Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Jennifer Hudson Was Fucking Horrible Last Night

Jesus, this was the best they could get? This bitch couldn't hold a note to save her life. Get Beyonce!

by Anonymousreply 11812/07/2012

Sorry Op,she did an amazing job....understated, respectful, and quite lovely

by Anonymousreply 102/13/2012

r1, you must be deaf. She was one step above Whitney's present-day voice. It was cringe-worthy. Beyonce would have knocked it out of the park.

by Anonymousreply 202/13/2012

I didn't see the Grammy's but I've never cared for any of the "diva" singers. They may have fairly good voices but none of them seem to be able to not sing without yodeling through the scales in every song. Aguilera and Carey do it, Whitney did it, it's a plague among them now.

We get it. You have a powerful set of pipes, now sing it straight without the vocal gymnastics. What the fuck happened to singers like Carol King?

by Anonymousreply 302/13/2012

R2 you couldn't be more wrong....Beyonce is quite wonderful, but only as a pop singer....she doesn't have half the voice that JHud has.....there just is no comparison.

by Anonymousreply 402/13/2012

JHud? Oh god.

by Anonymousreply 502/13/2012

Ugh... Stick to something you actually know something about. Perhaps, dick sucking.

Hudson was amazing.

by Anonymousreply 602/13/2012

As soon as they announced that Whitney was dead it was pretty clear that she would be singing because she had been on Piers Morgan with Clive Davis on Friday. I don't have anything against her generally, but I did not think Jennifer Hudson did a good job with the song. I actually wish they had Dolly Parton do it if it was going to be that song.

That said, I won't hold the performance against her because she only had 24 hours and I'm sure she was stressed out/nervous beyond belief.

I just would have rather had them replay Whitney's One Moment in Time performance or some other time she was at the Grammys.

by Anonymousreply 702/13/2012

Seems you're the only one that thought that OP, everyone is raving about her performance. Sorry Justin wasn't there to please you.

by Anonymousreply 802/13/2012

I don't think it's so much JHud as the song itself--it's just awful. Sends wild dogs running.

ITA with R7 that they should have paid tribute to Whitney by letting her do it herself. A montage of her most amazing live performances would have been SO much better.

by Anonymousreply 902/13/2012

R6, LOL! But dick sucking IS an artform. It has brought me much joy over the years.

by Anonymousreply 1102/13/2012

JHud is good but she has a weird vocal tick where she overly puffs her W's. Anyone else notice that?

by Anonymousreply 1202/13/2012

I thought it was lovely.

You're a cunt.

by Anonymousreply 1302/13/2012

[quote].Too bad she has no talent.

You wish.

by Anonymousreply 1502/13/2012

[quote]You wish.

You have the same talent as she does when it comes to comebacks.

by Anonymousreply 1602/13/2012

Good lord R10/15. We get it you love Jennifer Hudson and Whitney Houston. Some people don't. Get over it. Are you that same crazed Jennifer Garner/Leann Rimes/Aguilera fan who's been posting here.

by Anonymousreply 1702/13/2012

[R17] eats feces from the sidewalk.

by Anonymousreply 1802/13/2012

Shouldn't you be in your jr. high homeroom class already R18?

by Anonymousreply 1902/13/2012

She was good, but she does not have the range Whitney had (or used to have). She knows her voice, though, so she understands what she can handle.

by Anonymousreply 2002/13/2012

[quote] I actually wish they had Dolly Parton do it if it was going to be that song.

That would have been brilliant!

by Anonymousreply 2102/13/2012

Hudson's voice is really deep now. She's gone from a mezzo-soprano to an alto in the past couple of years.

by Anonymousreply 2302/13/2012

Op! You are so right. I thought she was awful.

by Anonymousreply 2402/13/2012

R9 nails it; it was the song.

by Anonymousreply 2502/13/2012

I just wish modern singers would pay half as much attention to diction as they do the vocal pyrotechnics.

Overly-mannered singers can be annoying, but not nearly so much as these under-40 mushmouths with lazy tongues and lips.

by Anonymousreply 2602/13/2012

Hudson was great. It amazes me that she held it together. This is a woman who lost three family members. It's been a couple of years but that sort of trauma resurfaces whenever you have to grieve another loss. So good for her.

by Anonymousreply 2702/13/2012

Beyonce only does what gives Beyonce attention.

She released her newborn's photos in advance of her big red carpet post baby debut Sunday til Whitney died and made it ...all about..Whitney!

JHud was a good last minute replacement. Mind you, they had less than 24 hours to get that together from Whitney's death til; airtime.

by Anonymousreply 2902/13/2012

What happened to Chaka Khan? Word was that she was going to perform too.

by Anonymousreply 3002/13/2012

I used to think Jennifer Hudson was pretty good. And maybe she still is. But she was awful last night singing "I Will Always Love You." Just awful. Maybe it's just not her type of song.

No one could sing like Whitney. And as good as some singers may be, compared to Whitney, they're not all that good--especially when they should not be singing Whitney's songs.

It was just a lousy, awful tribute to one of the most talented singers ever.

by Anonymousreply 3102/13/2012

I thought she did great, with Whitney touches but no flourishes. I think she was crying as she was singing.

by Anonymousreply 3302/13/2012

Mama Cass. I miss that style of voice so much. Classy, clean and clear, and rich beyond description. Peggy Lee. Same thing.

by Anonymousreply 3402/13/2012

She was singing unaccompanied at first, and then only with one piano. Whitney herself would never have sounded that good.

by Anonymousreply 3502/13/2012

People can judge for themselves.

by Anonymousreply 3602/13/2012

[quote] It was just a lousy, awful tribute to one of the most talented singers ever.

Bitch, bitch, bitch.

She may not have been technically perfect, but someone she looked up to very much died less than 24 hours before AND she was singing that person's signature song AND it's an incredibly moving, sad song to boot AND she was clearly emotionally sad and holding back tears. I fail to see where she was lousy, or awful.

Forgive the universe for not providing you the absolutely perfect experience you demanded from its entertainment vending machine….you heinous cunt.

by Anonymousreply 3702/13/2012

They should have let Amber Riley sing it. She's my new favorite diva..

by Anonymousreply 3902/13/2012

I just watched the replay. No one else could have done that song. She fucking nailed it.

Hate away haters, we love Jennifer and we love her even more for knocking this one out of the park.

by Anonymousreply 4002/13/2012

It was a Beautiful Tribute.

by Anonymousreply 4102/13/2012

I watched Hudson's clip today and she was outstanding. You're an idiot, OP.

by Anonymousreply 4202/13/2012

OP, please post the YouTube link to your flawless vocal tribute to Houston.

by Anonymousreply 4302/13/2012

She wasn't as good as Whitney. That doesn't mean she wasnt good, great, even. The whole reason we are mourning Whitney is because she was an exceptional talent. Calling someone else crap for falling short of the bar she set is like calling Steve jobs retarded because he wasn't as smart as einstein

by Anonymousreply 4402/13/2012

I didn't think I waxed poetic, I just stated why I prefer JHud to Whitney.

I think Whitney makes "I Will Always Love You" sound like a threat.

by Anonymousreply 4602/13/2012

wrong, r45.

It was moving and honest.

by Anonymousreply 4702/13/2012

[quote]OP, please post the YouTube link to your flawless vocal tribute to Houston.

Here you go.

by Anonymousreply 4802/13/2012

OP is probably Simon Cowell, still ticked that he booted her off Idol and she went on to a career that puts all his favs in the shade.

by Anonymousreply 4902/13/2012

I thought she was fab and so did my side-kick.

by Anonymousreply 5002/13/2012

Speak for yourself, bitch.

by Anonymousreply 5102/13/2012

Hudson was in a tough spot -- she only had a brief chance to rehearse, it was a highly emotional and sad context, and if she tried really showboating 100% she'd have been criticized for that; it was supposed to be a respectful homage to Whitney, not an attention grab.

I think she did very well.

by Anonymousreply 5202/13/2012

I will always love R43 and R48.

by Anonymousreply 5302/13/2012

Exactly r52.

by Anonymousreply 5402/13/2012

TY R48, LOL!!

by Anonymousreply 5502/13/2012

And when the crowd started to applaud she tried to shut them up. Did you see that? She was totally in the moment.

by Anonymousreply 5602/13/2012

Don't forget, too, that her mother, brother and nephew were all murdered two years ago.

I am sure this brought that back, too.

Love JHud and think she sounded wonderful.

by Anonymousreply 5702/13/2012

I think Dustin is right about Whitney's version, but I think that was appropriate for the context of a movie about a stalker.

by Anonymousreply 5802/13/2012

Am I the only one who can't stand "JHud"? She seems so emotionally cold and bitchy. Plus she fucked Oprah over.

by Anonymousreply 5902/13/2012

Or more succinctly, about a narcissistic diva in a dysfunctional family being stalked by an obsessive psycho. It should sound like a threat, and not, as intended by Parton, as an apology.

by Anonymousreply 6002/13/2012

I like Jennifer, but I thought she sung it in too low a register.

I prefer the version Amber Riley is doing on tomorrow night's Glee.

by Anonymousreply 6102/13/2012

You idiots. She kept it simple and didn't belt it out of respect for Whitney. She could sing just as well as Whitney any day.

by Anonymousreply 6202/13/2012

She decidedly cannot sing like Whitney. And neither can any current female pop/RnB star. And I say that as someone who wouldn't consider himself a particular Whitney fan bar a few songs.

by Anonymousreply 6302/13/2012

I always feel like she is "struggling" when JHud is singing.

by Anonymousreply 6402/13/2012

Houston just simply owns this song much like Garland owns Somewhere Over the Rainbow. Hudson did a decent job, but her voice has nowhere near the power, range and majestic beauty Houston's voice had in her prime. I always thought Houston's music was too schlocky, but boy, her voice was one of a kind.

by Anonymousreply 6502/14/2012

[quote]You idiots. She kept it simple and didn't belt it out of respect for Whitney.

You're entirely correct.

[quote]She could sing just as well as Whitney any day.

Alas, you couldn't be more wrong.

by Anonymousreply 6602/14/2012

[quote]I think Kahn said she would not perform out of respect.

What I wouldn't have given to hear Madeline Kahn's rendition of that song. I'm getting verklempt just thinking about it.

by Anonymousreply 6702/14/2012

LOL r67

Khan was on Piers Morgan and she was quite pissed about the Davis party (rightly so, I think) and didn't want to have anything to do with what was effectively an industry tribute.

She also said right out that Whitney was ultimately responsible for her own decisions, while mentioning how destructive the music industry is for female singers.

by Anonymousreply 6802/14/2012

r68 Madeleine Khan is dead.

by Anonymousreply 6902/14/2012

R68. I watched Chaka Khan on Piers Morgan too. Chaka said the fact that the Clive Davis party went on was "complete insanity." She's right.

Chaka also said that Whitney would not have said, "the show must go on." Whitney would have said, "stop everything."

by Anonymousreply 7002/14/2012

R69, spelling is your friend.

I meant Chaka Khan

by Anonymousreply 7102/14/2012

It was great seeing Jennifer Holliday on Piers Morgan talking about her friend, Whitney. Now there's an incredible talent.

No one--that's NO ONE--can ever surpass Jennifer Holliday singing "And I Am Telling You I'm Not Going." She sang it 30 years ago, and she still kills it to this day. The woman is super human.

by Anonymousreply 7202/14/2012

I completely disagree. I think it was fine that Clive's party continued to be held.

Why should all the catering of expensive food and other expenses go to waste.

by Anonymousreply 7302/14/2012

In fairness to Davis, though, r70 it was reported that he asked her family for direction, and they said not to cancel.

Whether or not that's true, and exactly whom he contacted, is another issue.

by Anonymousreply 7402/14/2012

Unfortunately, Sharon Osborne will be on Piers Morgan tonight talking about Whitney. I suppose Sharon Osborne will portray herself as a friend (that wasn't).

by Anonymousreply 7502/14/2012

[quote]Am I the only one who can't stand "JHud"? She seems so emotionally cold and bitchy. Plus she fucked Oprah over.

For that she gets three Mermaid Girl kisses from Heaven.

by Anonymousreply 7602/14/2012

R74. I have to think that the Houston family was just being gracious to Clive Davis if they told him to carry on. It hardly seems realistic that Whitney's mother or brother even had the wherewithall or interest to discuss some self-indulgent party within three hours of Whitney's death.

by Anonymousreply 7702/14/2012

r75, Osbourne might be a fame whore, but she's been in the business a long time and also grew up in it. She can be blunt, too.

I'd be interested in what she has to say. I think it depends on what questions she's asked.

by Anonymousreply 7802/14/2012

I love you, R37.

by Anonymousreply 7902/14/2012

self-indulgent party? The party is completely separate from anything having to do with Whitney's death.

by Anonymousreply 8002/14/2012

ITA with R77, who would ever have the balls to approach the family and ask such a thing within hours of a death? Can you picture it? "Oh, Cissy, so sorry for your loss.....and by the way, would you mind terribly if we went ahead with the festivities this evening?'

by Anonymousreply 8102/14/2012

She came in to perform at that party r80

by Anonymousreply 8202/14/2012

Chaka Khan was right saying that going ahead with that party was "complete insanity."

And I might add, totally classless.

by Anonymousreply 8302/14/2012

R76 I love you! Can I get a Mermaid kiss?

by Anonymousreply 8402/14/2012

I don't think it was that overt, r81. It depends how close he was to the people around her.

Although I totally agree with Chaka Khan.

by Anonymousreply 8502/14/2012

R85. If the people around Whitney agreed to that party, then they're totally tasteless.

by Anonymousreply 8602/14/2012

[quote]Unfortunately, Sharon Osborne will be on Piers Morgan tonight talking about Whitney. I suppose Sharon Osborne will portray herself as a friend (that wasn't).

Ugh, I can't fucking stand this bitch. Who the hell cares what the Whoresbournes have to say? Sharon was not friends with Whitney and probably never even met her, so who gives a fuck about her opinion?

I wish Piers and the Whoresbournes and all these other fucking Brits would just fuck off back to England.

by Anonymousreply 8702/14/2012

That song is tough to sing. Thought she did fine and the whitney tribute was not overdone and was bittersweet.

by Anonymousreply 8802/14/2012

Meh. I agree - they shoulda got Dolly. Plus, JHud is not down with the gay marriage. So there's that.

by Anonymousreply 8902/14/2012

r89, this isn't about you.

by Anonymousreply 9002/14/2012

Blame Clive Davis. That bastard has no heart. He made JHud do it.

by Anonymousreply 9102/14/2012

Jennifer Hudson was perfect. Her performance was understated, heartfelt, packed with emotion and in the best of taste. .. It's unsettling to read here the posters who felt somebody else would have "knocked it out of the park." This was a moment for restraint, not finger popping. .. Why are eo many American gays drawn to gaudiness and ostentation?? .. Believe it or not, less is more.

by Anonymousreply 9202/14/2012

ITA r92.

by Anonymousreply 9302/14/2012

LeAnn Rimes version is nice.

by Anonymousreply 9402/14/2012

I thought Jennifer Hudson sucked. Understated my ass. It was bad all the way around. She will never be one of the great voices.

by Anonymousreply 9502/14/2012

Should've been Dolly.

by Anonymousreply 9602/14/2012

r95 = A bitter Beyonce, bored at home with a stranger's baby!

by Anonymousreply 9702/14/2012

Beyonce would have fucked it up even worse. She couldn't change Whitney's maxi-pad, let alone sing one of her songs.

by Anonymousreply 9802/14/2012

I don't like her, never have done since she was on American Idol. All 'tude and no personality.

And this bitch never could do Whitney as much as she was obsessed with trying to, she has a darker tone and sounds nothing like her. All wrong. And La Toya London was much better than her on Idol anyway.

by Anonymousreply 9902/14/2012

Remember this tribute to Whitney?

by Anonymousreply 10002/14/2012

Both Whitney & Jennifer were/are great great singers.

But personally, I always loved either Dolly's original version or Linda Rondstadt's version much better. Whitney was way over the top with that one.

by Anonymousreply 10102/14/2012

To all those who hate Jennifer Hudson, who would you have recommended to sing the tribute?

Christina Aguilera and Jennifer Hudson are the only two vocalists out that have voices similar to Whitney in her prime. And again, the point of a tribute is to honor and remember the dead. Not sound exactly them. Please pull your heads out of your asses.

by Anonymousreply 10202/14/2012

Yeah, never a fan of IWALY - and it's a shame it's such a massive behemoth signature song, as she's not exactly short of others. It's all about Dolly.

by Anonymousreply 10302/14/2012

isn't there a version where a man sings the song?

by Anonymousreply 10402/14/2012

The only man I can hear singing this song is Willie Nelson.

by Anonymousreply 10502/15/2012

Jennifer did her best. The tribute was near the end of the show so her nerves were shot by then thinking about it. She took a couple breaths during the song and slowed down because of the nerves.

by Anonymousreply 10602/15/2012

I wonder how much money Dolly has made from that one song.

by Anonymousreply 10702/15/2012

I'd love to know that too R107.

I'm pretty sure a man sings it in the movie?

by Anonymousreply 10802/15/2012

Was it just me, or did everyone see the tape of Whitney giving JHud her Grammy a bit more than a year ago? Very very clearly, Whitney was BLASTED on something. She could barely get her mouth around the words.

by Anonymousreply 10902/15/2012

[quote]I'm pretty sure a man sings it in the movie?

Yes, a version by John Doe is heard playing from a jukebox in one scene of The Bodyguard.

by Anonymousreply 11002/15/2012

Dolly wrote that song for her *13th* album in 1973. Damn, she's been around a long time.

by Anonymousreply 11102/15/2012

I was so amazed to see these positive remarks about this supposed singer. And don't believe she deserved the OSCAR. That is supposed to be for talent. Not for being the best of such a mediocre film with another certain type of films to appease This sector. The only way she got it was the other movies that year sucked more than her voice, and over acting. Whitney deserved much better than that and J "no talent" Hudson, was on Pierce Morgan and was described as the next Whitney "really?". What Illegal drugs has Clive Davis been using. She has a commercial that sucks and I have to run to turn off that Screeching Noise down. Is it a fact or not that African Americans appreciate her "talent", more than white America does?. And how long is it going to be before she has a "HIT". She hasn't had one before.

by Anonymousreply 11204/11/2012

OP give her a break! She is currently testifying at her family's murder trial. She's lucky to be singing at all.

by Anonymousreply 11304/12/2012

r112 = Beyonce

by Anonymousreply 11404/12/2012

I'm not a fan of the hunt and peck style of singing. The melody will do just fine.

by Anonymousreply 11504/12/2012

Agreed. just loud.

by Anonymousreply 11607/15/2012

Hey her brother was killed shut up

by Anonymousreply 11707/16/2012

You are pathetic. Have some class about your words; especially towards other people...even if you didn't like the performance.

by Anonymousreply 11812/07/2012
Need more help? Click Here.