Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Channing Tatum

Legitimate movie star or just the second coming of Paul Walker?

by Anonymousreply 14512/13/2014

both are hot, who cares if they can act.

by Anonymousreply 101/23/2012

Paul Who?

I'm serious, I have no idea who that is.

I do, however, know who Channing Tatum is.

Which may or may not begin to answer your question.

by Anonymousreply 201/23/2012

Good question.

by Anonymousreply 301/23/2012

They are very similar. Channing Tatum is in a better position because he is handsome but isn't quite a "pretty boy" type like Paul Walker.

That makes him easier to be appeal to both women and straight men.

And in spite of his limited acting range almost everyone that has worked with Channing seems to genuinely like him a lot. That goes far in the industry.

by Anonymousreply 401/23/2012

Paul Walker is a nice guy. Maybe not the best actor in the world, but does a ton of charity work.

by Anonymousreply 501/23/2012

R2 must be either 12 or 92. How do you be a gay man and not know who Paul Walker is??

by Anonymousreply 601/23/2012

Also Channing Tatum has street cred in the hip hop community. He talks urban.

by Anonymousreply 701/23/2012

Channing Tatum is a cracker from rural Alabama. Just what street cred do you think he has? He's just a sleazy hustler.

by Anonymousreply 801/23/2012

He was also a male stripper. For men.

by Anonymousreply 901/23/2012

[quote]Paul Walker is a nice guy. Maybe not the best actor in the world, but does a ton of charity work.

You can say the same for Channing Tatum.

by Anonymousreply 1001/23/2012

Channing also supports his gays.

by Anonymousreply 1101/23/2012

Paul Walker is said to be a Mormon right, so right away that's suspect.

by Anonymousreply 1201/23/2012

Channing Tatum can't act for shit, despite the fact that Hollywood is trying its darndest to "make him happen". This year alone, he'll be starring in two Steven Soderbergh movies, a romantic drama with Rachel McAdams, as well as the G.I. Joe sequel and the 21 Jump Street remake. Expect to see him everywhere.

In terms of choosiness, he makes Christopher Walken look like Daniel Day-Lewis.

by Anonymousreply 1301/23/2012

Walker was hindered by the ol' closet dilemma.

Haven't heard much about CT's sex life.

by Anonymousreply 1401/23/2012

Paul has the bigger dick. Channing's is tiny and the skin is burned off with scars.

by Anonymousreply 1501/24/2012

Tatum was cute a few years back but hasn't aged well. And when he isn't in shape for a movie, he gets fat very quickly.

Not to mention that he can barely form sentences, much less emote.

Total lunkhead.

by Anonymousreply 1601/24/2012

[quote]Walker was hindered by the ol' closet dilemma. Haven't heard much about CT's sex life

What? I've never heard anything other than Walker being legitimately straight.

It is Channing who has widely been rumored to fool around with men during his stripping and modeling days.

by Anonymousreply 1701/24/2012

Channing Tatum has street cred. He played a hip hop dancer in Step Up, gets urban media attention, hangs with black dudes, and speaks in an authentically hip hop manner. Moreover, Bossip named Channing one of the Top 10 White Boys Whose Babies Black Women Wouldn’t Mind Having. Channing acts and sounds like a brotha. He has swagga.

by Anonymousreply 1801/25/2012

He was actually quite effective in [italic]A Guide to Recognizing Your Saints[/italic]. But his performances in other films...not so much.

by Anonymousreply 1901/25/2012

Tatum has always reminded me of Josh Hartnett....same squinty eyes, same mumbling delivery.

by Anonymousreply 2001/25/2012

Channing Tatum is hot.

DLers can be so fucking pathetic. What total bitches lol

by Anonymousreply 2101/25/2012

Seems kinda juvenile, beefy and dumb. Will not age well into playing grownup roles.

But I predicted pasty-faced, blue-collar Mark Wahlberg to fail, so what do I know.

by Anonymousreply 2201/25/2012

Stop resisting. He's going to be famous and you're going to love him.

by Anonymousreply 2301/25/2012

His name is stupid.

by Anonymousreply 2401/25/2012

I saw the trailer for his new film The Vow, right before I saw this post. If I were Rachel Adams I'd be concerned about my career, from Ryan Gosling to him as leading man.

I would take Paul Walker any day of the week. From the neck down CT is fine, but the neck up, no. There does seem a concerted effort to make him happen and I don't get it.

He's painful to listen to and watch on screen. He'd be fine if he stuck to action movies, lots of displays of his body, less 'acting'.

by Anonymousreply 2501/26/2012

DL has a lot of prissy gay ghetto dudes who are out of touch with mainstream America and tastes. That is so many kooky ideas are embraced here. CT is clearly hot.

by Anonymousreply 2601/28/2012

And can't act for shit.

by Anonymousreply 2701/28/2012

To break into superstardom, CT needs to ditch the nobody wife and start dating starlets, go to rehab after a very public melt down, beat up some photographers. Sitting at home isn't doing his career any favors.

by Anonymousreply 2801/28/2012

Paul Walker's a "nice guy"? LOL! He's lucky he's not in jail for statutory rape. His current girlfriend (also LOL!) was 14 years old when he started dating her.

R26= Fred Phelps.

Channing Tatum is super hot. Not the best actor, but if George Clooney can get an Oscar nod, I'm not sure acting ability matters anymore.

by Anonymousreply 2901/28/2012

Paul Walker is 38 now, he was born in 1973. Now I'm not saying is that true but he always use to be 7 years older than me. So he should be 40.

by Anonymousreply 3001/28/2012

NY Magazine calls him a charisma vacuum in his new film. I'm wondering why Hollywood seems intent on making him happen.

by Anonymousreply 3102/10/2012

He's not Martin Henderson, that's for sure!

by Anonymousreply 3202/10/2012

He looks retarded to me. But, only to me. I don't find him very attractive.

by Anonymousreply 3302/10/2012

Only in a fucked up DL world is Channing Tatum a not hot guy who looks retarded.

Sometimes posters here are too pathetic for words.

by Anonymousreply 3402/10/2012

He does look ... special. But, let's ask this question in 3 years or so. My guess is that the answer will be "Channing who?"

by Anonymousreply 3502/10/2012

[quote]But there’s something about him that seems … ever-so-lightly-brain-damaged. I mean, he’s clearly not in real life. But there’s a quality to him onscreen as if there’s something going on besides whatever else is going on in the scene; it’s an 'absent' quality

by Anonymousreply 3602/10/2012

Hotter guys that do exist, R34. And, yes, he does look retarded. His eyes are very close together.

by Anonymousreply 3702/10/2012

R35, typical DL response that's supposed to be witty and profound.

by Anonymousreply 3802/10/2012

It was very witty and profound, R38.

by Anonymousreply 3902/10/2012

The person who compared him to Josh Hartnett is spot on. I'd say he has more in common with Hartnett than Walker. Like Hartnett, he has that urban boy swagger and laid back demeanor. I think Harnett may be the better actor out the two, but Tatum is definitely hotter.

And, boy, he can dance his ass off! Step It Up was a cheesy, throwaway movie, but his dance scenes were incredible. I haven't seen a white boy move with such agility like that in film since Revolta in Saturday Night Fever. Tatum is going to be around for a while, I think. He knows his range, thus, he picks movies that suit him. Tatum knows he'll be more of a pinup movie star than an actor with serious chops.

by Anonymousreply 4002/10/2012

He's having a moment but all of his movies are complete crap and he can't act.

And my god, the previews for 21 Jump Street are painfully unfunny.

Nobody will care by next year.

by Anonymousreply 4102/10/2012

R35 is correct...

I often confuse this:

by Anonymousreply 4202/10/2012

With this...

by Anonymousreply 4302/10/2012

Oh, what happened to Corky's head?

by Anonymousreply 4402/10/2012

Yeah, he's not hot to me.

by Anonymousreply 4502/10/2012

Holy shit r36! People in Hollywood ARE MEAN! Leave it to an agent to call someone brain-damaged and then try to turn it into a complement.

And I just watched the trailer for 21 Jump Street - EPIC FAIL.

by Anonymousreply 4602/10/2012

I love r21/34/38's ongoing hissy fit because the rest of us don't find "Baby Huey" Tatum as attractive as he does.

by Anonymousreply 4702/10/2012

Don't be so jealous of a hot man, r47!

by Anonymousreply 4802/10/2012

[quote]Only in a fucked up DL world is Channing Tatum a not hot guy who looks retarded. Sometimes posters here are too pathetic for words.

I completely agree, but at this point I am no longer shocked when DLers utterly savage any and all very attractive male celebrities. I gave up the first time some bitch uttered, in all seriousness, that Brad Pitt was "hideous." (And that was long before he hooked up with Angelina.)

Channing Tatum is not a great actor, but he's definitely better than Paul Walker, who can't act, period. Walker is hot to death but has zero personality as well; Tatum at least seems to have a sense of humor, and he did surprisingly well on SNL last week. Contrary to R41's wannabe-schadenfreude proclamation, "The Vow" will be just as popular with straight women aged 15 to 45 as "The Notebook" was, and regardless of how much of a crapfest "G.I. Joe 2" is, it will nevertheless earn at the very least as much as its predecessor ($300 million worldwide). "21 Jump Street" actually looks funny, at least when one isn't wearing a Scrooge outfit like R41.

by Anonymousreply 4902/10/2012

How long before some deluded fanboy/fanfrau declares him a future Oscar winner?

by Anonymousreply 5002/10/2012

Nope, R50. And He knows it. Give that to him: he has no pretention. He knows he can't play in the big leagues with Daniel Day Lewis, for instance, and he makes the best with what he has access to. Appears to be grateful with the B movies he is given.

People seem to appreciate his positive and modest attitude.

+ he is an eye-candy. What is wrong with that?

by Anonymousreply 5102/10/2012

One review called Tatum "a very handsome steak."

Heh.

by Anonymousreply 5202/11/2012

[quote]Contrary to R41's wannabe-schadenfreude proclamation, "The Vow" will be just as popular with straight women aged 15 to 45 as "The Notebook" was

And I've quickly been proven correct.

by Anonymousreply 5302/11/2012

Someone please tell me WEHT to Josh Hartnett? Unlike Hartnett, Channing is still around since 2005. That's seven years of decent movies whether he can act or not. He is hot,white boy with swagga and his wife is hawt too. I do like him even if he's from Alabama.

by Anonymousreply 5402/11/2012

R54, he's not that hot; he doesn't really work out; he's always had weird facial hair; and his acting consists mostly of monotonic mumbling.

by Anonymousreply 5502/11/2012

R55- I think he's hot. My opinion. I must say he was hotter to me before. Now not that much. But, my point is Hollywood isn't trying to still make him happen. He's happening. Has been for years now. I thought he would have fizzled out now. Yet he keeps getting good scripts and decent movies. Whereas Josh didn't last that long. I thought he would now can't even remember what he played in last.

by Anonymousreply 5602/11/2012

It seems like Josh lost interest in his career just as much as Hollywood lost interest in him.

by Anonymousreply 5702/11/2012

He definitely works out the way he can go from chunky to buff is not natural. Moreover, when he is in shape, he is quite muscular.

by Anonymousreply 5902/14/2012

I wish:

by Anonymousreply 6002/15/2012

R56, pray tell, what are the "good scripts" that he keeps getting? The Vow? Everything I've seen him in has been mediocre or downright crap.

by Anonymousreply 6102/15/2012

Walker never received the intense hype that CT is getting...at least as far as I recall. But he did look better, for sure.

Paul Walker's ass would make a good face for Channing Tatum.

by Anonymousreply 6202/15/2012

Even Paul Walker's second coming might be impressive and fun to watch.

by Anonymousreply 6302/15/2012

A couple of years ago Channing had scalding water poured over his penis.

It was painful for months and prevented him from having sex for a while.

by Anonymousreply 6402/15/2012

I'm not sure why R49 says Paul Walker has no personality. Do you mean Paul (the actor) has no screen presence? Because Paul (the person) definitely has a personality. He's very into the environment, and runs a charity (Reach Out) that does a ton of relief work for earthquakes and other natural disasters. And unlike some celebrities, he doesn't do it for the publicity and camera crews.

by Anonymousreply 6502/15/2012

Channing stripping:

by Anonymousreply 6602/18/2012

R65=Mormon troll alert. How stupid of you to believe that.

by Anonymousreply 6702/20/2012

Paul Walker = Channing Tatum = Tinynip Extraordinnaire

Who cares!

by Anonymousreply 6802/20/2012

I saw Paul Walker on a Nat Geo or Discovery show about White Shark research. He goes off on these long expeditions with the crews. It was quite fascinating. He seemed like a very decent guy.

by Anonymousreply 6902/20/2012

I'd hardly call that stripping, R66. It's just a guy with his shirt off.

by Anonymousreply 7002/20/2012

R70, are you blind? ... and his pants open and sliding down. With a white g-string-looking bikini-type underwear on underneath.

by Anonymousreply 7102/20/2012

The body is good, but still, that face. Straight up red neck. Blah.

by Anonymousreply 7202/20/2012

R71, he is not stripping. He is just changing backstage. He is not in front of an audience.

by Anonymousreply 7302/20/2012

He's changing backstage at a fashion show, he's not stripping.

by Anonymousreply 7402/20/2012

R73, you understand that "stripping" is defined as "removing one's clothes", right?

Or do you want to continue to sound like a fucking moron?

by Anonymousreply 7502/20/2012

R74 = retarded too. Jesus Christ, morons, LEARN THE FUCKING ENGLISH LANGUAGE.

by Anonymousreply 7602/20/2012

Stripping usually means taking one's clothes off on stage for money.

by Anonymousreply 7702/20/2012

Exactly, R77.

R75/R76 doesn't seem to get this.

by Anonymousreply 7802/20/2012

No, that's just one meaning. And I think the context was pretty clear. It's clear from the photo where he is, and the camera caught him stripping off his pants.

(rolling eyes)

Seriously, why the fuck are you arguing about this anyway? Just to be a dick?

by Anonymousreply 7902/20/2012

No, R78, you're the one that doesn't get it.

Guys strip off their shirts. Strip off their underwear. It doesn't mean they can only do that on a stage for dollar tips.

You're a fucking moron. Go back to school, you idiot.

by Anonymousreply 8002/20/2012

Bottom line is, he seems to have gotten a lot fatter since then.

Why ?

by Anonymousreply 8102/20/2012

Take your meds, R80. You are wrong and you were called out for it. Let's move on.

by Anonymousreply 8202/20/2012

Funny no one mentions the nose job Paul Walker had after he starred in She's All That! You can tell more in the 1;30 mark.

by Anonymousreply 8302/20/2012

I am not wrong. YOU are wrong. And you need to go back to school. My statement was not only accurate and true, it was a great caption for a sexy and amusing pic.

You're just an ignorant dick. You're wrong. And like a republican, you cling to being wrong adamantly even when it's pointed out clearly how wrong you are.

You're narrow, tiny, small little mind can't seem to fathom that words might have more than one strict meaning.

He is stripping. Not for money. Not for an audience. He's stripping off his pants, and the camera caught it.

by Anonymousreply 8402/20/2012

R84, yes people can 'strip' off their clothes without it being for money, but you forget 2 points:

1. It is normally referred to as 'taking' off your clothes when it is not done for money

2. Because Channing WAS a stripper it makes sense to only describe him as 'stripping' if in fact that is what he is doing

A reasonable person would have assumed it to have been a pic of Channing stripping on stage.

by Anonymousreply 8502/20/2012

I just saw his SNL episode and lawd, is he one hot piece of ass. He SO reminds me of one of those guys who would strip in a gay bar and go home with you if the price was right. The opening sequence when he gyrated on the stage in those tight pants and suspenders, and the stripping skit where he was dressed as a construction worker in denim short-shorts--WOAH. And he was pretty funny spoofing Matthew McConaughey, too. He's got his voice down pat.

by Anonymousreply 8602/20/2012

I suspected Paul had a nose job R83. I thought the premise of that whole film was weird, how can Prinze Jr (hot as he was then) be considered hottest guy in school when he goes to the same school as Paul Walker!

Paul was very different then in general, he had a stocky Jock look.. looked so much better in his 30s.

by Anonymousreply 8702/20/2012

Woah, how'd he get so doughy in like 2 weeks? Weird.

by Anonymousreply 8802/20/2012

The New York Times had an article about this very subject today!

Their conclusion:

[quote]Mr. Tatum’s industry fans say he appeals to women in part because he’s attractive but not so stunning as to appear unattainable. At the same time his down-to-earth attitude, mixed with a whiff of immaturity, helps male moviegoers see him as a buddy instead of competition.

by Anonymousreply 8903/11/2012

Jeez people. Jealous much. Channing is hot and everyone knows it. Get over it. You either wish you had him or could be him.

by Anonymousreply 9007/05/2012

Being a southerner, and not a Mormon, Tatum has much more personality than Walker.

by Anonymousreply 9107/07/2012

R90, I think you're overreacting. You sound very protective of Channing. He's decent-looking and has a successful career at the moment, but he is not the next Brad Pitt in terms of heartthrob status, nor is he the next Anthony Hopkins in terms of acting ability.

R91, cut it with the anti-Mormon nonsense. Paul Walker is not a Mormon - he rejected his parents' religion long ago and even had a child outside of marriage.

by Anonymousreply 9207/07/2012

CT - not necessarily retarted. He mimics black men. Why ? Because he does not have the will to stand up and be counted. Basically he's a follower. Actually, like most whites who act black, their scared to be themselves. Sorry CT, it is what it is...

by Anonymousreply 9307/11/2012

Channing IS becoming the next Brad Pitt, so get over it!!

by Anonymousreply 9407/11/2012

He fucks aaah....me

by Anonymousreply 9501/11/2013

Tatum is already more popular by far than Walker ever was. He also has urban culture cred, which Walker never did. He can dance and talks in a hip hop style. He has swag.

by Anonymousreply 9601/11/2013

Black people love Tatum and bestow upon the ultimate compliment that he is one "fine white dude that could get it."

by Anonymousreply 9701/11/2013

by Anonymousreply 9801/12/2013

He was so so bad in The Vow. He has the emotional range of a tree stump.

by Anonymousreply 9901/12/2013

[R90] Why does that matter to you? It seems like jealously to me...

by Anonymousreply 10001/13/2013

[R97] Oh please, shut the fuck up! I'm black, most black people aren't checking for most white dudes.

Reality check, most black gay/bi dues aren't checking for white dudes so apparently there is something about him that has universal appeal...

by Anonymousreply 10101/13/2013

He is S-E-X-Y!

by Anonymousreply 10201/13/2013

Channing Tatum is gonna be even hotter than 2013 than he was in 2012.

by Anonymousreply 10302/08/2013

I know he has a hot body, not a body that appeals to me though. He is not handsome, average nice looking at best. I do think he has a great personality and is probably a nice guy.

by Anonymousreply 10502/08/2013

He is not as goodlooking as he was 10 years ago, but he is still hot. Plus, he has swagger.

by Anonymousreply 10602/08/2013

Channing Tatum is hot as shit. He oozes sex. Not the most beautiful face, but the sexiest, if that makes sense. He was built for fucking. His attitude is hot too.

by Anonymousreply 10702/13/2013

An inspiration to retired rent boys everywhere.

by Anonymousreply 10802/14/2013

He was charming in Side Effects.

by Anonymousreply 10902/18/2013

This guy is going to look like total shit in five years. I know a guy that had his body type (looked good as long as he exercised, but gained weight easily), and by the time he was 35, he looked like shit, and by 40 he barely looked like the same person.

Just look at how fast Channings looks have went down the drain. This is him in 2008:

by Anonymousreply 11002/18/2013

And this is him in 2013:

by Anonymousreply 11102/18/2013

Can't believe he hasn't had his teeth fixed yet.

by Anonymousreply 11206/17/2013

Channing is sexy but Paul Walker Is a lot better looking, too bad his career is over.

by Anonymousreply 11306/17/2013

(I Wanna) Channing All Over Your Tatum - Official Music Video

by Anonymousreply 11406/18/2013

Paul Walker is better looking than anyone but he isn't interested in playing the fame game. He is low key and doesn't live in Hollywood. He could have been a much bigger star if he wanted, regardless of acting skills.

by Anonymousreply 11506/18/2013

I'm really surprised no one is talking about his cameo in This Is The End.

I never believed Channing was bisexual or gay like people hear, but watching that scene and listening to Seth Rogen talk about what Channing was like on set...yeah I believe it now.

by Anonymousreply 11606/20/2013

Link to the interview where Seth talks about Channing on set?

And Channing's cameo got probably the biggest laugh in my theater.

I've always believed the bisexual rumors just because they have been around so strongly since anyone even knew he he was. To his credit I don't think Channing has ever bothered to deny it, so whether it is true or not I appreciate the way he really doesn't give a fuck.

Seems like a great guy regardless of what you think of his looks/acting ability.

by Anonymousreply 11706/20/2013

Have a listen.

If there is an UNRATED version, I'm buying it.

by Anonymousreply 11806/20/2013

jesus christ R118

by Anonymousreply 11906/20/2013

Paul Walker never attained the superstar status Channing now has. In "This is the End," the dudes exalt Channing as hotter than any other celebrity, the dude that every guy lusts for. I hear my straight bros talk about Channing Tatum as that dude they would do it with. Women of course cite Channing as the male sex symbol. At the same time, he doesn't take himself too seriously and is viewed as down to Earth. He is the new Brad Pitt, except cooler, and he can dance.

by Anonymousreply 12006/20/2013

agreed, R118. We need to see the unrated version.

I like how Seth is no prude, in fact his humor is kind of nasty, but even he was shocked by Channing.

No wonder Emma Watson had enough and walked off set LOL

by Anonymousreply 12106/20/2013

I [italic]just [/italic]watched the Rogen clip about Tatum's cameo. I love that he was willing to be that ridiculous. And I love that Michael Cera was willing to play himself as a jackass. I may have to watch this in the theater and not wait for the DVD.

by Anonymousreply 12206/20/2013

It's worth the trip to the theater and go stoned if you smoke, it's even funnier.

by Anonymousreply 12306/20/2013

Sexy

by Anonymousreply 12410/09/2013

He has a cameo in the movie Don Jon.

by Anonymousreply 12510/17/2013

No one could ever replace Paul Walker... NO ONE!

by Anonymousreply 12610/17/2013

Paul Walker is boring.

by Anonymousreply 12710/17/2013

I think Channing does well because straight women and gay men think he's hot, while straight men think he's just one of the guys. He also knows his limitations as an actor and he seems to be a genuinely nice guy.

Paul is much hotter but he has no talent and not much personality.

by Anonymousreply 12810/17/2013

what is this?

by Anonymousreply 12907/05/2014

f

by Anonymousreply 13009/18/2014

d

by Anonymousreply 13109/30/2014

Barely legal Channing Tatum stripping down to a thong at a strip club.

by Anonymousreply 13210/18/2014

He's a cutie

by Anonymousreply 13310/18/2014

[You do realize that this is a troll, right? It just craves attention. You might want to stop talking to it.]

by Anonymousreply 13410/18/2014

He'll be in shape again for the new Magic Mike Movie I guarantee R134.

by Anonymousreply 13510/18/2014

he's hotter than ever

by Anonymousreply 13610/18/2014

He was hottest a decade ago as a model.

by Anonymousreply 13712/01/2014

His eyes are too squinty.

by Anonymousreply 13812/01/2014

Tatum is the perfect example of how to get ahead in hollywood. He will put out to get roles, he did it from the start.

by Anonymousreply 13912/01/2014

I'm afraid he's the new Mark Wahlberg.

by Anonymousreply 14012/01/2014

He seems even dumber than Brad Pitt and he looks more bloated than DiCaprio. He also can't act, has zero charisma and charm, no wit. What retarded Hollywood exec thought this guy should be a star?

by Anonymousreply 14112/01/2014

Rooney Mara scared him while they were doing a sex scene in Side Effects?

by Anonymousreply 14212/13/2014

And yet, he is perfection, God's gift to man.

WHAT A CHARMER.

by Anonymousreply 14312/13/2014

He was really good in, "Foxcatcher" (and you see his ass!), as was Mark Ruffalo. But Steve Carrell got a nomination, doing a one note performance.

by Anonymousreply 14412/13/2014

He's a racist cracker from Alabama and Mississippi.

by Anonymousreply 14512/13/2014
Need more help? Click Here.