Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

If Matt Bomer was a straight actor... you think he would be a big star?

by Anonymousreply 8501/15/2015

Yes, he was first choice for Christian Grey, but some fraus are getting their pants in a twist and now hetero Ryan Gosling is supposedly getting the part.

by Anonymousreply 207/13/2012

He'd be a STAH, regardless!!!

by Anonymousreply 307/13/2012

He's still first choice to play CG and those who are objecting to it are very few. Just hope that the film producers will have an open mind and cast him.

Apparently the author and the majority of fans don't want a known actor taking the role and Ian Somer?..(the othe favourite) can't act and is too short, so Matt still has a chance

by Anonymousreply 407/13/2012

He's still a fan favourite to play Christian

by Anonymousreply 607/13/2012

He was rather good as an uber-straight hick in "Texas Chainsaw". Too bad his character met a pretty crappy demise.

by Anonymousreply 707/13/2012

He's very pretty in a way only gay men and teenage girls find memorable (much like Rob Lowe, another DL swain). And he's not much of an actor. He's extremely pretty-pretty and he has a sixpack, but that's it. He's not tall and doesn't have much screen presence--he was practically invisible in "Magic Mike," and pushed off the screen even by the superior screen presence of Joe Manganiello who had even fewer lines than he did.

But he's got a decent sized TV career now, and I wish an out(ish) gay man all the best.

by Anonymousreply 807/13/2012

Ryan Gosling is fav to play CG.

by Anonymousreply 907/13/2012

[r8] That's a troll post if ever I saw one. 1. He's out 2. He's at least 6 feet tall.

Just because I can, even though it's feeding your putrid troll activity:

You're a fucking idiot. Get your dildo out of your ass before you talk.

by Anonymousreply 1007/13/2012

I love Matt Bomer, but he's not 6 feet. 5'11" maybe, but not 6 feet.

by Anonymousreply 1107/13/2012

A straight guy will get the part. Matt is too wrapped up with WC, he on'r be on the big screen 'til 2014, and his part in MM was small, he isn't getting an mentions in the UK press at alll, where he is a total unknown.

He'll have a good career in US tv, I don't konw how long Cwill last, but I don't think he is bothered with movies anymore.

by Anonymousreply 1207/13/2012

C'mon now, he's pretty in a handsome way and even some sraight guys have admitted to having a crush on him coz he has the perfect man jaw-line

His acting is also not bad, otherwise White Collar would not have a following esp from straight guys who can be over-critical.

Matt is now getting recognition like never before and breaking the barriers that were there before for gay guys. He's so beautiful to look at, talented and getting popular by the day that it will be hard for the insecure homophobic 'suits' to ignore him

I also see him appearing on people mag 'sexiest people 2012' at the end of the year - at least top 10

by Anonymousreply 1307/13/2012

Ho tall is Simon Halls?

by Anonymousreply 1407/13/2012

Isn't he already a big star?

by Anonymousreply 1507/13/2012

Matt Bomer clearly owns this thread. So listen here Matt, you were NOT making waves even before you came out. Hun, the coming out may have actually raised your stock in that afew more people know your name and are actively routing for you.

You lack on-screen charisma. Your looks are far too Ken-dollish. And given your lack of substantive roles its clear that your husband couldnt bribe the casting directors enough to cast you. (Although, its clear that he is spending some of his PR clout building steam for your 50 shades bid. Good Luck with that pile of crud.)

by Anonymousreply 1607/13/2012

R4/R6/R13/R14=Matts hubby???

Thats a lot of love and dedication there Mister.

by Anonymousreply 1707/13/2012

Stamp those tiny little feet, r10!

by Anonymousreply 1807/13/2012

[r18] Laugh all you want, snot nose. You know what an ass wipe you are. I know who I am and if you saw my feet, you'd be able to see I'd kick the shit out of the nasty sow that gave birth to you.

by Anonymousreply 1907/13/2012

Can't wait to see him in The Normal Heart next year.

by Anonymousreply 2007/13/2012

I love Matt, in White Collar. I think he is a very, very attractive man. I also do not have a problem with him being gay, whatsoever. However, the fantasy of Christian Gray is that of a man who truly knows every once of a female body and loves to worship that body. No matter how much I try, I can't visualize Matt playing the part, knowing he is not the least bit interested in women. That is the only reason I don't think he should get the part. We need to know that whoever is paying the part really, really enjoys woman, and kinky f'ery. LOL

by Anonymousreply 2107/13/2012

I'm pretty sure that Matts man dispatches some interns to DL every time theres a Bomer thread.

by Anonymousreply 2207/13/2012

OP, looking at it realistically, the USA Network hasn't exactly launched many stars. If anything, it's become a retreat for stars who were once on bigger shows who've now been forced into cable (Matt's co-star Willie Garson, for instance, or Tiffani Thiessen originally of "Saved by the Bell" and "90210" fame). Matt's already well into his 30s, so I think it'd've been unlikely for him to have a breakout film career at this point regardless of his orientation.

Or, you could look at it this way: even though his longtime partner is one of THE most powerful agents in L.A., he still hasn't landed anything off of television but brief supporting roles in a couple of films. And this is in a town where nepotism is prized!

by Anonymousreply 2307/13/2012

Matt is a beautiful guy, but he has little depth as an actor. His career is based on his looks. admit it, he's boring. He is a TV star.

by Anonymousreply 2407/13/2012

Some one here really doesn't like Matt at all? Why, I don't find his hot or talented, but he is an out gay actor making more ground for gay men in Hollywood than anyone has for a while, give the guy some credit and good will.

by Anonymousreply 2507/14/2012

[quote]even though his longtime partner is one of THE most powerful agents in L.A.

No, he isn't.

I'm under the impression a lot of people don't actually understand what the difference between an agent and a publicist is.

And who the hell bumped this from February?

by Anonymousreply 2607/14/2012

I can only assume the haters here saying Matt can't act or other bullshit like "he has no depth to his acting" haven't seen him in more than Magic Mike or a couple of episodes of White Collar that didn't call for much from him. He has plenty of range, and is an extremely competent actor. He has way more talent than lots of people who are bigger stars.

I also think his tactic of taking small roles then moving to larger roles in indie flicks (his next couple of projects after he finishes filming this season of WC) is part of a considered strategy. I guess that will remain to be seen.

And R21, you're a homophobic moron.

by Anonymousreply 2707/14/2012

All this belittling talk and hatred about an out gay actor who's pushing the boundaries for all gay actors, supports gay causes and is generally an all-round good guy - this kind of talk on this site is sickening, frankly. It's not based on 'reality'; it's based on cynicism and meanness.

He gets MUCH more support and love from the straight girl fan community, which you all despise so much.

What nasty pieces of work you are.

by Anonymousreply 2807/14/2012

It's just jealousy.

& Matt could have been a bigger star, but he isn't a famewhore.

by Anonymousreply 2907/14/2012

Face it -- he can't act! (Not that that has stopped other pretty muscled men)

by Anonymousreply 3007/14/2012

R27/28 Giving credence to the theory that Bomers PR hubby sends over the interns to flood Matt Bomer pieces.

by Anonymousreply 3107/14/2012

R31 Fans are flattered by your theory.

by Anonymousreply 3207/14/2012

Don't know HOW they're going to make "50" into a decent movie. PAINFUL to slog through the book; almost no story. Yet over 800 people are still on the waiting list at Vegas' library with 23 copies available. Sure hype sells. But I mean is this going to be like 9 1/2 Weeks? I was given free drinks, as part of a market research preview, to watch the original version.

Now about Bomer, having only seen him in "MM." Can he convey extreme sexual desire, passion, possibility, excitement, even a dangerous edge, through just his eyes and facial expressions? When he's eating a meal, will I believe that his mind is completely elsewhere? The author stated that she wanted a complete unknown. Gay or straight, who in Hollywood can really convince me a young virginal girl would really submit to anything because of how hot "50" appears to be on camera?

by Anonymousreply 3307/14/2012

For the role, Matt will have to learn whre the vagina is, and how to penetrate it. He wll also need to learn the approximate lcation of te clitoris, G-spot, and cervix. I can recommend some good trainers. The straights will never know the difference!

by Anonymousreply 3407/14/2012

"All this belittling talk and hatred."

LOL. Not finding him attractive or thinkng he's a good actor is "hatred"?

The world really has become infantile and dumbed down.

by Anonymousreply 3507/14/2012

A straight actor will get the role as CG in 50, Ian Somerhalder is fav to get the part.

by Anonymousreply 3607/14/2012

He's always struck me as attractive but bland so the fact that so many here get their panties in such a twist about him is incomprehensible.

If he were straight, he'd be just as famous as he is today, since for all intents and purposes he was straight in the mind of the average before he came out.

by Anonymousreply 3707/14/2012

After the Monty Clift biopic, which will come to be at the proper time, there won't be much waffling about whether or not Matt can act. It could be his role of a lifetime, and I bet he'll make it work.

by Anonymousreply 3807/16/2012

by Anonymousreply 3907/16/2012

No. He'd never do better than the lead in a Lifetime TV movie.

by Anonymousreply 4007/16/2012

50 is shit,funny how many of u actually think Matt would beg for a role like that?! Career burner,that one is. PS, even an idiot knows Hollywood isn't all about ACTING.How many great artists there are in avengers and Ted?They filled the seats,they are the heroes.Bomer's look scores higher than his acting skills,I'll give you that,but that doesn't prove he can't act,hell even Nicole kidman can get an oscar.(not saying bomer will ever land that yet again who knows? You can never be too old to win an oscar)

by Anonymousreply 4107/19/2012

Honestly he's too good looking. It reminds me of a cyborg.

by Anonymousreply 4207/19/2012

he's a big star?

by Anonymousreply 4307/19/2012

[r21]= stupid -- very stupid -- hausfrau

by Anonymousreply 4407/19/2012

I don't know how someone can say that only gay guys or teen girls find Matt Bomer attractive. I'm 24/female (not one of Bomer's interns lol) and I think he is mad good looking. His face is PERFECT and the fact that he is gay doesn't come in the way of me finding him good looking or sexy. His eyes, jawline, hair, smile does make him a little too pretty at times but if you see his interviews and stuff you can tell that he has a great personality to go with that face and is very humble. That makes him less of a doll to me a more of a likable person who also happens to be drop dead gorgeous.

If he's not into women in real life so what, he plays a straight character very convincingly on White Collar and a lot of straight females dig him. I find him a decent actor too,his face is very expressive and I love him in the role of Neal Caffrey.In Magic Mike he was just eye candy but I found him hilarious in his guest spot on Glee.How could anyone say that was bad acting? Oh well, to each his own I guess.

Even though I don't really want him to be associated with a trashy series like 50 shades, I think it would be rather interesting to see a young openly gay actor play the lead male role in a chick flick. He could totally pull it off.

by Anonymousreply 4507/21/2012

Matt Bomer is probably the only actor ive seen in a long time that I can honestly say is gorgeous. Yeah, he's gay. But that doesn't keep me from thinking about him in all sorts of incredibly interesting things about him. I think he picks and chooses the roles he wants and doesn't want. As an adult female i still think he's handsome. Not pretty, but handsome. His character as Neal caffrey has a lot of depth and he portrays it all so well. Matt is a very gifted actor but i don't think his sexuality is what's holding him back (believe me, i wish it was so he'd hurry up and change) but he could be the most famous actor in history (outside of Johnny depp) if he went after every role like some actors do.

by Anonymousreply 4609/30/2012

R28, it's always been like that around here. A certain segment of posters have nothing but contempt for out gay men.

by Anonymousreply 4709/30/2012

No. Pretty sure there was contempt for his PR team before Matt was out too.

by Anonymousreply 4809/30/2012

Not necessarily, OP. Hollywood has always been full of gorgeous actors, and Matt definitely falls in that category. However, he has zero charisma/personality. He's merely competent as an actor...not bad, not good, just...there. The Normal Heart might change that, but keep in mind it'll be directed by Ryan Murphy (who's quite capable of turning schlock into camp).

by Anonymousreply 4909/30/2012

The population didn't know he was gay until a few months ago, OP, so no.

by Anonymousreply 5009/30/2012

by Anonymousreply 5109/30/2012

...he wouldn't have this gorgeous ass

by Anonymousreply 5210/11/2012

No, because he's a forgettable actor. There are dubious actors like Brad Pitt who are big stars, but they have more distinct looks than Bomer, as handsome as he is.

by Anonymousreply 5310/11/2012

All his other threads are full.

So what's next for Bomer? He got snubbed at the Emmys and White Collar is done.

by Anonymousreply 5608/31/2014

This one isn't full and asks the same question you asked.

Do a search, lazybones!

by Anonymousreply 5708/31/2014

R57 Thank you asshole!

by Anonymousreply 5808/31/2014

He looks dumb. So no.

by Anonymousreply 5908/31/2014

oh god so much jealous queens

yes if he was a straight actor, he would be a big star because he lost some roles such as Superman and 50 shad of grey becuase he was gay

and he is a good actor and he show it in The normal heart and he desrve Emmy and golden globe and also he was people favorite tv actor too.

by Anonymousreply 6001/14/2015

and i think some straight actors who are big stars can not act too

and i do not know why somethimes , some of gay people are bitter toward other gays

for god sake after a long time there is a openly gay actor like Bomer who can act and even sing and people believe that he is very beautiful and quite talent and he has class and even straight women want him to play a straigt sex symbol like CG and he can change some idea about gay comminuty and you hate him and can not see his success and whant him to go down instead of supporting him

by Anonymousreply 6101/14/2015

Sure there are some crabs in barrell type commenters here, but not everyone is.

I don't think Matt would ever be a big leading man because he's too boyish (that's not a euphemism for fem). He's not an alpha type. And that's ok. And indeed, not all leading men are alpha types, but most are.

by Anonymousreply 6201/14/2015

[quote]If Matt Bomer was a straight actor...

by Anonymousreply 6301/14/2015

this thread is THREE YEARS OLD, ASSHOLE!

by Anonymousreply 6401/14/2015

you are super ASSHOLE!

i only find this yesterday

by Anonymousreply 6501/15/2015

No, he's would not. Gay, straight, whatever. He's boring. And that's a desl breaker.

by Anonymousreply 6601/15/2015

agree 61

but there is some boyish actor such as zac efron and Joseph Gordon-Levitt and LEO Di caprio and ORLANDO BLOOM who are straight and successful

and some alpha actors who are successful but can not act

by Anonymousreply 6701/15/2015

R60 he didn't lose the 50 shades role. Seemed like he had no interest in it anyway. People need to stop talking about him not doing that movie. It would not have been a good choice for him or anyone, IMO. He wouldn't have been cast but that's beside the point bc he never went out for the part. So tired of 50 shades...

by Anonymousreply 6801/15/2015

oh [66] he is boring

no he is not boring ... he only has a quiet life not lots of scandals

what should he do ???????? like Kardashians be a fame whore or like Bieber use drug and every minute take a selfie and post in instagram

or like some actors who are in close every month get involved with a bear

by Anonymousreply 6901/15/2015

yes i agree

he was not interested in this film but fans wanted him and made a petition and collect near 90,000 signatures

by the way it is not a good film a film only about a man who is a control freak and beat his love

and even now some fans of books not fan of Matt believe that Matt is their only CG and it shows people can believe Matt as straight

and he was great in THE NORMAL HEART

they must give him some opportunity to prove himself

by Anonymousreply 7001/15/2015

it was not a big deal but Bret Easton Ellis made a big deal and in lots of tweets about that Matt is gay and should not play CG AND EVEN CALLED HIM TROPHY HUSBAND

i wounder how Simon and Matt did not react

by Anonymousreply 7101/15/2015

He wouldn't be any bigger than he is. He's too stiff and boring plus he has always-wide, serial killer eyes.

by Anonymousreply 7201/15/2015

oh another jealous queen

he is not boring and his eyes is not like serial killers .. you think his eyes is not beautiful you are in minority because a lot of people think his eyes is very beautiful

if you do not like somebody no problem but at least do not write some bullshit

by Anonymousreply 7301/15/2015

r73 Stop coming here every hour and replying to yourself

by Anonymousreply 7401/15/2015

Ah, and he just won a Golden Globe! Jealous queen!

by Anonymousreply 7501/15/2015

no 74

you stop come here and writhe some bullshit about something only yourself believe in

by Anonymousreply 7601/15/2015

If he were "straight," he'd be playing reformed dudebros turned accessories to insecure women in shitty romcoms until he was too old to still pull it off convincingly.

by Anonymousreply 7701/15/2015

If he was straight, Simon would have still been able to tap that ass, because Hollywood.

by Anonymousreply 7801/15/2015

if you do not like someone it is your business

but i can not understand you , you do not like him , do not read about him and do not come here when there is a thread about Matt very simple.

i understand it when people disagree about celebrities and have different ideas about their talent but it make me angry when people say something about others apprentice.

by Anonymousreply 7901/15/2015

How many times in a week do you think Matt and Simon have sex?

Considering Simon's age and three kids consuming most of their energy during the day.

by Anonymousreply 8001/15/2015

I'm confused by OP's question, if Bomer were straight or if he were a actor you mean? Or both?

by Anonymousreply 8101/15/2015

apprentice. = appearance

i was so angry i made a mistake

by Anonymousreply 8201/15/2015

R82 you are OBSESSED. Step away from the computer.

Here, go chew on this for a while.

by Anonymousreply 8301/15/2015

ha ha ha very funny 81

he is a actor no doubt about

maybe in your mind he is not a actor no problem you need your pills

everything would be fine

by Anonymousreply 8401/15/2015

no i am good 83 but you in the other hand really really need your pills . Are you high or something?????

first the bullshit about serial killer eyes , now the bullshit about his act

by Anonymousreply 8501/15/2015
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!