Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Sodastream

Has anyone bought one of these? They're all the rage this Christmas in department stores and kitchen accessory stores.

The carbonated water they create isn't as carbonated as much as the kind you buy in bottles from the store, but it's still good.

by Anonymousreply 1103/08/2013

I bought one 2 years ago and love it. Making my own club soda is cheaper than buying it.

by Anonymousreply 112/22/2011

You can make it very strong, OP. Just hold the thing down longer than directed. I hold mine down for 4 or five squirts of CO2. The buzzer usually goes off at least twice.

Mine is so strong that it almost hurts to drink it. Of course the CO2 thing will never last for 330 times as they claim for me. I'd say less than half that.

by Anonymousreply 212/22/2011

It seems like one of the most ridiculous appliances invented in the history of mankind.

Why in the world would anyone need or want one of these?

It seems to take the prize for most stupid, unneeded, inane appliance.

by Anonymousreply 312/22/2011

You could start by reading the other thread.

by Anonymousreply 412/22/2011

It's good if you drink a lot of seltzer or want to make home made soda without HFCS or other poisons in it. Soda on the market made with real sugar is very expensive. Soda made with Stevia is even more expensive.

True no one needs soda or even seltzer but if you're going to pay for it anyway....

by Anonymousreply 512/22/2011

People who buy a Sodastream must be some of the most gullible, stupid, asinine, easily persuaded, ridiculous people on earth.

The stupidity that it takes to actually want one of these and actually buy it is unfathomable.

by Anonymousreply 612/23/2011

As seen on TV....

by Anonymousreply 712/23/2011

Because why, R6?

by Anonymousreply 812/23/2011

As I've just posted in the other thread, I've had one for almost 5 years (ever since it was Soda Club), and it's been great. Yes the syrups can be hit or miss (I do think both their colas - regular and diet - tasted better a few years ago. However for the pure carbonated seltzer with lemon or lime that I grew up drinking - meaning I drink lots - it can't be beat.

Another plus is that you can always re-fizz an unfinished bottle that may have gone flat.

by Anonymousreply 912/23/2011

It was shit in the 80s and it's shit now.

The only reason I can think for having one would be to make fizzy cocktails.

Their syrups are full of artificial junk and saccharine. Vile.

by Anonymousreply 1012/23/2011

Samsung is coming out with a refrigerator with a SodaStream built in.

by Anonymousreply 1103/08/2013
Need more help? Click Here.