Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Whitney Houston's former girlfriend Robyn Crawford must be devastated....

Condolences to all your love ones. RIP in Whitney, you are a legend

by Anonymousreply 40501/31/2015

Robin met WH when she was 16yo. First Love never dies.

by Anonymousreply 802/16/2012

They remained in touch, although not often. Both had long moved on with their lives.

by Anonymousreply 1002/17/2012

Why is everyone so obsessed with Robin and Whitney? It's been over forever and first loves do die and move on.

by Anonymousreply 1302/17/2012

"Its so sad for Whitney,I met her and Robin in Paradide Island back in 1989 or 1990 they took pictures with me and a friend AND WERE VERY MUCH IN LOVE please robin i know your devastated but tell your story"

How do you know they were in love? Also, do you mean Paradise Island? I am not so sure anymore that she was really gay and tormented.

by Anonymousreply 1402/17/2012

Thanks, r18.

by Anonymousreply 2102/19/2012

Did Robyn Crawford attend Whitneys funeral? I read the article in Esquire magazine and I have seen pictures of Robyn on the internet with another woman. I hope she writes a book like so many others are hoping as well. I believe that she and Whitney were lovers but only God can judge that. I accepted that she was talented, blessed by God and very flawed. Too bad she couldnt get her act together for a comeback. But really, I think God had given her a lot, more that what He gave to a lot of others and it was her turn to fly into His arms for all of eternity. I hope Bobbie K turns her life around, but due to the strong family dynamics of drug addiction in both Bobby and Whitney's families, I think the po' chile is doomed.

by Anonymousreply 2302/19/2012

Whitney, sure seemed like a top that 's for sure. Robin is a good looking woman. hopefully she will write a book. I think it would be in good taste since she seems to be an intelligent, together woman.

Sorry Whtiney felt she had to try to be straight with Bobby Brown. Wasn't fair to him, thought I am sure he thought he's get come career action out of the marriage.

by Anonymousreply 2402/19/2012

R3, do you mean Paradise Island in The Bahamas?

by Anonymousreply 2702/19/2012

Whitney deserves to rest in peace without being hijacked by the gay agenda. It's a bit rough outing her when she can't defend herself.

by Anonymousreply 2802/19/2012

I will always Love Whitney,But Robyn should be able to tell her story.

by Anonymousreply 2902/19/2012

"Robyn would be one pathetic woman if she is still wallowing in this shit."

What a cold and idiotic thing to say. Even if she had truly moved on I am sure Houston's death was devastating. It would be for anyone with human emotions but you don't seem to have those.

by Anonymousreply 3002/19/2012

Wow, r31, she certainly wasn't denying anything there, just saying my private life is my private life and I'm not talking about it. Reading between the lines, it's almost as though she came out.

Her dad is half Italian. Anyone know anything about Whitney's Italian family?

by Anonymousreply 3302/20/2012

Because I think it's interesting and haven't learnt anything about it beyond the fact her dad is half-Italian. There is a lot about her being African-American but she was also part Italian, just wondering what her Italian grandmother's input might have been. Her dad looked very Italian.

by Anonymousreply 3502/20/2012

[quote]she certainly wasn't denying anything there, just saying my private life is my private life and I'm not talking about it. Reading between the lines, it's almost as though she came out.

Get therapy r33.

by Anonymousreply 3602/20/2012

What? Did you actually listen to that interview? Check it out from about 3 minutes. The pronouns she's using are also revealing "Not that I'm sleeping with this one, that one", as opposed to "this guy, that guy". Even r34 thinks the video is revealing and he/she's bashing me on another thread.

What I did just learn from my work-avoidance procrastination is that her father's mother was called Sarah Elizabeth Collins (ok, not so Italian), she had a number of half-siblings from her parents' various marriages. Her father John was married three times, his last marriage coming in 1992, the year in which he divorced Whitney's mother, and from which he had another daughter. Also, Whitney had at least two miscarriages, in 1994 and 1996. Seems like she had a whole lot of sadness in her life.

by Anonymousreply 3702/20/2012

How is that video revealing?

by Anonymousreply 3902/20/2012

There was a Channel 5 documentary on UK TV tonight which supported the Robyn Crawford rumours - she was Whitney's lover. Showed Whitney's drug dealer, one 'Uncle Bob' who said he sold Whitney drugs before Bobby Brown came on the scene. He also said that WHitney was a lot older than Bobby and perhaps the more experienced drug user. They developed a co-dependent drug-taking relationship which hastened her demise....

by Anonymousreply 4002/21/2012

According to ET, Robyn stands to inherit some of Whitneys fortune

by Anonymousreply 4102/21/2012

Hurray for Robin!

by Anonymousreply 4202/21/2012

R41, I disagree. BK should inherent all of Whitney's fortune...

by Anonymousreply 4302/21/2012

Wait, what? I have not found this information anywhere. Do you have a link,to reply [41].

by Anonymousreply 4402/21/2012

R43, no, the money should go to who Whitney designated it for. Some of it likely will go to BK - but hopefully, not too much as she seems to have a weakness for drugs herself. I'd hate to see her follow her mother's path.

by Anonymousreply 4602/21/2012

R45 Why you lookin' at me (Oh...oh...)

My following is real strong/ You got the heart to show the world what I do/ Now I'm turnin' the cameras back on you/ Same spotlights, the ones who gave me fame/ Tryin' to dirty up Whitney's name....

by Anonymousreply 4702/21/2012

So what is crack like? I'll never do it but am curious about why certain people get really sucked in by it.

by Anonymousreply 4802/21/2012

Beautiful pic of Robyn at link.

Robyn is also one of the backup singers in the video for You Give Good Love. Early on whitney def had more of a lez/andro look.

by Anonymousreply 4902/22/2012

R30? You project much?

by Anonymousreply 5002/22/2012

I am R41, I have no proof, just reporting what ET said the other evening. They gave a list of people that might benefit from her, Robyn being one of them.

by Anonymousreply 5102/22/2012

Are you people insane? There is NO MONEY. Only debts and IRS bills.

by Anonymousreply 5202/22/2012

Plus her mama is selling footage of the funeral to the media to boost the value of the estate.

by Anonymousreply 5502/22/2012

Most of Whitney Houston's music catalog is owned by Sony. Whitney sold it to cover expenses for drugs and living expenses.

Read the link below starting at the 4th paragraph.

by Anonymousreply 5602/22/2012

Whitney sang on her second Lp a song my best friend wrote. I always knew about Robyn from her. At the time of that recording, my friend said Robyn was always with Whitney and they were in love, and a great couple. Whitney was beginning to soar and was getting a lot of pressure. I had always heard that Robyn broke it off after many years of them being together because Robyn was not going to hide who she was. From the way I had always heard it from those who knew Whitney. It had more to do with Clive Davis than it did anyone else. Additionally, it was thought that Whitney would be good for Bobby' image/career as well. I'd always heard that Whitney was always supportive of gay/lesbian issues and the community audience. I think anyone would eventually suffer from pretending to be something they were not. Homophobia kills. RIP Whitney Houston

by Anonymousreply 5802/23/2012

It sounds like Robyn was a good influence on Whitney.

by Anonymousreply 5902/23/2012

It's sad that Whitney was pressured. It seems like she would've been much better off living her life.

by Anonymousreply 6202/23/2012

by Anonymousreply 6302/24/2012

That's interesting, r58, and also adds another dimension: we've all been assuming that Whitney dumped Robyn, whereas it may actually have been the other way around. Just to add more sadness in Whitney's life.

by Anonymousreply 6402/24/2012

It's a shame that she married Bobby Brown. I can't imagine what that must have been like on a daily basis.

by Anonymousreply 6502/24/2012

RIP Whitney

by Anonymousreply 6602/24/2012

I feel bad for her daughter.

by Anonymousreply 6702/24/2012

Anyone knows in what year Robyn was not longer part of Whitney life, someone said 2000 or 2002. Was Robyn her maid of honor in her wedding with Bobbie Brown?

by Anonymousreply 6802/24/2012

To reply [68], Robyn left in 2000. Her and Bobby fought about who would advise Whitney. Whitney chose Bobby cause that was her husband. This according to an interview with Diane Sawyer back in 2002.

by Anonymousreply 6902/24/2012

It's also possible that Whitney really wanted to be straight.

by Anonymousreply 7002/24/2012

Maybe Whitney really wanted to be straight.

by Anonymousreply 7102/24/2012

It all makes sense now Whitney was hurting , because she had to hurt that someone she so loved to be what the world wanted her to be . Its so obvious think of her songs when she was with Robyn full of love and heart but once she made that move her songs started to change , her life changed ....she was living a heartbreak hotel . We love you ! We miss you ! Wish we could of met .

by Anonymousreply 7202/25/2012

Yeah, r70, 71, but she WASN'T.

by Anonymousreply 7302/25/2012

She probably did want to be straight, most of us do at some point. It's also a reason so many people start drinking/using.

by Anonymousreply 7402/25/2012

Why didn't she come out once she divorced Bobby? There wasn't as much pressure on her career.

by Anonymousreply 7502/25/2012

R75, I want to mull on that a bit. I think that I agree with you (but Whitney was still hugely popular within the black gosepel performers set so there's that)

Then again...there's always the case of George Michael but he was forced out of the closet.

Whitney would have never been the Whitney of old

by Anonymousreply 7602/25/2012

A lot of people within the black gospel set are gay!

by Anonymousreply 7702/25/2012

R69, that's so interesting because less than a year after Robyn left, Whitney performed at a 2001 concert to honor Michael Jackson. Whitney looked hideous - her arms were skeletal, her recently enhanced breasts ballooned ridiculously against her bony chest. She gave a poor performance, and her publicist had to issue a statement about Whitney being in good health because so many questions were asked.

It appears Whitney spiraled in the two years after splitting with Robyn, culminating in the 2002 Diana Sawyer interview. (Crack is whack!)

That convinces me more than anything that Robyn was the stabilizing force in her life and Bobby Brown was the slippery slope.

by Anonymousreply 7802/25/2012

R77- And most of them are closeted gay bashers too, for that matter.

by Anonymousreply 7902/25/2012

Initially I was not sure if the rumors were true about Whitney, but over the last few weeks I have read so many posts on different boards and articles, including this one, from people who are providing direct or indirect accounts of Whitney not being heterosexual.

From Whitney's former sister-in-law Tina Brown, a former limousine drive, a former body guard, a person who was a part of her PR team, a person who was present during Whitney's early career during recording sessions, etc.

It is hard to deny when you read direct comments from people who actually knew and worked with Whitney Houston.

This is very different from the rumors surrounding other celebrities that I have read about over the years.

This is so sad! To think that Houston could generate millions of dollars and provide jobs to countless family members and friends and then at the end of the day still feel trapped like your life was still not your own to do as you may have preferred....horrible!

by Anonymousreply 8002/25/2012

Whitney's life was sad. I wonder how Bobby and Robyn felt about each other.

by Anonymousreply 8102/25/2012

What song did your friend write r58?

by Anonymousreply 8202/27/2012

And then you have psychotics like R83 who are so AGHAST at the THOUGHT of someone being GAY that they take to RANDOMLY posting in ALL CAPS!

Take a chill pill, rockdiva. Whitney was gay or bisexual. It's not the END of the WORLD!

by Anonymousreply 8402/27/2012

Why would the flight attendant make it up? So many people have stories about the two of them.

by Anonymousreply 8502/27/2012

Whitney allowed herself to be affectionate with Robyn when:

1. there were no video cameras

2. she was high

by Anonymousreply 8602/27/2012

Why would you say she was high when she was affectionate with her?

by Anonymousreply 8702/27/2012

Did Whitney date any women after she divorced Bobby?

by Anonymousreply 8902/28/2012

R87, when Whitney was high she was not aware that she was being watched.

by Anonymousreply 9002/28/2012

Also when you're high inhidbitions drop considerably, and the horns come on - gee have you guys never been high?

by Anonymousreply 9102/28/2012

I wish Whitney had been comfortable enough to live openly and freely.

by Anonymousreply 9202/28/2012

I wonder if Robyn will get anything at all in Whitney's will or will she get nada just like Bobby Brown, according to rumours...

by Anonymousreply 9303/07/2012

It sounds like BK got everything.

by Anonymousreply 9403/07/2012

WH dated Cherelle after her and Robyn broke up and there were others. I wish the NE had a better archive because years ago I remember reading that she was doing sex and drugs with other women in it. The NE has all the details but their archive online does not have it.

by Anonymousreply 9503/07/2012

Cherelle was on an episode of the reality show. Whitney told BK she was with "Aunty Cherelle."

by Anonymousreply 9603/07/2012

With all the hype surrounding the Oprah Winfrey interview with Whitney's daughter, brother and sister-in-law that will air on the OWN network this Sunday night, there have been a few clips put out as teasers from the interview that was actually taped last Friday.

In one of the clips I saw today, Whitney's sister-in-law Pat Houston said something I found a little interesting. She stated that in Whitney's last days she believed Whitney had conquered her addiction problems, but she was concerned about Whitney's "LIFESTYLE".

I found that word and interesting choice of words. As gays how many times have we heard the word "LIFESTYLE" used many times in reference to anyone who is bisexual or gay. Our lives are always described as a "LIFESTYLE", "THE GAY LIFESTYLE", etc.

Most of the discussion I have on a few straight oriented boards today on this clip from Pat Houston, assumed Pat was talking about Whitney's so-called "friend" Ray J. But could Pat had also been award of Whitney's involvement with females as that is why she used that wording?

Very rarely have I ever heard of a straight person referring to each others love lives as a "LIFESTYLE".

by Anonymousreply 9703/09/2012

I don't understand why Pat would say "lifestyle" either.

by Anonymousreply 9803/10/2012

Thanks for posting that, r97. I won't be able to watch the interview, but I am really hoping there is a good write up about it or youtube clips.

I wonder how much the family is being paid? You know this interview is going to draw a lot of viewers.

by Anonymousreply 9903/10/2012

Pat Houston talked about Whitney chasing a young man. I don't know if that's what meant by "lifestyle."

by Anonymousreply 10003/12/2012

I wonder what Robyn really thinks of all of this.

by Anonymousreply 10103/12/2012

Have you ever heard of bisexuality R102?

Bisexuality is when an individual is attracted to both men and women.

by Anonymousreply 10303/13/2012

It has been mentioned that Ray J is involved with selling and using drugs. It also has been reported that Whitney's drug dealer was staying in the Beverly Hilton while she was there for the pre-Grammy festivities.

It's looks like, just like with Bobby Brown, Ray J may have been another drug buddy "partner".

So I can see why she was "lusting" after him alright. Unfortunately, "lusting" after those drugs he could supply her with.

by Anonymousreply 10403/13/2012

Whitney was using Ray J to get to Brandy.

by Anonymousreply 10503/13/2012

I read that RayJ was shopping a reality show that would feature Whitney.

by Anonymousreply 10603/13/2012

I read that too R106 and it was confirmed by Ray J's publicist.

The publicist also stated that she was not sure if Ray J would continue with the project since Whitney died.

by Anonymousreply 10703/13/2012

So RayJ used Whitney for the reality show? She didn't need to appear on another reality show!

by Anonymousreply 10803/13/2012

Who gives a fuck about Gay J?! Stop talking about that piece of crap.

by Anonymousreply 10903/13/2012

R102, you must renew your meds .

by Anonymousreply 11003/13/2012

A poster on Lipstick Alley mentioned that one of the reasons that John Houston (WHs dad) initially freaked out over Whit's romance with Robyn Crawford was that Whitney was underage at the time...only 16. Robyn was 18 and in college.

by Anonymousreply 11103/13/2012

Didn't Whitney attend a private all girls school? Perhaps she had experimented with schoolmates and classmates. It's not that farfetched. Necking and petting in those dark and secret nook and crannies of the school. While 16 and 18 (and in college) would be a concern, perhaps Whitney knew or suspected that maybe just maybe that she would not be all together straight BEFORE she met Robyn.

It's not that anyone at least from what I've read just wants discuss this for the sake of discussion, but so far no one can produce a picture of an erratic Whitney, a stoned Whitney, a disheveled Whitney. No one can account for an unprofessional Whitney, a Whitney who performed poorly, arrived late or cancelled a performance Whitney. Even the NE hasn't been. able to produce an article or photograh of a less than stunningly beautiful Whitney Houston comfortable in her own skin, taking the music industry by storm and all in the company of her beloved Robyn Crawford.

Contrast the Whitney of 2001, the year AFTER Robyn left because she could no longer take seeing her dear friend decline. In one year, Whitney Houston appeared literally emaciated at a performance for Michael Jackson. Throughtout the 90's after her marriage to Robert Baresford "Bobby" Brown, it was one problem after another, one photo of erractic behavior after another, one critique of a poor performance after another. Why? The constrast is too stunning to ignore. Robyn Crawford gave something to Whitney Elizabeth Houston so precious, so priceless that Whitney spent the remainder of her life searching for what she chose to relinquish.

Like it or not, Robyn Crawford was the true love of Whitney Houston's life. Whitney loved Robert Baresford "Bobby" Brown. He just wasn't the love of her life.

Robyn and Robert two individuals probably mired with a deep seated hatred for one another, forever linked together through the love of a beautiful, phenominally talented, tragically flawed woman, Whitney Elizabeth Houston.

by Anonymousreply 11203/14/2012

Yes, R111, I'm sure that was what truly worried him, not, y'know, the lesbian thing.

In any case, Cissy and John seem to have made peace with the 2 of them living together right after Whitney finished high school... so I'm not sure they knew the whole story straight away.

by Anonymousreply 11403/14/2012

"Didn't Whitney attend a private all girls school? Perhaps she had experimented with schoolmates and classmates. It's not that farfetched. Necking and petting in those dark and secret nook and crannies of the school. While 16 and 18 (and in college) would be a concern, perhaps Whitney knew or suspected that maybe just maybe that she would not be all together straight BEFORE she met Robyn."

That definitely could have happened. I also wonder if something may during one of her modeling shoots, although I think she may have already been with Robyn at that point. Some of her old modeling photos look as if they were shot somewhere in the Caribbean. I have known friends who worked in that industry and supposedly it is not unusual for those models (no matter their sexuality) to get involved with some hanky panky while doing shoots. As an aside, In one of her modeling photos there is a group of women playing on the beach and one of them looks just like a young Phoebe Cates.

I still think that Whitney may have been extremely screwed up and conflicted about her sexuality and although she slept with Robyn (and possibly other women) she didn't consider those "real" romantic situations. I was chased and seduced once by a woman who then later claimed that she was 100% straight. She downplayed and belittled our experience together so much that at times I began to question what had really happened and it fucked with my head. I think she just couldn't or wouldn't accept that she was at least bisexual. So odd since she pursued me so heavily. Even though things have changed, I think that unfortunately, anything other that 100% heterosexuality screws with a lot of women's heads and they have a hard time accepting it.

by Anonymousreply 11503/14/2012

[quote]I was chased and seduced once by a woman who then later claimed that she was 100% straight. She downplayed and belittled our experience together

Same here. The "straight" woman later joined a Holy Roller Church to pray the gay away.

by Anonymousreply 11603/14/2012

Did Whitney have serious relationships with women besides Robyn?

by Anonymousreply 11703/15/2012

I think that initially she felt a great deal more comfortable in her skin about her sexuity. The problems didn't start until the "rumors" had become so horrendous that something had (supposedly) to be done. The straight side of her wanted to have children. The gay side was quite content to enjoy her life as is with Robyn.

Whitney definitely had a butch-androgenous thing going on when she was at the top of her game. Just take a look at the way she's sitting in the "I Will Always Love You" video. There's even a picture of her wearing a dark pinstripe suit with a necktie while she stands on one end while Robyn stands on the other with husband Bobby and Mother Cissy in the middle. Makes one wonder.

I believe that Whitney so wanted after she married to "forget" about her proclivities. Yet, even the NE relayed that when stoned, her inhibitions dropped to zero, she had sex with other women. Hey, even her own former husband hinted that the marriage was doomed because of th ALLEGDED need for his wife to quell all rumors about her ALLEGDED bi-sexuality.

Whitney, once she did the "right thing", she would never be able a accept that she soared with a woman and crashed with a man.

by Anonymousreply 11803/15/2012

Not sure it could be called "butch", R118, but the ultra-femme diva in glittery dresses was definitely Clive's creation. Look at the way she's sitting in this interview with Mariah. (In which she also seems kinda drugged out of her mind, btw.)

by Anonymousreply 11903/15/2012

Are you serious 120? Johnny Gill is gay! Eddie Murphy is a bad example too.

by Anonymousreply 12103/15/2012

Randall Cunningham is a bad example too. Both he and Whitney said they were just friends.

And Robyn's been with her wife at least since 2003, so you're wrong about that too, R120.

And we don't know Whitney didn't find another woman. Let's be honest, nobody paid much attention to her for a decade (the public embarrassment of Being Bobby Brown notwithstanding).

by Anonymousreply 12203/15/2012

Just like Rock Hudson was linked to some of the most beautiful and talented female stars and starlets of the "Golden Age of Hollywood".

A black, stunningly beautiful, supremely talented female superstar of Whitney Houston's caliber coming out of the closet? Really? Could anyone be kidding about such insanity!!! I know in the 80's and 90's this would never have been accetable. Today, I don't think Whitney's revelation of a struggle with her sexuality would still go over well in the Black Community and of course it would have not gone over at all in the Black Church.

Rock Hudson would have gone to his grave a heterosexual male had AIDS not ripped him out of the closet. Besides, who of us can say that now Whitney is immortal, perhaps she is free to warn us TO BE HONEST WITH OURSELVES!!! This doesn't mean that you give in if you don't want to. This means that you accept and acknowledge the TRUTH about yourself.

Look Oprah and Gale are good friends. However, the bond between Robyn and Whitney was so profound that when Robyn left in 2000, a skeletal Whitney took the stage to honor, Michael Jackson. Hmmmmm. Where did Whitney's broken heart go? With Robyn everything remained in tact. Without Robyn, it all shattered into a million pieces NEVER to be restored.

by Anonymousreply 12303/15/2012

I wonder how Whitney felt about Robyn moving on to someone else.

by Anonymousreply 12603/16/2012

Wasn't Robyn's wife working for Whitney as a publicist for a while? When was that? Before or after Robyn left?

by Anonymousreply 12703/16/2012

And R125, you must have slept through the 2000s. Whitney was a mess.

by Anonymousreply 12803/16/2012

Poor Whitney was a mess in the 2000s. I had always liked her and I remember avoiding the tabloid reports about her and the reality show because it was too sad to watch. I actually didn't realize til after she died just how far she had fallen back then as I avoided any of those stories and pictures of her then. It is amazing how so many of the tabloids and gossip columnist seemed to enjoy her downfall. What kind of person takes joy in watching a once beautiful and talented woman go through such pain? Before she became a mess I don't recall hearing any stories about her being a horrible person to deal with unlike many celebrities (JLo in the 2000s?) yet it seems the tabloids were cheering on her decline like it was a sporting match. Disgusting.

It is so incredibly sad that she died way too young and it seems like she still had a lot of leeches mooching off of her. I am glad though she didn't die in one of those awful crack dens that she supposedly frequented years ago. That would have been even more tragic.

by Anonymousreply 12903/16/2012

A lot of people (including many here) resented Whitney for being a closet case. They were not unhappy to see her slide, lose her voice & looks, stay married to a loser. It was like she deserved what she got.

by Anonymousreply 13103/16/2012

Whitney found sex with lots of woman. She saved whatever emotion she had left for drink & drugs and trying to be married to Brown.

by Anonymousreply 13203/16/2012

The masses who cheered her decline just said druggie-loser and felt superior because they were not addicts and maybe jealous because she was once a superstar and rich (the masses didn't know about the gay rumors - still don't, apparently). And the media broadcasted it all because they are heartless and want to make money off of it.

by Anonymousreply 13303/16/2012

Learn English, R130. That sentence wasn't a question.

by Anonymousreply 13403/16/2012

Bullshit r131, the people who run tabloids and gossip sites are parasites and scum and they were laughing at her decline. Have you paid any attention to the tabloid scandal in the UK? These are the same people who hacked into a kidnapped girl's cell phone to get information which gave her parents false hopes that maybe she was still alive when she was in fact dead. These are not nice people.

I am not a fan of closeted people either but to say someone deserved what they got because of that is gross to me. Whitney may not have even been consciously closeted. I still think she might have been tormented or at the least conflicted about her attraction to women. You can not respect her for that but, to be happy that she became a pathetic drug addict is vile. Btw, her drug problems had to run deeper than being a closet case. I have known out gay people who have drug problems.

by Anonymousreply 13503/16/2012

The masses forgot about the gay rumors, R133. Those who were around in the 80s and early 90s still remember them.

by Anonymousreply 13603/16/2012

"Whitney found sex with lots of woman. She saved whatever emotion she had left for drink & drugs and trying to be married to Brown."

I wish there was more confirmation about this from someone other than Tina Brown. The way she described those experiences it seems as if they were fucked up. Btw, I heard a rumor that died quickly that some musician connected to Whitney claimed she was sleeping with an actress half her age at the time of her death. That one seemed to die pretty fast so I don't give it much credence. Probably as realistic as her actually sleeping with Ray J.

by Anonymousreply 13703/16/2012

R135, are you new to the Datalounge?

by Anonymousreply 13803/16/2012

Uh, no I am not r138. Not everyone who has been around here has to become a nasty c&nt to feel like they fit in. Only vile idiots think they are clever by smirking at another persons downfall. I guess you like conformity.

by Anonymousreply 13903/16/2012

I googled it, and apparently Lisa Hintelmann (Robyn's wife) was already Whitney's publicist back in 1993 at the very least. I didn't know that. Now I'm wondering when their relationship began? Was that the reason(or one of the reasons) Robyn left?

by Anonymousreply 14103/16/2012

Longtime Houston Friend Has "Gone Into Hiding" Following Media Pressure to Discuss the Diva's Death

by Anonymousreply 14203/16/2012

What did Pat Houston mean when she said a young man hurt Whitney? How was she hurt?

by Anonymousreply 14303/16/2012

Pat Houston said she was afraid a young man (Ray J, I imagine) would hurt Whitney - not that he had already Whitney, but that he might hurt her in the future.

by Anonymousreply 14403/16/2012

I can't believe Pat really thinks Whitney was chasing behind RayJ.

by Anonymousreply 14503/16/2012

Okay, let's say that Whitney had come out of the closet. Let's say that she had been denounced and ostracized by the black community and turned away by the Black Church. Where could she have gone? Would she have completely been accepted by the gay community? Would she have been comfortable in the gay community? Would she have been obligated or required to become the black poster girl for the gay community? Would she have experienced racism from those in the gay community?

Would her life have been her own had she come out of the closet? Would she have been required to "make a statement" by giving her sexuality prominence over race, gender, or other pertinent social issues? Would she still have had to contend with expectations from the gay community? Would she have been excused, forgiven, or denounced and ostracized had she ever decided to oppose an issue integral to the gay community?

I believe that though out of the closet, she would have felt just as pressured to be what those in the gay community envisioned as those in the black community, the Black Church, friends, family, Clice Davis, and fans envisioned.

Whitney, wasn't one hundred percent straight. She wasn't one hundred percent gay either. It wouldn't have been easy either in or out of the closet. Would she have been happier had she not chose to give up the true love of her life? Would she have been any healthier in mind and body? She smoked (crackpipe not withstanding) like a chimney. Would she STILL have married just so she could have children?

Who's to say that Whitney hadn't thought of any of these things when she may have been on the verge of coming out a time or two and thought better of that decision? Who's to say that when alone, she thought about how much happier and healthier she could have been in accepting her duel sexuality? Who's to say that when she thought about the love she gave up that she crumbled even more?

Would Whitney have ultimately felt absolutely free or just as trapped as in the closet?

by Anonymousreply 14603/16/2012

I rewatched the infamous 2002 interview she did with Diane Sawyer, and in it Whitney said she and Robyn stopped being "friends" in 2000 because Robyn didn't like Bobby and told Whitney that Bobby was trying to control her. Whitney said that she told Robyn something along the lines of if you have a problem with my husband, then you have a problem with me and the two went their separate ways.

By the way Whitney talked about it in the interview, I got the impression that Whitney had been "done" with Robyn for quite some time before their fight since she seemed so "whatever" about the whole thing.

by Anonymousreply 14703/16/2012

[quote]Would Whitney have ultimately felt absolutely free or just as trapped as in the closet?

Well, let's put it this way: If she spent her life in the closet and at least half of her life on drugs and ended up dead at 48, she obviously wouldn't of had much to lose if she had come out and stopped with all the lies. At least when you're living the truth, there isn't the weight of the world on your shoulders.

by Anonymousreply 14803/16/2012

Er have you seen pics of Robyn's wife, R141? Who would leave Whitney Houston for that?

by Anonymousreply 14903/16/2012

Was Whitney beautiful without her wigs?

by Anonymousreply 15003/16/2012

Out of the loop here. What is The NE?

by Anonymousreply 15103/16/2012

R149 I know a lot of us would like to not appear shallow, but I would have to agree that Whitney looked better. But, sometimes we can become drawn to someone from the beauty found in the aura of a person. I'm sure we've all had an experience or two where we became attracted to a person who wasn't really our 'type' and couldn't find the exact reason why. It happens.

by Anonymousreply 15203/16/2012

Nvr mind. Figured it out. National Enquirer

by Anonymousreply 15303/16/2012

"By the way Whitney talked about it in the interview, I got the impression that Whitney had been "done" with Robyn for quite some time before their fight since she seemed so "whatever" about the whole thing."

Then we saw different interviews. In the Diane Sawyer interview I saw, Diane could tell there was still something (whatever that was) lingering between her and Robyn and that is why Diane sat silent for a few moments and then Whitney says to Robyn through the camera, "And I Love ya!" That doesn't sound like they were completely on the outs.

by Anonymousreply 15403/16/2012

"Was Whitney beautiful without her wigs?"

When she was young she was. I had always heard her hair was super short but I wonder how short. In the 80s she wore more weaves which looked better imo. I have always wondered if this was a weave or her real hair in this 80s video. I think she looked best with this hair.

Also to r146's post, honestly, if Whitney were 100% gay and decided to come out, I think it would have been best to go the Jodie Foster route and just be quietly out and not be a poster child for the gay community. Honestly, when couples become "professional gay couples" I would think it puts way too much pressure on their relationship. Who would want that pressure to be a poster child when you already have the pressure to please the general public with your music.

by Anonymousreply 15503/16/2012

r152, who says Robyn had left Whitney for this woman? I thought it was more like Robyn felt pushed out of Whitney's life and this was a rebound, a rebound that has lasted but a rebound still.

by Anonymousreply 15603/16/2012

R156 True.

But as long as she's happy.

by Anonymousreply 15703/17/2012

Let it go! She had sex with men. She loved Ray-J and even if she did date woman in the past. That is not who she was when she died. She may have been bi at very most. Let it go already. The lady is dead and none of you bitches have receipts !

by Anonymousreply 15803/17/2012

I have a receipt right here that says "Whitney loved the lady love and no one let her be free and Bobby just furthered the addction, plus tax, thank you for shopping with us."

by Anonymousreply 15903/17/2012

Ray J was more like her drug dealer than a bf, but alright.

by Anonymousreply 16003/17/2012

R154 Oh, please! Whitney was being a smart ass throughout that whole interview and when she said "And I love ya!", she said it in a smart ass way.

I don't doubt that they were once lovers, but whatever they had was obviously a ship that sailed and was over and done with. Whitney seemed like she couldn't have cared less about Robyn by that time in her life by the way she spoke of her, and if they hadn't spoken in two years, Whitney probably was over her. Anyone who watched that interview could tell that by 2002, Whitney's world revolved around Bobby. She didn't seem to care about anything else by that point.

by Anonymousreply 16103/17/2012

I cringe everytime I think about that disaster of an interview. Everything Robyn tried to tell Whitney was validated. In the 2009 interview with Oprah Winfrey, Whitney admitted how she tried to dim her light, tried to take a back seat, to be supportive to her husband. Robyn attempted time and time again to relay those messages to Whitney. Time and time again, Whitney had a point to prove. Time and time again, Robyn had utlimately been proven right.

Whitney was high in that 2002 interview. Once again, she had a point to prove that she was so over Robyn Crawford. She was soooooooo over Robyn Crawford that she appeared for all the world to see a horrid, emaciated mess in 2001 a year after Robyn left her employ. If Dianne Sawyer had had the guts, she would have confronted Whitney on her bogus, blase attitude about Robyn's departure. She would have asked Whitney about the stark contrast of her life before her marriage with Robyn and after her marriage with Bobby. She should have forced Whitney to account for that difference.

Yep, it would have been a hot mess. Yet, either the confrontation of combative questioning would either have sent Whitney into a fit or rage (imagine Dianne Sawyer getting a beat down), a total mental and emotional collaspe, a gift to FINALLY admit what many of us suspected and many denied that she was bi-sexual. Perhaps this could have given her the courage to leave that disaster of a marriage five years ahead of time.

by Anonymousreply 16203/17/2012

or she didn't care about anything at that point

by Anonymousreply 16303/17/2012

I thought that Diane Sawyer interview was very exploitative.

by Anonymousreply 16403/17/2012

[quote]I thought that Diane Sawyer interview was very exploitative.

Please - Whitney was pushing 40 when she did that interview. She was the one who agreed to it. Maybe she shouldn't have gotten fucked up before doing it if she didn't want to look trashy and ridiculous. And I say this as a fan.

by Anonymousreply 16503/17/2012

[quote]If Dianne Sawyer had had the guts, she would have confronted Whitney on her bogus, blase attitude about Robyn's departure.

Unfortunately, that pig Bobby was off to the side of the room watching everything which would have kept her from revealing anything anyway - remember the part where Diane asked her if Bobby was ever jealous of her and Whitney said yes at first, and then Bobby had to jump in to deny it and then Whitney changed her answer? It was obvious that pig had a lot of control over her.

by Anonymousreply 16603/17/2012

Yes but she wasn't really there because she was in an addicted state and probably depressed, too.

by Anonymousreply 16703/17/2012

[quote]I thought that Diane Sawyer interview was very exploitative.

I thought it was a bit of an intervention. She was really pressing Whitney about her drug use and not letting her off the hook. She brought up that horrible photo of Whitney and didn't back down.

Perhaps I would have felt differently if I had seen the interview before Whitney died, but watching it after the fact left me feeling like Diane was trying to help.

by Anonymousreply 16803/17/2012

Ugh! She was not trying to help! She was trying to make more money for herself by having a sensationalist "gotcha" interview. Her whole career has been that way. She is very insincere, puts on a fake voice to trap unsuspecting people. She's cruel.

by Anonymousreply 16903/17/2012

R150, R155, she had medium short, braided hair under her wigs. I saw a picture of her without a wig in the early 90s, but I can't remember where at the moment. She was pretty, but looked quite different to what she looked like in public.

by Anonymousreply 17003/17/2012

Whitney's real hair:

by Anonymousreply 17103/17/2012

R149, I just googled the woman, and she looks perfectly fine for someone who's probably pushing 50 or there already. Anyway, it's not all about looks. Whitney's life was a mess, and it's plausible Robyn started a relationship with someone else, someone more normal. Not saying here Robyn was a victim of Whitney's mess, sounds like she was kind of a mess herself, and it's quite possible her relationship with Whitney was fucked up in some way).

by Anonymousreply 17203/17/2012

R172 And not only that, but why should Robyn have to spend her life hiding in the background just because Whitney was too worried about what everyone else thought of her? I'm sure it was a relief to finally find someone who wasn't in denial even if they weren't as attractive. Looks aren't everything.

by Anonymousreply 17303/17/2012

R174 Well, she definitely had some length. With some softness and waviness it appears.

Isn't her father mixed? At least, he looks like it to me.

by Anonymousreply 17603/17/2012

Yeah, R176, it's longer than I remembered. I saw the picture a while ago, soon after her death.

by Anonymousreply 17703/17/2012

Had anyone ever asked or confronted Whitney about her 360 degree turn from diva to disater? She hollered from the roof tops that she was straight. Yet, the evidence said otherwise. "Okay, Ms. Houston are you saying that your unhealthy appearance in 2001 didn't have anything to do with the departure of Robyn Crawford from your employ in 2000? Why is there such a contrasting difference between your career with Robyn Crawford and the decline of your career with your husband, Bobby Brown? Well, Ms. Houston, you must understand that many of your fans believe there is still something deep and abiding between you and Robyn Crawford. Could you explain to us why you were the consumate professional, in exquisite voice, one class act only to later cancel concerts, appear erratic, stoned, and in poor voice? Ms. Houston, again were and are you still in love with Robyn Crawford? Have you ever struggled with your sexuity? Could Robyn Crawford be considered the love of you life?

by Anonymousreply 17803/17/2012

But, R178, we don't know what the cause and what the effect was here. It's quite possible Whitney's self-destruction had nothing to do with Robyn, and Robyn left because of that self-destruction.

by Anonymousreply 17903/17/2012

Robyn's present self reminds me of Meshell Ndegeocello. No clue why. The shaved head might play a part.

by Anonymousreply 18003/17/2012

This story sort of reminds me of Boy George who was so in love during the height of Culture Club fame with his closeted drummer,Jon Moss,only to lose interest in the group after they broke up.

by Anonymousreply 18103/17/2012

To R176: John Houston's mom was Swedish.

by Anonymousreply 18203/17/2012

From what I understand [R179] it was the on going decline in Whitney that became the final straw for Robyn. I'm under no illusions that life between Robyn and Whitney was moonlight and roses. Robyn was probably tough. She. Was protective and perhaps over protective. She reufused to take any BS off of Whitney. She handled Whitney when that "Ms. Houston, Diva Personae" reared her stunning beautiful head. Whitney believed that all would be well without Robyn. Well, we have a photo of a gorgeous woman reduced to a bag of bones that states otherwise.

Whitney's sister-in-law, Patricia Houston stated that Whitney spent the last part of her life chasing a dream. I disagree, Whitney spent the remainder of her life spent in vain trying to recapture the love she had and willing, foolishly lost when she decided to be straight when she knew deep within her heart that though she was attracted to men, a woman was the true love of her life.

by Anonymousreply 18303/17/2012

R20 I didn't really get that from Whitney. Maybe tomboyish, yes. Her mentality didn't come off as being like that of a butch's. I'm not even sure if I would coin Robyn as a butch.

by Anonymousreply 18403/17/2012

I don't know, R183. I'm sure losing Robyn hurt either way, but I think it's quite likely their romantic/sexual relationship was over (long?) before Robyn left. I'm not sure that Whitney's self-destruction was over Robyn, or even over her sexuality. I mean, I'm sure it didn't help, but I'm not sure that was the main reason for it.

by Anonymousreply 18503/17/2012

[quote]Whitney's sister-in-law, Patricia Houston stated that Whitney spent the last part of her life chasing a dream.

I would take anything Pat says with a grain of salt. There's something very fishy about her that I can't put my finger on. She just seems very phoney and it was bizarre how she kept trying to act like everything was just hunky dory.

by Anonymousreply 18603/17/2012

R184, Robyn was definitely butch. What seems not butch about her?

by Anonymousreply 18703/17/2012

Maybe "chasing a dream" could have been a code phrase. You know alluding to something without actually stating it. Idk Just throwing ideas out there.

by Anonymousreply 18803/17/2012

oops, that should've said "is butch"

by Anonymousreply 18903/17/2012

R187 I guess because I've seen stronger female personalities so-to-speak. I might need to see more footage of her to really judge.

by Anonymousreply 19003/17/2012

I think people are over-analyzing it, R188. IMO, Pat just wanted to say something deep on TV.

by Anonymousreply 19103/17/2012

I'm not sure what you mean by "stronger personality", R190. You don't have to be butch to have a strong personality.

But, anyway, as to Robyn... she's a pantsuit-and-hushpuppies wearing, basketball-playing dyke with a shaved head. I don't see how she can be labeled anything but butch. I mean, if we're labeling.

by Anonymousreply 19203/17/2012

R186 It seems like whenever someone has dived into deep issues, drugs, and turmoil, people affiliate with that individual always make hackneyed replies like "She was in search of herself" or "He was a restless spirit." Blah blah blah. Simply vague, overused statements that don't fully address the issue. A simple "I don't know why he/she fell to such a demise" would suffice instead of putting on the pretense of having the 411. I think Pat caught a case of that.

by Anonymousreply 19303/17/2012

Meant affiliated

by Anonymousreply 19403/17/2012

R181 Speaking of George, here's an interview with the both of them from the early 90's:

by Anonymousreply 19503/17/2012

R192 Nah. Labeling's not really my thing, which is more-than-likely why I'm having a hard time choosing the proper definition. To be perfectly honest, stronger personality wasn't even the description I was looking for.

by Anonymousreply 19603/17/2012

I love r183 's post, but I agree with r193.

I'm sure Robyn was deeply connected to W 'till the day she died, however, the relationsip was long over and I'm sure there were illusions on either side.

by Anonymousreply 19703/17/2012

Yes R197, it was long over between Robyn and Whitney on the conscience, day to day level. However, you are so very right that they remained deeply connected until the day Whitney died.

Perhaps this sounds crazy, but I believe that Whitney is finally coming out at last. It may be from the realm of eternity, but coming out non the less. Perhaps she saying if only someone had held her feet to the fire and refused to relent until she had no other choice but to be honest with herself.

I believe that had she come out during her lifetime, she still would have left us devastated by her loss at 48. Yet, perhaps she would have been far more content and comfortable in her own skin. Perhaps in terms of love, she would have been able to finally settle down to a man or woman, independently wealthy, and most importantly, healthy and secure in themselves to enjoy the love of her maturity.

by Anonymousreply 19803/17/2012

Whitney wove a web she could never get free of -- career, personally, drugs -- everything. No one could save her and Robyn could only stand there helplessly and watch.

by Anonymousreply 19903/17/2012

Until her death I never thought of Whitney as a deeply unhappy person. Reading all of this makes me think she was pretty miserable.

by Anonymousreply 20003/17/2012

r200, were you not aware of her horrendous drug problem? Anyone with a drug problem as bad as hers has to be tremendously miserable. That is why I can't imagine she was truly happy with Bobby Brown even if she wanted him to be the love of her life. I know about addiction as I have a brother who is an addict. Happy people don't become addicts. Some people can experiment with drugs when they are young but they don't turn into addicts. It does sound like Whitney had a history of addiction in her family but so do other people who don't turn into addicts themselves.

I know that I drank too much (mostly on weekends) in my 20s and I was not a happy person yet, I never became an addict and just grew out of it and now I rarely drink. I was never into drugs but had friends who were and some had a drug problem but they eventually grew out of that phase and many of them are very well adjusted people now. I think the ones who go off the deep end are emotionally damaged somehow. That is why I wonder and I am completely speculating if Whitney's drug use before Bobby Brown could have been a habit that she might have outgrown. Unfortunately, she hooked up with another druggie and then drifted away from Robyn (who may have been controlling but was probably a stable influence) and just went off the deep end. I think who a person hooks up with can sometimes make a difference. Look at Julia Roberts. She was getting fucked up on heroine when she was with Kieffer Sutherland yet luckily she got away from him in time and is now a seemingly healthy well adjusted person whereas Sutherland is still a mess. Getting away from him was the best thing for her. Too bad Whitney didn't get away from Bobby Brown in time. I still fully believe that without BB in her life she might not have become a drug addict.

I don't care one the straight trolls say, Whitney's life noticeably spiraled out of control once Robyn left the scene. She chose BB and her life became much much worse for it.

by Anonymousreply 20103/17/2012

I agree, R201.

by Anonymousreply 20203/17/2012

"she's a pantsuit-and-hushpuppies wearing, basketball-playing dyke with a shaved head. I don't see how she can be labeled anything but butch"

by Anonymousreply 20303/17/2012

Yes, 201, are you spot on. What I can't understand about the ones who refuse to see what is before them if she said it, then it must be so. For me the evidence, "that smoking gun" is that Michael Jackson performance with an unhealthy, alarmingly underweight and malnourished Whitney Houston who troubled us with her emaciated appearance. She looked like death and she sounded even worse. Robyn finally left Whitney in 2000. That horror of an appearance and performance took place in 2001. So, your girl was so happy. She was so in her element. She's so happily married. She's so comfortable with her sexuality. Robyn was just a distant memory. Then if everything was right, tight, and out of sight why did she look so bad, so unhealthy, malnourished, so untogether, so troubling, so unprofessional? Why wasn't she the vocal sensation we know her to be? Why can't you either see or at the very least acknowledge that OBVIOUS and striking difference between the together Whitney with Robyn and the "hot mess" Whitney with Bobby Brown?

by Anonymousreply 20403/17/2012

R201, Whitney was also getting high with her 'big sister' chaka khan and other showbiz friends, not just bobby brown.

by Anonymousreply 20603/17/2012

Apparently with Robyn too, way before that, R206 (Robyn practically admits to it in her Esquire piece, btw). Whitney was on drugs her entire adult life. Don't know when Robyn stopped using, but maybe that was the beginning of the end?

by Anonymousreply 20703/17/2012

I blame the parents!

by Anonymousreply 20803/17/2012

R205 I can confirm that you're disgusting.

by Anonymousreply 20903/17/2012

R209 Cosign. Anything anal pretty much grosses me out.

by Anonymousreply 21003/17/2012

Good points 201 and 204. R206 That is true and known, but I think what was trying to be said is that Whitney's drug splurges with Chaka Khan and other celeb friends was exacerbated and possibly influenced by Whitney's unhappiness with her marriage. But, at the end of the day, Whitney was into drugs before Bobby. So the finger can't be easily pointed at one person or circumstance. R208 Speaking of her parents, I heard that Whitney's upbringing was somewhat chaotic. Is that true?

by Anonymousreply 21103/18/2012

Chaka khan flying high! Etta also had major drug issues as well.

by Anonymousreply 21203/18/2012

Oh yes. I remember that video. Chaka definitely had her own bouts with drugs. If I'm not mistaken, it wasn't until about three years ago, that she finally became sober.

by Anonymousreply 21303/18/2012

Was Whitney really close with her gospel friends like CeCe Winans and Kim Burrell?

by Anonymousreply 21403/18/2012

R214, I really don't know that much about Kim Burrell, except that they were friend, but lots of people doubted Kim's motives. As for CeCe, Whitney was very close with the Winans family (including the sisters with that homophobic song, can't remember their names), but especially CeCe (she's BK's godmother). IIRC, they drifted apart in the last decade or so, but I could be wrong.

by Anonymousreply 21503/18/2012

What were Kim Burrell's motives?

by Anonymousreply 21603/18/2012

Kim Burrell and CeCe Winans were bridemaids in Whitney Houston's wedding to Bobby Brown.

I'd say they she must have been close to Whitney certainly during the 90's when she dated and married Brown since they were in her wedding.

There's a photo online showing the bridal party. music artist Pebbles was also a bridesmaid. I forget where I saw the picture.

by Anonymousreply 21703/18/2012

Grammar correction:

Kim Burrell and CeCe Winans were bridemaids in Whitney Houston's wedding to Bobby Brown.

I'd say they must have been close to Whitney certainly during the 90's when she dated and married Brown since they were both in her wedding.

There are photos online showing the bridal party. Singer Pebbles was also a bridesmaid. I forget where I saw the picture.

by Anonymousreply 21803/18/2012

Because of her insulated star life, Whitney was probably in arrested development . I'm sure that contributed greatly to her unhappiness. Her lack of education, the feeling of being trapped...the only way out was to go inward.

by Anonymousreply 22003/18/2012

Sorry, I hit save post too soon. Whitney probably had NO friends except those that wanted to get wasted with her. It becomes you're life -- you're not interested in much else.

by Anonymousreply 22103/18/2012

Chaka has been clean since 2005.

Before that, she had about four years of sobriety before her brief relapse.

This time hopefully has done the trick. She has lost weight, and looks the best I've seen her look in a long time.

by Anonymousreply 22203/18/2012

Well, the usual, R217. Attention, money, etc. She talked to the press about stuff like how hysterical BK was after Whitney's death, so that didn't sit well with a lot of people.

The wedding photos:

by Anonymousreply 22303/18/2012

So when Whitney was telling oprah about sprinkling coke on weed, does that only work with crack? Or can you do that with regular cocaine too?

by Anonymousreply 22403/18/2012

Oops, posted the link in the wrong place.

by Anonymousreply 22503/18/2012

Thank you for pointing that out, R219. I went back and watched the video again. Oh, lord.

by Anonymousreply 22603/18/2012

Is that Robyn - one of the bridesmaids?

by Anonymousreply 22703/18/2012

Robyn is the maid of honor, R227. And, no, she's not that tall, she and the best man are standing on an apple box.

by Anonymousreply 22803/18/2012

This is an impromptu prayer on TBN that Cece Winans and Pebbles (who is now going by her real name Perri Reid) did for Whitney. I believe this was from around 2005 judging from the audience's reaction, Whitney must have been in the headlines for something. From 2006-2008 she kind of fell off the face of the earth, kind of like Michael Jackson.

I after watching this a couple of years ago, I thought Whitney was really beyond the point of no return, if Cece felt the need to pray for her on national TV. But she did have another comeback.

Wasnt Pebbles a crook? I heard she took a lot of money from Laface artists.

by Anonymousreply 22903/18/2012

Whitney sounds surprisingly good here (from 2009).

by Anonymousreply 23003/18/2012

I recall him calling her Nippy on the reality show. He was screaming at her. She was at a bar with Cherrelle.

by Anonymousreply 23203/18/2012

Chaka Khan looks cute and adorable.

by Anonymousreply 23303/18/2012

Thanks, R232. Just trying to gauge how close they were.

by Anonymousreply 23403/18/2012

I wonder how Whitney felt about CeCe and Pebbles praying for her on tv.

by Anonymousreply 23503/18/2012

[quote]Whitney probably had NO friends except those that wanted to get wasted with her.

I remember Whitney saying in an interview in the late 90's that she said she knew she didn't have any friends and she said it very matter-of-factly.

by Anonymousreply 23603/18/2012

Robyn was the only one, the only true friend.

by Anonymousreply 23703/18/2012

Hmmm, isn't it weird then that she said she had no friends at all, R237?

by Anonymousreply 23803/18/2012

Actually, it's very common in show biz, Whitney was at least aware of it. Celebs don't hang out; the're lives are so different from regular people.

There was a recent thread about Liza Minnelli and her hopeless life. She has no or few friends, although she may not know it. All her 'friends' are the celebrities she name-drops. Her best friend us a bottle.

by Anonymousreply 23903/18/2012

No, I mean, what about Robyn? Did she just forget about her, or?

by Anonymousreply 24003/18/2012

[quote]RIP in Whitney, you are a legend

Unfortunately I am dead, and so will never read nor respond to your comment.

by Anonymousreply 24103/18/2012

Whitney was a liar, R236. What happened between Chaka and Etta at the 3:00 mark in that video that I posted?

by Anonymousreply 24203/18/2012

R220 That's another perspective. I can see that being a possibility.

by Anonymousreply 24303/18/2012

I don't think Michael Jackson had any friends, either.

by Anonymousreply 24403/18/2012

Pat Houston didn't seem to think Whitney was lonely.

by Anonymousreply 24503/18/2012

These other singers were not friends, r242.

by Anonymousreply 24603/18/2012

I'd be very surprised if he did, R244.

I remember an interview of Whitney's in the Bodyguard era, where she said that she wasn't planning on befriending anyone else since she couldn't know what people's intentions were, but that she was content with the friends she had.

Obviously something changed in those few years. Or she just liked to talk a lot of crap.

by Anonymousreply 24703/18/2012

Well, I don't think anyone is going to say in an interview "I don't have any friends."

by Anonymousreply 24803/18/2012

R245, Pat Houston did not say that Whitney was 'not lonely'.

Instead, Pat Houston said that Whitney was always a loner.

That was Pat's way of sidestepping the lonely question.

by Anonymousreply 24903/18/2012

Well, R248, Whitney obviously did say it in the late 90s, according to R236.

And, again, how come she would say something like that before Robyn left? Were things bad between them in the late 90s already, or was she just high or something?

by Anonymousreply 25003/18/2012

A person can be a loner without being lonely. I don't know why Pat just didn't answer the question. I think Whitney was lonely and isolated.

by Anonymousreply 25103/18/2012

It's because being lonely has a stigma., R251.

by Anonymousreply 25203/18/2012

Whitney was not lonely, a loner yes.

by Anonymousreply 25303/18/2012

Hell, I'm a loner. Sometimes, people can be a drain and fickle.

by Anonymousreply 25403/18/2012

I have a inside source, and I'm very saddened to report that Robyn and Whitney were indeed very much in love...and yes,the loss of Robyn is what led to the downward spiral. Robyn will never tell their story because she truly loved Whitney and isn't a money-grubbing, self-seeking woman. She said enough in Esquire. Loving. Respectful. Loyal. Just try to remember Whitney when she was at the top of her game and be happy for her that she was loved and felt loved at that time. Remember the hoop/cross earring Whitney always wore pre-BB? Guess who wore the same one? Did you ever notice in the I'm Your Baby Tonight video- you can see Robyn (but not her face) put her gloved hand on Whitney's hand. It was real, it is true my friends. Whitney was in love with Robyn. You fall in love with the PERSON.

by Anonymousreply 25503/18/2012

R255 Can you confirm whether or not, Whitney and Bobby's relationship was just as real?

by Anonymousreply 25603/18/2012

[quote]the hoop/cross earring

The hoop/cross is a very well known symbol for lesbianism.

by Anonymousreply 25803/19/2012

Robyn with the earring at 3:37.

She wore hers in clips from 1995 too, but I don't think Whitney ever appeared with hers again after the wedding.

by Anonymousreply 25903/19/2012

Hoop-cross...are the hoop and cross one earring or do you mean wearing a cross earring in one ear and a hoop in the other?

by Anonymousreply 26003/19/2012

Whitney either couldn't or wouldn't listen to reason from the ones who genuinely cared about her and in particular, Robyn.

Usually, celebrities just like politicians or anyone else don't want to be told the truth. They don't want to face the reality that their lives are grand messes. Elvis Presley was the same way.

Those who genuine loved Whitney (outside of her family) simply refused to remain and witness their beloved and loved friend continue to ruin her life. The ones who refused to give in to her and assist her in her downward spiral left. Those who hung around Whitney after every last drop of stability was drained from those who truly cared, catered to Ms. Houston's every whim.

Of course, Whitney rewarded those who truly didn't give one damn about her. She also pushed those aside who tried again and again to reach her, to plead with her to leave her marriage and to become clean and sober before it was too late.

by Anonymousreply 26103/19/2012

3:44-3:46 That was a cute moment.

by Anonymousreply 26203/19/2012

Watch that bit of the video I posted, R260. Or Whitney's "I'm Your Baby Tonight" video. It's a cross hanging from a hoop, it's all one earring, in one ear.

by Anonymousreply 26303/19/2012

R259 That's the Ankh symbol. Interesting. Never knew it was also used to refer to lesbianism.

by Anonymousreply 26403/19/2012

Something I just found while browsing the net:

Bueno_bttm 1 month ago

A friend of mine worked with the caterer for the Houston/Brown nuptials. He said it was well know among the staff and guest that Whitney was gay and the marriage was to "help" her career

by Anonymousreply 26503/19/2012

R264, it's not the Ankh, it's the female symbol:

by Anonymousreply 26603/19/2012

R259 I'm aware of that. But, it's also the shape of the Ankh- the circle and cross combined. That's actually cool that the earring has that dual representation.

by Anonymousreply 26703/19/2012

259, Whitney has the earring on in the video too around the 2:40 mark. I never knew it was a lesbian symbol. I thought Whitney wore a cross earring because of her church upbringing.

by Anonymousreply 26803/19/2012

R268 So that must mean her and Robyn had formed some sort of understanding. That interview is around the beginning of her and Bobby's marriage, and yet she's still wearing the earring.

by Anonymousreply 26903/19/2012

I agree 269. That must be why Robyn still wore the earring. Why would Whitney wear such a known lesbian symbol?

by Anonymousreply 27003/19/2012

Did Whitney Houston wear earrings?

by Anonymousreply 27103/19/2012

Yes, 271. She wears earrings including the earring that matches Robyn's.

by Anonymousreply 27203/19/2012

OMG, I can't believe Whitney would pierce her ears!

by Anonymousreply 27303/19/2012

R273, Are Christians not allowed to do that?

by Anonymousreply 27403/19/2012

Did people pressure Whitney to stop wearing the earring? She must have felt really bold around 1990-1991.

by Anonymousreply 27503/19/2012

R251 and R261 NAILED IT.

It's important to note how young Whitney was when all of this started. 20-something is sooo young. With all of her issues and the personal stuff that had to be put on the back burner during this time, she became more and more isolated. And scared and defensive.

by Anonymousreply 27603/19/2012

It's too bad that Whitney couldn't have just remained kind of coy, the way Queen Latifah has, or even Dolly Parton or Linda Ronstadt. All 3 have been rumored to be gay. I think with Latifah it's an open secret at this point.

Whitney seemed to way overcompensate in a way that seems sad in retrospect. She could have really broken down some walls as a trailblazer if she hadn't retreated so much and ultimately self-destructed.

I'm amazed how butch she seems in the part of the I Will Always Love You video when the key changes (aka The Note): dressed in pants and blazer with legs spread apart.

by Anonymousreply 27703/19/2012

I believe that Whitney's fears of coming out in the 80's and 90's were valid. Ocstrization from the Black Community and particularly, the Black Church would have been devastating to her. Even in terms of coming out in 90's and 2000's, the possible loss of custody of her daughter sent her further into the closet. She probably wondered whether or not she would have been completely accepted by the gay community or would she have been expected to "represent" the gay community. She possibly wondered would she experience racism just as much in the gay community as in the main stream.

Yes, she lied to us and many of us who knew better straight and gay let it pass. She lied to us. Yet, more importantly, she lied to herself. She thought that she could handle the drugs on her own and she failed. She thought that she could handle life without Robyn and she failed. She thought that she could have the samething with BB that she had with Roby, she failed big time on that one. She thought that she could handle, to deny, her attraction to women and she failed.

No matter the ways she would have observed her options, she felt trapped by every last one of them.

by Anonymousreply 27803/19/2012

There still aren't any out black superstars

by Anonymousreply 27903/19/2012

R268 and R269, that part of the video where Whitney is wearing the earring is a clip from an older interview, she wore it (constantly) in the '90-'91 period, and then she just stopped when she got engaged. I suspect it was all a part of the next step in her career - ie. bearding up.

As for whether they had an understanding...well, in all the 92/93 footage and photos she appears in, Robyn doesn't really give the impression of a jilted lover. She's laughing and smiling in all of them and interacting with Whitney easily, wedding pictures included. So, like I already wrote somewhere on the thread, I think either their relationship didn't end with Whitney's marriage, or it ended before her marriage (but not because of any bearding concerns or self-hate reasons) and became a friendship.

by Anonymousreply 28003/19/2012

Sad, but true, R279. Queen Latifah is an interesting case. I'm not sure whether coming out of the closet would hurt her career. I mean, is there anyone in the black community (or otherwise) who doesn't know she's a lesbian? Surely whatever damage that knowledge was going to do to her career has already been done, and she could afford to be open about it now? Or maybe I'm wrong.

by Anonymousreply 28103/19/2012

I am sure the masses still don't know, R281 - and a lot of them go to her corny movies.

Whitney had a different image than Latifah - Queen L is loveable and ordinary, but Whitney was more sexy and a sort of princess - so there'd be more pressure for her not to come out.

by Anonymousreply 28203/19/2012

I definitely agree about Whitney. Her career, music genre, and image definitely didn't allow for her to go the Queen Latifah route as someone suggested she should've. She had to beard up.

But as for Queen Latifah herself, do the masses really not know? Are they really so blind? I was definitely under the impression it was well-known, just sort of a taboo subject.

by Anonymousreply 28303/19/2012

The masses really are blind.

by Anonymousreply 28403/19/2012

Re: Queen Latifah

Joan Rivers doesn't know; last I saw them together, Joan was pushing Dana to find herself a man.

It was only a couple of years ago that some of the boys here thought QL was only a *strong black woman*, "not a dyke." (Love how 'faggots' use the word dyke and don't get banned).

by Anonymousreply 28503/19/2012

"Whitney had a different image than Latifah - Queen L is loveable and ordinary, but Whitney was more sexy and a sort of princess - so there'd be more pressure for her not to come out."

Absolutely! I have said before that I think many people are tolerant of out gay women who are not seen as sex symbols and Whitney was a sex symbol in addition to being a pop star. People still can't seem to wrap their heads around a beautiful/sexy woman possibly being gay. They think she must really prefer a man. I think that is why bi women like Angelina Jolie are seen as no big deal because she has only been seen with men (although I think many full-blown lesbians wouldn't turn down Brad Pitt). I guess Whitney didn't even want to admit to being bisexual.

So many men, black and white, wanted Whitney when she was in her prime. I was traveling through Europe when she first hit it big and I remember meeting an Italian guy who was obsessed with her. I hadn't heard the rumors about her but, I wish I had as I would have loved to have seen his reaction to the object of his obsession possibly being a lesbian.

by Anonymousreply 28603/19/2012

R286, Whitney's heyday was before being bisexual became chic for female stars. It was still a big deal back then. And also, she couldn't come out as a bisexual, because, whatever her sexuality was, she was in a long-term relationship with a woman. As you said, bisexual women are okay as long as they don't actually exhibit any open non-straightness.

So, in Whitney's case, coming out as a bisexual (whether she was or wasn't) would've had the same effect as coming out as a lesbian, due to her relationship status.

by Anonymousreply 28803/19/2012

R277, people always say she looked kinda butch in the "I Will Always Love You" video, but I never got that impression. Would you say the way she was sitting in this interview was butch? (fast forward to about 0:50, or to 4:15)

by Anonymousreply 28903/19/2012

I watched it. Hmmmm....

Funny how Whitney talks about her husband over and over like she's trying to convince herself.

Also funny, it appears that Whitney never taught Bobby what women want in bed -- he thinks (according to a recent quote) he's good because he's well endowed.

by Anonymousreply 29003/19/2012

lol, on the subject of Bobby...

Bobby Brown and His Gay Outrage:

by Anonymousreply 29103/19/2012

I don't know how Whitney could've stayed closeted but marrying Bobby wasn't the answer.

by Anonymousreply 29203/20/2012

I had a conversation with a friend of mine about Whitney. She confirmed through a close friend of hers, Whitney's sexuality. Now of of course she wanted to swim in denial. I wouldn't let her.

She paid a heavy and detrimental price for refusing to be honest with herself. She knew her career would have nose dived in the 80's and 90's. She wasn't particularly ready to become a traiblazer. She figured that in the closet, she's trapped. Outside of the closet, she's trapped.

We place far too many expectations on yes, phenominally talented, but flawed people. We place our hopes and dreams upon people who can barely handle the issues of their own day to day lives.

Perhaps there were times when she had those "if only moments". Perhaps there were times when she could have imagined herself out, content, and free, comfortable in her own skin. Then she would imagine her life without her daughter, Bobbi Kristina and she knew she could never come out of the closet.

Whitney was a force of nature. Yet, she was fragile, exquisite vase that shattered into a million pieces. Ultimately, there was a time when she tasted love, and she tasted it well.

RIP Whitney

by Anonymousreply 29303/20/2012

R293, about her being a trailblazer... There was someone on one of the sites where this was discussed, who claimed that in about 1990, Whitney was getting bolder, and pushing to come out, or at least live in a glass closet and not deny anything. But in the end the label won out, and the whole Bobby thing was set up.

I'm not sure whether I believe that, because that would've been kind of a crazy move for a celebrity with her kind of image in the early 90s, but it's an interesting theory.

by Anonymousreply 29403/20/2012

[quote]Robert DeNiro was writing her Whitney love notes too.

Why is Robert so obsessed with black women?

by Anonymousreply 29503/20/2012

R289 Her mode of dress is rather soft butch, but the manner in which she is sitting is full on butch, and Whitney Houston is just naturally being that way.

by Anonymousreply 29603/20/2012

R296, someone at Lipstick Alley said that in the early 80s Whitney and Robyn shopped together at men's clothing stores, and Whitney most often wore men's clothing outside of singing performances. Supposedly that only stopped when Clive started preparing her for her big break. The photos I've seen of her from that period seem to confirm that.

by Anonymousreply 29703/20/2012

I like how Whitney looks here - she is in a jacket (and tie!), and looks attractive and relaxed.

by Anonymousreply 29803/20/2012

r293, how does your friend's close friend know Whitney?

by Anonymousreply 29903/20/2012

[quote]who claimed that in about 1990, Whitney was getting bolder

I'd say the video for I'm Your Baby Tonight confirms that.

by Anonymousreply 30003/20/2012

I agree, R300. That is what I thought of when I read that post.

by Anonymousreply 30103/20/2012

I also thought of the I'm Your Baby Tonight video. Poor Whitney.

by Anonymousreply 30203/21/2012

R279 Sucks doesn't it? There's plenty that are suspect & it's rather obvious, but they don't speak up.

And anyone that can't tell that Latifah's gay is in denial. I think she's a pretty woman btw.

by Anonymousreply 30303/21/2012

Seems like East Orange, NJ is a breeding ground for famous lesbians.

by Anonymousreply 30403/21/2012

Bobby Brown is a miserable loser. I don't know why Whitney thought he would make a good husband.

by Anonymousreply 30503/21/2012

I think Whitney (and/or Clive) thought he would make a good prop to dispel the gay rumors. I also believe, sadly, that she liked the idea of being with her drug buddy. I've known toxic couples like that, where the only person who 'really understands' is a fellow addict, so they hold hands in the downward spiral.

I'm actually surprised they didn't find some unknown guy who could stay out of the spotlight. Like Dolly's husband, whom nobody has ever seen.

by Anonymousreply 30603/21/2012

I guess Whitney needed a more prominent husband like Bobby to give the semblance of an actual relationship. More exposure together = more credibility.

by Anonymousreply 30703/21/2012

Yes, r307, that's the obvious reason. Plus people could say why would she marry a pig like that if it WASN'T real?

by Anonymousreply 30803/21/2012

Wow, I would have thought this thread would have doubled in posts since the toxicology results were reported yesterday evening.

Where is everybody?

I wonder if Whitney was using crack while Robyn was still on her team?

by Anonymousreply 30903/23/2012

Also, one of Bobby Brown's sisters was on Dr. Drew's show last night and she stated that she asked Whitney about Ray J. Brown stated that Whitney laughed and laughed and said to her that Ray J means nothing to her and that he was her "runner boy".

"Runner boy" is a person that secures drugs for a user.

Ray J can be taken off the list of Whitney's so-called "men". The straight fan gurls will obviously now insists that Leolah Brown just lying and made it all up.

I felt that Whitney was not romantically involved with Ray J and that he was one of her drug dealers, along with this Raffles van Excel person.

Leolah Brown is NOT Bobby Brown's sister that sold the pictures of Whitney and Bobby's drug infested bathroom to the tabloids.

by Anonymousreply 31003/23/2012

Strange, I was about to sign off from DataLounge because I didn't have anymore to say. I don't think Whitney was doing the crack thing until she married. It's common knowledge that she either had or was developing a problem with the powder stuff. Robyn probably grew up and realized that hard core partying along with the drug use had finally come to an end. I guess that she tried to get Whitney to realize that she didn't need the "stuff" to make it. Whitney had to fly (figuritively and literally). She had to keep it going or she'd crash. Then, though it ultimately devastated Whitney, Robyn had the good sense of self preservation. She got out before she became sucked into the vortex of possible drug addiction. A 48 year old woman probably had the heart of a 60 or 70 year old. She knew her odds of living (regardless of how much she knew shd to live for) to see her 50th decade were slim to none. I wonder if her family knew how advanced and extensive was her heart disease?

by Anonymousreply 31103/23/2012

[quote]She knew her odds of living (regardless of how much she knew shd to live for) to see her 50th decade were slim to none.

Wow, 50 decades?

by Anonymousreply 31203/23/2012

R312, I meant 5th decade.

by Anonymousreply 31303/24/2012

Whitney's family seemed to be in total denial.

by Anonymousreply 31403/24/2012

Her family was in denial, the church is in denial, the music industry is in denial, and the fans are in denial.

by Anonymousreply 31503/24/2012

I don't know how her family could've been around her so much and think she was clean. Maybe she was clean while filming Sparkle and fell off the wagon again.

by Anonymousreply 31603/24/2012

R309, Whitney's straight fans are not buying Leolah's version. The reason? Well, she couldn't have been spending so much time with him and not been sleeping with him. Hmmm. Funny how it doesn't work that way at all when they're talking about Robyn.

Anway, yeah, Leolah was pretty forceful on the matter of Whitney and Ray J not being a couple. I'm not sure whether Whitney actually told her that (as she said), or Leolah just knows about Whitney's sexuality and is putting two and two together.

And, as for the history of Whitney's drug use, I agree with R311.

by Anonymousreply 31703/24/2012

R316, I think they're just lying. She might've been clean while she was cleaning Sparkle, but they were with her every step of the way, they had to know she fell off the wagon.

by Anonymousreply 31803/24/2012

R317, that's so true!

The straight fans are so willing to believe because Ray J is a male, they must have been sleeping together, eventhough Whitney became a family friend to the Norwoods (Ray J's and Brandy's family name) when Ray J and Brandy were like 14/15 years old while Whitney was like in her 30's.

by Anonymousreply 31903/24/2012

And apparently not just the straight ones, R319. Check out the last few posts on the "Whitney dies of accidental drowning..." thread right here on DL, lol.

by Anonymousreply 32003/24/2012

R320, I've noticed that too.

by Anonymousreply 32103/24/2012

I still don't understand how anyone of a certain age could actually deny that there was something more than friendship going on betwee Whitney and Robyn. How much more evidence does anyone need to realize that Robyn Crawford meant the world to Whitney? No one from the Houston side wants to give Robyn any credit in succeeding in the monumental task of loving someone supremely talented, with whom she proudly and gladly shared with the world. No one from the Houston wants to give Robyn Crawford any appreciation in being the force that kept Whitney stable, grounded, protected, appreciated, comfortable in her own skin, and most importantly, LOVED!!!! No one denies that Robyn may haved had her issues, YYet, the consensus on this site is that with Robyn, Whitney soared because she was completely. The evidence that shows that in 2001, she was neither happy or even sober is that horrific picture of her a grand skeletal mess AFTER Robyn left Whitney in 2000. First true love never dies even after lovers have done their separate ways. Whitney tried so hard to recreate what she had with Robyn. But to even attempt such a feat, she had to give up that love. She then had to lie to us and then to herself. Sadly, for many reasons, she could never find the courage to stop living the lie.

by Anonymousreply 32203/24/2012

I think you're romanticizing the situation a bit, R322. You seem to jump to a lot of conclusions about the quality of Whitney's relationship with Robyn on the basis of the very little information that we have. IMO, we know far too little about their relationship to make any conclusions regarding how happy or unhappy Whitney really was before Robyn left.

Anyway, someone on another site posted this short clip (Whitney Houston re. Qualities in a Man). Is it just me or does her expression look kind of pained when she realizes it's a relationship status question. And she looks really uncomfortable and hesitant during the whole clip, fake laughter/smile and everything.

by Anonymousreply 32303/24/2012

Maybe she was with Robyn during the video 323.

by Anonymousreply 32403/24/2012

Somebody could post a vid here of Nippy eating Robyn's pussy and the het trolls would still be in denial.

by Anonymousreply 32503/24/2012

Is there a reason why Bobby Brown can't get himself together?

by Anonymousreply 32603/27/2012

by Anonymousreply 32703/28/2012

Interesting interview with Pastor Shirley Caesar, who was close with Whitney and Cissy.

She said Whitney shouted in Kim Burrell's church in Texas and laid on the floor for thirty minutes speaking in tongues.

by Anonymousreply 32803/28/2012

(328) Watched this, and all I can say is that Whitney's passing is an enormous tragedy on so many levels. This is the worst, while I do not question Ms Caesar's love for Whitney I am truly nauseous that so many folks around her pedaled the ignorance of "prayin away the cocaine." Seems to be something perverse, the opportunity to relapse and get all tight with the Lord again.

I have known straight women in my life that have carted bibles much as Whitney did, praying away the gay and all else.

I PRAY that I wish she had whatever real interventions it would have required, elimination of triggers and enablers.

What is clear is that she knew the true cost of her vice, how she destroyed herself and the gift. Every day she suffered and that must have been devastating to her above all else. I think that is why she was approaching young female singers, to find grace in mentoring them.

Whitney, you were the best of all, forever and ever.

Did anyone go to Chelsea Cinemas tonight??

by Anonymousreply 32903/28/2012

For those who asked whether Robyn was at the funeral, apparently she was, here's a photo. You can zoom in, it's definitely her.

by Anonymousreply 33003/28/2012

It's sad that Whitney couldn't rid herself of the enablers.

by Anonymousreply 33103/29/2012

Thanks 330, you are correct that certainly does look like Robyn. I am glad she was there. I believe 5th row back family side as previously stated. She will never kiss and tell. Never. The only one with integrity in Whit's world.anonymous

by Anonymousreply 33203/29/2012

[quote]laid on the floor for thirty minutes speaking in tongues.

Definitely code for sapphic love-making

by Anonymousreply 33403/29/2012

Ebony Magazine did a tribute issue to Whitney. Cherrelle is in there quite a few times. She spoke highly of Bobby. I guess that means she and Whitney were just friends.

by Anonymousreply 33503/30/2012

by Anonymousreply 33603/30/2012

How many times did Whitney go to rehab? Was she high during the Oprah interview?

by Anonymousreply 33703/30/2012

R337, I believe Whitney was a sober as she could possibly be for the Oprah interview. At least she was FAR more sober than the disasterous interview with Diane Sawyer. I don't think we'll ever how many times Whitney entered rehab. I don't think we'll ever know how many times Whitney needed drug interventions.

If it is true that Robyn attended Whitney's funeral, then I am glad. Fifth row from the front pew isn't too bad. Maybe just maybe if folk hadn't been so eager to dip. Maybe just maybe, some family members and fans are taking a second look at what Whitney had and now regret their part in "the think about your career scenario". Still nearly twenty years later, Robyn continues to come out on top while Robert Baresford Brown continues to makes a mess.

I just wish that Whitney would have placed chains of love within her will. Required that Bobbi Kristina graduate from an accredited two or four year collge at 24 or 25 to receive the first installment of her inheritance. Bobbi Kristina would be older with something she earned on her own under her belt other than her she's the daughter of Whitney Houston and Bobby Brown.

Well, until something else happens, chow.

by Anonymousreply 33803/30/2012

R329, these are not educated people. Prayin away the cocaine or prayin away whatever, is how they really think. It's not necessarily a conspiracy.

by Anonymousreply 33903/30/2012

Whitney told Oprah she prayed away the desire for drugs.

by Anonymousreply 34003/30/2012

As a Christian, I take issue with some of the comments about "uneducated people". My point is that God may very not take the gay away or the desire for drugs, or sex, or anything else that one would consider a vice or sinful. As a black woman, the Black Church has far more pressiong problems to deal with like a 72% illegitimacy rate rather than an internal struggle one woman wrestled with all of her adult life. God has always said that for those who have prayed for whatever problem to be taken away that, "My grace is sufficient." No one from the church or anywhere else for all I can see encouraged her to, "I pray for the strength and courage to be honest with MYSELF about my homosexual desire as well as my desire for drugs."

I had figured out years ago that the rumors about Whitney and Robyn were probably true. I was just as concerned and puzzled about her decision to marry Bobby Brown. I have as of yet keeled over from the realization the greatest star of my generation greatest may have been a woman. As someone on this site mentioned that there are waaaaaay too many either sightings or experiences for ALL of them to be bogus.

I know what the Bible says on many subjects. The Black Church needs to return to the business of stablizing the Black Family and the Black Community and not worry so much about gay this, that, and the other.

by Anonymousreply 34103/30/2012

I wonder if Robyn still knew Whitney abused drugs.

by Anonymousreply 34204/06/2012

Sure R342, Whitney did drugs during the entire time she was with Robyn. By some accounts Robyn used with her.

by Anonymousreply 34304/06/2012

R343, Whitney was 16 when she met Robyn. I highly doubt she was using drugs that far back.

Anyway, here's a repost of Whitney talking about how she 'likes honesty and truthfulness' and how important it is to 'be true to yourself' and 'you can fool people, but you can't fool yourself, so you've got to be straight up with you'. Clearly, she never was.

by Anonymousreply 34404/07/2012

R344, everyone from Newark/E.Orange who I've seen commenting online on Whitney's death has been pretty adamant about 2 things. 1. Whitney was a lesbian. 2. Whitney and Robyn were both using very early on.

Besides, Whitney's brothers were addicts when they were teenagers, so she was around drugs and possibly using, even before Robyn.

by Anonymousreply 34504/07/2012

And, yeah, that video is pretty funny with Robyn right there behind her. Makes you wonder if they edited it that way on purpose.

by Anonymousreply 34604/07/2012

r341, English is not your native language, is it.

by Anonymousreply 34704/07/2012

Which video r346?

by Anonymousreply 34804/07/2012

The video R344 posted, R348.

by Anonymousreply 34904/07/2012

R345, the reason I don't think she was using hardcore drugs when she was 16 is that her mom had her on a pretty tight leash back then. Could her brothers have introduced her to pot in the late 70's? Perhaps, but I doubt she had been introduced to heavier addictive drugs like coke at age 16 especially given the fact that she had not started making her big $ yet. I'm guessing she probably got into coke in the mid-80's when she was financially independent and was able to treat herself and Robyn to a much nicer lifestyle. When she got her own place with Robyn, Cissy had less control and that's probably when the serious partying started with coke.

by Anonymousreply 35004/07/2012

Also, anyone who still blames Bobby for her addictions should consider the fact that Whitney was a grown woman of considerable means when they met. He was barely 19 and she was in her mid-twenties and far worldlier that he. I'd guess that she was as much of a bad influence on him as he was on her. If you doubt she was using coke before Bobby, just watch the last video of her tour documentary when she was still with Robyn. Very obviously coked up.

by Anonymousreply 35104/07/2012

R346, Robyn looks totally gorgeous there but I'm a bit disconcerted about the way they're both licking their lips.

by Anonymousreply 35204/07/2012

She and Robyn moved in together as soon as Whitney was done with high school, R350. And there are just too many stories out of Newark of the two of them using (hard drugs, not pot) even back then for me personally to discount.

Her brothers were definitely not just into pot either, they were addicts (or at least Gary was, not 100% sure of the extent of Michael's drug problem at the time). But can't remember anymore what type of drugs exactly.

by Anonymousreply 35304/07/2012

R347, this is R341, yes, English is my native language. And yes, I've stated that I am a Christian. Yes, I've stated that I realized that the biggest star of my generation and within Black America loved a woman. Yes, I've also stated in previous posts that Black America of the 80's, 90's, and today wouldn't accept a openly gay superstar of Whitney Houston's caliber as an out of the closet lesbian. The Black Church wouldn't have accepted such an admission twenty-five years ago. The Black Church wouldn't accept such an admission today. I've stated in previous post that I've always thought that Robyn Crawford not only was the love of Whitney Houston's life, but she was also the influence that kept her grounded and stable until the gay rumors became so intense that she possibly made the worst decision of her life, that marriage to Bobby Brown. Yes, I stated that both the Black Church and Black America have far more serious issues to face such as a 72% illegitimacy rate, illiteracy, poverty, and crime that inflict Black America on a daily basis than at this point the issues of Gay America. Yes, there is an aspect of homophobia in Black America. So, one can only wonder why the most stunningly beautiful black superstar of our age decided to deny that at one point in her life, she loved a woman.

by Anonymousreply 35404/07/2012

Are you a lesbian, r354?

by Anonymousreply 35504/07/2012

I said it before and I'll say it again, her religious training/indoctrination by her MOTHER, is what ultimately killed her.

If she hadn't been taught that her own truth is a "sin" or an "abomination" and that she would go to hell because of it, she wouldn't have tried to run and hide from herself via drug use.

In other words, Cissy Killed the Radio Star.

by Anonymousreply 35604/07/2012

wow that must have been intentional editing, at :50 in the video.

by Anonymousreply 35704/07/2012

R355, this is R354. No, I'm not a lesbian.

by Anonymousreply 35804/07/2012

Crazy early Whitney interview below. Very sophisticated, elegant, and classy...

by Anonymousreply 36004/07/2012

Whitney was not gay; 'the only gayness she felt was when she was happy'.

by Anonymousreply 36104/07/2012

This is a weird interview. She talks about getting back to her roots, with the people in the projects? In other interviews she goes on and on about how high-class her family was.

She mentions Robin at about 3:00 in.

by Anonymousreply 36304/07/2012

R356, are we to believe that Whitney was had no mind of her own? Not EVER?

by Anonymousreply 36404/07/2012

Wow - I forgot how beautiful she was when she was younger. Just gorgeous and graceful.

by Anonymousreply 36504/07/2012

What did Whitney in was criticism from black America that she wasn't black enough which hurt her so deeply culminating in the infamous Soul Train awards incident where she was booed. That same night, she foisted herself on the coolest, most popular (at the time) blackest entertainer in the room, Bobby Brown. End of story.

by Anonymousreply 36604/07/2012

^ that is true, R366

and that is why she is talking about the 'hood in a video - that was the pressure. To be black and "real" you had to be from the 'hood. There were even middle class rappers who claimed to be from the hood.

by Anonymousreply 36704/08/2012

I agree, R366. I mentioned that in another thread awhile back. Apparently Whitney took a lot of things to heart and she would never just let things go. She needed to prove that she was straight and "down" and Bobby was the right guy to help her accomplish that.

by Anonymousreply 36804/08/2012

I think it's crazy she remained married to Bobby for 15 years so that she could prove the public wrong.

by Anonymousreply 36904/08/2012

The projects... what a phony. I have no doubt she was street savvy, but she grew up in a nice house with a pool. She was really desperate to prove something. Here's Gary Houston's former basketball coach, Ray Meyer, talking about the Houston home.

"I remember going to his home," said Meyer. "His Dad worked for the government and (his mother gospel singer) Cissy Houston, and I went in and I was shocked. There were records all the way from the floor to the ceiling. We talked to them there, Joey and I were there at the time. The father picked us up in a beautiful late-model Cadillac, and he drove us there, and they had a beautiful swimming pool outside. I said 'boy this kid's got it made'. Gary played very well for us for all those years. Now he's singing gospel music."

by Anonymousreply 37004/08/2012

It's a shame that people who are middle class and black feel pressure to be more 'real', as though you're a sellout if you're even moderately successful. I wonder if the pressures were more social or commercial. Maybe the record company wanted to remake Whitney as more 'ghetto' to sell more. But I always thought her audience was the mainstream pop market.

by Anonymousreply 37104/08/2012

R371, I think it was her personal feeling that she had to prove something. She was doing fine commercially before and during the Soul Train debacle. Her 1990 album which had an intentionally more urban R&B feel actually performed the weakest commercially out of the 3 records she'd released by then.

R366, I don't think she married Bobby due to the criticism from the black community. After they met, they were first friends for about 2 years before the sudden engagement in '91. If anything, I think it was the lesbian rumors and label pressure because of them that finally pushed her into a marriage. Of course, the criticism of the black community does probably explain why she chose that particular man.

by Anonymousreply 37204/08/2012

R372, As was mentioned in another thread Bobby was the third man Whitney tried to entice into marriage. Randall Cunningham and Eddie Murphy were the other two. I suspect her then drug use was a major deterrent to their getting seriously involved with her even if that involvement was an "arrangement".

The black community's rejection of Whitney was not about her being from a middle class black family. It really was mostly about her pop music roots. I liked pop music as a teen growing up in the 80's so I love her music. However, during this time urban music (rap, Hip Hop, New Jack Swing) and grunge music was moving center stage. These music genres were the antithesis of pop.

Janet Jackson managed to have a successful career during this time by moving away from the pop music Joe had her recording to teaming up Jam and Lewis. I think Whitney wanted to make herself over through her association and marriage to Bobby Brown but was not able to do so.

by Anonymousreply 37304/08/2012

R373, how do we know she was trying to entice Eddie, and especially Cunningham, into a marriage all the way back in the 80s? I kind of got the feeling that it was more of a casual bearding thing, at least with Cunningham?

by Anonymousreply 37404/08/2012

I thought the Cunningham thing was staged, as per his gf, and Eddie M was one photo op at an awards show. These guys were talking points to promote Whitney's heterosexuality, not actual relationships.

by Anonymousreply 37504/08/2012

To dismiss that Whitney's devotion to Bobby Brown is just ridiculous. No one can put up with that much for 15 years just to prove a point.

And to imply she would have settled for any man as well isn't true. Robert De Niro was reportedly obsessed with her sending her gifts from flowers to a diamond encrusted teddy bear(upon finding out she had thing for teddy bears). Whitney was having none of it and promptly sent them back.

by Anonymousreply 37604/09/2012

An addict can put up with a lot of things for a lot of irrational reasons, R376.

As for De Niro... a white man would've been bad for her career, and for her image in the black community, which was obviously very important to her. Not to mention he was sending her flowers early on in her career, when she was too young to be thinking of marriage (a real one or a merkin one).

by Anonymousreply 37704/09/2012

I agree with everyone who said that blaming Bobby for her troubles is ridiculous. She was an adult woman and he was still a teenager when they first met.

If anything, SHE was a bad influence on him.

by Anonymousreply 37804/09/2012

I suspect Bobby had to put with quite a bit as well. The infamous "doodie bubble" is an example.

by Anonymousreply 37904/09/2012

Also, on the age at which they first met: A 25 year old woman is light years ahead of a 19 y/o Manboy, in terms of maturity (and pretty much everything else.)

I think SHE called the shots.

by Anonymousreply 38004/09/2012

I don't think either one was a "bad influence" on the other, R378. By all acounts, they were both pretty fucked up and addicts when they met.

But one thing which Bobby was definitely guilty of was the physical violence. Cutting her face, hitting her, the cops having to be called in... all that shit he definitely should be blamed for.

by Anonymousreply 38104/09/2012

She was high, r376, and that fogs the mind, as has been pointed out. It was hardly a normal devotion.

As far as black stars trying to appear from the street, note Whoppi Goldberg's bullshit about being from "the hood." She also makes jokes about the projects. Whoppi is a child of Chelsea in NYC, middle class at the time and no where near the hood.

by Anonymousreply 38204/09/2012

I wonder if the 'from the street' thing is really trying to sell an image to white people, ie white people love the story of the poor black child rising up from the squalor and decrepitude to grab Success. That seems to be Whoopi's trip. Whitney changed her narrative, she started out with regal airs then later she adopted a more ghetto schtick and claimed it was to get back to her roots.

by Anonymousreply 38304/09/2012

Whitney told Oprah the marriage was in trouble by the second year and that she was unhappy. I don't think she was devoted to Bobby. She was devoted to putting forth a certain image and it included him.

by Anonymousreply 38404/09/2012

Lol. From 5:40, Whitney flaunting her fiancee Bobby in her TV special. Followed by a not so subtle performance of "All the Man That I Need" ("he fills me up, he's all man, he's all the man that I need"), and Whitney hugging a pillow and complaining to the camera that she "misses her Bobby".

Doesn't scream "passion" to me as much as it screams "look, y'all, I'm straight!!" And the scene where they're hugging kinda looks more awkward too, posing for the camera and everything.

by Anonymousreply 38504/09/2012

I've never seen Whitney's home but she is from East Orange. It's close to Newark and is by no means middle class. Of the three Oranges it's got the highest crime rate , and the worst school district. There may be a few nice homes there but I wouldn't walk down the streets of that town at any time.

by Anonymousreply 38604/09/2012

Yeah, R386, it's definitely not a nice area. But back when WH was growing up there (more than 30 years ago), it wasn't nearly as bad as in the 90s and since. Back when her family moved there, E. Orange was the destination of choice for many relatively better-off black families from Newark after the riots, including the Houstons.

by Anonymousreply 38704/09/2012

[R387] I can't say for sure what it was like in her childhood. Having lived in West Orange in the 90's back when Whitney was presenting a goody-goody image to the world and known to be still roaming the streets looking for drugs I've always believed her street persona that came out once her drug habit became public to be 'The real Whitney'. That's was her attraction to Bobby-B.

by Anonymousreply 38804/09/2012

R388, yeah, I think it was closer to the real Whitney than the princess Clive packaged her as. But, whatever she was like in private, I think Cissy probably groomed her as a ladylike singer professionally even before Clive. She was basically born into a singing career - her mother had friends and contacts in the industry, and though her eventual success couldn't be predicted, she never really had to fight the odds.

It's not that she didn't have any ghetto in her, more that she was clearly insecure about whether other people (specifically, other black people) thought she did. She was definitely making great efforts to harp on how ghetto she was later on, including those misleading "projects" statements. The fact that at a certain point in her career she started mentioning it in just about every interview makes her seem really insecure about it.

by Anonymousreply 38904/10/2012

Whitney seemed insecure about several things.

by Anonymousreply 39004/10/2012

by Anonymousreply 39107/17/2012

Gee, you pull up and post on a thread that has not been commented on in 3 months to tell us to leave Whitney alone?

Go back over to Lipstick Alley dear.

Houston and Crawford had a romantic relationship. Deal with it.

by Anonymousreply 39207/17/2012

When was Whitney out?

by Anonymousreply 39408/01/2012

Whitney wasnt out but she and Robyn were together and shared a very special love. RIP Whitney.

by Anonymousreply 39502/03/2013

No need to end every post with RIP.

by Anonymousreply 39602/04/2013

My name is Stacy Blair i have been in bondage ever since my EX left for another woman, It was really hell for me and everybody told me to forget about him but i could not because i love him so much. Things got worse until my friend introduced me to this great spell caster DR. OTIAGBE who have saved so many life and relationships and i contacted him through his email ( ) i explained everything to him and he cast a spell for me immediately after three days, everything turn around and my boyfriend came to me on his knee begging for forgiveness that i have been the only woman he has loved in his life and he is ready to love me forever. I was really surprised because i have never seen such a miracle in my life. I am so thankful to this man and i will forever publish his name Dr. Otiagbe.

Contact him now for your own miracle via email:

by Anonymousreply 39903/04/2014

My pussy stinks!

by Anonymousreply 40003/04/2014

R397 R398 is a vicious homebound homophobic hater from Lipstick alley. This person created the fiction that "Robyn Crawford is working with Alexis Houston." He has spent the 2 years since Ms Houstons passing crudely smearing Ms Crawford and her relationship with Whitney in every possible blog. He has desperately now segued into a NYC Gay Men's blog. Nothing, absolutely nothing is out of bounds for this twisted monster. He has a little young female sidekick that follows him around, invariably to support the Crawford hate.

Within the last 3months Police spokespersons have made public statements that both the Houston Family and Ms Crawford have continued to be victimized by this imposter. None have any association with this stalker "Alexis Houston" in anyway. Anything else is simply the fictional product of a very mentally disturbed gay basher.

by Anonymousreply 40104/28/2014

Someone please post thread:

****BREAKING*** Whitney Houston's daughter found dead in tub!!!

This is NOT a joke, was just on the news!

by Anonymousreply 40201/31/2015

r402 - done.

by Anonymousreply 40301/31/2015

link to breaking news thread

by Anonymousreply 40401/31/2015

She was unconscious and was revived.

by Anonymousreply 40501/31/2015
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!