Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

That Ellen DeGeneres is a classy lady.

Saw today's show with the First Lady, the kids from the school she supports and Daniel Radcliff.

She would make an excellent Ambassador to some troubled nation.

And, she looks great for 52.

by Anonymousreply 102February 12, 2018 8:58 PM

Some troubled nation in a bottle

by Anonymousreply 1February 3, 2012 12:10 AM

According to wikipedia.org, Ellen DeGeneres was born January 26, 1958, in Metairie, Louisiana. She is 54.

by Anonymousreply 2February 3, 2012 12:17 AM

Love Ellen.

by Anonymousreply 3February 3, 2012 12:19 AM

I look better -- and I'm 53.

by Anonymousreply 4February 3, 2012 12:39 AM

thought it ws reported on here that she was a nasty drunk

by Anonymousreply 5February 3, 2012 12:42 AM

Classy lady? C'mon OP, she looks like she pees standing up.

by Anonymousreply 6February 3, 2012 12:43 AM

"And, she looks great for 52."

Hey, thanks for the laugh!

by Anonymousreply 7March 9, 2012 10:29 PM

Is that a baby hosting a talk show?

by Anonymousreply 8March 9, 2012 10:38 PM

Let's not forget that comics are violently depressed people. : )

by Anonymousreply 9March 9, 2012 11:08 PM

It's one thing to look "great" at 54, it's another to look "19" at 58, like me.

You know what I'm saying?

Thank you.

by Anonymousreply 10March 9, 2012 11:11 PM

That's just when she's on camera, OP. I'm not saying how or where, but I've heard her berate an underling.

Also, I don't know that she looks great for her age. She definitely looks her age, though and her wardrobe choices only highlight her age.

by Anonymousreply 11March 9, 2012 11:18 PM

True, she dresses like a grandpa, but I can't picture her in more feminine attire. It would be weird.

by Anonymousreply 12March 9, 2012 11:25 PM

Is "That Ellen DeGeneres" different from this Ellen DeGeneres, or from Ellen DeGeneres?

by Anonymousreply 13March 9, 2012 11:30 PM

She's absolutely impossible off-stage.

by Anonymousreply 14March 9, 2012 11:33 PM

I'm home sick and watching her show right now. I think she looks great. Did she start using Botox? It looks like a lot of her wrinkles have diminished.

by Anonymousreply 15March 9, 2012 11:37 PM

Anyone know if she got alot of pussy?

by Anonymousreply 16May 10, 2012 5:08 PM

She's nasty. I mean how perverted are you when your lead question to the First Lady of the United States is, "Do you want to do some scissoring?"

by Anonymousreply 17May 13, 2012 8:49 AM

I never fell for her happy-happy shit that she does on her show. It just seems so fake.

by Anonymousreply 18May 13, 2012 9:58 AM

Much plastic surgery, and she is looking good. Before he started kissing her ass, Howard Stern recounted the ways he had been told she mistreated her staff, including asking them to write jokes (all-nighters) for awards shows and not thanking them, berating staff, basically being the opposite, real world version of the (predictably) fake tv version. Her extremely manipulative 'pet episode' with the adoption agency was a peek into how spoiled, unwavering, irrational celebrities behave when faced with common sense rulings that are in place to protect animals, not the whims of 'talent-lite' public figures/comedy simulators.

by Anonymousreply 19May 13, 2012 3:23 PM

Unfortunate, it's well known that she's a miserable bitch in private.

by Anonymousreply 20May 13, 2012 3:35 PM

She's had lots of subtle nips and tucks. Just compare her face now to about 5 years ago.

In The Love Letter she had wrinkles, tits and an ass - she has none now.

by Anonymousreply 21May 13, 2012 4:16 PM

You must admit that there's nobody who can compare to Ellen when it comes to dancing. Her rhythm and grace can't be matched.

by Anonymousreply 22May 13, 2012 4:23 PM

She's not a bitch, she's just tired from moving all the time.

by Anonymousreply 23May 13, 2012 4:25 PM

The only thing I don't like about Ellen is that she makes celebrities play stupid games. I think that's beneath them, and embarrassing.

by Anonymousreply 24May 13, 2012 4:33 PM

But, R24, the sheriff said to gain acceptance you have to crawl around on your hands and knees, begging.

by Anonymousreply 25May 13, 2012 4:35 PM

[quote]She's had lots of subtle nips and tucks. Just compare her face now to about 5 years ago.

A man with a trophy wife would not give a shit about his looks. At least DeGeneres tries to keep up.

by Anonymousreply 26May 13, 2012 4:45 PM

Keeping up with what? The current trajectory of surgical butchery in the name of beauty?

by Anonymousreply 27May 13, 2012 4:52 PM

Cant stand this crass money grubbing bitch. She should just have the sex change she dresses like a man all the time now. Her stint on american idol where she really had no place and her cosmetics commercials where she has no place either because shes fucking ugly only reinforce to me how greedy and delusional she is.

by Anonymousreply 28May 13, 2012 5:34 PM

"...how perverted are you when your lead question to the First Lady of the United States is, "Do you want to do some scissoring?"

"And how bout I just stick my dick into you and we'll call it even?"

by Anonymousreply 29May 13, 2012 5:49 PM

She plans to wear a gown when she gets the Mark Twain award at the Kennedy Center in October.

by Anonymousreply 30May 16, 2012 6:31 AM

Ellen helps victim of gay bullying -

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31September 13, 2012 7:09 PM

She has a ball sack.

by Anonymousreply 32September 13, 2012 7:21 PM

She ruined my life!

by Anonymousreply 33September 13, 2012 7:31 PM

She's wonderful - for a depressed, angry, controlling, two-face, alcoholic bitch.

by Anonymousreply 34September 13, 2012 7:32 PM

Ellen looks incredible for her age. It is an insult that she meets with the first lady, she should meet with Obama directly as should Rosie O.

Leave the first lady to meet with the lipstick lesbians and interior decorator/fashion type gay males with TV talk shows.

by Anonymousreply 35September 13, 2012 8:10 PM

"She would make an excellent Ambassador to some troubled nation.

And, she looks great for 52."

Jesus, are you stupid. She's just a stupid celebrity, you dumbass. And she looks like she's always looked: like a plain man.

by Anonymousreply 36September 13, 2012 8:19 PM

"And, she looks great for 52."

ANYBODY CAN! For only $30,000.

by Anonymousreply 37September 13, 2012 8:29 PM

[quote]She should just have the sex change she dresses like a man all the time now.

Jealous she dresses better than you, Sir?

by Anonymousreply 38September 13, 2012 8:40 PM

She is a Republican who is best buds with Mary Cheney.

It is in her book, so go run out and read it.

by Anonymousreply 39September 13, 2012 9:14 PM

I'm not an Ellen fan or for that matter a foe. But, I don't think she looks all that hot for 52. Ellen was on Leno the other night and she looked like an old lady. Granted, the tonight show has cut all unnecessary expenses so they may not have makeup lady on staff anymore.

If Ellen is a rethug, then I will learn to hate her.

by Anonymousreply 40September 13, 2012 9:18 PM

Did this turn into a parody thread?

by Anonymousreply 41September 13, 2012 9:27 PM

She should be the next ambassador to libya

by Anonymousreply 42September 13, 2012 9:36 PM

lol@r42!

by Anonymousreply 43September 13, 2012 9:46 PM

Anyone notice that Ellen also had a nose job when she had that facelift?

Before:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44September 13, 2012 9:53 PM

She looks great with the super frosted lense on those Cover girl commercials, too. Seriously, what demographic are they trolling with her as a spokes-dude? And what drugs do they give her audience to pee themselves everytime she opens her mouth? blech.

by Anonymousreply 45September 13, 2012 10:21 PM

She looked like Hillary Clinton

by Anonymousreply 46September 13, 2012 10:22 PM

Loved her sitcom but find the frenzied party atmosphere of her talk show to be creepy. Megachurch creepy.

by Anonymousreply 47September 13, 2012 10:31 PM

She's too syrupy sweet and sycophantic for my taste. She really piles it on during an interview. I much preferred Rosie back in the day - when she sucked up to people, at least she made sure she was self deprecating with it.

by Anonymousreply 48September 13, 2012 11:08 PM

i don't like her. or her anorexic suffering perfect wife porsha.

the only thing i like is that they didn't breed anymore mough breathers.

by Anonymousreply 49September 13, 2012 11:15 PM

I have just returned form my wickens store and have all my materials to construct my Ellen doll to stuff with pins, needles and phalluses. I will teach her not to be a rethuglican. I will also pull her hair out so she will go bald too.

by Anonymousreply 50September 13, 2012 11:41 PM

I just looked at current pictures of her and I don't believe she had anything done to her nose. I have no idea if she had any other type of cosmetic surgery but her nose is the same. It just looks smaller because she has a more flattering hair style.

by Anonymousreply 51September 13, 2012 11:48 PM

Ellen with Lauren Graham

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52September 23, 2012 12:21 AM

Thanks, R52. Lauren is adorable.

by Anonymousreply 53September 23, 2012 12:48 AM

When I learned she has a ranch for abused and/or abandoned animals, I stopped hating her.

by Anonymousreply 54September 23, 2012 1:18 AM

You know, I just read that JK Rowling dropped from the list of billionaires. Part of the reason is, she donates millions of dollars to charities (so far more than $100 million).

What has Ellen done with her wealth aside from flipping houses?

by Anonymousreply 55September 23, 2012 1:26 AM

R41, I thought it began as a parody thread....

by Anonymousreply 56September 23, 2012 1:29 AM

a friend worked for her. she's a miserable person who suffers from intense paranoia. the staff of her show hates her. i can't go into specific stories, but she's unstable and volatile. not good.

i was actually disappointed to find this out because i always really liked her. she's great at what she does and i respect what she's done for LGBT youth, but i would never want to deal with her off-camera.

by Anonymousreply 57September 23, 2012 3:14 AM

Why is Portia with her? Money?

by Anonymousreply 58September 23, 2012 3:23 AM

r57, is it related to a drinking problem? That seems to always come up in discussions about her. What's to be paranoid about? What could she possibly be hiding?

by Anonymousreply 59September 23, 2012 4:09 AM

She has always been overly emotional and neurotic. When she gave interviews for her first sitcom, pre-coming-out, she was crying. The network was forcing her to stay in. It ws important for her to come out on TV. I'm glad she eventually did, but she's a bit of a loose cannon and megalomaniac.

by Anonymousreply 60September 23, 2012 4:20 AM

HHAHHAAHAHHHHHHHHAHHAHHAHAHAHHHHHHHH.No one in this business is classy

by Anonymousreply 61September 23, 2012 4:25 AM

Impossible to imagine anyone succeeding in television without being controlling and paranoid.

Men exhibiting such behavior are considered 'driven' or 'exacting', and possibly 'assholic'. Yet a woman is 'insecure', 'paranoid' and 'emotional'.

by Anonymousreply 62September 23, 2012 4:49 AM

I interviewed for a job (personal assistant/house) for her & Portia once. Everybody I knew BEGGED me to not even go to the interview. I could not ffind ONE person in LA who had anything nice to say about her. The stories keep coming & supposedly Portia is an unhappy kept woman. At least she has her animals.

by Anonymousreply 63September 23, 2012 5:21 AM

[quote]Before he started kissing her ass, Howard Stern recounted the ways he had been told she mistreated her staff, including asking them to write jokes (all-nighters) for awards shows and not thanking them, berating staff, basically being the opposite, real world version of the (predictably) fake tv version.

During the writers' strike, someone who had worked on the Ellen show (don't know the capacity) put up a blog that others contributed to, that detailed Ellen's abusive episodes and general assholery (e.g. cheap with the Christmas bonus). It was linked here.

by Anonymousreply 64September 23, 2012 6:33 AM

[quote]What's to be paranoid about?

Like a lot of successful people she thinks the only reason people are interested in her is because they want to profit from the connection. She may be right.

It doesn't excuse being a shitty boss.

by Anonymousreply 65September 23, 2012 6:50 AM

Did you go r63?

by Anonymousreply 66September 23, 2012 7:57 AM

from an old gossiplist mailing (culled from datalounge)....

Ellen Revealed

This is more dirt we received on Ellen.

i think ellen is probably nice to fans, but incredibly vile to the people who work for her. remember a former writer's assistant posted this during the strike? --- I don't know how Ellen treats her current writers, but I can tell you about how she treated the previous batch: Like shit.

People tend to be disappointed when I answer the " What was Ellen really like?" question by suggesting she must be a very talented actress to convince America she's nice. We'd watch her in rehearsals, smiling and winning us over with her charm and comic timing. Then the director would yell cut, her face would fall, and she'd level a glare at the writers. "Why do you keep writing these unfunny jokes?" she'd hiss. [...]

We saw her through her first time hosting the Emmies, and many of our writers penned that material. They wrote jokes for three versions of the show after the telecast kept getting postponed because of 9/11. Finally, it aired (opposite Game 7 of the World Series, no less) and Ellen did a great job with great material. The next day, staff and crew greeted her with a hearty round of applause. Did she thank the writers for their jokes, or at least their hard work? Here's what I remember her saying: "I felt like I really reasserted myself in the industry last night."

Later I heard she blamed the show's cancellation on 9/11 delaying the premiere.

A few years ago, I was told this story by a friend. who had just had lunch with a friend who used to work at the ellen degeneres show until a few years ago. friend said that ellen is a complete asshole and the opposite of her public image. apparently this is public knowledge but whatever.

one of her stories... when the writers strike happened, ellen's head writer (at the time) told ellen she should take some time off to support the writers, it would look bad if she didn't, etc. ellen said absolutely not. so the writers strike happens, ellen gets bad press for continuing on air. when the strike ends and the writers come back to work, ellen calls in the head writer and immediately fires her for "not warning her about the bad press she would get if she kept shooting the show during the strike." not only does she fire this person (who apparently was one of her closest friends for many years and regularly appeared on the show), she strips away all responsibilities of the head writer's fiance, who also worked at the show. systematically went after the fiance until that person is basically forced to quit as well.

friend said ellen regularly throws tantrums behind the scenes in which she cries and carries on like a crazy bitch. also said she is incredibly paranoid to the point of it being frightening.

by Anonymousreply 67September 23, 2012 5:52 PM

Wow, I think I hate this bitch now.

by Anonymousreply 68September 23, 2012 6:25 PM

I recall the story about the head writer. Another of the stories had Ellen either forgetting or not really caring to give her writers Christmas bonuses. When reminded, she produced some Amex gift cards of rather small demonminations. Didn't cost her a cent.

I can't find the blog. It was rather inflammatory even if correct, so whoever did it probably took it down for career reasons. Part of it seems preserved in R67's post. D-Listed mentioned some of it.

by Anonymousreply 69September 23, 2012 7:04 PM

DLer from Downunder here -

Always thought Degeneres was mildly amusing in her sitcom - and some of her early standup was ok too - but I can't watch her on her talk show at all - she creeps me out! Comes across as utterly fake. And get the feeling there's something nasty underneath that could explode to the surface at any minute...

Can't understand how she can be so popular when she's so false & creepy (but then - I kinda felt that about Martha Stewart as well on the couple of occasions I saw her - so maybe it's just me...lol)

by Anonymousreply 70September 23, 2012 7:24 PM

Tell us about Jenny Craig, R70. Mitt Romney lavished some praise on her lately (Jenny Craig is dead to me! thread). Besides having celebrity endorsers, we don't know much about her.

by Anonymousreply 71September 23, 2012 7:27 PM

You can just tell the people who are playing the game to make have a gig and make money: Ellen, Angelina, Rosie did it, Leno. But behind it all they are Machiavellian cunts.

by Anonymousreply 72September 23, 2012 7:30 PM

I think it was Kathy G that said she was tough on her sitcom but that she had to be because it was her show. I remember thinking that Kathy (I think it was Kathy) was trying to hint at the old, but truthful saying, if she had been male, she would be described as "tough" but female she's a "bitch".

by Anonymousreply 73September 23, 2012 8:05 PM

Love ellen . she is definitely the best part of my day sometimes .

by Anonymousreply 74September 24, 2012 4:48 AM

Can't understand how she can be so popular when she's so false & creepy (but then - I kinda felt that about Martha Stewart as well on the couple of occasions I saw her - so maybe it's just me...lol)

no, you're just Aussie.

by Anonymousreply 75September 24, 2012 4:52 AM

r57 -- that comes after a year or two of being a vegan.

Seriously. Vegans don't get enough B-12, and/or enough of the calming amino acids that make calming neurotransmitters. The diets are also high in copper and low in zinc, which eventually create problems as well...

by Anonymousreply 76February 19, 2013 3:50 AM

r67 -- that info is TWELVE years old. She may have changed, especially since finding love with Portia?

by Anonymousreply 77February 19, 2013 4:04 AM

I know a person who worked on Ellen's show at one time, and she's a mean bitch in private. She's had a ton of face work done and it takes a lot of work in the makeup room to cover some of it up - apparently there is some scar tissue. Also, she's a drunk. She apparently drinks at home at night and frequently shows up hungover to work. My friend told me that Ellen is nothing like her public image - she's a capital "B" Bitch behind the scenes.

This is all first-hand from my friend, but I know many of you won't believe it. Whatever, I don't care.

by Anonymousreply 78February 19, 2013 4:41 AM

I'd suck her dick

by Anonymousreply 79February 19, 2013 4:49 AM

r78, i have real first hand knowledge, not by friend, but me. my experience with her; she was friendly and great to work with. Others I've talked to said the same.

Not everyone is always a bitch or an angel.

by Anonymousreply 80February 19, 2013 7:57 AM

she's a scheming cunt

by Anonymousreply 81April 3, 2014 7:29 AM

R69 do you know what my and my colleagues Christmas bonus is - a lunch out at the cheapest venue in town on the last day at work before the Christmas holidays and £15.00 cash to spend at the bar. Now that's cheap.

by Anonymousreply 82April 3, 2014 10:20 AM

Ellen will be on QVC on Friday, October 24, 2014 at 8 PM EST.

by Anonymousreply 83October 14, 2014 4:30 PM

I detest her. Ever since I read that she had a house worth $50 million, I cannot abide her. No one needs a house that is worth that much -- and then to have the nerve to ask other people to donate their hard-earned money for her charitable causes. Hey! How about getting a $5 million house, and donating $45 million of YOUR money first, bitch?

by Anonymousreply 84October 14, 2014 4:34 PM

R81 had to bump a 1 1/2 year old thread to let us know "she's is a scheming cunt?"

by Anonymousreply 85October 14, 2014 4:46 PM

I think she's tremendous.

by Anonymousreply 86October 14, 2014 4:50 PM

Just because Ellen hosts the first-Tranny on her talk show doesn't quite make her qualified to be an ambassador.

by Anonymousreply 87October 14, 2014 5:01 PM

Ellen knows how to play to an audience. She is like Johnny Carson, a jerk in private but knows how to win over people.

When asked why he had controversial guests on his show yet only asked them the benign, he answered, "What possibly could I gain by engaging in controversy?"

by Anonymousreply 88October 14, 2014 6:00 PM

r76 is talking out of her ass.

by Anonymousreply 89October 14, 2014 6:15 PM

Why do you girls adore a woman who dresses and looks like a man?

by Anonymousreply 90October 14, 2014 6:16 PM

Ellen is too drunk to be a scheming cunt. Besides, I like scheming cunts.

by Anonymousreply 91October 14, 2014 6:24 PM

Can't stand her show or her extreme phoney personality AND I hate her dancing.

UGH.

Move on. She could only be an ambassador to some cold dead asteroid.

by Anonymousreply 92October 15, 2014 1:13 AM

She's NUTS

by Anonymousreply 93October 15, 2014 1:27 AM

She must either look terrible in person, or be incredibly insecure to feel they needed this much gauze over the lens (or heavy CGI work). So out of focus she's almost unrecognizable...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 94October 24, 2015 7:10 AM

And what she really looks like, lines and all:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 95October 24, 2015 7:18 AM

r74 Dude, I hope your life has improved immeasurably over the last 3+ years, because your post is one of the saddest statements I have ever read.

by Anonymousreply 96October 24, 2015 11:46 AM

Do we have an open ambassador's post in Damascus?

by Anonymousreply 97October 24, 2015 12:12 PM

[quote] AND I hate her dancing

She hates it too, almost said so on Stern. But she feels stuck because the audience expects it so she feels she can't stop.

I'm sure the loathes the entire show altogether as it's become a loud obnoxious lot of nothing.

by Anonymousreply 98October 24, 2015 2:04 PM

R96 Hate, hate, hate

by Anonymousreply 99October 24, 2015 10:48 PM

What gets me is that so many people think she's so generous and thoughtful, giving her rabid-fans new cars if they write in with some sob story.

Are they really that stupid? Shutterfly seems to be the one paying for most everything, plus other corporate sponsors. But it ain't lil' Ellen.

by Anonymousreply 100December 1, 2015 5:51 AM

R98 I just stopped watching Ellen about 19 months ago. Nothing in particular pushed me to stop except her musical guests were sometimes not great.

Got tired of her 'game show' gig where people were selected from the audience to play this Question and Answer game or be dunked in a tub of water. (You've seen one dunk, you've seen them all).

Got tired of the cash and car give-aways to people struggling for whatever reasons.

Got tired of her musical child prodigy segments.

The interviews with 'movie stars' were just shameless plugs foe current film, book or product.

She doesn't seem to be a particularly good interviewer. I know she's not Charlie Rose but seeing Johnny Depp, Nicki Minaj, Jennifer Aniston do the standard 'edgy' interview became pretty stale fast.

Got tired of her "Who's in my Bushes" set.

She thought" she had a fool-proof formula for a time in terms of program structure, it was 'about for me

by Anonymousreply 101December 1, 2015 6:39 AM

I love Pink, but she needs to get rid of that Pink theme song already.

by Anonymousreply 102February 12, 2018 8:58 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!