Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Post Christmas depression

I get so bummed out once Christmas is over. I feel really sad that we won't be hearing the Christmas songs anymore or see all the decorations. It feels almost like someone died. Wouldn't it be nice if we could have Christmas at least 2 or 3 times a year?

by Anonymousreply 2611/19/2012

YES!

by Anonymousreply 112/28/2011

I couldn't afford it.

by Anonymousreply 212/28/2011

Christmas once a year is way too much. I would prefer once every five or seven years.

by Anonymousreply 412/28/2011

Only in America is Christmas over at this time. Around the rest of the planet, the Christmas season began last Sunday and today is the 4th day of Christmas. You, OP, are on the Walmart Giftmas schedule. That's why you think Christmas is over.

by Anonymousreply 512/28/2011

The Christmas season isn't over until Epiphany, January 6th, you godless heathen. That is the date that the Wise Men presented Our Blessed Saviour with their gifts.

Who knows why, maybe the camels got the shits and delayed their travel or something, but they were a little bit late.

So keep on feeling jolly and everything. Don't get depressed until Lent, when you're supposed to.

by Anonymousreply 612/28/2011

Just the opposite for me. I was so happy on Monday! The Holidays are over!!

by Anonymousreply 712/28/2011

How can the OP be depressed when there is much to look forward to in 2012:

- the Academy Awards in February

- a new season of Dancing with the Stars in March

- the Olympics in the UK in August

- Obama being re-elected in November

etc.

by Anonymousreply 812/28/2011

Here you go, OP. This is for you. The 1892 short story, "Christmas Every Day," by William Dean Howells.

by Anonymousreply 912/28/2011

The Catholic Christmas season used to last until the Feast of the Presentation in the Temple on February 2, so my family has always left the tree up until then. I love having coffee in the morning while gazing at the tree. Very relaxing.

Or just pretend you're Orthodox. Their Christmas Day hasn't even happened yet.

by Anonymousreply 1012/29/2011

I personally hate Christmas. It brings out the worst in my family, especially my mother, who feels like the holiday isn't complete without having at least two meltdowns over totally petty shit.

I love January. That's when I go to the Dominican Republic for a week with my partner's family. And this year we're also going up to a spa in Stowe, Vermont for Martin Luther King Day weekend.

Christmas is for kids. After 18-years of age, you're just executing off formula anyway.

by Anonymousreply 1112/29/2011

Not just that, but the kindness and the meeting up with people that you never see because life is too busy...

by Anonymousreply 1212/29/2011

[quote]I feel really sad that we won't be hearing the Christmas songs anymore or see all the decorations.

I'm just the opposite. Early in the morning on Boxing Day (Mon, Dec 26), I walked into the neighborhood grocery store to find all the decorations gone, 50% discounts on all Xmas wrap, & Chuck Berry's "Just Give Me Some Of That Rock & Roll Music!" playing on the PA -- closely followed by Garnet Mims' "Cry, Baby" & Jackie Wilson's "Higher & Higher". I felt happy for the first time after 2 months of living with daily dread.

by Anonymousreply 1312/29/2011

I love Christmas and believe the celebration should extend through Epiphany, but you must be young, OP, because it comes around too fast nowadays for me to get too depressed when it's over. Kids' days are short and their years long, and gradually that reverses.

by Anonymousreply 1412/29/2011

Oh for heavens sake, OP, put on Christmas music whenever you want and get that spray can of Christmas smell for your house. Do whatever you please - it's certainly better than some other peoples' fetishes.

by Anonymousreply 1512/29/2011

The baby Jeebus weeps for you.

by Anonymousreply 1612/29/2011

OP, I agree with you. I have my Pandora stations all set up to play xmas all the time starting right after Thanksgiving. But... privately in my home, and usually when noone else is around. I do go around singing or humming joyfully, because it just makes me feel good, but am careful to not overdo it.

One local radio station played xmas all the time, and I was disheartened to find out they totally reverted after 12/25.

I know, I know, xmas is over. BUT! Get your mulling spices and simmer a large pot of water when you're home at night. Even if you drink none, it smells wonderful. And play your Pandora xmas stations at home. And then you can quietly extend for another couple weeks or so.

You can also get an aromatherapy diffuser for your car's cig lighter and get a pre-blended mix, or just get a bottle of clove oil and a bottle of orange essential oil, and you can have a clean, pure scent in your car that is reminiscent of xmas. Can probably also find cinnamon oil if you want to add that to the mix.

by Anonymousreply 1712/29/2011

Waaaahh!

Christmas depresses me!

Waaaaaah!

I'm so sad when Christmas is over!

Waaaaah!

by Anonymousreply 1812/29/2011

Thank you, OP, for a charming post.

Things must end for us to truly appreciate them.

by Anonymousreply 1912/29/2011

I'm just depressed - regardless if it's Christmas or not. Strangely, I was a little less sad over Christmas because there were more people (friends of mine) looking to get together to fill voids during the holidays.

by Anonymousreply 2012/29/2011

I think its perfectly normal OP. Many people get seasonal depression this time of year. Get out, do some excercise, get some fresh air. If that doesn't do it there's always Zoloft.

by Anonymousreply 2112/29/2011

Me too. So glad holidays are near

by Anonymousreply 2211/19/2012

I get depressed over the fact that Christmas gets thrown at us in October and November. When the real Christmas season is starting on Dec. 24th, everyone is ready to shut it down by the afternoon of the 25th. The twelve days of Christmas are filled with packing up decorations and getting ready for Valentines Day.

by Anonymousreply 2311/19/2012

FUCK Christmas, I say!

FUCK it right up it's tight, unyielding ass!

by Anonymousreply 2411/19/2012

I know. It's more like walmartmas.

by Anonymousreply 2511/19/2012

Is the OP the same troll who vehemently "hates" Christmas? I'd say so.

by Anonymousreply 2611/19/2012
Need more help? Click Here.