Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

So Now The Majority Believes President Romney Is A Shoo-In After Winning Iowa

What happened to "America will never elect a Mormon"? I've never seen Democrats so despondent over the Romney win. They actually think he's going to win in November now? Is he that appealing to American voters?

by Anonymousreply 7411/15/2012

Who the fuck is "the majority"?

What are you smoking?

by Anonymousreply 101/04/2012

America will never elect a Mormon.

by Anonymousreply 201/04/2012

The majority of what? The National Review editorial board?

by Anonymousreply 401/04/2012

[quote]America will never elect a Mormon.

But they will elect a moron.

by Anonymousreply 501/04/2012

In Iowa, Mitt finished just where he did in 2008: about one quarter of the vote, with about the same number of GOP Caucus-goers (otherwise known as Caucasians). If Mitt is a shoo-in for the nomination, it's because none of his principal rivals are well organized in NH and SC.

by Anonymousreply 601/04/2012

Yes, the majority, even on here after Romney's win. They were all pulling for Newt or Santorum, and now they believe with Romney's win, he's got the money, the Mormon church, the Koch brothers, Karl Rove, etc, so there's no way he can lose now. Remember, everyone said that Romney is the only one that can go up against Obama, and do Republicans want to win, or don't they by choosing somebody else. One good thing came out of this, the Freepers over at their web site are in full meltdown.

by Anonymousreply 701/04/2012

I wonder if Mittens is going to sweep the rest of the Primaries now. Winning Iowa does get a lot of momentum going for you. Isn't it funny how we all see the Right wanting to go with the most extreme of the extreme and they end up siding with the guy who the ones who scream the loudest call a RINO. It seems that the Freepers are actually in the minority. Look how they eventually went for McCain, another more Moderate in the face of all the other nuts that were running in 08. How come someone like Santurum can't win, even though we hear he appeals to that Party overall? Does the GOP actually have its shit together in the face of the far Rightists of their organization? Everyone knew that Romney was the only one with a shot, and he ends up winning over Newt or Santorum who were pounded into the masses' heads as the winners for the Republican Party.

by Anonymousreply 801/04/2012

Oh, please. Tokyo Rose indeed.

The Pres is on track to raise over a BILLION dollars for his re-election, not counting spending from outside groups.

Plus, he's the incumbent with improving job approval numbers.

Even Republicans are calling Mittens the "25% percent man" since he can't seem to get above that number.

There's still a possibility a Bloomberg or some other third party candidate will emerge, splitting the anti-Obama vote.

Combine dispirited Republicans who are voting for Mitt because he is 'electable' (NOT because they like him and are enthusiastic about him) with the Mormon kryptonite for conservative Christians and you suppress GOP turnout, which isn't good for MR.

by Anonymousreply 901/04/2012

[quote]It seems that the Freepers are actually in the minority.

Considering that 75% of the people who went to the polls in Iowa voted for someone other than Romney, I don't know that I agree with you.

by Anonymousreply 1001/04/2012

[quote] I wonder if Mittens is going to sweep the rest of the Primaries now.

I wonder.

by Anonymousreply 1101/04/2012

Who the fuck is this "majority"? Majority of what, your few working brain cells? The voices in your head?

by Anonymousreply 1201/04/2012

OP means the majority of the Beanie Babies stacked along his headboard R12.

by Anonymousreply 1401/04/2012

Romney has run a disciplined campaign but he's also been very lucky. The more conservative alternatives have turned out to be one hapless loser after another - Bachmann, Perry, Cain, Gingrich, Santorum? Please!

Pawlenty has to be kicking himself for getting out, and Huckabee has to be kicking himself even harder for never getting in. Honestly, if Huckabee had run I think he would be cruising to the nomination right now.

by Anonymousreply 1501/04/2012

I'm pretty sure Huckabee is consoling himself with however much money he was paid to stay out of the race.

by Anonymousreply 1601/04/2012

the republicans think Romney is "vetted." Nothing could be further from the truth.

Romney and the Mexican connection

by Anonymousreply 1701/04/2012

OP, your take is different than every Democrat strategist that I've read today. The take is that Romney may begrudgingly take the nomination but that he is so hated by his own party that Frothy Rick Santorum actually came from nowhere without any money spent and TIED him. And Newt is going after Romney with a vengeance. So there are a couple of possibilities. A badly bruised Romney emerges from the Republican primaries. Or Santorum ends up rallying the base. Either way it points to re-election for Obama. So you might want to rethink your information.

by Anonymousreply 1901/04/2012

Mormons will attempt to steal the election using programmers to "fix" the electronic vote.

by Anonymousreply 2001/04/2012

Romney spent $156 per vote, Santorum spent $21 per vote for the same total. Not very fiscally responsible, Mitt -- if you can't manage your own campaign war chest, how can America trust you to manage its budget?

by Anonymousreply 2101/04/2012

The Majority sees the economy is improving, they see Obama as strong on defense and fighting for the middle class. Why on earth would they want to interrupt the progress and start all over again with a new administration? It would be stupid to go back to greedy, right wing principles that got us into so much trouble in the first place by electing someone who is a 1%er and a bishop in a cult that believes the earth is a few thousand years old, that God lives on a planet and Jesus and Satan are brothers.

by Anonymousreply 2201/04/2012

I really dislike the way the media calls the election winner every morning based on some caucus, primary or poll.

by Anonymousreply 2301/04/2012

Worse trolling attempt I've seen in a while.

OP, all pundits are saying this is a BAD showing by Romney.

The only true winner last night was Obama.

by Anonymousreply 2401/04/2012

If Obama 1) Needs to raise a BILLION dollars in order to get re-elected then something is, indeed, terribly wrong. No sitting president should need a billion to convince the voters to re-elect him if he feels he's done well in his first term. and 2) You can raise a billion? Then use it to feed the poor and extend unemployment benefits and move on to other important issues.

by Anonymousreply 2501/04/2012

r25=concern troll

by Anonymousreply 2601/04/2012

Chuck Todd is speculating that she'll run against Amy Klobuchar for Senate.

Klobuchar is the most popular member of the Senate.

by Anonymousreply 2801/04/2012

Think you're in the wrong thread, VOTN.

by Anonymousreply 3001/04/2012

r27, Santorum actually looks more wholesome than Mitt.

Mitt Romney visibly strains and sweats when he speaks. He looks as smarmy as a used car salesman.

Seriously. He looks sleazy.

by Anonymousreply 3101/04/2012

r29, the same people who are withholding their vote for Romney never voted for Obama in the first place.

Begone, obvious troll.

by Anonymousreply 3201/04/2012

R27 is why Salt Lake City is the fraud capital of the nation.

by Anonymousreply 3301/04/2012

And so I am.

by Anonymousreply 3401/04/2012

Fraud and LDS.

by Anonymousreply 3501/04/2012

The whole "Romney is a formidable general election candidate" meme is completely untested and quite possibly total BS. He's lost way more elections than he's won in his life. He sunk MILLIONS of dollars into Iowa and finished slightly lower than he did four years ago. As another poster pointed out, the press has yet to really gear up the Romney scrutiny but it is coming - and it's not going to be pretty.

He's the GOP John Kerry. Mark my words.

by Anonymousreply 3601/04/2012

r37, I have family and friends in MA. Deval Patrick spent his first 4 years CLEANING UP Romney's mess. Romney left their finances in shambles.

Begone, troll.

by Anonymousreply 3801/04/2012

Then you are a brainless fool R37. Romney is bad for America, he will lower taxes on corporations and the rich further, put higher taxes and burdens on the poor and the middle class, and call you weak if it all causes you to stumble. How can someone be so stupid?

by Anonymousreply 3901/04/2012

Romney is not better than McCain, he is far far worse. Massachusetts did not prosper under Romney.

by Anonymousreply 4001/04/2012

Teh first year that Romney took office he benefited from recovery in health care and finance, two industries particularly prominent in Massachusetts, but the bloom was off that rose very quickly and his popularity dived so quickly that he didn't bother trying for re-election because he knew he would lose.

by Anonymousreply 4101/04/2012

OP IS A THE GODDAMN FREEPER TROLL

STOP FEEDING HIM!

by Anonymousreply 4201/04/2012

Raise your hand if you believe that R37 actually voted for Obama.

I don't see any hands..

by Anonymousreply 4301/04/2012

Eventually, Bachmann, Paul and Perry are going to drop out of the race, and the people who were crazy enough to support them will have only one equally crazy candidate to turn to...Santorum.

At the end of the day, evangelicals will be as likely to vote for a Mormon as a Muslim, so I think there's a really good chance that Santorum will win the nomination. Which means one thing...4 more years of Obama.

by Anonymousreply 4401/04/2012

Bachmann just dropped out

by Anonymousreply 4501/04/2012

I'm from the Bible Belt, and evangelicals are terrified of Mormons. More terrified of Mormons than gays or Muslims. They think they can convert gays and Muslims.

They won't vote for Romney. They won't vote for Obama. They'll stay home.

by Anonymousreply 4601/04/2012

R25 If Obama needs to raise a billion, the only thing that shows is that it takes a lot of money to beat the top 1%. Tell the Walmart heirs to stop buying booze and use their inheritance to feed the poor.

Donate. Volunteer. Vote Democratic.

by Anonymousreply 4701/04/2012

With Bachmann and Perry dropping out of the race and Newt on a mission to take down Romney, there is still a chance that Santorum could last longer.

The Dems want the primary race to go on as long as possible so that Romney has to move right to get the nomination. Then fuck up his chances in the General with Independents.

Yes, they wanted Newt or Perry who had more money resources to be closer or win in Iowa because most figure Santurum doesn't have the legs to remain in the race much longer. But Newt will fuck shit up for the republicans, so I'm hopefull.

Still think most will pick Obama over Romney.

by Anonymousreply 4801/04/2012

Perry is apparently not dropping out. Yet.

by Anonymousreply 4901/04/2012

I still might jump in and win this ya'know.

by Anonymousreply 5001/04/2012

Given the upcoming debate, Perry is probably counting on another exceptional performance to boost him. Plus wasn't it New Hampshire where he gave his drunken speech? Live free or die?

by Anonymousreply 5101/04/2012

r50, shouldn't you be doing something else, like buying prenatal vitamins for Willow or having your binoculars pressed up against your bedroom window focused on Putin's ample bulge?

by Anonymousreply 5201/04/2012

[italic]OP IS A THE GODDAMN FREEPER TROLL

STOP FEEDING HIM![/italic]

Oh, you're so right, hon.

NOM NOM NOM

by Anonymousreply 5301/04/2012

When did Romney become charismatic? To me he comes off as very canned and robotic.

by Anonymousreply 5401/04/2012

[italic]The Majority sees the economy is improving, they see Obama as strong on defense and fighting for the middle class.[/italic]

I just peed my pants I was laughing so hard. What is this, '1984'? None of that is happening.

The whole reason Obama is in the mess he's in with the electorate is because of the economy, and they don't see him fighting for jack shit.

Unfortunately, they're dumb enough to vote for the other guy who sunk his state's economy, and hearing that he was in business has a nice ring to it. Don't get into the nitty gritty about how bad he was though. They'll hear he busted unions and they'll flock to the polls and vote for him in mass numbers. Americans just hate themselves.

by Anonymousreply 5501/04/2012

I don't think Perry is dropping out.

As unbelievable as it sounds, Perry still has a chance to win.

On a policy standpoint - he is the best "conservative" of the bunch. He's red meat.

His "communication" skills are what is lacking.

by Anonymousreply 5601/04/2012

[italic][R27], Santorum actually looks more wholesome than Mitt.[/italic]

No. Santorum looks like a forceps baby, and a pedophile.

Romney is now using all of Reagan's speeches.

This guy is going to buy the election.

by Anonymousreply 5701/04/2012

The only reason why these 'losers' are staying in the race is to ensure a possible VP slot.

by Anonymousreply 5801/04/2012

OP, R57, R58, etc.

Trolldar continues to expose you as a shill for Romney.

you have become tiresome.

by Anonymousreply 5901/04/2012

R56 Perry continuing his campaign is pure Republican strategy. Rove and his crew want Perry to stay in as a Santorum spoiler. Those that want Romney to win this could not risk both Perry and Bachmann withdrawing.

by Anonymousreply 6001/04/2012

The next question is for Mitt Romney, Governor, can you please tell us your position on the practice of your church, the Mormon church, and it's secret proxy baptisms of people of all faiths, including Anne Frank and hundreds of thousands of Holocaust victims? Thank you.

by Anonymousreply 6101/04/2012

OP is one of the biggest trolls here. Trolldar him and see all the threads and posts that light up. He is absurd.

by Anonymousreply 6201/04/2012

Perry suspended his campaign and returned to Texas. That means he is out. I see no way that he could say that he prayed on it and God told him to continue. He's just trying to figure out what leverage he could have for endorsing someone.

by Anonymousreply 6401/04/2012

OP, if America elected a black person, she can certainly elect a Mormon.

by Anonymousreply 6501/04/2012

Perry did not suspend his campaign. He tweeted 'On to S. Carolina'. Go Rick!

by Anonymousreply 6601/04/2012

Oh you're so convincing, R63!!

by Anonymousreply 6701/04/2012

Mormon, Jew, Etc., Black, White, Latino,Etc. is just so much blah blah blah that only obscures the perception on how the political system functions and to what it responds. The most successful indicators are the 13 keys to the White House. Who holds what key? What is the critical quantity of keys? What keys are up for grabs? What defines each key?

by Anonymousreply 6801/04/2012

Obama's been such a dud. Who's a liberal to vote for?

by Anonymousreply 6901/05/2012

What are you smoking OP?

America will never elect a Mormon. America will never elect a Republican president ever again. That boat has sunk. Only the Republican-owned media is stupid enough to bother following the Republican debates between that crew of idiots, none of which even reads a newspaper every day.

The Republican Party is dead. They'll realize that after they lose the Congress big time in 2012.

by Anonymousreply 7001/05/2012

[quote] Who's a liberal to vote for?

Obama, duh. According to the right-wing he's the biggest liberal who ever lived.

by Anonymousreply 7101/05/2012

[quote]The Republican Party is dead.

LOLcats. Keep telling yourself that if it makes you feel better.

by Anonymousreply 7201/05/2012

No, it's not dead yet, but I think the Tea Party might be an early death rattle. The solid red southwest is trending blue. Once those states start flipping the GOP will be left with the South and a smattering of other states. That's no way to win on a national scale.

by Anonymousreply 7301/05/2012

Bump

by Anonymousreply 7411/15/2012
Need more help? Click Here.