Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

American Idol Top 24 (spoiler)

Weak, weak, weak. And the whitest season ever. I love me some soul and a big black girl voice. Nothing this year. Hard to believe.

by Anonymousreply 11003/07/2013

Isn't it like that every year?

by Anonymousreply 101/25/2012

OP = racist

Gotta problem with whites, huh?

by Anonymousreply 301/25/2012

Some of my favorites did not make it. Oh well.

by Anonymousreply 401/26/2012

Michael Colton Dixon. AGAIN?

He sang at my mom's church last year and did his "testimony" thing about being a Christian.

by Anonymousreply 501/26/2012

Yuck, it's so fucking 90s. white kids trying to sing like black 90s artist.

Most Black signers have moved past trying to be Whitney and Mariah, I guess that's why there is so few black kids in the mix.

by Anonymousreply 601/26/2012

r6 is right. I mean, look at the first singer, he tried to sing like a young Michael Jackson, and not like Chris Brown.

by Anonymousreply 701/26/2012

Since the original American Idol post "no longer exists" I thought I would continue to this one.

Anyway, tonight's elimination is supposed to be those most shocking in Idol History! I'm guessing Hollie.

by Anonymousreply 805/10/2012

Oh, my GAWD!!

by Anonymousreply 905/10/2012

She may not have the best voice, but I love Hollie. Sad to see her go.

by Anonymousreply 1005/10/2012

J-Lo's dancing bf is just "NO". All auto-tuned and no substance.

by Anonymousreply 1105/10/2012

That damn coach Jimmy Idiot is just useless. For the good of the show, they should NOT bring him back next season.

by Anonymousreply 1205/10/2012

J. Lo....isn't he cute?

American Idol viewers....ah, no!

by Anonymousreply 1305/10/2012

Who is this Jimmy guy?

by Anonymousreply 1405/11/2012

Prediction: The cute white boy will win. Teenage girls own American Idol and always go for the cute white boy (this year Phillip).

by Anonymousreply 1505/11/2012

My prediction: Ryan will propose to his ladylove on the air, and she will accept his offer of marriage.

by Anonymousreply 1605/11/2012

David Clark looked good, but sang another sucky song. I liked J-Lo's performance quite a bit.

It clearly was Hollie's time, although I'd have preferred Jessica to go.

by Anonymousreply 1705/11/2012

OMG, I meant David Cook. No idea where Clark came from.

by Anonymousreply 1805/11/2012

[quote]My prediction: Ryan will propose to his ladylove on the air, and she will accept his offer of marriage.

Oh, how romantic!

by Anonymousreply 1905/11/2012

r14, I can't remember the spelling of Jimmy's last name but it begins with an I, hence the reason I use "Idiot" because he is. He's the one that "coaches" the singers on their song choices and proceeds to try to tear them down more than encourage him doing his comments. The judges, especially JLo, tend to disagree with him most of the time because, well, he's an IDIOT. He had a major bug up his ass regarding DeAndre Brackensick because, well hey, DeAndre was the most original and one of the best singers they had this season. I can't stand Jimmy and based on most of the blogs, most viewers feel the same.

by Anonymousreply 2005/11/2012

It's Jimmy Iovine, you twit, and he's only discovered Eminem and Lady Gaga, as well as producing albums for dozens of hit acts. He's also president of one of the biggest and most influential record labels in the world.

What have you done?

by Anonymousreply 2105/11/2012

"He had a major bug up his ass regarding DeAndre Brackensick because, well hey, DeAndre was the most original and one of the best singers they had this season."

DeAndre was horrible.

by Anonymousreply 2205/11/2012

Since you seem to be jerking off while thinking of Jimmy r21, doesn't make him less of an idiot. Viewers don't like him. It is what it is. Fuck you!

by Anonymousreply 2305/11/2012

I was chuckling while watching Ryan stand next to his lady love in the audience, who (by the way) was there pushing her upcoming movie now that she is an A-lister (snark). Ryan has way more chemistry standing next to Phillip Phillips than his very own girlfriend.

by Anonymousreply 2405/11/2012

[quote]I was chuckling while watching Ryan stand next to his lady love in the audience, who (by the way) was there pushing her upcoming movie now that she is an A-lister (snark). Ryan has way more chemistry standing next to Phillip Phillips than his very own girlfriend

I see NO chemistry with Ryan and his beard, but I would believe Ryan and Phillips. Did you see the way Phillips gave Ryan that sweet hug, when he thought he was "safe"?

by Anonymousreply 2505/11/2012

The few minutes I've seen of the show make me think that Jimmy Iovine is the only one with any brains whatsoever. I had pretty much stopped watching by the time Simon Cowell left, but tuned in for a bit last season to see what it was like with him gone.

It occurred to me that predictably dickish and unfunny as he was, at least you knew if someone gave a truly bad performance there was someone there who would likely call them out on it. The new panel just seems to be 100% supportive of whatever the singers do, and on the rare chance they have something critical to say, it seems to put them in utter pain to have to do so. It was so cathartic at times to see someone get up there, take a massive dump on the stage, have Randy and Paula noncommitally say it wasn't their best, and then have Simon absolutely tear them to shreds with sadistic glee.

When Randy is the tough judge, it's clear they've given up. So I enjoy that there is at least one qualified professional affiliated with the show who does not seem to be in physical pain should they have to say something less than ecstatic.

I'd be curious to know exactly how the audience demographic has shifted over the seasons - there was a time when I and everyone else I knew in NY was way into the show, watched it in groups, got involved with it. That certainly doesn't seem to be the case anymore, but there are obviously still some people watching it somewhere.

by Anonymousreply 2605/11/2012

r26, I'm curious. Why do some people, assuming from your post you're one of them, get off on watching jerks like Simon and Jimmy be not just critical but just downright unnecessarily mean, which let's face it, has a lot to do with their own personal egos than with offering criticism. What is wrong with good constructive criticism which I happen to think JLo actually does and Randy does from time to time. Yeah okay, it pains JLo to criticize but it doesn't stop her from getting her point across in a non-egotistical and non-mean spirited way.

Unless the singer has an attitude as well as less than stellar singing, I think the Simon/Jimmy "realness" that so many get off on watching is just tired.

by Anonymousreply 2705/11/2012

Jimmy is supposed to be the Simon Cowell of judges, since J-Lo, Randy, and Tyler don't want to criticize the singers...they need him.

The judges didn't criticize Scotty McCreery for singing the same shit every week, that's why he won.

by Anonymousreply 2805/11/2012

Tommy Mottola is impressed with Jessica Sanchez.

by Anonymousreply 2905/11/2012

Jessica Sanchez is impressed with Jessica Sanchez too.

by Anonymousreply 3005/11/2012

Tommy Mottola is a perv. Jlo looked pathetic last night with her boyfriend. The leotard looked terrible on her as well.

by Anonymousreply 3105/11/2012

Allthe laughter all the tears

All the joy all the fear

I want to see Mantasia and his screech

I want to see Phillip and his Phillips

I want to see Jessica and her stringy hair

I want to see Randy and his dawg

I want to see Steven and his teef

I want to see Jennifer and her fake laugh

I want see Bo and his jandras

I want to see Mandesa and her feets

I want to see slobbering monkey

I want to be bumpuzzled

All that and Ryan's lovely new home on tonite's most exciting show Evah!

by Anonymousreply 3205/16/2012

Remember DL we must vote Phil.

I want to see the judges freak out tomorrow if he makes F2.

by Anonymousreply 3305/16/2012

They are so pushing Jessica and Mantasia it's nauseating.

by Anonymousreply 3405/16/2012

Phil is no Bob Seger but he was way better than Jess.

Why does Tyler have such a problem with our Phil?

by Anonymousreply 3505/16/2012

I like Phillip's version of Seger.

by Anonymousreply 3605/16/2012

None of these can compare to the dog act on Britain's Got Talent.

by Anonymousreply 3705/16/2012

Jessica's first song was a complete warbling disaster, typical of her low-register singing. It was unlistenable, which made the judges gushing that much more ludicrous. I find her grating in almost every way at this point.

Her best song was the Jackson 5 number, but it was note-for-note karaoke. She can only imitate, not create.

Her home visit was almost sad, being that they took her to the local high school where she's never attended, being home-schooled.

Joshua did stereotypical Joshua on each song. Alternate screaming and gargling, ad nauseum. Over it.

PhillipX2 did fine, and the judges were all wet on the Matchbox 20 tune - he did it very well. His Seger tune was tenderly done, but he was clearly nervous as hell - that free hand was petting himself the entire song (not that this isn't something I imagine regularly).

I thought Jimmy Iovine's picks were the best songs of the night for each; the judges picks were the worst.

by Anonymousreply 3805/17/2012

Oh, and they should never let KoreanFunnyBoy near a camera again. Apparently he picked up facial tics from his Special Needs kids.

by Anonymousreply 3905/17/2012

Hot damn, Phillip was sexy last night. I loved the way he rubbed his palm on his leg while he sang. I agree that jessica's home visit was sad. I wonder why she is home schooled. The home schooling explains why she doesn't seem like a normal teenager, and never seemed to click with the other contestants.

by Anonymousreply 4005/17/2012

"Oh, and they should never let KoreanFunnyBoy near a camera again. Apparently he picked up facial tics from his Special Needs kids."

Every time the camera was on him, he put on an exagerrated pout! I wanted to smack that lower lip right off his face.

by Anonymousreply 4105/17/2012

Phillip breaking down and crying during his parade was really sweet.

by Anonymousreply 4205/17/2012

Hejerk just made another special face and the camera immediately panned off of him.

by Anonymousreply 4305/17/2012

Can you see another loser singer like Joshua Ledet winning and never hearing from him again?

by Anonymousreply 4505/17/2012

DL we did it. Our Phil is in the finals.

What songs will he desecrate next week?

by Anonymousreply 4605/17/2012

I love joshua's voice, but damn I am happy that I will se Phillips hot ass next week.

by Anonymousreply 4705/17/2012

Phillip is sooooo hot and cute. I wanted josh in the finale too because I like his voice..but his personality was off putting..he seems slow, and his attempts to prove his heterosexuality on the show were creepy

by Anonymousreply 4805/17/2012

It's abundantly clear that AI wants a female winner.

Joshua was Jessica's biggest competition, and he can sing circles around her. She has no personality, she often hits sour notes, and she's a Beyonce clone. As if we haven't seen her style in a million other female performers like Beyonce, Rihanna, Mariah, Christina A., etc., etc. It's so fucking PLAYED OUT.

Joshua was a unique gospel singer, and in my opinion, the new Luther. He has so much soul and stage presence, not to mention that he can sing the shit out of songs. I guarantee that he will be the Jennifer Hudson of this season.

Like Fantasia, Jessica will fade into obscurity, while Joshua will have a solid career. He has the "it" factor times 100.

I love Phillip, but the guy is so over-matched with Jessica. I can't stand R&B, but it seems to be what Randy, JLo and Jimmy Iovine are cumming over, so Jessica is a perfect fit.

Phillip will deliver three awful performances, and Jessica will be the new American Idol. Yawn.

I hope there's a backlash against her. I know people will be pissed because she was technically eliminated, and then saved by the judges. She should be out.

That said, her father is HOT AS FUCK, and I would go down on him in a second. Okay, carry on...

by Anonymousreply 4905/18/2012

Agree with most r49 said but Fantasia has not faded into obscurity. Repeated for emphasis - she won a Grammy and her album went gold last year. That is not fading into obscurity.

If anyone from the show equaled her current career, they'd be thrilled.

by Anonymousreply 5005/18/2012

IMO Randy is holding the show back, he needs to admit everyone else has moved on from over wrought shouting in tone, big ballad 90s r&b. Milking every note, using her hand to signify when she continuously slides up and down the scales, so cliched.

by Anonymousreply 5105/18/2012

"Like Fantasia, Jessica will fade into obscurity...."

Fantasia is going to be the star of the MOVIE "Mahalia!".

Tired of people judging "popularity" by their own insular ignorance.

by Anonymousreply 5205/18/2012

I was surprised at how hot jessica's dad was. He looks more Hispanic than Filipino. I think that Phillip will win because he has the teenaged girl vote, and they vote a lot.

by Anonymousreply 5305/18/2012

FYI r53, the dad is NOT Filipino, he's half Mexican half American.

by Anonymousreply 5405/18/2012

What is it with these huge rings Jessica and some of the others have been wearing? Her last one looked like a huge orange ladybug.

by Anonymousreply 5505/18/2012

I had no idea Jimmy produced Damn the Torpedoes and Patti Smith's Easter.

by Anonymousreply 5605/18/2012

Adam schooled those twerps

by Anonymousreply 5705/18/2012

Josh's biggest problem is that he and the music he matched up best with were a throwback to another era. Etta James, Sam Cook, James Brown,etc. were the artists he came alive with when he performed one of their songs. Sadly, the young teen voters probably never heard of those performers and Josh lost out.

by Anonymousreply 5805/18/2012

Yeah, R57, wasn't he great? Every time the judges gush about this year's crop being the greatest singers on the show EVER!!, I think about people like Adam.

by Anonymousreply 5905/18/2012

Stefano Langone will forever be the hottest AI contestant ever!

And here's why...

by Anonymousreply 6005/20/2012

What happened to the other AI thread on this season? The one we were posting on that had the weekly recaps? This thread is lame.

by Anonymousreply 6105/20/2012

R61, I like the other thread better too, but it won't load.

by Anonymousreply 6205/20/2012

Remember final 2 is tonite.

DL we must vote Phillip tonite. I want to see the judges heads spin when he is declared the winner.

Come on we did it last week. We can do it again.

by Anonymousreply 6305/22/2012

If P2 wins, it just shows America is the dumbest country in the world!

by Anonymousreply 6405/22/2012

R64, as opposed to the trained monkey, robot, Jessica who looks like a 12 year old hooker with an eating disorder?

by Anonymousreply 6505/22/2012

Finale just started.

by Anonymousreply 6605/22/2012

P-Squared just butchered another classic.

by Anonymousreply 6705/22/2012

Both suck.

by Anonymousreply 6805/22/2012

Okay, I haven't watched all season. Just tuned in tonight. And... they're both horrible.

by Anonymousreply 6905/22/2012

Phillip's song was great and he sang great despite having major kidney problems. He will probably be in surgery by Thursday this week.

by Anonymousreply 7005/22/2012

Phillip and his Phillips for the win.

DL start voting Now!

That's an order.

by Anonymousreply 7105/22/2012

Neither, thanks... both are way too saccharine for me.

by Anonymousreply 7205/22/2012

Are we voting?

by Anonymousreply 7305/22/2012

I think Phillip Phillips just won AI with his last song. That was brilliant!

by Anonymousreply 7405/22/2012

It is abundantly clear from the "single" choices that the Powers That Be want Phillips to win. His song was well crafted and on trend, while Jessica's song sounds like it was phoning from 1987. Too bad, because he is exactly the same guy that has won for the last 4 seasons in a row. I know people think men think with their dicks, but girls clearly think with their pussies since they keep voting for the sensitive guitar guy over and over. He is awful cute, but truly folks, he can't sing. The winner should have been Joshua.

by Anonymousreply 7505/22/2012

Phillips is gorgeous, and his song was perfect. But, Joshua should have been in the finals with Phillip.

by Anonymousreply 7605/22/2012

I wonder if Phillip can act, or if he's ever considered it. I'd love to see him on the big screen, because his face is far too beautiful for him to be stuck on radio.

by Anonymousreply 7705/23/2012

Why does Phillip Phillips's dad pack heat? Shouldn't they not let you bring guns into the Nokia Theater?

by Anonymousreply 7805/23/2012

Is Phillip growing taller every week? He started the season the same height as Ryan. Now he's a head taller than Ryan.

by Anonymousreply 7905/23/2012

Why does Phillip wear his hair like he's hiding a receding hairline? I know he's not going bald so why is he wearing a comb-over look?

by Anonymousreply 8005/23/2012

No posts at all for the finale? WTF?

by Anonymousreply 8105/24/2012

I posted in the Phillip Phillips thread.

It was pretty good. I enjoyed Aerosmith the most, Rhianna the least of the guest performers. Most of the medleys by the top 12 sucked, particularly the BeeGess number by the guys. Wow, just awful.

by Anonymousreply 8205/24/2012

Chaka khan sounded terrible. She looks pretty good for her age though.

by Anonymousreply 8405/24/2012

Had to be seen heard to be believed -

by Anonymousreply 8505/24/2012

Should say seen and heard.

by Anonymousreply 8605/24/2012

Ace proposes -

by Anonymousreply 8705/24/2012

by Anonymousreply 8805/24/2012

R85, that performance was unintentionally hilarious. Jennifer's facial expressions were so completely over the top and strange, that Jessica actually had to laugh and break character at one point.

The performance was definitely the highlight of the night, but for the wrong reasons. It was just weird.

by Anonymousreply 8905/24/2012

I think Phillip Phillips is adorable. Glad he won.

by Anonymousreply 9005/24/2012

Was Jennifer Holliday wearing a wig?

by Anonymousreply 9105/24/2012

her TEEFS!!!

by Anonymousreply 9205/24/2012

[quote] Jennifer's facial expressions were so completely over the top and strange,

They've always been

by Anonymousreply 9305/24/2012

Wow, R93, she was a blimp. She's certainly slimmed down. Oddly, it makes her bizzarre expressions much more pronounced now than when her face was so bloated.

by Anonymousreply 9405/24/2012

Omg r85, that was so funny! It is also funny the way Jennifer frowns and moves her head during a good performance.

by Anonymousreply 9505/24/2012

Ace needs layers in his hair. It's just so long and flat. And gross that he's fucking Diana DeGarmo. Is he a petalfile?

by Anonymousreply 9605/25/2012

I saw Ace and Diana naked in Hair on Broadway. Seeing Ace's cock every performance must have made Diana go crazy and chase after him and try to land him. I guess she succeeded. She is too ugly for him though.

by Anonymousreply 9705/25/2012

Wait, I thought Ace is/was gay?

by Anonymousreply 9805/25/2012

Diana is funny looking.

by Anonymousreply 9905/25/2012

all the laughter all the tears

I want to see Mariah and her crazy

I want to see Nikki and her crazy

I want to see Keith and his flat hair

I want to see Randy and his dawg

I want to see Phil and his Phillips

I want to see Bo and his jandras

I want to see Mandesa and her feets

All that and Ryan's shiny teeth on tonight's show

Sidenote: Usually the bearer of positivity, I'm not that excited about tonight's show. The new hosts seem annoying and Keith, while not annoying seems bland. I miss Simon.

Is this the beginning of the end of this show?

by Anonymousreply 10001/16/2013

There is nothing else on so I'm forced to watch.

by Anonymousreply 10101/16/2013

Did the red haired country guy just say jandras?

by Anonymousreply 10202/06/2013

Buh bye papa peaches

by Anonymousreply 10302/07/2013

Could someone please explain something to me...why do so many of these sob story-telling contestants cry copious tears over how they are auditioning to make things better for their families. I'm sorry, did I miss something, or is the one-in-a-million chance of actually winning American Idol the only way these lazy no-talent fucks can improve their families' lives? How about getting a damn job!? How about working two jobs? How about getting an education so the jobs you qualify for would pay more? No, instead, fantasies of living the life of a pop star is apparently only way dreams can come true and lift their familes out of bondage. Ugh, this uniquely 21st Century, American famewhore mindset makes my blood boil. And what makes it even more ludicrous is when these lazy asswipes can't even remember simple lyrics when it's their time to sing!

by Anonymousreply 10402/07/2013

No Love for AI tonight?

by Anonymousreply 10502/13/2013

[quote]No Love for AI tonight?

I didn't even know people still watched this shit.

by Anonymousreply 10602/13/2013

I thought there were a couple of performances the judges raved over that were complete pandering (the worship leader teddy-bear guy) and others they ragged on that were pretty excellent (the Jolley guy).

Hate this judging panel, although Nicky Minage is funnier than I expected.

by Anonymousreply 10703/07/2013

[quote]And the whitest season ever. I love me some soul and a big black girl voice.

by Anonymousreply 10803/07/2013

The latin stutterer has a huge bulge!

by Anonymousreply 10903/07/2013

[quote] The latin stutterer has a huge bulge!

He's Cuban. Cuban = HUGE uncut cock!

The young crazy kid with the feather earring who pouted throughout his critique, has some nice arms.

I predict he'll be a future serial killer.

I don't get the crazy admiration of Curtis. He over-sang his song, and it really wasn't that good. His runs were awful, and he was - in Randy's words - PITCHY. Yet no one called him out on it.

My fave was the Latin gay kid... Devin. He's very sexy and very Mark Anthony-ish. I think he could win the whole thing.

Everybody else was "meh."

by Anonymousreply 11003/07/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!