Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Tabatha Takes Over marathon alert!

Stuck home today, waiting for a repairman to come fix my hot water heater. And just discovered that Bravo has programmed a full day of 'Tabatha Takes Over'. Thank you, Bravo!

The Chicago Male episode is on now.

by Anonymousreply 7905/05/2013

Gay deer in headlights!

by Anonymousreply 101/10/2012

Oi'm Tibitha, and Oi'm teeking övah!

by Anonymousreply 201/10/2012

I desperately want a Tabatha to come knock around some of these cunts where I work. I'm encouraged to know that she'll be branching out from salons.

by Anonymousreply 301/10/2012

Season four! Good for her!

by Anonymousreply 401/10/2012

Besides Top Chef...the last watchable show on Bravo.

by Anonymousreply 501/10/2012

You want a new fridge? "FUCK YOU!" There's your new fridge.

by Anonymousreply 601/10/2012

"Here's your smoke break: FUCK OFF!"

by Anonymousreply 701/10/2012

Anybody been to P-town recently to see how Dougie is doing?

by Anonymousreply 801/10/2012

She wrote a book called "It's Not Really About the Hair" which I shall soon purchase for my kindle.

by Anonymousreply 901/10/2012

r9, what the truck is a kindle? Is that the alien technology shit?

by Anonymousreply 1001/10/2012

To clarify, the marathon is her old show "Tabitha's Salon Makeover."

Her new Bravo series, "Tabltha Takes Over," hasn't premiered yet. It'll be kind of like her old show, but not limited to just hair salons.

by Anonymousreply 1101/10/2012

r11 Tabithas sheila from Aus!

by Anonymousreply 1201/10/2012

She apparently makes over Ripples Bar and Club in Long Beach...That should be fun.

by Anonymousreply 1301/10/2012

I am hoping for an Saturday Night Live skit where the state of the country and it's economy is narrated and the camera pans out to Tabatha holding her hand out to Obama and saying "I've seen enough, I'm taking over." It would be awesome!

by Anonymousreply 1401/10/2012

Love. This. Bitch!

by Anonymousreply 1501/10/2012

D14 - How fucking cool would THAT be?! You should submit that idea to SNL - for real!

by Anonymousreply 1601/10/2012

Tabitha will never be president.

Too bad.

by Anonymousreply 1701/10/2012

Great idea, R14. Imagine Tabatha taking John Boehner and Eric Cantor aside, to talk about their attitude? Then asking Boehner why he's crying.

by Anonymousreply 1801/10/2012

Love her! I love the p-town episode just for the hunky massage therapist!

by Anonymousreply 1901/10/2012

The Provincetown episode is coming up next, at the top of the hour. I'm feeling pasty and could use a little spray-on tan.

by Anonymousreply 2001/10/2012

That Dougie guy is a horror show. Could be possibly be more mentally ill?

by Anonymousreply 2101/10/2012

A Tabatha SNL skit would be brilliant -- too bad most TV viewers wouldn't have a clue who she is.

by Anonymousreply 2201/10/2012

Dougie at the West End Salon in PTown didn't heed any of her advice. Or, rather, did for a short time, but then reverted back to his old ways

It's a very odd place and he hires the weirdest people to work there...not to mention his freak of a boyfriend who terrifies everyone with his Rascal

by Anonymousreply 2301/10/2012

Dougie looks like Chaz Bono.

by Anonymousreply 2401/10/2012

Why doesn't Tabatha get a hairstyle that distracts from that awful face of hers?

by Anonymousreply 2501/10/2012

Interview with Tabatha from The Advocate, about being a caretaker for her dying mother, expanding the focus of her show, and how people hate to give up control.

[quote]I'm always surprised by the resistance to change. I think change is really hard for all of us and I think it's something that we resist. I guess I'm always surprised by the resistance because obviously things aren't working; by the time you call me in, it's not working, and to some people I am their last hope because they don't know what else to do and they need that fresh set of eyes. So the resistance is always so surprising, because if someone can show you a better way to do things or a different way of doing things, and that's going to have benefits and positive changes, why wouldn't you do it?

by Anonymousreply 2601/10/2012

The Dougie show was upsetting. He's a complete train wreck. It isn't just the fact that he couldn't stop acting like a complete buffoon. It's that his employees told him that their livelihoods were being impacted by it, and he didn't give a crap. Not to mention his favoritism to the blond twink, which was incredibly creepy. He has to be mentally ill. No sane person would risk his business just to put on a pathetic gay minstrel show. Not to mention the impact on the lives of his employees. He came across as a pathetic weirdo. And what was up with Jimmy???

by Anonymousreply 2701/10/2012

Oh I love Tabitha! I wish I had cable but unfortunately I am poor and underemployed.

by Anonymousreply 2801/10/2012

Please, Tabitha: Take over the US Congress! Kick the Tan Man's butt and grab Mitch McConnell by the tie and drag him across the floor screaming bloody murder at him.

by Anonymousreply 2901/10/2012

I never did see the P-Town show, but I do know Dougie (albeit, not terribly well) and he's a sweetheart. He doesn't even remotely come across as a "trainwreck" -he's just a kind, sweet, generous person.

I'm inclined to believe that producers of reality tv shows almost demand that the people on them "act up" for dramatic purposes. Otherwise, why would anyone watch reality tv?

by Anonymousreply 3001/10/2012

It has become evident that some of you do not understand what is expected of you on this forum. Please view the message at the link and adjust your behavior accordingly.

by Anonymousreply 3101/10/2012 mustn't know him well. I'm perfectly willing to concede that they edited things to make him look worse than he is. But I also watched his employees implore him to stop the shtick, and to stop shoeing favoritism to the blond twink. When Tabatha went back to the Salon, the employees told her that nothing had changed; he, in fact, had mocked her as soon as she left. The one great hairdresser left the establishment because he was being treated unfairly. That does not sound like Dougie is a nice guy; it sounds like he's an asshole.

by Anonymousreply 3201/10/2012

As I said, I don't know Dougie terribly well, but the handful of times that I've met him, he's been sweet. Of course, I do realize that people can be different in various aspects of their life.

by Anonymousreply 3301/10/2012

Being "sweet" to someone he barely knows is one thing. Watch the show...he does nor come off well at all. Particularly at the end. It was clear that he only invited the show to his salon to get the salon makeover. Clearly, he had no intention of improving things for his employees. His behavior seemed odd, at best. But even putting his peculiar eccentricity aside, He did not care about the feelings, or the financial success, of his employees. He came across as a complete narcissist. And favoring the twink just seemed creepy. It was apparent that he was giving all the clients to the marginally talented hairdresser because of his libido. Which seemed contrary to the show's narrative that he "loved" Jimmy and wanted to spend more time with him. Something he didn't do once she had left. He pulled a big con job on her to get his business cleaned up...which is one thing...but he also conned his faithful employees.

by Anonymousreply 3401/10/2012

First episode of the new season was funny. Loved that the saline was named Jungle Red.

by Anonymousreply 3501/11/2012

Fucking autocorrect. That's salon, not saline.

by Anonymousreply 3601/11/2012

Tabatha Coffey considers a New Jersey gay marriage 'Takeover'

by Anonymousreply 3701/11/2012

[quote]He has to be mentally ill. No sane person would risk his business just to put on a pathetic gay minstrel show.

Brad Goreski, anyone?

by Anonymousreply 3801/11/2012

Minstrel, indeed.

by Anonymousreply 3901/11/2012

R38, LOL! Spot on. But that's all we get on Bravo these days.

by Anonymousreply 4001/11/2012

Can any Long Beach DLers spread any light onto Club Ripples?

by Anonymousreply 4101/19/2012

VOTN, it seems like none of those folks watched it... I saw it, though, and it was a great show. The lesbians were cute as well.

by Anonymousreply 4201/20/2012

Love the Tabatha Takes Over the country idea. Actually, I vote for Judge Judy as Vice President. That would be a perfect ticket.

by Anonymousreply 4301/20/2012

My first thought when I saw Adrienne was, "What a cute twink!"

by Anonymousreply 4401/20/2012

I'm glad I wasn't the only one.

Really, the only bartender that would have turned any heads at a regular gay bar was the twinky one in the tank top.

by Anonymousreply 4501/20/2012

[quote]Oh I love Tabitha! I wish I had cable but unfortunately I am poor and underemployed.

Why don't you take advantage of the extra time and learn to spell my name, scumbag.

by Anonymousreply 4601/20/2012

Love her and the new format. I went to Ripples a long time ago (10 years maybe?) and it was busy and popular then. Young crowd. It is right across the street from the beach which had a parking lot that was very cruisy. I think every city has a club that is like Ripples. Popular for years with no change and then suddenly they are obsolete. The owners in this case seemed particularly clueless however. The older one looked like he should be playing canasta in Boca and the other just had no reference year younger than 1978 to model his bar after. On the other hand the staff especially the women (who were majorly hot as both male and female) had some ideas as to what is needed in a gay bar (that is if a gay bar is even necessary at this point)in 2012.

by Anonymousreply 4701/20/2012

[quote] I think every city has a club that is like Ripples.

I agree.

by Anonymousreply 4801/20/2012

So, has their business picked up?

I did think it was kind of cool that she made the point that times had changed and because we're more accepted they needed to seriously rethink their business model.

Still, both of the eldergay owners had their hearts in the right place.

by Anonymousreply 4901/20/2012

Long Beach has a thriving gay community and lots of gay bars. The area where Ripples is located -- Belmont Shore -- is very trendy and growing more upscale all the time.

Belmont Shore area has a strong gay presence, so its always amazed me Ripples doesn't have more business.

Don't know if the changes Tabitha made will make that much difference, but its possible.

Owners must have a super long term lease with a low rent or own the building.

by Anonymousreply 5001/21/2012

I didn't get it. They go to the Abbey & I expected the patio to look a lot different. It seems they didn't change anything by adding some things. They only removed some items and spruced it up. It was lame & underwhelming;(

by Anonymousreply 5101/21/2012

Agreed, r44 and r45 -- but it was weird that he never said a word the entire show -- what was up with that??

by Anonymousreply 5201/21/2012

r51 Must have had a limited budget for the makeover and they spent it all on glassware.

by Anonymousreply 5301/22/2012

I thought that r53. It was so underwhelming to have seen the previous episode with the new chairs & that red leather sofa.

by Anonymousreply 5401/22/2012

I made this just for you, R25:

by Anonymousreply 5501/29/2012

Browne's Salon in Miami, while Niki, the horrid boss who filmed her staff's shortcomings via webcam, held their work VISAs hostage, and warned people who posted negative reviews on the salon on Yelp that they could no longer patronize the salon has closed.

Christopher Hill, with the husband and wife (who reminded us that she has an MBA at very turn) who wanted the new fridge has closed.

Chill, the FroYo place from the most recent episode is, per Tabatha's blog, being turned into a bakery.

by Anonymousreply 5602/20/2012

Salon Tika in Rockville Centre, NY, where the ailing father bought the salon for his daughters, and where Tabatha put up a "For Rent" sign as a shock tactic/warning, has also closed.

by Anonymousreply 5702/20/2012

I like the updates - I always wonder if these places actually survive.

I'm watching the 'Flavio Beauty College' episode right now, and it's kind of sad. They actually have an instructor who uses a walker... I can't see this place surviving.

by Anonymousreply 5803/13/2012

I want to go to Club Ripples just so I can hit on the cute guy with braces.

Anyone here know him?

by Anonymousreply 5903/13/2012

I felt pretty bad for Flavio--85 years old and a bunch of idiots running his school into the ground.

And I'm glad she told the guy from salon H (?) that he completely wasted her time.

by Anonymousreply 6003/13/2012

[quote]I'm watching the 'Flavio Beauty College' episode right now, and it's kind of sad. They actually have an instructor who uses a walker... I can't see this place surviving.

I think she used the walker because she hurt her foot ... but yeah, this bunch doesn't seem apt to stay abreast of the latest hair trends. And the so-called expert colorist was an asshat.

by Anonymousreply 6103/13/2012

I didn't think I watched this show very often, yet I got every single reference in this thread.

by Anonymousreply 6203/13/2012

[quote]They actually have an instructor who uses a walker... I can't see this place surviving.

I thought I remembered being relieved to realize that she worked in the admissions office and was not a stylist. Unless those were two different women I was confusing.

by Anonymousreply 6303/13/2012

Yes, she hurt her leg and she was in admissions - my bad.

I gotta think that the success/failure of a beauty college depends on the quality of the instructors. Unless I couldn't afford to go elsewhere, I'd turn around the minute I walked into that school looking at that pretty lame staff.

by Anonymousreply 6403/13/2012

New episode: Oh, the lesbian drama.

by Anonymousreply 6503/13/2012

I'd hate-fuck Brian, the cunty salon/spa manager in the new episode.

by Anonymousreply 6603/21/2012

I was glad Brian got fired--the owner was an idiot to let him stay that long.

by Anonymousreply 6703/21/2012

I just LOVE Tabitha...OMG!

by Anonymousreply 6803/21/2012

I cannot have negative energy in my space. Please leave.

by Anonymousreply 6903/22/2012

I just caught the one from Minnesota where that stockbroker/owner's staff keeps walking out. Why the hell does he even own a staff? The guy is a complete moron and has absolutely no people skills. I'd venture the salon is just a way for him to somehow write taxes off and nothing more.

by Anonymousreply 7003/22/2012

R70, that episode was particularly frustrating--I can imagine how Tabatha felt. He'd literally shut his mind down to everything and wasted everyone's time. I loved that she told him off at the end.

by Anonymousreply 7103/23/2012

Brian was a nasty mess.

by Anonymousreply 7203/23/2012

Brian is on datalounge. He HAS to be.

I wonder what secret the owner was afraid of being exposed if he were to fire Brian. Hmmmm...

by Anonymousreply 7303/23/2012

Just saw the dog groomer episode.

That owner was fucking insane, I don't know how her wife puts up with her. So fucking passive-aggressive, that poor baby butch groomer looked completely demoralized, the whole staff did.

Seriously this owner nearly rivaled the cuntiness of that psychotic owner the other season who installed those cameras to watch people.

Tabatha was definitely biting her tongue a lot of the time, I don't know why she didn't go off on her, but I figured she probably knew she couldn't argue with crazy.

by Anonymousreply 7403/23/2012

Does T have hearing problems? She has pieces in both ears.

by Anonymousreply 7503/23/2012

Anyone watch the Cinema Suites episode? Is that Dianne just a legend in her own mind? Is Jake still the night 'help'? Because I'd stay there if he'd 'help' me...

by Anonymousreply 7604/14/2012

Jake, "The Night Help" left to get "another job" or he had "another job". Wonder what happened to him.

by Anonymousreply 7708/24/2012

Jake mentioned that he was a Jack of All Trades and that "you name it, I've done it."

And he has... oh, he has.

by Anonymousreply 7805/04/2013

I loved how Jake had those sweat marks around his pits all the time. You could tell his hole was probably moist too and just ready for someone to have fun with.

by Anonymousreply 7905/05/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!