Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Poor Andrew Garfield Trying to Pretend He's Straight

Yeah, he's really not fooling anyone, is he?

by Anonymousreply 51505/26/2015

He's not gay, dear; he's just British.

by Anonymousreply 701/09/2012

Is Emma Stone a lesbian? There's been some rumors on here to that effect.

by Anonymousreply 801/09/2012

For R7:

by Anonymousreply 1201/09/2012

Tom, Andrew & Rob:

by Anonymousreply 1301/09/2012

Tom is cute, OMG!

by Anonymousreply 1401/09/2012

I find him cute in a geek sort of way.

by Anonymousreply 1501/09/2012

Michael K said he looked like a first grader on his way to school and now I can't unsee it.

by Anonymousreply 1601/09/2012

R13, All three of those guys I find sometimes look gorgeous and sometimes look horrible. I wonder if it is the same couple people constantly linking those few pictures of them together.

by Anonymousreply 1701/09/2012

He is not British, he was born in the USA and just lived in England...and yes Andrew Garfield is Gay and hiding it from the females.

by Anonymousreply 1801/09/2012

I think he may actually be straight or bi. I think he was actually dating Shannon Woodward.

by Anonymousreply 1901/09/2012

R18 that's just being pedantic. Where you were raised is what counts, not where you were born.

That's like saying Saoirse Ronan is American or Joel McHale is Italian. Not really.

Nonetheless, it's what the person identifies as that's important.

by Anonymousreply 2101/09/2012

Yes, Shannon Woodward is very butch.

by Anonymousreply 2301/09/2012

Yeah, Andrew legitimately dated Shannon for a long time. Who knows, maybe they'll even get back together. But something still seems really...interesting (?) about him. My personal take is that closet-y issues are involved, even if not the central issue. And I don't think he looks particularly well, aside from his smiles.

As for Emma, to me she has that demeanor of, "Look! My first way-hot relationship!" If they're truly into each other, I can see why it happened. But...more weirdness awaits.

by Anonymousreply 2401/09/2012

The dude is straight. Good for him.

by Anonymousreply 2501/09/2012

It looks bad for Andrew if he can't convince the fangirls he is a heterosexual. That is still his most important acting gig. His Spiderman contract was signed on this condition.

by Anonymousreply 2601/09/2012

Aside from the rather awkward kiss, they make a very cute couple.

by Anonymousreply 2701/10/2012

if it were me, I'd play straight all the way to the bank and then retire and get a boy friend and marry him and live happily ever after with all the money.

by Anonymousreply 2801/10/2012

Emma seems a bit butch.

by Anonymousreply 2901/10/2012

R25 sounds like a fangirl

by Anonymousreply 3001/10/2012

Yeah his 'ex' is looking kind of butch in this photo.

by Anonymousreply 3101/10/2012

Emma Stone isn't fooling anyone either.

I love that interview with Chelsea Handler she had, where Chelsea straight up asked her if she had a girlfriend/was a lesbian when she brushed off the boyfriend question.

Emma responded with a sarcastic 'there you go, there you go'. Maybe there was some truth in that jest.

by Anonymousreply 3201/10/2012

Forgive me for that spectacular fail.

by Anonymousreply 3301/10/2012

It's only that one photo where his ex-girlfriend is dressed boyishly. She's not butch at all, just kind of a hipster. She's also quite sweet for an actress (as is Emma), thus they would both be nurturing and non-threatening dating choices.

So nonetheless, that doesn't keep me from questioning what's up with Andrew. But I don't think it necessarily means that he's realized at least how gay he seems (yet).

by Anonymousreply 3401/10/2012

R21, you should look up the word pedantic. It applies to you as much as it does R18.

Under U.S. law - you know, that little thing called the Constitution - if Garfield was born in the U.S., he was a U.S. citizen at birth. If he did not give it up, he may in fact be an American. And his father was an American, giving him a second ground to citizenship, were he not born in the U.S.

And to claim that "where you were raised" is what defines you is just as absurd. I was born in Sweden and returned there, with one Swedish parent, just as Garfield has one English parent.

He could consider himself both American and British, since that's his parentage. He's in Hollywood now, working in the U.S.

Who are you to say he doesn't consider himself American?

by Anonymousreply 3501/10/2012

These two look SO in love!

by Anonymousreply 3601/10/2012

He doesn't ping at all, and why would any gay man want him?

by Anonymousreply 4001/10/2012

Andrew is quite obviously Gay. Some actors can fake it better....all male actors can fake it for the females. They still think Clay Aiken is straight.

by Anonymousreply 4101/10/2012

His relationship with Woodward was legit. And she's not a lesbian nor does she ping in person. Maybe a little eccentric because she's BFFs with Katy Perry. But I'm not sure about this Emma Stone thing- something seems really off.

by Anonymousreply 4201/10/2012

Andrew Garfield has never had sex with a female.

His relationship with Woodward was legitimate studio bearding. No she is not a lesbian, just one of many female actresses looking to be linked to a closeted male actor, of greater fame, for promotional reasons. It is the most common way female actresses get into the business - see Katie Holmes and Rene Zellweger.

by Anonymousreply 4301/10/2012

[quote]But I'm not sure about this Emma Stone thing- something seems really off.

Probably because they are obviously trying to sell a movie.

by Anonymousreply 4401/10/2012

What a stuck up twat you are, R35. Pedantic? You bring new meaning to the word.

To anyone WITH A BRAIN, where you were brought up and lived for the majority of your formative years as opposed to a couple of years as a baby, kind of means something. “He JUST lived there” – yes, just a minor detail that’s not important in a person’s development at all!

Do people call Nicole Kidman American cause she was born in Hawaii? And yes, I’m perfectly aware he had American parents, and oh my god dual citizenship? I never heard of that! What about the many people in the UK with Irish parents? Many seem to think they're British.

And heaven forbid I go against anything in the constitution of the almighty US of A. Good grief. Even by American standards of being so precise about ethnicity this takes the biscuit. And I’d like to know where I said he doesn’t consider himself American? Having a little reading comprehension trouble are we.

The previous poster implied cause he was born there that made him wholly American, are you his Wikipedia page editor or something? Cause on that it says he’s both. Like I said, I think he should decide what he is.

by Anonymousreply 4501/10/2012

The teenage girls today are just as naive as any day in the past.

Andrew Garfield is a closeted homosexual.

by Anonymousreply 4701/10/2012

R43, I do believe that studio bearding exists, and also that Andrew is very likely gay. I even agree that it's weird- Shannon has been in the business professionally for nearly 15 years longer than Andrew. Their 3-year thing wasn't really talked about until they broke up. But I doubt that would require 3 years of bearding/prep for these two.

The main thing is that there are are enough candid photos and info discovered by random hackers of Katy Perry & friends' private photos to convince me. But if she was a beard (which I personally don't think she was), wow. Those are some pretty mind-blowing lengths, even for Hollywood.

It doesn't really matter, because I think Andrew's gay. Consciously or not.

by Anonymousreply 4901/10/2012

Because this is a gay gossip board, R48. And this is gossip.

If you don't care, why are you posting?

by Anonymousreply 5001/10/2012

[quote]I even agree that it's weird- Shannon has been in the business professionally for nearly 15 years longer than Andrew. Their 3-year thing wasn't really talked about until they broke up. But I doubt that would require 3 years of bearding/prep for these two

I agree. He was a nobody when he was with Shannon. Would he need to beard up when nobody knew who he was? May be the relationship was legit.

That said, he pings my gayder very hard. Look how swishy and flamboyant he looks in that picture of him, Pattinson and Tom Sturridge. And obviously awkward and uncomfortable with Stone. Did anybody see their interaction when Emma hosted SNL? These two are so tepid and awkward. Sony must be freaking out about their chemistry in Spiderman and hedging their bets that a showmance can save matters.

by Anonymousreply 5201/10/2012

Fuck off straight fangirl at R51. Frankly, hon, you seem far more emotionally invested than anyone else on this thread.

And what you call Gay Entitlement is simply knowing one when you see one - aka gaydar.

by Anonymousreply 5301/10/2012

If Andrews agency can't trick the fangirls into thinking he is straight, why is he paying them so much?

by Anonymousreply 5401/10/2012

R46 is naive, to say the least.

by Anonymousreply 5501/10/2012

Emma is seriously BFF with Taylor Swuft, who's "saving herself" for the right man, who was traumatized when Jon Mayer tried to play stinky fingers with her. Emma and Andrew kiss and cuddle for the camera, but her pact with Taylor is still strong!

by Anonymousreply 5601/10/2012

Andrew Garfield tonguing his boyfriends ear...link

by Anonymousreply 5701/10/2012

Andrew certainly likes Robert.

by Anonymousreply 5801/10/2012

It's funny everone's concentrating on Garfield when Stone pings so much louder!

by Anonymousreply 5901/10/2012

He's British so I never would have stopped to think he might be gay had it not been for his participation in such an obvious PR showmance - if anything Emma Stone strikes me as the Jake G in this fake relationship

by Anonymousreply 6101/10/2012

R61, what does being British have to do with anything? British straight guys do not ping constantly like Garfield does.

by Anonymousreply 6201/10/2012

r62, I am American. I have no gaydar for cultures further-flung than Anglophone Canada.

by Anonymousreply 6301/10/2012

The fangirls seem to think they are authentic and "cute." So mission accomplished!

by Anonymousreply 6401/10/2012

The females already think Andrew is a heterosexual. You are never going to convince the Gay community he is because of Gaydar.

Keep up the scam for the simple minded female fans, but realize that the Gay community can easily tell Andrew Garfield is Gay.

by Anonymousreply 6501/11/2012

[quote]The fangirls seem to think they are authentic and "cute." So mission accomplished!

Yeah, from what I've seen online the majority of the fanbase completely buys his relationship with Emma Stone. Which is funny because even if he is straight I still think that is such an obvious PR showmance, but whatever.

by Anonymousreply 6601/11/2012

[quote]It's funny everone's concentrating on Garfield when Stone pings so much louder!

I wouldn't say louder, but she definitely pings.

by Anonymousreply 6701/11/2012

bump

by Anonymousreply 6803/31/2012

Andrew is so horribly unattractive.

by Anonymousreply 6903/31/2012

I think Andrew is nerdy cute, but maybe too femme for many guys on DL. He is a celerity now, so none of this matters. Fame will get him laid in Gay world until the day he drops dead. Gays are attracted to fame beyond even money.

by Anonymousreply 7003/31/2012

Emma and Andrew are so very awkward together.

by Anonymousreply 7103/31/2012

Andrew Garfield is a British, Jewish, nerdy hipster actor... Even if he were straight as could be he would probably ping to a lot of people.

Outside of that my opinion on the matter is that Emma and Andrew do look awkward together. Emma Stone pings more than he does. And the relationship with Shannon Woodward looks legit.

by Anonymousreply 7203/31/2012

His neck is so long and his head is so big and pointy. So very weird looking.

by Anonymousreply 7303/31/2012

Exhibit A.

by Anonymousreply 7403/31/2012

Emma's relationship with Kieran Culkin looked legit as well.

I think they would have been forced to do this showmance anyway, whatever their orientation might be.

by Anonymousreply 7503/31/2012

[quote]And the relationship with Shannon Woodward looks legit.

That poses the question of whether he was forced to dump Woodward to showmance with Stone. Because as soon as that break up was announced (to US Weekly, no less) he was pictured with Stone. Or maybe the Woodward relationship was over anyway. But if it's the former, that's cold.

by Anonymousreply 7603/31/2012

Next stop: Renee Zellweger

by Anonymousreply 7703/31/2012

Dear Gays, Calm Down! I am now the Life time member of the Club -Never Gonna turn Gay! YO all think Wenty/Rob P/Jake are GAY !!! Come on please LEAVE US ALONE WE ARE DAMN STRAIGHT!!

by Anonymousreply 7803/31/2012

R76 dingdingding

[quote]Rumours are rife the English action star took his chance to snare co-star Emma Stone after she split up with Kieran Culkin, her boyfriend since last year.

[quote]It is very much of life imitating art, as she plays his girlfriend Gwen Stacy in upcoming flick The Amazing Spider-Man, which reboots the hit comic book franchise.

[quote]However the pair have been trying to keep their romance under wraps, as Garfield, 27, only split up from his girlfriend of three years Shannon Woodward last month.

[quote]The Social Network star seemingly decided to end the relationship as he was too busy with work commitments.

[quote]A source told America's Us Weekly: ‘They got close during filming and have been hooking up.’

[quote]Suspicions were raised due to the sizzling chemistry between the new sweethearts at the MTV Movie Awards earlier this month.

[quote]They flirted throughout the ceremony, despite the fact he was sitting behind her.

No wonder Andrew looks disgusted with himself.

by Anonymousreply 7903/31/2012

Shannon Woodward is butch as hell.

by Anonymousreply 8003/31/2012

Andrew Garfield sure loved getting his hands all over Robert Pattinson at the Golden Globes last year.

by Anonymousreply 8103/31/2012

I know they get a lot of flack on here, but I kinda feel for the younger guys in Hollywood that are closeted.

I know to some, it's as easy as just coming out, but we should all know that isn't the case. No doubt many of us struggled until finally becoming comfortable with ourselves.

Unfortunately for them, they're surrounded by people who would only make them feel more pressure to remain closeted, and don't get that chance to just grow on their own, and separate themselves from non-supportive people.

by Anonymousreply 8304/01/2012

I get the feeling Andrew is a hand puppet.

by Anonymousreply 8404/01/2012

Is it true he and emma had a violent row.?i read this on the broadway thread.

by Anonymousreply 8504/08/2012

R83 Andrew isn't exactly a spring chicken anymore. If the US draft were still in effect, Andrew would now be too old to draft. So maybe Andrew is just not the brightest bulb on the tree, that is more believable.

by Anonymousreply 8604/09/2012

Andrew is almost 30 years old. I guess people still think he's young since he's primarily still playing teenagers.

by Anonymousreply 8704/09/2012

Why are some so certain Andrew Garfield is gay?

by Anonymousreply 8804/09/2012

oh, r88, you're new to DL, aren't you?

by Anonymousreply 8904/09/2012

Because Andrew Garfield only has sex with other guys R88. That is what non-Republicans call Gay.

by Anonymousreply 9004/09/2012

Did American audiences get a chance to see him in the "Red Riding Trilogy"? He was memorable in that.

by Anonymousreply 9104/09/2012

He was very good in Never Let Me Go. However, I think he's a character actor. Not sure why Hollywood is pushing him as a movie star because I just don't see it.

by Anonymousreply 9204/09/2012

[quote]However, I think he's a character actor. Not sure why Hollywood is pushing him as a movie star because I just don't see it.

And also pairing him with hot chicks who are way out of his league. I don't know, but you could also ask Jonah Hill, Shia Labeouf, Emile Hirsch, Seth Rogen and Jason Segel the same thing.

by Anonymousreply 9304/09/2012

Who cares OP? He's about as pretty as John McEnroe's dog.

by Anonymousreply 9404/09/2012

R93 you gotta be kidding me.these leading ladies are out of his league.

by Anonymousreply 9504/10/2012

How so, R95?

by Anonymousreply 9604/10/2012

So, does anybody believe Andrew and Emma are really dating?

by Anonymousreply 9704/10/2012

Yes, R97. Some of the fangirls.

by Anonymousreply 9804/10/2012

R96 because andrew is a very good looking guy who could have anyone,and these hot chicks are not THAT special.

by Anonymousreply 9904/10/2012

The same fangirls who believe Justin Bieber is the greatest musical genius in all history.

by Anonymousreply 10004/10/2012

What exactly has he done that makes him seem gay? What's the gossip?

And why would a sucessful actress waste her time bearding for him? What's in it for her?

by Anonymousreply 10104/10/2012

They are in the same movie together, R101. Sony is hoping to relaunch the Spider-Man franchise and it's expected to be one of the biggest tentpoles of the year. Andrew plays Spider-Man and Stone is his love interest, Gwen Stacy. That seems enough of an incentive.

by Anonymousreply 10204/10/2012

Emma Stone is dating him for publicity (maybe it's even part of her contract) whether he is gay or not, R101. This is not "wasting her time", this is being focused on her career. Wasting your time is dating some C-lister you are in love with.

by Anonymousreply 10304/10/2012

So every time two actors date each other they're solely doing it for publicity R103?

This thread is remarkably lacking in any actual innuendo or things to suggest that he is gay. Who is he rumoured to have been with and why?

by Anonymousreply 10404/10/2012

R104, he pings to high heavens. Have you seen the photos of him climbing all over Robert Pattinson at the Golden Globes a couple years ago?

And he has gay voice.

by Anonymousreply 10504/10/2012

My bet is on bi, and he needed to find another co-star to date because Jesse Eisenberg is already taken.

by Anonymousreply 10604/10/2012

Not every time R104, but sometimes, for example this time. You can see that they fake it.

BTW the likelihood of a showmance goes up, when the actors are a romantic couple in the movie/show and are young up and comers(or hopeful to be). Examples: Rob and Kristen, Blake Lively and her gay bf on Gossip Girl, ANDREW/EMMA.

by Anonymousreply 10704/10/2012

Andrew Garfield has never had sex with a female.

I'm sure when the tabloids out him one day, he will claim to be "Bi", that seems to be the spin publicists try first.

by Anonymousreply 10804/10/2012

I agree, R107. And that seems to have become one of THE biggest marketing tools of movies in recent years.

Several decades ago I don't remember actors, studios, magazines etc. trying to imply that every movie couple was a couple in real life. Why has this trend developed?

No one ever cared whether actors of previous generations were together off screen or tried to pretend they were. Did anyone try to market Katharine Hepburn & Peter O'Toole as a real-life couple when they did "The Lion in Winter"?

by Anonymousreply 10904/10/2012

I thought British always claimed they are HONEST and OPEN !!! So what the Hell is going on with Andrew Garfield, Rob P,Luke Evans and Matthew Rhys !!!

by Anonymousreply 11004/10/2012

Well I don't follow Andrew and Emma so I don't know what it is about them that is so off R107. I just think it's silly to scream PR just because two people are also a couple on-screen. Co-stars date each other all the time without anyone questioning it, yet as soon as these co-stars are the romantic draw of a movie/tv show it MUST be fake? Why?

And I'm still waiting to hear what the actual gossip about him is. "Gay voice" and "pinging" doesn't count.

by Anonymousreply 11104/10/2012

Andrew Garfield was born in Los Angeles, CA. He is an American citizen. He moved to England with his parents later in life.

Let us stick to the facts here R110.

by Anonymousreply 11204/10/2012

There is just something very fake about them, including their awkward attempts at PDA in front of the paps.

Same thing with Blake Lively and Ryan Reynolds.

I also think the Internet has increased the public's appetite for celebrity culture, 'candid' pap pictures and celebrity romances. People want to read about real life soap operas. Showmances are used to leverage and raise an actor's profile as well as a marketing tool for a movie.

Sites like JustJared exist for this reason.

by Anonymousreply 11304/10/2012

R112, if we want to stick to the facts, we should start with the fact that Andrew Garfield was born in New York.

by Anonymousreply 11404/10/2012

Jesse recently attended Andrew's performance in Death of a Salesman. It's nice they've kept in touch.

by Anonymousreply 11504/10/2012

They are both Jewish, R115 - so they may be part of the same social circle.

by Anonymousreply 11604/10/2012

Andrew Garfield's mother is British and he moved to England when he was 3 and has a British accent, so I wouldn't consider him American just because he was born in the U.S.

by Anonymousreply 11704/10/2012

R114 steps in it again.

"Date of Birth 20 August 1983, Los Angeles, California, USA

Birth Name Andrew Russell Garfield"

by Anonymousreply 11804/10/2012

Yes, I made a mistake about New York it seems. I was thinking of another actor. The rest of what I posted above is correct though.

by Anonymousreply 11904/10/2012

R116, I think it may have more to do with them working together on The Social Network than them being Jewish. In other words: everything to do with them being co-stars and nothing to do with them being Jewish.

by Anonymousreply 12004/10/2012

Closet cases don't have to be in the same social circle as their beards. Females willing to play girlfriends to closeted homosexual actors, are a dime a dozen.

by Anonymousreply 12104/10/2012

Andrew & Emma remind me of Robert & Kristen and Hayden & Rachel - forced public affection:

by Anonymousreply 12204/11/2012

another:

by Anonymousreply 12304/11/2012

and here

by Anonymousreply 12404/11/2012

I think Andrew seems more comfortable with men. Here he is with Robert P and Tom S:

by Anonymousreply 12504/11/2012

Meanwhile this is Andrew with Emma:

by Anonymousreply 12604/11/2012

Andrew & Emma:

by Anonymousreply 12704/11/2012

Andrew & Emma

by Anonymousreply 12804/11/2012

Contrast with Andrew & Jesse E:

by Anonymousreply 12904/11/2012

Andrew with Garrett Hedlund:

by Anonymousreply 13004/11/2012

Andrew & Emma:

by Anonymousreply 13104/11/2012

Meanwhile, Robert Pattinson gets Andrew very excited:

by Anonymousreply 13204/11/2012

Andrew & Rob

by Anonymousreply 13304/11/2012

He can't keep his hands off Rob

by Anonymousreply 13404/11/2012

Squeezing Rob tight

by Anonymousreply 13504/11/2012

His arm's favorite place is around Robert Pattinson:

by Anonymousreply 13604/11/2012

Andrew and Jesse sharing secrets.

by Anonymousreply 13704/11/2012

Andrew needs a Josh Hartnett style haircut.

by Anonymousreply 13804/11/2012

Andrew needs to hire a new publicist. His public cred with Emma is 0. Even straight females on live journal are now questioning his sexuality.

by Anonymousreply 13904/11/2012

What are they saying, R139?

by Anonymousreply 14004/11/2012

Was that a Dexy's Midnight Runners costume party, r125?

by Anonymousreply 14104/11/2012

I see the fangirls have found us and want solid facts that their beloved "starfield" is real.get real girls and take the rose tinted glasses off,both andrew and emma ping the gaydar to high heaven,andrew always looks so much happier draped over men than the forced pda with emma,and they are lovers in a up and coming franchise.the "romance"will be written in the contract.

by Anonymousreply 14304/11/2012

People actually refer to them as "Starfield?"

by Anonymousreply 14404/11/2012

12 year old girls do what ever TV tells them R144.

Don't think they came up with the term themselves. They are like little memory sticks, empty until something is downloaded.

by Anonymousreply 14504/11/2012

Don't you think Andrew pings to high heavens at R125?

by Anonymousreply 14604/11/2012

He looks like Beavis and Butthead rolled together.

by Anonymousreply 14704/11/2012

That's way more pictures of Andrew Garfield than I ever needed.

by Anonymousreply 14804/11/2012

Gay face?

by Anonymousreply 14904/11/2012

So.... it is about time for a Gay Spiderman.

by Anonymousreply 15004/12/2012

R50 yes i think it's high time for a gay superhero,kids need a positive role model and who better than a superhero.

by Anonymousreply 15104/12/2012

It's interesting that both the new Spiderman and the new Superman are gay.

by Anonymousreply 15204/12/2012

He's pasty and fugly. Poor girl signed a contract promising to kiss that thing in public for how long???

by Anonymousreply 15304/13/2012

Andrew Garfield is ugly like a sin, yuck.

by Anonymousreply 15504/13/2012

R154 what the fuck.??

by Anonymousreply 15604/13/2012

I don't think Andrew Garfield is ugly, but he needs butt implants (So does Matt Damon).

by Anonymousreply 15704/14/2012

Why would Damon need butt implants? Garfield is the one with a flat butt.

by Anonymousreply 15804/14/2012

[quote]He is not British, he was born in the USA and just lived in England

Oh good, that means he's cut. Thank god.

by Anonymousreply 15904/14/2012

In interviews he said he considers himself British & American.

And don't start up the circumcision debate, R159

by Anonymousreply 16004/14/2012

His Parents are British, so that is why. Much like many Italians, born in the USA, still consider themselves Italian.

by Anonymousreply 16104/14/2012

And Brits don't cut their kids just because they are born in the US, usually.

Sorry R160, but it's true.

by Anonymousreply 16204/14/2012

Except that he's Jewish-British, which means that he might be cut.

by Anonymousreply 16304/14/2012

All jewish boys are circumcised it is against jewish law if they aren't,they will not get a name and will not be part of the religion if they don't.

by Anonymousreply 16404/15/2012

No they're not all circumcised, R164 - it's only in America and Israel where it is almost universal. In Europe and Scandinavia the statistics show that about half of them are not.

And there are an increasing number of Jews, including in America, who are against it.

by Anonymousreply 16504/15/2012

Andrew is not Jewish-British. He is Jewish- American BORN AND BRED, who briefly lived in England with his parents.

by Anonymousreply 16604/15/2012

He must have lived there more than briefly - he has a British accent.

by Anonymousreply 16704/15/2012

Madonna has a "British Accent".

by Anonymousreply 16804/16/2012

Can we please get back to talking about how gay andrew is instead of which nationality he is.

by Anonymousreply 16904/16/2012

Andrew himself has said he is both American & British.

by Anonymousreply 17004/16/2012

Andrew has said himself he is heterosexual.....so... not a great track record of believability here.

by Anonymousreply 17104/16/2012

Not a good argument, R171. You do realize what false equivalency is right?

If someone who has lived in both America and Britain and is a dual citizen says he feels he is both, that is his personal belief about how he feels and is backed up by evidence.

Clearly actors who have a reason to lie about their sexuality are not going to be honest and open about the same point.

by Anonymousreply 17204/16/2012

Someone in the Emma Stone thread on L Chat says they know Andrew Garfield socially and that he's not gay. Apparently, he used to occasionally get referred to as "the straight version of Ben Wishaw."

by Anonymousreply 17304/16/2012

Uh-huh, R173.

by Anonymousreply 17404/16/2012

What does knowing him 'socially' mean, exactly?

I go back and forth on Garfield. He pings to high heaven but according to some his relationship with Shannon Woodward was legit. Of course I don't buy this "Starfield" nonsense for a second.

And what's going on with Emma Stone? Is she a lesbian?

by Anonymousreply 17504/17/2012

Has anyone explained why Andrew loves to crawl all over Robert Pattinson so much? He could barely keep his hands off him at the Golden Globes last year:

by Anonymousreply 17604/17/2012

You already posted those pictures in this thread, R176. We all saw them the first time.

by Anonymousreply 17704/17/2012

There's nothing wrong with reposting one on this page for those who didn't read the rest of the thread. It relates to the most recent posts.

by Anonymousreply 17804/17/2012

It's not like the thread has 500 posts. I think we got it, R178. No need to keep on reposting the same links.

by Anonymousreply 17904/17/2012

Pretty sure Garfield is straight, OP.

by Anonymousreply 18004/17/2012

[quote]So.... it is about time for a Gay Spiderman.

We already had one.

by Anonymousreply 18104/17/2012

I'm sick of hall monitors like you, R179

by Anonymousreply 18204/17/2012

Repeatedly posting the same links in one short thread is a sign of OCD or mental illness or something. Get some fresh air, R182.

by Anonymousreply 18304/17/2012

Take your meds, R183

by Anonymousreply 18404/17/2012

I have heard rumours about garfield and eisenberg hooking up on the set of the social network,but does anyone have any insider information.??

by Anonymousreply 18504/18/2012

They fucked around but it was just a friendly hook up,no great romance.

by Anonymousreply 18604/18/2012

Nice idea, R186, but the evidence so far seems to be Eisenberg is straight.

by Anonymousreply 18704/18/2012

I never said he wasn't R187. Human sexuality is not written in stone. Everyone,gay or straight,experiments and if they say otherwise they're lying.

by Anonymousreply 18804/18/2012

R188, "everyone" does not experiment. As a basic lesson in Philosophy and Logic 101 will tell you, the moment you say "everyone" does something, you are already losing the argument.

It's lying to say otherwise.

by Anonymousreply 18904/18/2012

Not everyone even has sex with another person ever. What the hell are you on about, R188?

So where is that Garfiel/Eisenberg gossip coming from? Any details?

by Anonymousreply 19004/18/2012

R190, slash tin-hatters.

by Anonymousreply 19104/18/2012

Andrew Garfield is much, much prettier than Jesse Eisenburg. He must have self confidence issues if they messed around or be really, really slutty.

by Anonymousreply 19204/18/2012

I think they are about equal on the fug meter.

by Anonymousreply 19304/18/2012

I think Jesse is growing out of his awkward phase. He's looking pretty good here.

by Anonymousreply 19404/18/2012

That is a great picture of Jesse, r194. But somehow I don't find Jesse "sexy", only "adorable".

by Anonymousreply 19504/19/2012

Jesse looks like a hobbit.

by Anonymousreply 19604/19/2012

Jesse is looking rather sexy lately,i think he has new stylist.

by Anonymousreply 19704/19/2012

He looks like a lesbian who needs to shave.

by Anonymousreply 19804/19/2012

Andrew has that sexy, British hanky up the sleeves thing going on - so sweet and prissy. Jesse is too butch.

by Anonymousreply 19904/19/2012

Why does Andrew seem more comfortable around men?

by Anonymousreply 20004/20/2012

R200 Because he's gay and prefers the company of men.

by Anonymousreply 20104/20/2012

Both Andrew and Emma seem so gay to me. I can't buy them together.

by Anonymousreply 20204/20/2012

Andrew will come out when his agency tells him it is OK. He is a very obedient robot type personality. Unfortunately this shows up in his bland acting performances. Much like the Master of Robot acting: Tom Cruise.

by Anonymousreply 20304/20/2012

I agree with R203 andrew is owned by his agent and just goes along with their instructions.

by Anonymousreply 20404/20/2012

I think Spider-Man is going to flop.

by Anonymousreply 20504/21/2012

You might be right, R205. Or it may not flop, but I don't think it will do as well as the Toby MaGuire movies.

There was no need for another Spiderman so soon.

by Anonymousreply 20604/21/2012

sony have invested so much into this reboot they will try everything to make this a success,but sadly i think it will flop which is sad because andrew is such a good actor.

by Anonymousreply 20704/21/2012

R207 I think your're right.

by Anonymousreply 20804/23/2012

When Bearding 101 fails, enter Bearding 102, which means "Turkey Baster Baby" or the "Fictitious Baby" lost in "tragic life changing trauma".... (see Prince or Keanu Reeves for details).

In any event, it should be interesting how they spin things if(when) the movie flops.

by Anonymousreply 20904/23/2012

If Andrew is such a good actor, you should hope this shit flops and he will move on to more interesting projects that a million sequels of the least necessary superhero reboot ever.

by Anonymousreply 21004/23/2012

Having a big, expensive flop on your resume is never good for any actor.

by Anonymousreply 21104/23/2012

Mike Nichols says in 'Playbill' that Andrew has 'enormous emotional equipment', so that should work out well for him.

by Anonymousreply 21204/23/2012

Yeah,if Spiderman flops I'm sure Andrew can rely on his enormous equipment.

by Anonymousreply 21304/23/2012

That sounds like something you need to take a lot of Prozac for R212.

by Anonymousreply 21404/23/2012

I'm sure a lot of actors are on medication.

by Anonymousreply 21504/23/2012

Saw Andrew and Emma on restaurant row canoodling each other Saturday night.

by Anonymousreply 21604/23/2012

R216 any pictures.?

by Anonymousreply 21704/23/2012

I hope you're using 'canoodling' ironically.

by Anonymousreply 21804/23/2012

Nope. I actually felt embarrassed to look at them - they were literally sucking each other's faces. I made eye contact , and he gave me that "you recognized me" look.

by Anonymousreply 21904/23/2012

I don't believe these celebrity couple photos. They are mostly (but not all) publicity stunts to promote films or hide an actor's sexuality.

I always got a gay/bisexual vibe from Andrew Garfield.

by Anonymousreply 22004/23/2012

R219 i'm sure it was all for the benefit of the paparazzi,not long until the movie comes out.

by Anonymousreply 22104/23/2012

R219, you should have licked your lips and mouthed the word yum just to see if he'd take the bait.

by Anonymousreply 22204/23/2012

They looked pretty serious!

he is cute in "real life" though.

by Anonymousreply 22304/23/2012

R19 actors just acting.

by Anonymousreply 22404/23/2012

Sounds like they are trying too hard

by Anonymousreply 22504/23/2012

I know, r225!

by Anonymousreply 22604/23/2012

I thought Andrew was brilliant in "The Social Network"...even my little niece thought he was bi.

by Anonymousreply 22704/23/2012

R225 and R226 i agree.how long do you think the showmance will last.??

by Anonymousreply 22804/24/2012

His ex-girlfriend/beard/whatever, Shannon Woodward, is a real dog. Very ugly. She's on Raising Hope and is currently Katy Perry's BFF/ugly sidekick.

You can see her in the background here as Katy humps her newest boyfriend at Coachella. She's the nasty thing in the see-through top and cig, enviously looking on as Katy gets some play.

by Anonymousreply 22904/24/2012

We've seldom seen a couple so in love!

by Anonymousreply 23004/24/2012

Yikes, R229. Her butchness came through the screen and punched me in the face.

by Anonymousreply 23104/24/2012

Is that her with the cigarette?

by Anonymousreply 23204/24/2012

Yes it is

by Anonymousreply 23304/24/2012

She's like an uglier version of Kristen Stewart.

by Anonymousreply 23404/24/2012

Why does she smoke? That's gross.

is Andrew a smoker? I'm assuming not since it could damage his Spiderman physique.

by Anonymousreply 23504/24/2012

Most actors are smokers.

by Anonymousreply 23604/25/2012

She's actually pretty on Raising Hope...but yeah, that's not the most flattering picture.

by Anonymousreply 23704/25/2012

Even dolled up she's pretty plain and mousy by Hollywood standards. I can see why his agents told him to dump her for a bigger, prettier star like Emma Stone (who is of course his co-star in a multi-million dollar tentpole franchise).

For an up and comer like Garfield, dumping the old, boring, unknown girlfriend is a no brainer.

by Anonymousreply 23804/25/2012

we really are trying so hard to promote this showmance,emma was seen carrying his nephew into the theatre.the moronic fangirls might eat this up like dessert but any adult with fully functioning eyes can see this all fake and desperate pr.

by Anonymousreply 23904/27/2012

I've heard the tracking for Spider-Man is not very good.

by Anonymousreply 24004/28/2012

I wonder if Andrews agency sets him up with ugly women intentionally, to add believability to the bearding arrangement?

by Anonymousreply 24104/28/2012

Studios have been arranging beards for generations, so they have a lot of experience doing it.

by Anonymousreply 24204/28/2012

What does tracking mean.??

by Anonymousreply 24304/29/2012

R243, it basically means the way in which studios monitor the amount of attention & traffic a film is getting prior to its release in order to judge what type of returns they can expect at the box office.

by Anonymousreply 24404/29/2012

Thank you R244 can i ask you about your thoughts on this showmance.??

by Anonymousreply 24504/29/2012

A tony nomination is a great way to convince everyone you're straight.

by Anonymousreply 24605/01/2012

It certainly is sooo hetro. just like that beautiful relationship he has with emma.lol

by Anonymousreply 24705/01/2012

Who cares!!!

by Anonymousreply 24805/01/2012

Spider-Man looks so utterly lame, which I guess explains why there's been 'candid' shots of 'Starfield' almost everyday.

by Anonymousreply 24905/03/2012

We're in 2012.

It's time to move on from Spiderman.

by Anonymousreply 25005/03/2012

Forget Tobey Maguire, Spider-Man is getting a major overhaul and brand new beginning with Andrew Garfield.

by Anonymousreply 25105/03/2012

R251's post is brought to you by Sony's marketing department.

by Anonymousreply 25205/03/2012

flogging a dead horse comes to mind,no wonder they're forcing this showmance so much.!!

by Anonymousreply 25305/03/2012

It's two weeks until the movie is released how long do you think the showmance will last after that.??

by Anonymousreply 25506/15/2012

Starfield? Really? REALLY?

by Anonymousreply 25606/15/2012

Would it be so awful to make Spider-man attractive for once? Both of those guys are so blah and unattractive to me. Why can't Peter Parker be a hottie?

They should have cast Donald Glover when they had the chance. At least he's different.

by Anonymousreply 25706/15/2012

Andrew Garfield probably wishes he could bring a nice Jewish boy like Jesse Eisenberg to the Premiere.

by Anonymousreply 25806/15/2012

How is he "pretending?"

by Anonymousreply 25906/15/2012

Have you not seen the photos of Andrew in public trying to make out with Emma Stone for the cameras, R259?

by Anonymousreply 26006/15/2012

R260 You don't know for a fact if he's gay or straight so don't pretend you do. He's not like an AC who we know is gay and who he dates and people have said he is.

by Anonymousreply 26106/15/2012

No, we don't know 100%, R261.

But what we do know is that based on his statements above, he is practically in love with Jesse Eisenberg. On top of that, he climbed all over Robert Pattinson at the Golden Globes a couple years ago, and pings to high heavens on a regular basis.

So it's beginning to point in a certain direction . . .

by Anonymousreply 26206/15/2012

Peter Parker is supposed to be a meek little geek, no? Both those guys are geeky cute in my opinion, and the general public's opinion. The casting is the one thing you really can't complain about.

by Anonymousreply 26306/15/2012

It's funny. I remember the uproar here when Garfield was announced for Spiderman. Lots of bitchy comments about his looks. But now he's famous, he's suddenly attractive and HAS to be gay.

by Anonymousreply 26406/15/2012

he is straight. get over it.

by Anonymousreply 26506/15/2012

R265-Sexually frustrated Emma Stone

by Anonymousreply 26606/15/2012

I don't believe in their relationship for one second.

I don't know if he's gay or not, and don't care, but Andrew and Emma... it's all PR, and I'm getting sick of seeing m/f film leads 'dating' for PR. Only fools believe in this crap.

by Anonymousreply 26706/15/2012

I don't buy Andrew's relationship with Emma as real. I do believe it's a PR stunt for Spider-Man. As soon as the movie is over, they will be over. It's quite obvious that Andrew is gay or bisexual.

by Anonymousreply 26806/15/2012

[quote]Remember, this is a franchise. I doubt they'll break up after the first film if sequels are greenlighted

Yeah, just ask Pattison and Stewart.

by Anonymousreply 27006/15/2012

The spiderman press conferences and photo calls make me cringe,he is obviously not interested and she's just a famewhore wanting all of the attention.

by Anonymousreply 27106/16/2012

[quote][R265]-Sexually frustrated Emma Stone

I don't know about that. She pings more than he does.

by Anonymousreply 27206/16/2012

Spidey Promo is almost over... he can dump the beard now.

by Anonymousreply 27306/25/2012

They both ping hard. Mutual bearding going on here and despite being good actors they are horribly unconvincing together, not quite as bad as Pattinson and Stewart, but still.

by Anonymousreply 27406/25/2012

Aren't co-stars embarrassed to be a couple these days? Doesn't everyone know about showmances by now?

by Anonymousreply 27506/25/2012

R275, more people are aware of showmances now (as you can tell by reading the comment sections in some of the above links), but enough fangirls are still fooled by them that the studios think they are worthwhile.

by Anonymousreply 27606/25/2012

What I would give to have Andrew for one night.

by Anonymousreply 27706/25/2012

R277 = Jesse Eisenberg ?

by Anonymousreply 27806/26/2012

R278 oh i'm sure jesse has had andrew for more than one night.

by Anonymousreply 27906/26/2012

He has that big dick look to him. He is, however, ugly like most straight men.

by Anonymousreply 28006/26/2012

Straight, R280?

by Anonymousreply 28106/26/2012

Useful word for the bearding season PR/promo 'romance': promance, or PRomance for emphasis.

by Anonymousreply 28206/26/2012

R277 = Emma Stone

Keep tryin', hun!

by Anonymousreply 28306/26/2012

I saw Garfield a few time in NYC when he was on Broadway in "Death of A Salesman." He is far less attractive without make up and fancy clothes. In fact, a friend pointed him out the first time; I would not have looked twice otherwise.

by Anonymousreply 28406/26/2012

Andrew definitely has an awkward look about him. He's not handsome at all.

by Anonymousreply 28506/26/2012

As I see it, the problem, generally, is that the film industry "invests" a lot in an actor and they get so far out on a limb, they can't come out. It would impact more than just their own lives which would be ruined, professionally.

Let's say Ryan Gosling came out as gay. (I wish!) think about all the actresses who had "long-term" relationships with him. They'd look really bad, and they'd expose the ugly underbelly of the bearding practice.

Maybe Gosling is a bad example, but I'm sure we have loads of actors we can think of who beard, and even if they wanted to come out, they couldn't because it would affect someone else who is considered important.

Right now Emma Stone is the "go to" girl. She's a hot commodity. The huge investment in Garfield for Spidey is matched by ther popularity, too. There's no way the powers that be would allow that. They'd rather see him get hit by a car. Then they can do a retrospective.

I think bearding is wrong, and I definitely do not condone it, but I can see why once it starts, if an actor is successful the Suits won't allow it to stop.

That's why I applaud guys who come out early rather than late. It's risky either way but much worse if you've allowed yourself to go out on that limb.

by Anonymousreply 28706/26/2012

Garfield is a public schoolboy... And most - if not all - public schoolboys give off that gay vibe. Even the straight ones tend to be over-familiar and ridiculously touchy-feely with one another.

by Anonymousreply 28806/26/2012

R288, speaking as a non-Brit, that is the only group of Brits where I see "not gay just British" as a thing.

by Anonymousreply 28906/26/2012

How is Emma a hot commodity, R287? Most people have never heard of her.

by Anonymousreply 29006/26/2012

Even my mom has heard of Emma Stone. Between Crazy, Stupid, Love and The Help, you have the frau audience all tied up, Easy A was a hit with teen girls and boys are interested because she's hot and she's going to be in Spider-Man.

I don't know what rock R290 lives under.

by Anonymousreply 29106/26/2012

R291, Emma Stone is not a household name. She's only known to those who keep up very closely with the movies. Not everyone knows every B-list actor like you do.

by Anonymousreply 29206/26/2012

Are you old R292? Emma was in two big hits last year, and The Help made $169 million. She's hosted SNL, she's on the cover of Vogue this month and she's headlining the reboot of Spider-Man. Most people, who don't live in their basement, have heard of her.

Again, if my 65 year old mom knows who Emma Stone is (and she doesn't pay attention to pop culture) it means Emma is pretty well known.

by Anonymousreply 29306/26/2012

Well, at least he's not pretending he's cute.

His face is absolutely jacked.

by Anonymousreply 29406/26/2012

No, R293, it does not. Your mom is not a barometer for the country. Most people have not heard of Emma Stone. I've heard of her, but only because I follow movies closely. She is not as famous as Angelina Jolie or Meryl Streep or any number of other actresses I could name.

by Anonymousreply 29506/27/2012

R295, I don't even know how you can say that 'most people have never heard of Emma Stone,' Have you taken a poll? Like the poster said above, she's a Hollywood IT girl and a hot commodity. Why are you arguing this point? You are a pedantic blowhard.

Get out more.

by Anonymousreply 29606/27/2012

I dont know who Emma Stone is either. I've read her name mostly here but I have no clue on how she looks like.

by Anonymousreply 29706/27/2012

R291/R293/R297 has issues.

Not only does he fail to realize that Emma Stone is not a major player in Hollywood, nor is she a household name (it was Viola Davis who got the Oscar nomination for "The Help"), but he seems to think that if we disagree with some PR puffery above, we are the ones who are out to lunch.

He takes Emma Stone way too seriously and seems to think he has to defend her honor. She's a B-list actress - she's not the next Meryl Streep.

by Anonymousreply 29806/27/2012

R298, your arguments are ridiculous. Nobody said she's the next Meryl Streep so you can drop the bullshit. Among young actresses she's a very hot commodity, which apparently what you originally objected to. I can imagine you are a very cranky eldergay. Emma Stone isn't 65 so why is she being compared to Streep?

Jennifer Lawrence and Emma are very in demand in Hollywood right now. Sorry it hasn't reached your nursing home yet.

by Anonymousreply 29906/27/2012

I'm 34 years old, idiot, at R299.

Are you Emma Stone's PR person? Because you sure are defensive about her.

by Anonymousreply 30006/27/2012

[quote]How is Emma a hot commodity, [R287]? Most people have never heard of her.

Honey...just, no. Emma Stone is famous, she is a 'hot commodity' and she is the go-to actress in her age range. There's no need to bring Streep in to it, she's old enough to be Emma's grandmother. But Emma is quite well known and will become more so when Spider-Man comes out next week (although it remains to be seen how well it's received). There's no need to deny this or pretend otherwise. I would even say she's more famous than Andrew Garfield (right now anyway), who is mainly only known for The Social Network. And as far as The Help goes, while Viola was nominated for an Oscar, it was Emma who was on all the magazine covers, on the movie posters, etc. More people probably know who Stone is than Viola Davis. And I'm not saying that's right, but it's true.

The poster in this thread who keeps on trying to argue the opposite point has no idea what he's talking about.

by Anonymousreply 30106/27/2012

What ever Emme is, she is not or has ever had sex with Andrew Garfield. Andrew is a hardcore, homosexual.

by Anonymousreply 30206/27/2012

His face really is quite horrible. Plus the skinny body. I never would have thought he'd make it as a star.

by Anonymousreply 30306/27/2012

I have a question for emma's publicist at R301 how much is she paying you and is it worth all the backlash.??

by Anonymousreply 30406/29/2012

What is this Hollywood thing to fake relationships between actors who are costarring in a movie? Who gives a shit?

by Anonymousreply 30506/29/2012

Anyone where in Chelsea he and Emma Stone supposedly live?

by Anonymousreply 30606/29/2012

Typed to quickly. Meant to say "Anyone know where in Chelsea he and Emma Stone supposedly live?"

by Anonymousreply 30706/29/2012

I don't know where exactly, but I know people who have seen and run into her.

by Anonymousreply 30806/29/2012

R306, I doubt they live together, so why are you asking?

by Anonymousreply 30906/29/2012

ANDREW GARFIELD IS NOT GAY!!!!

by Anonymousreply 31007/01/2012

You convinced me, r310. I think it was the ALL CAPS that clinched it.

by Anonymousreply 31107/01/2012

R307 I hope this will answer your question. 1 Emma lives in greenwich village. (check google) 2 Jesse eisenberg lives in chelsea. Now andrew is almost always seen in chelsea so just incase the intellectuals worked it out the starfield pr machine went into overdrive and made up some bullshit living together story.

by Anonymousreply 31207/01/2012

Emma has been seen in Chelsea a bunch of times. I work in Chelsea, so I know this and know people who have seen her in Chelsea. I can just confirm that Emma does live in Chelsea. I don't know where either Jesse or Andrew live.

by Anonymousreply 31307/01/2012

well either emma is visiting someone or has moved there recently but the last time i googled greenwich village her name came up on a list of people who lived there.

by Anonymousreply 31407/01/2012

went to see spiderman last night and really enjoyed it shame about the unconvincing love story between peter&gwen,the chemistry has been vastly overrated.

by Anonymousreply 31507/04/2012

It's not just that he's so fey but also that she's so butch. That plus the co-starring thing are the giveaways here for the rational people who have nothing in particular invested in either of them.

by Anonymousreply 31607/04/2012

Their dynamic is very similar to the Twilight couple. Right now down to the fey, girlish, giggling Englishman 'romancing' his butch, raspy voiced lesbian co-star. Although Andrew and Emma are better actors so they come off marginally better in candids.

by Anonymousreply 31707/04/2012

They also seem to be more willing to kiss and hold hands in public.

by Anonymousreply 31807/04/2012

R317, Andrew Garfield's ex, Shannon Woodward, was more Kristen Stewart-y.

by Anonymousreply 31907/04/2012

It's so ridiculous that we have to go through these shenanigans year after year before the person comes out 20 years later.

by Anonymousreply 32007/04/2012

Eh. Shannon is friends with Kristen, but she (Shannon) is not gay-seeming at all. She's at UCB, etc. all the time, and is now also quite apparently hooking up with a certain (MARRIED!) comedian.

Anyway, back to Andrew. Jury's out as to whether he considers/considered himself at least bisexual.

But to be honest, I'm more "concerned" about his weight loss. It strikes me as an emotional symptom as opposed to just "fast metabolism." Oh, well.

And now I feel horrible for gossiping about it.

by Anonymousreply 32107/04/2012

Shannon Woodward sure looks butch in pictures, R321. But mostly, she's just really fucking ugly.

by Anonymousreply 32207/04/2012

Andrew has always been very scrawny - just like a lot of British guys. I'm not sure if there's anything unusual about it.

He has Robert Pattinson's frame.

Here's Andrew Garfield almost naked in a British t.v. series he did before he became famous:

by Anonymousreply 32307/04/2012

Another from the same series:

In Underwear, standing up:

by Anonymousreply 32407/04/2012

r322 Nah, any "style" she has is just her attempt to survive in LA/the image of her choosing.

I think she's fairly pretty up close. And hey, she snagged a married guy. But, eye of beholder. It's not hard to see why she hit it off with Andrew, but it's also totally understandable that they eventually broke up.

And I know he was always skinny, but losing even more weight typically doesn't just happen like that, at his age. Either way, it sort of fascinates me. It shouldn't. But it does.

by Anonymousreply 32507/04/2012

The only thing I've ever seen Andrew in was in the awesome teen series Sugar Rush, where he was the son of two gay dads. He also had a crush on the lesbian main character, who eventually stole his character's dog and tied it to a light pole on a busy street. Poor Vanessa never saw her owner again.

by Anonymousreply 32607/04/2012

so when will this poor excuse for a relationship end.?and who in their right mind will be surprised.

by Anonymousreply 32707/06/2012

[quote]As the press tour for The Amazing Spider-Man hits full speed, you'd be forgiven for guessing that stars Andrew Garfield and Emma Stone have been taking cues from another blockbuster franchise couple: All of the fame-fearing interview quotes and anguished relationship denials we get on the regular from Garfield and Stone recall no one more than Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart, who've trod similar territory as the leads of Twilight. In fact, the two couples' media-wary sensibilities, paranoid tendencies, and perpetual self-effacement are so similar that Vulture thought it might make for a fun quiz. Below are fifteen angst-ridden quotes to the press given by Pattinson, Stewart, Garfield, or Stone. Can you figure out who said what?

by Anonymousreply 32807/06/2012

321 & 325 - I've only recently seen him like on Leno and such and didn't think he looked any thinner than normal. He barely has any body fat to speak of as it is. Do you think he's ill or just stressed out?

by Anonymousreply 32907/08/2012

W&W R320.

by Anonymousreply 33007/08/2012

You people are dum he is not gay! besides he is my cousin!!

by Anonymousreply 33107/13/2012

Based on the pure craziness and unbelievability of Andrews bearding routine, I'm guessing his publicist is one of those hardened, coke snorting types, who very much lives in a world of self made fear and fantasy.

by Anonymousreply 33207/13/2012

Apparently the huffing started early today.

by Anonymousreply 33307/13/2012

hey guess what he is as striaht as an arrow so shut up who ever is out there posting stuff like this it is rude and annoying. what if andrew saw this he would feel bad and it would be because of all of you kids out there. treat others the way you want to be treated or you will get hurt.

by Anonymousreply 33407/13/2012

he is as stiraght as an arrow. and this is just rude what you kids are doing to poor andrew he is trying to live his movie star life and you guys are putting him down. treat others the way you want to be treated otherwise in the end you'll get hurt.

by Anonymousreply 33507/13/2012

R334 and 335 you really didn't need to repeat that twice,we get the message and it's bull.

by Anonymousreply 33607/13/2012

He's got tard face real bad.

by Anonymousreply 33707/13/2012

Wtf is wrong with you people, Andrew Garfield is NOT gay, ye really need to shut up. It's none of your business whether or not he is gay, (even though he is not). Stay out of his personal life. And I also don't know why ye would say that he is ugly, ye might not like him but that doesn't make him ugly. infact I think he is the sexiest guy I have ever seen in my life. He is so cute. Just stay out of his persnal life.

by Anonymousreply 33807/13/2012

R338, what are you doing here?

by Anonymousreply 33907/13/2012

I think the dude is straight. Gay dudes who say that guys are straight without any valid proof sound like they are desperate for affirmation, wishing that they could transform other guys into gay. As my gay friend says, misery loves company, even if it's not true. Have some respect for yourself and others and stop projecting.

by Anonymousreply 34007/14/2012

Who let the straight teenaged tards in?

by Anonymousreply 34107/14/2012

[quote]Gay dudes who say that guys are straight without any valid proof sound like they are desperate for affirmation

I think you meant to use the word 'gay' in the place where you used the word 'straight', but you don't sound like the brightest bulb anyway.

by Anonymousreply 34207/14/2012

wow who let the retard fangirls in.?please close the door on your way out thank you.

by Anonymousreply 34307/14/2012

He is STRAIGHT. He fucks chicks all the time and cums bucets inside them. I'm surprised he doesn't have tons of illegitimates runnng around with all the pussy he nails ... and he nails it HARD.

by Anonymousreply 34407/14/2012

R344 LOL

by Anonymousreply 34507/15/2012

does anyone else here see the pattern with these "straight teenage posters"? e.g. none of them seem to have passed the second grade as so far every post they've made has consisted of very poor spelling & even worse sentence structure?

please straight trolls, gently remove the giant dildos stuck up your cunts & crawl out of your mothers' basements into the real world. that boy is gay gay GAYER than a goddamned goose. i know your vaginas stink & the fumes coming up from under there are toxic, but that is no excuse to let the putrid smells cloud your (admittedly ALWAYS poor) judgements :} shame on you bitches *condescendingly shakes head back & forth*

by Anonymousreply 34607/18/2012

Bad at convincing the public he is straight means Andrew is also a bad actor in general.

by Anonymousreply 34707/18/2012

R346, that was gross. Did you really need to be so graphic?

by Anonymousreply 34807/18/2012

He lagustas hairy rear end hole

by Anonymousreply 34907/18/2012

I don't know which Andrew Garfield everyone else is referring to, because this one has to be one of the most attractive people I've ever seen. I seriously couldn't focus on the plot of Spiderman because I was too distracted by how beautiful he is.

by Anonymousreply 35007/18/2012

R346 Very accurate.

by Anonymousreply 35107/18/2012

I thought he was gay but do you really think he has a lot of female fans?

by Anonymousreply 35207/18/2012

R352 check out tumblr.

by Anonymousreply 35307/18/2012

A lot of his females fans WANT him to be gay. There's a whole lot of Jesse/Andrew slash fans out there.

In fact I would say all of Andrew's fans seem to be either female or gay. I don't think most straight men give him two thoughts.

by Anonymousreply 35407/18/2012

R354, I would say that's fairly accurate.

by Anonymousreply 35507/18/2012

I'm not sure who he would appeal to? I think he's cute but I'm wondering, would it be the same set of girls who would like the little creep, Beiber?

by Anonymousreply 35607/18/2012

R356, no, not at all. It's more the set of girls that would go for Jesse Eisenberg.

The Justin Beiber crowd is younger and more boy band inclined.

The Andrew Garfield crowd is a bit older, though still young, and likes fey geeks and Brits.

by Anonymousreply 35707/18/2012

[quote]this one has to be one of the most attractive people I've ever seen. I seriously couldn't focus on the plot of Spiderman because I was too distracted by how beautiful he is.

MARY!

by Anonymousreply 35807/18/2012

Met him when I interned for a mag. Gave an emotionally needy vibe more than anything else. Had a girlfriend. Was weird like most in the industry are. Maybe he'll hop over the fence, maybe he won't.

by Anonymousreply 35907/18/2012

[quote]Maybe he'll hop over the fence, maybe he won't.

The fence? You mean cross over from bi to gay?

by Anonymousreply 36007/18/2012

R359 more please

by Anonymousreply 36107/19/2012

You guys are poops. Andrew Garfield is the hottest thing around. And why would you say he's gay based on pictures of him with a girl?

by Anonymousreply 36207/23/2012

I think he's gay because...he's gay.

by Anonymousreply 36307/23/2012

where is our favourite closet case.?i haven't seen him or his beard for a while.

by Anonymousreply 36407/27/2012

They're taking a break from Spiderman promotion.

by Anonymousreply 36507/27/2012

seems a little fishy now that the movie is in theatres we don't get all the "candids" anymore

by Anonymousreply 36607/27/2012

Maybe Andrew is comforting Robert Pattinson.

by Anonymousreply 36707/27/2012

Who cares? He's not sleeping with you anyway.

by Anonymousreply 36807/27/2012

I love Andrew Garfield so much!!

by Anonymousreply 36907/27/2012

the studio are probably planning the "break up" story as we speak.

by Anonymousreply 37007/28/2012

I think Andrew and Rob should try to cheer each other up. I'll pray for them...

by Anonymousreply 37107/28/2012

afaik andrew is bisexual, he had a longtime relationship with comedian simon amstell before he dated shannon

by Anonymousreply 37207/28/2012

Andrew Garfield can't speak right now because he has Robert Pattinson's cock half-way down his throat.

He's comforting Rob after his break-up with Kristen.

by Anonymousreply 37307/28/2012

R372, interesting, do you know this through friends or just the internet?

Is it one person with the Andrew Garfield/Robert Pattinson fantasy posting repeatedly or are there multiple people?

by Anonymousreply 37407/28/2012

The Pattinson/Garfield troll sounds like a 14 year old girl who's obsessed with writing real person slash fanfiction.

I wish she'd give it a rest.

by Anonymousreply 37507/28/2012

R375, you are a nuisance - go away. There are many of us here who like to have fun with the idea of Robert and Andrew being together.

by Anonymousreply 37607/28/2012

See. R376=fangurl writing real person slash.

by Anonymousreply 37707/28/2012

Simon Amstell kind of reminds me of Jessie Eisenberg.

by Anonymousreply 37807/28/2012

Maybe that's the type of guy Andrew likes, R378. He was certainly infatuated with Jessie.

by Anonymousreply 37907/28/2012

r372 here, i know it because russell brand spoke about it at one of his comedy shows i went to. he then proceeded to berate bisexual men but at least he dropped that little gem.

somewhere there's a radio clip of russell talking about how he thinks simon's boyfriend is beautiful etc and when he told us about andrew and simon he was expanding upon that.

by Anonymousreply 38007/28/2012

Russell Brand outed Andrew Garfield as bi ?

by Anonymousreply 38107/28/2012

he mentioned it in passing and as he was newly sober and had a terrible reputation i suppose he felt comfortable doing so

i doubt he anticipated andrew would go on to become a mainstream name

by Anonymousreply 38207/28/2012

What year was this, R382?

by Anonymousreply 38307/28/2012

I saw the film last week finally. He can act; I think he's a good choice for Spidey. I never watched the Tobey versions of it. Rhys Ifans chews the scenery to perfection too as a mad scientist.

Now that I've seen him act, I think he's pretty convincing as a straight boy. His Spidey emotes, dude, and clings to his loved ones (Sally Field and Martin Sheen).

So, either way, it doesn't matter. He's doing his job. He almost manages to make the tired old comic book cliches seem fresh. He looks much better in motion!

by Anonymousreply 38407/28/2012

when did russell brand out him, what year?

by Anonymousreply 38507/30/2012

R382 Link please

by Anonymousreply 38607/30/2012

According to ONTD Andrew and Emma are on vacation in South East Asia. And he finally cut off that ridiculous bouffant hairdo.

by Anonymousreply 38707/31/2012

I thought they had supposedly broken up.

by Anonymousreply 38807/31/2012

Are they promoting the film over there.??

by Anonymousreply 38908/01/2012

No, all promotion is done.

by Anonymousreply 39008/01/2012

R380, this radio clip?

by Anonymousreply 39108/01/2012

Wow, you darling queens on here sure know how to make gossip hurt! So Andrew is dating a girl butr he "pings" to you with your psychic powers so he must be gay. I have found that many gay folks WANT others to be gay when they are not, either cuz they have crushes on them or cuz they are jealous of them. If he's dating a girl and identifies as British, let him be. "Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar." Sheesh.

by Anonymousreply 39208/01/2012

I seriously doubt that R392 men say he's gay because he's gay that's why.

by Anonymousreply 39308/01/2012

He "pings" and looks awkward in his photos and that makes him "gay because he's gay." No. It really does come off as wishing he was gay or jealousy, or both.

by Anonymousreply 39408/01/2012

He pings to high heavens, so it's hard to know for sure.

But if he is gay then he's very much into bearding since he not only has his current girlfriend, Emma Stone, but was also with Shannon Woodward when he won the BAFTA a few years ago. I think he kissed her and thanked her at the time.

by Anonymousreply 39508/01/2012

The Amazing Spider-Man had like zero cultural impact. Not a flop, but no1curr.

by Anonymousreply 39608/01/2012

Welp he says he's straight he dating a woman. If he wanted to be gay. He would be with a man. Not dating females.

I agree with 392. Not everyone is gay. According to DL everyone is gay. I believe alot of people are just not everybody.

by Anonymousreply 39708/01/2012

Any more pictures of this "vacation".??

by Anonymousreply 39808/05/2012

Here you go, r398!

by Anonymousreply 39908/05/2012

Welp? no1curr?

Go back to ONTD girls.

by Anonymousreply 40008/05/2012

Andrew and Emma always look so awkward and uncomfortable in their photos. It must be love!

by Anonymousreply 40108/05/2012

I heard marc webb won't be coming back for the sequel.is this true.??

by Anonymousreply 40208/06/2012

you find out most Male Stars celebs pretend and keep it in the closet.

they do not want to ruin their image.

Andrew does like to get drunk and party's and let his cock out.

by Anonymousreply 40308/11/2012

How do you know?

by Anonymousreply 40408/12/2012

Yet more awkward and fake andrew/emma pictures. just give it up already you are fooling no'one.

by Anonymousreply 40508/16/2012

which photos?

by Anonymousreply 40608/16/2012

Perhaps r405 means these photos?

by Anonymousreply 40708/16/2012

He definitely pings here, yes?

by Anonymousreply 40808/16/2012

Yes those are the ones sorry i didn't link them.i don't know how.!!

by Anonymousreply 40908/16/2012

Emma Stone And Andrew Garfield Get Caught Speeding

by Anonymousreply 41008/18/2012

publicity stunt. major fail.!!

by Anonymousreply 41108/18/2012

Were they supposed to get caught having sex in the car?

by Anonymousreply 41208/18/2012

I wonder what spidey got for his birthday today.??

by Anonymousreply 41308/20/2012

Those two lovebirds must've been trying to outrun the paps and got nabbed for it!

by Anonymousreply 41408/20/2012

He's 29. I hope he finds some adult parts soon because I actually think he's a pretty good actor.

by Anonymousreply 41508/20/2012

414 Leave them alone you beasts.!!

by Anonymousreply 41608/21/2012

Here is the happy couple out to celebrate Andrew's birthday. They look positively miserable.

by Anonymousreply 41708/21/2012

wow they look so happy and so in love.!!give it up guys the stunt ain't working.!

by Anonymousreply 41808/22/2012

This latest set of photos is interesting. If you scroll down the page past all the kissy-kissy photos of Andrew and Emma, you'll see that they were not alone on this beach outing, rather it appears they were with a group of men. Hmmmm.....

by Anonymousreply 41908/23/2012

R419 when emma stone is the only woman in a group of men you know none of them are interested in females.

by Anonymousreply 42008/24/2012

Some new photos came out today.

He looks loads happier here than in any of his photos with Emma.

by Anonymousreply 42108/24/2012

Who is the guy he's with?

Gay? He kind of pings.

by Anonymousreply 42208/24/2012

Don't buy them for a second. He pings, and if anything, she pings even harder.

I genuinely like them both though.

by Anonymousreply 42308/24/2012

R421 Is that a new fuckbuddy.??

by Anonymousreply 42408/25/2012

R421's photo comes from a whole set of photos. Appears they were on some kind of outing with friends.

by Anonymousreply 42508/25/2012

Here's a set that must show them much later the same day. That guy is still with them in one of the shots.

by Anonymousreply 42608/25/2012

Here's some video of them at Disneyland. Looks like they weren't alone, but with some other men...again. Are they bodyguards/assistants? Or Andrew's gay posse? The guy with the beard is there too.

by Anonymousreply 42708/26/2012

The showmance must go on it seems.how truly desperate they must be to sell this sham.!!

by Anonymousreply 42808/26/2012

If you look at Garfield with his last girlfriend and compare it to this one with Stone, this one is incredibly weird on the surface.

I don't think E & A's relationship, whatever it may be, was forced upon them by external sources. However, they both seem really deluded. No way something's not off. For what it's worth, I think Garfield is bi and knows it, and Stone is straight.

Does anyone know if Andrew still smokes cigarettes? I couldn't tell if he was holding a lighter or a phone in one of those sets.

by Anonymousreply 42908/26/2012

I believe Andrew used to smoke, but quit to get in shape for Spider-man.

by Anonymousreply 43008/27/2012

[quote]If you look at Garfield with his last girlfriend and compare it to this one with Stone, this one is incredibly weird on the surface.

What do you think is the difference? I don't know too much about how he acted with Shannon Woodward, except Shannon is incredibly butch (but straight). She's more butch than Emma.

by Anonymousreply 43108/27/2012

He looks very awkward and uncomfortable.

by Anonymousreply 43208/27/2012

He definitely pings, no question about that.

I read somewhere that there are many more sightings of Emma and Andrew that end up on Tumblr or Twitter where they aren't being followed by paps. But there's no doubt their relationship comes across as very stagey.

by Anonymousreply 43308/27/2012

R431, Shannon Woodward is categorically not "butch." I have NO CLUE where people get that idea from, except maybe the photos of that day she was hanging out with Rob Pattinson, wearing a really tomboyish outfit. Which is a ridiculous basis...

Anyway, Andrew and Shannon looked more like...well...a real couple. When I see his matchup with Stone, whatever it is, I get the feeling like it's going to eventually drive her to overdose, and push him over the edge into irrecoverable sociopathdom.

by Anonymousreply 43408/27/2012

Between AG appearing on Bway (to rave reviews) and his success with SPIDERMAN, one inescapable fact remains....

Outide of DL, Garfield is greeted worldwide with deafening silence. And stifled yawns.

No one cares about AG. He is a decent actor but a failure as a Hollywood star. No one cares about he and Stone (whose 15 minutes are ticking off fast). He is not a sex symbol, or the subject of young girls' fantasies.

Garfield will never be a true A-list star.

by Anonymousreply 43508/27/2012

wherever they go they are followed by the paps and always in really high profile places like nobu,the four seasons,disneyland.etc.because their publicist set it up only a tween would think otherwise.

by Anonymousreply 43608/27/2012

R435: Yeah. I mean, I'm not sure where he's going to be cast. No doubt he has enough skill to play a fair number of characters decently, but Hollywood increasingly doesn't care about that. He doesn't quite fit one formula or another (and will not age into leading man-type looks). So there may be a bunch of character acting and supporting roles he could do, but it might be tricky after having done Spiderman. Meanwhile, because of Spiderman, he was not really building any other cred.

by Anonymousreply 43708/27/2012

He's good enough to be a character actor. No, he probably won't be an A-list leading man, but he could still have a longer career than a typical, boring, tween pin-up (like Robert Pattinson).

And Shannon isn't exactly femme.

by Anonymousreply 43808/27/2012

I maintain that Shannon is as at least as femme as the average woman. Maybe even more so, as occasionally wearing dresses and skirts is a significant booster of one's overall femme score in this era.

by Anonymousreply 43908/27/2012

Just because you wear a dress doesn't mean you look feminine in one.

by Anonymousreply 44008/27/2012

Word, R440!

by Anonymousreply 44108/27/2012

Well, let me turn the tables for once. I'm too interested now.

Everyone: what is it that makes Shannon masculine? Please try to support your answer with data from either seeing her in real life or in recorded interviews.

by Anonymousreply 44208/27/2012

What makes any woman butch? Their look, their clothes, their way of carrying themselves, their mannerisms.

I admit I have not seen this Shannon woman speak, but overall she is a bit on the butch/masculine side. To say the least. Especially juxtaposed next to Katy Perry.

Shannon does remind me of Kristen Stewart, frankly.

by Anonymousreply 44308/27/2012

I wouldn't say butch, she's offbeat.

by Anonymousreply 44408/27/2012

Andrew had to upgrade his girlfriend if he wanted an A-list career. Getting papped with Emma is good PR. The fangurls at ONTD love them.

by Anonymousreply 44508/27/2012

Yeah, but some of them also find them tiresome or weird together.

by Anonymousreply 44608/27/2012

Trouble in "paradise"?

by Anonymousreply 44709/09/2012

Andrew *very* frugal? The Hollywood hipster getup ain't cheap...

by Anonymousreply 44809/09/2012

Andrew is a Jewish boy. Nothing wrong with being careful about his money.

by Anonymousreply 44909/09/2012

Trying to end the showmance it seems.watch this space i say.

by Anonymousreply 45009/10/2012

R450= Yoda????

I dunno if that story about finances would be counted an attempt to end it, but I personally don't expect them to last forever. Hmm.

I guess I like them well enough individually--there are worse personalities in Hollywood.

by Anonymousreply 45109/10/2012

R451 They are trying to plant the seed of doubt by making up some bullshit "on the rocks"story.this is just the beginning of these, i predict there will be more by the end of this year.!!

by Anonymousreply 45209/11/2012

I haven't seen this possible "on-the-rocks" story anywhere else, which is odd. It seems to just be on Gossip Cop, who usually responds to rumors already floating around. Who are they trying to rebut here? I definitely agree with R451 that it's a purposely planted seed.

by Anonymousreply 45309/11/2012

I don't think they're breaking up this duo anytime soon. They are scheduled to start shooting the next Spider-Man in a few months.

by Anonymousreply 45409/11/2012

only time will tell.popularity is flagging and spiderman wasn't the big success it was expected to be.!!

by Anonymousreply 45509/11/2012

sing their celebrity status to promote a good cause, Emma Stone and Andrew Garfield got creative after their New York City lunch date on Saturday (September 15).

After the couple realized that paparazzi was waiting for them outside, they created signs in which they held over their faces to send a message.

The signs read: "We just found out that there were paparazzi outside the restaurant we were eating in. So... why not take this opportunity to bring attention to organizations that need and deserve it," followed by links to two charity websites, wwo.org and gildasclubnyc.org.

by Anonymousreply 45609/15/2012

[quote]They are scheduled to start shooting the next Spider-Man in a few months.

Why do we have to have more Spiderman films?

by Anonymousreply 45709/15/2012

R456 when i saw those pictures "desperado" started playing in my head.hands up who here doesn't think they called the paps themselvess

by Anonymousreply 45809/16/2012

Bump

by Anonymousreply 45910/20/2012

Maybe Andrew knows he is working against the clock and will eventually be outed, so he is banking his money for the lean years ahead.

by Anonymousreply 46010/21/2012

why do you guys think that almost every actor is gay? if they were ugly you all wouldnt care! wie armselig!

by Anonymousreply 46210/31/2012

Or, R461, he just passed his late 20s peak on schedule. Gawd.

Although, maybe there's underlying stress between him and Emma. She hasn't looked so well since getting together with him. Andrew and Shannon looked more natural.

by Anonymousreply 46310/31/2012

English men usually hit the wall by 30 (or even earlier)

by Anonymousreply 46410/31/2012

Did he have a slight rhinoplasty? Sometime before he became famous, I mean.

by Anonymousreply 46510/31/2012

What English guys hit the wall at 30? Hugh Grant hasn't changed ever. Liam Neeson is one hot daddy - though maybe he is something other than English? Alan Rickman hit the wall - well, at least turned somewhat chubby and old - post 50... BS English bashing.

Ok Prince William.

by Anonymousreply 46610/31/2012

R463 stress of living a lie can cause many problems

by Anonymousreply 46711/01/2012

To be fair, most people live multiple lies. But he looks like he's aging normally to me. Most faces seem to morph in the mid to late 20s.

...Besides, OP, he had kind of different makeup in The Social Network. I can't recall many times when I've seen him look like Eduardo Saverin whilst out and about.

by Anonymousreply 46811/01/2012

R468 I meant the stress of living a lie has took it's toll on emma the most.

He looked really healthy and happy at the tsn premieres and during award season,now he just looks a mess.

by Anonymousreply 46911/02/2012

"has took it's toll...."

Two for one, oh, dears.

by Anonymousreply 47011/02/2012

Love Andrew, but never believed his relationship with Emma. Though, they were great together in Spider-Man.

by Anonymousreply 47111/02/2012

R470 whatever

by Anonymousreply 47211/04/2012

They seem slightly more real than the obvious bearding relationship between KStew and Rpatz (which isn't saying much, I know).

by Anonymousreply 47311/04/2012

I'd bet anything that RP/KS aren't bearding. They've been catering to Summit.

I think Andrew and Emma really are together in some kind of emotional way or another, but they're showy......and both quickly started to look unhealthy (losing tons of weight each, etc.). Maybe it's just a coincidence, but who knows.

by Anonymousreply 47411/04/2012

R474 who let the fangirls back in.!!

Both these "couples"are fake and bearding,i sense no chemistry,no sexual tension,nothing but a business contract.!!

by Anonymousreply 47511/05/2012

R475, I'm literally about as far from a fangirl as you can get. You're probably closer, what with your ".!!" punctuation.

Yes, Rob and Kristen are fake. No, I don't think their operation has anything to do with gayness.

Andrew/Emma seem like they have or had some kind of strong emotional attachment, regardless of its nature. But it presents to me as one of those questionable things that reaches for more than it can. We'll see.

For the record, you never know if Garfield might be at least bi and "out" to his family and friends, including Emma. It's not out of the question. If I ever truly bearded with someone, I don't think I would want to spend so much time hanging out with my beard's mom in addition to my beard. And if I were a beard, I wouldn't want to drag my mom into it so often. That's just one example.

by Anonymousreply 47611/05/2012

R476 This is the last thing i will add to this sad argument.

can you please explain to me why you think they have/had a great strong emotional connection.

by Anonymousreply 47711/07/2012

In many cases, closeted gay actors, like Andrew Garfield, do form emotional bonds with their beards. Particularly more femme guys are inclined towards this.

by Anonymousreply 47811/09/2012

Andrew likes the ladies all right...as friends!

by Anonymousreply 47911/09/2012

If he's completely gay, and if it's true that he's bearding, it's recent (as of less than two years ago) and it started with Stone. Because he was in an actual relationship with a woman for around 4 years prior to that. I vote long-time bi, secretly prefers men.

by Anonymousreply 48011/09/2012

That Shannon Woodward girl? She's gross.

That said, he certainly dropped her like a bad habit once he got the Spiderman gig.

by Anonymousreply 48111/09/2012

Oh my.

by Anonymousreply 48211/13/2012

As someone in TV, I can't help but be most concerned about how his lav cable is showing during the belly dance.

by Anonymousreply 48311/13/2012

Actually, watching Andrew dance was fun. He was pretty good and showed a sense of humor about himself.

by Anonymousreply 48411/13/2012

I was amused they talked about his beard and Emma in the same clip.

The vogue dance bit was pretty good.

by Anonymousreply 48511/14/2012

R485 me too it's almost like they were trying to tell us something.

by Anonymousreply 48611/14/2012

His reaction to Ellen's beard comment was quite amusing.

by Anonymousreply 48711/14/2012

I think he looks kind of sweet with facial hair. No, it's not the ideal of a great beard, but it adds more whimsicality to his face when he grins.

by Anonymousreply 48811/14/2012

I like my twinks clean shaving.

by Anonymousreply 48911/15/2012

I like him and his beard. She was good in Superbad and Zombieland.

by Anonymousreply 49011/15/2012

Ugh when will the Garfield/Eisenberg shippers let go? It's been time for 2 years.

by Anonymousreply 49111/15/2012

I don't think he is gay. Maybe he is just bi.

by Anonymousreply 49211/15/2012

Has andrew done any gay roles.?

by Anonymousreply 49311/21/2012

Well most gay actors play a gay character when they are younger so they have the internet saturated with rumors fan girls think are because of the gay role they played.

by Anonymousreply 49412/02/2012

I'm betting he'll hook up with Shailene Woodley.

Actually, I'm betting Dane will have an extramarital fling with Shailene (because she's young, fresh meat), then Dane will feel guilty about cheating and break it off. Then Shailene will go running, sobbing into the arms of Andrew, who had been nice-guy flirting with her for the entire time, and borderline emotionally cheating on Emma with her (like he apparently did to his last girlfriend). And they'll move in together and then break up at some point.

CALLING. IT. NOW. So what if it describes what happens on 98% of all film shoots.

by Anonymousreply 49512/05/2012

R495 I think you've got it just right.

I can see the us weekly cover all planned out.

by Anonymousreply 49612/08/2012

Bump

by Anonymousreply 49712/23/2012

If I could I'd start a new thread. Instead, I'm just bumping this old one to post this article:

"Andrew Garfield Doesn't Want to Talk About His Beard"

by Anonymousreply 49809/09/2014

Wasn't he one of our presidents?

by Anonymousreply 49909/09/2014

Garfield with his real lover? I think we all know who's the top.

by Anonymousreply 50005/25/2015

After going back to the beard i doubt he will ever come out now.!

by Anonymousreply 50105/25/2015

Thanks r500 for that link. I just posted something over on the "they're taking a break" thread. Didn't see this thread here otherwise I would've posted here. Anyhoo...maybe this is why he and Emma are still "dating"?

by Anonymousreply 50205/25/2015

Couldn't he find a better-looking guy than that, R500?

by Anonymousreply 50305/25/2015

I doubt their arrangement is going to last very long. Their publicists know that fraus adore them as a pairing so they probably worked out a new deal. They even went the Cavill-Cuoco route by having the paps catch them shopping for groceries to show just how united they are now that they're "back together".

by Anonymousreply 50405/25/2015

R503 He's wearing sunglasses, but he doesn't seem so bad.

by Anonymousreply 50505/25/2015

She has two movies out this summer that are going to be critical bombs, she needs some deflection.

by Anonymousreply 50605/25/2015

Their PRomance has been the only salvageable aspect of the Spiderman reboot debacle. Too bad they were cut before getting to be associated with Marvel's version. Makes sense for them to milk whatever popularity they have, especially since they don't have much else going on.

by Anonymousreply 50705/25/2015

R507, her character died in the last one (I don't give a shit if it is a spoiler because the movie stunk and I saw it for free) and he was so terrible he was replaced. Anna Paquin as Rogue bad.

by Anonymousreply 50805/25/2015

bumpity bump

by Anonymousreply 50905/26/2015

There has never been any proof that this guy is gay.

by Anonymousreply 51005/26/2015

R507, Garfield is starting his 30s leading semi-epics by Scorsese and Mel Gibson.

by Anonymousreply 51105/26/2015

R510 has accidentally wandered onto a GOSSIP board from her patchwork quilt MB.

Fuck off, Aunt Jenny.

by Anonymousreply 51205/26/2015

R512, I'm sitting here knitting a sweater and you haven't produced any evidence to prove that this guy is gay.

by Anonymousreply 51305/26/2015

Look, we already know what his deal is and we're discussing him. We're not here to provide evidence for clueless fraus. Do a search yourself, you stupid cunt.

by Anonymousreply 51405/26/2015

[quote]There has never been any proof that this guy is gay.

There's not usually "proof" until the celeb in question finally comes out, I agree.

But there are often many clues. And Garfield pings to high heavens.

Almost as much as Taylor Lautner.

by Anonymousreply 51505/26/2015
Need more help? Click Here.