Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Whose Republican Allegiance Bothers You the Very Most?

For me, it's Robert Duvall. I love him so much as an actor that it just drives me crazy.

I got over the Jon Voight thing, but Duvall...

by Anonymousreply 12006/04/2014

Who?

by Anonymousreply 102/02/2012

It's your $18, OP.

by Anonymousreply 202/02/2012

the voters

by Anonymousreply 402/02/2012

Kelsey Gtrammer may be insane, but he's intelligent, and good about G&L issues. So it's frustrating.

Loretta Lynn makes me sad. It's akin to finding out that Julia Child was a huge homophobe.

by Anonymousreply 502/02/2012

Gary Sinese

by Anonymousreply 702/02/2012

Anderson Cooper

I loved Jon Voight in Midnight Cowboy and nothing will stop me from watching it, but I despise him now. The only thing I've watched Duvall in is a Twilight Zone episode, but he has said some nasty things about President Obama so fuck him.

by Anonymousreply 802/02/2012

Sorry. It's Sinise

by Anonymousreply 902/02/2012

James Caan. Because he is a gay basher too, and won't even accept his own gay son.

by Anonymousreply 1002/02/2012

Tom Selleck

by Anonymousreply 1102/02/2012

Robert Downey Jr. and David Lynch. Ok Lynch is not an actor, but my dismay is the same.

Bummer about Duvall. I didn't know.

by Anonymousreply 1202/02/2012

Christine Ebersole. She was so good as Little Edie in the Grey Gardens musical and loved the line about East Hampton being a "mean nasty Republican town." Came to find out later Christine is a GOPer.

by Anonymousreply 1302/02/2012

Patricia Heaton spews the garbage party line. Someone told me its actually an act, to give her an unexpected edge to her career. So she's really an in the closet Dem ? Only in Hollywood.

by Anonymousreply 1402/03/2012

Ebersole is hard. Yikes. Didn't know that.

James Earl Jones is another one that makes me sad.

by Anonymousreply 1502/03/2012

Angelina HOlie is a closet Republican, which is no suprise since her dad is one.

by Anonymousreply 1602/03/2012

Victoria Jackson

by Anonymousreply 1702/03/2012

I thought Christine Ebersole did some slam delivery against Republicans a few years ago at the Tony Awards.

by Anonymousreply 1802/03/2012

She may have made a joke, but the lunacy runs deep.

She's a registered Repbublican and a Ron Paul supporter.

by Anonymousreply 1902/04/2012

You don't know crazy until you've read the ramblings of Michael Moriarty. A truly certified nut.

by Anonymousreply 2002/04/2012

I honestly do not understand how someone like Ebersole could be a Ron Paul supporter.

by Anonymousreply 2102/04/2012

These are all higher income people. Why are you surprised at all?

by Anonymousreply 2202/04/2012

R14, that was actually a BI from last year about a network actress that aligns herself with the Repugs but isn't really a sincere Republican. But that BI is about Angie Harmon, not Patricia Heaton.

by Anonymousreply 2305/15/2012

Angie Harmon is definitely a Repub. She probably is okay with equal marriage rights, but she's a big time hawk. (Also, a seriously shitty actress.)

by Anonymousreply 2405/15/2012

Lots of older actors like Duvall and Eastwood who are in their seventies and eighties are old time Republicans form when they weren't the enemy of anyone not rich.

by Anonymousreply 2505/15/2012

No person that votes for the current republicans have an ounce of human compassion. This lot would like the USA to become a Christian Communist Republic, run much like Iran.

by Anonymousreply 2605/15/2012

Angie Harmon.

Is David Lynch really a Republican?

by Anonymousreply 2705/15/2012

Like her or love her, R24, Angie Harmon is a good actress and she is the one in that BI. The thing about her is that she isn't a very devout Republican like Patricia Heaton and she is in favor of gay rights. Don't forget that a lot of Republicans are switching teams now that gay equality is on the table. Don't attack before you know what they are supporting.

And yes, R27, David Lynch is really a Republican.

by Anonymousreply 2805/15/2012

Robert Downey Jr? He was just at the Clooney Obama fundraiser.

by Anonymousreply 2905/15/2012

[quote]This comes as a shock to us, since we’ve heard info on this very conservative, mostly network Television actress before. Apparently, this actress claims to be extremely politically conservative in print and in interviews, but is really ambivalent about politics in real life. She only claims to hold her political beliefs to ‘stand out’ amongst the crowd in Hollywood. She gabbed to our source that she’s been so successful in network TV because ‘conservative idiots’ think she’s like-minded and watch her show because of it.

Angie Harmon is the answer. Heaton comes from a democratic family and she seems unstable at times. Angie Harmon has always been more flexible and her L&O character was written after her. Meaning that the Carmichael character made her popular for being Republican and fron Texas something that Harmon is in RL.

by Anonymousreply 3005/15/2012

Yes, R29. A lot of Republicans are switching teams.

by Anonymousreply 3105/15/2012

So you're suggesting that Robert Downey Jr. was once a Republican? I don't ever recall such a thing. A Bush supporter?

by Anonymousreply 3205/15/2012

[quote]James Caan. Because he is a gay basher too, and won't even accept his own gay son.

When he was in NYC James Caan had a long-term male lover, so I doubt your story.

by Anonymousreply 3305/15/2012

Yes, R32. He was a republican supporter. And that is somehow difficult for you to understand, why? Because he is a drugged out, bisexual actor? Duh...

by Anonymousreply 3405/15/2012

"Don't forget that a lot of Republicans are switching teams now that gay equality is on the table. Don't attack before you know what they are supporting."

If the only reason you have for not being a Republican is gay rights, I still have no respect for you. They are wrong on everything, not just this issue.

by Anonymousreply 3505/15/2012

Angie Harmon is NOT in favor of gay rights.At least ten years ago she wasn't. Even Fred Thompson knew to keep his opinions quiet on the set about his views. And Harmon CANNOT act.

As others mentioned, Robert DuVall, Christine Ebersole, Kelsey Grammer, and apparently Anderson are disappointing in their political mindset.

Moriary had a mental breakdown so that would explain his extreme conservative views.

I also want to add Ted Nugent,Gene Hackman, and Saint Angie to the list of those who should know better.

Is Willie Nelson a Republican or just lacking brain cells from all the weed he inhales?

by Anonymousreply 3705/15/2012

Did Harmon actually say hat she is not in favor of gay rights, R37? Did she make a statement or did she just say it to you? Of course she didn't, because you don't know what you talking about. Your hatred is showing, sweetie.

Kelsey Grammar, although a Republican is in favor of gay rights and so in Willie Nelson, so you can kindly fuck off, R37.

by Anonymousreply 3805/15/2012

[quote]Angie Harmon is NOT in favor of gay rights.At least ten years ago she wasn't.

Even just three years ago she wasn't in favor for gay marriage. When that Carrie Prejean bitch said she was against gay marriage, Angie Harmon defended her saying this:

[quote]On Wednesday, offering a somewhat more Proposition 8 friendly view on the controversy, former "Baywatch Nights" actress Angie Harmon defended Prejean's comments. "If someone is standing up for how they feel and talking about their beliefs, why are we punishing her for that?" Harmon tells Usmagazine.com. "I just don't understand how we've gotten to a place in America where, if someone doesn't agree with everyone, then they are punished for it." "I heard something in the car - and it was like, 'She wasn't punished,' but she lost because of it," continues Harmon. "So she was punished. I find it incredibly disappointing. I mean, that is what she thinks. That's what she believes. I'm not going to punish anyone for that. I don't know if she lost because of it, but if she did, I think that is very disappointing. In the Miss USA, she can't stand up for what she thinks or what she believes in? I don't understand that."

by Anonymousreply 3905/15/2012

I asked about Willie Nelson because I didn't know.

I know Kelsey Grammar is in favor of gay rights and is a gifted comedic actor, but he's still a Republican.

And I know about Harmon when she was on L&O.

by Anonymousreply 4005/15/2012

R39, do you lack reading comprehension? Nowhere does she say hat she supports what Prejean is saying. She is only supporting that she has a right to say what she believes in. But of course this was posted by asswipe Perez Hilton and wasn't picked up by any other news outlets. You keep on believing what you want to, R39.

by Anonymousreply 4105/15/2012

R41 = Angie

by Anonymousreply 4205/15/2012

R39 and R41 is a dumbass with reading comprehension difficulties. That was the only reply you could come up with, idiot?

by Anonymousreply 4305/15/2012

Well R34 given that you're such an asshole about it, I really doubt you. Provide a link or consider your Robert Downey Jr. information pure bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 4405/15/2012

Kelsey Grammar.

He even campaigned for the Republicans in 2008, which is a year in which even long-term Republicans like Dennis Hopper reached their breaking point and voted for Obama.

Anyone who continued to vote Republican in 2008 even after the disastrous 8 years that preceded it is dead to me.

by Anonymousreply 4605/15/2012

Adam Baldwin. I thought he was really hot, and a decent actor, and decided to follow him on Twitter. I found out that not only is he a republican, he's an insane right-wing whacko, we're talking full-on tea-party birther batshit crazy. I was stunned.

by Anonymousreply 4705/15/2012

Kevin Costner. Is it true? If so, I've lost any respect for him.

by Anonymousreply 4805/15/2012

Clint Eastwood

LL Cool J

by Anonymousreply 4905/15/2012

LL??

by Anonymousreply 5005/15/2012

Kevin Costner is a Democrat and has been for years, at least during Presidential elections.

For some reason he always like Senator Phil Gramm and donated to him, but in Presidential elections he has supported Gore, Kerry & Obama.

by Anonymousreply 5105/15/2012

liked = liked

by Anonymousreply 5205/15/2012

Please learn to read, r36. Republicanism is emptying your brain.

by Anonymousreply 5305/15/2012

Kevin Costner political donations:

by Anonymousreply 5405/15/2012

You're not Paul.

Even if Paul suddenly became a Republican, he'd know how to make a better argument than the garbage you've just posted - so good in fact, that I bet he'd have me cheering on Mitt.

All of that gibberish you wrote is what one refers to as the "dumb opinion."

by Anonymousreply 5609/14/2012

Willie Nelson did a major sponsorship of progressive talker Mike Malloy's show for Farm Aid...it's crystal clear from everything he had to say he's no Republican. He's supportive of Obama, gays, single payer healthcare, unions, farmers and is antiwar. He has a Libertarian streak re: pot. My kind of people,

by Anonymousreply 6009/14/2012

Kelly Clarkson

by Anonymousreply 6209/14/2012

[quote]I guess there's only one Paul in the world.

Yes, clearly I mean the entire world.

[quote]Do you call anything you don't want to hear gibberish?

It's not a matter of "hearing" anything, it's about reading something that is absolute nonsense and so incredibly simplistic that there's no other way to respond to it.

Why are so many gays so ungay? LOL

WTF does this even mean?

by Anonymousreply 6309/14/2012

Dennis Hopper, now that was shocking to hear, especially considering the social circles he moved in: the Warhol crowd in the 1960s, Peter Fonda and his overall 'rebel' persona, he never screamed "Republican' at all!

by Anonymousreply 6409/14/2012

Kurt Russell is a big time Republican. Wonder if Goldie is too?

by Anonymousreply 6609/14/2012

I'm still reeling from Clint Eastwood. Doubt I'll ever get over it. I'm hoping he has alzheimers to explain this late life madness.

by Anonymousreply 6709/14/2012

Heather Locklear

by Anonymousreply 7209/14/2012

Chaka Khan

by Anonymousreply 7309/14/2012

I was most disappointed by Downey Jr. But now I'm starting to wonder.

David Lynch must be a complete and total sleaze bag, if he is Repug.

Kelsey Grammer, don't like him and I'm glad he is a Repug.

by Anonymousreply 7409/14/2012

I never liked Robert Duval in any way, so I'm fine that he is a Republican. He's just another huge jerk.

by Anonymousreply 7509/14/2012

Robert Duval is a total nutbag. He went on a tirade a few years back about US movie companies coming up to Canada to film their movies. He said it was the worst thing happening and that it should be outlawed or taxed heavily. Oh by the way he was in Alberta at the time shooting a movie (in Canada).

by Anonymousreply 7609/14/2012

Chaka Khan is not a rethug.

Stone and Parker, the South Park shits.

by Anonymousreply 7709/14/2012

Kelsey Grammar. How could he work with 2 great gay actors on "Frasier" and vote for the party that makes gays 3rd class citizens?

And how could he star in "La Cage aux Folles" on Broadway while supporting Republicans who work to destroy gay people's lives?

by Anonymousreply 7909/14/2012

Joan Rivers.

How can she have started out in Greenwich Village and still support the Republicans who seek to destroy us all? Mind boggling.

by Anonymousreply 8009/14/2012

Robert Downey Jr is a big time Republican. Jon Voigt is a downright crazy republican....

WHY DID THIS HAPPEN THOUGH??

by Anonymousreply 8109/14/2012

Christine Ebersole is not a Republican. She can barely SAY the word "Republican" without vomitting.

She may well be the LEAST Republican person on earth.

by Anonymousreply 8209/14/2012

Bo Derek

How could she make a "career" from posing in nude and/or provocative pictures (some implying lesbianism), marry a bisexual thrice-divorced actor and call herself a Republican?

by Anonymousreply 8409/14/2012

I will never watch another Clint Eastwood movie.

by Anonymousreply 8509/14/2012

J ohn Derek was bi?

by Anonymousreply 8609/14/2012

For R86. Remember The A List, kids? Last updated in March 2004, after which it disappeared.

I've also read (on here?) that John Derek was peripherally associated with that Henry Wilson stable of actors/rentboys in his early Hollywood days.

by Anonymousreply 8709/14/2012

I have posted here more than once that Duvall is the most racist actor I've met.

by Anonymousreply 8809/14/2012

Details please, R88

by Anonymousreply 8909/14/2012

Whose Republican allegiance bothers me the most?

My very own cousin. And it's weird because her husband is gayer than a three-dollar bill!

by Anonymousreply 9009/14/2012

Robert Downey Jr is a Republican and a racist. I remember reading some interview with him a couple of years ago where he said that the reason for his conservativism was spending time in jail with certain "segments of the population", which was a thinly veiled racist comment.

by Anonymousreply 9109/14/2012

Tom Hanks.

by Anonymousreply 9209/14/2012

Downey Jr and so many of his compatriots in LA vote Republican mainly due to the Repubs belief that taxes should always be low. These vile multi-millionaires should be ashamed of themselves. They don't care about anything but their bank accounts and how fat they can make them.

There are some Hollywood Repubs who are vile and hateful and we skewer them regularly here. Its the quiet ones who often won't talk politics but vote Repub for their financial health who should be outed as the scum they are.

by Anonymousreply 9309/14/2012

R92?

Tom Hanks narrated the salute to veterans video for the Democratic convention.

He is a HUGE Democrat, as is Ron Howard.

by Anonymousreply 9409/14/2012

Most reformed drug addicts become conservative republicans. They have a mental illness. This illness manifests itself in addiction to drugs. They're miserable people.

Once they stop their drug addiction, they are even more miserable, which pretty much automatically makes them Republicans.

by Anonymousreply 9509/14/2012

Regarding Christine Ebersole, it says she grew up in Winnetka, Illinois. Her being a Republican would make a lot of sense.

Could care less about all the old rich white guys in Hollywood being Republican as that's the base of the Republican party.

The one name mentioned so far that really bugs me is Joan Rivers. Just do not get how a woman like her who has been through all she has in life would be a Republican.

I'm always bummed when Big Brother players I like are revealed to be Republicans. I also was sad when I heard that Adam Sandler was a Republican. And Susan Lucci (pretty sure her hubby claimed that's why she was shut out of her Emmy for many years).

But a lot of the names in this thread like Willie Nelson seem overblown. I know he supports former Republican governor Gary Johnson for president but that's just because of the pot issue. Bo Derek now says she is not a Republican, is an independent, and voted for Obama. And I just saw some list on Buzzfeed that says Gloria Estefan is a registered Republican, and yet she has hosted/attended fundraisers for Obama.

by Anonymousreply 9709/15/2012

The South park guys claim they are libertarians but they're really republicans who are moderate on social issues.

They're also total assholes.

Oh, that's right. They're republicans.

by Anonymousreply 9909/16/2012

The last political contribution Joan Rivers made was to Rudy in '99:

by Anonymousreply 10009/16/2012

Robert Downey Jr.? Really? Are you guys perhaps confusing him with Morton Downey, Jr. who was a right wing talk/radio host back in the '80s? IIRC, he's also Rebecca DeMornay's father and she distanced herself from him due to his screaming, crazy antics.

by Anonymousreply 10109/16/2012

I'd always heard Jon Cryer was a vile Republican but the only Repug he's donated to was McCain last go round for the presidency. He's been Democratic otherwise including recently.

Wonder what his story is re the McCain donation?

by Anonymousreply 10209/16/2012

So how many Republicans are jumping on the Obama train? Romney is a disaster and I can see a lot of the ones listed here voting for Obama

by Anonymousreply 10309/23/2012

Faux patriots as r101, who lurk on a gay board, bump old threads and have anti-human allegiances.

by Anonymousreply 10502/20/2013

Thanks for proving my point!

by Anonymousreply 10702/20/2013

R4 nailed it.

Considering how some of the about-to-be mentioned states used to handle their votes, Election 2012 was weird.

Arkansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Missouri, Tennessee, and West Virginia carried for Mitt Romney. They all carried for Bill Clinton and, before that, Jimmy Carter. Romney had the type of persona of a Republican politician who would have won states the GOP carried in the old electoral map: northeast states like New Hampshire, New Jersey, and Vermont. Instead of Vt., which voted for all GOPs from 1856 to 1988 (except Barry Goldwater in 1964), Romney carried Alabama and Mississippi. (Those are two states which, long term, have voted opposite Vt.) But we're in a totally different period -- and that's not regrettable -- but at least two of Ark., Ky., La., Mo., Tenn., and W.Va. should have voted for re-electing President Obama. Mo. men, in 2008, voted right about the number as they did nationally for Obama (48% in Mo. to 49% national) but the women had a stick up their ass (50% in Mo. to 56% national). Ark. women, in 2008, were pissed Hillary Clinton didn't win the Democratic nomination -- and went from 49% support (for John Kerry in 2004) down to 39% support (for Obama in 2008) -- which is, to put it kindly, abnormal in an election where the national tide of the shift was toward Obama/Democrats. And W.Va. was proudly racist against Obama, in the primaries before the general, despite that the state would have also gone for Hillary over John McCain. So they, too, voted for Romney.

It's very strange. And I'm very glad these states -- including the now ex-bellwether Missouri -- were not instrumental in determining the outcomes of the U.S. presidential elections of 2008 and 2012. Yes, it's very much appreciated.

by Anonymousreply 10902/20/2013

The guy who owns Whole Foods, John Mackey

by Anonymousreply 11002/20/2013

Bomb Texas. They have oil!

by Anonymousreply 11102/20/2013

None really. I don't think people should have strict allegiance to any party.

by Anonymousreply 11202/20/2013

R105,

You should freeper troll other sites which would do a better job meeting with your viewpoint.

You won't be fulfilled here.

In fact, you will continue to be frustrated -- politically as well with already sexually.

by Anonymousreply 11302/20/2013

r104 it's funny how your keyboard tapping mimics your airport bathroom stall tapping

by Anonymousreply 11402/20/2013

R113 here.

I meant R104.

Sorry about that.

by Anonymousreply 11502/20/2013

Joan Rivers. How could she??!!

Christine Ebersole is not a Republican but it does seem like she has gone nuts. Does anyone know if her husband is politically nuts and influencing her? She has been a huge supporter of The Gays since she was a teenager. I knew her then.

by Anonymousreply 11602/21/2013

Barack Obama. Seriously. He pretends to have these bitchy little fights with the Congressional Republicans but his agenda couldn't be more in line with theirs. On just about any issue you care to look at, if you're paying attention. If you're still distracted by the Magic Negro thing, however, then you can't see it.

by Anonymousreply 11702/21/2013

Bump.

by Anonymousreply 11806/03/2014

the late Dixie Carter

by Anonymousreply 11906/03/2014

That pleasant TV actress - Sarah Michelle Gellar.

That other one - Heather Locklear.

by Anonymousreply 12006/04/2014
Need more help? Click Here.