Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Those with no plans on New Years Eve...

does it make you feel like a loser or do you tell yourself that it's ok?

by Anonymousreply 4112/02/2012

I have plans but rather had a quiet night.

by Anonymousreply 112/31/2011

by Anonymousreply 212/31/2011

My partner and I had dinner with a friend. Now we're having a quiet evening at home. I'm not at my city's official NYE celebration. Does that make me a loser?

by Anonymousreply 312/31/2011

I feel more like a looser.

by Anonymousreply 412/31/2011

It's ok.

by Anonymousreply 512/31/2011

It's 2 degrees above zero here. I don't feel like going out. I haven't made a practice of going out on NYE in years and years. Too many drunks on the road.

by Anonymousreply 612/31/2011

A couple of years ago, I stayed in on NYE. I have to admit, I prefer to be out and about. But that's just me...

by Anonymousreply 712/31/2011

it used to bother me but it doesn't anymore.

by Anonymousreply 812/31/2011

I turned down three (admittedly lackluster) invites. I am home alone, which is just where I want to be.

by Anonymousreply 912/31/2011

getting three invitations is flattering!

by Anonymousreply 1012/31/2011

It's okay. It's the first New Year's i have spent at home alone in years. I like the quiet change.

by Anonymousreply 1112/31/2011

I'm not a loser, because I choose to be alone..grow up!

by Anonymousreply 1212/31/2011

Are you kidding? There is no holiday spirit whatsoever this year. Christmas music, which is usually unavoidable, was in short supply this year and disappeared completely on 12:01AM on December 26th. I have yet to see a Christmas tree in anyone's home or on the street, which is usual by New Year's day, and I received less than half of my usual Xmas cards (which I still send). I don't know whether it's indicative of the harsh economy or that people have had it with any celebration of the season, secular or not.And I think it's very, very sad. Then I see the horrible presentations on the networks with people like Anderson Cooper and Carson Daly with their tweets and stupidity and shitfest of 'entertainers,' I can't help but be left in a state of despair as I face the new year.

by Anonymousreply 1301/01/2012

I have been yahoo chatting with a physically handicapped friend in Georgia this evening. Wished him a happy new year, he wanted to share a cyber kiss and he was so glad to bring in the new year with a guy... I know sentiment is not appreciated or encouraged here at DL but communicating with him when so many people ignore him or think because he has cerebral palsy he is less of a person... well, we both get some positives out of it. So, Happy New Year from James and Rick.

by Anonymousreply 1401/01/2012

I love you r13.

by Anonymousreply 1501/01/2012

Been there, done that with the club parties and Vegas New Year's parties. Now I'd rather do house parties or stay home.

Done with wild & crazy. It's safe & sane for me.

by Anonymousreply 1601/01/2012

Pucker up, Miss Sissyboodles, it's almost midnight!

by Anonymousreply 1801/01/2012

I hung out with friends this afternoon, then came home because I still feel a little crappy. I fell asleep, slept through midnight, now I'm wide awake.

But I didn't feel like a loser, I just felt like crap.

by Anonymousreply 1901/01/2012

Im depressed. I wanted to go out to a local club, but my partner is sound asleep on the sofa. I hate staying in on New Years Eve.

by Anonymousreply 2001/01/2012 I'm watching Guy Lombardo and the Royal Canadians from the Waldorff Astoria ballroom on PBS. For as long as I can stand it.

by Anonymousreply 2101/01/2012

Well R20, why would you have to stay home just because your loser partner is. You need to stand for yourself and say "fuck it, I'm going to have fun"

by Anonymousreply 2201/01/2012

I've never gone out on New Year's so it doesn't matter to me. I watched Anderson and Kathy and had fun.

by Anonymousreply 2301/01/2012

Oh, Christ, talk to me, r15.

by Anonymousreply 2401/01/2012

I'm home alone with my kitty. She's all the love I need for NYE. All of my dearest friends have passed away and I like to think of each of them and the great times we had while alive and together. I called my parents to wish them a happy NY's. I'm so fortunate to have them both. I didn't think my Dad would make it through the year, but he's a trooper and may even get rid of his walking frame, he's 92.

I hope each of you have wonderful NYE and day.

by Anonymousreply 2501/01/2012

What's the opposite of 'eldergay'? Whatever it is, it's what OP is.

Child, if you define yourself through your party habits, that's just sad.

by Anonymousreply 2601/01/2012

We had no plans, but at about 7:30 pm my partners parents called us and invited us out to a 5 Star restaurant in Philadelphia and to watch the fireworks on the waterfront. He said no because he was too tired and didn't want to deal with traffic. We are in our early 40's-His parents-82 and 77. Tres glamour!

by Anonymousreply 2701/01/2012

I'm home after a a nice afternoon and evening with friends and in-laws. The partner and I will likely watch the New Year come in on TV.

One nice thing of being in my 40s is I don't feel like I have to pretend that celebrating New Year's out with a crowd is my idea of fun.

by Anonymousreply 2801/01/2012

I had this overwhelming need to wake up in freshly laundered sheets so I did a laundry earlier. Now I can sip champagne in clean linens.

by Anonymousreply 2901/01/2012

I think there really are some people who seriously PREFER to spend NYE at home, and sometimes alone. Totally cool. One is only a "loser" if he or she THINKS that is the case. I have spent some years of my life alone on NYE and enjoyed it. It's great every few years to check in with ancient Dick Clark (who, btw, was great tonight, old and slurring but with a face full of tan make-up and GREAT attitude!) or Anderson and Kathy. No hangovers, no risk of getting arrested, no guilt or mess to clean up the next day.

I was at a fun party tonight but it would have been just as fun home alone. Seriously.

by Anonymousreply 3001/01/2012

Another one here who doesn't like to go out on NYE. I'm also in my 40's. Some friends had invited me over, but then they had to cancel it when one of them had to work. I am ok with that though. I prefer to be at home.

by Anonymousreply 3101/01/2012

I wanted to stay home tonight but I started getting depressed. Like R30 said, it's what you think about it that makes it what it is. So for myself, I didn't feel like a loser, but just felt that if I spent the rest of the night by myself, I'd get more & more depressed. So I went to my sister's house where my other 2 sisters & my mother were. It took me a few minutes to get into the party mood but it wasn't long before I was laughing with my family & playing games with my nieces & nephews. So I'm glad I went. I feel a lot better than I did before I left.

by Anonymousreply 3201/01/2012

OP you are the only loser. You are obviously trying to make yourself feel suprior by trying to make someone else feel bad. Really sad.

by Anonymousreply 3301/01/2012

Thank you, r33.

by Anonymousreply 3401/01/2012

I've had many crazy New Year's but this year I know I'm not fun. Can't pretend... don't want to spend the money. My boyfriend of 16 years went to Miami with friends (it's also our anniversary)

I crashed with the dog at 10pm and slept most of the night. Today, I'm going on a long bike ride by myself after I organize and clean around the house...

so how do I feel? A W E S O M E !!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 3501/01/2012

Any good fun piano bars to go to on New years Eve with dinner in Manhattan?

by Anonymousreply 3612/01/2012

[all posts by right wing shit-stain # a removed.]

by Anonymousreply 3712/01/2012

Do rentboys charge extra for holidays?

by Anonymousreply 3812/01/2012

Is this a real question?

Ever since I entered adulthood (over 20 years ago), I've seen people of all stripes (gay/straight, single/partnered/married) do a wide variety of things for New Years Eve - big parties, intimate dinners, sitting around with a couple friends, doing nothing, unwinding from the holiday season.

And, I've never heard anyone feel bad or like a loser about their plans if those plans don't amount to much.

If you have the opportunity to party and want to, great. If not, big deal.

by Anonymousreply 3912/01/2012

It never really bothered me to be alone on New Year's Eve. I would just stay in, watch movies, have some drinky poos and cook myself a nice din-din. Now, my BF and I ( both in our late 40's, so we're paleo gays by DL standards ) just stay home and avoid the hassles. We snuggle, watch "New Year's Rockin' Eve" and make ball drop jokes.

by Anonymousreply 4012/01/2012

I'm not at all excited about 2013. Nothing interesting about that number or that year at all. It seems quite nondescript.

2012 always had a lot of hype, 2010 was the beginning of the new decade, but 2013 just seems... blah.

New Year's in NYC is always the same. Outrageous crowds, blaring music, Frank Sinatra's "NY, NY" over Times Square, Bloomberg pressing the button with some random celebrity. Then everybody goes home, and the street sweepers get to work. YAWN.

When you think about it, New Year's Eve is just a lot of hype, with none of the delivery.

So cheer up, op. You really aren't missing much. It really is just another night.

by Anonymousreply 4112/02/2012
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!