Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Former Ron Paul aide: "He was uncomfortable around gays. Didn't want to use the same bathroom."

In 1988, Ron had a hardcore Libertarian supporter, Jim Peron, Owner of Laissez Faire Books in San Francisco. Jim set up a magnificent 3-day campaign swing for us in the SF Bay Area. Jim was what you would call very openly Gay. But Ron thought the world of him. For 3 days we had a great time trouncing from one campaign event to another with Jim's Gay lover.

The atmosphere was simply jovial between the four of us. (As an aside we also met former Cong. Pete McCloskey during this campaign trip.) We used Jim's home/office as a "base." Ron pulled me aside the first time we went there, and specifically instructed me to find an excuse to excuse him to a local fast food restaurant so that he could use the bathroom. He told me very clearly, that although he liked Jim, he did not wish to use his bathroom facilities.

I chided him a bit, but he sternly reacted, as he often did to me, Eric, just do what I say. Perhaps "sternly" is an understatement. Ron looked at me directly, and with a very angry look in his eye, and shouted under his breath: "Just do what I say NOW."

"Bobby," a well-known and rather flamboyant and well-liked gay man in Freeport came to the BBQ. Let me stress Ron likes Bobby personally, and Bobby was a hardcore campaign supporter. But after his speech, at the Surfside pavilion Bobby came up to Ron with his hand extended, and according to my fellow staffer, Ron literally swatted his hand away.

He is what I would describe as "out of touch," with both Hispanic and Black culture. Ron is far from being the hippest guy around. He is completely clueless when it comes to Hispanic and Black culture, particularly Mexican-American culture. And he is most certainly intolerant of Spanish and those who speak strictly Spanish in his presence, (as are a number of Americans, nothing out of the ordinary here.)

by Anonymousreply 1811/11/2012

It's amazing how so many RP followers are defending him.

Are they under some sort of spell?

by Anonymousreply 112/26/2011

I'm not surprised. I agree with some libertarian ideas (mainly their hands off philosophy about sex and drugs); however, these ideas seem to flow from their desires to do what they want rather than deeply held convictions about social justice and equality. Libertarians care mostly about money and themselves. Period.

by Anonymousreply 212/26/2011

[quote] He told me very clearly, that although he liked Jim, he did not wish to use his bathroom facilities.

Jim gave Ron Paul a boner. Yeah, I am using the term "boner" just because I can.

by Anonymousreply 312/26/2011

What???

by Anonymousreply 412/26/2011

Ah, another closeted fag running for president.

by Anonymousreply 512/26/2011

Of course they're going to say that it was during the era when little was known about AIDS and how it was transferred - the AIDS hysteria.

Too bad no one with a conscience shares some of Paul's good positions and is running for President. Damnit!

by Anonymousreply 612/26/2011

How do you spell redneck?

by Anonymousreply 712/26/2011

[quote]"Bobby," a well-known and rather flamboyant and well-liked gay man in Freeport came to the BBQ. Let me stress Ron likes Bobby personally, and Bobby was a hardcore campaign supporter. But after his speech, at the Surfside pavilion Bobby came up to Ron with his hand extended, and according to my fellow staffer, Ron literally swatted his hand away.

Yeah, Ron ADORES Bobby personally.

by Anonymousreply 812/27/2011

People always try to paint Paul as a Democrat in Republicans' clothing because he wants to legalize pot, when all in all he's one of the most extreme tea-partiers(just like his son).

by Anonymousreply 912/27/2011

Ron Paul is a tired old queen with no original ideas of his own. The ones he purports to sport are of no consequence to him personally and his real support is luke warm.

by Anonymousreply 1012/27/2011

I love his mother's fishsticks.

by Anonymousreply 1112/27/2011

He was ignorant pure and simple. That's what all that ridiculous behavior is about.

Do you really want some person who didn't bother to educate themselves about such an important issue? Or worse, someone stupid enough to be a republican?

by Anonymousreply 1212/27/2011

Eric Dondero

A blogger at LibertarianRepublican.net, Dondero took conservative outrage at Obama's re-election to epic proportions, promising a "personal boycott" against Democrats in his life. "All family and friends, even close family and friends, who I know to be Democrats are hereby dead to me. I vow never to speak to them again for the rest of my life, or have any communications with them." Dondero later spoke to New York. Asked whether he would help a Democrat drowning in a lake, Dondero said, "I honestly do not have an answer for that one."

by Anonymousreply 1311/11/2012

did anyone else see the RP's reaction to "Bruno" when he tried to have sex with him?

Hilarious!

by Anonymousreply 1411/11/2012

So really, R6, he'd take his chances at a public washroom where, say, hundreds of gay guys (it was SF, after all), might have gone to take a piss everyday? That alone shows how he (and people who support him) aren't smart enough to manage a Dairy Queen, never mind become president.

by Anonymousreply 1511/11/2012

[quote]He was ignorant pure and simple. That's what all that ridiculous behavior is about.

Yes, but let's not forget the guy is a medical doctor who specialized in ob-gyn. It's not like this subject should be a deep mystery to him.

by Anonymousreply 1611/11/2012

I'm sure being cruised by Bruno raised his consciousness.

by Anonymousreply 1711/11/2012

Why would he be tolerant of people speaking only Spanish in his presence? I would be peeved too if I couldn't understand what was being said, and if people didn't include me in the conversation.

Not cool about the homophobia though.

by Anonymousreply 1811/11/2012
Need more help? Click Here.