Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Katy Perry’s Father Goes on Weird Rant About Jews In His Sermon

Keith Hudson told hundreds of worshippers: "You know how to make the Jew jealous? Have some money, honey.

"You go to LA and they own all the Rolex and diamond places. Walk down a part of LA where we live and it is so rich it smells. You ever smell rich? They are all Jews, hallelujah. Amen."

His sick blast came in a sermon where he also spoke about pop singer Katy, 27.

He said: "People say 'How is it you have a daughter raised in the church and she sang 'I kissed a girl and liked it'? I say 'I don't know'."

Keith and wife Mary, both 63, gave their first services at Church on the Rise in Westlake, Ohio, since Katy and Russell Brand, 36, announced their divorce.

Later there was a collection for the Hudsons.

Keith added: "We live by the Gospel, not off anyone else, even though you may say 'You are the parents of Katy Perry, you must be rich.' No, she is, I am not, hallelujah."

by Anonymousreply 11211/28/2012

Don't leave us hanging, OP. What was the weird part?

by Anonymousreply 101/07/2012

by Anonymousreply 301/07/2012

"And we are walking through the park to the long road that goes up the back of the campus, and we hear the PA first, and then we see the people lined up for their New Year’s Day breakfast—and they are not allowed to get their breakfast until the sermon was ended, and that makes me itchy, but it’s not like I got up on New Year’s Day and went to feed the homeless people, so I cognitive-behavorialize away my annoyance at the man preaching, but still. And the man preaching, as the people shift their weight from one foot to the other, standing in line, has an indeterminate Mittel-European accent—I shall call it “Hungarian”—and then he says this: “The Jews keep all the money, and then they die.”

"And the needle across the record of my brain goes SKEEETTTCH and I stop and turn around and say disbelievingly, “THE JEWS KEEP ALL THE MONEY AND THEN THEY DIE?” and then Paul sort of grabs my arm and drags me forward because I am maybe about to start some shit?

"And if he hadn’t been feeding the homeless people while I wasn’t feeding the homeless people, I would have—but without the actual works in “faith and works,” I had no room to say jack shit."

by Anonymousreply 501/07/2012

Don't you have a Skinhead meeting to attend, R6?

by Anonymousreply 801/07/2012

I wonder if they ever have tender family reunions.

by Anonymousreply 901/07/2012

The whole family is fucked up. Didn't her mother try write a book about her daughter.

I actually feel bad for Katy Perry that her parents are lunatics.

by Anonymousreply 1001/07/2012

Let me try that again: Didn't her mother try to sell a book about her daughter?

by Anonymousreply 1101/07/2012

[quote]Jewish ethnocentrism

R6 - To relieve yourself of your ignorance and, hopefully, make some kind of a dent in your bigotry, you should try to get your hands on "The Longest Hatred," a PBS documentary that aired about 30 years ago. It'll tell you a bit about the Jewish diaspora and historic ostracism and worse by Europe's Christians.

It's kind of hard to Euro or Christian-centric when you are forced century after century to live in segregated communities among your kind and are allowed entry into certain professions only by Christians.

I realize these these are the good ol' days for you, though.

by Anonymousreply 1201/07/2012

Hm... Have these dumbasses forgoten that their beloved J Christ was a Jew???

by Anonymousreply 1301/07/2012

anti-Semites at r6 and r7.

Avoid at ALL costs.

by Anonymousreply 1401/07/2012

Do they preach using a vocorder and Autotune*- like they're daughter?

by Anonymousreply 1501/07/2012

[quote]they're daughter?

Oh, dea're.

by Anonymousreply 1601/07/2012

[quote]Do they preach using a vocorder and Autotune*- like they're daughter?

I think that the father uses the vocoder and the mother uses AutoTune.

by Anonymousreply 1701/07/2012

[quote]He's right, but Jews don't like when non-Jews acknowledge it especially how Jews accumulated all that wealth, status and power through Jewish ethnocentrism. Jews want us to believe their gross achievements were by happenstance, hard work or talent alone.

[quote]Ugh, I love when Jews get defensive instead of owning their shit. Face it, you're a very particular subculture with some consistently nasty traits. This opinion is based on EXPERIENCE. Not innate prejudice.

The love of money is the core value of American culture, yet somehow it is a Jewish problem. Fascinating.

by Anonymousreply 1901/07/2012

R20 is silly - attacking others for "shutting down the conversation" because they dare to criticize his bigoted beliefs.

People who say that it's just the Jews who are obsessed with money are hilarious. EVERYONE is obsessed with money.

Right-wingers attack the Jews for being obsessed with money but they will cheerlead for millionaires like the Bushes and Mitt Romney.

by Anonymousreply 2101/07/2012

[quote]The laws against Jews in Europe

The laws against Jews in Europe were to first take loans from them, since Christians were forbidden to lend money by usury laws. Then, when kings and aristocrats were deeply in debt to the Jews, the men in power would churn up hatred against Jews and get them killed or kicked out of the country so that they wouldn't have to repay the loans they'd taken.

by Anonymousreply 2201/07/2012

And I'm sure there is NOBODY on Katy's team that is Jewish or offended by her moronic father's ranting.

by Anonymousreply 2301/07/2012

um and what about white, christian tendencies for accumulating wealth and power?

by Anonymousreply 2401/07/2012

[quote]As the story tells, Joseph lived in Egypt, a non-Hebrew place, and accumulated vast wealth, status and power there by storing grain the Egyptians harvested. When faminine comes Joseph works to enslave the Egyptian people by taking away their possessions one-by-one because of their desperation to avoid starving to death and to pay off debt. During the faminine Joseph sells Egyptian's grain to his brothers and has the money that they give to him secretly brought back to them so the grain is free. Jewish ethnocentrism is as old as time.

That may be how "the story tells" at Klan meetings, but it is not the story told in the Bible.

by Anonymousreply 2501/07/2012

Westlake has a very high consenctration of middle eastern doctors and lawyers. Agnostic churches everywhere. He is apparently pandering to his audience.

by Anonymousreply 2601/07/2012

First of all, he story of Joseph,while perhaps based on fragments of long-ago history, is a biblical myth, not the story of an actual person. Second, even if it was the story of an actual person, he was just a single person and his behavior was extraordinary, not typical. Interpreting the story as a lesson about the nature of Jews in general is absurd

The story, of course, comes from the Jewish bible so it should be obvious that the meaning of the story is not "Jews are greedy evil people who favor their own and cheat Arabs."

Joseph becomes the head of the Egyptian government because his talents are recognized and appreciated by the Pharaoh. His power and wealth were not derived from storing grain. They came before. What he does in storing grain he does for the nation, not for his personal gain. His lesson was that in times of plenty the government should store surplus grain so that in times of famine there would be food.

And famine does come--seven years of famine. Yes, the people became poor without any food being grown. Any economy would collapse under such dire conditions. But the Egyptian people did not starve to death as the people of neighboring nations, because their government had the foresight to store massive quantities of grain. They were not enslaved by Joseph, they were saved by him.

His brothers, who had sold him into slavery as a child, come to Egypt to buy grain since there is no grain in their land. Yes--he is guilty of giving his brothers grain without making them pay. Most people interpret this as a lesson about forgiveness and the importance of family ties. Only a mind twisted by hatred would interpret this as an example of Jewish "ethnocentrism" which I assume from your diatribe you think means some kind of unusual plot to enrich Jews at the expense of non-Jews.

by Anonymousreply 2801/07/2012

R27 - If you believe the story you told about Joseph then why don't you either a) point out where your details came from in the bible, or b) provide a reference. If a), explain why you use the bible as a sound historical reference.

by Anonymousreply 2901/07/2012

R26, there are agnostic churches? Is that the Unitarians?

by Anonymousreply 3001/07/2012

Isn't envy (jealousy) a sin? His rant is full of whining about what they have, what he wants, and what they won't give him without a fight.

by Anonymousreply 3101/07/2012

A lack of accomplishment by elements of the right wing, including many members of the Tea Party, has led to a raging inferiority complex laced with anger at a world they perceive to have conspired against them to keep them down. They're manipulated easily manipulated by TBTB. It is easier to fall prey to envy and hate than it is to reflect upon their own sitation.

by Anonymousreply 3401/07/2012

32, it's the good ol' whatever the Republican accuse others of the Republicans did it with great joy.

by Anonymousreply 3501/07/2012

to the moron who said Jesus was Jewish and then got wise, that never happened he was Jewish when he was born and WHEN he died! He would be shock at what has come to be.

by Anonymousreply 3801/07/2012

R32 = wrongheaded Lindy again

by Anonymousreply 3901/07/2012

R36/37 - Once you learn some debating skills, then get back to us, OK? Making unsubstantiated claims does not make them so. Referring someone to the millions of Jewish-related comments on Move On's or the Huffington Post's websites is not debate. Refusing to answer questions or engage substantively is not debate.

How do anti-Semites like yourself define debate?

by Anonymousreply 4001/07/2012

Makes me especially sad to see jew hating and ignorance on a gay board. I just don't get it.

by Anonymousreply 4101/07/2012

I totally agree r41

by Anonymousreply 4201/07/2012

r43 why is that LOL????

by Anonymousreply 4401/07/2012

[quote] Westlake, Ohio

Say no more. Says it all.

by Anonymousreply 4601/07/2012

Keep your scummy links to yourself, r47.

by Anonymousreply 4801/07/2012

Let me translate R36: Unless you subscribe to the Likudnik lunacy of Israel Firsters like Pamela Gellar and Alan Dershowitz, you're essentially Hitler. Everything Israel does is to "defend" itself. Don't challenge *anything* Israel does because you're really doing it out of hatred for Jews. There is no difference between hatred of Israel's policies and the rantings of an idiot like Perry's father. This is the point where I will also bring up what other Middle Eastern countries do, so as to diminish Israel's behavior and convince myself you love places like S. Arabia and NEVER criticize them - which proves you're an anti-semite.

Am I close? I mean that is what you meant by: [quote]check out or huff post comments on Israel and Jews

Perry's father is an antisemitic moron, but people like R36 are such insufferable douchebags when they attempt to conflate legitimate criticism of Israel with the idiocy of people like Perry.

by Anonymousreply 4901/07/2012

No wonder. Russell Brand is divorcing his anti.Semitic in laws

by Anonymousreply 5001/07/2012

No, r49, huffpost is infamous for allowing jew-bashing comments to stand without deletion. And, no, I am not referring to comments which are simply critical of Israel, but to classic tropes which could have been cut and pasted from the Protocols of the Elders of Zion.

by Anonymousreply 5101/07/2012

The fact that r49 equates Alan Dershowitz with Pamela Geller tells you all you need to know about him.

by Anonymousreply 5201/07/2012

You know, when you are raised by crazy people, say, I was raised by crazy people but I still love them. You can love them but be honest about their illness.

by Anonymousreply 5301/07/2012

I'm a radical liberal, I'll tell you who I hate. Exxon, BP, BoA, Hallieburton, GE, Bush and company and the country of Israel. It never matters what your ethnic background is, it matters, what you do.

by Anonymousreply 5401/07/2012

It's not the Jews he hates, it's the Edomites. Too bad he apparently doesn't know enough biblical history to tell the difference.

by Anonymousreply 5501/07/2012

No wonder Brand wanted out of there, Katy has one seriously fucked up family.

by Anonymousreply 5601/07/2012

[quote]I'm a radical liberal

In your dreams, r54.

Any other countries you hate? Or just the Jewish one?

by Anonymousreply 5701/07/2012

Isn't it interesting he can't be bothered to hate Saudi Arabia, which still allows slavery, practices religious and gender apartheid, bombs villages in neighboring Yemen, suppresses protest and criminalizes homosexuality?

by Anonymousreply 5801/07/2012

I hate my own coutry. Of course you like to assume I'm anti-semetic. Did you ever consider the fact that I hate Israel and the USA because they are bullies? They say they are better, they say they deserve to have all the nuclear weapons...because they are more responsible. Please! Two countries owned by corporations and oil barrons. I don't the have time nor the energy to hate Iran or Saudi Arabia, I'll hate the countries I choose, if you don't mind.

by Anonymousreply 5901/07/2012

Sorry, r59, but there's simply no sensible reason for a self-proclaimed liberal to hate a democracy where minority rights are protected, but not hate Iran or Saudi Arabia.

The only explantion is bigotry (or extraordinary stupidity).

by Anonymousreply 6001/07/2012

[quote]I don't the have time nor the energy to hate Iran or Saudi Arabia, I'll hate the countries I choose, if you don't mind.

And I'll feel free to point out how interesting it is you can muster the energy to hate Israel and type about it here, but can't be bothered to hate countries which not only bully other countries but particularly bully their homosexual citizens, even going so far as to execute them publicly. How curious.

by Anonymousreply 6101/07/2012

The sad thing is I'm sure R59 is convinced that his hatred of Israel is a principled expression of his political ideals instead of a reflection of an antisemitism so profound that he doesn't even realize it's there.

by Anonymousreply 6201/07/2012

[quote]Stupid cunt, I am Jewish!

I rest my case.

by Anonymousreply 6401/07/2012

Run, Russell, run as fast as you can boy!!!!

by Anonymousreply 6501/07/2012

I really wish webbie would delete this thread. All it's going to do is end in an inevitable flamewar. Isn't that UK paper a tabloid? Perry's father probably didn't even say all that stuff.

R63, et al, let me give you a piece of advice: drop this. Seriously. You're not going to convince anyone and you have no snowball's chance in hell of convincing anyone. That link at R47 for instance (which leads to a lot of dead links) and has a lot of insane propaganda on it which can't possibly be true anyway (I'm referring to the links saying the Holocaust was manufactured, come on, seriously??) You're just going come off as a F&F, loony, Mel Gibson wannabe, whatever. Just let it go.

I'm not saying I believe or disbelieve you because that's neither here nor there - I'm just saying this isn't the place for it. Anyone who disagrees with the US/Israeli relations and practices will be labeled an anti-semite and there's nothing you can do about it. You're not going to change anyone's minds so don't bother posting about it.

I have Jewish friends and not all of them agree with the way things are handled in Israel and the Arab countries, they've told me themselves. (Google the group New York Jews against Zionism). They believe in Judaism, not Zionism and they DON'T consider them to be the same thing. They tell me Judaism is their religion and their belief Jews can co-exist peacefully with people of other races/religions but Zionism is the political activist movement of places like Israel who believe the 'holy lands' are theirs and they must FORCE whatever parties are already living there out by any means necessary (their words, not mine) - and that anyone who doesn't agree is automatically a Jew-hater, anti-semite, whatever. The two are NOT the same thing and not all Jews think they are. I'm guessing you feel the same.

But again, it still doesn't matter because things are as they are in the world and you have no power to change it. Coming here and posting about it is not going to change anything, it'll just make you miserable and frustrated. LET IT GO.

Webmaster, can you please delete this thread?

by Anonymousreply 6701/08/2012

I am no fan of the Israeli government's policies myself. However, if someone says they hate Israel because of human rights violations but doesn't have the time or energy to think about human rights violations in Iran or Saudi Arabia, or reduces the overall repression in those countries to a gay rights issue, there must be a reason. If someone looks at a complex, two-sided conflict and concludes that one side is so evil that concentration camps and torture are appropriate ways to characterize its behavior, there is a reason. Gays are not the only people who demonstrate self-hatred.

by Anonymousreply 6901/08/2012

R67--You are wrong that anyone who criticizes Israel will be labeled an antisemite by any thoughtful participant in a discussion. (Yes--there are trolls on both sides.) However, when they link to something called Jew Watch or when they single out Israel for human rights abuses that they can't be bothered to think about anywhere else, I think it is a pretty good assumption.

BTW--there are many different strains of thought within zionism about how to accommodate the arabs. What you describe is the radical right point of view. Saying it describes zionism as a whole is like saying Ron Paul represents America. The majority of Israelis favor a two-state solution.

by Anonymousreply 7001/08/2012

Thank you, R67. I don't know what the matter is with people, but whoever is posting those ethocentrism comments and the like should really be somewhere else. Sadly, if this thread were about Blacks, it would already be deleted. And rightly so.

by Anonymousreply 7101/08/2012

They will close down this thread because someone wants to tell the truth about Israel. Yes, I know that.

by Anonymousreply 7501/08/2012

[quote]Saudi Arabia didn't bomb the hell out of Iraq, we did.

Saudi Arabia bombed the hell out of Yemen. So, I guess if Arabs kill other Arabs, it's a wash?

[quote]Iran didn't bomb the hell out of Lebanon, Israel did.

Iran funds, supplies and advises Hezbullah, which shelled the hell out of northern Israel and kidnapped Israeli soldiers. Iran has been fucking over Lebanon for many years now. But if Muslims get other Muslims killed, it's a wash?

[quote]Because I hold them to a higher standard.

Because you're a bigot who doesn't think Arabs or Persians can measure up to the standards you set for Jews and Americans.

by Anonymousreply 7601/08/2012

I honestly am in shock people still hold these kind of views in 2012.

Is R77 just some elderly bigot or what?

by Anonymousreply 7801/08/2012

r77 I know! let's reopen the camps and oven!!

by Anonymousreply 7901/08/2012

Or let's just have a currency that isn't debt-based and let's pass laws against lending at double-digit interest.

by Anonymousreply 8001/08/2012

[quote]They have turned their land, into a detention camp and torture them with their tanks and soldiers. It revolts me. I will not shut up about it.

I applaud your pointing out when people are corralled and forced to live like animals. You do these suffering people no good though by blaming one side for their plight. The sad fact is that although it's easy to blame Israel because they have the guns and tanks, the palestinian leadership has repeatedly avoided helping their own people or using $$$ to raise their living standard because they still keep the dream of eliminating israel. The more the palestinians suffer, the closer they get to their goal. Or so they think. And the Israelis are not going to just walk away. So we have a stalemate.

The stalemate is the cause of the suffering. It is not all Israel. Help the palestinians by recognizing this fact. Get informed and get active but understand that your facile Israel-bashing is not going to help anyone.

by Anonymousreply 8101/08/2012

[quote]I applaud your pointing out when people are corralled and forced to live like animals.

It's the Arabs who force the Palestinians to live in camps. It's Abbas who will not let Palestinians move out of the Balata camp in the West Bank. It's the Lebanese who won't let the Palestinians buy property. It's the Jordanians who won't give papers to the Palestinians who left Gaza after 1967.

by Anonymousreply 8201/08/2012

thanks r82 you are confirming my point.

People think the situation -- and it is a horrible one -- is all Israel's doing.

by Anonymousreply 8301/08/2012

Mel Gibson is posting all over this damn thread. Guess he has a lot of free time on his hands now.

by Anonymousreply 8501/08/2012

[quote]Oh...are you saying we don't have the right to critisize Israel for it's human rights abuse?

Not at all. I am saying if the only country you criticize is Israel you are probably an antisemite. And I'd guess 75% of the "I am antizionist not antisemitic' posters here and elsewhere on the web don't give a shit about any oppressed or displaced people in world except the Palestinians and they don't even care about them unless Israel can be blamed.

by Anonymousreply 8601/08/2012

r84 is the same jew hater who posted the link to jewwatch.

I have to ask, r84, were you raised catholic? I was, and it amazes me how much jewhating is rampant in catholicism. Mostly covert but there are plenty of mel gibsons.

The scandals within the church seem to coincide with a rise in jew-hating among catholics. Too painful to look within. Easier to point a finger at the same old scapegoats.

by Anonymousreply 8701/08/2012

Run, Russell, as fast as you can.

by Anonymousreply 8801/08/2012

Jesus was only Jewish on his mother's side of the family.

by Anonymousreply 8901/08/2012

r89, and according to Jewish law, that's the side that counts.

Jesus was Jewish. Deal.

by Anonymousreply 9001/08/2012

[quote]There will come a time in America too when 300 million able bodied people decide they aren't willing to starve to death so that 3 million idle money-lenders can live like kings.

Excellent. Yes. Feel the hatred. Let it permeate your being. It's the Jews. All about the Jews.

by Anonymousreply 9101/08/2012

[quote] Keith Hudson told hundreds of worshippers: "You know how to make the Jew jealous? Have some money, honey.

Who asked him how to make the Jews jealous?

I mean.... I'm not Jewish and I never wonder how to make Jews jealous. Or how to make Chinese or Germans or Episcopalians jealous.

Are there large groups of Christians sitting around wondering how to make Jews jealous?

Cuz that's pretty fucked up.

by Anonymousreply 9301/08/2012

Anyone who thinks that Jews are being paranoid when they talk about American anti-Semitism should give this thread a once-over. Good gracious, people are nuts. No wonder Ron Paul is a contender.

by Anonymousreply 9401/08/2012

Well R86, you would be wrong about me. I actually find more fault with my own country then I do with Israel. I most certainly feel duped by a media that always brought us suicide bombers but never brought up the horrible things the government of Israel was doing to Palestinians. When I was young, I trusted my own government and I trusted that an abused and persecuted people would never allow their government, to abuse and persecute. I was wrong. I know, you prefer to call me anti-Semitic, rather than believe the truth about the government of Israel.

The White Supremacist disgust me and if wishing could make them dead, they would be and by the way, so would Netanyahu.

by Anonymousreply 9501/08/2012

Jesus was also Middle Eastern. Seems his white followers can't deal with that either. Only an idiot would believe he was white.

by Anonymousreply 9601/08/2012

[quote]a media that always brought us suicide bombers but never brought up the horrible things the government of Israel was doing to Palestinians

Does the media bring up the horrible things that other governments are doing to Palestinians?

by Anonymousreply 9801/08/2012

This thread should be closed and deleted.

I don't believe the anti-semites are DLers, but if they are, this place is circling the drain.

And every time a racist gets going on here, somehow it attracts more (and more vile) racists to this site.

This used to be one of the smartest places on the internet. It was a place where racists got flamed off or banned (even when they were DLers and gay, like WBM).

Now it's not. Racists, anti-semites, and homophobes are most of the reason (straight idiots googling gossip topics and finding DL are another).

by Anonymousreply 9901/12/2012

Christ. This thread was supposed to be about what a hypocritical bigot Katy Perry's dad is, and almost immediately devolved into a rant about Israel. What the hell has happened to this place?! It really is just a gay Stormfront offshoot now, isn't it?

by Anonymousreply 10101/14/2012

[quote]Does the media bring up the horrible things that other governments are doing to Palestinians?

No, the media brings up what Arab governments do to Arabs who want freedom, not what Israelis do to Arabs who want freedom. Palestinian protests never seemed to make the news broadcasts. Seems the desire for independence was only worthy of coverage when the governments being challenged were Arab. Quelle surprise.

by Anonymousreply 10201/14/2012

r100 is David duke

by Anonymousreply 10301/14/2012

[quote] It really is just a gay Stormfront offshoot now, isn't it?

Obviously the webmaster approves of this anti-semitic and anti-black shit, or else he'd take down these threads.

Instead, they flourish.

by Anonymousreply 10401/14/2012

Mr Religious Values has a secret daughter.

by Anonymousreply 10511/28/2012

Not surprising in the least, given his background before he "converted."

I had a half-sibling too, who my dad was even more mean to than me. I unfortunately empathize with Katy Perry in regard to her some of her personal background. And 'unfortunately' is the key word here.

by Anonymousreply 10611/28/2012

Gosh, another resurrected Jew-centric thread. Whodathunkit?

by Anonymousreply 10811/28/2012

The idea of being anti-Semitic seems so antiquated to me. Who fucking cares if someone is Jewish or not? That said, I am sick and tired of Israel, Palestine, ALL that horrid region. Nothing to do with the particular religions or the particular ethnicity, and everything to do with particular actions.

by Anonymousreply 10911/28/2012

If folks want to talk about this, it should be a DIFFERENT thread. The Jew thing is old, and too different from the illegitimate child thing.

It's like making Isaac and Ishmael share a thread. Disastrous.

by Anonymousreply 11011/28/2012

I am convinced the American public gets orgasms when discussing Race or Ethnicity.You can see it on sites all over the internet, the Comments sectionns all come alive when Race is the topic of discussion.

In fact you people seem to get so much pleasure from it that it looks like you would have ended the Union and tore each other apart a century ago were it not for the Blacks and the glass walled "White" Club you have been creating since the 19th, century.

Unusual Race of people you Americans.

by Anonymousreply 11111/28/2012

Don't bring back this thread. Someone just made the mistake of posting unrelated Keith Hudson news in it today.

by Anonymousreply 11211/28/2012
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!