Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Is George Lucas gay?

I couldn't sit through Star Wars because I didn't believe the director was straight. But seriously.... Is he?

by The is he gay trollreply 4501/04/2013

Well, there's been some speculation over the years, but nothing definitive.

Still, a few points to think over:

1. Got married at a young age to an older woman who left him for another man because he spent more time with his special effects than with her.

2. Has never had a biological child or re-married.

3. Has cast several gay actors in his films, eg. Ian McDiarmid, Anthony Daniels, Hayden Christensen etc.

4. Had a particular interest in picking Hayden Christensen for the part even though Hayden gave a bad audition.

5. Appears intimidated by strong women and thus rarely includes them in his movies, and the women he does cast (eg. Natalie Portman & Carrie Fisher, tend to be very short).

6. C-3PO and R2-D2 are considered by many to be a bitchy, gay couple.

by The is he gay trollreply 101/22/2012

I've always thought he was asexual or something, but R1 makes an interesting case.

by The is he gay trollreply 201/22/2012

He gave an interview about Red Tails, the movie he produced about the black pilots in WWII. He mentioned that his gf was black and they've been together for several years.

by The is he gay trollreply 301/22/2012

Yeah he's out, R4. Out of work.

by The is he gay trollreply 501/22/2012

Was his jaw surgically removed?

by The is he gay trollreply 601/22/2012

He seems to like his twink male actors, like Mark Hamill and Hayden Christensen, so I guess that's a "yes."

by The is he gay trollreply 701/22/2012

lol @ no 4, R1. Explains why he got his career, I did just think it must be looks based.

by The is he gay trollreply 801/22/2012

[quote] 1. Got married at a young age to an older woman who left him for another man

He married his high school sweetheart who was a year younger than him. But yes, she apparently did leave him for another man.

by The is he gay trollreply 901/22/2012

He probably never remarried because his first wife took him to the cleaners when they got divorced. Also, I wouldn't call Princess Leia and Marion Ravenwood weak female characters. They seem like pretty strong women to me given the genre.

by The is he gay trollreply 1001/22/2012

He is dating financial guru and black Suze Orman type Melody Hobson! (bitch can by her own stuff!!!)

Watch them give a master class tomorrow on OWN!

by The is he gay trollreply 1201/22/2012

While I'm on a roll...

1. Wikipedia link on his daughter Amanda Lucas, which also explains why Lucas didn't have biological children.

by The is he gay trollreply 1301/22/2012

I love Melody Hobson. She is the BIZ. Why the hell she would be interested in Lucas ($$$ I know) escapes me. She has a lot going for her.

by The is he gay trollreply 1401/22/2012

Lucas was serious about Linda Ronstadt for a while -- back in the 80s, I think. I believe they were even engaged for a time.

Also, a friend of mine is a friend of his current gf. While it's theoretically possible that Lucas is gay or bi, I doubt it, given that we know about at least a few significant relationships he's had with women, and also given that there don't appear to be any rumors about his involvement with men or any specific man.

by The is he gay trollreply 1501/22/2012

well he is George Lucas afterall....he may prefer robots and stuff to people

by The is he gay trollreply 1601/22/2012

R3, that's evidence for the gay file. Also, in his interviews he sometimes kind of giggles to himself in a very gay way. I definitely think that he's gay and isn't hiding it very well.

by The is he gay trollreply 1701/22/2012

Lucas could barely keep his hands off Hayden Christensen. He was entranced by Hayden the moment he saw him on the t.v. show "Higher Ground". He demanded that Hayden be flown down from Vancouver to L.A. to audition for him.

by The is he gay trollreply 1801/22/2012

Melody and George were going to come to a museum I used to work for on one of his visits to see her in Chicago. Melody's assistant called late in the day on a Friday to book a private tour on a Sunday to insure that no fans bothered him. We moved heaven and earth to accomodate them and they cancelled Sunday am because he decided to watch Nascar on Melody's TV instead.

by The is he gay trollreply 1901/22/2012

Mellody is a dyke. And I should know.

by The is he gay trollreply 2001/22/2012

Hayden & George:

by The is he gay trollreply 2101/22/2012

So, Amanda is gay then?

by The is he gay trollreply 2201/22/2012

George Lucas being sexually active is as disturbing to me as imagining how Ewoks mate.

by The is he gay trollreply 2301/22/2012

I bet he likes it rough and degrading.

by The is he gay trollreply 2401/22/2012

Seriously, R23. I just prefer to believe that George Lucas is asexual because the thought of him having sex - with a woman or a man - is just too fucked-up.

by The is he gay trollreply 2501/22/2012

Hayden Christensen is a great cocksucker. I wouldn't be surprised if that's how he got the part.

by The is he gay trollreply 2601/22/2012

I know someone who worked with him in the late 90s. Mostly with his staff, but occasionally with him directly.

She said he was extremely arrogant and almost comically unable to emphathize with anyone. She also said he gave off no particular gay vibe.

by The is he gay trollreply 2701/22/2012

I was shocked at how truly awful the second two sequels "The Phantom Menace", and "Attack of the Clones" were. Shitty dialogue, execrable acting, and inept story-telling! Were was the George Lucas of "American Graffiti"?

by The is he gay trollreply 2801/22/2012

R28, that's not entirely true, the best part of the prequels is the rise of Emperor Palpatine.

As was pointed out in the "Best Villain Ever" Ian McDairmud (sp?) was absolutely brilliant in the role, largeely bcause Lucas let him do whatever he wanted. Of course, that was a rare example of Lucas's notorious indifference to his actors working in his favor for once, but also... Lucas's writing about Palpatine was damn good. He convincingly thought out how an utterly evil and unscrupulous man could manipulate galactic events, and gradually seduce a dope like Skywalker, and get away with it all.

It made me see Lucas in a different light, someone who understands how to use power, which might explain a lot about his success. Maybe he also likes to seduce blond twinks, who knows.

by The is he gay trollreply 2901/23/2012

Having met Lucas and his girlfriend on a plane to London a few years ago, I doubt he's gay. However, I do think Rick McCalum (sp?), who produced the prequels, is gay. Or at least gives off that vibe, which may explain the casting of Hayden...

by The is he gay trollreply 3002/11/2012

You couldn't sit through Star Wars because you didn't believe the director was straight? What does that have to do with anything? Star Wars is a great film.

by The is he gay trollreply 3102/11/2012

George has just announced his engagement to Melody Hobson. I guess he plans on enjoying his recently announced retirement.

by The is he gay trollreply 3201/04/2013

No, he's not gay --- because we don't want him. He's FUG.

by The is he gay trollreply 3301/04/2013

I remember a 60 Minutes piece on him years ago where they interviewed his friends as part of it. George came across to me as gay. I think he has a bit of gay voice. But most telling was when the interviewer was speaking to Francis Ford Coppola and he started talking about George dating "someone" in the future although he was at the time single, then quickly added, "dating a woman." It came across as odd that he added dating a woman, and the look on FFC's face when he said it was like he slipped up at first by saying it in a gender-neutral way.

by The is he gay trollreply 3401/04/2013

[all posts by right wing shit-stain # a removed.]

by The is he gay trollreply 3501/04/2013

I've been thinking he is gay for about the last 10 years. Maybe he realized that was what people were thinking, so he decided to get a girlfriend.

by The is he gay trollreply 3601/04/2013

OK, you grossed me out with a vision of Lucas having sex, but seeing Lucas as Spielberg's bottom made me laugh out loud.

by The is he gay trollreply 3701/04/2013

He's a billionaire that looks like a trucker with type 2 diabetes. If he's trying to attract other men he's pretty damned bad at it.

As for this:

[quote]3. Has cast several gay actors in his films, eg. Ian McDiarmid, Anthony Daniels, Hayden Christensen etc.

Such a statement could be said of any director, given how many gay & bisexual actors there are in H'wood.

by The is he gay trollreply 3801/04/2013

[quote]Appears intimidated by strong women and thus rarely includes them in his movies

Princess Leia is practically a feminist icon, so you need to rethink that little theory of yours.

by The is he gay trollreply 3901/04/2013

Here's his son's twitter. Sounds like a typical young guy... only with lots of money. :-)

by The is he gay trollreply 4001/04/2013

My dad stole one of George's girlfriends. This would have been late 70's or early 80's. My dad isn't a rich man, but he is straight.

by The is he gay trollreply 4101/04/2013

I didn't get the impression that Carrie Fisher would have anything good about him but that has nothit.ng to do with gay or straigh

by The is he gay trollreply 4201/04/2013

[all posts by right wing shit-stain # a removed.]

by The is he gay trollreply 4301/04/2013

He's straight, and engaged to his hot black girlfriend. Georgie loves the black girls. He was seen several times over the years ogling Janet Jackson at various public events. Here's one said pic (not sure who the other people are)...

by The is he gay trollreply 4401/04/2013

Your own obsession with child rape leads me to believe you're a pedophile yourself.

by The is he gay trollreply 4501/04/2013
Need more help? Click Here.