Since 1995

Being Human

New Season started tonight!!!

I love this show!

by Anonymousreply 6604/16/2013

The vampire guy is still totally hot.

Hate vampire politics though.

by Anonymousreply 101/16/2012

I still think it is an inferior product to the British version - BUT - the more it diverges from the original, the more promise I see for it and the more interesting it becomes for me. And it is starting to diverge.

by Anonymousreply 201/16/2012

LOVE that "Sierra" from "Dollhouse" is now in the cast. She's amazing.

They need to work "Victor" in as well.

by Anonymousreply 301/16/2012

The shitty American version, or the good version?

by Anonymousreply 401/17/2012

Ugh I can't believe they're giving the vampire vampire-AIDS from a (hetero) one-night stand.

by Anonymousreply 501/17/2012

I had never watched the show before, but there was a season one marathon on SyFy on Monday, and I watched it, and I must say that it was pretty good.

I was pleasantly surprised at the acting and the storyline, and those two hottie actors don't hurt either.

I fell in love with Sam Huntington, and I initially thought he was gay. But then I googled him, and found out that he got married at 25 and had a kid right after that, so he's gotta be straight.

I still wonder about Sam Witwer, though. He sets off my gaydar a bit.

It was also nice to see Mark Pellegrino (Jacob from Lost) on this show. I was wondering what happened to him. The vampire guy killed him, but it looks like he's back this season.

Arrrggh! Yet another show to watch every week!

by Anonymousreply 601/17/2012

Nobody else watching?

I think this season has been pretty good so far... lots of angst.

by Anonymousreply 701/30/2012

It's interesting to see the variations from the original UK version.

by Anonymousreply 801/31/2012

They need to do something new on the show, since all the good plot lines were resolved in the first season.

by Anonymousreply 901/31/2012

Could somebody just KILL the irritating ghost chick already? The actress can't act and the character doesn't seem like a grown woman who was engaged before she died; she comes across as a mentally challenged 16 year old.

I'm worn-out by the who vampire politics and power struggle thing. WHEN did this become part of vampire lore? Why must there be a vampire leader and power base? It's so absurd.

And I can't decide if the vampire dude is sexy, or really, really ugly to the point he looks kinda sexy sometimes. Something about him seems very inbred.

by Anonymousreply 1001/31/2012

You can't kill "the irritating ghost chick" R10. She's already dead.

by Anonymousreply 1101/31/2012

I'm just about done watching season 3 of the UK version, which I really like. I tried watching the U.S. version and couldn't. It's awful by comparison, mostly because you can't empathize at all with the characters in the U.S. version.

by Anonymousreply 1201/31/2012

Great write-up/recap of the most recent episode:

by Anonymousreply 1301/31/2012

by Anonymousreply 1402/05/2012

bump again for original thread.

by Anonymousreply 1502/05/2012

My nephew who's a fan of the original UK version describes the Aidan Turner character says he can't understand why women find him attractive because "he looks like a drug addicted guy who sells his body."

by Anonymousreply 1602/05/2012

Does the vampire guy bite male victims, or only female?

I'd like to see Sam Witwer bite a dude.

by Anonymousreply 1702/05/2012

What's Sam Witwer's story?

Gay, straight, or something else?

by Anonymousreply 1802/05/2012

R17, he bites men, and did in a recent episode in fact.

by Anonymousreply 1902/05/2012

I don't understand your nephew's problem with that, R16.

by Anonymousreply 2002/05/2012

Damn, I just watched episode 1 of series 4 (UK) where George dies. Made me cry. Meanwhile, the new vampire is pretty cute.

by Anonymousreply 2102/12/2012

I have to say, there's a kind of homoerotic subtext between the vamp-guy and his "child" in those flashbacks.

by Anonymousreply 2202/13/2012

I swear to god they almost kissed at one point.

I wish they would.

That'd be hot.

by Anonymousreply 2302/14/2012

I am a big fan of the UK version and have been kind of just tolerating the US version up until now. I actually think the US version is heating up.

It was painful to watch the US version try to copy the UK version, but now that they are sending the characters and storyline in original directions, I'm finding myself really enjoying the show.

by Anonymousreply 2402/16/2012

I can't get into the U.S. version because of the actress who plays the ghost. It also seems cheesy, even though the premise of a vampire, werewolf and ghost cohabiting doesn't exactly discourage that. But I like that the U.K. version has a darkness about it that kind of makes it seem a bit more real.

by Anonymousreply 2502/16/2012

Hey, was there a new episode on Monday? I don't think my DVR recorded it, and I can't find a new episode on line. Someone help me out here...

by Anonymousreply 2602/22/2012

Yes, there was a new episode on Monday. If you have Cablevision, it's probably available on demand.

by Anonymousreply 2702/22/2012

Can you summarize the episode in a couple of sentences? I'm wondering if I just forgot I watched it or something...

by Anonymousreply 2802/22/2012

Sally's mother died. The police questioned Josh about Nora's ex-boyfriends murder. Bishop's ghost was encouraging Aiden to kill Henry.

by Anonymousreply 2902/22/2012

Thank you!

by Anonymousreply 3002/22/2012

[quote] I have to say, there's a kind of homoerotic subtext between the vamp-guy and his "child" in those flashbacks.

Totally. And both guys are so hot, that I would love to see them start making out and having sweaty hot sex.

I was actually surprised at the show, allowing that scene where Aiden's son was fucking Mother's daughter, and when he pulled up his pants, he left the top button unbuttoned, exposing his pubes. That was freakin' hot!

There was also the female bisexual element, where the blonde werewolf chick is lying naked in the forest, in between the brother and sister werewolves... and she was totally lovin' it. I find that an interesting contrast to her boring, do-gooder werewolf boyfriend.

I'm liking this show.

by Anonymousreply 3102/23/2012

The guy who plays Henry is so freakin' hot. His name is Kyle Schmidt, and he's SMOKIN!

by Anonymousreply 3203/13/2012

I swear they were about to kiss again in this week's episod.

by Anonymousreply 3303/13/2012

Just caught up with this season on OnDemand, and is getting better the further it goes away from the Brit version. Part of that is due to some very good casting, especially Henry and Reaper. Also, they're turning Aiden into one of the most complex characters in modern horror.

I still think the show is best watched without commercials because you do not want time to think too deeply about what's happening; and if it weren't for Dusan Dukic (Reaper) I'd fast forward through anything with Sally that doesn't include either of the other two housemates . To call Meaghan Rath the weakest link gives her more credit than she deserves.

by Anonymousreply 3404/01/2012

[quote] To call Meaghan Rath the weakest link gives her more credit than she deserves.

To be fair (you knew this was coming), it could be the lines and direction she was given. I think she was told to play Sally's character as "angsty" and "conflicted," even though it comes across as irritating.

I saw a huge difference in her acting when she retreated into the "darkside" role, where she lived with the reaper in an alternate universe. She was dressed well, she looked fabulous, and she actually came across as "normal," and a good actress.

It was a refreshing change seeing her out of those ugly sweats, and in a chic purple dress, with flat-ironed straight hair. She actually looked beautiful.

by Anonymousreply 3504/02/2012

I only watch the show for the Sam Witwer hotness.

by Anonymousreply 3604/02/2012

Could the folks going on and on about the UK version of this show please start another thread?

It's really confusing and even irritating to have the two combined when the thread was created to discuss the U.S. version of the show.

by Anonymousreply 3704/02/2012

[quote]Also, they're turning Aiden into one of the most complex characters in modern horror.

Oh, dear. Someone needs to get out more, or brush-up on their "modern horror".

by Anonymousreply 3804/02/2012

Anybody else catch the (U.S.) season premier of this?

It seems rather silly but still somewhat fun. I think most people by now are rooting for the Sally character's demise. She's in the way and constantly irritating.

I'm sick of the drama queen werwolf too. They should have wrote this character as a cliché screaming queen because that's how he acts.

And who knew vampires grew beards when they haven't shaved in several months. Seriously?!

by Anonymousreply 3901/16/2013

by Anonymousreply 4001/16/2013

by Anonymousreply 4101/17/2013

I'm watching this. Or, TRYING to watch this. Is anyone else??

by Anonymousreply 4201/24/2013

UK is now importing this version -- just announced.

by Anonymousreply 4301/24/2013

Did anyone see it this week?

It's pretty bad. And not 'bad' in a good way. 'Bad' in a really, really bad way.

(This is about the U.S. version of the program. Please post the U.K. show discussions in that thread.)

by Anonymousreply 4401/30/2013

This shit is horrible. Apparently there's only one other person besides me here who even knows about it.

by Anonymousreply 4503/01/2013

I watch it. i am interested to see what is going to become of Sally.

by Anonymousreply 4603/01/2013

R46, I doubt she'll go anywhere since she's a main character. The entire story is just so silly. Those poor actors, they'll never get work once this embarrassing thing is finally put out of its misery.

by Anonymousreply 4703/01/2013

Dear GOD this is bad. So bad in fact, I watch it just out of curiosity to see how silly it's going to be.

Agree with R47, those poor actors will never get anything else.

And the werewolf guy is sort of cute, but knows only one expression when attempting to portray shock/anger/anxiety/disbelief/fear: He raises his eyebrows and clasps his palm over his mouth.

Anybody else ever notice how many times an episode he does this? Apparently his acting training has been limited to public high school theater.

Each story thread in an episode leads to something dramatic but then the writers get bored and it's quickly, ridiculously wrapped up.

Is it possible it will be renewed? I've never met any other person who even knows about this show.

by Anonymousreply 4804/03/2013

I find the Aiden actor to be both attractive and repulsive at the same time. And his acting range is very very narrow. He does have a certain charm though.

The werewolf kid - he has grown on me. I like him.

Sally. Kill it.

by Anonymousreply 4904/03/2013

I enjoy it. I don't really care whether it's "good" or not.

by Anonymousreply 5004/03/2013

r49, the vampire guy IS kinda ugly-sexy. I especially appreciate the little black treasure trail of hair around his belly button whenever he lifts his shirt up.

The werewolf guy IS adorable, but ranks as the worst actor on a really badly performed and written television program. I have no idea how he got the part.

Sally's annoying but she's played as if she's a mature young woman and the actress playing her just doesn't fit the part. Maybe Sally should have been a younger woman, or they should just make the actress portray her more maturely.

And I don't think they're going to keep "Nora" around much longer if the show survives. They seem to be putting everyone back to where they were in the beginning, which would be no Nora.

I love how Aidan's new girlfriend just kinda comes and goes and never asks many questions about why she's always being shooed away or why a wedding would be suddenly canceled after her three new friends ran upstairs for an hour. That's so odd.

Same thing with Josh's lesbian sister. And do any of these folks actually ever go to work? And has ANYONE at the hospital reviewed security footage and asked Aidan why he left with the young, still underage 'bubble boy'?

The writers seem to write until they get tired or hungry and then let a cheap computer application finish the rest of each script.

by Anonymousreply 5104/03/2013

I gave up years ago.

by Anonymousreply 5204/03/2013

I still watch it and still enjoy it for whatever reason.

but I have no idea how sally beat the witch this week... the witch ate her, and then just sort of exploded. Huh? Did they ever use the human heart? Was it the spell?

It just seemed to arbitrary. No explanation. Very annoying there.

But mostly I find it fun.

by Anonymousreply 5304/03/2013

R53, Aidan threw the heart into the fire which, for some odd reason, made the witch catch on fire.. Then she just kinda laughed and balled the fire into a ball and threw it onto Sally. Sally just kinda gave up and let the witch eat her..

And then, well, you know what happened. Yes, it was random and silly and made absolutely no sense at all, which I guess the director and producers are okay with.

I watch it only for one reason, it's something to watch after the news on Tuesday afternoons when I'm home early and it's on my DVR. That's it. I would never watch this dreck live.

I'm really tired of the werewolf daddy popping up and hope they kill him off in the finale. He'll probably go out along with Nora who they've softened up the last few episodes: likely to to knowing they'd kill her off.

I find the werewolf daddy kinda hot though and LOVED the hot other daddy werewolf that Josh so miraculously, easily killed in this week's episode. WTF? He throws a werewolf to the floor with a stake and just bashes his head in? Suddenly the werewolf is weaker than a piece of paper?!? LOL! It's so ridiculous that it's actually fun.

by Anonymousreply 5404/03/2013

It was renewed for another season!!!

by Anonymousreply 5504/10/2013

Clearly the UK version is superior. They've replaced the entire main cast and the show didn't suffer one bit. Saw the entire final season and the ending is brilliant. They do more with 5 episodes than the US version has done with 3 seasons.

I do think Sam Witwer and Sam Huntington are awesome and beautiful.

by Anonymousreply 5604/11/2013

R54, the point was that Sally was too strong for the witch to simply eat her. She overpowered her from the inside. They have spent the last couple of episodes setting that up, mentioning several times how proficient Sally is with her "powers".

Also, as far as Josh killing the zombie-werewolf ... they were not on a physical plane; they were on a spiritual plane and Josh simply overpowered him. Josh had a lot at stake and was focused.

by Anonymousreply 5704/11/2013

I actually really enjoyed the zombie story arc this season. It seems like Sally did a whole lotta nothing for the first two seasons, but they finally figured out a way to make her character interesting: enjoying sensations again, managing the "people from your past life" curse, the love affair with the mortician, etc. In fact, I thought that the episode with the mortician's ghost mother was very entertaining (except for the magic charm necklace).

The actress who portrayed the witch at the center of it all was quite creepy and effective. Too bad it ended sort of abruptly.

by Anonymousreply 5804/11/2013

I'd rather watch the werewolf, vampire and ghost from the "somewhere in another part of Boston" car commercials.

by Anonymousreply 5904/11/2013

R59, it's the werewolf in those commercials who is the hottest (the guy in the back seat)

by Anonymousreply 6004/11/2013

Now I'm curious. Are those commercials on YouTube?

by Anonymousreply 6104/12/2013

Here you are R59, R60 & R61...

The werewolf is played by Matthew Schatz who posted the video.

by Anonymousreply 6204/12/2013

by Anonymousreply 6304/13/2013

What is this US version people talk about? I'm aware of the UK version and the Canadian version filmed in Montreal.

by Anonymousreply 6404/14/2013

The thread is called Being Human. Not Being Human (US). Quit whining.

by Anonymousreply 6504/14/2013

R64, I think the US version is the one that is filmed in Montreal posing as Boston.

by Anonymousreply 6604/16/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!