Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

"BIGGEST OVERSIGHT IN OSCAR HISTORY"?

Inspired by my notion that Courtney Love, fuck-up or not, "remains the biggest oversight in Oscar history, especially for not having been nominated..." And this well-conceived response:

A bigger oversight than Jeff Bridges not being nominated for "The Fisher King"? A bigger oversight than Cher not being nominated for "Mask"? A bigger oversight than Gene Wilder not being nominated for "Willy Wonka..."? A bigger oversight than Mia Farrow not being nominated for "Rosemary's Baby"? And these are just off the top of my head...

Figured with awards season upon us, it merited its own thread. WHO DO YOU CONSIDER THE BIGGEST OVERSIGHT -- A SPECIFIC ACTOR AND SPECIFIC PERFORMANCE -- IN OSCAR HISTORY?

One that wasn't even nominated but has stood the test of time (which I would argue against for Cher in that dopey movie where the bikers acted like puppies, ha. And "Fisher King" gives me a headache but that's mostly Robin Williams being all manic).

I still vote for Courtney. Chime in, folks.

by Anonymousreply 23710/10/2013

I don't know about recent memory, but it began with Bette Davis's overlooked non nominated performance in "Of Human Bondage"

by Anonymousreply 101/16/2012

Courtney overshot and went for Best Actress instead of Supporting. She'd probably have got one for Supporting (she won the NY Film Critics that year. Supporting wasn't nearly as competitive as lead that year(even M got left out)

by Anonymousreply 201/16/2012

I'd vote for "Manhattan" for Best Picture. Possibly Woody's greatest film, and the 1979 nominees were particularly weak, except for "Apocalypse Now."

by Anonymousreply 301/16/2012

VERY good point, whether it was her decision or not. Always assumed she was pushed for "Supporting". (You guys are good).

by Anonymousreply 401/16/2012

Rosalind Russell - His Girl Friday

Marilyn Monroe - Some Like It Hot

Anthony Perkins - Psycho

Mia Farrow - The Purple Rose of Cairo

Lillian Gish - The Whales of August

Maggie Smith - The Lonely Passion of Judith Hearne

Jennifer Jason Leigh - Last Exit to Brooklyn

Sean Penn - Carlito's Way

Isabellle Huppert - The Piano Teacher

Emile Hirsch - Into the Wild

Viggo Mortensen - The Road

Sally Hawkins - Happy Go Lucky

Angelina Jolie - A Mighty Heart

by Anonymousreply 501/16/2012

Charlotte Rampling - Under The Sand.

by Anonymousreply 601/16/2012

Robert Shaw for Best Supporting Actor for Jaws is one off the top of my head.

by Anonymousreply 801/16/2012

Robert Shaw never nominated for ANYTHING, right? Odd how that happens.

by Anonymousreply 901/16/2012

Why the hell am I list troll? I wasn't asked to give one solid answer was I, I'm only thinking of examples from the top of my head.

I actually agree with you up to a point, I thought she was funny in the film but it was a bit much after a while.

The reason I chose her (and Jolie) however was cause she was a classic snub in that she won the NY and LA critics awards, plus a Golden Globe, kinda unprecedented to be snubbed after that. But that was an acquired taste performance to say the least!

by Anonymousreply 1001/16/2012

Since you asked, I couldn't care less who or who is not nominated.

Why should I be concerned with such a trivial matter?

by Anonymousreply 1101/16/2012

Shaw was nominated for playing Henry VIII in "A Man For All Seasons," but lost to Walter Matthau.

by Anonymousreply 1201/16/2012

I would second Monroe for SLIH and Tony Pwrkins for PSYCHO (shocking!) and agree with the poster who hated Sally Hawkins in Happy Go Lucky.

Kim Novak, for either Vertigo or Bell Book and Candle.

Donald Sutherland for Ordinary People.

by Anonymousreply 1301/16/2012

Judy Garland in A Star Is Born owns this thread.

by Anonymousreply 1401/16/2012

Thanks, was too lazy to look it up. I just remember he was pushed for "Sting" and then "Jaws" and got neither and then died. So wondered (as a kid) what was up... :)

The "Jaws" nom does feel like a huge oversight since that performance is film iconic.

by Anonymousreply 1501/16/2012

Don Cheadle in Devil in a Blue Dress

by Anonymousreply 1601/16/2012

Hello?

by Anonymousreply 1801/16/2012

Second Donald Sutherland for Ordinary People, especially considering everyone else on the picture was nominated.

by Anonymousreply 1901/16/2012

Richard Gere - Chicago

by Anonymousreply 2001/16/2012

Sigourney Weaver in The Ice Storm

by Anonymousreply 2101/16/2012

I always wondered if that final teary "I don't know if I love you any more" scene cost Sutherland the nomination. It just felt on-the-nose in a film that had avoided that somehow (and it was a reshoot... Sutherland had played it straight and less soapy in original take).

Hutton makes me cry to this day, MTM still gives me chills... but Sutherland feels out of place somehow. The filmmakers all wanted Tom Skerritt anyway, ha.

by Anonymousreply 2201/16/2012

I'm still surprised Sigourney didn't get nominated for "The Ice Storm." When I saw her in it, I thought she'd easily win, and it's not like 1997 was a competitive year for Supporting Actress.

by Anonymousreply 2301/16/2012

Tovah Feldshuh for Supporting Actress in Kissing Jessica Stein. Her quiet monologue to her lesbian daughter was filmed in one astonishing three minute uninterrupted take and hit every note and nuance of truth that an actor dreams about.

by Anonymousreply 2401/16/2012

Harrison Ford for "Mosquito Coast." And I think it ticked him off as he's been phoning it in ever since.

Russell Crowe for "L.A. Confidential." At least he was nominated [still robbed] for "The Insider."

Gillian Anderson for "House of Mirth."

by Anonymousreply 2501/16/2012

Tyrone Power in NIGHTMARE ALLEY.

by Anonymousreply 2601/16/2012

Agree with Judy in A Star is Born of the classic why didn't they win ones.

Also 1950 when Bette and Gloria Swanson split the votes with Judy Holiday in an unusually strong year with the two all time gay classics Sunset Blvd. and All About Eve.

Then there's Citizen Kane and Alfred Hitchcock - the original Julianne/Annette/Glenn/Michelle/Sigourney times ten.

[quote]Supporting wasn't nearly as competitive as lead that year(even M got left out)

I know the ever reliable GGs nominated M and not Diane for the filler slot for Marvin's Room in a most difficult year. And then there was Madge who won there for Evita.. oh wait!

by Anonymousreply 2701/16/2012

Susan Hayward- "I'll Cry Tomorrow"

by Anonymousreply 2801/16/2012

Ingrid Thulin, "The Silence"

Giulietta Masina, "Nights of Cabiria"

Giulietta Masina, "Juliet of the Spirits"

by Anonymousreply 2901/16/2012

It amazes me that Donald Sutherland has never been nominated.

r5 - Not that you are THE List Troll but don't you agree that often when a question like this is posed, someone always makes a very long list? It seems to be r5 a lot, like r1 is most often a cunt.

Your list wasn't bad however.

by Anonymousreply 3001/16/2012

Victor Banerjee, "A Passage to India"

by Anonymousreply 3101/16/2012

It doesn't count as a huge oversight -- but I always thought it was strange that, as many times as she's been nominated, they would ignore one of Streep's best performances in "Marvin's Room".

I love her in that movie -- no tics, no tricks, just a simple middle class woman. Maybe the fact that she was just playing a normal human being got in the way but I recommend folks check it out, especially if they think she relies on accents and "impersonations".

by Anonymousreply 3201/16/2012

Judy Garland at her peak in "Meet Me in St. Louis" should have been nominated. She's brilliant in it.

Gena Rowlands in the brilliant "Another Woman".

by Anonymousreply 3301/16/2012

Angela Basset for What's Love Got to do With It.

Rosie Perez for Fearless

by Anonymousreply 3401/16/2012

R14, dear, you're unclear on the concept. Judy was nommed for ASIB. She just didn't win. OP is asking for people who should have been nominated and weren't.

by Anonymousreply 3501/16/2012

Vivien Leigh, Roman Spring of Mrs. stone

Second Russell Crowe for LA CONFIDENTIAL, and add Guy Pearce and James what's his name, the old guy, for the same film.

Garland for Wizard of Oz.

Joan Blondell for a A TREE GROWS IN BROOKLYN. (she wasn't nominated, was she?)

Rita Hayworth for Gilda

Jane Carr for Something for Everyone.

by Anonymousreply 3601/16/2012

Pamela Franklin for "The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie."

by Anonymousreply 3701/16/2012

Amy Jo Johnson - Mighty Morphin Power Rangers

Thora Birch - Ghost World

Cate Blanchett - The Gift

Michelle Pfeiffer - Batman Returns

by Anonymousreply 3801/17/2012

R29 I wish I knew why the Academy didn't nominate foreign language performances prior to Sophia's brilliant win. There were foreign screenplay nods and the like before that.

I think I read something about they just decided to let them in that year so that's why Sophia won and there's an episode of What's My Line? on youtube where the panel rave about her performance being the best of the year so you could tell it was pre-destined.

Giulietta was definitely the best or high up there with the likes of La Strada/Cabiria. Then to go back earlier with foreign silent film you have an all time classic snub with Renee Falconetti in The Passion of Joan of Arc.

R30 I did post long lists in the disco thread, but I think that was mostly it. I hate how you have to press enter here to get them to work cause it makes the post much longer :(

by Anonymousreply 3901/17/2012

Actor: Joseph Cotten - Shadow of a Doubt

Actress: Maureen O'Hara - The Quiet Man

by Anonymousreply 4001/17/2012

Didn't really care personally but I remember being shocked that Paul Giamatti wasn't nominated for Sideways(after all the hype)

by Anonymousreply 4101/17/2012

Kathy Bates and Judy Parfitt for "Dolores Claiborne." It is a crime they were not nominated because they were so brilliant. I can't even remember who won that year for Best Actress and Best Supporting Actress, but these two should have.

by Anonymousreply 4201/17/2012

Farah Fawcett left out of the Memoriam segment.

by Anonymousreply 4301/17/2012

Farrah Fawcett was not a movie actress.

by Anonymousreply 4401/17/2012

I'd like to see the full takes and alternate takes of Sigourney in "The Ice Storm". The character comes off as potentially fascinating and yet in the final product she's so... I can't put my finger on it. Maybe unknowable? I suspect that Ang Lee and co might have felt they had to edit Sigourney down or she would dominate what is supposed to be an ensemble piece. Shit in the dish washing scene alone she obliterates Joan Allen. I bet in rough cuts she had a bigger part and was cut down in the interest of the film as a whole.

by Anonymousreply 4501/17/2012

Second Bates and Parfitt. One of those movies that got more popular over the years.

by Anonymousreply 4601/17/2012

There's actually a Criterion Collection release of "Ice Storm" but I don't own it so not sure what is on there... but usually pretty thorough on deleted scenes, etc. (I have stock DVD from way back, not much use besides original film -- which I still love. Sorely overlooked).

by Anonymousreply 4701/17/2012

Peter O'Toole receiving a record 8 nominations and no win

by Anonymousreply 4801/17/2012

Ryan Gosling - Drive

Kirsten Dunst - Melancholia

by Anonymousreply 4901/17/2012

Naomi Watts in "Mulholland Drive"

Charlotte Gainsbourg in "Antichrist"

by Anonymousreply 5001/17/2012

Dunst for sure - and Charlotte Gainsborg who is just incredible. Its a crime that she isn't even talked about for supporting actress. Bitch can act circles around the expected nominees.

Not sold on Gosling in Drive. Didn't get what he was aiming at. he was upstaged by the stylistics and attitude of the film.

by Anonymousreply 5101/17/2012

Matt Damon in "Ripley". Perfectly timed and modulated performance.

by Anonymousreply 5201/17/2012

Kate winslet and Melanie Lynskey in "Heavenly Creatures"

by Anonymousreply 5301/17/2012

Geoffrey Rush, 'Elizabeth'

by Anonymousreply 5401/17/2012

Julie Andrews should have gone back-to-back with a second Best Actress Oscar for Maria in The Sound of Music. She gave a performance that will outlive most Oscar-winning roles.

by Anonymousreply 5501/17/2012

Not the biggest oversight by a long shot but a recent and painful one - Jonny Greenwood's extraordinary, wildly acclaimed score for There Will be Blood was excluded from nomination because it included a 15 minute musical segment originally commissioned not for the film but by the BBC. I can't remember another recent movie so enhanced and enriched by its accompanying music.

Greenwood is scoring Paul Thomas Anderson's next film as well - it can only be great, they're both otherworldly talents.

by Anonymousreply 5601/17/2012

Judy did receive a special Oscar for Oz, for outstanding juvenile performance.

by Anonymousreply 5701/17/2012

forgive me for being ignorant, but Courtney Love was in a movie? I don't remember it.

by Anonymousreply 5801/17/2012

The People Vs. Larry Flynt in 1996, R58. She played Larry Flynt's wife, a strung-out, heroin-addicted mentally ill whore. Not exactly much of a stretch for Courtney.

by Anonymousreply 5901/17/2012

Best Picture, Best Art Direction, Best Director, Best Script - Synecdoche, NY

by Anonymousreply 6001/17/2012

oh wow, that was a high-profile movie. and if she was good in it, she should have had a movie career after that. I assume she didn't bc she's such an unstable mess?

by Anonymousreply 6101/17/2012

Bingo, R61.

by Anonymousreply 6201/17/2012

Courtney being an unstable mess is the main reason her movie career died. But a contributing factor is all the plastic surgery she had. She's become so unnatural looking that she's hard to cast.

by Anonymousreply 6301/17/2012

Her ears are now practically below her jaw line.

by Anonymousreply 6401/17/2012

Stephen Boyd for Ben Hur - his Messala is the black heart of the film and he is at least as good as Heston. Also Jack Hawkins - Hugh Griffith who won best supporting for the same film is just a comic turn with just a couple of scenes.

by Anonymousreply 6501/17/2012

Please, R66. It was started with by some obnoxious queen who just knows Courtney Love's omission was the biggest oversight in HISTORY!

And "the elder gays" are what offend you?

by Anonymousreply 6701/17/2012

r36: I adore Blondell, but she's unendurably arch and actressy in A TREE GROWS IN BROOKLYN. She's miles better in any of her pre-code Warners films.

by Anonymousreply 6801/17/2012

Meryl Streep in The Hours.

Meryl Streep in Manhattan.

Meryl Streep in Dancing at Lughnasa.

Meryl Streep in Death Becomes Her.

Meryl Streep in Marvin's Room.

by Anonymousreply 6901/17/2012

Jo Van Fleet in WILD RIVER (196?)

Beulah Bondi in MAKE WAY FOR TOMORROW (1937)

If you haven't seen these two movies, check them out. These two actresses play characters much older than they were at the time and both do incredible work. But the movies got no love from the Academy. Leo McCarey won Best Director the same year as MAKE WAY for THE AWFUL TRUTH. When he accepted the award and asked if they had given it to him for the right film.

And yes, Sigourney Weaver in THE ICE STORM. That entire character is revealed through her eyes and it's heartbreaking to watch. Hell, the entire movie was ignored and yet has proven very influential (AMERICAN BEAUTY is essentially the sitcom version).

When I see performances like these ignored it reminds me how meaningless the Oscars really are.

by Anonymousreply 7001/17/2012

R42, R46 and R65 took mine. I read a whole page about Kathy and Judy in Dolores one time at a blog, which led me to go get the movie and they were unreal! Lifelong fan of Judy Parfitt from now on thatnks to that. And Stephen won the Golden Globe and couldn't get a nomination?!

by Anonymousreply 7101/17/2012

Was Diane Keaton's Looking for Mr. Goodbar released the same year as Annie Hall? I would have nominated Keaton for Goodbar if that had come out a different year.

by Anonymousreply 7201/17/2012

"Best Picture, Best Art Direction, Best Director, Best Script - Synecdoche, NY"

Agreed. And I would add a Best Actor for Hoffman and possibly Best Actress for Morton as well.

by Anonymousreply 7301/17/2012

Jeff Bridges - Fearless

Rosie Perez - Fearless (nominated, should have easily won)

Charlotte Rampling - Swimming Pool

Viggo Mortensen - Eastern Promises

Sigourney Weaver - Working Girl (nominated, should have won)

by Anonymousreply 7401/17/2012

Toby Jones - Infamous

Sandra Bullock (yes, I hate to say it) - Infamous

by Anonymousreply 7501/17/2012

Kristin Scott-Thomas in "I've loved You So Long"

by Anonymousreply 7601/17/2012

Madonna...

Crazy For You, Visionquest

Into the Groove, Desperately Seeking Susan

Causing A Commotion, Who's That Girl

I'll Remember, With Honors

Live To Tell, At Close Range

This Used To be My Playground, A League Of Their Own

by Anonymousreply 7701/17/2012

This movie has so many fans on the message board, so I'm surprised nobody has picked Mia Farrow for "Rosemary's Baby."

by Anonymousreply 7801/17/2012

Lainie Kazan "My favorite Year". Winner Jessica Lange should not have been in the supporting category for "Tootsie".

by Anonymousreply 7901/17/2012

I'm surprised at the couple of mentions for Rosie Perez for Fearless. Couldn't agree more. Also the three leads in Dolores Claiborne.

by Anonymousreply 8001/17/2012

Regarding Damon for the Talented Mr. Ripley--I totally agree he gave a great performance. The movie was a tour-de-force between his and Jude Law's character. They gave equally great performaces but only Law got a nom in the supporting category.

I heard that Damon would have been nominated had great politicker Harvey Weinstein not become very ill during the pre-oscar season and dropped out of the shmoozing scene.

by Anonymousreply 8101/17/2012

R72, yes it was. She was ineligible to be nominated for both at the Oscars. She did get the split vote at the Globes, of course, GOODBAR for Drama, ANNIE HALL for Comedy.

by Anonymousreply 8201/17/2012

Robyn Lively (older sis of Blake) - Teen Witch Angela Basset - Waiting 2 exhale Meryl Streep- She devil Roseanne- She Devil Julia Roberts- Mary Reily Cameron Diaz- Charlies Angels Faruza Balk- The Craft

The rest needn't matta!

by Anonymousreply 8301/17/2012

For films, I agree with the above about MANHATTAN and would add Diane Keaton's snub for acting that year right up there with it. I almost think PURPLE ROSE OF CAIRO being shut out was a worse snub, ditto for CRIMES AND MISDEMEANORS.

As for Mia Farrow, the fact that she hasn't been nominated at all is pretty shocking. Look at how different she is BROADWAY DANNY ROSE, to PURPLE ROSE, to RADIO DAYS. And she's great in HANNAH, and she took ROSEMARY'S BABY to a different level altogether.

But the fact that this list is so American just goes to underscore that many of the real snubs are not only in the best picture category for films that were not in English, but for scores of actors who deserved to be nominated and were not.

by Anonymousreply 8401/17/2012

I always thought Lisa Kudrow should have been nominated for supporting actress for "The Opposite of Sex". Up to that point I only knew her as Phoebe from Friends, and TOOS was an excellent exercise in playing against type.

by Anonymousreply 8501/17/2012

R78--The OP already mentioned Mia Farrow in "Rosemary's Baby."

To that, I would add: Jobeth Williams for "Poltergeist."

(No, I'm not kidding.)

by Anonymousreply 8601/17/2012

Dyan Cannon, "The Last of Sheila."

Far more entertaining than watching St. Meryl do her Rich Little schtick.

by Anonymousreply 8701/17/2012

"New York, New York" by Kander & Ebb not even nominated for Best Original Song.

by Anonymousreply 8801/17/2012

For "The History Boys"-- Richard Griffiths (lead) and Dominic Cooper (supporting)

by Anonymousreply 9001/17/2012

One more: Samantha Morton in "Morvern Callar" (lead) and "Minority Report" (supporting)

by Anonymousreply 9101/17/2012

Jodie Foster in Stealing Home.

by Anonymousreply 9201/17/2012

Thank you for your thorough reply R89. I was merely referring you to OP's choices in case you thought Farrow had been criminally overlooked.

No offense was intended. I like your additional ideas, by the way.

by Anonymousreply 9301/17/2012

John Goodman, The Big Lebowski

by Anonymousreply 9401/17/2012

R89, you are truly a douchebag. R86 was explicitly talking to R78, not to you. If you're going to so rudely criticize someone, at least pay attention.

by Anonymousreply 9501/17/2012

R67 - that same ugly cunt I get stuck with on the couch at the otherwise fun party. Please kindly fuck off and die.

But excellent suggestions from the rest of you, thanks.

by Anonymousreply 9601/17/2012

Karen Black "Day Of the Locust"

As for Donald Sutherland, he got to fuck Julie Christie. That's his Hollywood prize.

by Anonymousreply 9701/17/2012

Well, R95, since you're addressing me, I guess that means you think I can reply to you. In that vein, throwing a tantrum like the Datalounge police for my failure to track numbers and "pay attention" when the person you think was wronged didn't seem to mind makes you look mentally ill. Or at least suggests you should be careful about throwing around the term "douchebag".

As for R86, who kindly did not call out my error, I apologize and appreciate your kindness and hugs,

Now to get back to the topic, thinking of HANNAH reminded me of Max Von Sydow, who should have more than one nomination. The man played Jesus and has played evil brilliantly more times than I can count. I'd have nominated him for THE EMIGRANTS, THREE DAYS OF THE CONDOR, and THE EXORCIST, not to mention several Bergman films.

by Anonymousreply 9801/17/2012

alan bates and genevieve bujold: king of hearts

by Anonymousreply 9901/17/2012

Naomi Watts - Mulholland Drive

Isabelle Huppert - The Piano Teacher

Juliette Binoche - Blue

Sigourney Weaver - The Ice Storm

Virna Lisi - Queen Margot

Those are the only relevant oversights. Add Kirsten Dunst next week, for Melancholia.

This thread can be closed now.

by Anonymousreply 10001/17/2012

Thanks for the reminder R100. Naomi Watts is amazing in MULHOLLAND DRIVE.

by Anonymousreply 10101/17/2012

River Phoenix not being nominated for My Own Private Idaho.

To give to Anthony Hopkins? Sorry, that was just ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 10201/17/2012

Cate Blanchette - The Gift

Giovani Ribise - The Gift

by Anonymousreply 10301/17/2012

Maureen McCormick:

The Brady Girls Get Married (1981)

by Anonymousreply 10401/17/2012

Kim Hye-ja - Mother

Norma Aleandro - The Official Story

Uma Thurman - Kill Bill

Madeline Kahn - What's Up, Doc?

Beverly D'Angelo - Coal Miner's Daughter

by Anonymousreply 10501/17/2012

[quote]Giovani Ribise - The Gift

True dat

by Anonymousreply 10601/17/2012

Debbi Morgan for Eve's Bayou

by Anonymousreply 10701/17/2012

Pia Zadora for "The Lonely Lady," which was the greatest performance by an actress since Katharine Hepburn in "The Lion In Winter." Ms. Zadora was totally robbed of an Oscar for her amazing achievement in the art of screen acting.

by Anonymousreply 10801/17/2012

James Spader, 'sex, lies, & videotape.'

He won at Cannes and then not even nominated.

by Anonymousreply 10901/17/2012

Well, y'all, what about me?

by Anonymousreply 11001/17/2012

Christina Ricci - Buffalo 66

Amy Jo Johnson - Mighty Morphin Power Rangers.

Joseph Gordon-Levitt - Mysterious Skin

by Anonymousreply 11101/17/2012

Michael Fassbender - Hunger

by Anonymousreply 11201/17/2012

Meryl Streep - "Watch Me Queef"

by Anonymousreply 11301/17/2012

You guys have some great choices!

Totally in agreement with

JoBeth Williams for Poltergeist- tremendous likeability and believability with a few knockout scenes. her and Craig T's likeability and insane chemistry makes the film all that more effective.

Samantha Morton- Morvern Callar. Tremendous performance but my god that film is SO depressing for some reason

Sigourney Weaver in The Ice Storm. Perfect.

by Anonymousreply 11401/17/2012

Glad to see some Amy Jo Johnson live on here.

by Anonymousreply 11501/17/2012

Slightly OT, but no less than three lesbian friends of mine have told me that Jobeth Williams in "Poltergeist" was their fantasy dream woman. They all told me they would give anything to have a girlfriend exactly like Jobeth in that movie.

by Anonymousreply 11601/17/2012

Juliette Binoche in Blue was dazzling r100.

Good choices you made.

by Anonymousreply 11701/17/2012

Annabeth Gish, JoBeth Williams, and Ellen Barkin were all unbelievably fine in the very good and underrated "Desert Bloom". What a real gem of a movie.

by Anonymousreply 11801/17/2012

Yes Debbie Morgan was great and to think Eve's Bayou was not even nominated! Disgusting oversight.

by Anonymousreply 11901/17/2012

MARION COTILLARD for NINE!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 12001/17/2012

Joaquin Phoenix for "Quills."

by Anonymousreply 12101/18/2012

[quote]It amazes me that Donald Sutherland has never been nominated.

He's just not well-liked.

Neither is his son.

Very talented people but by many accounts, assholes.

by Anonymousreply 12201/18/2012

Doesn't that describe thousands of people in Hollywood, R122?

by Anonymousreply 12301/18/2012

Malcolm McDowell in "A Clockwork Orange"

Brad Davis in "Midnight Express"

by Anonymousreply 12401/18/2012

Olivia Williams in "An Education"

Olivia Williams in "The Ghost Writer"

by Anonymousreply 12501/18/2012

Cate Blanchett for "The Talented Mr. Ripley"--best performance in the whole film

Kate Winslet for "Heavenly Creatures"--still her greatest performance

Melanie Lynskey for "Heavenly Creatures"

by Anonymousreply 12601/18/2012

All the performances in 'The Talented Mr Ripley' were good. It should have received more nominations, I agree.

At least Jude Law was nominated.

by Anonymousreply 12701/18/2012

bjork: dancer in the dark

by Anonymousreply 12801/18/2012

Ullman in Autumn Sonata

Stanwyck in The Lady Eve

Huppert in Story of Women

Monroe in Some Like It Hot

Cher in Mask

Boland in The Women

Keaton in Baby Boom

Keaton in Shoot the Moon

Aleandro in The Official Story

Hepburn in Two for the Road

Ritter, never winning

Moorehead, never winning

Brandauer in Mephisto

Von Sydow in Snow Falls on Cedars

Von Sydow in The Diving Bell and the Butterfly

Buscemi in Fargo

Finney in Shoot the Moon

Finney in Before the Devil Knows You're Dead

Finney in Two for the Road

Finney, never winning

by Anonymousreply 12901/18/2012

I realize that it would have been an impossibility given the reaction at its initial release, but I think Tim Curry in "The Rocky Horror Picture Show" delivered one of the great screen performances of all time.

by Anonymousreply 13001/18/2012

[quote]Cate Blanchett for "The Talented Mr. Ripley"--best performance in the whole film

Omg, I couldn't agree more!

by Anonymousreply 13101/18/2012

I also agree that Blanchett stole Talented Mr. Ripley. I much prefer her performance in it to the one she gave in The Aviator, stealing the oscar that year from the very deserving Virginia Madsen. Of course if AMPAS hadn't royally fucked up by giving the oscar that rightfully should have been Blanchett's for Elizabeth to Gwyneth Paltrow's performance in Shakespeare in Love - hardly Ms. Paltrow's finest - that never would have happened.

by Anonymousreply 13201/18/2012

r129, Liv Ullmann is spelled with two Ns.

It's "Ingmar Bergman", but "Liv Ullmann".

Anyway, she should have been nominated, and WON, for Scenes from a Marriage.

Also, Bibi Andersson should have been nominated for Persona, Ingrid Thulin for The Silence and Cries and Whispers, and Harriet Andersson for Through a Glass Darkly.

by Anonymousreply 13301/18/2012

R123, maybe it's because he's Canadian as well as being an asshole. You don't see Ivan Reitman being nominated for Oscars either, do you?

by Anonymousreply 13401/18/2012

Madonna as Evita Peron

by Anonymousreply 13501/18/2012

Absolutely bjork in dancer in the dark.

by Anonymousreply 13601/18/2012

Faye Dunaway in Mommie Dearest

by Anonymousreply 13701/19/2012

Here's what I love about DL: sure, there will always be a couple of douchebags inflitrating every thread. But mostly it's sane and thoughtful and, yes, even intellectual and if you're smart (and not just a malcontent contrary a-hole), you can always learn something.

For instance, so many of you mentioned "Dolores Claiborne" and its actors on this thread and I realized that I, even as movie buff especially during that period, had never seen it, had let it slip through the cracks all these years.

So ordered it based on the recs here and loved it. Especially said actors. So thanks, guys. Keep 'em coming.

by Anonymousreply 13801/19/2012

Jim Carrey in Eternal Sunshine of The Spotless Mind.

by Anonymousreply 13901/19/2012

again b/c the search button is not working, Patty Duke in Valley of the Dolls and to be serious Patty Duke in a film called Me, Natalie (which she won the GG award for that year beating out Barbra S.among others)

by Anonymousreply 14001/19/2012

Campbell Scott in 'Roger Dodger'.

by Anonymousreply 14101/19/2012

Maggie Gyllenhaal - Sherrybaby

Joan Allen - The Upside of Anger

by Anonymousreply 14201/19/2012

Did someone already say Paul Giamatti for Sideways? It was a huge oversight considering everyone else in the cast pretty much got nominated that year.

by Anonymousreply 14301/19/2012

I can't believe he wasn't nominated for Sideways.

by Anonymousreply 14401/19/2012

Kevin Kline in "Dave".

by Anonymousreply 14501/20/2012

I've been thinking mostly of actors -- but, in terms of Oscar snubs, they probably don't get much bigger than

Steven Spielberg, no Best Director nod for "Jaws".

I mean, talk about a director's movie! That still holds up. (I didn't care so much when they ignored him for oddly misconstrued/Disneyesque "Color Purple").

by Anonymousreply 14601/20/2012

Kenneth Nelson was robbed of an Oscar nomination for The Boys in the Band. I also think Cliff Gorman and Leonard Frey should have gotten Supporting Actor nominations for the movie.

by Anonymousreply 14701/20/2012

Eli Wallach and John Cazale never being nominated, ever.

But, specifically, Wallach for "The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly"--he stole the film.

Cazale, being passed over for "Dog Day Afternoon" in favor of his co-star Chris Sarandon.

by Anonymousreply 14801/20/2012

Whoopi in [italic]The Color Purple[/italic].

Stanwyck in [italic]The Lady Eve or The Great Man's Lady or Executive Suite[/italic].

Jennifer Jones in [italic]Madame Bovary.[/italic]

Sidney Poitier in [italic]To Sir, With Love.[/italic].

Connie Mason in [italic]Blood Feast[/italic]

by Anonymousreply 14901/20/2012

Stu Erwin in Pigskin Parade

by Anonymousreply 15001/20/2012

Laura Dern in Citizen Ruth

by Anonymousreply 15101/21/2012

Weird, the first one that came to mind was Sigourney Weaver in "The Ice Storm", and then I see that she's already been mentioned about seven times. I had no idea that her performance had connected with so many people. The movie didn't receive a single nomination that year.

by Anonymousreply 15201/22/2012

Stanwyck didn't get the 10 or 12 nominations that she deserved. Likewise Cary Grant.

Garbo for Ninotchka

Was Preston Sturges ever nominated for Best Director? Doubtful, and a gross oversight. I don't think Hitchcock ever won a Best Director award either.

by Anonymousreply 15301/22/2012

R133, many people thought Liv Ullmann was the Oscar frontrunner for Scenes from a Marriage, but as I recall the movie was ruled ineligible as it was originally broadcast on television overseas.

by Anonymousreply 15401/22/2012

Joseph Gordon Levitt - Mysterious Skin

by Anonymousreply 15501/22/2012

Ice Storm should have been nominated for screenplay, Weaver, score and maybe even directing. The film industry (LA) didn't seem to get the movie. I guess they prefer being bludgeoned over the head (American Beauty) than appreciating something a little more subtle.

I also think Sean Penn should have won for his direction of Into the Wild - amazing direction and passion project. Similarly Hal Holbrook should have won (I think he was nommed)

Agree on Naomi Watts/Mulholland Drive, but that performance is tricky to measure. It's the sum of disparate parts - easy to dismiss Betty as camp and Diane as heavy handed, but together, they work. It's also creepy how much Watts' character resembles her real life story (Kidman as the big star)

Tom Cruise was criminally underrated in Rain Man. He did all the work in that film while Hoffman mugged.

All the actors in LA CONFIDENTIAL were great - in fact, they were each better than Kim Basinger - not sure why she won.

CASINO - Sharon Stone should have been supporting actress. She Should have won. She's always been better at supporting and anatagonizing male leads rather than being the lead (Sliver, anyone? ew)

by Anonymousreply 15601/22/2012

R153, you're right -- Preston Sturges was never even nominated for a best director Oscar! He was, however, nominated a couple of times for best screenwriter, and actually won the screenwriting Oscar for the first film he directed, The Great McGinty.

Equally shameful, Hitchcock never won the best director Oscar! He was nominated 5 times but probably deserved to get the nod a dozen times or more

by Anonymousreply 15701/22/2012

"Ice Storm should have been nominated for screenplay, Weaver, score and maybe even directing. The film industry (LA) didn't seem to get the movie. I guess they prefer being bludgeoned over the head (American Beauty) than appreciating something a little more subtle."

"Ice Storm" came out two years (1997) before "American Beauty" (1999). Its year was the year of "Titinic" and "L.A. Confidential".

by Anonymousreply 15801/22/2012

My issue with Naomi Watts in "Mulholland Drive" is that it was a TV pilot first so I think only sweet Betty existed then (and that is NOT a great performance really). The evil double life stuff was written in later when the show wasn't picked up -- and then Naomi was about to flourish.

And, no, she wasn't in on the joke up front because there was no joke yet. So Naomi Watts may be one of the luckiest actors on the planet. Love the movie, by the way, but it has truly weird origins.

by Anonymousreply 15901/22/2012

Tori Spelling in "Trick"--excellent performance that pushed the fag-hag stereotype in another direction

by Anonymousreply 16001/22/2012

THE ICE STORM is fascinating because it's not so much what the characters do, but it's what they don't do.

WHITE OLEANDER as I mentioned in another thread, is another movie that people just didn't seem to get. Pfeiffer does a brilliant balancing act between intellectual and psychotic. She could have taken the easy way out and played her one note, but she didn't. All the other actors in the movie are also great.

by Anonymousreply 16101/22/2012

161, WHote Oleander is my favorite book of all time. The film is OKAY but not nearly as amazing as the book. That being said, I totally agree with you about Michelle Pfeiffer. She was especially effective in the jail scenes. And Alison Lohman was fantastic as well. Hell, even Robin Wright was great.

by Anonymousreply 16201/22/2012

Meryl Streep for JULIA

Meryl Streep for MANHATTAN

Meryl Streep for PLENTY

Meryl Streep for DEATH BECOMES HER

Meryl Streep for THE RIVER WILD

Meryl Streep for THE HOUSE OF THE SPIRITS

Meryl Streep for THE HOURS

Meryl Streep for DANCING AT LUGHNASA

Meryl Streep for LIONS FOR LAMBS

Meryl Streep for MAMMA MIA

Meryl should have won at least 10 Oscars by now. No one else compares to her divine talent in the history of cinema, including all directors, writers, cinematographers, and whoever does the catering. She is a national treasure and her shit smells like rose petals.

by Anonymousreply 16301/22/2012

ANY song winning Best Song other than "It's Hard Out There For A Pimp". I mean, realllllly!!!!!.....

by Anonymousreply 16401/22/2012

r163, you're not far off the mark.

She should have won 5 by now. Considering her unique and very unusual talent, that is not an exaggeration.

I do believe that film history has never had an actress as VERSATILE as Meryl. Many actresses were and are very talented. Few have ever been as versatile as Meryl, and as brilliant on so many levels. She is without equal in that regard.

Meryl should have won for A Cry in the Dark, The Devil Wears Prada and Julie & Julia. (regardless of that film's quality; the performance was a career highlight).

by Anonymousreply 16501/22/2012

But r159, she played both facets brilliantly. That's what matters.

Her standout moment is her rehearsing that one scene for the film... her audition.

Her range in that scene is STUNNING. It's a very self-contained scene, unaffected by the disjointed production history of Mulholland Drive, but part of her "sweet storyline", not the evil alternate one. So it kinda disproves what you are saying, even though I understand where you're coming from.

She has so many amazing moments in Mulholland Drive, and her "innocent scenes" are full of finesse as well.

I don't care for the muddled origins of that film/pilot. It's easily one of the best performances ever committed to celluloid, and Naomi Watts should have been nominated and WON the Oscar that year.

by Anonymousreply 16601/22/2012

kelly brook in piranha 3d (according to her) apparently

by Anonymousreply 16701/22/2012

JENNIFER... JASON... LEIGH!

Best contemporary American actress without one Oscar nod to her name, and certainly the un-luckiest according to critics' precursor awards.

Last Exit to Brooklyn and/or Miami Blues (1990 Best Supporting Actress NY Film Critics)

Mrs. Parker and the Vicious Circle (1994 Best Actress GG nod and National Society of Film Critics)

Georgia (1995 Best Actress NY Film Critics)

Dolores Claiborne (1995 Best Supporting Actress, queens everywhere love this film)

by Anonymousreply 16801/22/2012

Shocked that no one has mentioned Bruno Ganz in "Downfall"

by Anonymousreply 16901/22/2012

She was great in Doloris Claiborne.

by Anonymousreply 17001/22/2012

Sean Penn for "The Assassination of Richard Nixon", one of the best performances of his career.

by Anonymousreply 17101/22/2012

I eat shit.

by Anonymousreply 17201/22/2012

This isn't going to make me any friends here on DL but:

Rupert Everett in "My Best Friend's Wedding"

Greg Kineer in "As Good As It Gets".

by Anonymousreply 17301/22/2012

Russell Crowe "Cinderella Man"

Kathleen Turner "The War of the Roses" and "Prizzi's Honor"

by Anonymousreply 17401/22/2012

Oh, and for my fellow eldergays...

Myrna Loy in "The Best Years Of Our Lives".

Jennifer Jones nominated for "Duel In The Sun"? Seriously?

by Anonymousreply 17501/22/2012

Amy Jo Johnson in Cold Hearts

by Anonymousreply 17601/22/2012

[quote]ANY song winning Best Song other than "It's Hard Out There For A Pimp". I mean, realllllly!!!!!.....

I respectfully disagree. Did you see "Hustle & Flow"? The other nominees were all tacked on at the end credits. "It's Hard Out There For A Pimp" was completely integral to the story and deserved the award.

by Anonymousreply 17701/22/2012

Whitney Houston for 'the bodyguard'

Whitney Houston for 'the preacher's wife'

by Anonymousreply 17802/14/2012

bump

by Anonymousreply 17904/06/2012

The single one?

Barbara Stanwyck not being nominated for The Lady Eve.

by Anonymousreply 18004/06/2012

"This isn't going to make me any friends here on DL but:

Rupert Everett in "My Best Friend's Wedding"

Greg Kineer in "As Good As It Gets"."

Greg Kinnear was nominated for "As Good As It Gets."

He shouldn't have been. The token gay character nomination in that category that year should have gone to Rupert Everett for "My Best Friend's Wedding."

by Anonymousreply 18104/06/2012

DiCaprio in J Edgar

Into the Wild should have been nominated for Picture and Director

Boogie Nights picture

Naomi Watts, Best Actress, Mulholland Dr.

Sharon Stone should have been nommed supporting for Casino. She would have won.

by Anonymousreply 18204/06/2012

r182 DiCaprio in J Edgar Agree. Sharon Stone should have been nommed supporting for Casino. She would have won. Agree.

by Anonymousreply 18304/06/2012

Sean Astin should have at least have been nominated for The Lord of the Rings.

by Anonymousreply 18404/06/2012

Teri Garr should've won best supporting actress for Tootsie. Much as I respect Jessica Lange, she did nothing special with her role that warranted Oscar consideration. Garr, however.....well, can you imagine another actress in that role? I can't.

by Anonymousreply 18504/06/2012

Morgan Freeman over Tom Hanks in Shawshank Redemption. The movie and his performance mesmerize me whenever it is on one of the movie channels.

by Anonymousreply 18604/06/2012

Lesley Manville in Another Year. One of the best performances of the past decade, and she wasn't even nominated.

by Anonymousreply 18704/06/2012

Watching Cinderella Liberty with James Caan & Marsha Mason right now. Why didn't sweep the Oscars?

by Anonymousreply 18805/15/2012

I pre- nominate Barbra for "Gypsy", for 2014. A 70 year old woman who convinces you she has 2 teenage daughters, 1 , a stripper, deserves an Oscar.

by Anonymousreply 18905/15/2012

The great Warren Oates in the mesmerizing "Bring Me the Head of Alfredo Garcia."

by Anonymousreply 19005/15/2012

R188, wierd, that is a forgotten classic in my book. Should be considered one of the greats in American cinema.

by Anonymousreply 19105/15/2012

R185, that's funny because I was just thinking about her performance the other day. The scene where she finally gets out of the bathroom and no one noticed that she'd been missing is hysterical.

by Anonymousreply 19205/15/2012

John Savage for The Deer Hunter. Amazing!!!

by Anonymousreply 19405/15/2012

"Thelma & Louise" for Best Picture.

by Anonymousreply 19505/15/2012

bump-oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

by Anonymousreply 19605/16/2012

1989 when "Glory" was bypassed for a nomination in favor of "My Left Foot" and "Born on the Fourth of July".My guess is that they couldn't handle two "black" movies because of "Driving Miss Daisy"..travesty...

by Anonymousreply 19705/16/2012

184, wasn't Sean Astin nominated for one of the Lord of the Rings films? The third, perhaps?

by Anonymousreply 19805/16/2012

Not perhaps an enormous oversight, but I thought Bruce Willis was very, very good - and different work than his usual action films - in "The Sixth Sense."

by Anonymousreply 19905/16/2012

Who the hell is Sally Hawkins?? I thought I was a film buff...???

by Anonymousreply 20005/16/2012

Hi, not meaning to hijack this thread, but some/several posters mentioned Vivien Leigh in "The Roman Spring of Mrs. Stone."

Does anyone know exactly what the ending means? I'm not stupid and haven't seen the whole thing through, but am nevertheless arguing with a friend 3,000 miles away about the ending: what it is meant by her throwing down the key to a skeevy-looking guy?

I will continue to look other places on the Internet, too; just thought that one of you superb film buffs (I'm serious not sarcastic here!) might know/have an opinion.

TIA.

by Anonymousreply 20105/16/2012

Kate Nelligan in "The Prince of Tides." If you have seen the film you know what I mean.

by Anonymousreply 20205/16/2012

"Tom Cruise was criminally underrated in Rain Man. He did all the work in that film while Hoffman mugged."

Agreed. I know Tammy is rightly hated for his personal life, but in a few performances he's been great.

Top Gun - not Oscar worthy by a long stretch, but he showed real movie star charisma. These days we're told Zach Effron and Shia LaShitface are movie stars, but they have no charisma.

He's great in Born on the 4th of July, Color of Money, Rain Man and Magnolia.

by Anonymousreply 20305/16/2012

I also agree with Tom Cruise in "Rain Main"....it was his best performance.

by Anonymousreply 20405/17/2012

Maureen O'Hara in Only the Lonely. There wasn't anything better, leading or supporting, that year.

by Anonymousreply 20505/17/2012

????????

by Anonymousreply 20610/13/2012

[quote]BIGGEST OVERBITE IN OSCAR HISTORY?

Gene Tierney, of course.

by Anonymousreply 20710/13/2012

Albert Finney & Diane Keaton, SHOOT THE MOON

by Anonymousreply 20810/13/2012

Donald Sutherland owns this thread.

by Anonymousreply 20910/13/2012

Agnes Moorehead - The Magnificent Ambersons

Totally agree about Stanwyck in The Lady Eve.

Mia Farrow - Rosemary's Baby and Broadway Danny Rose.

R186 Shawshank Redemption - Nominated for seven Oscars, winning none.

by Anonymousreply 21010/13/2012

Marcia Gay Hardin in "Late For Dinner."

by Anonymousreply 21110/13/2012

Last year is up there - both Jean Louis Trintigant and John Hawkes were robbed by not being nominated for Amour and The Sessions. And who got the nods instead? Jackman's disappointing Valjean and Joaquin Phoenix's hammy self-indulgent performance in The Master.

by Anonymousreply 21209/19/2013

[quote]Kate Nelligan in "The Prince of Tides." If you have seen the film you know what I mean.

Oh please, it was pure Southern Fried ham. Juliette Lewis should have won for "Cape Fear".

by Anonymousreply 21309/19/2013

I think "The Ice Storm" was far too subtle, maybe for its own good.

I love the movie, but it feels like the kind of movie that will carry a message or a statement about human nature... but it doesn't. Considering Ang Lee's directorial skill, I assume that is what he wanted - a character piece that leaves you with an impression but not a statement. However, I'm betting Hollywood and critics thought Lee was aiming for something bigger and missed the mark.

I would have nominated it for icture, director, screenplay, definitely costumes and production design, score, Actress for Joan Allen, Sup Actress (and easy win) for Weaver.

by Anonymousreply 21409/19/2013

Sharon Stone was properly placed as Lead Actress in Casino. Not only because she is the leading lady in the film, but because she dominates it. Without her, you have another Scorsese/DeNiro mob informational with some snazzy costumes.

by Anonymousreply 21509/19/2013

I believe Stanwyck wasn't nominated for The Lady Eve because she was nominated that year for Ball of Fire.

by Anonymousreply 21609/19/2013

[quote]It's also creepy how much Watts' character resembles her real life story (Kidman as the big star)

I wouldn't be surprised if her telling David Lynch how close she was to the character nabbed her that part.

by Anonymousreply 21709/19/2013

Meryl Streep should have 5 Oscars:

Kramer vs. Kramer

Sophie's Choice

A Cry in the Dark

Adaptation

The Devil Wears Prada

by Anonymousreply 21809/19/2013

Elaine Stritch should have won the Oscar for September.

She was even better than Olympia Dukakis who won for Moonstruck that year.

by Anonymousreply 21909/19/2013

[quote]Last year is up there

The worst for me was AnN Dowd in Compliance. Such a weak supporting field, I don't understand how they could have overlooked that.

by Anonymousreply 22009/19/2013

Tippi Hedren should have won for Marnie.

by Anonymousreply 22109/19/2013

Ronee Blakely - Nashville

Stellar performance, wonderful songs (that she penned), and moving vocals. She IS Barbara Jean in the film - totally inhabits the character.

Karen Black - Day of the Locust

Black captures the glamour, shallowness, and repulsiveness of celebrity culture while giving a riveting performance. In some scenes she almost comes across as lizard-like - the actress as chameleon. She's tied with Blakely, IMO, for the best performance of at least the 70s.

by Anonymousreply 22209/19/2013

Why do you all suppose that so few actors have been nominated when playing leads in Hitchcock films?

Check it out....there are only a few.

by Anonymousreply 22309/19/2013

Dorothy McGuire for [italic] A Tree Grows in Brooklyn [/italic] (1945). Riveting performance and a shameful oversight.

by Anonymousreply 22409/19/2013

Linda Lovelace, Deep Throat

by Anonymousreply 22509/19/2013

Michael Fassbender in Hunger and then in Shame.

by Anonymousreply 22609/19/2013

The OP is an idiot. In that Larry Flynt movie, Courtney Love was a drug-addicted, bi-sexual stripper playing a drug-addicted, bi-sexual stripper. There was NO acting involved.

by Anonymousreply 22709/19/2013

Butterfly McQueen for GWTW. Seriously, good performance.

by Anonymousreply 22810/04/2013

Beverly 'angelo in Coal Miners Daughter-should have been nominated Judy Davis-in Husbands and Wives should have won

by Anonymousreply 22910/04/2013

JW King in "Brothers Should Do It." A shocking oversight, not even a nomination.

by Anonymousreply 23010/04/2013

Not even nominated, but should have won:

Giulietta Masina in CABIRIA and JULIET OF THE SPIRITS

Mia Farrow in THE PURPLE ROSE OF CAIRO

Coral Browne in DREAMCHILD

Cate Blanchett in THE TALENTED MR. RIPLEY (Supporting)

by Anonymousreply 23110/04/2013

Sunrise should have won the first Best Picture. Yes, I know it won "Most Artistic Poduction," but "Wings" was voted Best Picture--thus setting precedent for entertaining pot-boilers with special effect through the Academy's history.

by Anonymousreply 23210/04/2013

Sheryl Lee--Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me Naomi Watts--Mulholland Drive Laura Dern--Inland Empire

Nicholas Cage--Bringing out the Dead

Harvey Keitel--Bad Lieutenant

Are we just talking actors and actresses here?

by Anonymousreply 23310/04/2013

Charlize Theron in Young Adult. WTF was with that? Even if you didn't like the film, there's no denying her incredible work here.

by Anonymousreply 23410/05/2013

Lara Parker in Save The Tiger

by Anonymousreply 23510/10/2013

In all honesty, Christine Taylor in The Brady Bunch Movie

by Anonymousreply 23610/10/2013

Michael Keaton was not even nominated for Clean and Sober. Dustin Hoffman got the trophy that year for Rain Man, a way way overrated movie.

by Anonymousreply 23710/10/2013
Need more help? Click Here.