Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Anyone Not Like Coffee

I cannot drink that crap. I don't even like alcohol. You won't see my drinking beer or wine. I thought as I got older I'd develop a taste for it, but still nothing.

by Anonymousreply 8901/31/2012

Me too OP! I thought I was the only one who hated the taste of coffee and alcohol.

by Anonymousreply 101/13/2012

Are you a Mormon, OP?

by Anonymousreply 201/13/2012

Me too OP and R1. I cannot stand the taste of coffee or alcohol. Glad to know I'm not the only one.

by Anonymousreply 301/13/2012

Even coffe enemas, all java-haters?

by Anonymousreply 401/13/2012

Never liked the taste of coffee but love the smell. Just doesn't do it for me. If I want a hot drink, I drink hot tea.

As for alcohol, it doesn't do much for me either. Although on the rare occassion I do drink, it's either a draft beer or a rum and coke.

by Anonymousreply 501/13/2012

OP, you sound boring. Seriously. Coffee and alcohol (in moderation) are some of the great joys of life. What the hell DO you like to drink, then?

by Anonymousreply 601/13/2012

Exactly how old are you OP? Be honest.

by Anonymousreply 701/13/2012

Whenever I go to Starbucks with a group of friends I just order a hot chocolate.

by Anonymousreply 801/13/2012

I'm with r6.

by Anonymousreply 901/13/2012

Me, too OP. Word for word.

I wish I would like both of it, but I just can't. The last time I tried coffee I threw up and the last time I drank more than one glass of wine I was dizzy the whole day.

It's not my fault my body is rejecting it, it's not a choice I've made R6 and R8. It's the same with olives, I just don't like it.

by Anonymousreply 1001/13/2012

All alcohol tastes bitter to me. And I've tried just about everything that's considered "sweet."

by Anonymousreply 1101/13/2012

Fascinating post.

by Anonymousreply 1201/13/2012

Well whoop-de-do.

by Anonymousreply 1301/13/2012

Considering the comments on this thread getting a hot chocolate or trying all the drinks that are supposed be to sweet...your biggest problem seems your tastebuds are addicted to flavors that are unhealthy or unnaturally sweet.

Outside of liking coffee and alcohol, how do you deal with other complex flavor profiles that aren't so blandly pleasurable?

by Anonymousreply 1401/13/2012

I am the child of European immigrants and we drank coffee from a very young age. It was considered "godd for you." I stopped drinking coffee at least ten years ago and now I drink green tea and herbal teas. But every once in a rare while I will have a coffee and I really don't see what all the hype and fuss is about. Starbuck's coffee is awful, IMO. I did enjoy Caribou.

by Anonymousreply 1501/13/2012

Love the smell and hate the taste. Never drink it or anything eat/drink anything 'coffee' flavored. Ew.

by Anonymousreply 1601/13/2012

Who fucking cares, OP?

by Anonymousreply 1701/13/2012

OP, I want you drinking coffee and alcohol by 9am OR ELSE!

by Anonymousreply 1801/13/2012

Love the smell and the taste. Goes well with cigarettes. Yikes! Did I say that? Must be the alcohol talking.

by Anonymousreply 1901/13/2012

I've never tried even tried coffee. It has never appealed to me. My drink of choice is (unsweetened) iced tea. I drink so much my organs are probably swimming in it.

by Anonymousreply 2001/13/2012

I don't like hot drinks.

by Anonymousreply 2101/13/2012

I'm with R20. I had a sip of coffee once and hated it. I don't like coffee-flavored anything. I drink ridiculous amounts of green and herbal teas.

I used to be a Diet Pepsi addict, but I haven't had any for five years.

by Anonymousreply 2201/13/2012

It took me until my thirties to gain an appreciation for coffee. Now I drink it by the pot. Still, after all these years, can't abide wine. Go figure.

by Anonymousreply 2301/13/2012

I went a number of years without drinking caffeine and it made no difference to my life. If I drink too much it interferes with my sleep cycle and makes my stomach hurt, and cheap coffee and tea and diet pop makes me feel sick if I drink it regularly. But a cup or two of really good coffee or tea just feels like a nice mild stimulant.

As far as the taste, I've just come to associate it with the feeling it gives me, same as booze. I remember taking my first sips of whiskey--it was Crown Royal and my boyfriend had poured it for me as though he was giving me a special treat--and thinking how astounding it was that people actually drink that crap.

by Anonymousreply 2401/13/2012

I started drinking coffee regularly in high school. When I was a kid my dad would make us "coffee" occasionally, which was milk and sugar with a splash of coffee. I always loved the smell.

In high school I still added quite a bit of milk and sugar but as I've grown older I stopped putting sugar in it (too sweet) and only add a splash of half and half. I like really strong coffee too.

Tea is bland as shit and I only drink it iced with just lemon.

by Anonymousreply 2501/13/2012

I also love the smell of ground coffee in a bag or can. But, I don't drink it. I have never ordered or gotten any. I maybe drink a cup of it black twice a year when at someones home and pours it without asking and it would be rude to decline.

I also do not drink tea as it just tastes like hot water no matter how long it steeps.

The thing I do drink is hot Tang with two squeezed lemons when sick.

by Anonymousreply 2601/13/2012

Interesting so many here dislike coffee [bold]and[/bold] alcohol. Does anyone know what that connection may be?

by Anonymousreply 2701/13/2012

It is R27. Most people I know who don't drink coffee are teetotalers too.

See the link below for a list of known teetotalers. Some are surprising, some not. Tom Cruise, of course, is one (too much of a control freak to ever relax) so big eye roll there. The really surprising one is Prince Andrew, who looks like he has alcohol bloat. I'm betting he quit drinking later in life. Anyone know if he tippled a little too much in his youth?

by Anonymousreply 2801/13/2012

A very ambitious friend of mine used to drink one cup of coffee after another all day long when he was in his 20s. The excess caffeine kept him wired enough that he was able to go without many nights of sleep during that period and devote the added time to his work. He is now very successful and a millionaire many times over.

by Anonymousreply 2901/13/2012

[quote] Interesting so many here dislike coffee and alcohol. Does anyone know what that connection may be?

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints

by Anonymousreply 3001/13/2012

I never learned to drink coffee either although I love the smell. The nearest I come is a mocha frappuccino at Starbucks. It was described to me as the coffee drink for people who don't like coffee.

I feel that not drinking coffee is a social handicap though. I don't drink much either. Everyone tells me it took a while for them to learn to like beer and my feeling is, why bother? A glass of red wine now and then, that's it.

by Anonymousreply 3101/13/2012

How can anyone not love coffee's deep-brewed FLAVAH!

by Anonymousreply 3201/13/2012

I'll tell ya a secret. Sometimes caffeine makes me tense. And tension can show on your face!

by Anonymousreply 3301/13/2012

I'm another one, OP, that likes the smell but not the taste, and rarely drinks coffee.

And I don't like alcohol much, either.

But they are both an acquired taste, and I taught myself to enjoy them as a teenager and in my 20s.

Then during a period of detoxing and stripping the unnecessary out of my life, I stopped drinking both and don't miss them at all.

However, if I'm at dinner at someone's house and they serve coffee after the meal, I'll drink a cup. And the only time I drink alcohol is if I'll be the only one not drinking, and then I just have something very small and special, like some Gosling's black rum, which is delicious to sip neat or with ginger ale.

by Anonymousreply 3401/13/2012

I used to hate it. Then wound up drinking it during university to help stay awake. Was hooked for a few years, then gave it up a couple of years ago due to insomnia. Don't miss it.

by Anonymousreply 3501/13/2012

49% of Mormons believe drinking coffee or soda is "morally wrong." But most of them do it anyway.

I did coffee for a couple years, got hooked, then got off it. Then this year I started again because coffee cuts that morning hunger like nothing else.

by Anonymousreply 3601/13/2012

Why is it morally wrong? It's a fucking beverage.

They sure have some deeply weird beliefs.

by Anonymousreply 3701/13/2012

You all sound like prissy babies

by Anonymousreply 3801/13/2012

Not just a Mormon thing. I'm not Mormon and I've never drank either coffee or alcohol. I'm also an herbal tea and iced tea person. But my most favorite drink ever is regular ice water. I guess that makes me the most boring here.

by Anonymousreply 3901/13/2012

Don't dring coffee, tastes like crap.

Love black tea with milk.

Don't care for alcohol, drink only read wine from time to time.

by Anonymousreply 4001/13/2012

Not the most boring here, R39. I often drink hot water as a morning beverage, and I love it.

Definitely TMI here, but it acts as a lubricant and requires a relatively quick trip to the washroom, and it makes me feel incredibly clean inside.

by Anonymousreply 4101/13/2012

Tea with milk....vomit in a cup. Give me my coffee and yes, wine with dinner.

by Anonymousreply 4201/13/2012

I don't like coffee and have to put a lot of creamers and whatnot in it to make it palatable. I drink it because I need the lift it gives, but I don't enjoy it. I love coffee ice cream though.

by Anonymousreply 4301/13/2012

I dont like the taste of alcohol, and almost never drink it. Coffee only tastes ok when you add lots of sugar and cream, which is unhealthy. So, I rarely drink coffee. I love green tea.

by Anonymousreply 4401/13/2012

I HATE coffee but I drink a cup when I wake up just to give me some energy. But I can't stand the taste or the aftertaste it leaves on my tongue. I'm amazed at how some people pay $6 or so for a cup of this shit at places like Starbucks.

by Anonymousreply 4501/13/2012

I used to love coffee, but I weened myself off and now I try to avoid it.

It makes me anxious and tense, even just one strong cup. It was only once I stopped drinking it I realized just how much it affected my mood (for the worse). Starbucks coffee is the worst for this.

Plus regular coffee drinking does stain your teeth, no way around it.

by Anonymousreply 4601/13/2012

What a bunch of prissy little girls we have here!

NEXT THREAD:

Me and my horrible Peanut allergies!!!!

by Anonymousreply 4701/13/2012

Thank you R47. I didn't know we had so many 12 year old girls here.

by Anonymousreply 4801/13/2012

what is prissy about nothing like a food or drink?

by Anonymousreply 4901/13/2012

Nothing like what?

by Anonymousreply 5001/13/2012

mormons are boring.

by Anonymousreply 5101/13/2012

I find it interesting as well R27

I hate coffee and coffee flavoring (found in ice cream/candy etc.)... AND dislike the taste of alcohol. Despite attempts with different style beverages (fruity drinks) - never able to acquire the taste for it. Have never been drunk because I am unable to force myself to consume enough to get there.

- atheist so its not due to religious reasons - indifferent to soda and very rarely drink it - prefer water and natural juices not into artificial juices like kool-aide etc - dislike teas as well - love the smell of bars because my family owns one and probably has more to do with fond memories - dislike the smell of coffee - never consume caffeine but manage to work 80+ hours a week for the last 10 years ... go figure

by Anonymousreply 5201/13/2012

OP, I'm semi with ya. Before when younger I hated the taste of coffee, even with sugar.

But I acquired a taste for it later on in adulthood, liking vanilla lattes and what not. I can even drink black coffee sans sugar now.

It's kinda like cranberry juice innit, that's quite bitter and sour to taste. I still can't stand the smell of coffee though. Yuck.

by Anonymousreply 5301/13/2012

As for alcohol, well yeah I'm with you there too. I also had problems with that when younger, hating stuff like wine but now I love it, though I'm a spirits person and still hate beer.

I don't think this is unusual at all, these things have strong, inaccessible tastes and aren't sweet. It's like smoking, most people hate that at first.

by Anonymousreply 5401/13/2012

Tea is much better for you than coffee, ask the Japanese why they live so long.

[quote]I also do not drink tea as it just tastes like hot water no matter how long it steeps

If you steep two or three black tea bags at one time in a cup, it will most definitely NOT be bland. And it will also give you a huge rush of energy like coffee, without the side effects. Thats the kind of tea most people put milk in, until they get accustomed to the strong taste.

by Anonymousreply 5501/13/2012

Good. More for me.

by Anonymousreply 5601/13/2012

I can't help but think people who say the "hate" a whole category of food or beverage just haven't had it well prepared for them or had the right experience with pairing it (like wine and cheese for ex.) with something else to bring out the good stuff about it.

I love coffee too much. I'm quite sensitive to it and can't have more than a double-shot and/or an 8oz cup per day. That eventually builds up in my system and gets to be too much. I didn't start drinking it until my late 20s and I'm not a real expert on it. I couldn't tell someone how to differentiate between Brazilian and Kenyan, or whatever but I know the specific kinds I do like (Pitalito, kona, peaberry) and the specific kinds I really don't (Ethipian Harrar or any of that variation).

People who say things like "tea is bland" clearly haven't had any real tea prepared the right way. No, that Lipton crap doesn't count. If you're knowledge and experience of tea is limited to "orange pekoe" than you've not had good tea. There is not just one "flavor" of tea there are millions of varieties. There are layers and layers of flavor and complexity to a good cup of good tea prepared correctly.

I don't get why people want to shut down a whole potential experience based on a couple bad tries at something.

by Anonymousreply 5701/13/2012

R57 - my father owns a bar, and I have certainly tried a variety of different alcohol drinks. Some are more tolerable then otherd, but I find that after drinking a fruity drink I think "this would taste so much better without the booze.

As for coffee, there is a french vanilla with added sugar combo that makes it tolerable ... but if I am added hundreds of empty calories to the drink to hide the coffee taste - it's safe to say I don't enjoy coffee

by Anonymousreply 5801/13/2012

Love my cup in the morning and I don't want to be messed with until I've had it.

by Anonymousreply 5901/13/2012

I used to hate the taste of coffee then I started drinking mochas which are espresso mixed with chocolate and I'd have them hot or iced.

Then when I was in my early 20s and in college I'd have morning classes and hangovers and drinking strong black tea wasn't working so I'd drink coffee instead.

by Anonymousreply 6001/13/2012

Thanks R47. DL can be full of a bunch of queens that are total pussies.

"OMG OMG I don't like the taste of coffee OR booze!"

by Anonymousreply 6101/13/2012

I'm the opposite of the OP. When I was younger, I hated cofee and booze, but I grew into liking both.

by Anonymousreply 6201/13/2012

I hate coffee and booze. You can't force yourself to like something. It's not going to happen.

by Anonymousreply 6301/13/2012

I'm 70 years old and I still don't like coffee and not a fan of booze either. Both are bitter tasting to me. I've had expresso in Paris which I thought was OK but it wasn't good enough for me want another demi. I stick to tea for the rest of my remaining life. Just few more boxes of tea should do the trick.

by Anonymousreply 6401/13/2012

This reminds me of a funny number from "How To Succeed In Business Without Really Trying" where the office doesn't have coffee ready...the horror! The office staff are having a fit; no coffee! Unthinkable!

I don't like coffee. Very rarely I feel like having a cup, but only if it's flavored with cream and sugar. A lot of people love it black. I lot of people can't seem to do without coffee, and love the taste of it. I always found the taste of coffee bitter-tasting. I never liked it!

I don't like the taste of alcohol either. A mixed drink I can handle now and then, but to consume alcohol on a regular basis? Not for me. I just don't care for it.

by Anonymousreply 6601/13/2012

Love coffee with milk, but have given it up because of the acidity; switched to tea which I enjoy without milk and save those calories. Less caffeine that way also.

I like drinking well enough but don't love it and shy away from it these days as I am watching my sugar for health reasons and I no longer get the nice buzz I used to from it anyway.

by Anonymousreply 6701/13/2012

I love coffee. LOVE it. Buy it in bulk.

by Anonymousreply 6801/13/2012

[italic]Considering the comments on this thread getting a hot chocolate or trying all the drinks that are supposed be to sweet...your biggest problem seems your tastebuds are addicted to flavors that are unhealthy or unnaturally sweet. [/italic]

Oh, and coffee and alcohol are healthy for you.

by Anonymousreply 6901/13/2012

I should add that I don't like hot tea either.

by Anonymousreply 7001/13/2012

I don't like the taste of coffee. I also think people can become addicted to coffee, so I had no desire to become similarly addicted. I notice heavy coffee drinkers are like zombies before they have their first cup.

by Anonymousreply 7101/13/2012

For those queens who don't like coffee but claim that "Coffee stains your teeth!" but suggest to drink tea, you should know that tea while it's good for you just like coffee stains your teeth more than coffee does.

by Anonymousreply 7201/14/2012

Jesus, what a bunch of lame prisspot weirdos.

Who the fuck doesn't like coffee?!?!? Jesus christ.

by Anonymousreply 7301/14/2012

I don't like coffee or booze, either. I'll have the occasional cup of coffee with a nice dessert, and I'll get a beer when I go out with friends just to avoid the discussion (not drinking makes drinkers uncomfortable, I've found) but I don't like the taste and I also don't like the physical sensation of being drunk.

I consume more marijuana than a human being really should, so it's not that I'm opposed to intoxicants at all. I've just found what works for me. I get why not everyone likes pot - what's so weird about some people not being into booze?

by Anonymousreply 7401/14/2012

If you don't like coffee try different types of flavored coffees as there are tons of them, or drink mocha which is just a single shot of espresso with steamed chocolate milk.

by Anonymousreply 7501/24/2012

r73 is right

by Anonymousreply 7601/25/2012

I drink way too much soda, don't care for coffee or booze. Coffee makes my stomach cramp up and go the bathroom. I know, TMI.

by Anonymousreply 7701/25/2012

I'm Irish American and my mother gave me tea in my baby bottle when I was a toddler. We drink tea with milk.

My partner and I don't drink coffee. He's been going on and on about how he tasted hot chocolate from a single cup coffee maker and really liked it. I just ordered one and now I find there are only 2 kinds of hot chocolate that are made for it --- dark chocolate and milk chocolate.

Wtf? You can buy 20 different instant hot cocoa flavord raspberry, mint, white, etc) and they only make 2 kinds for a coffee maker that costs over $100? That's bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 7801/29/2012

I enjoy greatly a nicely brewed cup @ Dunkin' Donuts.

But if I get a bad brew there, it's a big let down.

Tea is hard to fuck up.

by Anonymousreply 7901/29/2012

It's "weaned".

by Anonymousreply 8001/29/2012

Non coffee drinkers = children

Adults drink it black, btw. Not flavored or sweetened or creamed.

by Anonymousreply 8101/29/2012

As far as alcohol I love beers, ales, stouts things like that. Also dig a good wine though I tend to like sweeter wines better than dry.

Vodka mixed with just about anything is good. And rum, that's my downfall. I love the flavor but the hangovers I get from it are killer.

As to coffee, it's not that I don't like it, I do. I just can't drink it. The caffeine has a strong effect on me.

by Anonymousreply 8201/29/2012

I love how self absorbed people just flock to threads like this. They LOVE talking about how they like things in a "particular" way or how they don't like things every normal person does. This thread is infested with BABY TASTES.

by Anonymousreply 8301/29/2012

Well, I like my Hong Kong milk tea black, and a whole damn pot of it every morning. It's like jet fuel. I drank so much iced tea as a kid (as well as hot tea) that I probably stunted my growth. I'd drink it all day long but when I hit my mid 30s I stopped being able to sleep if I drink caffeine after 2 pm.

I drink booze, but I don't care for beer or wine. I love gin-based cocktails, some bourbons, and Fernet Branca. We rarely have them, and I'm usually the designated driver for the wine drinkers.

You can fuck yourself with your constant "baby tastes" comments, r83. get a new shtick. People who don't like coffee or booze aren't threatening your lifestyle in any way. It's a ridiculous reason to put people down.

by Anonymousreply 8401/30/2012

I don't drink alcohol or coffee. Never have. I'm 29 so if I haven't by now, I guess I never will.

by Anonymousreply 8501/30/2012

I hate coffee, but I do drink alcohol (love good wine and whiskey, not crazy about beer). I never drank alcohol until I was in my thirties, though - was freaked out because I have so many alcoholic relatives. I drink in moderation now and have no problem with it, but I like it fine. Coffee is another matter, I just can't stand it. I don't have a sweet tooth at all so it's not that. I like a lot of bitter tasting foods and I don't have baby tastes. I'm pretty adventurous when it comes to eating.

I also hate coke (any kind of cola drink), which people seem to find weird.

by Anonymousreply 8601/30/2012

how many of you are mormons?

by Anonymousreply 8701/30/2012

R36 I'm pretty sure the Mormon issue is with caffeine, not all soda (Donny Osmond even mentioned this once).

I like some flavored coffees and there are alcoholic beverages I like - certain beers/wines/liquors/mixes - but by and large my caffeine comes from sodas without HFCS (and NOT diet sodas).

Coffee and dark wines are loaded with tannins, which some people are sensitive to. Those who claim stomach/GI issues are probably reacting to the tannins.

One time I had to drive through the night about 8 hours after a long day - tried doing it on strong coffee and NoDoz and felt exhausted and like absolute shit by the time I was done. That sealed regular coffee's fate with me.

by Anonymousreply 8801/30/2012

coffee makes me pee pee

by Anonymousreply 8901/31/2012
Need more help? Click Here.