Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

"50 Women over 50 Who Have Aged Gracefully"

This list is insane. It includes such gracefully aging women as Madonna, Jessica Lange, and Cher.

by Anonymousreply 7002/19/2013

Joan Jett and Ann Curry look amazing for their ages.

Putting Madonna, Cher, and Jessica on that that list is laughable. Ellen Barkin's face looks like a fucked up lump of Play Doh.

by Anonymousreply 112/22/2011

The only women who don;t seem to have had plastic surgery on the list are:

Holly Hunter

Ann Curry

Kim Basinger

Anna Wintour (who looks awful)

Pam Grier

Vera Wang

Diahann Carroll

Sophia Loren

Glenn Close

Meryl Streep

Diane Keaton

Peggy Lipton

Goldie Hawn (who needs to finally change her hair so she doesn't look like she's trying to look 18)

Debbie Harry

Helen Mirren

I'm on the fence whether or not Jane Seymour has had plastic surgery. Either way, she looks GREAT.

by Anonymousreply 312/22/2011

HOLLY HUNTER?! Holly Hunter has PLENTY of surgery, and she LOVES botox and fillers.

by Anonymousreply 412/22/2011

Most of the women in yor list have had work done, R3.

by Anonymousreply 512/22/2011

I guess I'm ranked 51?

by Anonymousreply 612/22/2011

The only one I can agree with is Lynda Carter. Olivia is completely unrecognizable. Her surgery was horrendous.

by Anonymousreply 712/22/2011

Goldie Hawn, R3???? Seriously? The woman is a poster-child for plastics. She has her lips inflated to 32 lbs. of pressure, just like my Volvo.

by Anonymousreply 812/22/2011

"Madonna" and "aging gracefully" should never be linked together in the same sentence.

by Anonymousreply 912/22/2011

R3, Kim B, Anna W, Diahann C, Sophis L, Glen C, and Peggy L have all had plastic surgery- lots. Some better than other. Sophie has always looked stunning.

Madonna and Cher are the funny ones on the list. Cher is a hoot and can do anything in my book- just as tacky taste as Madonna, but with none of the self seriousness is Cher- Madonna is a bore- but I still like her music.

by Anonymousreply 1012/22/2011

Foster is going to be 50 next year and she looks good. Mirren and Streep aged gracefully.

by Anonymousreply 1112/22/2011

Sigourney Weaver looks like the only actress over 50 that hasn't had ANY work done. And when I say any, I mean she never even had her teeth bleached.

by Anonymousreply 1212/22/2011

I want the name of Lynda Carter's surgeon. She's the most youthful 60 year-old I've ever seen.

by Anonymousreply 1312/22/2011

Loren at 77 ???

by Anonymousreply 1412/22/2011

Sorry Ladies.... Helen Mirren had a facelift some time ago. Glenn Close had a nose job and facelift. I agree Sigourney looks very natural, and so does Jodi Foster who doesn't need much help with such a great bone structure.

by Anonymousreply 1502/18/2013

Dana Delany

by Anonymousreply 1602/18/2013

Most of the women who haven't had extensive surgery done look great: Julianne Moore, Sharon Stone, Streep, Sarandon, Lauren Hutton, Mirren, Angela Bassett, Jamie Lee Curtis, Iman, Andie MacDowell, Beverly Johnson, etc.

Either way, many of them look better than most men over 50.

by Anonymousreply 1702/18/2013

Jessica Lange, Cher and Madonna have all had a ton of plastic surgery. Their faces are in no way natural.

by Anonymousreply 1802/18/2013

Jaclyn Smith and Christie Brinkley are still unbelievably beautiful for their ages. The rest of them look like the plastic surgery-ruined estrogen-starved hags and crones they are. It's like a circus freak sideshow.

by Anonymousreply 1902/18/2013

Madonna, Michelle Pfeiffer, and Nicole Kidman all have the same fat glazed donut look.

by Anonymousreply 2002/18/2013

many on the list are older than they are listed.

by Anonymousreply 2102/18/2013

Hysterical. I love Nicole's fat pillow face on her skinny body. I want to tea bag it.

by Anonymousreply 2202/18/2013

"The rest of them look like the plastic surgery-ruined estrogen-starved hags and crones they are. It's like a circus freak sideshow"

You sound like you're not as good-looking as you think you are.

by Anonymousreply 2302/18/2013

Can't wait till Jodie gets over 50. She hasn't done anything to her face and is AWESOME because of it.

by Anonymousreply 2402/18/2013

Jodie is 50 now R24

by Anonymousreply 2502/18/2013

What r19 said. It's unbelievable how stunning Jaclyn Smith and Christie Brinkley still are.

Some of them would look better if they cut their hair.

by Anonymousreply 2702/18/2013

Forgot to add that, besides Smith and Brinkley, Angela Basset is just gorgeous, too. Those cheekbones, the beautiful skin...sigh.

by Anonymousreply 2802/18/2013

r25, Reading comprehension problem, have you. I said OVER 50.

by Anonymousreply 2902/18/2013

Jacklyn Smith, natural?!? You've got to be kidding! She looks like an animatronic version of her younger self. Scary.

by Anonymousreply 3002/18/2013

Nicole is only 45 but had a boob job and is addicted to fillers. She seems very invested in maintaining her current face and body for the red carpet. I wish her kids the best, because Mommie Dearest is right around the corner. Michelle Pfeiffer has been doing plastic surgery her entire career. Seems soulless.

by Anonymousreply 3102/18/2013

R27 - Jaclyn and Christy look good with long hair. Long hair suits Dana Delany in her maturity (as shorter hair suited her in her youth). Jane Seymour looks incredible with long hair.

by Anonymousreply 3202/18/2013

I love Dana Delany. Many of them look great. Some look better than others.

by Anonymousreply 3302/18/2013

I second Dana Delaney. She looks great in her new show.

by Anonymousreply 3402/18/2013

Anyone who objects to Goldie's hairstyle needs to take a good look at the shape of her head and neck. She wears it that style because she would look far worse if she got it cut. Not everyone looks good with short hair.

Most of these "aging gracefully" women have had a ton of work done. Some of them are smart enough, like Sigourney Weaver, Diane Keaton and Susan Sarandon, to start early so they don't require radical work later. They only use the best doctors who know how to be subtle. No obvious fillers, no too large implants, no trying to look 30. I don't know why a wealthy woman whose face is vital to her career would go to a hack, but some of them do.

by Anonymousreply 3502/18/2013

Jodie Foster certainly had a nose job. Just look at pictures of her child performances.

I think it's pretty damn hard to find American actors of either gender who haven't had something done after age 40. The smart ones get minimal work and try to look a little younger, but not perpetually 25. A lot of the European actresses look so much better because they are aging more realistically and naturally.

by Anonymousreply 3602/18/2013

Catherine Deneuve OWNS this thread. If she's had any work done, its very subtle and not at all overdone. 69 yrs old and gorgeous.

by Anonymousreply 3702/18/2013

Bo Derek looks amazing. Gina and Madonna look manufactured. Most of them have excellent surgeons.

by Anonymousreply 3802/18/2013

Madonna looks hot.

Diane Keaton has ALWAYS and still needs, teeth whitening deluxe and about $20,000 of decent veneers. She has the worst teeth in Hollywood.

by Anonymousreply 3902/18/2013

Goldie Hawn looks awful.

Lauren Hutton, Bo Derek, and Susan Sarandon look pretty damn good.

If only Jamie Lee would dye that harsh looking hair. Horrible! Looks as haggard as Mark Harmon.

by Anonymousreply 4002/19/2013

I might be in the minority, I think despite having work done Jessica Lange looks pretty good compared to Goldie Hawn and a few others.

by Anonymousreply 4102/19/2013

[quote]I might be in the minority, I think despite having work done Jessica Lange looks pretty good

NOW she looks good...Jessica had work, and then they tried to fix the work, and then she had more work, and then they fixed that work an then finally she looked ok.

by Anonymousreply 4202/19/2013

I find Hellen Mirren very sexy and one of those rare talents. She's lucky that despite being in the business for years, her stardom rose later in life and no one ends up comparing her younger self to today.

by Anonymousreply 4302/19/2013

Glenn Close had a facelift.

I think Goldie has that hair to hide facelift scars.

Madonna looked pretty damn good for her age until Hard Candy. Her cheeks still don't look right and she got a facelift that fucked up her hairline.

by Anonymousreply 4402/19/2013

I love Helen Mirren. But she is lucky: most of her earlier career was based on showing off her (fabulous) knockers--much like the young Susan Sarandon. She only gained respectability later on.

by Anonymousreply 4502/19/2013

some great looking 50+ that were left off the list: Carol Alt, Madeleine Stowe, and Nigella Lawson

I think Tilda Swinton is aging gracefully for what she started with.

by Anonymousreply 4602/19/2013

Excpet for all the botox Paula Abdul looks great.

by Anonymousreply 4702/19/2013

You fools. At least half of those pics were taken at least 10 years ago, and as others have said, most of the "stars" pictured are composed of at least 50% rubber.

Suzanne Somers is an exception. She's 90% solid latex.

by Anonymousreply 4802/19/2013

after 33 nobody looks at women anyway (I saw it on Oprah! the guest included Teri Hatcher)

by Anonymousreply 4902/19/2013

Isn't this rather a list of 50 women over 50 who are still conventionally beautiful, rather than "aging gracefully"?

by Anonymousreply 5002/19/2013

Imaan and Joan Jett look fabulous. Olivia Newton John should NOT be on that list. Madonna really fucked up her face sometime late 2009. By 2010 she had a completely different face. Her eyes, cheekbones and chin all went too far. Such a shame. Can't these people see they look worse now? Seriously. Aging gracefully for me does not rule out procedures - just bad procedures.

by Anonymousreply 5102/19/2013

Debbie Harry has had lots of work done over the years. What is Cher doing on that list?

by Anonymousreply 5202/19/2013

Don't think so r36. There are tons of pictures that show her nose pretty much the same. With her, you have to look at the evolving photos and not just one. Since she's been in the limelight since 3, there are tons.

Was r3 being sarcastic by saying Hunter, Streep and Goldie are without surgery?

by Anonymousreply 5302/19/2013

Morgan Fairchild OWNS this thread.

by Anonymousreply 5402/19/2013

poor Morgan never found a husband did she?

by Anonymousreply 5502/19/2013

I can't believe they put Joan Jett. The woman's face is plastic at this point. She seriously had no need to do surgery, now her lips look duckish at times.

by Anonymousreply 5602/19/2013

Sophia Loren didn't age gracefully. She is the poster child for plastic surgery and it shows.

by Anonymousreply 5702/19/2013

[quote]Madonna, Michelle Pfeiffer, and Nicole Kidman all have the same fat glazed donut look.

Michelle Pfeiffer has no fat anywhere.

by Anonymousreply 5802/19/2013

I've always loved Iman and find her incredibly beautiful. She's a great African beauty, a great beauty in general. It's funny that she says in her country she's just average. Angela Bassett and Christie Brinkley look great. Christie looks like she's going to be sexy at sixty.

by Anonymousreply 5902/19/2013

I think Sharon Stone is an incredibly beautiful woman. She has had very good surgery and not overdone it. She's damn gorgeous.

Here's a pic from 2012.

by Anonymousreply 6002/19/2013

Sophia looks fine - its Raquel Welch who looks ridiculously plastic.

by Anonymousreply 6102/19/2013

[quote]Sophia looks fine

Sophia looks terrible. She looks like the Joker from Batman with all that surgery.

by Anonymousreply 6202/19/2013

Jane Fonda had work done, but at least she still resembles herself. Christie Brinkley looks amazing. Beverly Johnson and Iman look good too.

by Anonymousreply 6302/19/2013

I had no idea that Ann Curry was over 50! I've seen Raquel up close, and she looks great and Helen had a facelift right before Hitchcock.

by Anonymousreply 6402/19/2013

Gracefully = brava for letting yourself look haggard and old.

Get that shit lifted, sucked, stapled, etc!

by Anonymousreply 6502/19/2013

[quote]Jane Fonda had work done, but at least she still resembles herself.

Jane Fonda disagrees, and went on a press tour saying it. She doesn't recognize herself, and it was the worst decision of her life.

by Anonymousreply 6602/19/2013

It is true, Jessica Lange had some truly gruesome plastic surgery done some years back, but it is FINALLY settling and she really does look great.

But yes, 'graceful' aging doesn't = plastic surgery imo.

by Anonymousreply 6702/19/2013

I forgot about Christie Brinkley. Her eyes are slightly catlike but other than that she looks incredible for her age.

by Anonymousreply 6802/19/2013

[quote]I think Tilda Swinton is aging gracefully for what she started with.

What did she start with?

by Anonymousreply 6902/19/2013

Most stars, male or female, have had work done.

by Anonymousreply 7002/19/2013
Need more help? Click Here.