Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Which celebrities have responded to you on Twitter?

Suze Orman gave me financial advice and Sheri Sheppard ranted at me like a mad woman because I told her the way she complains about her ex-husband on Twitter is damaging to her son.

(bitch got REALLY mad!!)

by Anonymousreply 8303/27/2013

Alec Baldwin

and he's not really a celebrity per se, but Jonathan Capehart from the Washington Post/MSNBC

by Anonymousreply 101/30/2012

Nancy sinstra morgan fairchild

by Anonymousreply 201/30/2012

Suze has replied a few times. From what she says, it is HER and not an intern.

Jane Wiedlin retweeted me once. I almost died from joy.

by Anonymousreply 301/30/2012

Only one... author John Scalzi. He's so much fun to follow. Great sense of humor. Love his books too.

by Anonymousreply 401/30/2012

My Suze tweet was definitly from was so specific(referenced pages #s in one of her books to read and even had a disclaimer along the lines of "I'm not saying to do this since I don't know your specific situation BUT if you decide to do it THIS how...)

by Anonymousreply 501/30/2012

Kristin Chenowith turned down a game of Words With Friends.

by Anonymousreply 601/31/2012

Ryan Gosling responded when I asked his cock size and cut or uncut. I was surprised.

by Anonymousreply 701/31/2012

...and his response was??

by Anonymousreply 801/31/2012

Andy Cohen, Brett Ratner, Tom Collichio

by Anonymousreply 901/31/2012

Nancy Sinatra, Jeri Ryan and Diane Farr. The latter being weird because I didn't mention her. She just has a filter for her name.

by Anonymousreply 1001/31/2012

Oh, Graham Linehan, too. Co-creator of Black Books, The IT Crowd and Father Ted. My friend tweeted him about some really nerdy fan papercraft that I did for The OT Crowd and he RT'd both the art and mentioned me.

by Anonymousreply 1101/31/2012

R7 = Most attention seeking post ever.

by Anonymousreply 1201/31/2012

Gabriel Mann and Ashley Madekwe from "Revenge" have both replied to me a few times. Nice people!

by Anonymousreply 1301/31/2012

Do you people frequenty tweet? If so, what about?

by Anonymousreply 1401/31/2012

Kathy Griffin

by Anonymousreply 1501/31/2012

Kate Walsh, Dana Delany and Devon Sawa.

by Anonymousreply 1601/31/2012

Steven Daigle, Roseanne Barr, Samuel Colt, Ali Sweeney

by Anonymousreply 1701/31/2012

Ricky Martin

Sent me few Direct Messages.

by Anonymousreply 1801/31/2012

David Boreanaz replied and retweeted me.

by Anonymousreply 1901/31/2012

Kelly Sotherton - talking about Merlene Ottey.

by Anonymousreply 2001/31/2012

Without details, this thread is just a list of meaningless names.

by Anonymousreply 2101/31/2012

Simon Pegg sent me a PRIVATE MESSAGE after I replied to a tweet of his about Gwyneth Paltrow- I called her cunty. He replied calling me bitter and that she was a close friend and that I need to stop reading ok magazine. Life made.

by Anonymousreply 2201/31/2012

95% of celebrity tweets are written and posted by someone their publicist hired.

by Anonymousreply 2301/31/2012

R23, that's true of the bigger names. The smaller names, the third tier cast members of tv shows and things like that, it's usually them.

by Anonymousreply 2401/31/2012

Howard Stern!

He even called people on New Years Eve, but he didn't call me.

by Anonymousreply 2501/31/2012

Catherine Deneuve (or rather her assistant I assume) around the time of the Potiche promotion when she had an official twitter account, I think it's gone now.

The first time I was simply mentionning that Ma Saison Préférée holds a special place in my heart and she answered something about André Téchiné and how they've always been close since but I don't remember really.

Then one morning I saw she was tweeting so I asked who she was listening to these days and she tweeted back about Benjamin Biolay (he had a fairly new album out and everybody was apparently crazy about it, since I remember other actors such as Isabelle Huppert mentionning him too in the media).

by Anonymousreply 2601/31/2012

Khloe, kim, and kortney all replied to me with "awwwweee"

by Anonymousreply 2701/31/2012

Andy Cohen, Kyle Richards, Sonja I guess no celebrities, right?

by Anonymousreply 2801/31/2012

Andy Cohen (clearly cruising twitter for dates!), Sandra Bernhard, Thomas Roberts (also cruising, I'm pretty sure) and Vanessa Williams.

Jeez, rereading this list - could I be any more gay?

by Anonymousreply 2901/31/2012

Pope Benedict

by Anonymousreply 3001/31/2012

Olbermann. I said something unfair about him and he rightfully got pissed and called me on it. BTW, at the time I posted it I thought it was true. Still I was wrong and I tweeted an apology and admitted I was wrong and what I said untrue and unfair.

Michael Moore retweeted me once.

by Anonymousreply 3101/31/2012

rivers cuomo from weezer

by Anonymousreply 3201/31/2012

Helen Lawson called me a heinous cunt on Twitter once. I saved that - it's such a comfort to me.

by Anonymousreply 3301/31/2012

Chris Cuomo: He was tweeting live during 20/20 a couple of weeks ago, and responded to a tweet I made about his segment.

Eric Balfour: We were going back and forth with the lyrics to Prince's "Let's Go Crazy"

by Anonymousreply 3401/31/2012

Ok, call me stupid, but I don't really understand twitspeak. I don't get all the @ and # and what not. So I don't use if very often and can't really read what people are saying when it has all that gobblydeegook in it.

by Anonymousreply 3501/31/2012

Bruce Vilanch confirmed he was a power top and claimed I wouldn't be able to handle it.

by Anonymousreply 3601/31/2012

Morning Joe Scarborough bitch tweeted me. It was a few years ago and I had started my twitter account on a whim and I wasn't keeping up with it closely. Anyway I didn't find the tweet until a few days later.

by Anonymousreply 3701/31/2012

I asked Jacklyn Smith about her first childhood pet, and she answered me. It was such a thrill, I asked her ten more times!

by Anonymousreply 3801/31/2012

[R35] Thanks Gramps.

We won't shock you with horror stories of touch dial telephones!

by Anonymousreply 3901/31/2012

Trish Van Devere told me that my pussy stunk.

by Anonymousreply 4001/31/2012

Stephen Fry DMed me and complimented me on my formspring answers. He said I was rather clever.

I was sad that Rrreeeeeddd unfollowed me. :(

by Anonymousreply 4101/31/2012

Rob Delaney, Alec Sulkin, Danny Devito.

I want Alec Sulkin.

by Anonymousreply 4202/01/2012

R18 what did Ricky want? A hookup?

by Anonymousreply 4302/01/2012

Mark Gatiss has occasionally tweeted me, because I work in paleontology and apparently he has an interest in that.

by Anonymousreply 4402/01/2012

So? Is Gosling cut or uncut?

by Anonymousreply 4502/01/2012

Godfuckingdammit, people, give some fucking information, don't just name names! WHY did this person retweeet or reply to you?

by Anonymousreply 4602/01/2012

Willie Geist's show "Way Too Early" on MSNBC has a fun little thing they do at the end of the show called, "why are you awake?"

You can email, text, or tweet your reply, and they usually read the good ones on air, at then end of the show.

Well, short story long... mine got read on air. It was kind of fun having my words read to a national television audience, and having Willie and the producers chuckle at what I wrote. It was my "stahhhh" moment!

by Anonymousreply 4702/01/2012

Fred Armisten deflected a question I had about whether or not Lorne Michaels was an agent of the Devil by saying he was a "kind genius", and also said he enjoyed the Wieden + Kennedy sketch.

I enjoyed our shallow exchange much more than Bill Murray turning up unexpectedly and taking a bite out my bagel with no explanation. Though that would also have been interesting.

Took place on Redditt's "Ask Me Anything." It's probably bad form to promote another website but sometimes their "IAMA"s are pretty fucking good.

For any crime fiction fans, particularly fans of "The Wire", writer George Pelicanos is scheduled for Wednesday.

by Anonymousreply 4802/01/2012

Please stop with the Helen Lawson bullshit, R35. I'll be stunned if anyone (besides you) thinks that's funny anymore.

by Anonymousreply 4902/01/2012

Chris Hardwick DM'd me to laugh at a tweet of mine.

by Anonymousreply 5002/01/2012

Not Twitter, but Marsha Warfield and I are Facebook friends and she's commented on my posts.

Cherry Jones liked something I wrote on one of my friends walls.

by Anonymousreply 5102/01/2012

Don Lemon, when I said he was inspiring to me, then instead of saying thank he tried to get me to buy his book. Ugh, I haven't tweeted him since.

by Anonymousreply 5202/01/2012

Elizabeth Berkley

I had just watched RODGER DODGER on cable for the first time and complimented her on her performance. She sent a sweet thank you adding that it was one of her favorite projects.

I'm guessing she's happy someone liked her in anything besides SHOWGIRLS.

by Anonymousreply 5302/01/2012

Do journalists count? I have countless little exchanges with print and radio journalists all the time.

Tess Vigeland of Marketplace and I were snarking on Suze Orman's scammy prepaid debit card recently.

Stuart Elliott, the advertising columnist at the NYTimes, retweeted me. (He appears to be gay, as well, based on the people he follows.)

Max Read of Gawker (whom I *love*, he's my fantasy straight boyfriend) answered a question about a picture he'd posted on his Tumblr.

Oh, and Shawn Hatosy of Southland!

by Anonymousreply 5402/01/2012

I didn't believe Kirstie Alley or Melissa Gilbert were actually them when they first started tweeting, and called them poor imitations by teenagers. Unfortunately...they were real. Kirstie called me a bitch, melissa blocked me.

Oh well.

by Anonymousreply 5502/01/2012

by Anonymousreply 5602/04/2012

Rachel Dratch.... told me I was "fun"

Josh Wolf.... retweeted a sick Casey Anthony joke that I told him

by Anonymousreply 5702/04/2012

Alex Guarnaschelli

by Anonymousreply 5802/04/2012

I told Betty Buckley to stuff all her religious nonsense and she got all offended but I stopped following her because I was sick of listening to it.

by Anonymousreply 5902/04/2012

Michael Moore tweeted that he had seen two movies in a row in a multiplex so I asked him if he paid for the second screening. He replied to me that he had.

by Anonymousreply 6002/04/2012

Not exactly a response.

Very strange...I decided to 'follow' Joan Collins and suddenly I got a message that Raquel Welch was following me and that I should follow her back. But I had no interest in following Raquel Welch and didn't bother, so she unfollowed me, sharpish. It was her official twitter, I checked.

I think it was a new account, so she was trawling for followers.

by Anonymousreply 6102/04/2012

Interesting, r20. I love track and field but despite having to have seen stuff Ottey was in, I don't remember her. The names you posted were so obscure to me that I had to look them up.

by Anonymousreply 6202/04/2012

Someone known on DL for his big, womanly butt.

by Anonymousreply 6302/04/2012

Dennis Miller -- was pissed because I told him he was a rethug and that even worse, he wasn't funny. He RT me to all his batshit followers.

Khloe Kardashian -- I shouldn't follow her, but her tweets are so inane I can't resist. When she posted about her new jeans line with her sisters, I asked her how they were going to hide her fat ass. Unhappy return tweet.

by Anonymousreply 6402/04/2012

Paris Hilton BLOCKED me!

by Anonymousreply 6502/04/2012

"R18 what did Ricky want? A hookup?"

I don't use Twitter for hookups (no private photos, no hot men photos, no sex talk), and I'm sure Ricky doesn't either.

Ricky thanked me, answered few questions, sent greetings - things like that.

by Anonymousreply 6602/05/2012

by Anonymousreply 6702/05/2012

r54, Stuart is indeed gay.

by Anonymousreply 6802/05/2012

What's the scoop on Ryan Gosling? Do tell :)

by Anonymousreply 6903/04/2012

Faye Dunaway retweeted me!

by Anonymousreply 7003/27/2013

Brandi Glanville always responds to my tweets.

by Anonymousreply 7103/27/2013

I have Tweeted with lots of famous people but I regularly Tweet with Holland Taylor. She is a smart lady and very very funny. You should follow her. Mia Farrow is my other Tweet pal - she Tweets on Human Rights issues and is also quite funny.

by Anonymousreply 7203/27/2013

r 51 - Cherry Jones is not on social media at all nor will she ever be.

by Anonymousreply 7303/27/2013

Julie Warner when I tweeted her that her first acting scene on TV (Guiding Light) was now on DVD.

by Anonymousreply 7403/27/2013

Sara Rue retweeted and tweeted back to me, and Joe Zee answered a question I had about NYFW a few years ago.

by Anonymousreply 7503/27/2013

[quote]I didn't believe Kirstie Alley or Melissa Gilbert were actually them when they first started tweeting, and called them poor imitations by teenagers. Unfortunately...they were real. Kirstie called me a bitch, melissa blocked me.

Kirstie has some serious anger management issues if her tweets are anything to go by. She flies off the handle over the most dumb shit. She seems like the stereotypical angry old fat woman.

by Anonymousreply 7603/27/2013

R71=Leann Rimes

by Anonymousreply 7703/27/2013

Sean Lennon

I made a snarky comment about him, and he replied in agreement with what I said about him.

by Anonymousreply 7803/27/2013

Responses, retweets and favorited by:

Greg Grunberg

Alec Baldwin

Anderson Cooper

Clinton Kelly

Grant Wilson

by Anonymousreply 7903/27/2013

Well this was the most boring fucking thread ever. Tremendous lack of information. I won't bother looking back. Thanks for nothing.

by Anonymousreply 8003/27/2013

R35, I don't get all that # @ twittershit, either. Mostly I don't know who's saying what to whom.

by Anonymousreply 8103/27/2013

Chris Cuomo - lectured me about being negative for asking a couple honest questions about his "reporting"

by Anonymousreply 8203/27/2013

[quote]r51 - Cherry Jones is not on social media at all nor will she ever be.

I kind of love her for that. Wish she is on though! (I'm not making sense) On the other hand, her ex Sarah Paulson is pretty funny on Twitter/Instagram.

by Anonymousreply 8303/27/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!