Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Janet Jackson for NutriSystem

I haven't been paying attention..is her career in the shitter? Is she as bad with her money as Michael was? Between the NutriSystem ads and the Blackgama ads, I get the impression that her career has taken a turn for the worst.

Or is NutriSystem no longer a cheesy shitty food company?

by Anonymousreply 14111/18/2012

A girl's gotta eat.

by Anonymousreply 112/27/2011

I've seen the Nutrisystem commercial about ten times over the last few days, and I'm already sick of it!

And, yes, I would say that things aren't going very well for Ms Jackson.

by Anonymousreply 212/27/2011

The commerial gives me the creeps.

Janet's speaking voice, her weird 1980's costume, her Hammer style pants - the fact that she is pushing Nutrisystem....

and the commercial plays over and over endlessly.

by Anonymousreply 312/27/2011

She's not even on their plan. She's desperate. She's fatter than she was before she started her little stripped down tour. How did that happen? Menopause? Overeating again? What's with the Jacksons and their inability to speak up?

by Anonymousreply 412/28/2011

[quote]I haven't been paying attention..is her career in the shitter? Is she as bad with her money as Michael was? Between the NutriSystem ads and the Blackgama ads, I get the impression that her career has taken a turn for the worst.

OP, just ask yourself this simple question. Would you expect to see Cher or Madonna do a weight loss/diet food commercial?

Now you have your answer.

by Anonymousreply 512/28/2011

[quote]Would you expect to see Cher or Madonna do a weight loss/diet food commercial?

Have you forgotten Cher's infomercials in the '90's?

by Anonymousreply 612/28/2011

Furs and NutriSystem. I think she's the new face of fat retiree fur hags w/ too much money.

by Anonymousreply 712/28/2011

Janet is not getting paid for this. The proceeds are going to hunger relief.

Its not like she needs the money. She was already filthy rich before this last tour and her boyfriend is extremely wealthy.

by Anonymousreply 912/28/2011

Commercials are one thing, r8; commercials for a weight loss program, specifically, are the sign of a floundering career. Madonna is an icon, like it or not; Miss Jackson, uh, not so much.

by Anonymousreply 1012/28/2011

Damita Ho's career is in the shitter!

by Anonymousreply 1112/28/2011

Janet Jackson with that whispery voice is annoying. You can barley hear what she is saying.

by Anonymousreply 1212/28/2011

Thump Thump

Whisper, Whisper

Thump Thump

Something about my pussy

Thump Thump

Whisper, Whisper

by Anonymousreply 1312/28/2011

[R14], you seem like a lovely person. Let's do coffee sometime.

by Anonymousreply 1512/28/2011

r14 = F&F

r15, Janet would like that coffee shot straight up her fat ass.

r8, Madonna did them at the height of her success, which has been since forever. This is infomercial-type shit, which has always been done by those whose careers are on the skids.

Janet *is* getting paid for this. She needs the money. She needs the exposure. Her career is over. She knows it. Everyone does.

Her next endorsement will be even more cringe-worthy, that's if she can even get a company to sign her. Probably weave-in-a-bag.

She can't even get signed to a record label.

by Anonymousreply 1612/28/2011

r9 also believes JJ when she says her boob thing was a "wardrobe malfunction".

Girlfriend, please.

If charity was her motivation, there would be more effective and less laughable ways of helping kids in need.

JJ is getting paid for this, and you don't know one bit if her "wealthy boyfriend" is paying anything for her.

Maybe he actually made her do this?

by Anonymousreply 1712/28/2011

Cher did those infomercials during a slump in her career, before the 'Believe' single made her relevant again.

You don't see her doing infomercials now, do you?

The fact that JJ does infomercials means one thing only: she is ovah.

by Anonymousreply 1812/28/2011

[quote]Janet *is* getting paid for this. She needs the money.

She is *not* getting paid for this sweetie. Janet Jackson was once the highest paid name in music. She has always been very careful with her money, unlike Michael and some of her other brothers. A couple of years ago, Janet was interviewed in her California home. I expected something opulent like Michael would have had, but her home was modest for someone of her status, and she's lived there since the 90s. She also made some lucrative investments when she was really raking in the cash from those mega tours.

by Anonymousreply 1912/28/2011

R13, I love you!

by Anonymousreply 2012/28/2011

Janet did the superbowl first, when MTV was producing it and they could get the biggest superstars of the day.

Madonna is appearing now because they want safe, middle of the road oldies acts to entertain the masses. Still successful, my ass. What's next, a Walmart opening?

by Anonymousreply 2112/28/2011

r19 believes each and every shit staged for a tv show.

There is no evidence whatsoever that Janet has got loads of money today.

Again, *if she were truly interested in charity* there would be more effective ways to help than a fucking INFOMERCIAL for a diet program, which DOES spell career death in the industry, like it or not.

She's doing this for exposure, for money (she is getting paid, even if some money "goes to charity"), and because she's running out of options.

by Anonymousreply 2312/28/2011

I don't know who is crazier: the JJ loons or the haters that insist she's OVAH when all signs point to her public acceptance being higher than it has been in years.

Yes, Janet is an icon. She's done things no other artist has done. She has been ripped off SHAMELESSLY by the likes of Britney, Christina, Ciara, etc.

Has she been bigger? Of course. She's 44 which is practically dead in entertainer years. So what?

I'm not sure why everyone has to bring Madonna into it. They are both icons and mentioned in the same breath when people speak of the greats. I don't understand why it always has to be one or the other.

by Anonymousreply 2412/28/2011

r19, she is getting paid, and you just explained a typical has-been.

by Anonymousreply 2512/28/2011

Madonna, Prince and Janet are never going to end up on a "Best of The Eighties!" tour, unlike most artists who started out when they did. They'll always sell out a house by themselves, if only for one night. Janet is the closest thing we have to Michael now, and she'll probably incorporate some of his music into her show. I can see all three of these artists touring until the bitter end, like The Rolling Stones.

by Anonymousreply 2612/28/2011

r21 isn't even trying now. Honey, come on, you can do better than that. Madonna is going to be beamed into just about every American household, and now the Superbowl has been announced as extending itself to just about every mobile and internet service device out there. Madonna will be the most watched performer in American history next year. She will beat Michael Jackson and Janet Jackson's Superbowl viewership combined. Madonna's bosses, Live Nation, own the Superbowl Half-Time show, and the majority of US radio. She's signed to the most powerful music industry owner in the world.

[italic]Yes, Janet is an icon. She's done things no other artist has done. She has been ripped off SHAMELESSLY by the likes of Britney, Christina, Ciara, etc.[/italic]

THANKS FOR THE LAUGH!

The World: Janet who?

No one outside of America gives two shits about Michael Jackson's other sister. No one gives two shits about Janet in America.

Comparing Madonna's career to Janet's, is like comparing Madonna's career to Debbie Gibson's. Even Paula Abdul has more potentially going for her than her former student, Janet Jackson does.

by Anonymousreply 2712/28/2011

[italic]Madonna, Prince and Janet are never going to end up on a "Best of The Eighties!" tour, unlike most artists who started out when they did. They'll always sell out a house by themselves, if only for one night. [/italic]

Janet can't sell out a house, which is why she couldn't tour anything bigger than a movie theater this year. She barely sold out the dates as it was.

Janet Jackson is officially dead and buried.

by Anonymousreply 2812/28/2011

[quote]Again, *if she were truly interested in charity*

What do you mean if? Janet Jackson and Michael Jackson are among the most charitable stars. Janet has supported AIDS charities like AMFAR for years, it must be decades at this point. And that doesnt include the other charities she has given to.

And why do threads about Janet bring out the crazy so much? She is a very pleasant and sweet person. The LGBT community has always been close to her heart. You have to be a really damaged person to hate on Janet Jackson out of all celebrities, even if you dont like her music.

by Anonymousreply 2912/28/2011

r29 = Janet Dorito Ho Jackson

by Anonymousreply 3012/28/2011

[quote]And why do threads about Janet bring out the crazy so much? She is a very pleasant and sweet person. The LGBT community has always been close to her heart. You have to be a really damaged person to hate on Janet Jackson out of all celebrities, even if you dont like her music.

Sweetie, you have to understand that these eldergay Madonna stans are sad people. They're masochistic and enjoy defending a mean old bitch who doesn't do shit for them except take their money. She has a nasty personality and these dumbass fans of hers STILL stuck by her even when she married homophobic Guy Ritchie and she washed her hands of gay people to please him, including her own brother.

Janet has always been nice and a strong supporter of the LGBT community, so I don't know where all the hate comes. But then again, with all the racist comments I read on this site, I shouldn't be too surprised.

by Anonymousreply 3112/28/2011

[quote]Janet Dorito Ho Jackson

LMAO!!!

[quote]Janet has always been nice and a strong supporter of the LGBT community

Even when she recorded with Beenie Man who said all gays & lesbians should be put to death and equated homosexuality with pedophilia?

by Anonymousreply 3212/28/2011

"I'm not sure why everyone has to bring Madonna into it. They are both icons and mentioned in the same breath when people speak of the greats."

Uh, no.

by Anonymousreply 3312/28/2011

"Janet is the closest thing we have to Michael now"

LOL

by Anonymousreply 3412/28/2011

r24, your post contradicts itself in so many different ways.

You say:

"all signs point to her public acceptance being higher than it has been in years"

and then this:

"She's 44 which is practically dead in entertainer years"

Can you please make up your mind?

by Anonymousreply 3512/28/2011

"Madonna, Prince and Janet are never going to end up on a "Best of The Eighties!" tour, unlike most artists who started out when they did. They'll always sell out a house by themselves"

Sweetheart, Janet didn't sell out her tour. She had to tour mini-venues in front of 25 people, and later took her tour to Abu Dhabi (!) to generate any profit at all.

Prince is over as a live performer as well.

Those "Best of the Eighties" tours that you disparage are FAR more successful than either Janet or Prince's sad tours. Cyndi & co. have toured for years, both in the US and abroad, and are making a mint off of them.

Madonna, of course, is in a different league entirely. Her most recent tour made 400 million plus.

by Anonymousreply 3612/28/2011

Wow, I never knew Janet Jackson, of all celebrities, could inspire so much vitriol and hate.

The anti Janet loons are cray. Yes she's in a career slump, as most entertainers over 40 are. EVEN MADONNA, who is nowhere near as relevant and popular as she used to be.

Mariah Carey is doing Jenny Craig, and she is still making hit records, has a successful fashion line on HSN, and doesn't need the money. It's all about exposure and taking off your clothes to prove how hot you (still) are.

Janet is relatively harmless. Why so angry?

by Anonymousreply 3712/28/2011

"she married homophobic Guy Ritchie and she washed her hands of gay people to please him, including her own brother."

Bitch, please.

Stop believing everything Rupert "I need attention" Everett says about people who stopped caring about him.

Madonna has worked constantly with gay people during the Richtie years, from Jonas Akerlund to Jamie King to Stuart Price.

Madonna isn't out to "please" people, anyway. As if Guy Ritchie wasn't doing anything in his power to land HER, not the other way round. She was MADONNA, he was a nobody.

by Anonymousreply 3812/28/2011

"Mariah Carey is doing Jenny Craig, and she is still making hit records"

Wrong.

by Anonymousreply 3912/28/2011

"Yes she's in a career slump, as most entertainers over 40 are"

Wrong again.

Barbra, Cher, Tina, and, yes, Madonna, are still popular and attracting big crowds. Barbra and Madonna also still have albums that debut on top of the charts.

Janet and Mariah: not so much.

Stop lumping them all together.

by Anonymousreply 4012/28/2011

[quote]Prince is over as a live performer as well.

Bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 4112/28/2011

That ad drives me nuts, she talks like she's sedated (is she?)

by Anonymousreply 4212/28/2011

She has more than enough money. But, she is getting paid extremely well by Nutri System. Her boyfriend is a billionaire. She just likes to try to stay in the spotlight. She is also launching her own line of furs.

by Anonymousreply 4312/28/2011

Janet Dorito Ho Jackson

I forgot to add this is a LAME as hell right here. This wasn't funny at all. You need more people boo.

by Anonymousreply 4412/28/2011

Janet Dorito Ho Jackson is actually very funny.

by Anonymousreply 4512/28/2011

"She has more than enough money. But, she is getting paid extremely well by Nutri System."

Another contradiction then.

If she had "more than enough money", she wouldn't get paid AT ALL, and what's more, she wouldn't be taking her sorry tour to Abu Dhabi!

She doesn't get any exposure by "singing" in front of oil sheiks, does she?

Bottom line is: she does need the money.

by Anonymousreply 4612/28/2011

NutriSystem and Weight Watchers both get you to loose weight, but then you will get cancer from all the artificial sweeteners that they push.

by Anonymousreply 4712/28/2011

R40, you're hysterical. Calm down, none of these people care about you.

Debuting at the top of the charts doesn't mean much these days.

Both Mariah and Madonna sold millions with their last couple of studio albums. Period.

by Anonymousreply 4812/28/2011

Thus far, we have Jennifer Hudson doing Weight Watchers; Mariah Carey doing Jenny Craig; and Janet Jackson doing NutriSystem. What will we see next, Aretha Franklin doing Atkins?

by Anonymousreply 4912/28/2011

R22 is the psycho Madge freak from the other thread.

"Madonna was asked repeatedly to do Super Bowl *around the same time*, in 1998, 2000, 2001, but she always declined.

FAIL. Link please.

"biggest tour in history twice, in a row"

FAIL. She had the higest ticket prices out of every touring artist for those years. Add to that a fanbase of rich, middle aged white queens and there you go.

A transparent attempt to break a record. It was not legitimatly earned.

"she still debuts her albums at #1"

Which fall out of the charts two or three weeks later. FAIL.

"she still has singles reach the top 10."

One single, thanks to Justin Timberlake. So, FAIL.

"and people still pay attention to whatever she does, wherever she does it."

LOL! And how many point and laugh?

FAIL.

R37 The Madonna fans desperately want everyone to think that Madonna is as big as she was twenty five years ago. There's a lot of anger in their delusions, so to compensate, they take it out on other entertainers.

Madonna fanatics are just humorless, miserable people.

by Anonymousreply 5012/28/2011

Aren't all of those Jackson siblings milking Michael Jackson's music?

by Anonymousreply 5112/28/2011

Janet looks like she is one and off prednisone.(That round face is the first clue) There's a rumor she has Lupus. Just going off the prednisone when she is feeling better would greatly help her lose the weight. But when she is on it - pretty impossible.

by Anonymousreply 5212/28/2011

Dorito Ho

Desperate, fat, awry

But down for a good time

Taurus, my sign

Like raisins but love the moonshine

Makin' infomercial headlines

Feel I'm too deep to define

Simple inside

But I'm livin' the diva life

The Dorito Ho

Do you like me?

I'm so needy

Just for what you see?

The Dorito Ho

Do you think that

I'm that person

You watch on T.V.?

The Dorito Ho

There's another side

That I don't hide

But might never show

The Dorito Ho

If you wanna get close

Baby, you can't

Till you get to know

A friend and a lover

A sista, a freak undercover

I do movies, I do dance, I do music

I love doin' my man

I wanna nasty boy to put it on me good

Ms Janet don't, but Dorito show do

A big lady, a whole lotta ass

But do me wrong, I'll get in that mash (potato)

The Dorito Ho

Do you like me

I'm so needy

Just for what you see?

The Dorito Ho

Do you think that

I'm that person

You watch on T.V.

The Dorito Ho

There's another side

That I don't hide

But might never show

The Dorito Ho

If you wanna get close

Baby, you can't

Till you get to know

The Dorito Ho

Do you like me?

I'm so needy

Just for what you see?

The Dorito Ho

Do you think that

I'm that person

You watch on T. V.?

The Dorito Ho

There's another side

That I don't hide

But might never show

The Dorito Ho

If you wanna get close

Baby, you can't

Till' you get to know

Ooh, I'm a tell your daddy

I'm a tell your mama

Yeah, girl

Sometimes you just wanna eat

Sometimes you just wanna lil attention

by Anonymousreply 5312/28/2011

[italic]Janet Dorito Ho Jackson

I forgot to add this is a LAME as hell right here. This wasn't funny at all. You need more people boo.[/italic]

It's funny. What's tragic is your use of the term "boo".

by Anonymousreply 5412/28/2011

[italic]FAIL. She had the higest ticket prices out of every touring artist for those years. Add to that a fanbase of rich, middle aged white queens and there you go.[/italic]

No, it's in the Guiness World Book of Records, dumbass. She has the highest grossing tour for a solo performer on record. That was with her last tour. Her previous two tours before that one also broke records. Each tour she breaks her previous record. This is why Live Nation signed her.

[italic]A transparent attempt to break a record. It was not legitimatly earned.[/italic]

That doesn't even make sense. She wants to be on top. She works for it and earns it. She's not Mariah Carey who sells her singles for .69 cents to chart.

[italic]"she still debuts her albums at #1"

Which fall out of the charts two or three weeks later. FAIL.[/italic]

Only in the US. Each album hits #1 in almost every country time after time, breaking the record.

[italic]"she still has singles reach the top 10."

One single, thanks to Justin Timberlake. So, FAIL.[/italic]

It's her single. You fail again. Doesn't matter who else she works with. Most artists these days use rappers, and others to get on radio. It's still a Madonna song.

I'm not even the person you're quoting. You're an idiot who needs to get her GED before posting. I mean, are you attempting to be completely moronic? This is easy research.

by Anonymousreply 5512/28/2011

[italic]"Mariah Carey is doing Jenny Craig, and she is still making hit records"[/italic]

Everything she's done fore the past couple of years flopped.

by Anonymousreply 5612/28/2011

[italic]"she married homophobic Guy Ritchie and she washed her hands of gay people to please him, including her own brother."

Bitch, please.

Stop believing everything Rupert "I need attention" Everett says about people who stopped caring about him.

Madonna has worked constantly with gay people during the Richtie years, from Jonas Akerlund to Jamie King to Stuart Price.[/italic]

Sorry, while I side with Madonna as apposed to Janet career wise, Madonna did cut the gays out of her life thanks to Ritchie. We know this from his own mouth, the homophobic POS, who pretends to be a street-wise chav who grew up on an estate with a gold spoon planted firmly in his big mouth. Why do you think he was invited to the Royal wedding? His family is connected. It had nothing to do with his celebrity.

She committed personality suicide to keep her marriage together. Those years with him were not Madonna. It was a phony reincarnation. The Lady of the Manor. "Tracksuit Madonna" was vomit-inducing.

Jonas Akerlund (to my knowledge), and Stuart Price aren't gay, btw. Stuart is married and has a baby with Madonna's former assistant turned manager, Angela Becker.

Jamie King was her only gay, and that was because of the tours. He was not a person she regularly hung out with. Photographer, Steven Klein is her main gay now.

by Anonymousreply 5712/28/2011

She has absolutely no music talent, other than being an okay dancer, her voice is non-existent and it's not like she needed the money she made back in the day. I'm glad karma has bit her in her flabby fat ass!

by Anonymousreply 5812/28/2011

R56, Mariah will never achieve the level of sales she had with her early records or even Emancipation, but her last album did okay. And she has a very successful line of crap on HSN.

NONE of these women will ever get to the levels of stardom at their peak, but I think when you reach a certain age, you have to do whatever you can to maintain some semblance of a career. It's not like they can go back to college and take up a new career. Cher did horrible late night infomercials in the 90s, and that is worse than being an official spokesperson for a weight loss company. But she made money and got through it.

Again, I don't know why Janet is being torn down the way she is, she is not the enemy and being a spokesperson for Nutrisystem isn't the end of the world. Fucking Madonna fans are loons.

by Anonymousreply 5912/28/2011

"It was not legitimatly (sic) earned"

Uh, yes it was.

People paid money for the tickets, and that allowed her to have the biggest solo tour in history - twice.

That's as legitimate an accomplishment as you can possibly have.

"One single, thanks to Justin Timberlake."

No, two singles. Hung Up went to #7, retired at TRL, and was one of the most downloaded songs of the 2000s.

If you think that that is a "flop", let's see if Janet can generate a "flop" of that order. She cannot chart a single to save her life these days.

"Madonna fanatics are just humorless, miserable people."

Madonna haters are just boring, ageist control freaks.

by Anonymousreply 6012/28/2011

r57, the fact that Madonna kept Jamie King and also had Steve Klein in her life (for ages now) pretty much contradicts those silly rumors she "cut the gays out of her life", to please Guy Ritchie.

Do you realize 'Confessions on a Dance Floor' was one big gay extravaganza, aimed squarely at her gay core audience? She even performed the album at London's G.A.Y. club. She also had gay dancers touching each other during 'Forbidden Love' on the Confessions tour.

Not to mention her kissing Britney and Christina, hardly a watershed moment in the history of heterosexuality.

All of this happened during her marriage to Guy Ritchie.

She was MUCH more whitebread and non-gay during the 'Something to Remember' and 'Evita' years, long before Ritchie came along.

I don't doubt that Ritchie's a spoiled, judgmental upper class brat. But even he had a gay character in his film 'RocknRolla' - he clearly doesn't belong to the Westboro Church, does he now? Plus he knew he was marrying the biggest gay icon on earth.

This silly rumor started because Rupert Everett couldn't handle the end of his friendship with Madonna, but he's an ass, so there are other reasons for her ending it.

by Anonymousreply 6112/28/2011

How the hell could anyone ever hate Janet Jackson? I don't understand such barbarism.

by Anonymousreply 6212/28/2011

Agreed, R37. As benine as Janet Jackson is, you have to wonder why there is so much hate and shade thrown her way (albeit, it's mostly from the Madonna freaks). What's hilarious is that these Madonna loons' oddly insane fascination with all things Janet Jackson goes back for decades, actually. They hated when Janet matched and then outshone Madonna's star wattage in the late '80s-'90s (hell, even Madge herself was a bit snippy at Janet back then--just watch "Truth or Dare" for Madonna's telling "Bite your tongue" remark about Janet).

All this, and for a woman who is supposedly SO washed up. If that were the case (which it clearly is not), then situations such as the following video would not have been even remotely possible.

by Anonymousreply 6312/28/2011

r62, she collaborated with Beenie Man, a violent homophobe (as in: truly violent).

Hate is too strong a word, but that's reason enough to dislike the woman.

by Anonymousreply 6412/28/2011

It's simple, R62...they're angry haters. Janet's legendary status and influence in the industry is cemented. Whenever you see an extravagant stage show, or dance-heavy, Broadway-esque videos, etc, Janet's been there and done that. She was the first female performer to achieve so many records that you can't even count them on both hands. Hell, it took Lady Gaga ten years later to break a record that Janet set with All For You.

by Anonymousreply 6512/28/2011

Some of their food.

by Anonymousreply 6612/28/2011

Janet apologized for duetting for Beenie Man.

Madonna has never apologized for endorsing and promoting an anti-gay religion. She has never even talked about the Kaballah's viewpoint on homosexuality. She never spoke out about Prop 8 or joined the No on 8 campaign until a day AFTER the vote.

It's ice that she made an album for us, so we can buy it and make her richer, and that she treats homosexuality as a shock tactic in her performances, but at this point, she should be a little more evolved.

But hey, she shills Kaballah water!

by Anonymousreply 6712/28/2011

The insane Janbot is back at r65.

The entire world has forgotten about JJ, but he won't have any of it.

Don't engage.

by Anonymousreply 6812/28/2011

Oh please, R64. You'll have to come a little better than that shit. If anyone ISN'T a homophobe, it's Janet. She had no idea about Beenie Man's lyrics when Virgin threw them together for "Feel it Boy". And with all of the charitable works she's done for the LGBT community over the years, you should be strung up for that completely asinine comment.

by Anonymousreply 6912/28/2011

She doesn't use it as shock tactic. The 'Forbidden Love' dance was about intimacy, and as non-shocking as you can be.

by Anonymousreply 7012/28/2011

LMAO!!!

by Anonymousreply 7112/28/2011

"She doesn't use it as shock tactic"

Right, the kiss with Britney was done out of pure love.

Why hasn't she addressed the Kaballah's stance on gay people? She's given tons of money towards that religion, yet has never spoken out against their views on homosexuality.

You're gonna make excuses for that, too?

by Anonymousreply 7212/28/2011

Janet Jackson is one of my favorite people, ever. She's been criticized so harshly all her life for being too innocent, then too sexy, too fat, too thin, etc.

She seems to be the sanest member of her sanity-challenged family and the ultimate peacemaker, even when she's being cheeky. She can be adorably cute and subversive at the same time.

I adore her and her lovely eyes and apple cheeks and indefatigable positivity. Absolutely feminine and powerful and always humble. She has always been the best kind of glamorous.

I don't crush on celebrities that often, and it's not a sexual thing, it's a personality thing. I wish I had one-third of her grit.

by Anonymousreply 7312/28/2011

Janet has plenty of money. She invested very wisely and is set for life.

She's doing NutriSystem for a considerable paycheck and because weight loss is something she has struggled with herself. Nothing more or less.

by Anonymousreply 7412/28/2011

[quote]Cher did horrible late night infomercials in the 90s, and that is worse than being an official spokesperson for a weight loss company. But she made money and got through it.

I give Cher a pass on this. This was the very early days of infomercials, in fact it is the first infomercial I ever remember seeing on TV. Nothing at all like what we have today.

Cher herself said she was doing a favor for her pal Lori Davis and had no clue that it would be 24/7 Cher on television.

I can understand Janet doing infomercials now, being a has-been and all, but Mariah Carey is the real shocker! She is destroying her legacy. I mean Janet's "legacy" is essentially ripping-off others' songs and adding new lyrics but Mariah was always fairly original.

by Anonymousreply 7512/28/2011

[quote]How the hell could anyone ever hate Janet Jackson? I don't understand such barbarism.

Janet Jackson and barbarism in the same sentence made me laugh.

by Anonymousreply 7612/28/2011

Except they're not in the same sentence...

by Anonymousreply 7712/29/2011

[quote]Except they're not in the same sentence...

Jesus. Only on DL.

by Anonymousreply 7812/29/2011

[italic][R57], the fact that Madonna kept Jamie King and also had Steve Klein in her life (for ages now) pretty much contradicts those silly rumors she "cut the gays out of her life", to please Guy Ritchie.

Do you realize 'Confessions on a Dance Floor' was one big gay extravaganza, aimed squarely at her gay core audience? She even performed the album at London's G.A.Y. club. She also had gay dancers touching each other during 'Forbidden Love' on the Confessions tour.[/italic]

Steven Klein was not in her social circle during that time, and what difference does it make if Confessions was a "gay" album? Madonna also has had no gay dancers on her last two tours. She had ONE on her 2004 tour. They're all straight. Madonna did not have any gay friends for the majority of the 2000s. Even with Confessions, she was phoning it in. She did not embody that persona. That's Madonna's life right now. She's playing hallow characters with each album. They aren't her. It's just a random job. She chooses a look and a hair color for the album and first single, and then it's over with.

[italic]I don't doubt that Ritchie's a spoiled, judgmental upper class brat. But even he had a gay character in his film 'RocknRolla' - he clearly doesn't belong to the Westboro Church, does he now? Plus he knew he was marrying the biggest gay icon on earth.

This silly rumor started because Rupert Everett couldn't handle the end of his friendship with Madonna, but he's an ass, so there are other reasons for her ending it.[/italic]

Nope, I know people in Guy Ritchie's innercircle. He's a big homophobe, but views it as typical macho laddish teasing.

by Anonymousreply 7912/29/2011

[italic]It's simple, [R62]...they're angry haters. Janet's legendary status and influence in the industry is cemented. [/italic]

BWAHAHAHAHA! Yeah, sure, hon. When's she getting that Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction?

[italic]Janet apologized for duetting for Beenie Man.

Madonna has never apologized for endorsing and promoting an anti-gay religion. She has never even talked about the Kaballah's viewpoint on homosexuality. She never spoke out about Prop 8 or joined the No on 8 campaign until a day AFTER the vote.[/italic]

None of this is true, but thanks for playing.

[italic]Why hasn't she addressed the Kaballah's stance on gay people? She's given tons of money towards that religion, yet has never spoken out against their views on homosexuality.

You're gonna make excuses for that, too?[/italic]

Let's see the links to all the anti-gay rhetoric the Kabbalah Centre preaches. I'll wait.

by Anonymousreply 8012/29/2011

[italic]Janet has plenty of money. She invested very wisely and is set for life.[/italic]

link.

by Anonymousreply 8112/29/2011

[italic][R56], Mariah will never achieve the level of sales she had with her early records or even Emancipation, but her last album did okay. [/italic]

"Memoirs Of An Imperfect Angel"???! The ultimate disaster album? WTF are you smoking?! She couldn't shift ten copies of that dud. She dropped it after a month.

by Anonymousreply 8212/29/2011

Not a contractdiction to say she has plenty of money. Yet she is still get paid well. Do any of you jellus bottomed out bitches have a filthy rich boyfriend? You are sitting here hatin on someone who is just making money for being famous and worrying about what she has in her bank account. Worry about your own over drawn bank accounts. It's not about Madonna versus Janet,Mariah or Cher. Sometime some of you go overboard with the hate. She isn't broke far from being a broke bitch like you so stop worrying about why she's doing Nutri system. She's doing it and getting paid. Plus has a fine as man who happens to be very wealthy.

Happy New Years bitches !

by Anonymousreply 8312/29/2011

Mimi at her best.

Bwahahahahahaha

by Anonymousreply 8412/29/2011

Has the stock for NutriSystem started plunging yet?

by Anonymousreply 8512/29/2011

I'm happy when I eat.

by Anonymousreply 8612/29/2011

r79, the point is, Madonna has never ever been anti-gay at any point in her career. On the contrary, she has promoted homosexuality like no other megastar before her.

She may not embody her personae as she did in the 80s and 90s, but she's in a different phase in her life, and I don't blame her.

What she does, she does extremely well, and I take her "phoned in" stuff over any Britney or Gaga shit album any day. I mean, Lady Gaga... exhibit A of not embodying a persona.

Secondly, how do you know each of her dancers' sexuality? Do you all know them personally?

She did have a very butch looking dancer from Israel on the S&S tour, and two dancers doing the gay "Forbidden Love" routine for Confessions. Madonna is projecting a gay image on her tours, and that's all I need to know.

by Anonymousreply 8712/29/2011

Fuck you broke hating cunts!

by Anonymousreply 8812/29/2011

She looks so stupid in that pic, r88.

Glad she's no longer around annoying us with her "songs".

by Anonymousreply 8912/29/2011

R89--the idiotic Janet-hating troll who is bringing the sunshine to this thread with an abundance of trolld-dar yellow...the obsessed neanderthal who consistantly posts in Janet threads spouting off about his "dislike" of her, offering up lame-ass excuses for said dislike such as her supposed "homophobia," etc...the non-informed shithead who stupidly goes on and on about Janet "ripping other people's songs off," when less than half of her singles contain samples, and only 2 of her 10 Hot 100 #1s contain samples, and when many other artists, MADONNA INCLUDED, sample other music...the dumb fuckwad whose irrational dislike of a celebrity whom he's never even met borders on the psychotic--is such a sad, sad sack of loser. And, what's more, he's just bitter and angry because he knows that Janet Jackson IS and will ALWAYS be younger, more beautiful and more talented than the old, decrepit, osteoporosis-plagued, gap-toothed and grizzled HAGdonna. What R89/aka Mr. Yellow Man needs to do is just soak these facts in, accept them, live with them and DEAL.

Now, as far as Janet's financial status goes:

Aside from her 2 groundbreaking recording contracts from the '90s (the first of which was estimated somewhere between $32-$50 million, and the second which paid her a cool $80 mill, making her THE highest paid recording artist in history), cumulative album sales and her successful past world tours, she also co-owns a bank in L.A., she has her own production and publishing companies, she co-founded the soy vodka brand 3 Vodka in 2008, and there's the NutriSystem and Blackglama deals, etc. There's also her book deal, which likely saw an increase when her book "True You" topped the NY Times Bestsellers' List earlier this year, and there's her Lionsgate film production deal, her films (example: aside from her $3 million salary for "Nutty Professor 2", she also received an extra mill for her #1 hit "Doesn't Really Matter" from the soundtrack), her current sold-out world tour, the fact that her songs are constantly sampled and/or remade... There's also the Cirque Du Soliel MJ show, which "Scream", a song that she co-wrote, is a major part of. She's also VERY good with money (banking/accounting was something she considered getting into before she became a performer, and what with all the real estate on both coasts she's owned or currently owns...), so there's no doubt that her millions are working very well for her. All of these things add up to major $$$. She probably lives mostly off of interest. (sidenote: she also footed the bill for a big chunk of MJ's funeral costs, and had the entire family dressed in Versace for his public homegoing ceremony, but that's neither here nor there).

For the poster above asking for a link about her net worth (R81), here ya go (this was what Forbes estimated about four years ago, so this was before the various things I mentioned above--this estimate is likely way too low nowadays...)

by Anonymousreply 9012/29/2011

@90 BROUGHT it.

Now what bitches??

by Anonymousreply 9112/30/2011

My goodness! These Vadge fans really must be threatened by Janet (or any female artist for that matter) to bring up Vadge in EVERY single topic about Janet.

BTW - they are both irrelevant now.

by Anonymousreply 9212/30/2011

Shouldn't it be Janet Jackson's NutriSystem 1814 ?

by Anonymousreply 9312/30/2011

Poor old hag Madonna has to PAY guys who are nothing but street trash to be her boyfriends while Janet has herself a hot guy who is not only younger, but a billionaire.

Old fossil Madonna will NEVER have a boyfriend where she doesn't have to foot the bill for everything because nobody can stand to be around her unless she gets her checkbook out.

Sad!

by Anonymousreply 9412/30/2011

Maybe Janet should pay instead of being photographed with the likes of this...

by Anonymousreply 9512/30/2011

Janet gets all the fine assed men!

by Anonymousreply 9612/30/2011

I hope that's a joke r96

by Anonymousreply 9712/30/2011

[quote]Poor old hag Madonna has to PAY guys who are nothing but street trash to be her boyfriends while Janet has herself a hot guy who is not only younger, but a billionaire.

[quote]Old fossil Madonna will NEVER have a boyfriend where she doesn't have to foot the bill for everything because nobody can stand to be around her unless she gets her checkbook out.

[quote]Sad!

Sad indeed. But somehow, your post is even sadder.

by Anonymousreply 9812/30/2011

LOL

Madonna had Guy Ritchie, one of the hottest guys around.

Janet had..... Jermaine Dupri.

by Anonymousreply 9912/30/2011

r90 is seriously deranged.

You really expect people to read all that drivel?

Janet is over, Rhythm Nation has long been forgotten, Janet doesn't have one classic song under her belt (Madonna has about 25 of those), and nobody gives a shit about her.

She's done.

Madonna, meanwhile, will take the world by storm again -- how come Live Nation didn't sign Janet for 110 million?

Yeah, thought so.

by Anonymousreply 10012/30/2011

Madonna is in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

Janet is without a contract.

by Anonymousreply 10112/30/2011

The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame is a joke.

Madonna is an old desperate cunt.

by Anonymousreply 10212/30/2011

r102, that's the best you've got? lol. Sad.

by Anonymousreply 10312/30/2011

[italic]Madonna had Guy Ritchie, one of the hottest guys around.[/italic]

Not by a long-shot.

by Anonymousreply 10412/30/2011

[italic]Secondly, how do you know each of her dancers' sexuality? Do you all know them personally?

She did have a very butch looking dancer from Israel on the S&S tour, and two dancers doing the gay "Forbidden Love" routine for Confessions. Madonna is projecting a gay image on her tours, and that's all I need to know.[/italic]

I pretty much know them from the industry, and Madonna had an Israeli dancer on tour? Who would that be?

by Anonymousreply 10512/30/2011

r103 = surrendering to hard facts.

JJ is over, sweetheart, and no-one cares about her "musical legacy", which is just barely there anyway.

All those singles from "Rhythm Nation" are long forgotten, as is the "janet." album and everything that came after.

Her one significant entry into pop history is "Nasty", which still gets played on radio now and again.

But if you think the 80s, you think "Like a Virgin", "Beat it" or "Girls just want to have fun". Not "Nasty" or "Control". It's not even that iconic a song.

JJ always played second fiddle. She was damn lucky people handed her a career. Unlike her fans she knows her place, which is why she's in infomercial land now.

by Anonymousreply 10612/30/2011

[italic]Janet "ripping other people's songs off," when less than half of her singles contain samples, and only 2 of her 10 Hot 100 #1s contain samples[/italic]

Link, because no Janet Jackson album post-Control did not contain less than 50 samples.

[italic]Aside from her 2 groundbreaking recording contracts from the '90s[/italic]

Yeah, it ain't the 90s anymore, and Virgin dropped her ass.

[italic]she has her own production and publishing companies, she co-founded the soy vodka brand 3 Vodka in 2008[/italic]

BWAHAHAHAHA!!!!

[italic]she also co-owns a bank in L.A.[/italic]

That's over a decade ago. She no longer has that.

[italic]her current sold-out world tour[/italic]

She toured high school gymnaisums. Don't go there, freak!

[italic]There's also the Cirque Du Soliel MJ show, which "Scream", a song that she co-wrote, is a major part of.[/italic]

That's a Michael Jackson, and you know it! It was for his album, and Janet can't write shit.

[italic]sidenote: she also footed the bill for a big chunk of MJ's funeral costs, and had the entire family dressed in Versace for his public homegoing ceremony, but that's neither here nor there[/italic]

link.

[italic]this was what Forbes estimated about four years ago[/italic]

5 years ago, and Madonna is worth over 500 million.

[italic] Janet Jackson IS and will ALWAYS be younger, more beautiful and more talented than the old, decrepit, osteoporosis-plagued, gap-toothed and grizzled HAGdonna.[/italic]

You're pathetic, but you sure can pad a resume for a has-been. Tell us, what future successes will Janet be having? She'd have to get signed to a record label first surely. Will she ever be able to sell out stadiums or ventues holding more than a thousand people, or will she get a headache again and have to cancel over it? Janet Jackson is D-O-N-E! Get used to it.

by Anonymousreply 10712/30/2011

^^ sorry, I meant that r102 was surrendering to hard facts. Not r103.

Apologies to r103.

by Anonymousreply 10812/30/2011

Janet freak forum, janet-xone, has started a discussion on our thread. Now you know where all the nuts are coming from. lol. They're starting threads on other music sites begging people to come here and support Tranet against us.

by Anonymousreply 10912/30/2011

r104, that's a question of debate and personal taste, obviously.

On the other hand, it's pretty much beyond debate that Jermaine Dupri is, uh, not Guy Ritchie in the looks department.

Secondly, I don't know the name of the Israeli dancer, but she was one of the most prominent dancers on the S&S tour, always dancing very close to Madonna.

She can also be seen mugging to the camera in the video to "Celebration".

In any case, I'm surprised you know about the sexuality of like 50 dancers or more. And I find it hard to believe that none of them are gay.

And even more unbelievable that Madonna would seek out straight dancers, on purpose. Not buying that, sorry.

by Anonymousreply 11012/30/2011

Thanks for the info, r109.

They are sad, lost people and we should actually be kind to them.

Let's welcome them to reality, but let's be kind to them.

by Anonymousreply 11112/30/2011

Well I for one do not frequent those fan sites mentioned in r109, I am a regular visitor to DL. And I still think the anti Janet trolls here need help.

by Anonymousreply 11212/30/2011

Thanks for sharing, r112.

by Anonymousreply 11312/30/2011

To the Janet fans - why do you keep wasting your time arguing with this stupid ass Vadge troll? Quit giving this sad person the attention he thrives for and just let this stupid ass thread die.

by Anonymousreply 11412/30/2011

To the Janbots - why do you keep wasting your time insisting that Rhythm Nation is still white hot when Janet has become the very definition of a has-been? Quit giving this sad rip-off artist the attention she doesn't deserve and let her stupid ass "legacy" die.

by Anonymousreply 11512/30/2011

BONIVA is your friend. YUCK!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 11601/01/2012

She can't sell a record or get a deal to save her life. She's been shit since that titty stunt at the Super Bowl.

by Anonymousreply 11701/01/2012

R107--the other idiot. I'm not providing your silly ass with a link to something that is obvious. Of Janet's 10 Hot 100 #1s, the only songs that contain samples are "That's The Way Love Goes" and "All For You." Less than half of her 70-plus singles since 1982 contain samples. "Rhythm Nation" (a POST-CONTROL album), contains only 2 songs with noted samples, so your "50 samples" guesstimation is a bit off, I'd say.

Also, the "high school gymnasiums" crack is as tired and old as your mother. Try again.

It may not be the '90s anymore, but having two of the biggest recording contracts of the decade and being deemed the highest paid artist in history is no small feat. D-E-A-L.

Nothing was "padded" in anything I said in my previous post. Your obvious hatred is just blinding you from the truth.

Janet DID co-write "Scream", dickhead. And, as such, she's likely seeing a pretty penny from that Cirque show. She also recorded her vocals before Michael. When Michael recorded his vocals, and heard what Janet had done, he promptly went back to re-do his own. This was duly noted by Jimmy Jam on a recent Janet documentary. 'Nuff said.

As for the link you requested about Janet having Donatella Versace dress her family for MJ's funeral, I'll cave and provide you with one. A quick Google search will provide you with MANY, but, since you're so obviously deficient in the thinking department, here you go...

by Anonymousreply 11801/01/2012

[italic]Janet freak forum, janet-xone, has started a discussion on our thread. Now you know where all the nuts are coming from. lol. They're starting threads on other music sites begging people to come here and support Tranet against us.[/italic]-R109

I just peeked my head in there and saw that your are indeed correct, but tell me something...how in the world would you, a person who isn't even a fan of Janet, know that a JANET fan forum has started a discussion about Datalounge? Are you a spy, sent in to Janet-Xone by the Madonnaphyles? Or are you in there pretending to be a JanFan? Either way, it's pretty pathetic.

by Anonymousreply 11901/01/2012

R118, calm down!

You need to fucking see a shrink!

by Anonymousreply 12001/01/2012

[italic]All those singles from "Rhythm Nation" are long forgotten, as is the "janet." album and everything that came after.[/italic]

[italic]Janet doesn't have one classic song under her belt...[/italic] --The Golden Troll

Oh really? Is that why several of her songs are still sampled and remade? (Plies and Ne-Yo had a top 10 Hot 100 with their song "Bust it Baby" in 2008, which contains a prominent sample of Janet's "Come Back To Me". Artists such as Kelly Clarkson, Britney Spears and Robyn often cover Janet songs in concert. Is that why videos and concerts by today's current pop artists--male [italic]and[/italic] female--are consistently compared to what Janet has already done? (Ciara and Rihanna have been cited several times for their Janet-esque shows and performances). Is that why today's pop artists are always giving Janet credit for inspiring them and their work? The only thing that's "over" is your scarily obsessive hate. But you will STILL deal.

by Anonymousreply 12101/01/2012

[quote]But you will STILL deal.

Someone call the nuthouse!

by Anonymousreply 12201/01/2012

[quote]banking/accounting was something she considered getting into before she became a performer...

She has been a performer since she was 7. So, between the ages of one years of age and six years of age she contemplated becoming a banker or accountant, R90?

Really? R90? Really?

by Anonymousreply 12301/01/2012

I like Janet, and I've even liked some of her recent stuff (loved "Make Me") but she is older and, like Madonna, being atop the youth-focused pop charts isn't a likely thing to happen for her frequently. Or, possibly, ever again.

(And please, don't hate on that statement. I'm not dissing her at all. I'm just stating what is quite frankly the obvious.)

She's wise to diversify and keep busy with movies and advertising. What a bunch of queens think about her legacy don't mean shit if a bitch ain't getting paid, and Janet is working it and telling the man with the money to come pay her ass. A girl's gotta eat (even if it's Nutrisystem) and sustaining a career as long as possible is a Jackson specialty. She'll be OK.

by Anonymousreply 12401/01/2012

[quote]What a bunch of queens think about her legacy don't mean shit if a bitch ain't getting paid, and Janet is working it and telling the man with the money to come pay her ass.

How old are you?

by Anonymousreply 12501/01/2012

Before she became a singer in her [italic]adult[/italic] years, R123. You knew what I meant.

by Anonymousreply 12601/01/2012

Oh, I know that wasn't a diss, R124. At least you're talking with some sense, unlike some of the maniacally hateful queens on here. A miserable lot they are, LOL.

by Anonymousreply 12701/01/2012

She surely does, R96

by Anonymousreply 12801/01/2012

Again, for R96

by Anonymousreply 12901/01/2012

R96...

by Anonymousreply 13001/01/2012

R96, All For You...

by Anonymousreply 13101/01/2012

After reading the post by: Anonymous on 12/27/2011 @ 09:38Pm I looked up Blackglama. To do these ads, is a far cry from saying Janet's career has taking turn for the worst. You have to be iconic probably to have even been asked to do these ads.

by Anonymousreply 13201/08/2012

Off-topic, I know but I've never heard of that Madonna "Celebration" song, so I just watched the video....OHMYGAWD! What a horror! The song itself is disposable enough fun, but that video...for real!? Madonna clearly grabbed one of her famous rag tag, million dollar metal-encrusted, dated, 1991-style all black frocks from her own personal wardrobe. She is so fashion free it's scary. The hip hop kids are all street/banjy, and Madge is wearing some gawdawful Stella McCartney-like afternoon cocktail dress, with a totally matronly look, except for they way-too-short hem, so she can (gag) grab at her own eldersnatch as her signature "dance" move!

She's beyond vulgar, and really needs a choreographer to actually help assimilate her into her own video! I mean come on, who thought this look looked good? She looks like a middle-aged broad who stumbled into a rave, took an extasy, and was let loose with a video camera!

by Anonymousreply 13301/08/2012

r132 = Janet nut.

Blackglama Creator Doesn't Think Janet Is A Legend (Most)

"But when I telephoned my friend Peter Rogers, who dreamed it all up, he snorted that Janet can’t compare with his stars of yesterday and he thinks the ad is terrible, cheap and trashy. “She is the difference between celebrity and legend.”

“What becomes a legend most?” This is the immortal phrase that accompanies the still-going-despite-PETA ads for Blackglama luxury mink.

Created back in the mid-sixties by adman Peter Rogers, this campaign retains some of its fabled lure. In the days when Rogers of the Jane Trahey ad agency asked for and won every star from Judy Garland to Marlene Dietrich to Lauren Bacall to Diana Ross to Bettie Davis to Barbra Streisand to Rudolf Nureyev and Elizabeth Taylor, the ads have continued.

I was amazed to find the latest one, of Janet Jackson having her own private wardrobe malfunction, in the new pages of W and of Vanity Fair. This marks the second time Janet has done the “legend” ad. In the first, she was wrapped in mink up to her beaming face. Now, she has unwrapped. She is wearing skintight leather pants and knee-high boots, with a long fur vest thrown over her lean, taunt, naked torso. Janet has one hand hooked into her pants, pulling them down provocatively.

Her expression is stunning. Her short hair is wind-swept and she sports a challenging “Look, but don’t touch!” expression. I liked this ad very much, because I admire the one Jackson member who hasn’t traded solely on her famous brother’s fame.

I have admired her strength in breaking away from the dysfunction of her family and forging her own career. Yet she hasn’t abandoned family ties; I recall her standing behind Michael’s heartbroken little girl at his funeral, looking so concerned for the child. (Now, Paris looks almost as grown-up as Aunt Janet, and is nearly as self-composed.)

I have always thought Janet might someday make her mark, bigtime, on the screen or on the legit stage. For the time being, she sings, dances, takes an occasional role in a small movie and is fabulous to look at. And, the advertising “Mad Men” of today — who continue the Blackglama shoots — evidently think so too.

But when I telephoned my friend Peter Rogers, who dreamed it all up, he snorted that Janet can’t compare with his stars of yesterday and he thinks the ad is terrible, cheap and trashy. “She is the difference between celebrity and legend.” (Sigh! What do I know?)

I asked Peter if he gets paid for his brilliant original creation of asking “What becomes a legend most?” He went back to portrait painting down in New Orleans, saying, “No, of course not!”

by Anonymousreply 13401/08/2012

r133 is just pathetic.

by Anonymousreply 13501/08/2012

Yes, r134 Peter Rogers alone decides who becomes a music legend.

by Anonymousreply 13601/08/2012

Exactly, R132. Janet is now and will ALWAYS be a legend. The haters will have to deal.

by Anonymousreply 13701/08/2012

JANET: The blueprint for the modern-day dance/pop star.

by Anonymousreply 13801/08/2012

LOL @R133, you speak the truth.

by Anonymousreply 13901/08/2012

Why all the hate she looks good for her age & probably better then most of you on this website . She don't need the money she has more of that then all of you too. Guess you haven't checked the runways lately but highwaisted pants are making a comeback . So since you probably don't look good & is the same age as Miss Jackson , your probably broke & can't dress either !!!!

by Anonymousreply 14004/19/2012

Any updated pics or videos for how Janet looks now?

by Anonymousreply 14111/18/2012
Need more help? Click Here.