Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Serves the little cunt right!

Library Sends Cops To 5-Year-Old's House For Overdue Books

A five-year-old girl from Charlton, Mass. burst into tears after a local library sent Police Sergeant Dan Dowd to her house to retrieve the child's two overdue library books, CBS Boston reported.

"I thought it was way overboard," the girl's mother, Shannon Benoit, said. "I closed my door, I looked at my daughter and she started crying." According to the report, Shannon's daughter thought Dowd was going to arrest her.

Sergeant Dowd told the station that, although long-overdue books are a misdemeanor, he didn't want to go to the girl's house.

"Nobody wanted to, on this end to get involved in it," Sgt. Dowd told CBS Boston. "But the library contacted us, and the chief delegated, and apparently I was one of the low men on the totem pole."

The Benoit's books had been overdue for "several months," but were quickly found and returned at the police officer's request.

It turns out the little girl's fears of being arrested weren't completely unfounded.

Back in September, Christopher Anspach was sentenced to 10 days in jail for failing to return his overdue library books after several months and multiple overdue notices.

by Anonymousreply 5909/07/2014

Stop her before she kills again!

by Anonymousreply 601/04/2012

Make her eat a peanut!

by Anonymousreply 901/04/2012

My friend Julie recently got a job as Head Librarian in Charlton, MA!

by Anonymousreply 1301/04/2012

SLAP THAT BITCH VICIOUSLY!!!

by Anonymousreply 1601/04/2012

Excellent police work.

by Anonymousreply 1701/04/2012

If she gets away with it, there's no justice in this world.

by Anonymousreply 1801/04/2012

The library should have just billed them and nulled their borrowing priveliges.

It amazes me how quickly they found the books once it was obvious they were in trouble. Some adults need to grow up.

by Anonymousreply 1901/04/2012

When r15 goes on his killing spree, do you think DL will get to be in the news?

by Anonymousreply 2001/04/2012

This post rather made my day. Delicious.

by Anonymousreply 2201/06/2012

Next the little bitch will be jaywalking.

by Anonymousreply 2301/06/2012

Am I the only one who thought this was pretty funny?

by Anonymousreply 2401/06/2012

It is highly dependent upon where you live. Our public library isn't owned by the city, in fact the city contributes the smallest amount to it.

The rest is provided by a foundation. Yep, Providence Public Library is a private concern.

Which means they cannot use force or color of government when it comes to collecting overdue books and fees.

They just bill you for it.

by Anonymousreply 2601/06/2012

yet they can't find an illegal to save their lives

by Anonymousreply 2801/07/2012

Hmmm. Yet, I've had all manner of thieves (employees) steal from my business and I can't even get the cops to call me back. They always stop by, question everyone and then let it drop.

by Anonymousreply 3101/07/2012

WE MUST MAINTAIN ORDER!!!

by Anonymousreply 3201/07/2012

[quote]UPDATE:10:22am -- An article published today by the Worcester Telegram & Gazette clarifies that it wasn't 5-year-old Hailey's children's books that warranted the police visit, but a $100 audio book that her father had borrowed, and that had been overdue since April. According to the article, 13 other families in the area were also visited by police, who collectively had in their possession a total of $2,634 in overdue library materials

The little girl has nothing to do with what happened. She shouldn't have been in the article. Poor reporting.

by Anonymousreply 3301/07/2012

But it made the article so much more captivating!

by Anonymousreply 3401/07/2012

[all posts by fucking cunt troll deleted.]

by Anonymousreply 4909/04/2014

What kind of mixed-up fucking hellhole is Charlton, Mass anyway?

by Anonymousreply 5009/04/2014

Told you I was hardcore.

This copy of The Snowy Day is MINE now, bitches.

by Anonymousreply 5109/04/2014

What's a kid these days doing borrowing books from a library? Buy her a Kindle or iPad.

by Anonymousreply 5209/04/2014

Cop was lucky, the kid might've had an Uzi.

by Anonymousreply 5309/04/2014

R52 you can check out library books for a Kindle, but also, not everyone in the world can afford a personal device, hell, many don't have any internet at home...that's why library computers are used all day. Ours are always being used. Some people do have their own laptops or devices but can no longer afford wi-fi or internet and use ours.

Just because YOU have a Kindle doesn't mean books are going away, especially children's books. Not for a long time. We have tons of eBooks, movies, audio books, and music that can be downloaded, and the stats are very good--lots of people using the services. BUT physical materials still have the lead, by a big margin.

My library contracted with a collection agency--when materials are overdue after a certain amount of time, the collection agency takes it over. We've had great success with that.

To my knowledge, the only time the police were involved with finding books was when several branch managers were comparing notes about a very odd patron who turned out to have been visiting all 20 of our branches and was systematically stealing reference books. The cops tracked him down, and his apartment was walled in with stacks of books. Apparently he was barricading himself in because he thought there was about to be a US "invasion"...by whom, I don't know, but he had slowly removed hundreds of books from the library. I think he's in a mental facility now, last I heard.

by Anonymousreply 5409/04/2014

Children are annoying, but sending the cops after her was...criminal.

Talk about overkill. Plus, she will never trust them and might get hurt because of this.

by Anonymousreply 5509/05/2014

Fucking little 5 year old cunt bitch! She got off easier than she deserved. And somebody should kick that Frau mother in the cunt!

by Anonymousreply 5609/05/2014

I don't understand. I thought libraries had their own detectives.

by Anonymousreply 5709/06/2014

Reading is a threat to the social order! Learn it, little girl!

by Anonymousreply 5809/07/2014

R27 should be R2 and the thread should be over after 2 posts.

by Anonymousreply 5909/07/2014
Need more help? Click Here.