Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Should President Obama attend Whitney Houston's funeral?

It would be an insult to the family if he was invited and didn't show up.

by Anonymousreply 4904/17/2013

Did they know each other? I don't think so.

Just because they are both black, you ask this question?

by Anonymousreply 102/13/2012

Because Whitney is a cultural icon. I would ask the same question if Madonna died

by Anonymousreply 202/13/2012

Stupid thread. He has more digmity than that.

by Anonymousreply 302/13/2012

Wow, OP--this poll so far is really going your way! Your provocative question doesn't seem like a trolling question AT ALL!

by Anonymousreply 402/13/2012

Obama was invited to Michael Jackson's funeral. He was overseas at the time and could not go.

It's not THAT batshit crazy of a question, folks.

by Anonymousreply 702/13/2012

[quote]I would ask the same question if Madonna died

The un-dead cannot die, OP.

by Anonymousreply 802/13/2012

Madonna died five years ago!

Her undead self looked pretty good last night. Very au natural when she performed "Rhinestone Cowboy."

by Anonymousreply 902/13/2012

New Jersey is a swing state, so yes.

by Anonymousreply 1002/13/2012

r7, you've gotta be kidding. You think being overseas was the only thing that prevented him from attending Michael Jackson's funeral, and that if he had been in the country, he would have gone? He would NEVER have inserted himself into that circus.

by Anonymousreply 1102/13/2012

I think if all the world leaders attended Whitney Houston's funeral then maybe standing there over the casket, the fumes of formaldehyde and marijuana in the air, they could broker world peace at last, and we could enter a new age of enlightenment, that's what I think.

by Anonymousreply 1202/13/2012

[quote]It's not THAT batshit crazy of a question, folks.

Uh, yes it is.

by Anonymousreply 1302/13/2012

OP = typical fat ass American.

by Anonymousreply 1402/13/2012

Bad PR move for him. The fundies and refuglicans would use it as fodder. They were bitching when he had a rapper sing at the White House saying it proved his ghetto thug ties.

by Anonymousreply 1502/13/2012

No doubt Obama will want to be there to greet the Pope and Denmark's Queen Margrethe II, both who accepted invites.

by Anonymousreply 1602/13/2012

Will Queen Beatrix be there?

by Anonymousreply 1702/13/2012

What about that fat ass Chris Christie?

Will he push away from the table long enough to attend?

by Anonymousreply 1802/13/2012

No, of course not. However it would be more appropriate if Michelle attended. She should sit with Bobby-Christina for support.

by Anonymousreply 1902/13/2012

Mittens and Santorum are definites. The black vote in Michigan, ya know.

by Anonymousreply 2002/13/2012

Neither Obama should attend, period. The fact that Whitney was black should be completely irrelevant; presidents generally only attend funerals of close friends and heads of state.

by Anonymousreply 2102/13/2012

STOP IT - He's the fucking President , and regardless of how talented she was, she was an entertainer - NOT a head of state. Unless she was a good friend of his personally, there is no reason to stop everything, and go. What is it with people. Kanye recently said when he dies, he wants the world's heads of state to be there. The EGO. Why couldn't a hack like him have gone, instead of Whitney ?

by Anonymousreply 2202/13/2012

I invited him to my aunt's funeral, and he didn't show. We're still ticked off.

by Anonymousreply 2302/13/2012

Listen. Kim Jun Un has confirmed. If the dictator of North Korea can go, I think our President should attend. She was a national, if not international treasure. For Christ sake, the entire nation of Andorra will be in attendance at the service, and one quarter of the residents of Togo are going to march in the memorial procession. Who does Obama think he is?

And while we're on the subject, I think the second Monday of every February should be a national holiday. Whitney Houston day. With memorial events across the country.

Plus I want another paid holiday.

by Anonymousreply 2402/13/2012

What's the matter, R24? Shemini Atzeret isn't enough for you?

by Anonymousreply 2502/13/2012

Bobbie Gentry is coming out of retirement to sing "Ode To Whitney Ho" at the memorial service. Seated together in the Hollywood Mourner's section will be Olivia de Havilland and Joan Fontaine accompanied by Roman Polanski.

by Anonymousreply 2602/13/2012

It would be highly inappropriate, OP, considering it was Obama who eliminated bin Laden, who was in love with Whitney.

by Anonymousreply 2702/13/2012

While I am not familiar with the work of Miss Shemini Atzeret, I imagine she is a songstress of the highest order. I imagine that her vocal stylings would bring the appropriate honor to Miss Houston.

Nana Mouskouri will sing the Lord's Prayer in Greek, Mandarin and Tagalog at the prayer breakfast prior to the funeral procession.

by Anonymousreply 2802/13/2012

OP = trash

by Anonymousreply 2902/13/2012

Obama, Netanyahu, and Abbas should all gather at Whitney's funeral and smoke the crack pipe. Or is it peace pipe?

by Anonymousreply 3002/14/2012

They're considering holding the memorial service at Yankee Stadium. Will they place the casket on the pitcher's mound or home plate?

by Anonymousreply 3102/14/2012

I honestly was sick of seeing Obama months after his election, bit of an attention whore methinks. But I would judge him harshly for not attending her funeral, not because of anything regarding him but it would be a nod to the level she achieved in life for the sitting president to attend her funeral.

by Anonymousreply 3202/14/2012

This thread is hilarious. Thank you all.

by Anonymousreply 3302/14/2012

What is a "Whitney Houston"?

by Anonymousreply 3402/14/2012

[quote]a nod to the level she achieved in life

It's an achievement to end up as drugged-out drunk who drowns in her vomit in a bathtub?

Obama can deliver a funeral oration telling how he hopes his daughters will follow the example of the high-achieving Whitney Houston.

by Anonymousreply 3502/14/2012

He's going. His press secretary just issued a press release. He also plans to sing The Greatest Love of All. Acapella, of course.

by Anonymousreply 3602/14/2012

I think he may have more important things to do.

by Anonymousreply 3702/14/2012

[quote]Will Queen Beatrix be there?

Well she certainly won't have a problem findind a hat if she attends.

by Anonymousreply 3802/14/2012

I think Nancy Reagan should do her casket dance to Whitney's "I Wanna Dance With Somebody".

by Anonymousreply 3902/14/2012

So president Obama should attend the funeral of Whitney Houston because she was a "cultural icon", after attending not one funeral for any soldiers killed in Iraq and Afghanistan? Yeah, that'll work well for him in an election year.

by Anonymousreply 4002/14/2012

The Vice President of China plans to attend the funeral.

by Anonymousreply 4102/14/2012

"Obama was invited to Michael Jackson's funeral. He was overseas at the time and could not go."

If he hadn't been overseas he still wouldn't have gone. He's not stupid. He would have been ridiculed and criticized to high heaven for attending the funeral of a drug-addicted pop star who had a fixation on young boys.

by Anonymousreply 4202/15/2012

I'm still laughing about this thread. You idiots are taking it so seriously.

by Anonymousreply 4302/15/2012

Of course we're taking it seriously. She was a mega-star around the globe and an inspiration to millions. For the President to diss her family by avoiding the funeral would be unthinkable in most civilized nations. The Prime Minister of Upper Volta is flying in from Africa for the funeral.

by Anonymousreply 4402/15/2012

he may want to dance with somebody who loves him

by Anonymousreply 4502/15/2012

I think he should, she has served her contry well, not only was she a cultural icon and musical inspiration, she sang in the whitehouse and also did alot with regards to donating proceeds of her version of the national anthem to the fallen of 9:11, she did tours for the soldiers and did her contry proud with the best rendition of the anthem at the superbowl ever, talk about repect, she had an emense respect for america, where is that same respect for her now. She was also human not infallable to the ills of the world, and it's people who have had a brush with drugs themselves that are suddenly acting like saints

by Anonymousreply 4602/16/2012

[quote]she sang in the whitehouse and also did alot with regards to donating proceeds... she had an emense respect for america,

Since she sang in the whitehouse and did alot, that's a perfect reason for Obama too go two the funeral two show that he also has an emense respect for america.

Your brilliant argument means alot too everywon who shares this emense respect.

by Anonymousreply 4702/16/2012

Whitney was just a drug-addled pop star, albeit a once-talented one.

No. The President of the United States will not be attending her funeral.

by Anonymousreply 4802/16/2012

If Obama doesn't even attend or send a senior delegation to Margaret Thatcher's funeral - the most significant leader of state since Winston Churchill - he better hell the not attend Whitney Houston's funeral.

by Anonymousreply 4904/17/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!