Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

It Happened Again: Straight Thugz Who Are Queer

So, my partner and I are waiting in a long line in the rain with all of scummy humanity to get ice cream. There's every race, age, gender or combo therein, whatever. We all just want ice cream NOW. Four young dudes in thug-wear and attitude are ahead of us.

No biggie-smalls, I say to myself, until one of them approaches me for a cig. Everyone is clad in hoodies, so we can't see them, but this one dude is hella polite and has amazing, pretty eyes that I only notice when he looks at me directly in the eye to say thanks. The back of my mind says "Good. Did not get stabbed". Thinking "Midnite Basketball" for these suckahs.

They are two tall, skinny white guys and two Chicanos. They're talking shit. All wearing basketball shirts and hoodies. Just local trash, as are eldergay me and my overly-tatooed partner in The Mission (SF).

After they score, the four of em walk down the street while licking their cones, now as two couples holding hands, licking each others' ice cream cones, stealing quick kisses, slowly blocking traffic in the crosswalk, and acting like they own the whole block just like most kids do here.

Th bf of the kid I gave a cig to looked like one of our neighbor's sons. I took care of their dog when he was born. His dad and I shared the same pot dealer for years. He has exactly zero fabulousness, but I think it's him. I'll find out soon enough.

My preconcieved notions about people get worse as I get older.

I've seen similar scenarios several times, sometimes with plump, white-collar frat-boy type in the Financial District.

No one care here, and that's why I'll never leave my hometown.

by Anonymousreply 2512/08/2012

[quote]They are two tall, skinny white guys and two Chicanos.

Were there any Orientals or colored people around as well?

by Anonymousreply 102/11/2012

Queer?

by Anonymousreply 202/11/2012

Good story.

by Anonymousreply 302/11/2012

Wow, what a twist, you're a regular O. Henry, O. Pee.

by Anonymousreply 402/11/2012

@r1, bad attempt to throw racist shade. Clearly, you have never lived in a large, diverse city. Are you happy in your medium-sized flyover burg, thinking that you are in-the-know?

Was your mommy cold and distant? Not enough spice in the Jello Salad? Did Father ignore you when he was listening to his Pat Boone albums down in the rumpus room?

by Anonymousreply 502/11/2012

Talking shit and wearing a hoodie are the only qualifications for being a thug in SF?

by Anonymousreply 602/11/2012

This never happened.

by Anonymousreply 702/11/2012

It happened. I hate those types...they troll as mean str8s when in fact they are homothugs. Same fools try to pass as str8 by being ultra misogynist. I wrote about this on the thread about closet cases.

BM are the worse at that, loudly dissing BW for this that and the other hiding in plain site as closeted cocksuckers. Now when I hear a BM diss BW out of the blue I know its a code for being downlow...many of them on youtube, quite flaming, dissing BW but never coming out as gay. Just sayin.

by Anonymousreply 802/11/2012

Chicanos is not an obsolete or prejudiced word, R2. It, unlike "orientals", may be quaint but is still in some use.

by Anonymousreply 902/11/2012

I cannot believe OP said HELLA. Ugh I would have socked you just for that!

by Anonymousreply 1002/11/2012

Oh, yeah, R8. Men holding hands with men and kissing in the middle of the street is really trying to pass as straight.

This story is hilarious. Thugs and their hoodies!!! Glad they didn't stab you, OP. Sounds like it was pretty touch and go there for a while. How was the ice cream?

by Anonymousreply 1102/11/2012

"biggie-smalls"

"cig"

"hella"

"suckahs"

OP, are you Mrs. Patty Poole (from TV"s Hogan Family)?.

by Anonymousreply 1202/11/2012

You're too old to live in SF OP, unless you're rich, you're never going to be able to buy anything. You're in your 40's and living a sad gay life there. Sorry but it's the truth. SF is for young dumb people, or wealthy people. The gays are leaving in droves.

by Anonymousreply 1302/11/2012

[quote]I hate those types...they troll as mean str8s when in fact they are homothugs.

Um - except that the "types" OP described in his own silly prose are anything but closeted and as a matter of fact treat their sexuality as a non-issue.

That they are posers is another story, having nothing to do with sexual hypocrisy and all to do with the fact that they are teens.

by Anonymousreply 1402/11/2012

OP here. My fuck buddy of 25 years (partner? husbear? boyfriend?) is a third generation native Californian, of Mexican-American heritage. He is Chicano. He could not order a burrito in Spanish if his life depended on it. I am Gaysian-Italian. It happens. We are both Queer Eldergays. My sister is a fat cube frau who hoards free bagels on Fridays from her company's lunchroom. She calls me "Little Bitch" and refers to my partner as "El Big Bitcho". She had a stroke and is now partially paralyzed on her left side. We call her "Caneface Cunt". I would give her a kidney, if she ever wanted one of my faggy organs.

So, yeah, we're a bunch of old racists.

But those gay hipsters these days, they defy stereotypes and that just boggles the mind.

by Anonymousreply 1502/11/2012

R13, where are the gays leaving to? NYC and/or LA?

I can't think of anywhere outside of NYC, LA and SF where gay men would be drawn to in the US. (Not being sarcastic - only these cities seem gay-male friendly enough to sustain a long-lasting citizenship).

by Anonymousreply 1602/11/2012

OP, I recognise your writing style. Your sister died, remember? And your husbear was upset that you wanted to renovate the trick-room so that your orphaned nephew with Down's Syndrome could stay with you. That was big-hearted of you, by the way, and your fuckbuddy-cum-husbear has no sense of altruism,

I am so glad to read that your sister has recovered from her untimely death.

by Anonymousreply 1702/11/2012

[quote]I can't think of anywhere outside of NYC, LA and SF where gay men would be drawn to in the US.

Not necessarily advocating them all, but to list a few:

Miiami/Ft. Lauderdale

San Diego

Palm Springs

Asbury Park

Austin

Philadelphia

Providence

Boston

and their respective gay playgrounds (Fire Island, P-Town, Rehoboth Beach, etc)

by Anonymousreply 1802/11/2012

??? @r17. That story should be part of John Waters' next major piece.

by Anonymousreply 1902/11/2012

Wow, so buying ice cream is a "score" where you live? You're really hardcore, man.

by Anonymousreply 2002/11/2012

R13/18, good list, and all of those cities mentioned definitely, deserve credit for their gay-friendliness.

But, for me at least, even as an LA-borne boy, I have to admit - there is no city in the U.S. where I have felt more comfortable, more at ease, and non-chalant about holding hands with another guy than S.F.

S.F. really is a city for, by and made for gay men.

by Anonymousreply 2102/11/2012

stupid

by Anonymousreply 2202/11/2012

I'm not r13

by Anonymousreply 2302/11/2012

[quote]So, my partner and I are waiting in a long line in the rain with all of scummy humanity to get ice cream.

Something is wrong here.

by Anonymousreply 2402/11/2012

Dd

by Anonymousreply 2512/08/2012
Need more help? Click Here.