Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Julianne Moore looks AMAZING as Sarah Palin in Game Change.

Is she the favorite to win the Emmy?

by Anonymousreply 2503/26/2013

When the clip first showed Ed Harris I was convinced it was John McCain.

The preview reminds me of Recount complete with its ditzy Katherine Harris played by Laura Dern. I can see the teabaggers complaining about how liberals shit all over their women in politics. Keep giving us dipshits like Palin, Harris and Bachmann and you may learn the connection eventually.

by Anonymousreply 101/31/2012

When in doubt, mimicry will get you that award!

by Anonymousreply 201/31/2012

Even though I canNOT staaand Julianne Moore I might watch it.

by Anonymousreply 301/31/2012

Even though I cannot stand Palin and McCain, I might watch it. R1's right, Ed Harris looks exactly like McCain.

by Anonymousreply 401/31/2012

Why can't we all just forget about Sarah Failin? Shame on Julianne for even accepting this role. It's only going to give that freak Failin more attention.

by Anonymousreply 501/31/2012

[quote]The preview reminds me of Recount complete with its ditzy Katherine Harris played by Laura Dern

It should. It's by the same people.

by Anonymousreply 601/31/2012

I'm going to respectfully disagree with the OP.

I said this on the Game Change casting thread months ago, but IMO it bears repeating. There's a 'ripeness' about Sarah Palin that Moore cannot replicate. She looks like a piece of fruit about to burst its skin. Boobs, hips, full red lips - repulsive as she is, it's why she's such a wet dream for so many Rethugs (and men in general). Even Tina Fey's otherwise dead-on impression of her doesn't include this aspect, because Tina Fey doesn't have it either. But it's an important, if largely unspoken, part of her appeal.

Julianne, on the other hand, is too skinny, too delicate, too East Coast neurotic for the part. Moore is a terrific actress, that's not in question. But she's physically wrong for the part.

by Anonymousreply 701/31/2012

So who you pick, R7? What did you think of Gina Gershon as Palin in the Funny or Die videos?

by Anonymousreply 801/31/2012

Who would be your choice R7?

by Anonymousreply 901/31/2012

I'm so used to seeing Tina Fey as SP that my first reaction to seeing Julianne Moore is that she's not as good. She's not even trying to match the accent.

by Anonymousreply 1101/31/2012

[quote]She looks like a piece of fruit about to burst its skin. Boobs, hips, full red lips - repulsive as she is, it's why she's such a wet dream for so many Rethugs (and men in general).

The only thing she's missing is a butt.

by Anonymousreply 1201/31/2012

[quote]There's a 'ripeness' about Sarah Palin that Moore cannot replicate. She looks like a piece of fruit about to burst its skin. Boobs, hips, full red lips - repulsive as she is, it's why she's such a wet dream for so many Rethugs (and men in general).

I love this description, R7. Much as I hate Palin, she is a great looking woman. I can't think of anyone contemporary who could play her. Maybe Mariska. Raquel Welch would have been perfect back in the day.

I wonder how they'll disguise that weird sloped forehead of Moore's. I guess that's what the bangs are for. I can't see Moore being able to pull this off. She's too much of a city girl for the role.

by Anonymousreply 1301/31/2012

Is it going to be on HBO? I can't wait to see it.

by Anonymousreply 1401/31/2012

[quote]Much as I hate Palin, she is a great looking woman.

I disagree, and I'm not saying that just because I don't like her. I think she looks like a geek.

by Anonymousreply 1501/31/2012

It's all subjective, R15. I consider Palin to be far better looking than Julianne Moore.

by Anonymousreply 1601/31/2012

You are an idiot if you think Juliana Moore can't do this...she'll be perfect. What's the matter with you jerk-offs?

by Anonymousreply 1701/31/2012

Sarah Palin is tacky and dumb. Julianne Moore is intelligent. Who is better looking? It is obvious - Julianne Moore, seriously.

by Anonymousreply 1801/31/2012

Something weird just happened. I clicked on OP's link and when it took me to YouTube, there was no sound on my iPhone and there was. I sound bar at the bottom of youtube's screen, as there normally is.

So I checked a few other YouTube vids and none of them have sound or a sound bar.

WTF?

by Anonymousreply 1901/31/2012

it works ok for me,R19

by Anonymousreply 2001/31/2012

It looks like her bottom jaw is paralyzed. Her bottom lip barely moves in some scenes while she's talking.

by Anonymousreply 2101/31/2012

[quote]She's not even trying to match the accent.

Maybe because Juliane Moore actually lived in Alaska and knows Sarah's is an affectation.

Sarah did not have "that accent" before she was picked by McCain.

by Anonymousreply 2201/31/2012

Seriously?

by Anonymousreply 2302/01/2012

What the flip?

by Anonymousreply 2403/12/2012

The real standout in that movie is Sarah Paulson.

Do see the movie.

by Anonymousreply 2503/26/2013
Need more help? Click Here.