Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Anyone see Madonna tonight on The Graham Norton show?

What did you think of her reaction to the Italian guys who made the Madonna dolls? She seemed a bit snobby to me (as usual).

by Anonymousreply 8709/23/2014

I don't need to see this vile gash.

by Anonymousreply 101/14/2012

A BIT???!

by Anonymousreply 201/14/2012

I didn't pay attention to that... that damn accent was just bizarre. What the hell. Isn't she from Detroit?

by Anonymousreply 301/15/2012

Had to go see the clip on youtube. Nope, she didn't look too thrilled. It's a shame she couldn't even try to fake it.

I've noticed with the Norton show and when I saw a clip of 20/20 the other night of her directing on the set, that there's a lack of simple manners. No thank you or please, just "do it" or "gimme that."

by Anonymousreply 401/15/2012

I usually love this show, so much better than American talk shows, but this was awful, she's boring.

by Anonymousreply 501/15/2012

[quote]I usually love this show, so much better than American talk shows, but this was awful, she's boring.

And Graham looked like a pathetic old queen kissing her ass the whole time, saying shit like she should have won an Oscar *roll eyes*.

by Anonymousreply 601/15/2012

She was very gracious, or pretending to be - in order to get us to see her awful film. But she could have been nicer to the guys who made the dolls .... did she get to keep them, I think she asked if she could.

by Anonymousreply 701/15/2012

I knew he would be geneflecting before her all the time - and the 2 actors from the film have to look so grateful to be there, bet she pissed them off royally during the filming.

Presumably before a show like this Madonna has a meeting with the host to explain how it will go, what she will and won't do or answer, and how she is to be treated - just to promote her wares.

by Anonymousreply 801/15/2012

Her face looked awful. And she came off as a self-regarding bitch. How difficult would it have been to be gracious to the doll guys?

by Anonymousreply 901/15/2012

Dear OP,

POST A VIDEO YOU LAZY FUCK.

by Anonymousreply 1001/15/2012

[quote]Her face looked awful. And she came off as a self-regarding bitch. How difficult would it have been to be gracious to the doll guys?

She's a mean, ungrateful cunt. Did you see the part where she rolled her eyes and was yawning when one fan was reading a letter he wrote to her when he was a kid? She's such an asshole. Don't know how she has any fans left.

by Anonymousreply 1101/15/2012

No, r8 - her people list her demands to Norton's crew to ensure that when Madonna arrives she is not bothered by the little people until she is ready and knows exactly how it will go.

by Anonymousreply 1201/15/2012

What's up with his accent is it authentic or fake American?

by Anonymousreply 1301/15/2012

Where on the youtube video are the dolls? I don't want to watch the entire 44 minute show.

by Anonymousreply 1401/15/2012

r13, she's not British.

by Anonymousreply 1501/15/2012

"Where on the youtube video are the dolls? I don't want to watch the entire 44 minute show."

It's around the 20 min. mark.

by Anonymousreply 1601/15/2012

Madonna was pretentious. She's been that way for over 20 years now. She wants to be seen as more than a girl with no college degree from Detroit.

by Anonymousreply 1701/15/2012

This is exactly how she acted to the guy who presented her flowers. She really is a cunt.

Graham made the comment about there not being any women in the audience. Why? Madonna fans, all gay elderly qweeens, got first dibs on tickets. They filled the audience.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: she has no personality. Never has, never will.

by Anonymousreply 1801/15/2012

R15, you indicate Madonna is not British. For your information, Bay City, Michigan, where she was born and raised, is known as the Whitechapel of the greater Saginaw metroplex.

by Anonymousreply 1901/15/2012

r19 = moron

by Anonymousreply 2001/15/2012

I just watched the show. I am SO not a Madge fan, but she seemed gracious about the dolls, and almost rather sweet. She discreetly mouthed "thank you" to the guys who made them, and she did want to keep them. What more do you expect? I'm sure she gets stalkers all the time, and her security detail has probably told her not to engage at all with anyone who shows obsessive behaviour -- which the dolls certainly do -- so I imagined she had that in the back of her mind. She was fine. She's a little dull, true, but so? My friends are interesting, i don't need her to be.

by Anonymousreply 2101/15/2012

Is Madonna into anal? I bet she is since she always has a stick up her ass.

by Anonymousreply 2301/15/2012

TROLL!

by Anonymousreply 2401/15/2012

Madonna has actually had a few run ins with stalkers over the years and most recently, I think last summer, at her home in England, where a stalker jumped over the gate and got past security. Haven't yet seen this show but I guess what happened is some guys made Madonna dolls and she was supposed to do what exactly? My god, I hope Gaga was taking a lesson because THAT bitch is boring and will be slinging hash in Denny's by the end of the decade! She's already so played out that nobody is paying attention to her anymore while Madonna is prepping a new world tour which will likely be, yet again, the highest grossing tour EVER.

by Anonymousreply 2501/15/2012

R25 says "Haven't yet seen this show"

And yet you're defending her terrible behavior, AND attacking Lady GaGa (which has nothing to do with this thread). Are you suffering from A serious brain injury?

She's not a terribly gracious person, and Norton's kissing up was incredibly annoying.

Her puffy face had too much filler in it. She looked like a blonde chipmunk with the mumps.

by Anonymousreply 2601/15/2012

Madonna's heart is frozen. Mmmmm If doll makers can melt her heart. Mmmmm She'd never be in Walmart. Mmmmm

by Anonymousreply 2701/15/2012

What was the line where she referred to herself as sophisticated, intelligent and a couple of other things?

by Anonymousreply 2801/15/2012

[quote]But she could have been nicer to the guys who made the dolls

Why reward failure?

by Anonymousreply 2901/15/2012

She was fine with the doll guys. A little reserved/cool, but she was fine. What did you want her to do, jump up & down with excitement and run into the audience and embrace them?

Starts at 20:40

by Anonymousreply 3001/15/2012

she should have won an oscar for Evita? OMG he has lost it for good this time...rmember when Liza had the guys on who made the puppet of her and how truly thankful she was...and she played with it and all.. a real trooper... Madge was so bored and disrespectful... the rolling of the eyes everyone should rush out and go to this movie now... give her your money...

by Anonymousreply 3101/15/2012

She got more gracious and respectful to the doll guys by the end of that segment, and she did mouth "thank you" and asked for the glasses that went with the latest doll.

The part of the show where the actors read a translation from Hungarian of a Madonna interview was hilarious. "In America, it is not considered to be mental illness for a woman to stalk her prey in the setting of a discotheque."

by Anonymousreply 3201/15/2012

When watchink, all I could think vuz, "I vish her vuz a cop zo I could zlap her."

by Anonymousreply 3301/15/2012

Question: Why would a Madonna troll take the time to find BBC America in their list of hundreds of channels? Why would a Madonna troll watch a tv interview about Madonna for 45 minutes?

Oh yeah...so they can post their own idiot observations and discuss ad infinitum for an artist they supposedly believe to be "over".

Get a hobby hons. There is a whole world out there waiting for you to do something constructive with. Starting yet another thread about Madonna is just sad.

Great interview IMO. Madonna was relaxed and in a jovial mood. There was plenty of fun banter, and the Brits obviously LOVE Madonna. Don't know why she feels the need to re-capture the American audiences. After all, we're all about the talentless whore Kim Kardashian, the religious nut job Tim Tebow and ever-dyke-like Justin Bieber.

by Anonymousreply 3401/15/2012

damn, this is how bs gets started.

She was fine on the show.

She was relaxed. And fun.

The dolls? They were Barbie's dressed up in imitation clothing that Madonna wore. Nothing more. It was cute, but what the fuck is the woman going to do with a non-commissioned doll??

Did any of you even watch the interview?

by Anonymousreply 3501/15/2012

I'm not a fan of Madonna but even I don't take her at face value. I thought she was funny and doing a bit of a sly take on her public persona - she can obviously be funny and crack jokes as she did with Norton when she brought up her recent skiing holiday.

I mean, isn't the joke that she acts more like The Queen than The Queen? I thought it was a joke that she's so hard to please and acts a bit like a dominatrix with her fans. It's also a sly assertion of how much of a creative perfectionist she really is. I mean, she is a true global superstar - I kind of like her perched high above the rest and instead of fawning all over her fans and everything they do she more or less says, "Try harder." It's meant to be funny, isn't it? Even if it is true?

The red chair bit is a regular gag on Norton's show and usually no one survives it or gets very far into their stories. So she did show real warmth towards her fans when she initially refused to tip them backwards in the chair and insisted on hearing them out.

I thought Norton did a good job with her. If you had seen another British chat show host, Jonathan Ross, interview Streisand a few years back you'd realise what a terrific job Norton did with Madonna. And it was hilarious when he revealed his dog was named Madge. So...he didn't pull all his punches.

by Anonymousreply 3601/15/2012

Just give me a FAAAHHNNN, Graham!

by Anonymousreply 3701/15/2012

What r21 and r25 said.

She acted graciously, considering those two were over-obsessed Madonna fans.

She was fine in the interview too, and had a good and natural rapport with the two actors from her film.

Stop projecting, people.

by Anonymousreply 3801/15/2012

you're absolutely correct, r36. People must dumb, blind and deaf if they didn't get the red chair thing. It's a GIMMICK!

And the Romanian guy was in on it. He was placed at the end of the last segment of the show, intentionally, and his purple prose was supposed to kick the chair. Which it did.

It was all in good humour.

Just out of curiosity, how did Ross fail the Streisand interview? What went wrong?

by Anonymousreply 3901/15/2012

I'm always amazed how little charisma, presence and charm she has in interviews.

by Anonymousreply 4001/15/2012

Madonna is a cunt? Why, you DON'T SAY.

Next you'll tell me the sky is blue!

by Anonymousreply 4101/15/2012

r17 - are you serious? You are going to go there? The woman has broken record after record, traveled all around the world three or four times, made millions, has done EXACTLY what she set out to do with her life and more, and you are going to try and play the "she has no college degree" card?

You're a boring moron.

by Anonymousreply 4201/15/2012

"You're a boring moron."

I'm gonna defend that "boring moron". Her lack of education really comes through when she's being interviewed. She has to close her eyes to focus on saying something that makes sense, she always seems to strain. She's a good business women but she's never shown herself to be a great intellect.

by Anonymousreply 4301/15/2012

[R43] She's straining because at that very moment, Granny Ciccone is pooping in her Depends.

by Anonymousreply 4401/15/2012

Dear god, the plastic surgery is terrible. The cheeks, the cheeks, the cheeks.

by Anonymousreply 4501/15/2012

Sue me, I though Loudes was hilarious in the video. She's fourteen and talks like Selma Ritter already. Scroll down.

by Anonymousreply 4601/15/2012

R43, she supposedly has a 140 IQ. It must be heavily weighted toward the performance side because her verbal skills have always been poor. I don't think she's ever said a witty thing in her life.

by Anonymousreply 4701/15/2012

I heard that she stabbed a hobo with one of the dolls after the taping.

by Anonymousreply 4801/15/2012

EDUCATION doesn't make one smart. All you college grads really think you are the cat's meow don't you? All recycled shit you remember. You're robot's, not smart, get it clear. Smart isn't something your taught. Even a child who is 5 can memorize all the presidents, all the 50 states, your just an olde version. Snobs!

by Anonymousreply 4901/15/2012

Oh, fuck YOU, R46!

by Anonymousreply 5001/15/2012

I thought she was alright. It was a pretty long interview and it's not easy to be 'on' for a half hour (give or take - until the two actors from her film came out).

She had her moments where she was funny and charming. I wouldn't call it a total miss.

by Anonymousreply 5101/15/2012

I thought Lourdes essentially grew up in England. She doesn't have an accent.

by Anonymousreply 5201/15/2012

Her cheeks were obviously plumped with excitement!

by Anonymousreply 5301/15/2012

She's a university drop-out from Michigan. You can't get more common than THAT.

by Anonymousreply 5401/15/2012

I pretty much don't like Madonna but I don't get the scathing, seething hatred of her here on datalounge. Life's too short.

by Anonymousreply 5501/15/2012

I think the comments here are exaggeratedly harsh. You never know what kind of a day a person is having. She did seem terribly reserved and restrained, but she was kind of charming at times. Maybe she's just tired. She should take 10 years off to just be a mom. That's hard enough.

by Anonymousreply 5601/15/2012

R46 is the reason why DL needs the eldergays.

by Anonymousreply 5701/15/2012

What r40 said.

I've concluded that some superstars are interesting to me only when they're performing.

Streisand, Madonna, Sophia Loren, Russell Crowe all can mezmorize me when I'm watching them perform, however, they have just the opposite effect when I see them "being themselves."

My #1 example of this was Streisand to Winfrey going on about how her outdoor landscapes must match her interior decorations.

My eyes glazed over, I hung in for a few more seconds, then shut it off to stimulate myself by watching paint dry

by Anonymousreply 5801/15/2012

I know several people that have worked with Madonna. Three that were on the AD staff of that movie she and Rupert Everett did together and one that did a tour with her. The girl that did her tour said that Madge would literally shove people out of her way while walking and that she was a rude vile person. The three that worked on the movie said she was a cunt and one of them got into vicious verbal battles with Rupert which somehow made him more inclined to tolerate her than some of the other people on set.

I have read so many on this site defend her and praise her but really if your thing is to love the kind of people that would enjoy treating you like dirt then I guess I understand.

by Anonymousreply 5901/15/2012

The dolls were great and she was a rude cunt to the Italians.

by Anonymousreply 6001/15/2012

If she truly answers the door in her PJs, because her staff didn't run to the door fast enough, I bet heads roll. I wouldn't be surprised if her staff plot against her.

by Anonymousreply 6101/15/2012

I can understand people debating her talent, but there's no denying the woman is an absolute asshole as a person. There are way too many stories of people dealing with her for it all to be lies.

by Anonymousreply 6201/15/2012

Did her acidic cunt juices burn through his couch?

by Anonymousreply 6301/15/2012

[quote] I'm always amazed how little charisma, presence and charm she has in interviews.

Agreed.

by Anonymousreply 6401/15/2012

I just wish she'd learn how to sit properly.

by Anonymousreply 6501/15/2012

r59, I seriously doubt that most of the people who are Madonna fans need to be told of her rude behavior and lack of manners. Most of her fans judge her by her work/artistic accomplishments - the fascinating career, the music, the videos, the tours. Most of her fans are fully aware she is a bitch/cunt. I don't think her critics/detractors/haters on this site get that. Personally, I know I wouldn't want to be in the same room with her if she weren't performing.

It amazes me that people judge celebrities like they would people they would want to spend time with on a personal/private basis. To be a celebrity - you have to be wholly narcissistic and plenty of superficial and self-absorbed. There are many celebrities who can reign that in and pretend to be something other than just for themselves. You think spending a day with, say, Janet Jackson would be fun? I'd rather listen to her music and know that she is working hard for my attention - and money.

by Anonymousreply 6601/15/2012

r65 = soccermom frau who finds diaper commercials cute and hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 6701/15/2012

R67 is a Madonnafan who jacks off to the butt-cheeks in a diaper commerical.

by Anonymousreply 6801/15/2012

Madonna is a mean and evil bitch who's more famous for wearing/saying provocative things than she is for doing anything that displays real talent. I give her props as a performer and professional user (of other people), but defending her would be a wasted effort.

by Anonymousreply 6901/15/2012

Didn't the same guys Make a doll for Lady Gaga and give it to her on the show last year? She was super nice to them and they even gave her the doll with the meat dress.

by Anonymousreply 7001/15/2012

r69 = Chris Ciccone. How have you been doing, Chris?

by Anonymousreply 7101/15/2012

[quote]Didn't the same guys Make a doll for Lady Gaga and give it to her on the show last year? She was super nice to them and they even gave her the doll with the meat dress.

I didn't see that episode but it wouldn't surprise me. Even though I'm not really a Gaga fan, she seems sincere and seems to really be grateful for her fans. The old bitch Vadge though is so delusional that she thinks she's God and that she can treat people like shit. Old bitch really does live on another planet.

by Anonymousreply 7201/15/2012

R71= Madonna's latest 16 year old "boyfriend" who really 'understands her'.

by Anonymousreply 7301/15/2012

I'll bet her dried up old snatch looks like a used Brillo pad and smells like a dead mullet. I'll be glad when she dies so all of us young gays can go pee on her grave.

by Anonymousreply 7401/15/2012

I'd love to shit on this cunt's grave!

by Anonymousreply 7501/15/2012

Didn't the same guys Make a doll for Lady Gaga and give it to her on the show last year? She was super nice to them and they even gave her the doll with the meat dress.

^^^^^ So that's why they looked familiar. And yes, Gaga was very gracious, unlike cunt Madge, when presented with their Barbies.

by Anonymousreply 7601/16/2012

"You think spending a day with, say, Janet Jackson would be fun?" R66

I bet it'd be a blast!

by Anonymousreply 7701/16/2012

[quote]Didn't the same guys Make a doll for Lady Gaga and give it to her on the show last year? She was super nice to them and they even gave her the doll with the meat dress.

Yes. Beyond gracious. Madonna could have at least ACTED like she liked them. She got so much shit for her flowers incident. I seriously believe she's really ticked about the state of her career. She's just an angry cunt. She wasn't like this in public a few years ago. Something flew up her ass in the last year. Maybe it's Lady Gaga taking over. Maybe it's the bad reviews of her piece of shit film. Maybe it's her age. I don't know. She has upped the cunt and is acting like she did 20 years ago. What happened to all her Kabbalah teachings? God, her four kids must hate being around her.

by Anonymousreply 7801/16/2012

She was fine, she used to be a lot funnier. Her cheek implants are way too big. She can't even smile without looking like a freak.

by Anonymousreply 7901/16/2012

[quote] I don't need to see this vile gash.

That's an insult to vile gashes, [R1].

by Anonymousreply 8001/16/2012

mother fucking cunt of a woman

by Anonymousreply 8101/16/2012

I really think she resents her fans for keeping her only as a Pop Star and nothing else.

by Anonymousreply 8201/18/2012

She really is a cunt, isn't she?

by Anonymousreply 8301/18/2012

What about the guy from Romania? How mean was that? They invite him on the show to read a letter he wrote when he was a child, he admits he is nervous and they cut him off and PUSH him over? Isn't that technically physical assault? I won't ever buy anything Madonna again. So disappointed.

by Anonymousreply 8411/20/2012

Graham Norton is a cunt too. Apparently he thinks it's funny to be mean and insult people directly. Vadge would fit right in with this phony queen. 2 disgusting bitches. It amazes me how over and over again, naive Vadge stans think she's some nice dignified lady when that couldn't be further from the truth. Why is she such a bitch? What on earth does she have to complain about?

by Anonymousreply 8511/20/2012

Why doesn't she like her fans? Without their support she would still be a wannabe in a slum of NYC, or she would have moved back to Michigan, or she would have had to marry some rich guy. There is NO defense of such behavior. Anyone who defends it must have low self-esteem.

by Anonymousreply 8611/20/2012

Bump.

by Anonymousreply 8709/23/2014
Need more help? Click Here.