Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Farah, Kate, Jaclyn, Shelley, Cheryl, and Tanya.

Who hates/likes who?

by Anonymousreply 12212/11/2013

Kate and Cheryl had a notoriously chilly relationship on the set. Kate never warmed to Cheryl and possibly held misplaced resentment towards her for being Farrah's (equally popular) successor.

by Anonymousreply 101/29/2012

Has Tanya Tucker ever even met Cheryl Cole?

And I seriously doubt Farah Pahlavi, the former Queen and Empress of Iran, runs in the same social circles as Kate Middleton.

Of course, Jaclyn Smith and Shelley Winters co-starred in the 1985 film "Deja Vu."

by Anonymousreply 201/29/2012

That was a long way to go r2

by Anonymousreply 301/29/2012

Jill Munroe was reportedly paid 70K for each of her 6 return episodes You know the angry angry Smart Angel Hated that!

by Anonymousreply 401/29/2012

Less would have been more, r2.

by Anonymousreply 501/29/2012

My first cat was Bootsie Gumdrops.

by Anonymousreply 601/29/2012

Shelley Hack is mostly hated here on datalounge because of posters who use her name or her charlie moniker.

by Anonymousreply 801/29/2012

How did everyone feel about Beamish?

by Anonymousreply 901/29/2012

I saw a documentary about the show once upon a time, and I remember the costume designer openly hated Shelley Hack. There was much talk also of the chilliness between Jackson and Ladd. Smith seemed to be universally loved and surprisingly they all seemed to adore Tanya Roberts.

by Anonymousreply 1001/29/2012

They were all professional actresses and therefore rose above any pettiness or chance misunderstandings in order to deliver the best possible show to their millions of fans. The proof of this can be seen in the fine quality of their work and the lasting artistic value of the show's episodes.

by Anonymousreply 1101/29/2012

Why did Shelley Hack only last one season? Was she fired or did she quit the show?

by Anonymousreply 1301/29/2012

lol R13 - When I was 13 I would have [italic]completely[/italic] agreed with you.

by Anonymousreply 1401/29/2012

[quote]Why did Shelley Hack only last one season? Was she fired or did she quit the show?

Fired. Ratings dropped after Kate left, and Shelley was the convenient scapegoat. I saw a program on the series in which a few of the Angels were interviewed. Shelley said that Tiffany was dropped into scripts that had already been written without her character and that the writers didn't know what to do with her. Because of that, she was barely in any of the initial eps of her one season.

Cheryl said that Shelley getting the boot was unfair to her, and that she and Jacklyn voiced that to Spelling and the powers that were.

by Anonymousreply 1501/29/2012

plus she was HORRIBLE in her 1st episodes See Love Boat Angels.... She finally got that wave out of her hair and was decent in the last 6 or so episodes by then it was too late She should have straightened her hair and learned how to act earlier in the season. she made Jackie Smith look like Meryl YEAH SHE WAS THAT AWFUL

by Anonymousreply 1601/29/2012

Shelley was actually kind of good in The King of Comedy. (how did she ever get that part? from Angels to Scorsese?)

by Anonymousreply 1701/29/2012

It was not a happy set. Kate Jackson was miserable and if you go back to watch the episodes, she very rarely shares a scene with Ladd. David Doyle sided with Cheryl, saying he thought she was the best actress on the show.

It was odd that they selected Shelley Hack on a jiggle show - Hack had no boobs whatsoever.

by Anonymousreply 1801/29/2012

Cheryl and Kate worked together in the original Satan's School for Girls.

by Anonymousreply 1901/29/2012

[quote]yelled at your first

r20 go back to your coloring

by Anonymousreply 2101/29/2012

Farrah doesn't really have an active opinion at this point.

by Anonymousreply 2201/29/2012

Yes, R21, so you can go back to discussing jiggle TV from the 70s.

by Anonymousreply 2301/29/2012

Another problem was that it was felt Shelley resembled Cheryl a little too closely. They wanted Barbara Carerra but when she said no, they rejected Barbara Bach, Susie Coehlo and Persis Khambatta.

by Anonymousreply 2401/29/2012

Did Persis have hair?

by Anonymousreply 2501/29/2012

oooo r23 your razor sharp wit has really put me in my place.

by Anonymousreply 2601/29/2012

by Anonymousreply 2701/29/2012

I love working for you Charlieeeee!

by Anonymousreply 2801/29/2012

I had this album.

by Anonymousreply 2901/29/2012

Cheryl Ladd LOVED David Boyle. In an interview about 7-8 years ago, Cheryl said he was a dear, sweet man with tears in her eyes. It was quite touching. he was very kind to her.

by Anonymousreply 3001/29/2012

Honestly, I was more of a Bosley fan, myself.

by Anonymousreply 3101/29/2012

Cheryl's pussy stinks.

by Anonymousreply 3201/29/2012

There was a TVLand special on CA a while ago and Nolan Miller was quite dishy about the show. I remember he called Kate Jackson a "bully" and blasted Shelley Hack. No only couldn't she act, Miller was amazed that she was a former model because he said she couldn't even wear clothes well.

by Anonymousreply 3301/29/2012

I'd love to be a fly on the wall in Nolan Miller's salon.

by Anonymousreply 3401/29/2012

r16 - it would take more than a decent hairdo to make Shelly more effective in the role.

by Anonymousreply 3501/29/2012

How does one wear clothes well? What an utterly ridiculous statement to make.

by Anonymousreply 3601/29/2012

IMO Tanya Roberts was the sexiest of them, followed by Shelley. Best actress of the lot was Kate Jackson, followed by Cheryl Ladd.

by Anonymousreply 3801/29/2012

Totally agree, R38. I was oddly attracted to Tonya even though I was already aware of my same-sex attraction.

by Anonymousreply 3901/29/2012

Tanya Roberts killed the show. Nail in the coffin.

by Anonymousreply 4001/29/2012

The show shouldn't have come back for a fifth season. They even had to transplant it from L.A. to Hawaii for many episodes to try to stir interest and improve declining ratings.

by Anonymousreply 4101/29/2012

R2, you know, a little of that goes a long way.

by Anonymousreply 4201/29/2012

Well look what Kate had to go through.

The show is basically created with her in mind. The show becomes a huge hit, but Farrah is even bigger..

Then Farrah leaves and Cheryl comes along and becomes a huge star.

Then the producers won't let her film Kramer vs. Kramer and Meryl wins an Oscar in the role Kate would have played.

That kinda sucks...

by Anonymousreply 4301/29/2012

I think Kate was going to play the Jane Alexander part

by Anonymousreply 4401/29/2012

No! Kate was up for Meryl's role, the mother.

by Anonymousreply 4501/29/2012

[quote]There was a TVLand special on CA a while ago and Nolan Miller was quite dishy about the show. I remember he called Kate Jackson a "bully" and blasted Shelley Hack. No only couldn't she act, Miller was amazed that she was a former model because he said she couldn't even wear clothes well.

I believe I saw the same special, and that isn't my recollection. I'm not saying that he didn't say what you indicated, but that's not what I remember. IIRC, Nolan said that he was excited about Shelley because she was a former model and wore clothes like a dream. I have zero recall re anything he said about any of the other Angels.

by Anonymousreply 4601/29/2012

I never uderstood why they called it a "jiggle" show...those girls were skinny as hell, nothing was bouncing.

by Anonymousreply 4701/29/2012

I beg to differ. Cheryl had a great, natural rack.

by Anonymousreply 4801/29/2012

Cheryl was the only one who had a perfect figure. I remember her weight was 126lbs.

The others were skinny as hell.

by Anonymousreply 4901/29/2012

Jaclyn Smith had a wonderful figure. She wasn't skinny at all.

by Anonymousreply 5001/30/2012

LOL R8. Haven't seen it in a long time but I remember when every other poster was Shelley Hacke. I always thought she was the prettiest angel. Too bad her career never really took off. It wasn't for lack of opportunity. She was given nearly as many chances for a hit as Kate Mulgrew.

She was given the lead in fucking five TV series.

by Anonymousreply 5101/30/2012

And, Jesus H, Shelley was hired to be the female lead in Night Court but left after filming two episodes due to artistic difficulties.

by Anonymousreply 5201/30/2012

Cheryl{Kris} was always my fave way better than Farrah!

by Anonymousreply 5301/30/2012

Who cares about these people? One of the nice things about ephemera is that it disappears. Similarly, when fifteen minutes of fame are over, the people involved are no longer famous.

I was an adult when these people became celebrities (well, ALMOST an adult), and even I can't dredge up any interest in people who were so trivial then that they're not even historical now.

by Anonymousreply 5401/30/2012

Shelly was hired on the strength of her 'Charlie' perfume commercials. Everyone thought she would add class and style to the show.

Kate was much more concerned about the quality of the scripts. Long before Cagney & Lacey, Kate clashed with the writers wanting the scripts to be about women's lib in a male dominated society.

Jackie got along with everyone, she was a nice Georgia peach.

Cheryl was very upset she was left OUT of the Spelling tribute at the Emmys a few years back. The Angels reunited, but only the original three. Both Farrah and Kate were negotiating the wording of the script even minutes before airtime!

by Anonymousreply 5501/30/2012

Shelley sure could do a commercial

by Anonymousreply 5601/30/2012

Barney Rosenzweig, who'd go on to create Cagney & Lacey and to become Mr. Sharon Gless, was one of the writers in the first season. He was well regarded, and Kate teamed up with him to make sure the women's lib thing was properly addressed. It degenerated into a stupid jiggle show halfway through the first season. I think they were trying to make the show more meaningful its last season, especially as these broads were aging, but it was already too late. Jackie and Cheryl loved Tanya Roberts, but she seemed to lack class.

by Anonymousreply 5701/30/2012

and it was on the strength of those commercials she was offered the part. That was her demo reel.

by Anonymousreply 5801/30/2012

Those "Charlie" commercials were great but they had nothing to do with CA. The producers were out of their minds. The best potential replacement was in S1, Kim Basinger who was outstanding in the best CA episode of all time, "Angels in Chains".

by Anonymousreply 5901/30/2012

Jaclyn Smith is a Texan - btw. Still looks incredible.

by Anonymousreply 6001/30/2012

Tanya Roberts did some stuff after Charlie's Angels like appearing in movies such as The Beastmaster, Sheena, A View To A Kill, as well as forgettable low budget films. She did redeem herself when she appeared in That 70's Show tv series in the 1990's. After that, Tanya seemed to have fade away from the limelight.

by Anonymousreply 6101/30/2012

Midge was sort of one note, and stunt casting on top of that, but she was funny most of the time.

by Anonymousreply 6201/30/2012

They weren't threatened by Tanya because she wasn't a real police officer like they were.

She was a pretty girl who went to modeling school.

by Anonymousreply 6301/30/2012

R49, Cheryl weighed a good deal less than 126. I'd believe 106.

by Anonymousreply 6401/30/2012

My first cat was a shelter cat and I named her Bootsie Gumdrops. I loved her.

by Anonymousreply 6501/31/2012

I liked it, R2!

by Anonymousreply 6601/31/2012

That BITCH Cheryl Ladd played as if she was my friend... my then husband and I even wrote some for her album (that bitch couldn't sing but hey, a buck is a buck). Anyhoo, little did I know that hussy STOLE my husband right-up from under me and now she is a REPUBLICAN and is appearing on religious shows such as TBN's Praise the Lord as the paragon of moral class.

P.S. and I did my own version of Think It Over... that bitch ain't got nothin' on me!

by Anonymousreply 6901/31/2012

Funny how no one here ever discusses one of the big reasons Jackson hated Ladd...politics.

Kate was always a liberal Democrat. Jaclyn Smith was a Republican, but not terribly political, and certainly not horribly conservative. But Ladd was a conservative Republican and was "born again" to boot. Jackson despised her politics. They never got along, and it was one of the big reasons.

Ladd has appeared many times on the 700 club, and is a nutcase fundie. When she wrote her book about female golfers, she was doing the rounds of various talk shows, and she'd been booked on Frank DeCaro. her rep later called and cancelled, saying that Ladd would not appear on 'that kind of show'. DeCaro has talked about it.

So it's difficult to imagine that the woman who appeared in "Making Love", and the fundie homophobe had a lot in common.

by Anonymousreply 7001/31/2012

She also stole my man when he was married to me R70

by Anonymousreply 7101/31/2012

I never liked Cheryl Ladd. I always thought she was a hardcore racist who didn't like black folks.

by Anonymousreply 7201/31/2012

Here's an interesting interview with Tanya Roberts at one of those celebrity autograph shows. She says she left "That 70s Show" to take care of her sick husband who she'd been with most of her life. She comes off pretty decent. (BTW, that guy has a lot of interesting interviews with old TV stars at those shows if you go through his channel.)

Even though she wasn't my favorite Angel I still wish they'd release the final season of "Charlie's Angels" on DVD. It took forever for the Shelley Hack season to appear so maybe it will still happen...

by Anonymousreply 7301/31/2012

Shelly was originally hired to change Kate Jackson's tampons.

by Anonymousreply 7401/31/2012

I thought Tanya left The 70s show due to drug issues (the same as the blonde sister).

by Anonymousreply 7501/31/2012

... and is it true that Priscilla Presley was to replace Roberts if there had been a sixth season?

Personally I think what wrecked the show in its third season already was piss-poor scripts. Just lame stories and veeery one-dimensional characters.

by Anonymousreply 7601/31/2012

Cheryl Ladd in a cute outfit.

by Anonymousreply 7704/06/2012

They ALL hate (or, in Farah's case, hated) people like OP who don't know when to use "whom."

Can one blame them? And can one avoid thinking of Joan Crawford, who so gorgeously asked an interviewer (Rex Reed?), "Whom is kidding whom?"

by Anonymousreply 7804/06/2012

R78, who is right.

by Anonymousreply 7904/06/2012

Just because she's gorgeous doesn't mean you don't say she's gorgeous. She's Cheryl Ladd TV star woman

by Anonymousreply 8004/07/2012

My first cat was a shelter cat. She was named Bootsie Gumdrops, and I loved her very much.

by Anonymousreply 8104/07/2012

Huh R80?

by Anonymousreply 8204/07/2012

I always loved Farah Fawcett - Realized later it was really just that I wanted her hair - I think the original three were the best - Never really got into the others.

by Anonymousreply 8304/07/2012

FF did have wonderful hair.

by Anonymousreply 8404/07/2012

Did anyone call out OP for misspelling Farrah's name?

by Anonymousreply 8504/07/2012

Cheryl as Kris meets Zora, the physical therapist of a club.

by Anonymousreply 8611/22/2012

Tanya did well as Laura Prepon's mother on That 70s Show.

by Anonymousreply 8711/22/2012

I always preferred Kris Munroe over Jill Monroe, but Kelly Garrett was my favorite. Let's be honest, Jaclyn ended up the one to still be beautiful as she aged. Tanya is pretty good looking too though.

The producers said that if Tanya had come on the show for season 4 instead of Shelley Hack, the show probably would have lasted to have a season 6.

by Anonymousreply 8811/30/2012

Kate was the one I liked and her one time adorable husband Andrew Stevens

by Anonymousreply 8911/30/2012

The all time classic camp ep is Angel On The Line in the Fifth Season. Trannie Margo is a singles club hypnotist (don't ask) and he/she sets out to murder Kelly. Some of the most hilarious clutch pursing I've ever seen.

by Anonymousreply 9011/30/2012

The show suffered from all-around bad scripts, Miss Jackson was correct about that. All six Angels had something unique to offer. There's no best or worst, as some of the pettier posters have suggested. Stupid, idiotic, comments only show the utter lacking of heart in today's generation.

by Anonymousreply 9105/23/2013

r54 is a killjoy who has no comprehensible meaning whatsoever of the social engagement of discussion, connection and communication; he also doesn't have any comprehensible meaning whatsoever to get out of bed in the morning.

by Anonymousreply 9205/23/2013

I thought that they cast Shelley Hack to "class up the joint." Wasn't she the Charlie cologne girl? Then Tanya Roberts was supposed to be the opposite, providing the street girl made good vibe, as the show was deemed to uppity for some viewers. Just rumors I heard to justify the casting; don' dis me if it's all a big lie.

So did Aaron and/or Candy Spelling really sleep with all of the Angels? How about the Arab Princes and Wealthy at the time? Smith was originally portrayed as the virgin.

by Anonymousreply 9305/23/2013

CA Documentary on YT:

by Anonymousreply 9405/23/2013

Kate, Jaclyn and Cheryl did a public appearence together (along with John Forsythe) on an awards show in 1992.

by Anonymousreply 9505/23/2013

Saw Farrah in person post CA. She was not at all attractive. On the show, did she have extensions or a fall?

by Anonymousreply 9605/23/2013

Kate Jackson was so well hung that she would have made even Bea Arthur blush in envy.

by Anonymousreply 9705/23/2013

I blame this show for making me a lesbian!

by Anonymousreply 9805/23/2013

Shelley Hack's Charlie perfume commercials actually did influence TPTB to cast her as an Angel when Kate Jackson left. I don't think there was ever any cross-promotion planned but they liked being able to say the "Charlie" girl was now an "Angel."

For whatever reason, they never did a proper introduction episode for Hack's character which some people believe is why her character never caught on. Hack's version, I guess, is that they were just using scripts already written for Kate Jackson and never attempted to create an actual character for her. Some of the writers and producers, though, say Hack was such a bad actress they ended up writing less and less for her because she just couldn't deliver. Aaron Spelling even offered to pay for acting lessons for her (which she refused.)

Other trivia: Kate Jackson was originally supposed to play Jaclyn Smith's role which is why Smith has such a big part in the pilot. Jackson changed her mind at the last minute (can't recall why.) Sabrina Duncan was supposed to be ultra-glamorous and always dressed to the nines, but Kate apparently hated spending time in wardrobe so the character ended up being the least glamorous of the three - aside from Farrah's tennis outfits.

by Anonymousreply 9905/23/2013

R99, when I saw the pilot years ago I wondered why top-billed Kate's role seemed so small compared to the other two Angels. Now I know.

by Anonymousreply 10005/23/2013

Many girls watched CA just to look at the stylish clothes. Supposedly Shelley Hack was too aloof and ice princessy and unobtainable for the generic audience, just like she was in the Charlie commercial. Then they cast Tanya Roberts to give CA a dirtier, street-sexy image.

by Anonymousreply 10105/23/2013

Have any of the m written tell alls?

by Anonymousreply 10205/23/2013

The pilot featured a hunky young Tommy Lee Jones and Bo Hopkins.

by Anonymousreply 10305/23/2013

Shelley was kind of wooden, wasn't she? I loved Tanya in That 70s show, but not as much on CA.

by Anonymousreply 10408/28/2013

I add this link to the Tim Curry song, "I Do the Rock" simply because the lyrics include the names, 'Jacklyn, Kate, and Farah' enunciated as only Tim can do...

it's a great song as well.

by Anonymousreply 10508/28/2013

Farah always acted like she had something up her ass.

by Anonymousreply 10608/28/2013

Cheryl was a better actor and more beautiful than FF.

by Anonymousreply 10708/28/2013

These bitches had nothing on the Avengers women.

by Anonymousreply 10808/28/2013

Cheryl had the cutest body as well as a gorgeous face.

by Anonymousreply 10908/28/2013

too bad ladd is a repug bitch.

by Anonymousreply 11008/30/2013

How much of a Republican is she?

by Anonymousreply 11108/30/2013

Gootsie Bumpdrops

by Anonymousreply 11211/07/2013

[quote] I never liked Cheryl Ladd. I always thought she was a hardcore racist who didn't like black folks.

She has a black stepdaughter so that would be interesting if true.

This must have been awkward:

by Anonymousreply 11311/07/2013

That bitch Cheryl stole my man... and she can't sing for shit

by Anonymousreply 11411/07/2013

I wish Beamish was on more episodes!

by Anonymousreply 11511/07/2013

Cheryl was hands down the sexiest and most gorgeous angel, no one else came close.

by Anonymousreply 11612/11/2013

Absolutely, r116. Cheryl was always my favorite.

by Anonymousreply 11712/11/2013

Cheryl made her daughter Jordan quit Gregg Araki's The Doom Generation right before filming was to begin because of the film's subject matter. Rose McGowan ended up with her part.

by Anonymousreply 11812/11/2013

How old was Jordan at the time?

by Anonymousreply 11912/11/2013

She was around 19 or 20 at the time.

by Anonymousreply 12012/11/2013

I really liked Cheryl more than Farrah when I was a kid, but then Kate was my favorite..but now when I watch the reruns, I think Jacklyn is my favorite. Never much of an actress, but DAMN was she beautiful, and still looks good.

I was 'maturing' by the time Shelly and Tanya came around, so didn't really watch as much. I only have vague memories of them.

I do remember that opening shot of Cheryl Ladd in a bikini making me wonder if it was boys or girls I was interested in. The Dukes of Hazzard made it official: BIG GAY.

by Anonymousreply 12112/11/2013

R120 - That sounds controlling.

by Anonymousreply 12212/11/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!