Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

50 Year Old George Clooney Looking 10 Years Older than 62 Year Old Meryl Streep

This is what you eldergays pine after? Gross.

by Anonymousreply 4603/31/2013

Meryl Streep at age 62 or 64 does not look all that great.

Her hair is extremely thin which ages her tremendously.

It makes her look elderly.

It's a shame because in movies like Kramer vs Kramer she had long, luxurious, thick, gorgeous hair. (I know, she was young then)

Meryl needs to take a lot of special hair supplements (similar to vitamins) to see if it helps.

Meryl also dresses poorly some of the time.

by Anonymousreply 102/09/2012

George Clooney has had a serious, very painful illness.

Or have you not heard about that, OP?

George suffered severe pain from an injury. This ages a person.

He had brain fluid seeping out of his nose.

It was from an injury incurred while making a movie.

He managed to live and continue with a lot of people never hearing about the illness and injury, and many not knowing the full extent and full seriousness of it.

by Anonymousreply 202/09/2012

r2 That injury was something like 6 years ago. He long ago recovered from the injury and continues to keep a frentic schedule.

If he is in continued pain, he should slow down and learn to rest. Instead, he's having lunch everywhere in Hollywood, campaigning as hard as he can to win this Oscar.

by Anonymousreply 302/09/2012

Does he drink or smoke? He seems to party an awful lot. And if he did have some kind of health issue, all that stuff can age you almost as fast as progeria!

by Anonymousreply 402/09/2012

OP, I agree with you. I don't think he looks good for his age yet he's constantly held up as some sort of shining ideal and example of "men aging well." I find that embarrassing for men, especially when there are better examples around (Dylan McDermott, for one). It's also an obvious double standard, since a 50-year-old woman looking much older than her actual age would never be hailed as "hot" or "beautiful".

I think what George has going for him is that he dresses very well and has an air of sophistication, which gets him cut a lot of slack.

by Anonymousreply 602/09/2012

Did anyone see George on Person to Person in his "bachelor pad?" There were 'two' of everything-it looked like he lived with someone else...

He had a tie that was previous wore by JFK encased in a glass frame that he said his assistant picked out. I thought there were a lot of clues that gave off the feeling that he is co-habitating with another person...

by Anonymousreply 702/09/2012

Believe me, I know Meryl and that photo has had more work done to it than Phyllis Diller's nose. Meryl looks great for her age - but she still looks her age.

by Anonymousreply 802/09/2012

Enough with the homophobia masquerading as ageism here. Clooney hardly is a dream of older men, and I've heard a lot more from young people with daddy fixations concerning him.

Gay men needling gay men for being gay as an opening provocation suggests motives that don't belong here. If you're not a gay man, OP, then you're just another homophobe using the DL for low-grade hate speech. In fact, that's what you look like anyway.

by Anonymousreply 902/09/2012

I'd love to look like him!!

by Anonymousreply 1002/09/2012

Seems more like ageism than homophobia r9. And it's getting tiresome. It's too bad that those that are constantly going on about eldergays can't recognize the fact that this site that they are bloviating on was started by people who are now eldergays.

by Anonymousreply 1102/09/2012

George looks more handsome and more appealing sometimes more than other times.

In the photo which the OP posted, George's hair is too short and he looks overly thin.

Other times, he looks smashingly great.

by Anonymousreply 1202/09/2012

FUCK the term "eldergay." It has no meaning. Seriously. WTF.

George's gray hair makes him look old, not particularly distinguished, I think. And it does not look like he knows how to moisturize or take care of his skin. Shocking for a movie star (and I use the term loosely.) He doesn't seem to have the grooming of a gay man, I tell you that.

He is such an uninteresting actor. Nice guy, I suppose, but his old old OLD 'wink wink" thing about being gay is beyond tiresome. He had some LUCKY breaks to get him where he is on next to no talent. Yes, I said it. Next to no talent. Can't sing. Can't dance. Can't act. A triple threat!

by Anonymousreply 1302/09/2012

He's always looked old to me.

by Anonymousreply 1402/09/2012

you are all out of your minds. The man is gorgeous, partly because he seems happy with who he is and he doesn't have to huff and puff to prove it. I'd take him any time he wants to knock on my door.

by Anonymousreply 1502/09/2012

I bet you're a pretty young thing, OP. Maybe you'll never grow old.

That's not a great picture of George, but he can still look fucking fine.

by Anonymousreply 1602/09/2012

It's all those younger women he's banging.

by Anonymousreply 1702/09/2012

r15, Bruce Vilanch seems to like himself pretty much. Actually a LOT. Shall I send him over, too?

by Anonymousreply 1802/09/2012

I think he's gorgeous, but he does look older than he is, though I thought it was because he's too thin.

I didn't know about the brain injury, but that would certainly age a person dramatically. Either way, I think he looks great.

People can be attractive at any age without looking younger than they are, imo. It's about looking your best and good grooming, and wearing clothes that flatter you.

Though I also admit good health is a major part of being attractive, and George doesn't look particularly healthy or full of energy.

by Anonymousreply 1902/09/2012

No such word as "co-habitating." Or "habitating either, for that matter. It's "co-habit." That is a verb.

by Anonymousreply 2002/09/2012

OP, people really? >>> Have you never heard of Photoshop? Photoshop fixes this in EVERY PR image you see. Everything is Photoshop.

I never ceased to be amused by the lack of media awareness. People really do just buy the images fed to them right from the media mouth and at surface value.

Media 101:Our culture dictates that men are allowed to show some wrinkles whereas women are not.

p.s. People don't "glow" in real life either, OP.

by Anonymousreply 2102/09/2012

"Meryl Streep at age 62 or 64 does not look all that great. Her hair is extremely thin which ages her tremendously. "

Most women find that hair thins with age, particularly when it goes gray or white. She's probably got pure white hair by now, tinted blonde.

I rather wish she’d let her natural hair color show. In her recent roles, the best she looked was in “The Devil Wears Prada”, where she wore the character’s white hair like a crown.

by Anonymousreply 2202/09/2012

Just how the fuck is a 50 year old "supposed" to look?

by Anonymousreply 2302/09/2012

R22, I don't think her natural hair is 'pure white' as you state.

I have seen her brown roots as recently as last week on a talk show.

by Anonymousreply 2402/09/2012

R21, I've known vegans who glowed. Seriously, they look like they've been lit from within, their skin and eyes have such a lovely clarity.

by Anonymousreply 2502/09/2012

I know someone on raw food diet and she does seem to "glow". She still has annoying personaliy, though.

by Anonymousreply 2602/09/2012

That picture of Meryl has been air-brushed. She was on 60 minutes this past Sunday and in natural lighting she has crow's feet and "11's" between her brows and she looks much older than in that picture.

George is pretty handsome but is getting old looking. He looks about 50.

by Anonymousreply 2702/09/2012

I'm 57, and I think George looks older than I do. No, I don't think I look young. I look my age. but I think George looks 60ish. Damn good, in my opinion, but still 60ish.

by Anonymousreply 2802/09/2012

Maybe Georgie gurl looks old from the lack of fresh air in the closet.

by Anonymousreply 2902/09/2012

r25 Isn't that Lit from within a line from that movie with Kath Hepburn and Carey Grant? What's the darn name of it?

by Anonymousreply 3003/03/2012

George's mistake was getting those super-white veneers. He looked so much better with his natural, more familiar teeth.

by Anonymousreply 3103/03/2012

r30, it's from The Philadelphia Story. Jimmy Stewart's character, Mike McCawley, says it about Hepburn/Tracy Lord. Great speech and it won him an Oscar.

by Anonymousreply 3203/03/2012

George must be a heavy smoker. His skin color certainly gives that impression. Of course there are a lot of dark complexioned whites in Kentucky.

by Anonymousreply 3303/03/2012

op, in your dreams you will never be as good looking as Clooney is today - or ten years from now. Go back to jerking it over Justin Beiber, now that he's a "man" for all you silly-gays with effeminate taste

by Anonymousreply 3403/03/2012

Please. Streep - famously - has been a long-term smoker herself. She also has had more cosmetic work than Clooney has had. Plus she wears enough makeup to smooth a meteorite. We've all seen the "no makeup" Meryl, and her age shows.

Clooney has played around, drunk and smoked, and looks fine for his age. So does Streep. But it's a ridiculous comparison.

by Anonymousreply 3503/03/2012

George is a heavy smoker -- of cigarettes AND pole. Deal with it.

by Anonymousreply 3603/03/2012

I think Streep looks fucking fabulous. You guys are nuts. Clooney looks good, too.

by Anonymousreply 3703/03/2012

I agree with R37. They look better than most people their ages. Look around you!

by Anonymousreply 3803/03/2012

As we all saw in the various awards shows, Streep looks nothing like that heavily photoshopped portrait OP posted. She has looked dumpy in every single gown - from black to gold - she wore, and, while her face looks fine for a 62 year old, she doesn't look much younger than her actual age.

by Anonymousreply 3903/03/2012

I have more to do with those photos than age.

by Anonymousreply 4003/03/2012

I agree with [R39], while I think that Streep looks really luminous and wonderful, she needs to hire a stylist. She's gets it wrong more often than not and could look a lot better. I think she's a hot mama, actually.

by Anonymousreply 4103/03/2012

George Clooney looks good because he's a happy man, without being stupid or ignorant. He's been around & knows the truth about the human condition, but he's content with his lot. That's an attractive quality & it shows up no matter what your age.

by Anonymousreply 4203/03/2012

M and I have both been bleaching our hair for over 40 years.

That we have have any hair left at all is an act of God.

I'm still slimmer and less wrinkly, though.

by Anonymousreply 4303/03/2012

Clooney's a drunk and has been for yrs.

by Anonymousreply 4403/04/2012

Some of you idiots who love putting down older men should hope you look as good as Clooney when you reach his age.

by Anonymousreply 4503/31/2013

You're all going to get old and look like a rotten potato.

That is, if you're lucky.

by Anonymousreply 4603/31/2013
Need more help? Click Here.