Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Janet Jackson- "Every Time"

Gorgeous blue-toned video shot at Therme Vals spa in the Swiss Alps. It was the last release from the acclaimed "Velvet Rope" album.

by Anonymousreply 10509/24/2014

She looks like a manly football player.

by Anonymousreply 101/17/2012

So does your mother, R1.

by Anonymousreply 201/17/2012

Is that pic supposed to be flattering?

by Anonymousreply 301/17/2012

Not supposed to be, R3, it just is. You know, like the opposite of what you see when you look in the mirror.

by Anonymousreply 401/17/2012

Bull.Dagger.

by Anonymousreply 501/17/2012

OP, ENOUGH!

by Anonymousreply 601/18/2012

SUCH a gorgeous video, from the great Matthew Rolston.

by Anonymousreply 708/10/2013

This was about the beginning of the end of her short-lived career. Pre-tit, that is.

by Anonymousreply 808/10/2013

this song is OK but I prefer Janet's other ballads to this one.

by Anonymousreply 908/10/2013

Janet was great for a long time. Great pop, dance music, R&B lite. Great videos, dancing, etc. Loved her and Madonna. Up through Velvet Rope was great. (And, Discipline was actually really good, but maybe not classic).

I never really liked her that much though, at least what I could Decipher from interviews, talks shows, award shows, etc. I don't know why. As a black gay guy, most of my black gay friends would scream at me for hating on Janet as a person.

by Anonymousreply 1108/10/2013

Ugh Jannot is so fucking annoying.

by Anonymousreply 1308/10/2013

Jannot? Is that someplace in France?

by Anonymousreply 1408/10/2013

R13, not nearly as annoying as the fucktards who constantly create Madonna threads just for the hell if it.

by Anonymousreply 1508/10/2013

acclaimed by who? Janet's kids that she gave away to her sister?

by Anonymousreply 1608/10/2013

Velvet Rope is such a good album. I'm not JanBot, but girl you have my support! Velvet Rope, Ray of Light, Miseducation of Lauryn Hill....what a great period in music.

by Anonymousreply 1708/10/2013

R16, it was just the one. She gave away her other kids to the vacuum at her doctor's office. Four or five, by most reports.

by Anonymousreply 1808/10/2013

Too bad we can't say the same thing about your mother, R18.

by Anonymousreply 1908/10/2013

R19, that's not very nice. Are you trying to hurt my feelings?

by Anonymousreply 2008/10/2013

[quote]She gave away her other kids to the vacuum at her doctor's office.

Which, if true, she had every right to do. No one really accepts abortion, do they? Sure "right to choose" is given lip service and people say they value that, but nobody really accepts the actual abortion, right?

by Anonymousreply 2108/10/2013

I'm extremely pro-choice and non-judgmental of women who choose to have abortions, R21, but when Janet has abortions it's a sign of a weak character. Every rule has an exception.

by Anonymousreply 2208/11/2013

She never had them, R22. And even if she did, what makes her weaker than any of the other women whom you don't consider weak?

by Anonymousreply 2308/11/2013

Every other thing in her sad life, r23.

by Anonymousreply 2408/11/2013

Oh, you're just another hater, R24. LOL. Nevermind, your point is invalid.

by Anonymousreply 2508/11/2013

oh look

by Anonymousreply 2608/11/2013

Yes, it's me, and I'm back.

by Anonymousreply 2708/11/2013

[quote]I never really liked her that much though, at least what I could Decipher from interviews, talks shows, award shows, etc. I don't know why. As a black gay guy, most of my black gay friends would scream at me for hating on Janet as a person.

You need new friends. She sucks.

This was one of her most pretentious videos ever. Yeah, her body looked good (if that was HER), but the shading and the colored contacts made her look like a mutant alien from a bad FOX TV scifi show. And of course, the weak-assed vocals were still there. It's the only thing she can be consistent with, the fact that she can't really sing. AutoTune is not just her friend, she has sucked its cock.

by Anonymousreply 2808/11/2013

O

B

E

S

E

by Anonymousreply 2908/11/2013

But she didn't come, R28!

by Anonymousreply 3008/11/2013

She clearly has a body double in this video.

Anyway, here's the only "Everytime" video that ever mattered.

by Anonymousreply 3108/11/2013

Janet and her gay husband support RAPE!!!

by Anonymousreply 3208/11/2013

Sing louder bitch.

by Anonymousreply 3308/11/2013

laughable but not even important enough to get much coverage anywhere. probably fingers herself thinking of Col Sanders

by Anonymousreply 3408/11/2013

Oh, fuck off, you bitter cunt R28. What the hell do YOU look like? Probably similar to those "mutant aliens" you speak of. Anyone who can find fault about the way Janet looks in this beautiful video is obviously so full of bitterness and envy that it straddles the line of funny and just plain pathetic.

by Anonymousreply 3508/11/2013

LOL @R31! Surely you motherfucking jest! That weak ass Britney Jackso--err--Spears video is just another piece of evidence showing how BritBrit rips Janet off every chance she gets.

by Anonymousreply 3608/11/2013

heard when Janet was on Larry King a few years ago, she stunk up the green room something AWFUL....smelled like a dead rodent, and then took a dump the size of a winnebago and didn't even flush the toilet.

by Anonymousreply 3708/11/2013

[quote]So does your mother, [R1].

My, how trailer park trashy we are!

by Anonymousreply 3808/11/2013

I don't think they're similar, Janbot, but let's say for a second that they are.

The difference, R36, is that when Britney did it, people liked it. Janet's video and single FLOPPED. Britney hit #1 everywhere.

If a B-list popstar's career collapses like Janet's knees already have, and no one notices, did she ever have a career at all?

by Anonymousreply 3908/11/2013

No, sweetie. The difference is that one video is an original, artistic piece that showcases the singer beautifully (that would be Janet), while the other is trashy, exploitative MTV dreck that the singer (that would be Britney) tried to be artistic on, but failed miserably in yet another attempt to Xerox something her idol, Janet, had done before her.

If you want B-list, look no further than the soon-to-be-headlining-in-Vegas, self-medicated, dead-eyed, can-no-longer-dance Ms. Spears.

by Anonymousreply 4008/12/2013

Heard on TMZ that the reason Janet moved to the Middle East is that for the past 9 years or so, she's been smelling like a camel and thought it would be less obvious there. Can anyone confirm this? Or maybe she just got too old and wants to have a reason to cover her scarred face in a burqa?

by Anonymousreply 4108/14/2013

Scarred? I think not.

by Anonymousreply 4208/14/2013

Janbot, Janet's not been relevant for a decade--and that's being generous. She does no charity work, gave away her only child to her sister and is--arguably--the first wife in a harem. She's a fucking joke. She can't even keep her weight stable.

by Anonymousreply 4308/15/2013

[quote]Janet's not been relevant for a decade

Only to basement-dwelling trash such as yourself. Tell that to the many young pop artists who still remake and sample her music, copy her style and say in many an interview how much they want to work with her.

[quote]She does no charity work

Well aren't you just one big ball of stupid?

Janet does not charity work? She was just honored by amfAR earlier this year for her tireless efforts in the fight against AIDS, and she just attended their Cannes gala a few months ago, and has co-chaired the event for the past few years. She's also lent her time to UNICEF as recent as June. Her list of charitable work goes back many, many years, but those are just some of the more recent ones. If you weren't such a fucktard then you would know this.

Now go fuck yourself.

by Anonymousreply 4408/15/2013

Come on Janbot, this is ridiculous and you're trying to get a rise out of people. Nobody remembers or cares about this whimpering "Again" rewrite. I bet even Janet herself has forgot about it.

The sad thing is the other dedicated Janet song threads were for my top 3 of all time, all interchangeable - When I Think of You, Pleasure Principle and That's the Way Love Goes. But a thread for this is just bizarre. I'd have been happy to speak nicely about the other three, but since you were so nasty why bother.

You are making me and others HATE her. The more you bump these silly threads the more hostility you'll be met with.

by Anonymousreply 4508/15/2013

Oh, but if you look closely, R45, you'll see that it had been nearly a day since I'd been back in this thread. Your friend at R43 decided in his infinite wisdom to bump the thread with his foolishness, and I couldn't simply let him spout falsehoods without replying. Also, why would you hate a celeb because of one of her fans?

by Anonymousreply 4608/15/2013

Poor Janet.

Has, meet BEEN.

Maybe she can resurrect Celebrity Bowling.

by Anonymousreply 4708/15/2013

Has been? Bitch, please. Janet doesn't feel the need to constantly put herself in the public eye. She never has felt the need to. She grew up famous, so fame and all the trappings of it are nothing to her. Her legacy is in every single pop star on the charts today, so "has been" isn't the correct adjective, my dear. Although she IS currently recording a new album, Janet has been doing something every pop icon from her era should take note and do themselves (Madonna in particular)--she's LIVING HER LIFE, and not trying to keep up with the Rihanna's and the Gagas of the world (although both of those girls have spoken on their admiration for Janet).

So, in closing, R47, you can take your Celebrity Bowling pins and shove them up your rotten, used-up asshole.

by Anonymousreply 4808/15/2013

How would we know if Janet feels the need to put herself out there? No one covers her when she does. JanBot, pick another girl. I can see the gray in your hair from across the room. This obsession isn't good for you. Cher or Britney have a few more decades in them, and I'm sure they'd appreciate the support.

by Anonymousreply 4908/16/2013

Geez, why all the venom?? I don't think much about JJ but I don't think poorly of her either. However when she appeared on Larry King Live it did occur to me that she might think about getting a personality.

THEN I saw a video clip of her trying to bitch slap Paris. Somethin' not right with that Jackson crew. You think?

by Anonymousreply 5008/16/2013

Britney has a few more decades in her? She doesn't even have one now. X Factor learned that the hard way.

by Anonymousreply 5108/16/2013

"I'm gonna feedbag, feedbag, oh, feedbag, feedbag, OH!"

by Anonymousreply 5208/16/2013

[quote]How would we know if Janet feels the need to put herself out there?

Because she doesn't. Even at the height of her success, she barely made public appearances and only put out new material every four years or so--at the most. She was never the gotta-put-out-a-new-album-every-two-years kind of performer the way your Madonnas and your Mariahs were.

[quote]No one covers her when she does.

What rock have you just crawled out from under? When Janet cut her hair short a few years ago, it made the papers on both sides of the Atlantic. When she got married, she was trending on Twitter and Yahoo all day. Whenever she decides to step back in the limelight to attend an art show, a function, or receive an award, it's on everything from Entertainment Tonight to Access Hollywood to E!

by Anonymousreply 5308/16/2013

Janet's should join the cast of R&B Divas LA next season, so she can buy Kelly Price's home from under her and show that wide bitch who is boss!

by Anonymousreply 5408/16/2013

Someone should write a sitcom pilot for Middle Eastern TV featuring an American popstar who marries an Arab billionaire--but doesn't realize that he has six other wives at home already!! Hijinks ensue. Each episode ends with the American popstar learning a special lesson even as her ego is slowly stripped away.

by Anonymousreply 5508/16/2013

@55: "Sistah WIves." Janet would be the oldest one.

by Anonymousreply 5608/16/2013

She's 47, bitch. Nice try.

by Anonymousreply 5708/16/2013

Janet Jackson is 47? In the waist???

by Anonymousreply 5808/16/2013

I for one am looking forward to new Janet music.

by Anonymousreply 5908/17/2013

[quote]She was never the gotta-put-out-a-new-album-every-two-years kind of performer the way your Madonnas and your Mariahs were.

2004 - "Damita Ho"

2006 - "20 Copies Sold"

2008 - "DISSciplined"

by Anonymousreply 6008/17/2013

[quote]When Janet cut her hair short a few years ago, it made the papers on both sides of the Atlantic.

You must have overdosed on coffee enemas up your rear like Janet did to get rid of all those "sad cells".

by Anonymousreply 6108/17/2013

[quote]Janet does not charity work? She was just honored by amfAR earlier this year for her tireless efforts in the fight against AIDS

Link to what she's actually done in the last ten years for AIDS. We'll wait.

Oh, and, oh, dear.

by Anonymousreply 6208/17/2013

[quote]She clearly has a body double in this video.

She did.

by Anonymousreply 6308/17/2013

Nice try, R60, but I was referring to the time she was at the height of her powers -- the 1986-2001 era.

CONTROL (1986)

JANET JACKSON'S RHYTHM NATION 1814 (1989)

janet. (1993)

THE VELVET ROPE (1997)

ALL FOR YOU (2001)

by Anonymousreply 6408/18/2013

For the uninformed cretin at R61:

From the DAILY MAIL UK website:

[italic]New man, new hairstyle for slick looking Janet Jackson as she lops off her famous long locks[/italic]

Hailing from one of the world's pre-eminent musical families, Janet Jackson is used to being recognised wherever she goes.

But the singer left bystanders doing a double-take yesterday as she stepped out for lunch in London with a dramatic new hairstyle.

Janet has had her long curly locks shorn off and is now sporting a new short crop which she wore in a slicked back, gelled style.

Perhaps the change was prompted by the new man in her life, wealthy Qatari businessman Wissam Al Mana.

It has not been confirmed that the pair are an item but she's certainly been doing a lot of wining and dining with the 35-year-old industrialist.

Yesterday, they were at Italian restaurant Cecconi's in Mayfair and last night they dropped in to Nobu Berkeley.

For both jaunts, the RnB star, 44, teamed her look with turned-up jeans, a black leather jacket and platform wedge heels.

Jackson split from her long-time boyfriend Jermaine Dupri last summer after a seven-year relationship.

Jackson is in London promoting her new movie Why Did I Get Married Too?

She is set to make a guest appearance to introduce the film in Brixton on Friday.

The romantic comedy is the sequel to the 2007 flick, Why Did I Get Married? and tells the story of four couples coping with various marital crises.

by Anonymousreply 6508/18/2013

[quote]Link to what she's actually done in the last ten years for AIDS. We'll wait...

Google it. You [italic]do[/italic] know how to use a computer other than making a pain in the ass of yourself on DL, right?

by Anonymousreply 6608/18/2013

[quote]Janet Jackson is 47? In the waist???

Not exactly...

by Anonymousreply 6708/18/2013

Is that the video where she's fat or the one where she's really fat, OP?

by Anonymousreply 6808/18/2013

It's the one where she's slim, toned, blue-eyed and GORGEOUS!!

by Anonymousreply 6908/18/2013

Why on earth would they have her in nude-silhouette? Her face is lovely but she's too short and stocky and dare I say it--FAT to be in silhouette.

She looks like a dude.

And Christ Jesus but those contacts are just utterly absurd.

by Anonymousreply 7008/18/2013

JanBot, do you know how absurd it is to post only shoulders-up shots to respond to R68?

by Anonymousreply 7108/18/2013

[quote]Christ Jesus but those contacts are just utterly absurd

Why, because she's BLACK? Is that a racially-motivated statement?

[quote]Why on earth would they have her in nude-silhouette? Her face is lovely but she's too short and stocky and dare I say it--FAT to be in silhouette.

Janet is 5'4" in stocking feet. When the video for EVERYTIME was shot, she was in peak physical condition because it was at the tail-end of her massively successful Velvet Rope tour where she was dancing and performing nearly every night. She was muscular, toned and probably about a good 110-115 pounds, if that.

[quote]She looks like a dude

On what planet?

by Anonymousreply 7208/18/2013

Is this good enough for you, R71? It was around the same time as the EVERYTIME video. The slacks are a bit loose, but you can clearly see that she's defined and toned.

by Anonymousreply 7308/18/2013

[quote]She looks like a dude

On what planet?

by Anonymousreply 7408/18/2013

but what about the daughter she sold on Ebay? Why doesn't anybody mention that? And rumors of abortions over the years because she is not bright enough to use birth control. Oh, and I saw her last concert tour--the one that they couldn't fill stadiums for so they went with 'more intimate venues' and Janet danced like she had 2 broken hips. Perhaps she can take some lessons from Madonna about how to move because she seemed like two songs in, she was about to drop dead of a stroke.

by Anonymousreply 7508/18/2013

[quote]Perhaps she can take some lessons from Madonna about how to move

Bitch, please. That'll be the motherfucking day. Madonna showing Janet how to move?? Pa-ha-ha-ha! Madonna wouldn't know how to dance if Gene Kelly and Fred Astaire had given her personal lessons. And she has absolutely NO rhythm, to boot.

[quote]I saw her last concert tour--the one that they couldn't fill stadiums

Oh really? She did pretty damn good in Abu Dhabi...

by Anonymousreply 7608/18/2013

Is "Janet Jackson" even a thing? I'll go check.

by Anonymousreply 7708/18/2013

She always has been, darlin'.

by Anonymousreply 7808/18/2013

[quote]From the DAILY MAIL UK website:

Oh, you poor misguided fool, Janbot.

Daily 'Fail' has an online strategy to be the most visited website in the world. To that end, they post American shit to attract rubes like you.

by Anonymousreply 7908/18/2013

Fuck off, R79. It was also in the British Metro as well. The rube is YOU, my basement-dwelling friend.

by Anonymousreply 8008/18/2013

Is Janet's last remaining fan posting from the UK?

I used to live there and nobody does crazed pop fan for has-beens like the English.

by Anonymousreply 8108/18/2013

Her last remaining fan, R81? Clearly you live on Mars.

by Anonymousreply 8208/18/2013

[quote]It was also in the British Metro.

This isn't even a real paper, Janbot. It's like Homeless Times that they give out on the Tube in the morning. Have you ever even travelled outside the US?

by Anonymousreply 8308/18/2013

Her publisher paid those people, JanBot.

by Anonymousreply 8408/18/2013

OK, like I just checked and "Janet Jackson" WAS a thing! Like, when my parents were in high school or something.

by Anonymousreply 8508/18/2013

And your point? Janet has covered many a UK magazine. Your prattling is invalid.

by Anonymousreply 8608/18/2013

[quote]Her publisher paid those people, JanBot.

You and your friend Debbie are full of such hate-induced delusion.

by Anonymousreply 8708/18/2013

She looks like some sort of alien with those contacts in her eyes...and yes, they look bad on a person with her skin shade. She's a cute woman - not beautiful like Whitney was, but cute. But even Whitney, Mariah, Mary J. even Celine Dion made stylistic errors at times. Janet looked strange in the "Every Time" video. The remix is catchy and danceable, though.

by Anonymousreply 8808/18/2013

r73, is that Tina in that picture? That must have been one of the last photos they took together before they broke up as besties. Was Tina a part of the MJ tribute Janet did for MJ on the MTV awards? I cant remember.

by Anonymousreply 8908/18/2013

Madonna actually went to college on a dance scholarship so yeah, I think Janet could learn a thing or two from her. Of course, I don't Janet even got her GED which is why she always comes across as an imbecile.

by Anonymousreply 9008/18/2013

Why do Madonna queens insist upon bringing up her old ass in Janet threads? Threatened much?

by Anonymousreply 9108/18/2013

Madge is a significantly better dancer than Jannot.

by Anonymousreply 9208/18/2013

[quote]R73, is that Tina in that picture?

Yes, that's her, and Shawnette Heard on the right. I think that was right around the time rumors were going around that Janet and Shawn were an "item".

[quote]Madonna actually went to college on a dance scholarship so yeah, I think Janet could learn a thing or two from her.

And what a wasted scholarship it was, because Madonna couldn't dance if someone had a gun to her toes and said "TAP!" The bitch is, was and will ALWAYS be a non-dancer. The ability to be flexible and pirouette does not a dancer make.

THIS is how you move...

by Anonymousreply 9308/18/2013

[quote]Madge is a significantly better dancer than Jannot.

If there was an award for Dumbest Comment of the Year, you'd win--hands down. In what alternate universe is this embarrassingly lame, botched attempt at dancing "significantly better" than [italic]anything[/italic], namely anything Janet has ever done? If Madonna was going to copy "Rhythm Nation", she should have at least asked one of her dancers to teach her what rhythm was.

by Anonymousreply 9408/18/2013

[quote]Of course, I don't Janet even got her GED which is why she always comes across as an imbecile.

She actually graduated from Valley Professional High School in California, and got into Pepperdine but decided to continue on with her career instead.

She also probably wouldn't have forgotten to insert "think" after "don't" in your post. And [italic]she's[/italic] an imbecile?

by Anonymousreply 9508/18/2013

She got into Pepperdine! You showed them, JanBot! And Madonna IS a better dancer than Janet, fool.

by Anonymousreply 9608/18/2013

[quote]And Madonna IS a better dancer than Janet, fool.

Heh, yeah, on Planet Delusion.

by Anonymousreply 9708/18/2013

Love her whisper/mumbling, she whisper/mumbles like no one else! At least no one who's had her absurd level of success. Another reminder of how truly worthless her music is, all of it.

by Anonymousreply 9808/18/2013

[quote]At least no one who's had her absurd level of success

"Absurd level" is right. Let's see:

Oscar Nominee

first female singer with 5 hot 100 top 5s from one album

first female with 5 consecutive #1 albums on the Billboard charts

only artist with 7 top 5 hits from one album

artist with the most Billboard Award wins

only singer, male or female, to have been nominated in the Dance, Rap, Pop, R&B and Rock categories at the Grammys, which shows scope and versatility of her music ("worthless" my ass)

record for the most successful debut tour of any artist male or female, selling out in 3 continents (USA, Europe, Asia)--a record she still holds

fastest sellout of the Tokyo Dome, also a record she still holds

first female to debut an album at #1 during the SoundScan era

signed two of the biggest record deals in history in the '90s

second only to Aretha Franklin as the female performer with the most R&B #1s (she also has more than her brother Michael)

her first 3 films debuted at #1 at the US box office

NY Times #1 Bestselling author

multiple Grammy winner

when "Doesn't Really Matter" went to #1, she was the first artist to have a #1 Hot 100 song in the '80s, '90s and 2000s.

first female to have a Bestselling Album of the Year (RN, 1814)

Her RN Tour made her the only female to rank in the Top 5 highest grossing tours at the US box office in 1990

First female recording artist of color to be nominated for a Producer Of The Year Grammy.

First black artist to be awarded GLAAD's Vanguard Award

First female artist to debut in the Top 10 on the Hot 100 (1995's "Runaway")

First female artist to debut in the Top 5 on the Hot 100 ("Scream" duet with Michael)

The live HBO broadcast of her Velvet Rope Tour garnered a total of 15 million viewers, outperforming ABC, CBS, NBC and FOX in HBO homes, in addition to 13 Emmy nominations including one win

With the release of only two studio albums (three including compilation –Design of the Decade) in the 1990s, Janet was named by Billboard as the second biggest/most successful artist of the decade, surpassing such artists as Whitney Houston, Garth Brooks, En Vogue, Madonna, Michael Jackson, and Boyz II Men and only second to Mariah Carey.

by Anonymousreply 9908/18/2013

That's all well and good, JanBot, but let's think about the dark side of her life:

Gave away her only child

Aborted every subsequent pregnancy

Became part of a harem in her middle age to save herself from bankruptcy

...and that's only scratching the surface of Janet's pitiable life. She's a disgusting person, but she's done all of these things to herself, and deserves no pity.

by Anonymousreply 10008/18/2013

R100 Don't be so hard on her. She's a Jackson, so, of course, she's a fucked up, money-grubbing, egomaniac mess.

by Anonymousreply 10108/18/2013

[quote]Became part of a harem in her middle age to save herself from bankruptcy

Janet Jackson was worth hundreds of millions of dollars before her marriage, darling. Bankruptcy? Where the hell did you pull that one out of? Your ass would be my guess. Or you're thinking of Toni Braxton. When have you ever heard of Janet Jackson ever having money issues? She's not a druggie, not a gambler, and has always had tight reigns over her expenses. The only bankrupt one is YOU--of common fucking sense.

[quote]...and that's only scratching the surface of Janet's pitiable life. She's a disgusting person

Pitiable life? You could only dream of having the life she's had. Instead of being rich, famous and adored, you spend your time trolling an internet forum thread of a person you "hate". LOSER is your name.

by Anonymousreply 10208/19/2013

[quote]she's a fucked up, money-grubbing, egomaniac mess

But enough about your mother.

by Anonymousreply 10308/19/2013

LOVE!

by Anonymousreply 10409/24/2014

Gorgeous video shot in the Swiss Alps.

by Anonymousreply 10509/24/2014
Need more help? Click Here.