Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

'Live! With Kelly' Ratings Down Without Regis Philbin

Although the first post-Philbin show attracted good ratings, recent figures show that they have since plummeted.

by Anonymousreply 10611/15/2012

I told Gelman they'd never make it without me!

by Anonymousreply 112/21/2011

New York is the biggest market for television and the people won't watch the show without Mr. New York.

by Anonymousreply 212/21/2011

Tips must be full on crazy now.

by Anonymousreply 312/21/2011

You know you want me.

by Anonymousreply 412/21/2011

The Ripa fangurls are notoriously silent.

by Anonymousreply 612/21/2011

Kelly is terrific, but all hosts need a co-host from whom to play off. Kelly's recent substitute co-hosts are good, but Regis just had a way about him and with the audience that was funny, spontaneous and humorously cynical.

Regis had it, and that's why he lasted so long. The other recent co-hosts are good but they're not hosts; they are actors; comedians, etc. They don't always have the gift of unscripted, impromptu gab.

by Anonymousreply 712/21/2011

I could never stand to watch that show BECAUSE of Regis' nasal voice. He always sounded congested and it bugged me the one or two times I tried to watch.

by Anonymousreply 812/21/2011

Agree r7, with the exception of NPH who does have hosting experience. But i think he is too busy with his sitcom and movies to do a daily morning show.

by Anonymousreply 912/21/2011

Kelly doesnt seem to be a cokehead anymore. Wonder how she keeps her weight down now

by Anonymousreply 1012/21/2011

You can't appeal to the 70+ demographic and think that your base is going to grow.

by Anonymousreply 1112/21/2011

Yesterday she appeared with a guest host and the two of them had zero chemistry. Unfortunately, the guest host was her husband!

She's an overly sarcastic bitch who's to self absorbed and unlikeable to carry a daytime talk show on her own. She needs a counter balance who's jovial and fun.

by Anonymousreply 1212/21/2011

r13, as much as I loathe Frons, he had no control over Philbin or Live.

by Anonymousreply 1412/21/2011

NPH or Anderson would be awesome.

Since neither of those options appears realistic, I'll take "Jolly, Handsome Gay Man #3"-- Sam Champion.

by Anonymousreply 1612/21/2011

Another of life's great mysteries: the popularity of Regis Philbin and the concept that anyone would miss him.

by Anonymousreply 1712/21/2011

They should pair Kelly with a co-host who's blonde, skinny, vapid, and....20 YEARS YOUNGER! Oh, the hilarity of watching Kelly self destruct in real time.

by Anonymousreply 1912/21/2011

R18 I looked up those videos. Thanks! They are hilarious.

Tom Hanks here:

by Anonymousreply 2012/21/2011

And here is the Priscilla Presley video. Priscilla does seem a bit catty here.

by Anonymousreply 2112/21/2011

Wow slow news week and slower readers. The Post is comparing current ratings to that of Regis' much-hyped last week. Of course there will be a huge drop.

by Anonymousreply 2212/21/2011

I don't think Priscilla was being rude. I think she was just trying to hear what Regis had to say. She was trying to make light of it.

There was no reason for Kelly to get that pissy with Tom Hanks. I'm surprised he didn't tell her to kiss his flabby ass and walk off.

by Anonymousreply 2312/21/2011

Agreed about the Tom Hanks goof, but Priscilla said Kelly butt in which is not really a friendly way of speaking when she is one of the interviewers.

by Anonymousreply 2412/21/2011

[quote]Agreed about the Tom Hanks goof, but Priscilla said Kelly butt in which is not really a friendly way of speaking when she is one of the interviewers.

Priscilla said it in a joking way, but bitchface Kelly has NO sense of humor and took it seriously, pouting like a little kid not saying another word. Grow up! Interviewers need to have a spine because you're not going to like everyone you interview and you get upset over dumb shit, you're in the wrong business.

by Anonymousreply 2512/21/2011

Isn't this the bitch who acted like she might get AIDS from Clay Aiken's hands?

by Anonymousreply 2612/21/2011

R25 You really don't like Kelly Ripa huh? Eh, ok. I really have no stake in it. I just thought Priscilla came off a little catty especially with her "I know this happens a lot." LOL

by Anonymousreply 2712/21/2011

by Anonymousreply 2812/22/2011

Where are the producers going with the demographic? Do they want to pair Kelly with an older spontaneously humorous host, or some of the younger actor/comedians they've been trotting out? NPH has already had to apologize for slipping in the word "tranny" into his spontaneous banter; her husband is deer-in-headlights dull. Where can they go with this?

by Anonymousreply 2912/22/2011

Gawker has an article today that says that Kelly's ratings are up since Regis left.

by Anonymousreply 3012/22/2011

After watching the series of guest hosts lately I have one question, is Mark Consuelos a gay man?

by Anonymousreply 3112/22/2011

It wasobvious this was going to happen. Despite what anyone says, the show was Regis'. Kelly was hired because he was able to play off HER, not the other way around.

by Anonymousreply 3212/22/2011

[quote]is Mark Consuelos a gay man?

The epitome of bi.

by Anonymousreply 3312/22/2011

Suddenly my value is realized

by Anonymousreply 3412/22/2011

If anyone is wondering why Kelly's ratings are down, wonder no longer. While getting ready for work this morning, I was flipping the channels and settled on Kelly for a few minutes. Her co-host today? Fucking loser with no charisma: Andy Cohen. He should stick with the famewhore (they shouldn't even be on TV) no-talent 'Housewives' where he's already ruined one network.

Ripa and Cohen's "host chat" and banter with each other was dreadful. I only stayed with the show since I was leaving the house shortly and wanted to see how truly awful it was. The show sucked beyond words.

Say what you want about Regis, but the guy had the gift of gab--spontaneous and funny. Okay fine, Regis had to retire. But Andy Cohen doesn't even come close to serving as a worthy replacement.

by Anonymousreply 3512/22/2011

r32 is quite correct. And also, Tom Hanks was an ass in that video. He didn't even apologize right away like "Oh, Kelly, I am SO sorry" or even try to show any contrition. She had a right to be rather insulted and say what she did. And she did it with good humor. Not defending her, overall, because she CAN be quite over the top sometimes but Tom Hanks just looks and acts like a bloated, alcoholic, self-congratulating mess in that clip.

by Anonymousreply 3612/22/2011

He didn't exactly "play off" her, he depended on her to tell him who was seated on the other side of him. He depended on her to pronounce the name of each guest. He depended on her to remind him of why the guest was on the show. He depended on her to cover up when his anger boiled over. He depended on her to to cover up his nasty or tacky comments.

by Anonymousreply 3712/22/2011

Did anyone see when Kelly said on the show which one of her kids is her favorite. Yikes! Something like that would have devastated me as a young child.

by Anonymousreply 3812/22/2011

I've seen her already with Jerry Seinfeld, Josh Groban, Taye Diggs, and her boring husband Mark as her temp co-hosts... the banter was dreadful for all of them. The show isn't going to last.

Ironically, Regis, who was edged out because he's past it, will have the last laugh.

by Anonymousreply 3912/22/2011

I like Kelly a lot but bring her husband on would be a mistake. NPH has a very naughty side(Kelly's "in"box)and I believe he one joke away from saying something scandalous. Someone floated Tony Danza's name around but he got a resounding "Boo!"from Wendy Williams audience(I know,not a good reference)

Jerry Seinfeld was horrific,completely unfunny without a script to follow.

Kelly loves and has a great rapport with Anderson but he probably is tied down to his own daytime show for at least a year.

by Anonymousreply 4012/22/2011

Why is Kelly only attracted to gay men?

by Anonymousreply 4112/22/2011

My price just went UP!

by Anonymousreply 4212/22/2011

Her switching to the other chair was a jarring visual blunder, also.

She thinks she is funny, but she tries too hard. Regis made it look easy.

by Anonymousreply 4312/22/2011

If you look at old videos of the show you can really see how much weight Kelly has lost and how hardened she has become physically.

by Anonymousreply 4412/22/2011

What about Alan Thicke as Regis' replacement? He's older, handsome, and well known (at least to an older crowd). He's also quick witted and self deprecating. He has hosting experience...

But maybe he's "too LA" though I'm sure he has LOTS of interesting stories about A-listers he's encountered over the years.

by Anonymousreply 4512/22/2011

She may not be a coke whore, but she's on uppers of some kind.

She has a hard time keeping her mouth shut and she can't let a guest finish a sentence.

by Anonymousreply 4612/22/2011

If they had Mark present his hole, I would tune in!

by Anonymousreply 4712/22/2011

In that Tom Hanks video it didn't seem to me he accidentally called her Kathie Lee - he was referring to the show itself when Kathie Lee was still on it. And thus Kelly was the bitch for saying "the name is Kelly now."

by Anonymousreply 4812/22/2011

[quote]For the moment, at least, the departure of Regis Philbin from his longtime perch in the morning has not sent his former show’s ratings into a tailspin.

[quote]In fact, the numbers look quite good, so far, for the version of “Live” now hosted by Kelly Ripa, who has been accompanied by a succession of guest co-hosts.

[quote]The show reported on Wednesday that by virtually every measure, “Live” is faring better under Ms. Ripa solo than it did at this point last year when Mr. Philbin was still on board.

by Anonymousreply 4912/22/2011

Thank you R49- the ratings are fine w/o Regis and will people stop saying the show is a sinking ship!

by Anonymousreply 5012/22/2011

To be completely clear, I don't give a shit about this show, just sharing a link.

Like most adults with jobs, I don't watch daytime TV.

by Anonymousreply 5112/22/2011

Mark Consuelos is definitely NOT a gay man. I assure you of this.

by Anonymousreply 5212/22/2011

"Live with Kelly" will not successfully pull off the unique feat of a female host/boss with a subordinate male "co-host." Not permanently, that is.

What Kelly needs is a female co-host.

by Anonymousreply 5312/22/2011

[quote]What Kelly needs is a female co-host.

Please not famewhore flutterer Andy Cohen.

by Anonymousreply 5412/22/2011

I think Andy Cohen would be great on this show. I still wouldn't watch it, but I think he'd be great.

by Anonymousreply 5512/22/2011

R55. Did you watch Kelly and Andy this morning? It was the worst piece of crap ever. He's terible.

by Anonymousreply 5612/22/2011

Andy and Kelly are good friends, but even she seemed to be a little irritated with him being so over the top and hyper.

by Anonymousreply 5712/23/2011

I love the posters who claim they don't give a shit about something, but not only go to the trouble of searching for a link, but then take the time to copy and paste certain parts of said link.

So much effort for someone who doesn't care.

by Anonymousreply 5812/23/2011

Funny, The Hollywood Reporter is saying just the opposite.

by Anonymousreply 5912/23/2011

I don't even like Priscilla Presley, but I'm glad she cut Ripa down to size with this. Ripa had it coming.

by Anonymousreply 6012/23/2011

R59, see R49.

by Anonymousreply 6112/23/2011

Looks like Josh Groban has the inside track right now.

by Anonymousreply 6312/23/2011

Are they still doing the revolving door hosts? You would think they would have made someone an offer already.

by Anonymousreply 6412/28/2011

I'm 64 and I love kelly! I have kind of enjoyed having different co-hosts. It makes the show different from other shows. We all know that Regis can't be replaced so just get over it and see what the net work decides to do. Ever heard of keeping an open mind?

by Anonymousreply 6501/01/2012

David Duchovny was so boring today-devoid of any personality outside of acting.

by Anonymousreply 6601/04/2012

The new co-host won't be revealed until February sweeps, or maybe not until May, again for a sweeps boost.

Unless this show tanks completely.

Kelly Ripa and Michael Gelman are among the luckiest people in show business.

by Anonymousreply 6701/04/2012

Neil Patrick Harris has been the best co-host so far. He's the only one who can improv well enough to keep things interesting. It looks like he's been playing it safe so far, but if he got the gig full time I think he would cut loose over time and make the show really fun. Like Regis did over the course of his life.

My favorite exchange between them was when they had the beach balls flying around the house prior to the daily contest last summer. Kelly disliked the them saying "don't cha hate waking up every morning to have balls flying in your face?" to which NPH replied "Speak for yourself!" with a sly smirk. Priceless.

I like the show. Its a nice alternative to the bazillionith hour of "The Today Show. Kelly is fine. After 9+ years, she's earned her stripes. With the right co-host the show will stay strong.

by Anonymousreply 6801/04/2012

I really didn't think Kelly could do it on her own, but Anderson is not the answer I definately wouldn't watch any more. Daytime on Abc is over for me without soaps and regis.

by Anonymousreply 6901/26/2012

Live with Kelly is on the CBS affiliate station in my city. So it must be a syndicated show and not considered part of ABC daytime programming, R69.

Not that you shouldn't hold a grudge against ABC daytime, I'm just saying maybe the Live show shouldn't be lumped in with the rest of the ABC morning/afternoon lineup.

And I do think that Anderson does much better when paired with Kelly than he does on his absolute snooze of a talk show.

by Anonymousreply 7001/26/2012

Is anyone really shocked? This was going to happen. Despite what may seem his many detractors (at least according to what I read on this site - and that leads me to think that his detractors are actually not that many), Regis was born to do what he was doing. He could be sitting beside a complete dud and still make that hour work. It was always Regis and Whoever. Now, with him gone, Kelly is expected to carry a show in a schedule full of wanna-be talk show hosts and talking heads. Was never gonna work.

by Anonymousreply 7101/26/2012

I hated Regis, the show is so much better with him gone.

by Anonymousreply 7201/26/2012

Anderson would be PERFECT with Kelly and he was her main choice. His show may be headed for cancellation and he should get on board with Kelly because that would work if he wants to do this daytime thing.

by Anonymousreply 7301/26/2012

NPH is good in small doses - but everyday? He could be annoying.

And the title - "Live with Kelly and Neil Patrick!" - doesn't fit.

Maybe they'll go all street cred and retool it as "Live with K.N.P."!!!!!!!!!!

Or ...

"K.A.N.P" (pronounced 'camp')

by Anonymousreply 7401/26/2012

Actually, the information stated in this thread about ratings being down is misleading. Yes, the rating have gone down from the last week or two that Regis was there -- but the ratings for those couple weeks were artifically inflated because it was Regis' last couple weeks. They normally did not get those ratings that they got during his goodbye weeks.

The ratings for this week are down .1 in the demo over the same period last year (last year 2.9, this year 2.8). Down a tick, yes, but the show is not bombing. I think people predicted that ratings would drop wildly without Regis, and that has not happened.

by Anonymousreply 7501/26/2012

Oops, that should say down .1 in Households, not in the demo.

by Anonymousreply 7601/26/2012

If you google 'tv by the numbers' you'll see that Kelly is generally the top rated syndicated talk show, sometimes beaten by Dr. Oz but consistently ahead of Ellen DeGeneres, whose ratings nobody seems to question.

by Anonymousreply 7701/26/2012

There are probably a lot of old bittys who must be in a blue-haired funk since their Regis is gone.

by Anonymousreply 7801/26/2012

[quote]NPH is good in small doses - but everyday? He could be annoying.

Ditto. He's okay every now and then, but he's kind of irritating after awhile. He thinks that everything he says is so clever.

by Anonymousreply 7901/26/2012

As much as OP wants the ratings to be in the basement, Kelly and guest hosts have one of the top rated talk shows on TV. She's much more relaxed now that she doesn't have to be ready to jump in like she did when Regis would screw up several times on a daily basis.

by Anonymousreply 8001/26/2012

r75 = Gelman.

Hi, sweetie!!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 8101/26/2012

I think Oprah has some free time on her hands...

by Anonymousreply 8201/26/2012

Kelly originates at WABC-TV which owns the show and is syndicated by Buena Vista, a Walt Disney Company.

by Anonymousreply 8301/26/2012

Kelly brings the husband in too much guess they are grooming for perm job for him. The husband is now traveling with her so they give him a co host to justify his free trip

by Anonymousreply 8404/04/2012

She grates on my nerves. The only time I see this show is when I;m at my mother's house and she forgets to change the channel at 9:00 AM. I see a few minutes of it every month or two and the show is AWFUL. I would never intentionally watch it. Ever.

by Anonymousreply 8611/06/2012

I like Strahan. Give him a chance to get comfortable in his role.

by Anonymousreply 8711/06/2012

Depending on how you spin the numbers, this thread title is actually not true. The show sucks, but some out there feel the ratings are just fine.

by Anonymousreply 8811/06/2012

Anderson Cooper can save it!

by Anonymousreply 8911/06/2012

LIGHT skinned blacks are in. This dark skinned guy is too threatening to white women. They think he'll reach through the screen and do the rape on them.

by Anonymousreply 9011/06/2012

Strahan is just fine.

by Anonymousreply 9111/06/2012

R90 be quiet, you know not of what you speak.

by Anonymousreply 9211/06/2012

I have nothing against Strahan, but I find him boring on the show, and he's not really that famous. Kelly picked a wrong choice as co-host.

by Anonymousreply 9311/06/2012

You can tell that Kelly likes hugging him. He's a big adorable teddy bear of a man.

by Anonymousreply 9411/06/2012

He does have a nice body, he's HUGE.

by Anonymousreply 9511/06/2012

I'm just so tired of black people being used to save money. You see it on too many programs. But, in todays market the temptation must be too hard to resist. Every show seems to have their mandatory black, and yet the hispanackies out number the blacks two to one they only get to news reports in the field.

by Anonymousreply 9611/06/2012

It is not him, it's her. Can't stand waching that (former druggy?) anorexic shrill. Everyone pretends that she is't anorexic. drug of choice coke. Marc can drink with the best of em

by Anonymousreply 9711/06/2012

r88, you are telling OP of a thread that was created nearly a year ago that their title isn't accurate. It's great that you present supporting documentation for your point, but you look a little goofy for saying that your information on current ratings is contrary to the numbers from last December.

by Anonymousreply 9811/06/2012

Kelly is a coke whore

by Anonymousreply 9911/06/2012

by Anonymousreply 10011/07/2012

Well, kinda goofy this thread was bumped up, R98.

by Anonymousreply 10111/08/2012

Maybe so, r101. That happens a lot on DL though.

by Anonymousreply 10211/08/2012

Michael Strahan is hot as fuck.

by Anonymousreply 10311/08/2012

Amen r103

by Anonymousreply 10411/08/2012

I said I would never watch Kelly Live again with her new co-host. He is just not a good match. She needs somebody like Martin Short or the fellow from Saturday Night Live.......that's why the ratings are down.

by Anonymousreply 10511/15/2012

[quote]She needs somebody like Martin Short

Oh Martin, give it a rest. You're over. But thanks for visiting DL.

by Anonymousreply 10611/15/2012
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!