Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Good idea for scaredies.

Keep your keys by your bed at night. Should you hear someone trying to break in, push the horn button on your remote key chain. It should scare whoever is trying to break in.

do the same when walking to your car. Keep your finger near the horn or panic button thingee.

You're welcome.

by Anonymousreply 4609/29/2013

I'm scared.

By you, OP, posting meaningless topics to "crowd" the thread watcher.

by Anonymousreply 102/13/2012

I have an old truck -- no keyless remote. OTOH, I'm not afraid, either.

This post must be for gay men.

by Anonymousreply 202/13/2012

Or just keep the gun quick bolted underneath the bed table. I recommend a .45 - you want something with stopping power and a .45 will put rather large holes in people.

by Anonymousreply 402/13/2012

Is OP the same poster who warned us about job search websites?

by Anonymousreply 502/13/2012

[quote]I recommend a .45

I'm thinking it is not the caliber as much as the type of bullets. You want the type that explode into a cloud of bits once they enter a person.

I remember my Dad talking to a friend and saying that a certain sort of bullet would just "go through [someone] and only make him mad."

by Anonymousreply 802/14/2012

OP, good ideas, especially for when going back to the car.

by Anonymousreply 902/14/2012

Extra strength Depends for those sudden scares and surprises.

by Anonymousreply 1002/14/2012

I keep a nice S&W Magnum (.500, of course) where you keep your car keys, OP, so I don't worry. The noise and other qualities do more to "scare" people off than your toot-toot. And a Glock 17 in the drawer for back-up lets me sleep soundly.

Sweet of you to care, though.

by Anonymousreply 1102/14/2012

I keep a Maglight flashlight next to the bed in case I wake up and the lights are out. I can also use it to bash an intruder over the head.

by Anonymousreply 1302/14/2012

Dogs can deter a lot.

I had a teacher who told us a story about how one night she heard her dogs out in the back yard barking like crazy. She was about to go check on them when the doorbell rang, it was the police. A suspect had run into her back yard and was still there. The dogs had cornered him.

The kicker, they were shitzus. Little dogs. But they were enough to keep the guy from moving. Any type of dog is good. Just something that barks at strangers.

by Anonymousreply 1402/14/2012

R12, quit getting your granny panties sticky with your rape fantasies and then bothering us with your guilt. We don't care about how you want potential rapists to know you leave your bedroom window unlocked - that's disgusting and unsafe. We also don't want to hear about your bestiality issues. We know how fetishists like you move from rape to animals, but it's nasty for you to foist them on us. Shame on you.

by Anonymousreply 1502/15/2012

My catcremote doesn't turn the horn on. It locks and unlocks the car and opens the trunk. I don't think opening the trunk will scare anyone away.

Plus I'm on a flag lot. Meaning I'm not on a roadway. Nobody would be alerted to something if my car trunk opened.

by Anonymousreply 1602/15/2012

I keep a billy club (I do not know if that is the right term) by the bed. It was my late paternal grandfathers' and he used it in WWII. For all I should know he might have bashed a Nazi over the head with it or something.

by Anonymousreply 1702/15/2012

I have a samurai sword. (My great uncle took it offa soldier during WWII.) I honestly have no idea why I have it there. I think I put it between the nighstand and the bed years ago as a stupid joke. But every now and then, I look at it and think about how funny it would be if someone did break in and I had enough wits to grab it, unsheath it, and go all Shogun. Would they run? Applaud? Start talking about how they love Jackie Chan movies?

by Anonymousreply 1802/15/2012

Dogs are man's best friend. Thank you for sharing, R14!

by Anonymousreply 1902/15/2012

I have a few lights in the house on a remote and I keep the control next to my bed. If I heard something, I turn on all of the lights (although none is in my bedroom). That's about as defensive as I know how to be.

by Anonymousreply 2102/15/2012

Get a dog.

99% of burgers are looking for drug money. They don't give a shit about robbing "your" house, only about robbing "a" house.

A barking dog will send them to another house without the risk/hassle.

Unless you have the Hope Diamond and thieves are delliberately casing your house to get it, they are not going through a dog when the house down the street is nice and quiet.

Dogs have been bred to bark (wolves don't do this) for the express purpose of alerting humans to intruders. It's their job. They do it well.

by Anonymousreply 2302/15/2012

[quote]99% of burgers are looking for drug money. They don't give a shit about robbing "your" house, only about robbing "a" house.

Actually I think they're breaking in looking for a good bun.

by Anonymousreply 2402/15/2012

[quote I keep a Maglight flashlight next to the bed in case I wake up and the lights are out.

Me too.

[quote] I can also use it to bash an intruder over the head.

That's always been my thought too.

by Anonymousreply 2602/15/2012

R26, I have the billy club flashlight by my bed as well.

I know this sounds paranoid, but I rehearsed the whole routine of surprising the burglar in my house, shining the flashlight into his eyes to blind him, and then bashing him over the head with it. I know I would never have to do it, but rehearsing it "just in case" gave me a sense of comfort.

By the way, I did have my house broken into back in 2008. It happened during the day, between 7 and 8 in the morning. The burglar was my neighbor, a teenage kid, and I caught him in the act when I got home after working out at the gym. We believe that he had broken into a number of neighbors' homes, and that he was selling stuff to buy drugs. I was lucky; I got most of my stuff back, and he got arrested and went to jail. But I felt violated and I didn't sleep well for a month after that. We haven't had any neighborhood problems since that kid left.

I don't know if there's ever been a study about this, but I do believe that 9 times out of 10, a burglar is one of your neighbors.

by Anonymousreply 2702/15/2012

[quote]I keep a nice S&W Magnum (.500, of course) where you keep your car keys, OP, so I don't worry. The noise and other qualities do more to "scare" people off than your toot-toot. And a Glock 17 in the drawer for back-up lets me sleep soundly.

I keep a smaller but just as handy Smith & Wesson Model 36 (Chief's Special) on a bedside table. I'm trained how to use it and have no qualms about shooting someone who tries to harm me or mine.

by Anonymousreply 2802/15/2012

LOL @ R25

by Anonymousreply 2909/27/2013

A big dog and a Glock helps anyone sleep through the night.

by Anonymousreply 3209/27/2013

[quote]My catcremote doesn't turn the horn on

My cat didn't come with a cremote.

by Anonymousreply 3309/27/2013

[all posts by racist flame bait troll removed, ISP notified with full text of all posts.]

by Anonymousreply 3409/27/2013

r34, you sound paranoid.

by Anonymousreply 3509/27/2013

Spray bottle with bleach. Aim for the eyes.

by Anonymousreply 3609/29/2013

For me, in my mind, they'll always be here!

by Anonymousreply 3709/29/2013

Get a dog. A big one with a big deep bark.

This is why all dogs exist. To protect the house, cabin, wagon train, sheep

Seriously.

by Anonymousreply 3809/29/2013

A dog is an alarm system.

by Anonymousreply 4009/29/2013

[quote] Get a dog.

"Get a dog" is the new "Get a blog."

by Anonymousreply 4109/29/2013

Thanks for giving this great advice. The car horns will distract everyone from your screams as you see me at your bedside raising the razor-sharp knife for the first strike.

by Anonymousreply 4409/29/2013

Someone keeps buzzing my entrance between 3 and 4 a.m. When I get up and go answer it there is nobody there. I think they are trying to give me a heart attack, and it's too persistent just to be kids. It happens all the time. One time I found scorch marks on my wooden steps like someone had tried to burn them (and no, not cigarette shaped).

by Anonymousreply 4509/29/2013

I don't have a gun but I do keep a baseball bat near the front door and one in the back seat of the car. I have a very loud whistle on my key chain.

by Anonymousreply 4609/29/2013
Need more help? Click Here.