Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Did Whitney and Kevin Costner Get Along?

I can't remember.

by Anonymousreply 3801/08/2013

If I recall right, no they didn't really like eachother.

by Anonymousreply 102/14/2012

I saw their kissing scene yesterday in Bodyguard and it seems Kevin was doing his best to not truly kiss Whitney as if he found it distasteful.

by Anonymousreply 202/14/2012

More please.

by Anonymousreply 302/14/2012

by Anonymousreply 402/14/2012

who was the original actress to play the lead in the Bodyguard?

by Anonymousreply 502/14/2012

never mind I looked it up and it was Diana Ross but the costar was to be Steven McQueen and later was offered to Ryan ONeil but neither version was made.

by Anonymousreply 602/14/2012

From the behind the scenes clips that have been shown recently, it looked like they were laughing and getting along.

by Anonymousreply 702/14/2012

He couldn't stand her. Would she be sober tomorrow? Would she know her lines for a change?

by Anonymousreply 802/14/2012

Talk about screen chemistry!!

No, really, someone talk about it, because it certainly wasn't happening between those two.

by Anonymousreply 902/14/2012

Yahoo News Canada: Though his manager in an email that Costner "holds Whitney in very high esteem," the actor has decided not to issue a public statement about Houston's passing in order to keep his relationship with her private.

Costner reportedly sent a floral arrangement to Bobbi Kristina in the hours after her mother's death. While he has remained mum in public, the actor's strong feelings about Houston are obvious after a glimpse at archival interviews with the actor.

"She's a world-class woman," he said at the time. "We've seen Streisand and we've seen Diana Ross, and Whitney is in that [category]. It's undeniable -- we can't describe it, but we all know it when we see it. And I felt that when I saw Whitney."

"I kissed her once for everybody in America, and I kissed her once for myself," he said.

by Anonymousreply 1002/14/2012

I love that last quote.

by Anonymousreply 1102/15/2012

by Anonymousreply 1202/15/2012

Thanks R10, for injecting some reality and class for these cunts.

by Anonymousreply 1302/15/2012

r10, I remember Costner telling Diane Sawyer that. He really loved her.

by Anonymousreply 1402/15/2012

Of course he liked kissing her. Straight men all think they can "turn" lesbians.

by Anonymousreply 1502/15/2012

He complained about the stink from her filthy dentures!

by Anonymousreply 1602/15/2012

Like his dentures smell any better R16.

by Anonymousreply 1702/15/2012

I know Kevin. I've know him for over two decades. He's a big lug who really gets along with everyone.

by Anonymousreply 1802/15/2012

Kevin Costner to Speak at Whitney Houston's Funeral: Source

Kevin Costner, the leading man who costarred with Whitney Houston in her greatest movie hit, The Bodyguard, is planning to speak at her funeral this weekend, a family source tells PEOPLE.

In addition, both Aretha Franklin and Stevie Wonder will sing at the service, and Houston's record producer from the very beginning of her career, Clive Davis, will also speak, Whitney's rep confirms.

According to the family source, "Whitney's family is devastated, but they're getting through it."

In addition, says the family source, "Clive has been a complete rock for her family this entire time. He's been with her since the beginning, and he's been everything to them. They're leaning on him for emotional support. He talks to them hourly, and he's a very big part in planning her funeral. Clive has been a constant presence for them. They're thanking God for Clive."

PHOTOS: Goodbye, Whitney: Famous Friends, Sad Hearts

As the rep told PEOPLE earlier, Houston's invitation-only funeral will take place Saturday at noon at the New Hope Baptist Church in Newark, N.J., where the pop queen's powerful voice was first heard in the choir.

Costner, now 57, and Houston costarred in her movie debut, 1992's The Bodyguard, in which she sang "I Will Always Love You." Houston played a music star threatened by a stalker, and Costner played a former Secret Service agent who protects and falls in love with her. The movie made more than $400 million at the box office.

Houston, 48, was found dead Saturday in the bathtub of her suite at the Beverly Hilton Hotel, and her body was returned to New Jersey on Tuesday.

by Anonymousreply 1902/16/2012

Oh God, this is starting to turn into a circus a la MJ's funeral. I bet Costner hasn't even had contact with Whitney in 20 years. But, hey, they starred in a popular movie together so that makes good TV!

by Anonymousreply 2002/16/2012

Dudnt he get her orrhnant and she gas an anirtion

by Anonymousreply 2102/16/2012

by Anonymousreply 2202/16/2012

I think she was pregnant when she made it. And he went out of his way as producer to make it easier on her. Actually, I think they got along fine.

by Anonymousreply 2302/16/2012

Costner could have run to any media outlet he wanted and gotten on the air. He didn't. He's speaking at her private funeral, we assume at the invitation of her family and he released a lovely statement about her.

Good on him.

by Anonymousreply 2402/16/2012

I thought they had pretty great chemistry in "The Bodyguard." True, Whitney's acting was pretty bad, but they were good together.

by Anonymousreply 2502/16/2012

Whitney was pregnant (and she miscarried) when she was filming "The Bodyguard" in Florida with Costner. I know this because her doctor was the son of my mother's dear friend. After Whitney miscarried, she flew in her doctor (the son of my mother's bf) who helped her in the aftermath.

by Anonymousreply 2602/16/2012

I am scheduled to throw myself on the casket and segue into a tribute medley after he speaks.

by Anonymousreply 2702/16/2012

[quote]I know Kevin. I've know him for over two decades. He's a big lug who really gets along with everyone.

That is nice to know. Thanks, R18.

by Anonymousreply 2802/16/2012

That's the vibe I always got from him and why I was so surprised to find out he's a Republican.

by Anonymousreply 2902/16/2012

Come again R21?

by Anonymousreply 3002/16/2012

I think they got along fine...They kissed a few times in the movie...One scene when they were sharing a kiss in the dark...I could tell the kiss was pretty passionate...although you could not see it very well.. you could those lips smacking very very loudly..,I guess that is when he decided to kiss "her for himself." as he stated in a tv interview...Honestly, I think he had feelings for her...that he keeps reserved to himself....

by Anonymousreply 3102/20/2012

R5 wasn't Princess Diana considered for a "Bodyguard" sequel? I remember that being mentioned after she died, how she was supposed to make her film debut in that.

by Anonymousreply 3202/20/2012

Is Kevin Costner a good person?

by Anonymousreply 3301/08/2013

You should hear Lucy's version of I Will Always Love You. Why she dropped out of the picture at the last moment I will never know.

by Anonymousreply 3401/08/2013

by Anonymousreply 3501/08/2013

He's sexy.

by Anonymousreply 3601/08/2013

I know from a very reliable source that Whitney had high respect for Costner, and filming "The Bodyguard" was the greatest time of her life.

by Anonymousreply 3701/08/2013

Will you please answer r35's question? Guys, don't be rude.

by Anonymousreply 3801/08/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!