Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Anyone watching Soledad O' Brien's new CNN morning show?

Why in the hell do they have her broadcasting from various restaurants, and diners?

It's annoying trying to hear the guests talk with glass clinking in the background.

by Anonymousreply 3507/18/2013

I don't think she has a new show, per say, just a way to cover the primaries. I guess she is trying to go for a communal feel to it. Personally, I don't care much for her. There is something about her that doesn't click for me... maybe is how she conviniently changes from black to hispanic depending on what program she is doing.

by Anonymousreply 101/13/2012

I miss Carol Costello.

by Anonymousreply 201/13/2012

I love Carol Costello!! Is she still working for CNN. She's the best at CNN.

by Anonymousreply 301/13/2012

Isn't Carol Costello in the early morning show... around 7am? I remember seeing her there. She also does the Talk Back section with Suzanne Malveaux. Carol was on this morning. I like her too.

by Anonymousreply 401/13/2012

I agree with R1, R2 and R3 (that's rare). Carol still makes appearances. I find the restaurant thing annoying. I've only seen Soledad a couple of times on this show, and that was because I was watching political coverage. I normally watch CNN International.

by Anonymousreply 501/13/2012

Soledad is good in on location reporting, but she really doesnt have enough personality to carry her own morning show.

Id love to see Suzanne Malveaux or Don Lemon on in the morning time.

by Anonymousreply 601/13/2012

R4, Carol is gone. Ashleigh Banfield and some other chick are in her spot.

by Anonymousreply 701/13/2012

Carol Costello is CNN's best. But she's always the bridesmaid, never the bride when desk anchoring duties are decided at CNN.

Being the night owl that I am, I used to love watching Carol on CNN's overnight newscast a few years ago. She was on for a few hours into the wee hours of the morning. Love her style, professinalism, brightness and humor.

by Anonymousreply 801/13/2012

R7. If R4 said that Carol Costello was on the air this morning, how could she be gone from the network?

by Anonymousreply 901/13/2012

Carol is still with CNN. From the CNN website:

Carol Costello is a contributor to American Morning. Based in Washington, D.C., Costello previously contributed to The Situation Room and anchored CNN Daybreak, the network's former early morning news program.

by Anonymousreply 1001/13/2012

They should have Jack Cafferty and Carol Costello as the morning anchors.

THAT I would actually watch.

by Anonymousreply 1101/13/2012

I miss the days of Burt Wolf and Elsa Klensch.

CNN is such shit now.

by Anonymousreply 1201/13/2012

Ashley Banfield sure does get around. Has she worked for every major network news organization now?

by Anonymousreply 1301/13/2012

I don't get what the appeal of Ashley Banfield is.

by Anonymousreply 1401/13/2012

Must be the "sexy librarian" thing

by Anonymousreply 1501/13/2012

Jack Cafferty is a pompous uneducated windbag.

His job there is superfluous.

by Anonymousreply 1601/13/2012

Sexy TRANNY librarian, maybe.

Her jaw is way too wide to be anything else.

by Anonymousreply 1701/13/2012

[quote]Carol is still with CNN. From the CNN website:

Carol Costello is a contributor to American Morning. Based in Washington, D.C., Costello previously contributed to The Situation Room and anchored CNN Daybreak, the network's former early morning news program.

American Morning is OVER! Carol is Fired!

Also from the CNN website:

Goodbye American Morning, Hello Early Start and Starting Point

by Anonymousreply 1801/13/2012

[quote]American Morning is OVER! Carol is Fired!

Well then, why was she on the air this morning?

by Anonymousreply 2001/13/2012

Sorry, my bad. Carol not fired.

[quote]@CarolCNNCarol Costello

@juicytings I am still at CNN--working on a special project. Thank you!

4 Jan via Twitter for BlackBerry®

by Anonymousreply 2101/13/2012

The diner location made sense when the show was coming from Iowa for the caucus & then from NH for the primary. But now they're back in NYC & still broadcasting from a coffeeshop. Can't CNN afford a studio for this show?

by Anonymousreply 2201/13/2012

I enjoy Soledad on investigative reporting stuff but the new morning show is a yawn. I'm channel surfing to find something. I liked the combo of Carol, Ali and Christine. They seemed "real"...not common these days.

by Anonymousreply 2301/14/2012

Solead's persona is too cunty and whiny to be an anchor.

Carol Costello manages to convey skepticism and exasperation with certain news items without being whiny or cunty. THAT'S a neat trick.

by Anonymousreply 2401/14/2012

[quote] Anyone watching Soledad O' Brien's new CNN morning show?

Frankly, I can't stand the bitch.

by Anonymousreply 2501/14/2012

As huge as my crush for Suzanne Malveaux is (I watch her almost every day), she doesn't have the personality to do the morning shows. I thought Carol was doing the morning shows since I have seen her there a couple of times. Maybe she was just covering for someone. I like her wit and sense of humor, and sometimes Suzanne doesn't know what to do with her since Suzanne tries to be more serious and imparcial.

by Anonymousreply 2601/14/2012

What is the right personality for morning as opposed to afternoon shows?

by Anonymousreply 2703/03/2012

They should put Don Lemon on in the morning

by Anonymousreply 2803/03/2012

I'd love to see Brianna Keilar anchor.

by Anonymousreply 2903/03/2012

Shes excellent r29

by Anonymousreply 3003/03/2012

I miss Bobbie Battista.

by Anonymousreply 3103/03/2012

Picture of Brianna

by Anonymousreply 3203/03/2012

Soledad O'Brien is a complete hyperactive bitch! CNN needs to get rid of her. She can never just act like a normal person. She is all worked up in a frenzy all the time, interrupts constantly, has to be right all the time, then tries to cover it up and pretend to be sweet.

She seems like she was the "Debate Queen" in high school and she has a HUGE chip on her shoulder.

Get rid of her!!!

by Anonymousreply 3312/06/2012

Well said, R33. She's also hung up on her many ethnic roots and brings them up far too much.

by Anonymousreply 3412/06/2012

She is great, and I wish her well in all her future plans....Bishop Isiah L Nottage

by Anonymousreply 3507/18/2013
Need more help? Click Here.