Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

1950s/1960s glamour

Anyone else obsessed with this time period?

Sophia Loren, Claudia Cardinale, Anita Ekberg, Bridgette Bardot, Catherine Deneuve

Fellini, Godard, Truffaut, et. al.

Mid Century Modern design, Googie architecture

So much more. I love it all.

by Anonymousreply 10004/18/2014

I love it, too. I think it was the last burst of style.

by Anonymousreply 112/26/2011

The Pan Am Show has this. Yes, it's fun.

by Anonymousreply 212/26/2011

Gina Lollobrigida!

by Anonymousreply 312/26/2011

Why no American style? Audrey Hepburn. Suzy Parker. Grace Kelly. Hollywood styles of Jean Louis, Edith Head and Givenchy (French but styled for American film.).

And what about Mainbocher, Balenchiaga and the glorious Pauline Trigere?

by Anonymousreply 412/27/2011

I agree with all of the names mentioned except Grace Kelly. She's country club pretty and kind of bland.

by Anonymousreply 512/27/2011

I'd consider Main Bocher more French couture than American. He started there and his style is definitely French.

Cristobal Balenciaga is also not American. Spanish but also moved to France early on.

Just because Balenciaga's protege, Givenchy, syled for American films doesn't make his style American. And who knows what Edith Head-labeled work was since she took credit for the work of others regularly.

As for Pauline Trigere, her earlier work was stunning. I have an out of this world original Trigere raw silk summer dress in a white and royal blue floral print. My most expensive purchase on eBay at the time. It has a cowl neck and a matching solid blue grosgrain belt. It also has a silk underskirt to make the skirt fuller. It still has the original price tag on it of $265.98. I originally thought the dress was circa 1960 but I found Trigere's drawings on line at the U of Kentucky School of Design and I've found that it matches the dress designs from 1948-1950. That was a lot of money then.

by Anonymousreply 612/27/2011

And don't forget Ursula Andress!

by Anonymousreply 712/27/2011

Not too long ago, they auctioned off various movie memorabilia items and they auctioned off Audrey Hepburn's dress that had a burst of yellow and orange roses on this very full, very 50's dress from Funny Face. The dress was just gorgeous! I think it sold for $60,000. That dress reflected an electric time that was fun, exciting, and elegant.

My mother misses those days because she said when you went shopping, to a movie, or to dinner, it was an event. She said it was a lot of fun getting dressed up for an outing. She missed going shopping to the city and wearing hats and gloves. Also, in those days she said service was fantastic. My mother said, simple department stores of all levels the service was great.One of the major things my mother greatly misses and adored were the dime stores. She misses the tiny dime stores where they sold cheap dishes and cute little odds and ends. She said the Christmas items were cheap in price, and they were really adorable stuff and fun! When I was a kid, I came around at the tail end of the dime store existence. the enormous stores like Target, Walmart, etc. were starting to take over. I too miss the dime stores greatly and I have fond memories of them.My mother hates these huge Walmart places because the charm isn't there and the wonderful bargains just don't exist like they use to.

by Anonymousreply 812/27/2011

My time - being a child in the 50s and a teen/early 20s in the 60s: Antonioni films like BlowUp, and Whats New Pussycat, the Beatles films, Midnight Cowboy and the rest ... great music every week, great style in design and clothes, and op art. and that chic 50s look of Audrey Hepburn, Grace Kelly, Suzy Parker et al.

The 70s and 80s were really hideous now when we look back at the styles and fashions then, and seem as dated as the 30s and 40s, whereas that 50s/60s style and look is timeless and will always be in fashion.

by Anonymousreply 912/27/2011

oh, sweetie, you are so late to the partie.

by Anonymousreply 1012/27/2011

Grace Kelley bland? Acting maybe but not stills.

Anyway yes I'm more than a bit obsessed about this era. I wish mens hats would come back in style. The movies and TV I watch are generally older stuff I get from Netflix.

by Anonymousreply 1212/27/2011

I always think the film The Pumpkin Eater captures the 60s chic.

by Anonymousreply 1312/27/2011

R6, my second paragraph stands alone. That means it is not connected to the first one. That means I was not indicating that the designers in my second paragraph were American.

Nevertheless, it sure gave you a platform to show how much you know about those designers, didn't it? I bet you are insufferable in person.

by Anonymousreply 1412/27/2011

Luckily I was alive when women still got dressed and wore gloves and hats and men wore suits to baseball games. My mother grew up in NYC and I was born there so we visited frequently while I was growing up.

My fashion style was set in concrete at an early age (by 9 or 10 I knew how I wanted to dress despite my havng to wear a uniform) and it was a mix of either classic 50s/early 60s style or beatnik chic (skinny black pants/skirts with black tops). For a while I "demanded" a certain look and often we had to go into the city (we lived in Fairfield, Ct then) to find what I wanted in my size. I had a very patient mother.

I had an awful time in the late 60s and 70s since I really hated a lot of the mod stuff (tho some was okay) and absolutely hated almost all the hippie shit except for a few things.

Maybe I learned from my mom but I almost always dress decently when I go shopping and I usually get great service.

by Anonymousreply 1512/27/2011

Julie Christie, Imperial convertibles.

by Anonymousreply 1712/27/2011

I love you for knowing what Googie is, OP!

by Anonymousreply 1812/27/2011

Flying to Rome on Pan Am -- watching NY fade behind the plane while enjoying the crisp, cold Martini brought on a tray. Lighting a cigarette and opening a notebook to jot future plans in blue ink with a fountain pen.

by Anonymousreply 1912/27/2011

The clothing for women was just so great in the 50's and 60's. I watch those shows/movies from the 60's and would still love to wear most of the clothes from that era.

by Anonymousreply 2012/27/2011

What is R6 talking about and why are they chastizing themselves?

I like the European style but the Americans always looked so conventional, especially those awful early 60s motorcycle helmet hairstyles.

by Anonymousreply 2112/27/2011

[quote]A woman could barely move without pain when she was all done up

Pain? Barely move? Really?

by Anonymousreply 2312/27/2011

[quote]I dress in a 50s & 60s style and get compliments all of the time. I shop vintage and wear clothes that are 60 years old and made better than anything I could buy today,

The reason the particular clothes you have from the 50s and 60s survived is because they were well made. Common, poorly made clothing from those decades has not survived.

I have wonderful suits and jackets made for me on Savile Row in the 1970s, 1980s, 1990s and 2000s. They still look good and have held up beautifully. They were not cut to look like the trendy costumes that so-called fashion designers sell.

by Anonymousreply 2412/27/2011

American born William Travilla designed amazing creations for Joanne Woodward both "From the Terrace" and "Signpost to Murder" as well as his own private label and couture house turned out some amazing garments that epitomize that era.

by Anonymousreply 2512/27/2011

Ahhhh yes. By the 70's good taste had flown out the window in the U.S. and never to return. Now anyone in America who has a sense of style, some class, good taste is reviled as "elitist" and expected to apologize to the masses.

by Anonymousreply 2612/27/2011

[quote]Getting dressed for an outing in those days involved girdles, painful shoes, bullet bras, teased and sprayed hairdos, makeup, etc. A woman could barely move without pain when she was all done up, which is why the feminists really did work to get women into clothes that didn't hurt.

Painful? Maybe the girdle.

At least they didn't look like they just rolled out of bed. Today some people are just painful to look at.

by Anonymousreply 2712/27/2011

No one mentioned Jackie Kennedy

by Anonymousreply 2812/27/2011

[quote]No one mentioned Jackie Kennedy

That's because scrambling onto the trunk of a limo is very unbecoming.

by Anonymousreply 2912/27/2011

Everything is ugly now: ugly clothes, rude obnoxious people, no design or ugly design in everything, ugly politics, ugly crass tv, ugly stupid movies, rude coworkers & toxic workplaces, ugly art, shitty music, pollution and more pollution that no one is doing anything about, chemicals and hormones in food & selling rotten food etc etc

by Anonymousreply 3012/27/2011

Oh, women were not in pain. Girdles may have been hard to get on but so are skinny jeans. And as unnatural as hair-sprayed hair looks, it's not painful. LOL!

Obviously a more natural look is nicer but you can still affect the look of the 50/60s in a natural or softened style.

You're right about how well made clothes were. I have a gorgeous coat from the late 30s - maybe early 40s - that was my father's. It's a light tweedy wool with a heavy khaki/camel colored cotton/linen interior - I think it was meant to be reversible. It has cuffs and a collar that shows some of the cotton lining and is impeccable. Now my father was not rich in those days and I can't imagine it cost him that much [there's no label] but damn it is still beautiful and I still wear it. I had to beg him to give it to me for years before he died.

I wish I didn't hate Martinis - I'm in the mood for one now. Maybe I'll just hold the glass.

by Anonymousreply 3112/27/2011

Was Jackie Kennedy that stylish? Her clothing choices were pretty conventional and in line with what other rich white society women were wearing.

And R22 makes some good points.

by Anonymousreply 3312/27/2011

We live in barbaric times, R30. Popular culture, for whatever reasons, has been stuck for the last 20 to 30-odd years.

by Anonymousreply 3512/27/2011

Yes, it has, R35. Stuck in something ugly - not interesting or inspiring.

by Anonymousreply 3612/27/2011

One word.

by Anonymousreply 3712/27/2011

I love the drawings by the artist Shag.

by Anonymousreply 3812/27/2011

It's why I live in Palm Springs. May not be the same as 40's & 50's, but it has hundreds of restored mid-century homes, great architectural bldgs., and many hotels, like the re-done Riviera, the Viceory, and the Parker, that still have hints of a more glamorous time. I love it. Just knowing it was the Movie Star playground, when there were REAL movie stars, is fun.

by Anonymousreply 3912/27/2011

[quote]Everything is ugly now: ugly clothes, rude obnoxious people, no design or ugly design in everything

I think that was what saved Apple - introducing actual design in a product after years of no attempt at any design, particularly in computers. The candy-colored iMacs drew lots of attention in a world of huge ugly beige boxes.

Same with Target, which rose while Kmart foundered. Even some of the most utilitarian items at Target have some element of design to them. It was enough to set Target apart and give it an identity distinct from Walmart, Sears, etc.

by Anonymousreply 4012/28/2011

R31, you are so right about the quality of clothes.They weren't such a throw away dump society that we are now a days. When my mother was just a young kid back in the 50's, she would work and put clothes on layaway at inexpensive stores like Learners and Lance. To this day my mother kept this black corduroy jumper that was her favorite dress back then and she still just adores the dress. The quality is just fantastic! Not too long ago, I went to Nordstrom, and I was looking at this shirt that it was hundred dollars. I noticed that the lining of the shirt was very badly sewn like a 3 year old sewn it. There was a ball of threads and the shirt said, MADE IN CHINA! UGH! This is just insane!

BTW, if you go into old homes check out the closet size verses the size of clothes we have now. It really speaks for itself how materialistic we have become.

by Anonymousreply 4112/28/2011

Makes me think of my mother's Herb Alpert and Sergio Mendes albums.

by Anonymousreply 4212/29/2011

by Anonymousreply 4303/05/2012

I remember after Christmas sales revolved around huge savings of gaudy costume jewelry. I remember the frantic surge of ladies, all dressed in hats and gloves, buying a years supply while I, dressed in a sailor suit, stood back and watched in amazement. Then back at home, there would be hours consumed trying on all of these treasures while Merv or Gypsy was on in the background.

Yes, MARY!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 4403/05/2012

Marcello Mastroianni, Anouk Aimée, Jeanne Moreau, Monica Vitti, Alain Delon, Annie Girardot, Maurice Ronet, Peter O'Toole, Jane Birkin, Jean Shrimpton, etc. 1960s Euroglamour and sophistication.

by Anonymousreply 4503/05/2012

And r37 for the win.

by Anonymousreply 4703/05/2012

Ballet: Tanaquil LeClercq in Afternoon of a Faun, Metamorphoses, La Valse.

Models: Suzy Parker. Carmen. Dovima.

Couture: Dior

by Anonymousreply 4803/05/2012

what about the fashion and the women in the movie Valley of the Dolls. True 60's glamour!

by Anonymousreply 4903/06/2012

by Anonymousreply 5003/07/2012

Truly the last era of classic glamour and style. The onset of the 1970s permanently changed it all.

by Anonymousreply 5104/21/2012

Flying Continental to Honolulu, on the brand new 747, where in First Class we were served Moet champagne, in crystal flutes before we even took off. For the meal, a cesar salad to start, then comes a serving cart with both lobster tail, and chateaubriand, and ice cream, and fresh strawberries, or chocolate cake for dessert. After eating, we walk up the circular staircase, to the lounge, up in the bubble part of the plane, where there is a piano , with a man playing jazz tunes, and people sitting on a curved sofa, having cocktails.

Yes, it really was like this in 1969. Thank God I'm older.

by Anonymousreply 5304/22/2012

In the 1950s folks dressed up to go to church, to fly on planes, and even somewhat to go to the movies. My mother always wore gloves when she dressed up and made her own suits, similar to Chanel suits or those worn by Jackie Kennedy. Today, anything goes--guys wear shorts and flip-flops in church and anywhere else they damn well please! Girls wear shorts that are alomost as short as panties to school, etc.

by Anonymousreply 5404/22/2012

Those Names: Sophia Loren, Monica Vitti, Claudia Cardinale, Anouk Aimee, Julie Christie, Bond girls like Pussy Galore, 50s girls like Suzy Parker, the Grace Kelly / Audrey Hepburn look, Kay Kendall dressed by Balmain, Sandra Dee by Helen Rose - both in The Reluctant Debutante in 1958, Lauren Bacall and Dolores Gray both great in Designing Woman in 1957 - both by Vincente Minnelli; Romy Schneider, Capucine, Ursula Andress & Paula Prentiss in Whats New Pussycat in 1965 with that great Burt Bacharach score; the real Pan Am look in Come Fly With Me in 1963. Films like Charade, Arabesque, Darling, BlowUp, Modesty Blaise, Two For The Road, How to Steal A Million with Audrey and Peter in that little red car driving around Paris - as were Tony Perkins and Ingrid Bergman in Goodbye Again in 1961, and Jean Seberg in Bonjour Tristesse in 1958. The 1959 girls arriving at the office in The Best of Everything ... etc etc etc

by Anonymousreply 5504/22/2012

The most glamorous couple ever driving a car: Marcello Mastroianni and Anouk Aimee in La Dolce Vita in 1960. Anouk Aimee too in Un Homme et Une Femme - the height of 60s chic in 1966.

Jean Seberg in her Yves St Laurent costumes which would still be the height of chic today, also driving her little red car in Moment to Moment, also 1966.

The op art designs and wacky costumes in Modesty Blaise, also 1966, with art house (not a dirty word then) favourites Monica Vitti, Dirk Bogarde and divine Terence Stamp.

1966 rules! It was also the year of Antonioni's Blow-Up, which took us all by storm.

by Anonymousreply 5604/22/2012

That 60s era was the great decade of international cinema, when arthouse and commerce mixed. Your local cinema was showing films with european stars who were making American films, Loren won best actress oscar in a foreign language (her film Two Women was also popular of course in a dubbed version), Americans were financing British films and European directors like Antonioni, Polanski, Skolimowsi were making films in London, which was the centre of universe then.

1963's The Victors is a good example - this anti-war film has a raft of emerging european ladies like Romy Schneider, Melina Mercouri, Jeanne Moreau, Rosanna Schiaffino, Elke Sommer and Senta Berger, also with young actors Georges Peppard and Hamilton (when they were still interesting and attractive), Vince Edwards and the young Albert Finney, who also burst out that year with the award winning Tom Jones.

by Anonymousreply 5704/22/2012

Tippi Hedren's tailored look, down to the gloves, in The Birds. Women must have worn gloves right into the mid 60s.

by Anonymousreply 5804/22/2012

Its hard to find as its never been on vhs or dvd but I think TCM showed it recently, so may again: 1962's The Chapman Report with great style and costumes and interiors for Claire Bloom, Shelley Winters, Glynis Johns and that awful young Jane Fonda in her pre-Barbarella days. There's a raft of Warner Bros contract guys too: Chad Everett delivering the water in his tight pants, Ty Hardin in the spray-on shorts, Ray Danton, etc as gay George Cukor gives it that zing!

by Anonymousreply 5904/22/2012

[quote]How to Steal A Million with Audrey and Peter in that little red car driving around Paris

I think it was an Autobianchi. I loved that movie when I was a kid. She looked so glamorous in all that Givenchy, especially that black lace get-up.

by Anonymousreply 6004/22/2012

[quote]The most glamorous couple ever driving a car: Marcello Mastroianni and Anouk Aimee in La Dolce Vita in 1960. Anouk Aimee too in Un Homme et Une Femme - the height of 60s chic in 1966.

Anouk Aimee was adorable. In [italic]8 1/2[/italic], they tried to drab her down to play the wife. I think they even trimmed her eyelashes. But she still looked so cute.

by Anonymousreply 6104/22/2012

Those glossy all-star early 60s entertainments like The VIPs and The Yellow Rolls Royce - which had Alain Delon who was making American movies then, among the all-star cast. Omar Sharif was good in it too, as was Jeanne Moreau and Ingrid Bergman.

by Anonymousreply 6204/22/2012

What a dinky little car, thanks. I always fantasised I would be driving around London in a new mini, or a yellow Wolkswagon ... or that silver Aston Martin.

by Anonymousreply 6304/22/2012

Yes they even gave Anouk those severe spectacles in 8 and a half. She is fantastically glamorous in Justine in 1969 with those arabic fashions and young Michael York. But she wasn't really interested in acting and preferred to be off with her new husband, one Albert Finney. She retured to the movies though when they divorced in 1976 and she is still working now and still glamorous.

by Anonymousreply 6404/22/2012

I love the Bossa Nova/Samba music that became popular in the U.S.

One of my all time favorites that really captures the sound and mood of a part of the 60s:

by Anonymousreply 6504/22/2012

The fabulous Samba Saravah sequence from Un Homme et Une Femme - A Man and a Woman - in 1966, this was brilliantly edited with the film cut to the music and Anouk Aimee and her then husband Pierre Barouh are one of the most glamorous couples ever ... no one has this allure today. The movie had a great soundtrack by Francis Lai which I used to have as a vinyl album. It was one of the big hits of the time.

by Anonymousreply 6604/22/2012

I still love samba and bossa nova too - Sergio Mendes & Brazil 1966; Antonio Carlos Jobim songs like "Wave" and I never tire of the original "Girl from Ipanema" - Astrud Gilberto albums and compliations are ideal too, with that cool almost abstract voice. "Shes a Carioca" ...

by Anonymousreply 6704/22/2012

I love that early 60s American glamour too in those Lana and Susan sudsers like Portrait in Black, Back Street, By Love Possessed, The Chapman Report, and the Troy Donahue items like Parrish, Susan Slade, Rome Adventure. Ross Hunter was the king of these of course - Midnight Lace too and the Rock and Doris items like Lover Come Back. Minnelli's Two Weeks In Another Town in 1962 captures the La Dolce Vita era in Rome too.

Europe though by the mid 60s was the place to be and set the fashion pace, with the scenes going on in London, Rome and the others.

by Anonymousreply 6804/22/2012

60s glamour in a nutshell is provided by 'That Man From Rio' a 1964 comedy caper with Jean Paul Belmondo and Francoise Dorleac - its set all over Brazil, then becoming fashionable in the 60s with that new city Brasilia and the bossa nova music. Belmondo is a stunning action hero doing all his own stunts - the likes of Cruise and Renner and those other CGI action heroes should see it and weep.

by Anonymousreply 6904/23/2012

I'd love to live on a street filled with this kind of architecture.

by Anonymousreply 7006/10/2012

"Shag" -- Josh Agle (born 1962) brings back L'Du Temps:

by Anonymousreply 7106/10/2012

[quote]I dress in a 50s & 60s style and get compliments all of the time.

Obviously you don't know the difference between a compliment and sarcasm..

Example: It looks good on YOU

by Anonymousreply 7206/11/2012

The best era that ever was.

by Anonymousreply 7303/22/2013

If you don't like the way clothes are made today, you can always do what my mom and grandmom did back then: learn to sew and make your own clothes.

Quit yer bitchin' and change your priorities. Stay home, forget the mall and the electronic gadgets. Then you will have the time and money to learn to sew. Otherwise, shut up. Don't wanna hear it. You got a choice to make, you can't have it both ways.

by Anonymousreply 7503/22/2013

Went up to Los Angeles to see plays. Actually saw Edward G. Robinson and his pal, Sam Jaffe in the audience of a Frederic March/Mona Freeman starrer, "Middle of the Night" by Paddy Chayefsky. Also saw Tennessee Williams' "Sweet Bird of Youth". I remember the audience laughing when Geraldine Page, as Alexandra, called out for more oxygen. Also there were fun musicals like "Dames at Sea".

I was in the U.S.N., and saw one of my boot camp recruit acquaintances in the audience at an LA show. I still remember the look on his face as he saw me after the play. He didn't greet me. He must have been at a loss for words. He wasn't, at boot camp, however, as he then said something sexy to me as we marched.

by Anonymousreply 7703/23/2013

It definitely was America at it's peak. Great hair styles, clothes, cars, homes, and music. Our industrial base was booming and anyone who wanted a job could find one. Then came President LBJ, the Great Society, Vietnam, the Beatles, the drug culture, and the downhill slide. Beauty and good taste all but disappeared.

by Anonymousreply 7803/23/2013

googie bump

by Anonymousreply 8001/25/2014

This era ends with VALLEY OF THE DOLLS.

I love the on the cusp area between the more polished style before and naturalism that came after. Simple but elegant - that's why it looks better than the 30s/40s and 70s/80s.

Grace Kelly most definitely is an important part. And the films of this era were great.

by Anonymousreply 8101/25/2014

An element of exuberance and playfulness was sucked out of design about 30 years (?) ago. I looked at the cars in my office parking lot--every last one was a shade of grey or brown. You might see a red truck from time to time, but even those are rare.

Someone in an American Studies program might be able to tie this somberness to a national mood. I wouldn't dare, although I think there is something significant about the resurrection of a very puritanical style.

by Anonymousreply 8201/25/2014

Yes. Those were my "salad days". (look it up young-uns)

The general trend nowadays is either utilitarian or outrageous. Both of which, I find totally boring.

As Lena Horne would say: "Thank God, I'm not young anymore!"

by Anonymousreply 8301/25/2014

Gloria Vanderbilt modeling Mainbocher.

by Anonymousreply 8601/26/2014

Big hair became popular around 1962, reaching its zenith around '64 - '65, with every glamour girl piling on the wiglets, postiches, cascades, and falls to get that hair outrageously higher and higher. Do an image search of Elke Sommer and see what I mean. That's why the mod fashions of the mid-60s, as exemplified by Twiggy and Jean Shrimpton, were such a breath of fresh air. They either wore their hair short or long and straight, unencumbered by all that teasing and spraying. But while the youth were opting for looser hairstyles, the aging glamour girls weren't giving up on the big hair so easily. They needed that hair to hide all the elastic tape, pins and clamps pulling their faces tight.

by Anonymousreply 8701/26/2014

What a crew, R87. Is that a very stoned Jayne Mansfield on the left?

by Anonymousreply 8801/26/2014

R88, Jayne, Mamie Van Doren, Tommy Noonan, and his wife Foopy.

by Anonymousreply 8901/26/2014

[quote]why the mod fashions of the mid-60s, as exemplified by Twiggy and Jean Shrimpton, were such a breath of fresh air.

I remember those days. Carnaby Street. The most unusual clothes. I thought Jean Shrimpton, the Yardley girl, was breathtaking. Twiggy turned everything on its ear.

On my first trip to London in the 70s, I found Woolwich Park where the famous scene from Blow Up was filmed and cavorted around on Super 8.

Biba Department Store was the thing, along with the Great American Success on Kensington High St. I found the Sombrero Club and met some guys there, but had to leave for New York and it was a long time before I went back.

The image that sums up London for me at that time, is a beautiful girl with bright red lips, inside the rain-streaked window of a black cab as it moved slowly past and our eyes locked for a few seconds.

by Anonymousreply 9001/26/2014

Fabulous '60s hair - Dolly Parton:

by Anonymousreply 9101/26/2014

Priscilla Presley:

by Anonymousreply 9301/26/2014

Doris Day's wardrobe in Pillow Talk is swoon worthy

by Anonymousreply 9401/26/2014

Tell me, is there any point in starting a "Most fabulous menswear in film" thread?

Or is menswear just not glamorous enough to be as memorable as these gowns?

by Anonymousreply 9501/27/2014

Goddamit, I meant to post that on the "most fabulous gown in film" thread!

by Anonymousreply 9601/27/2014

Actresses then had such thick, shiny hair. What was the secret? And don't say wigs. Tell me what people in the know took(supplements)/put on their hair for lusciousness. Please help my elders!

by Anonymousreply 9704/17/2014

Rock Hudson. Tall, handsome and nice suits.

by Anonymousreply 9804/17/2014

J'aime mon chapeau.

by Anonymousreply 9904/17/2014

I was a little kid in the mid 60s. The fashions began to change, but there was still a huge difference between girls and women. Even single young women and matrons.

by Anonymousreply 10004/18/2014
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!