Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Donny Osmond-- Soldier of Love

Sang it, Donny!

by Anonymousreply 2010/10/2012

I loved this song when I was younger! I remember there was a lot of secrecy around who performed the song because they didn't want it known it was Donny freakin' Osmond.

by Anonymousreply 102/03/2012

I've always loved this track too. This and that album's other single, "Sacred Emotion".

by Anonymousreply 202/03/2012

Very George Michael/Robbie Nevil. Not a big UK hit (his biggest market perhaps at one point), but one I always liked.

What I most remember about it was a plagiarism controversy.

by Anonymousreply 302/03/2012

Donny is really nice in person.

by Anonymousreply 510/01/2012

The video was directed by Michael Bay. Really.

by Anonymousreply 610/03/2012

Romney supporter.

by Anonymousreply 710/03/2012

yes, the radio stations at the time wouldn't reveal who the singer was until after the song was a hit, which is kind of crazy if you think about it. But it was a good song, as was Sacred Emotion. He probably could have been a bigger star if he tried and Marie certainly could have too, but after she turned down the role of Sandy in Grease and went crazy, nobody wanted to really invest the time or energy.

Friends were producers on their late 90's talk show, "Donny & Marie," and although the show wasn't a success, Donny and Marie were incredibly kind, down to earth and really made everyone feel welcome. And Marie gave out her dolls to EVERYONE!

by Anonymousreply 810/03/2012

Like a thief in the night...

by Anonymousreply 910/09/2012

Is it Mormon-like to have your bulge so unabashedly on display as this?

by Anonymousreply 1010/09/2012

Fuck you Donnie

by Anonymousreply 1110/09/2012

Best Marshall Crenshaw song

by Anonymousreply 1210/09/2012

I am just thrilled anyone besides me even knows who Marhsall Crenshaw is.

Love you R12!

by Anonymousreply 1310/09/2012

Marshall's SOL has nothing on Mr. Osmond's.

by Anonymousreply 1410/09/2012

This song was a pretty big hit. The weird thing is, if Donny had been willing to fully give up the squeaky clean image of the Osmond Family I think he could have gone on to become a modest star again at this period--he has a great voice, and at this point he was handsome and even sexy. But he couldn't go all the way. he could make a sexy video, but he couldn't not go around smiling like a dope and talking about the importance of his hateful family in interviews.

by Anonymousreply 1510/09/2012

[quote]Friends were producers on their late 90's talk show, "Donny & Marie," and although the show wasn't a success, Donny and Marie were incredibly kind, down to earth and really made everyone feel welcome.

My roommate from college is a screenwriter in Hoolywood, and he somehow got a hold of some notes Donny and Marie had on their talk show for "spontaneous chitchat" that had been pre-written for them to make them sound natural and unrehearsed. He showed them to me, and they were absolutely (and unintentionally) hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 1610/09/2012

Donny revealed in an interview that he was jealous of Michael Jackson's career.

by Anonymousreply 1710/09/2012

Doesn't Donny have some very anti-Gay views? I think I read somewhere he was against Gay marriage. I always got the vibe he didn't like us.

by Anonymousreply 1810/10/2012

He's singing about sex and having sex with people.

by Anonymousreply 1910/10/2012

Is Donny cut or uncut? Hairy Hole? Are Mormons allowed to finger each other?

by Anonymousreply 2010/10/2012
Need more help? Click Here.