Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

"Celebrity Cook-Off" on Food Network

Anyone watch last night? Joey Fatone is a hot bear, Lou Diamond Phillips looks like hell, and Aaron Carter pings off the charts.

by Anonymousreply 2012/15/2013

Lou Diamond Phillips looks great and is a damned good cook.

Now if you want to discuss scary, WTF happened to Taylor Dayne's face??!

by Anonymousreply 101/02/2012

Lou was [italic]really[/italic] leathery-looking in HD. His ribs looked delicious, though, and he seems really nice.

Yes, Taylor Dayne does look a fright. Oh, and poor Aaron looked disheveled, malnourished, and tweaked out.

by Anonymousreply 201/02/2012

What I want to know is in whose world are those two idiots (Guy and Rachel) ANY sort of an authority to judge cooking efforts by anybody, even second rate "celebrities" such as these?

This only shows how low the network has fallen and how completely lacking in credibility they are.

How did it do in the ratings?

by Anonymousreply 301/02/2012

Joey's certainly thickened up. Did you see his big ass? I'd hit that in a second.

by Anonymousreply 401/02/2012

That show sucked out loud!

by Anonymousreply 501/02/2012

I thought the same thing, r3. Guy is damn lucky he won a reality show and Rachael is famous for taking a task that should be savored and enjoyed and shrinking it to 30 minutes. Who are they to tell others specifics about cooking?

Btw, I am a huge RR fan - but come on!

by Anonymousreply 601/02/2012

Does Dale Jr have a big dick?

by Anonymousreply 701/02/2012

I can normally have the Food Network on in the background for hours. But "D'lebrity Cook-Off" was just unwatchable. I gave it 15 minutes but that's it.

That Top Chef rip-off was just noise, noise, noise.

by Anonymousreply 801/02/2012

I remember when they had Celebrity Cook-Off on NBC several years ago. It was cancelled after the third night.

by Anonymousreply 901/02/2012

I'm with R8, after 15 minutes I gave up. I often have FN on just to have something on. The only time I will not watch is when they're having a Diners/Drive In's whatever that show is with that Guy guy, marathons like they had recently. I just can't stand him. Oh I also can't stand the cupcake shows.

Other than these with all other shows I look up here and there and give it a little attention but this new show with Rachel (like there is already not enough RR on TV) was unwatchable. It is the most boring show to ever hit FN. WTF are they thinking! I wish Cablevision had the Cooking Channel in my area. I hear they have some real cooking shows on that.

by Anonymousreply 1001/02/2012

Aaron had no clue how to cook. I;m not surprised at the outcome. He was trying to be more butch sounding a year or so ago, but on this show... pinged off the charts.

I watched the first episode. Basically boring. I'll pass on the rest.

by Anonymousreply 1101/02/2012

It looked painful in the previews. I'm glad that I missed it.

by Anonymousreply 1201/02/2012

Coking Channel is great, R10.

The people on those shows still have an enthusiasm for cooking and they're not worried about selling cookbooks or cheaply made pans.

There is a great diversity too.

The Asian chick is engaging, the Lady that cooks French food is great, the Spice Goddess is great as well.

Love it!

by Anonymousreply 1301/02/2012

I thought it was fun. Ridiculous, but fun.

It's obvious why they chose Rachel and Guy to host, as they're more "celebrity" than cook themselves.

by Anonymousreply 1401/02/2012

Thanks R13. That confirms what I heard about it. Stinking Cablevision won't get it and I can't have satellite as I don't have the right exposures for it.

Do you or does anyone know of any link to see The Cooking Channel online?

by Anonymousreply 1501/02/2012

Vouch r13. I have become a convert, and I rarely watch FN anymore.

by Anonymousreply 1601/02/2012

It's, R15.

Forgot to mention Chuck and Nadia G and Extra Virgin.

by Anonymousreply 1701/02/2012

Here's the new cast -- tailor-made for DataLounge!

Team Guy: Chilli from TLC, Cornelia Guest, Dean McDermott, and Johnny Weir

Team Rachael: Gilbert Gottfried, Kathy Najimy, Hines Ward, and Carnie Wilson

by Anonymousreply 1812/08/2012

It's back once again:

Vanilla Ice

Penn Jillette

Herschel Walker

Jake Pavelka

Chris Kattan

Judy Gold

Florence Henderson

by Anonymousreply 1912/15/2013

what did Aaron Carter make?

by Anonymousreply 2012/15/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!