Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Rooney Mara continues her alienation campaign

"You kind of learn to self-sabotage with things you don't want to get. Sometimes you don't want to get something but you do a really good job and you get in anyway. That's kind of [what happened] with A Nightmare on Elm Street - I didn't even really want it. And then I went in [to audition] and I was like, [whispering] 'Fuck. I definitely got that'."

by Anonymousreply 15005/24/2015

Whatever happened to just saying something like, "I was out of work and need the money and experience. I wouldn't be where I am now without having taken these parts and I have no shame over it"?

by Anonymousreply 101/02/2012

How can a working actor read that and not hate her?

by Anonymousreply 201/02/2012

R1, keep reading the article. "out of work and need the money"??? She is an NFL heiress who's family is worth BILLIONS! Do you really think she needs the money or the work? She is definition of overhyped and she needs to get over herself. That and she needs to start antibiotics soon just to protect her from whatever STD David Fincher is gonna give her.

by Anonymousreply 301/02/2012

I look forward to seeing this film, but if she doesn't shut up, people will get so annoyed the will skip the film.

Fincher needs to tell her to stop talking to any press or do any interviews or even mention acting.

by Anonymousreply 401/02/2012

I find her looks annoying in a way I can't put my finger on. The sister is the same way. Kind of bug-eyed or something and Rooney needs to lose the dorky straight bangs.

by Anonymousreply 501/02/2012

Somebody needs to take this girl aside and tell her that fair or not, actresses don't get the same amount of slack that male actors do when they mouth off like this.

If she wants a long term career, she needs to STFU.

by Anonymousreply 601/03/2012

i'm in the minority but i find her honesty refreshing. i mean most actors are thinking that, at least she has the balls to say it. she may be privileged, but i find her bluntness oddly refreshing.

by Anonymousreply 701/03/2012

She can be so blunt, because she comes from a rich home. That's like admiring Gwyneth Paltrow for dealing with motherhood so easily (when the help does all the groundwork). Their point of view comes from a place where potential negative consequences were never an issue.

by Anonymousreply 801/03/2012

Well, R7, bluntness is only for the rich who can afford buffers against recrimination.

by Anonymousreply 901/03/2012

I'm a gay man but i find her attractive. I think it's the Lisbeth persona that brings out some bisexuality in me.

by Anonymousreply 1001/03/2012

I was hot for her Lisbeth too, r10, and have no idea where that came from.

by Anonymousreply 1101/03/2012

I think many working actors know well the ambivalence she is talking about.

by Anonymousreply 1201/03/2012

I thought her performance in TGWTDT was sort of meh. But then, I felt that way about the movie itself.

by Anonymousreply 1301/03/2012

IA R13, although I blame that on Fincher more than anything else. I do think she has real potential though.

by Anonymousreply 1401/03/2012

She sounds like a bad combination of Katherine Heigl and Kristen Stewart. It's pure entitlement.

by Anonymousreply 1501/03/2012

I wonder how long it will take for her to start trashing Fincher?

by Anonymousreply 1601/03/2012

I like honesty, but she comes off as ungrateful. If she wanted to say that sometimes you don't really want something and don't try that hard, but end up getting it anyway, that's totally fine. I'm sure plenty of actors feel that way. But to actually name specific projects is pretty tacky.

by Anonymousreply 1701/03/2012

Patty. Patty Mara.

by Anonymousreply 1801/03/2012

I wonder what George "Nobody likes complainers" Clooney thinks of this ingrate?

Wow, Kathryn Bigelow AND Terrence Malick have hired her. Still, she should be more diplomatic about her past credits.

by Anonymousreply 1901/03/2012

She seems like the typical bitch that comes from a rich family starts acting and is so entitled they're above paying their dues.

She'll soon find out that shes really not talented.

Can only play certain charcters and end up getting type casted.

by Anonymousreply 2001/03/2012

Jonathan says it's a defect of the aristocracy that they say what they please.

by Anonymousreply 2101/03/2012

Lots of rich kids get into acting. It's tough for me to see rich and beautiful people get fame and fortune when I work paycheck to paycheck. Color me envious!

by Anonymousreply 2201/03/2012

Isn't giving interviews like this self-sabotage as well, Miss Mara?

by Anonymousreply 2301/03/2012

If she had so much integrity and so many high standards, then why did she keep trying out for and then accepting so many parts that she didn't want?

by Anonymousreply 2401/03/2012

You'd swear she was saying she eats children. Has China completed taken over the US and you can't say anything anymore?

by Anonymousreply 2501/03/2012

I was totally bored by Rooney and David C. in this movie. I read the book and though it wasn't the best ever, it was enjoyable.

The best adaptation to a thriller to date in my opinion was Damon in the Bourne series. I found all of them thoroughly enjoyable.

I will wait for cable to see the next installment, if it gets made considering the poor box-office to date. It was really some boring shit. What the book did was capture the essence of Sweden and its people. I think that's why it took so long in the book to build. This movie could have been shot anywhere. It just lacked that certain something. Rooney is no young Streep. She had only one facial expression throughout the whole movie. As a result, you don't get a true sense of Lisbeth as you do in the book. Too one dimensional.

by Anonymousreply 2601/03/2012

I thought Rooney was great in GWTDT, but she needs to dial back the attitude in interviews.

by Anonymousreply 2701/03/2012

I just watched a clip of her on Access Hollywood. She seemed ok. I like how she is not a giggling airhead. If that rubbed off on her from playing the Lisbeth character, then good!

by Anonymousreply 2801/03/2012

"How can a working actor read that and not hate her?"

How can a normal person read that and not hate that stupid cunt?

by Anonymousreply 2901/03/2012

Memo to actors: telling your paying audiences that you are superior to the material you've appeared in ia another way of calling them fools for patronizing those movies/TV shows/etc.

Telling audiences how foolish or tasteless they are rarely ends well.

Oh, and Rooney? Even if that were professional behavior? You're not pretty or special enough to get away with it.

by Anonymousreply 3001/03/2012

Can we save this rage for corporations that are destroying the planet and the whore-politicians that serve them?

by Anonymousreply 3101/03/2012

R31 = gossip thread killer

by Anonymousreply 3201/03/2012

She should talk to Megan Fox.

by Anonymousreply 3301/03/2012

Maybe this is her way of self-sabotaging an acting career she doesn't really want.

by Anonymousreply 3401/03/2012

I think she's delightful.

by Anonymousreply 3501/03/2012

The movie's boxoffice ($60 million so far) isn't "poor", though it's not what the studio expected given that the film cost at least $90 million to make. Has it been released to the international market yet?

I'm a little surprised at the soft grosses in the U.S., though. Given the number of people who read the novel, I would have expected better.

Is it because a lot of people watched the DVDs of the Swedish films? Not all that many people went to see them in the theater.

Or is this too dark for the holiday season?

by Anonymousreply 3601/03/2012

I think it is because the boys went to Tom Cruise or Sherlock Holmes.

by Anonymousreply 3701/03/2012

The movie's sort of blah. The Sander character isn't as compelling in the movie as she was in the book--she seems more emotionally stunted than sly, and doesn't draw a lot of interest--and the draggy direction kills a lot of the suspense.

by Anonymousreply 3801/03/2012

r36, it cost over $100M and so far, $60M hardly recoups. I know we haven't accounted for future overseas or video. However, that dreck, aka, Tom Cruise's IM franchise has killed GWTDT in boxoffice. This was NOT a success in the overall picture. David C., and more importantly that erstwhile couple(I hope for her sake) David F. and Rooney spoilt the milk.

by Anonymousreply 3901/03/2012

Honestly, R31? I have enough rage to go around.

by Anonymousreply 4001/03/2012

I agree with you, R7. I love her honesty. It's very refreshing and entertaining to hear a celebrity talk like this. I love how she says she hated Law & Order: SVU. It's a terrible show. I like how she doesn't care about the PR game.

by Anonymousreply 4101/03/2012

R3, David Fincher strikes me as being gay. Or maybe bi.

by Anonymousreply 4201/03/2012

[quote]I wonder how long it will take for her to start trashing Fincher?

In about 10 years she'll start dropping hints about how completely abusive he was to work with. In 15 she'll come out with it. And I'll believe her.

by Anonymousreply 4301/03/2012

Poor girl. Looks like she's fucked away her Oscar chances. She had a remote chance of bagging that much sought after fifth slot.

by Anonymousreply 4401/03/2012

[quote]Maybe this is her way of self-sabotaging an acting career she doesn't really want.

Possibly. Especially after working with Fincher. Emma Watson has suggested that she may not be that interested in acting.

by Anonymousreply 4501/03/2012

Rooney in 2015:

"I didn't really want to do 'The Social Network' but my family encouraged me to. My part was so small, I knew I was capable of so, so much more. It really was beneath me, as I've proven the last few years."

by Anonymousreply 4601/03/2012

Um, r39 don't you mean DANIEL C?

by Anonymousreply 4701/03/2012

She's the new honey badger.

by Anonymousreply 4801/03/2012

Doesn't the silly girl realize that the actresses like her are a dime a dozen in Hollywood? Once David Fincher finds another jerk-off fantasy girl, her career will be reduced to guest appearances on shows like NCIS.

by Anonymousreply 4901/03/2012

Not just the boys went to see MI4 and Sherlock Holmes r37. As a woman who loves action movies, I knew I'd prefer a movie without rape and without Fincher's usual too long, pretty pictures but ultimately overrated shit during the holidays. Besides, Fincher and Mara's interviews were creepy and EW's asslicking made me think it was overhyped and PR paid by the studio.

by Anonymousreply 5001/03/2012

I saw her on the ANOES panel at Wonder-Con just before the movie was released. The panelists -- including Katie Cassidy and that guy from The Terminator TV series -- were chirping away and engaging the audience. Mara was mute the entire time.

The Terminator guy (I've blanked on his name and don't feel like looking him up -- the one who people say is gay) egged her on to say something. He said something similar to: "You're Heather fucking Langenkamp in this film! Say something!" She finally looked up from the table and made this idiotic grin. That was it. I was already done with her. Amazing how she's now found her voice and won't shut the fuck up.

by Anonymousreply 5101/04/2012

"It's tough for me to see rich and beautiful people get fame and fortune when I work paycheck to paycheck."

She's not beautiful

"You'd swear she was saying she eats children. Has China completed taken over the US and you can't say anything anymore?"

Freedom of speech means freedom to criticize other people. We can attack her if we want to!

by Anonymousreply 5201/04/2012

"I love how she says she hated Law & Order: SVU. It's a terrible show."

And yet she chose to appear on it!

by Anonymousreply 5301/04/2012

She obviously never learned how to play the Hollywood game and I find her unpolished candor refreshing, but r6 is right - actresses can't get away with saying and doing half the shit that actors can. She won't be labeled "rebelliously sexy," she'll just be labeled a difficult bitch. Girl needs to watch herself.

by Anonymousreply 5401/04/2012

Gosh all you peeps want these star's you worship to be these Pr created, robots. The second one steps outta line... God Forbid!

So bitches, who was not a PR robotic clone, and spoke their own truth, and you didn't end up hating them? Is it because Rooney comes from a wealthy background? What if it was someone who was from a poor background and said they didn't like or want it? But they did for the rent, sold their soul? That's fine. You all suck! It's like you hate people with wealth on whatever level, because you think they hate and are better than you. Reverse idiotic thinkin.

So who bitches? Who without being a PR clone thats successful, tells the truth, and is honest and doesn't have rehearsed answers, and cute stories to tell on talk show circuits? Who? Is is refreshing and from a middle to poor background? WHOOOOOOOO?

by Anonymousreply 5501/04/2012

I'am a horror movie fan, and the remake to Nightmare on Elm Street, was fucking horrible! Terrible! I wouldn't rep it either, it's shit. Who cares about it's history, I can see why Rooney didn't want to speak highly of it. It was a shitty remake. I was pissed, love the original!

by Anonymousreply 5601/04/2012

"She obviously never learned how to play the Hollywood game and I find her unpolished candor refreshing"

Oh, please, you are too dumb to realize she is playing the game. The "Look at me, I'm edgy!" game. She's trying to pass herself off as rebellious like that ass Shia LeBeouf.

She's just a dumb rich bitch but stupid people will praise her for her "candor." The same dumb people who will cheerlead for her when she trashes a movie she chose to appear in! She chose to star in Nightmare on Elm Street and chose to appear on Law and Order: SVU. If she thought they were terrible she obviously did not have have the integrity to turn down work for artistic reasons.

by Anonymousreply 5701/04/2012

For all of her inherited wealth, she's actually quite common looking.

In 3 years no one will even remember her name.

by Anonymousreply 5801/04/2012

I agree with R55/Rooney

by Anonymousreply 5901/04/2012

I don't consider burning bridges and alienating pretty much everyone she's ever worked with to be "playing the game." Most actors/actresses learn how to say the right things in order to get more work in the industry, not less. Her candor may be calculated in that she's trying to cultivate an edgy persona, but it's candor nonetheless. Unfortunately for her, it just makes her come across as a little too enamored with the sound of her own voice.

by Anonymousreply 6001/04/2012

There's nothing wrong with being outspoken, even controversial, but you've got to have something to back it up with. Her resume is conspicuously unimpressive for someone with such high opinion of herself and what she considers to be beneath her.

by Anonymousreply 6101/04/2012

My biggest issue with her "candor" is she comes across like the stereotypical rich asshole. She did not have to take these substandard roles to earn a living. I'm sure there are other actresses who would have jumped at the chance to play the parts she's trashing because they needed to pay their bills. It's like the rich kid "starting at the bottom" in daddy's company, everybody knows with your background and connections you won't be at the bottom too long.

by Anonymousreply 6301/04/2012

She needed to take parts in order to build a resume and get noticed. Which is what most actors have to do. But most of them don't then criticize those projects in public. They think it, but they don't say it out loud - at least not to the press, who can't wait to leap on stuff like this.

by Anonymousreply 6401/04/2012

I agree with R64 but I don't think actors need to feel self-conscious about it. I mean, it's not like she made A Certain Sacrifice. If she had any brains she'd say getting that work prepared her for her big moment in films like The Social Network and TGWTDT. Trashing your own work or the people you worked with is just stupid.

by Anonymousreply 6501/04/2012

[quote]Wonder why this B list movie actress from an acting family has been looking so glum despite the biggest boost to her career ever? It could have something to do with the fact that this A++ list movie actor was having sex with her while cheating on his significant other and telling her she was everything he wanted and then he ran off and married a B list movie actress. She has not forgiven him, and refuses to talk to him unless absolutely necessary. (CDAN)

by Anonymousreply 6601/05/2012

Wrong thread, R66?

by Anonymousreply 6701/05/2012

R66: Rooney, Daniel Craig and Rachel Weisz?

by Anonymousreply 6801/06/2012

Rooney is not from an acting family.

by Anonymousreply 6901/06/2012

The sister was great as the traitoress Jamie on 24.

by Anonymousreply 7001/06/2012

Her sister acts, so I guess they can be considered an acting family. Everything else fits.

by Anonymousreply 7101/06/2012

She (and the movie) have generated so much hype that I, personally, find totally unwarranted.

Compare her performance with that of Charlize Theron in "Young Adult".

There IS no comparison.

by Anonymousreply 7201/06/2012

r42, when we had good gossip on here, the only consensus was he liked them young (15-17).

One poster claimed he was gay, and didn't hide it in the industry. Another said he only fucked young teenage girls, the same age or younger than his 16 yo daughter, and he was pervy.

I think creepily bi. The shit with Mara, even for a PR stunt was still odd.

by Anonymousreply 7301/07/2012

"she comes across like the stereotypical rich asshole. She did not have to take these substandard roles to earn a living. I'm sure there are other actresses who would have jumped at the chance to play the parts"

Plus the implied assumption that she deserves better roles. It really was a douchey thing to say, as it was arrogant rather than edgy.

by Anonymousreply 7401/07/2012

She's an untalented cunt. Is David Fincher over her yet?

by Anonymousreply 7501/07/2012

Kelly Osbourne was popping a hard clit over her on Fashion Police this week.

by Anonymousreply 7601/07/2012

Well r76 I will have you know Kelly O is a fashion icone, her words dipped in Gold. Move over Anna (The bob0 Wintour Kelly O is takin you down!!

by Anonymousreply 7701/07/2012

I wish I could ALIENATE MOST OF the posters in this thread!

by Anonymousreply 7801/07/2012

I initially hated the Nightmare remake as well, then I watched it again.

The second time I saw it I read it as a psychological exploration of the effects of child sexual abuse with horror elements grafted onto it. Maybe you have to have been a victim to "get" it (I was and I do).

I was struck at how bold it really was, but of course it went over the heads of most who saw it as just a silly, maudlin horror movie.

Whether Rooney or anyone else likes it or not when I watched it through that prism I actually found it audacious and brilliant.

That director knew exactly what he was doing and exactly what he was trying to say, whether his vision was accepted by the masses or not.

by Anonymousreply 7901/07/2012

r.79 yes Carl Jung, the first movie also dealt with it. It was still high concept (which I agree works) but poor delivery, bad script, dialogue, pacing, action scenes, messy. Good concept though indeed!

by Anonymousreply 8001/07/2012

Every time I hear her name I think of Mickey Rooney.

by Anonymousreply 8101/07/2012

Well, we are talking about her, aren't we?

Perhaps she's crazy like a fox.

by Anonymousreply 8201/07/2012

In response to R66's BI, I don't think anyone would ever describe Rachel Weisz as B-List.

by Anonymousreply 8301/09/2012

Rachel Weisz might have an Oscar but I think of A list as the real top money making actors/actresses in Hollywood. The ones that get the top salaries and first pick at scripts.

Rachel Weisz isn't super famous. I think she's B list.

by Anonymousreply 8401/09/2012

Agreed but "B-list" in the BI context implies a downgrade. Rachel Weisz probably very much has a career of her own design. She is nonetheless a gorgeous, talented award-winning actress and film producer.

by Anonymousreply 8501/09/2012

she's not from an acting family. an acting family is someone like the barrymore's or someone a little more known then a girl that's been in one big movie and a sister on a tv show. plus roonie is just now b-list status. if anything craig is gay.

there have been two different bi's, one being ted c's, that refers to a young actress that prefers women, and she is the top guess for both. although she does have a bf, although he looks like wallpaper.

by Anonymousreply 8601/10/2012

R86 = posting between hits of crystal meth

by Anonymousreply 8701/10/2012

i've read those bi's. she does fit for both and seems to be a top guess. also there was a supposed insider on hollywood exposed making claims. but the boyfriend doesn't make sense.

however, [R86] needs to learn how to properly form sentences before they try and speak.

by Anonymousreply 8801/10/2012

I thought the Ted C blind had Olivia Wilde as the frontrunner.

It makes sense with the blatant pap whoring she does.

Of course, I hate her parents, and resent nepotism in general, so I'm probably biased.

by Anonymousreply 8901/10/2012

Actually r89, Oliva Wildes real name is Olivia Cockburn. So I think we need to refer to her as such.

by Anonymousreply 9001/10/2012

[r89] olivia was illiminated because she is already the top suspect for anther bi, and also ted said that chuck has oscar buzz and has been in a film with rashida jones. that coupled with all the other clues pretty much knocked out everyone except for rooney and emma roberts, who has no oscar buzz whatsoever and as far as i know has not recently dyed her hair for a role.

some of the clues that pointed to rooney: ted mentioned "even if she doesn't get an oscar" obviously rooney has had some oscar buzz, and ted likes to mention that every time he mentions her in an article he mentioned the person having hollywood by the family jewels which could refer to mara being football royalty he mentioned that she american in the most rarefied sort of way, again referring to rooney's east coast, old money family. the actress currently has dyed hair he refers to her as a fashionista with a fashionista figure and striking cheek bones, and in the infamous vogue article the costume designer likened rooney and her features to a model, and also rooney's been labeled a fashionista since press for gwtdt started, along with the line for h&m. the actress has been in a movie with rashida jones, rooney and rashida were both in tsn

rooney has been emailed as a guess a few times and ted has not responded. he also mentioned in one email that fincher and rooney both have vices, but they are unrelated to eachother. daniel craig is already a suspect for another bv, and it's not the one about the b list actress.

the only thing that's a little off is rumors of dating co-stars, however after that bi about the b list actress there are obviously rumors about her and craig, who doesn't have a bad body by any means. and also there were photos from lawless film testing with rooney and ryan gosling looking very close, and that had some people a buzz. gosling is definitely known for his abs.

the only thing that doesn't make sense is that rooney has a bf who she's been dating for almost a year, and ted doesn't mention whether or not chuck beards, or if that she's bisexual with a preference for women.

by Anonymousreply 9101/10/2012

oh god, i apologize for my atrocious lack of punctuation, i didn't realize it wouldn't post in list form.

by Anonymousreply 9201/10/2012

Can anyone ever have too many moles to wear a backless dress?

by Anonymousreply 9301/10/2012

[quote]he also mentioned in one email that fincher and rooney both have vices, but they are unrelated to eachother.

So no affair between them, I'd guess. So what do you think those vices could be? Has there been any speculation over them?

by Anonymousreply 9401/10/2012

i have no clue about fincher. he definitely comes off as creepy, though. and although i believe he and rooney didn't have an affair, i do believe he fucked with her psychologically. the way she dotes over him like an insecure school girl and the way he talks about her is incredibly odd. he loves to imply that he had her fate in his hands and seems to always bring up how the studio didn't want her, and even mentioned how they referred to her as a trust fund baby in one interview. i think he may have really fucked with that girl's head.

as far as mara goes, she's been listed as the top suspect to that bi for a few weeks. however the bf is weird, unless she's bearding. but why beard with someone so basic and unknown? although he is the son of malcom mcdowell, but still. there was someone on hollywood elsewhere making claims that she was a closeted lesbian and has been dating a director for a while, and that the fact she is so closeted could hurt her oscar chances. which is odd because ted c stated in his bi that the actress preferred sleeping with women with power like directors and producers. but that could very well have been some deluded asshole.

by Anonymousreply 9501/11/2012

[quote]and although i believe he and rooney didn't have an affair, i do believe he fucked with her psychologically.

I completely agree. I think that's part of the reason why he chose her. For whatever reason, she probably seemed open and susceptible to him. I can definitely see him liking to treat people badly.

by Anonymousreply 9601/11/2012

David Fincher is a wall street banker.

by Anonymousreply 9701/11/2012

just the way rooney describes the process of auditioning sounds like he played with her head. jerking her around for 2 months and constantly bringing up how no one wanted her for the role, including himself at one point. she said that the day she found out she got the part, fincher called her into his office and interrogated her for two hours about whether she was strong enough to handle such a role, only to pull out an ipod with a press release revealing she got the part. talk about head games. even craig described their relationship as "fucking weird." i don't think it's sexual, but it is definitely a manipulative power trip of some kind. fincher seems like he would totally get off on jerking around a young, inexperienced actress like mara, who was obviously willing to do anything to portray the character and had no real experience with working with a big name director.

by Anonymousreply 9801/11/2012

by Anonymousreply 9907/31/2013

Hey gays, it's me, Rooney Mara!

Why don't you love me more?

I wear couture. I have an army of publicists working 24/7 to further my aloof air of bemused mystery. And I am generally disdainful of all things, particularly the industry I'm part of.

The NY Times loves me. Why don't the gays love me?

by Anonymousreply 10008/30/2013

I know people who are like her. They are desperate to appear hip and don't have solid identities. It really is more of a high school thing.

by Anonymousreply 10108/30/2013

Or maybe she actually IS the way she appears.

by Anonymousreply 10208/30/2013

She is the female equivalent of James Franco. They try ever so hard and just look like first year art school students desperately trying to out-edgy the competition.

by Anonymousreply 10308/30/2013

[quote]“My sister started acting when she was young,” Mara says of the elder Kate, who’s currently starring in the Netflix political thriller “House of Cards.” “But I just knew I didn’t want to be a child actor. I knew I wanted to go to school and wanted to start when I was older, so I would be taken seriously.”

Is she suggesting her sister isn't taken seriously? Jeez. Maybe she is EXACTLY an aspie.

by Anonymousreply 10408/31/2013

[quote]“I hate it when people ask me about my family — my football family,” Mara says “It has no relevance to acting.”

Nope, not relevant! Not relevant at all!

by Anonymousreply 10508/31/2013

by Anonymousreply 10610/01/2014

She's proof that women can be asshole douchebags, too.

by Anonymousreply 10710/04/2014

I believe that the gays have moved on from Rooney Mara. My two cents.

by Anonymousreply 10811/23/2014

I find her public persona annoying but I think she's a hell of an actress.

by Anonymousreply 10911/23/2014

"Hell of an actress?" If the key to being a good actress is looking moody and mumbling your lines.

by Anonymousreply 11011/23/2014

At least Rooney is not an airhead or a bimbo. She wants to grow as an actress. She has the Audrey Hepburn quality to her.

by Anonymousreply 11111/23/2014

Ms. Mara will NEVER be part of any "Fappening" either. No nudie pics of her--she is way too discreet.

by Anonymousreply 11211/23/2014

I like Kate. Rooney is goony.

by Anonymousreply 11311/23/2014

Rooney Mara did appear nude in "The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo," and "Side Effects."

Then again, I don't see Rooney posing nude for Playboy in the near future.

by Anonymousreply 11411/23/2014

Yes, in her movies, which is quite a different thing, of course. That's work. But she's too discreet to allow private nude pictures of her to be hacked. It's not going to happen. (She's too skinny for most straight guys to take much of an interest anyway.)

by Anonymousreply 11511/23/2014

Who keeps bumping all these Rooney threads?

by Anonymousreply 11611/23/2014

Someone must have watched "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" today--I also saw one or two David Fincher threads on the front page.

by Anonymousreply 11711/23/2014

by Anonymousreply 11811/23/2014

I agree with you, r115.

by Anonymousreply 11911/24/2014

I have one question for anyone on here to answer.

Does anyone think that Rooney Mara will ever play a love interest of Morris Chestnut or Taye Diggs in a movie down the road?

by Anonymousreply 12011/24/2014

by Anonymousreply 12111/25/2014

Check out Rooney in the "Pan" trailer. Her outfit is hideous.

by Anonymousreply 12211/26/2014

Rooney should be very grateful that "The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo" brought her out of obscurity. It doesn't matter how long she will be an actress but the role of Lisbeth Salander will be remembered by the public the most.

by Anonymousreply 12311/26/2014

I can't believe that Rooney used to hate what she looked like and dressed like before TGWTDT. That is Hollywood transformation for you.

by Anonymousreply 12411/27/2014

Why does the Pan trailer look so cheap? It looks slightly better than the Nbc's Peter Pan trailer.

Wright said he wanted a multi-cultural twist and a complete retelling of the origin of Peter Pan. Hmm...okay.

by Anonymousreply 12511/27/2014

I wish I knew, r125.

by Anonymousreply 12611/28/2014

Does anyone think that Rooney Mara will have a long lasting career like Audrey Hepburn?

by Anonymousreply 12711/29/2014

Does anyone think that Rooney Mara will defend herself about the Tiger Lily character when "Pan" comes out next year? Somebody please answer this. Thank you.

by Anonymousreply 12812/02/2014

Anybody home?

by Anonymousreply 12912/02/2014

So far Rooney hasn't had to defend herself about playing Tiger Lily because Pan doesn't come out until July of 2015.

by Anonymousreply 13012/05/2014

Does anyone on here think Rooney's parents bought her a movie career?

by Anonymousreply 13112/14/2014

Rooney's email to Amy Pascal about the future of GIRL WITH THE DRAGON TATTOO sequels.

by Anonymousreply 13212/14/2014

And Amy's phone number is visible. Hahha

by Anonymousreply 13312/14/2014

It's not amy's phone number, it's rooney's phone number.

by Anonymousreply 13412/14/2014

No R134,look at the email. It's posted in the email Amy sent after she wrote "call me"..

by Anonymousreply 13512/14/2014

Oops, I stand corrected!

by Anonymousreply 13612/14/2014

Wouldn't this be the sort of thing Rooney should contact her agent about? Anyway, the Swedish miniseries of the Millennium Trilogy is widely available, making the US remakes kind of pointless.

by Anonymousreply 13712/14/2014

Rooney must be pissed right now with Amy Pascal because they are giving her the funky go around.

She probably knows now that the sequels to TGWTDT will never happen.

by Anonymousreply 13812/17/2014

Rooney Mara: South Sudan's hope survives year-old war

When most people think of South Sudan, if they think of it at all, they imagine poverty and war. They imagine a world and people that are far removed from the everyday life that most of us reading this are lucky enough to enjoy. But that was not my experience in the world's youngest nation.

What I saw on my three trips through South Sudan were people just like you and me. People with desires and needs. People in love. Mothers and fathers. Sisters and brothers. Friends and enemies. People with resilience, determination. But above all -- hope.

A year ago Monday, conflict again erupted in South Sudan. Since then, thousands of people have been killed, nearly 2 million people have been forced to flee their homes, and 6 million South Sudanese -- almost half the country -- have found themselves in desperate need of aid.

Last week, as I traveled through Mingkaman, a small village in South Sudan's Lakes state, with the aid organization Oxfam, I met people whose lives have been turned upside down by conflict over the last year, but who still haven't lost their belief that things can get better.

At a camp for people who had crossed the Nile to escape the violence that destroyed their homes, a middle-aged Dinka man, who was easily 7 feet tall, told me that armed men had stolen all of his cows -- his main source of income. When I offered my sympathy for his loss, he smiled and said, "Don't worry, I will get more cows."

Indeed, much of the story of South Sudan is a story of hope. When the country gained independence in 2011 after more than half a century of war, people danced and cried with joy in the streets as they looked forward to a future of peace and development.

Through the valiant efforts of the South Sudanese people and support from the international community and organizations like Oxfam, things were getting better. New roads were paved, communities without access to clean water saw wells drilled, and violence was drastically reduced. Tens of thousands of young girls were receiving education for the first time. Things were changing for the better.

But then last December, a power struggle between the country's president and vice president turned violent and led to a skirmish between some of their supporters that has wreaked havoc across the country.

Church leaders and civil society groups have appealed for peace and reconciliation. People I met are opposed to -- and terrified by -- what's happening. But as the summer's rains have ended and the roads are once again passable, the fighting has resumed and is likely to get worse in the coming weeks.

Although the conflict has taken on an ethnic tone, people I spoke with were at pains to tell me that this wasn't a conflict between the Dinka and Nuer tribes, who have lived together, worked together, and intermarried for generations. Standing in the midst of rows of newly planted tomatoes, one Dinka man took a break from weeding to tell me that he believed in a peaceful future for South Sudan -- but not without greater action from the international community.

"When you have problems within your family," he told me, "you sometimes can't solve it yourself; you need someone from outside to come in and help you reconcile." His words were echoed by so many South Sudanese I spoke with, who highlighted the special role of the United States in helping the country achieve peace and gain its independence, and asked for America's assistance again now.

As we mark one year since the start of this terrible conflict, we have to do more to support South Sudanese peacemakers and pressure the country's leaders to stop fighting. The resilience of the people of South Sudan can only go so far without a political solution to this conflict.

Even now when I think of South Sudan, I don't think of war. I don't think of poverty and children with AK-47s. All of this exists within the country, but I think of the confident cattle herder who believes he will regain his lost cows, even in the face of such despair. I think of the many pregnant young women I met, who were excited for their future and the future of their children, hoping that it would include peace and a chance for a good education.

But most of all I think about the many incredible people I met who have lost everything they have in the world, but still manage to keep going and keep hoping for peace. It is for those people that the U.S. must act to keep that hope alive.

by Anonymousreply 13912/20/2014

Why aren't they making the sequels to The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo? It made a shit-ton of money.

by Anonymousreply 14012/20/2014

Daniel Craig wants more money, r140.

by Anonymousreply 14112/20/2014

Rooney Mara arrives at LAX Airport.

by Anonymousreply 14201/07/2015

These people definitely notify the paps they'll be coming into the airport because there's no way they'd otherwise be recognized.

by Anonymousreply 14301/07/2015

I agree with you, r143.

by Anonymousreply 14401/07/2015

Westchester native Rooney Mara will lend her voice to animated film

Rooney Mara will be free to skip the hair and makeup chair when she films her next movie role. The Bedford native will be heard but not seen in the upcoming animated film "Kubo and the Two Strings."

Mara and stars including Matthew McConaughey, Charlize Theron and Ralph Fiennes will lend their voices to the movie about a boy on the run from gods and monsters in ancient Japan. The film will be released in theaters in August, 2016.

Roles have been rolling in for Rooney Mara in recent months. The Fox Lane High School grad will play Tiger Lily in Joe Wright’s Peter Pan prequel “Pan.” She will also star “The Secret Scripture,” about a woman who writes a secret memoir about her life in mental institutions. And the Oscar nominee, 29, will produce and star in “A House In The Sky,” the true story of abducted journalist Amanda Lindhout.

by Anonymousreply 14501/09/2015

by Anonymousreply 14601/19/2015

Rooney Mara will be turning thirty in April. Ain't that something.

by Anonymousreply 14701/19/2015

I just have to say that this thread is dead. I don't know who started the thread. It wasn't me. I guess that the love for Rooney Mara on this board is dead.

by Anonymousreply 14801/20/2015

Rooney Mara: Girl With the Dragon Tattoo Sequel Is Pretty Much Dead

We've got some bad news.

The much-wanted Girl With the Dragon Tattoo sequel won't be coming to a theater near you.

Rooney Mara, who starred in director David Fincher's movie adaptation of the best-selling novel, confirms it's a lost cause.

"I don't think it's going to happen," she told me earlier this week at the Oxfam dinner she hosted with Barneys New York at Chateau Marmont. "I'm sad never to do it again, but it just doesn't seem like it's in the cards."

Fincher reportedly told Swedish website Afton Bladet in September that a script was being written for a follow-up movie based on the novel The Girl Who Played With Fire.

"I think because [Sony] already has spent millions of dollars on the rights and the script so it will result in something," he reportedly said. "The script that we now have [has] a huge potential, I can reveal as much as it is extremely different from the book."

In May, Mara told me she was interested in reprising her role as computer hacker Lisbeth Salander and suggested fans start a petition to get it going.

Dragon Tattoo was released four years ago and co-starred Daniel Craig, Robin Wright, Christopher Plummer and Stellan Skarsgard.

The $90 million production grossed $233 million at the box office.

by Anonymousreply 14902/22/2015

she won best actress at Cannes:

by Anonymousreply 15005/24/2015
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!