Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Matt Bomer joins "Normal Heart" movie

Actor will play Mark Ruffalo's AIDS stricken boyfriend.

Still no plans to come out.

by Anonymousreply 13904/21/2013

What has matt bomer actually said about his sexuality? quotes please!

by Anonymousreply 101/20/2012

So Matt and Jim are in the movie?? YAAYYYYYY!

by Anonymousreply 201/20/2012

He still won't come out.

by Anonymousreply 301/20/2012

Bomer came out in a roundabout way (see link) with a very strange answer.

He seems to be annoyed that some think if he's closeted he must be miserable (fair enough) but why mention the show riding on his shoulders. Very honest for once at least, not what you usually see.

by Anonymousreply 401/20/2012

Op, how do you know what his plans are? He goes go gay events, appears in gay plays/movies, is outspoken on lgbt rights, and doesn't hide his family. Why can't he keep quiet so he can continue his movie career? What's wrong with that?

by Anonymousreply 501/20/2012

I cum at the thought of him shaking his shit in a thong. June, please get here already!

by Anonymousreply 601/20/2012

At least he's doing a gay part, I like those who try and say something about their personal lives through their work - or at least don't shy away with it. Latifah played a bulldyke. It's their way of hinting at it to the public. Better than straight people taking all those roles.

But Julia Roberts is the cast? Oh no. Deal breaker. Why not just bring back the fabulous Ellen Barkin.

by Anonymousreply 701/20/2012

Julia Roberts is a horrendous choice for Dr. Emma Brookner. It should be Joan Allen, Cherry Jones or Laura Linney.

by Anonymousreply 801/20/2012

How big was this role in the play? Is it gritty acting? Do you think Bomer could get some award buzz if all goes well?

by Anonymousreply 901/20/2012

r9 The guy who played it in the last revival on Bway won the Tony but that was unusual . Usually the role isn't the one that gets much attention.

by Anonymousreply 1001/21/2012

Please remember that this is a Ryan Murphy movie and the material is over the top to begin with. It is going to blow.

by Anonymousreply 1101/21/2012

the reason Julia Roberts is in the cast, as opposed to Ellin Barkin, is that her name means they can raise the financing. The only way Barkin can do that is if she sells off more of Perleman's baubles and hands Ryan a check. Sorry, but that's show BIZ.

by Anonymousreply 1201/21/2012

R5 is right. I don't think of Matt Bomer as closeted. I like the fact that here is someone who is just being himself, and no "announcements." Maybe the time is close when we can all be like that.

by Anonymousreply 1301/21/2012

Too bad Matt Bomer is a shitty actor.

by Anonymousreply 1401/21/2012

r14

Now, now.

I've actually loved him in everything-In Time, Texas C Massacre, Traveler- apart from White Collar. The writing is soo bad.

by Anonymousreply 1501/21/2012

Is this going to be part 4 of the ongoing debate about the height and everything else of one Matt Bomer?

by Anonymousreply 1601/21/2012

why can't they also include Lee pace and Luke Macfarlane too SIgh!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 1701/21/2012

@R14 I saw him in "The Texas Chainsaw Massicre: The Beginning and he's far from a bad actor. He doesn't get to show off his skills in White Collar very much but that isn't his fault. I'm looking forward to seeing him on the big screen again. Well two times, in this film and in magic mike.

by Anonymousreply 1801/21/2012

True R12 but depressing. I fucking hate that bitch!

You'd have thought Mark Ruffalo would help, he's not a big name but has more star power now.

At least Ellen's surgery is amusing and less distracting than old horse mouth's bulging lips.

Jim Parsons but not Lee Pace is a downer as well. Not keen on Ryan Murphy either. Looks like another Oscar bid for Roberts.

by Anonymousreply 1901/21/2012

Can't they get the closeted British guy a role in this, too? Luke someone or other?

by Anonymousreply 2001/21/2012

Very pleased about Jim Parsons being in this film. I heard he was great in his role on Broadway.

by Anonymousreply 2101/21/2012

I saw the recent revival on Broadway, and Jim Parsons was quite good. Although his role was small, he got most of the laughs in this obviously dark play with his humorous line readings.

by Anonymousreply 2201/21/2012

I've neither seen nor read this play - why is a heterosexual woman character so front and center in a gay male play?

by Anonymousreply 2301/21/2012

Mark Ruffalo is such a good actor - this is going to be heartbreaking to watch

by Anonymousreply 2401/21/2012

[quote]I've neither seen nor read this play - why is a heterosexual woman character so front and center in a gay male play?

She is a doctor. One of the first to notice the outbreak of AIDs and try to stop it.

Who is the character based on or is it an ammaglgamation of several people?

by Anonymousreply 2501/21/2012

oops sorry for all the typos

by Anonymousreply 2601/21/2012

Some of us use performances in "The Normal Heart" as an effective means of casually coming out of the closet, Matt.

by Anonymousreply 2701/21/2012

When were and where were you in The Normal Heart, Zach?

by Anonymousreply 2801/21/2012

"Too bad Matt Bomer is a shitty actor."

Well, he was accepted to a prestigious acting program (Carnegie Mellon) so obviously not everyone agrees.

And I'm not sure how you can say he has "no plans" to come out. Just because he hasn't done so yet doesn't mean he won't in the future. I think doing the afterelton interview was his way of testing the waters...

by Anonymousreply 2901/21/2012

Matt's tested the water on coming out so many times I'm surprised he hasn't drowned yet.

by Anonymousreply 3001/21/2012

Quinto did "Angels in America" r27.

by Anonymousreply 3101/21/2012

R25, she's based on, among others, Dr. Mathilde Krim, who was out front and center during the AIDS crisis.

Roberts is a horrible choice for Brookner and her "performance" is guaranteed to blunt the power of the great monologue that is something of a showstopper in the stage version.

by Anonymousreply 3201/21/2012

If Julia Roberts drops out, I could do an impression of Dr. Mathilde Krim as filtered through Ellen Barkin. You know I could.

by Anonymousreply 3301/21/2012

Great to see everyone here so excited for Matt's good news, fuckwits.

FWIW, I don't see how he can do this play and not fully come out. He's going to be asked in depth about playing the role of a gay man who contracts AIDs, and he and Simon will know that. He tends to answer very honestly when asked about his craft as an actor, and his experience as a gay man will be essential to informing his work in this role.

I suspect the opportunity to come out at the same time as he's talking about this role will be taken, and it's all part of the plan. If he still doesn't take this opportunity, then even I will be disappointed.

by Anonymousreply 3401/21/2012

I think you should gird yourself for disappointment, r34, as I predict he won't come out even after this.

by Anonymousreply 3501/21/2012

I saw Glenn Close do the doctor role in a charity reading last year. She was great and certainly a much better choice than Roberts.

by Anonymousreply 3601/21/2012

I am prepared to be disappointed, R35, but we'll see. If he doesn't come out, and has to skirt around the issue when talking about this movie, then he shouldn't have taken the fucking part. I'm sure he has other offers.

The fact he's chosen to taken the part indicates to me he'll be open about his orientation when talking about it.

by Anonymousreply 3701/21/2012

IMdB has this listed as a 2014 movie.

Surely it won't take that long.

by Anonymousreply 3801/21/2012

[quote]I saw Glenn Close do the doctor role in a charity reading last year.

They offered it to me first, but I was busy filming "The Iron Lady."

by Anonymousreply 3901/21/2012

Uh, not everyone who gets AIDS is gay, R34. Don't be homophobic--some of my best friends are gay people.

by Anonymousreply 4001/21/2012

Entertainment "journalists" will be instructed by their Hollywood masters not to ask Bomer any questions of a personal nature as it relates to his role.

by Anonymousreply 4101/21/2012

R8 is the Cherry Jones Loon.

by Anonymousreply 4201/21/2012

r39 is an imposter..I never used a period after M

by Anonymousreply 4301/21/2012

People were saying Zach Quinto was never going to come out up until the moment that he finally did. If he came out tomorrow, I would not be surprised. And if he didn't, I would understand because once he does he'll loose his female fans and the gay males are just going to talk shit about him and find things wrong with his (perfect if he were straight) looks.

by Anonymousreply 4401/21/2012

plus they are adding Lea Michelle as a plucky teenager who picks up the virus from a blood transfusion but decides to cotinuing pursuing the musical theatre no matter what anyone else says!

by Anonymousreply 4501/22/2012

Here's a picture of Matt from a press release for The Normal Heart.

I thought at first it was a pic of a young Dylan McDermott.

by Anonymousreply 4601/22/2012

So Mark Ruffalo and Alec Baldwin are playing two Jewish brothers? Spot-on casting, I must say.

by Anonymousreply 4701/22/2012

Actually the role of the doctor is based less on Mathilde Krim (saint that she is) than on Linda Laubenstein, a physician who was a polio survivor and a friend of Kramer's.

by Anonymousreply 4801/22/2012

Linda Laubenstein

Gee Barbra may ave been good casting afterall....crazy bitch decided to fill her house with knick knacks and write a book about it rather than make the movie.

by Anonymousreply 4901/22/2012

He's so handsome!

by Anonymousreply 5001/22/2012

Matt Bomer is a closet queen who is just as bad as Anderson Cooper, and Larry Kramer's "writings" suck but Kramer is and always has been a professional complainer and a professional victim.

by Anonymousreply 5101/22/2012

by Anonymousreply 5201/22/2012

He's not out. But he doesn't take women dates to premieres, and he keeps taking on gay roles: in the play "8", the boyfriend in "The Normal Heart," and some gay-vague thing about his character in "Magic Mike."

Here is what he tells the gay website, AfterElton, about his character in the Magic Mike movie:

AE: For our gay readers, is there a gay character in the film or a gay element to the movie?

MB: I don’t know how much I can say. I think there will be several scenes that will… I think the gay fans will be very, very happy with several of the scenes that occur in the film. But, yeah, there is one scene that I… well I don’t want to say anything because then it’s going to ruin it for everybody and it comes out in June and it’s going to give away a big thing, but…

AE: So there’s one scene to look forward to…

MB: There is one scene in particular where definitely those boundaries are blurred. Yeah.

by Anonymousreply 5301/22/2012

He speaks of "the gay" as if it's some foreign state of being for him.

by Anonymousreply 5401/22/2012

No he doesn't [R54]. He responds to the question and talks about gay fans. What do you expect him to do, say something like "as a gay man I think.....".

I'm so tired of the whining about someone like Matt who dares to live in a glass closet, especially one who has the potential to have a career as a leading man/sex symbol. Name one actor who fits that description R51? I'm not happy about him losing the ring, but my guess is that the powers that be in Hollywood told him he needed to dial it down if he wanted to keep getting movie roles.

Finally, it's not fair to compare him to Andersen, who is working in a medium where plenty of out people have successful careers and where no one would truly care.

by Anonymousreply 5501/22/2012

R42, I'm not a "Cherry Jones loon," I just think she's one of several actresses who could be a better Dr. Brookner than Julia Roberts.

by Anonymousreply 5601/22/2012

I love the line from the article about what Steven Soderbergh told Matt just before filming Magic Mike:

Matt: "Steven’s a fantastic director and we had this dinner right before we started shooting and he said, ‘Jump off the cliff. I will catch you.’"

by Anonymousreply 5701/22/2012

[quote]What do you expect him to do, say something like "as a gay man I think.....".

Believe me, I would never expect a closeted man to do that.

by Anonymousreply 5801/22/2012

He's not closeted. A closeted person denies and beards. He doesn't do either.

by Anonymousreply 5901/22/2012

Isn't it refreshing how Matt Bomer and Jim Parsons have no problem hiding in plain sight...but God forbid they actually come out of the closet!

by Anonymousreply 6001/22/2012

Jim Parsons has never even been asked about being gay in an interview. He's SO obvious about it that I can't imagine he would deny or dance around the topic. If he were asked the way Bomer was, i'm sure he'd confirm it.

by Anonymousreply 6101/22/2012

Do a closeted person and his hush hush hidden "husband" remove their rings when starting to push his film?

by Anonymousreply 6201/22/2012

Just want to say, he was on live with Kelly lat week and I must say I don't watch his show but he is a very good looking guy. And quite obviously gay.

by Anonymousreply 6301/22/2012

IMDB has the year of release a 2014. That can't be right.

by Anonymousreply 6401/23/2012

The film doesn't even have financing yet, so 2014 might be right.

by Anonymousreply 6501/23/2012

It's cruel for them to do this to Barbra Streisand. She should be directing this movie and playing the part of Dr. Emma in her wheelchair.

by Anonymousreply 6601/23/2012

r65 how do you know that? It has a high-profile cast, a high-profile director, and a haigh-profile production company behind it. I would think they have financing already right?

by Anonymousreply 6701/23/2012

I thought this film was already made, once?

by Anonymousreply 6801/23/2012

If Kramer's crazy ' you cannot change one word' restriction stays in place then the Albert monologue will sink the film.

We saw this at the John Golden and that was the one speech that got snickers - it's WAY over the top. I mean really? Kramer merged every AIDS cliche in one story and makes a mockery of the indignity of that time.

Lee Pace was horrible and will not be missed in the movie. Jim Parsons was fun but he was playing his TV character.

Hickey and Mantello were fantastic.

The bitch usher with the Camryn Mannheim vibe was about the strangest part of the show.

I'm looking forward to this. bomer has a choice role.

by Anonymousreply 6901/23/2012

Why would they cast Mark Ruffalo in the lead instead of a gay actor? Typical Hollywood homophobia. Ryan Murphy makes me sick!!

by Anonymousreply 7001/23/2012

I just don't get the choice to cast Julia Roberts. Nobody could feasibly claim she's a box-office draw anymore, and she's a shitty actress. What motive did Ryan Murphy possibly have to cast her in a role that she is so dramatically unsuited for?

by Anonymousreply 7101/23/2012

Are you for real, r70? Name ONE out gay in the main cast.

by Anonymousreply 7201/23/2012

r72 Matt Bomer and Jim Parsons are pretty out. They take their boyfriends everywhere.

by Anonymousreply 7301/23/2012

R71, he directed her in EAT PRAY LOVE. I'm sure he's dazzled by her starriness. You'd think he'd learn after her dismal performance in it and the weak box office results it got when it could have been a smash.

by Anonymousreply 7401/23/2012

Julia Roberts is really a bad choice. She can't act.

by Anonymousreply 7501/23/2012

R73 no they're not out. They're closeted and have never publically stated "I'm a gay man."

No there's no need to go on the cover of People magazine by coming out but when their sexuality has come up in interviews both of them completely avoid the subject and don't say how they're gay men at all. Therefore they're closeted.

by Anonymousreply 7601/23/2012

The issue of Jim Parsons' sexuality has never come up in any of his interviews. But why should they say "I'm a gay man"?anyone who wants to find out can by a simple Google search. They aren't in hiding.

by Anonymousreply 7701/23/2012

I hope you're joking, R66. She would make the whole thing about the doctor.

Agree that Roberts is strange casting. Years ago (before she was totally gaga), the late Elizabeth Taylor would nave been a good fit. These days, I'd go with CZ-J.

by Anonymousreply 7801/24/2012

R41, I'm not going to ask Julia Roberts if she's ever going to go to medical school either.

by Anonymousreply 7901/24/2012

I won't ask Matt Bomer anything about his personal life ever.

by Anonymousreply 8001/24/2012

R69, your reaction =/= all audience members' reactions. Perhaps if you weren't giggling like a petty schoolgirl over Larry Kramer's shortcomings, you would have noticed that many people, including mothers attending with their young gay sons, found the Albert monologue moving.

by Anonymousreply 8101/24/2012

[quote][R65] how do you know that? It has a high-profile cast, a high-profile director, and a haigh-profile production company behind it. I would think they have financing already right?

Did you even bother to read the article, you freaking dumbass?

by Anonymousreply 8201/24/2012

Bomer said in a recent interview that he's filming it this summer/autumn, so with that being the plan they must think securing funding is imminent. It's being packaged by CAA, so maybe that's why they announced the cast - to get the funding finally secured, as the financiers could be sure they've got well known names attached.

Presumably if it does finish filming by the end of this year, it'll be out in 2013. It's possible, depending on how it turns out, the plan is an Oscar push around December 2013.

by Anonymousreply 8301/24/2012

R82 = fat ugly angry loser

by Anonymousreply 8401/24/2012

Will there be any nude love scenes between Bomer and Ruffalo?

by Anonymousreply 8501/24/2012

r85 I sure hope so.

by Anonymousreply 8601/24/2012

So Matt plays a Bottom, no acting.

by Anonymousreply 8701/26/2012

No way in hell would Matt Bomer ever win an Oscar. I take it the push will focus squarely on Ruffalo and Roberts.

by Anonymousreply 8801/26/2012

Bomer's ass looked huge and delicious on White Collar last night.

by Anonymousreply 8901/26/2012

It's a bad idea for them to make this for theatrical release. No one is going to pay to see it. They should have made it for HBO.

by Anonymousreply 9001/26/2012

R90 people said the same thing about Milk.

by Anonymousreply 9101/26/2012

This is the kind of film that gets made for the prestige and in hopes of Oscar nods, not for the bucks. Plus it'll be a low budget film that might even end up making some money even if everyone and his mom doesn't turn out for it.

by Anonymousreply 9201/26/2012

The truth about AIDS:

by Anonymousreply 9301/26/2012

He's going to be on Glee in April as Darren Criss' older brother. What did Bomer do to get Ryan Murphy to give him so much work?

by Anonymousreply 9401/28/2012

Ryan is one of Simon's clients.

by Anonymousreply 9501/28/2012

All Matt ever said was the he finds it offensive to answer the gay/straight question...

by Anonymousreply 9601/29/2012

Is he playing Luke Mcfarlane's character in the play, the one without dialogue?

by Anonymousreply 9701/29/2012

They have to be willing to tinker with the dialogue. What works on the stage does not work the same on camera.

by Anonymousreply 9801/29/2012

If you think Bomer's role is not Oscar-bait then you've never seen the play.

This should be a cheap film to make except for Julia's salary.

Kathy Bates should be playing the doctor!

by Anonymousreply 9901/29/2012

R97

Read the article. Lazy. He's playing the boyfriend who dies of AIDS. The part Benjamin won a Tony for.

R88

You think so? You think Bomer who graduated from one of the top drama schools in the world, who takes himself seriously, in an interview uses more intellectual words then Roberts has ever done in her life, is going to sit back and pull in all those 4 years of acting classes he spent working 10 hour days NOT to try an win best supporting actor?

Then you are seriously deluded. He may not be as bad as Joe Manganiello and Zachary Quinto who every 10 mins talk about how they are trained classical actors and have done plays of the greatest playwrights at Carnegi but when Bomer let's his sweet boy charm damn, he takes himself as seriously as they do. He just isn't as arrogant.

He's also really competitive-he out acted Timberlake in In Time and actually went to research in a home for people over 100! for his role as Henry-and has been named the 2nd best dancer, 1st by Olivia, for Magic Mike by all the cast.

I know that gay guys LOVE to talk about him BUT seem to actually HATE finding out anything about the guy which is available in a few seconds in google via many interviews but come on.

If he doesn't show these amateurs up with his type of education, then he has missed a HUGE opportunity to finally be taken as a serious actor.

by Anonymousreply 10001/29/2012

R96

Did he use the word offensive? I only read that he said 'he has a network riding on his shoulders and he doesn't care if people think he's gay'

Can't remember who said but +100000 for mentioning Quinto. The witches in DL, Queerty et al were always foaming in the mouth that 'the closet case' would never come out. Wahh! And the insane fangurls on his site and IMDB were all foaming at the mouth that he was either asexual or just didn't have time to date a nice girl.

by Anonymousreply 10101/29/2012

Girls, girls, girls!

NO ONE is going to win an Oscar for this movie. It is a RYAN MURPHY movie. That's only slightly less damning than a Joel Schumacher or Alan Parker film.

I haven't seen the play but I picked it up at the bookstore this weekend and while I am sure it's effective theatre, it is simply not going to translate well onto the big screen in its current form. It is essentially a play of speeches, as opposed to action and dialogue. Because Kramer is writing the screenplay, and he considers the original play as sacred as if it was handed down to Moses on Sinai, I'm not expecting too many liberties will be taken to free the text into a more naturalistic form; and Ryan Murphy and naturalism don't even belong in the same sentence. A sensitive writer/director like Stephen Daldry could maybe pull it off, but the combination of Kramer and Murphy guarantees the text will be used as a deadly weapon against the audience.

I'll also add that I think Roberts is the least problematic of the casting. She'll be fine. Ruffalo, however, is just not intense enough to pull off Ned Weeks. Bomer is too young for Felix. The casting of Mantello and Hickey, who are both pushing 50, I think was ideal for the characters.

Finally, The Normal Heart is, if anything, a searing indictment of the closet. Frankly I'm surprised Pace and Parsons were comfortable doing it without coming out. I hope Bomer doesn't wimp out when the movie is released.

by Anonymousreply 10201/29/2012

[quote]All Matt ever said was the he finds it offensive to answer the gay/straight question...

He's never said that - or anything like that - ever. If you want that comment to stand, you'll need to provide a direct link to an article from a reputable publication where he's quoted as saying that.

by Anonymousreply 10301/29/2012

[quote]Finally, The Normal Heart is, if anything, a searing indictment of the closet. Frankly I'm surprised Pace and Parsons were comfortable doing it without coming out.

Wait, i'm confused about Pace and Parsons. DLers confirmed that Pace and Parsons are already out, then closet, then out, then closet, out, closet..???

by Anonymousreply 10501/29/2012

[quote]We saw this at the John Golden and that was the one speech that got snickers - it's WAY over the top. I mean really? Kramer merged every AIDS cliche in one story and makes a mockery of the indignity of that time.

First, who the Hell calls The Golden Theater "The John Golden"? That alone you lose credibility points. I worked behind the scenes on Broadway for years and NO ONE ever called it that.

Second, this speech you say is over the top and got snickers? Is it the same speech that Ellen Barkin performed night after night that literally stopped the show? Very rare in a straight play. The same speech that won Ellen every award that season including The Tony for her first Broadway show? That speech? OK then.

by Anonymousreply 10601/29/2012

[quote]NO ONE is going to win an Oscar for this movie. It is a RYAN MURPHY movie. That's only slightly less damning than a Joel Schumacher or Alan Parker film.

Now what are you babbling about? Alan Parker has directed only thirteen feature films. His first theatrical feature "Bugsy Malone" was nominated for an Oscar, "Midnight Express' was nominated for six including Best Picture and won two. "Fame" was nominated for six and won two. "Mississippi Burning" was nominated for seven Oscars including Best Picture and won one. "The Commitments" have one nomination. "Evita" has five nominations with a win. "Angela's Ashes" has a nomination. That's not even mentioning all the Golden Globes, Baftas, Cannes Film Festival and Critics Awards.

by Anonymousreply 10701/29/2012

Nope. The Albert monologue is not by the wheelchair ridden female doctor. Bruce (hideously played by Lee Pace) butchered that monologue at the JOHN GOLDEN THEATER.

by Anonymousreply 10801/29/2012

[R108]Pace plays a closeted gay character in the NOrmal Heart, I bet he understands his role perfectly.

He did a pretty decent job actually.

by Anonymousreply 10901/29/2012

[quote]Please remember that this is a Ryan Murphy movie and the material is over the top to begin with. It is going to blow

Obviously the no.1 target audience is GLEE-FAN. The reason Murphy puts Bomer in Glee is to drag Glee fanclub to the movie.

by Anonymousreply 11001/29/2012

It might as well be directed by Joel Schumacher. It'll be as subtle as a sledgehammer and the writing in it is poundingly rough already. And Roberts is hideous casting for Brookner.

by Anonymousreply 11101/29/2012

R102 Hickey was actually an exception. Felix has historically been played by younger (hotter) actors. His performance was amazing regardless, but he was technically against type.

R108 stop trying to make John Golden happen. No one uses it and if you do, you probably don't see enough theatre to make your opinion worthwhile.

by Anonymousreply 11201/29/2012

R102 wins, if only for this comment alone:

[quote]but the combination of Kramer and Murphy guarantees the text will be used as a deadly weapon against the audience.

by Anonymousreply 11301/29/2012

I thought Parsons and Pace were out? Pace brought his alleged bf to Breaking Dawn premiere.

by Anonymousreply 11401/29/2012

r102=hater

by Anonymousreply 11501/29/2012

[quote][R108] stop trying to make John Golden happen. No one uses it and if you do, you probably don't see enough theatre to make your opinion worthwhile.

R108 never been there. She lied.

by Anonymousreply 11601/29/2012

r114 They are both out. Some think they have to state this publicly though in order to be out. It's nonsense and they need to give it up already. How many of you have stated your sexuality to the general public and possible employers?? answer that...

by Anonymousreply 11701/29/2012

LOL, they hide their boyfriends from the public. They're closeted to the public. And as they're public figures, that's what relevant here.

by Anonymousreply 11801/29/2012

r118 if they were hiding them, then why would they take them out to premieres and awards shows??

by Anonymousreply 11901/29/2012

R118 *sigh* Can't you read? I said Pace brought his alleged bf to Breaking Dawn premiere, is it not enough public to you?

by Anonymousreply 12001/29/2012

They can do that because they know that no legitimate news outlet will report it - just a few gossip blogs, if that.

by Anonymousreply 12101/29/2012

They don't identify their boyfriends as their boyfriends.

by Anonymousreply 12201/29/2012

r122 and they don't say they aren't their boyfriends either. Which is what a lot of straight celebrities do. What's the problem?

by Anonymousreply 12301/29/2012

r121 why should legit news outlets report on the private lives of celebrities anyways? There are more important and serious topics and they should cover those instead don't ya think??

by Anonymousreply 12401/29/2012

It's impossible if they're completely clueless about their gay gossips, they aren't...they and their partners know that people know. They just don't wanna shock the naive fangirls by stating "this is my boyfriend" directly. They just let the fangirls know from others.

by Anonymousreply 12501/29/2012

...and Lee Pace damn gorgeous, i must say.

by Anonymousreply 12601/29/2012

I loved Billy Warlock as Felix in the Raul Revival. He was heartbreaking without all the Hickey histrionics.

by Anonymousreply 12701/29/2012

R113 is correct.

by Anonymousreply 12801/29/2012

So far as the Golden v. John Golden theater, I'll go with what was on the Playbill and my e-tickets which is The John Golden Theater. Period (no disrespect intended to Xtina's R leg).

And as far as all your theater friends calling it the Golden theater. I don't care what a pack of fossilized geezers call a theater. I imagine you and your ancient posse talk about your antimacassars to protect your original embroidered wing chairs from your pomade. It's about 9P so take your geritol and go to bed, you old miserable troll.

by Anonymousreply 12901/29/2012

Matt's ring is back:

by Anonymousreply 13002/04/2012

Maybe they were getting them, uh, cleaned.

by Anonymousreply 13102/04/2012

Yeah, it looks different now, much more shiny.

by Anonymousreply 13202/04/2012

matt bomer is so hot...

by Anonymousreply 13302/04/2012

We have a general Matt thread

by Anonymousreply 13402/04/2012

Threads on DL need to have an expiration date so posts like R135 and R136 can't bring back the dead and out of date.

by Anonymousreply 13712/24/2012

HE IS A PUSSY EATING MACHINE!!!!!! The gay stuff is all a lie! He eats pussy EVERYWHERE HE GOES!!! HE'S SWIMMING IN PUSSY!!!!!!! DAMMIT he's NOT GAY!!! Stop saying that you fucking liars!!!!!!! HE'S A PUSSYHOUND!!! He's married to a WOMAN!!! He barely even knows who the F Simon Halls is!

by Anonymousreply 13804/21/2013

Matt's partial to pussies with clits at least 7 inches long, and accompanied by a saggy set of balls.

by Anonymousreply 13904/21/2013
Need more help? Click Here.