Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Why Would Any Man Put His Wallet In His Back Pocket?

You're just asking for a pick pocketing.

by Anonymousreply 6403/24/2013

I've never understood that either, not only because of pick-pocketers, but because who the hell wants to feel it while they're sitting down?

I've always put my wallet in my front pocket.

by Anonymousreply 112/21/2011

It's even MORE uncomfortable in a front pocket!!

by Anonymousreply 212/21/2011

I use a Buxton Suppository wallet that can be gently shoved up my ass after each transaction. The only downside is one quickly develops a love hate relationship with the demands of christmas shopping.

by Anonymousreply 412/21/2011

[quote]You're just asking for a pick pocketing."

Not all of us live in your third-world urban slum, OP.

by Anonymousreply 512/21/2011

r5, not all of us live in flyovers like yourself.

by Anonymousreply 612/21/2011

Putting your wallet in your back pocket is a throwback to days gone by. Days when kids could ride in the back of a pickup, when you didn't have to lock your car door and you left the car running when you ran inside the store...

Old habits die hard for some people.

by Anonymousreply 712/21/2011

R8, I carry a very thin wallet with only a few cards and driver's license, so I always carry it in my front pocket. I carry cash separately in a money clip.

by Anonymousreply 912/21/2011

Never in the front pocket!

by Anonymousreply 1012/21/2011

Not to mention one bun would be higher than the other.

by Anonymousreply 1112/21/2011

Feels so nice when it's removed from the back pocket.

by Anonymousreply 1212/21/2011

Always in the front pocket. I've had lifelong back pain and it's markedly better since I've switched that wallet to the front pocket.

How does this affect bulge? Where is your cock - do you wear your pants sideways? You can put a wallet in your front pocket and still show plenty of box!

by Anonymousreply 1312/21/2011

Wallet in back pocket = pelvis and spine out of alignment, pain.

by Anonymousreply 1412/21/2011

i highly doubt that 1/2" of wallet under the soft fleshy padding of the ass is going to contribute to poor posture or back pain.

if you wear pants that fit correctly, getting a wallet out of the front pocket will be difficult.

I usually carry mine in my jacket or coat pocket though. In the summer, back pocket or in my messenger bag.

Never front pocket though.

by Anonymousreply 1512/21/2011

OP Lives in the Bronx. Keep flying over Colorado trash.

by Anonymousreply 1612/21/2011

Always the back pocket or if wearing a suit, the inside jacket pocket. Putting a wallet in the front pocket is strange, it's like a little kid who sticks his allowance in his front pocket and hops on his bike or something.

by Anonymousreply 1712/21/2011

I've ditched the wallet almost completely. Instead, it's a moneyclip with cash, a driver's license, ATM card, and one credit card. Front pocket, fits easily.

by Anonymousreply 1812/21/2011

Back pocket, definitely. I like a wallet with enough heft to know that it is there, but by no means a great bulging George Constanza thing. I carry only a few cards in it (driver's license, a couple credit cards, and an ATM card); currency I stick in a front pocket, with no money clip -- it stays together quite neatly.

Only on the rarest of occasion might it go (briefly) into a front pocket, say while wandering through thick throngs of people.

by Anonymousreply 1912/21/2011

The only time I put a wallet in a front pocket is when visiting a crime-ridden city... walking around in New Orleans, New York, San Francisco, etc.

by Anonymousreply 2012/21/2011

[R13] How big is your wallet that it effects your back??

by Anonymousreply 2112/21/2011

I carry mine in the the inside front pocket of my jacket or coat. Otherwise when it's warm I just carry a super slim holder for a card/cash in the front pant pocket. or I just use natures credi card and carry nothing

by Anonymousreply 2212/21/2011

Affects, R21, not effects.

Mine is pretty big and bulgy, what with all the goodies inside.

by Anonymousreply 2312/21/2011

The only time I ever put my wallet in the front pocket is when I make it to The Cock late on a Saturday night...

by Anonymousreply 2412/21/2011

I keep only 50's and 100's behind my nut sack... Only the FINE ass bitches can access my Wad ;)

by Anonymousreply 2511/19/2012

I carry a purse

by Anonymousreply 2611/19/2012

Always front pocket - both the sitting on the damned thing, and pickpocketing target make sense to me!

by Anonymousreply 2711/19/2012

Does anybody still put their big bills in their socks?

by Anonymousreply 2811/19/2012

Back pocket since high school. A purse only for interviews.

by Anonymousreply 2911/19/2012

[quote]OP Lives in the Bronx. Keep flying over Colorado trash.

Oh, dear. You need to invest in a comma, Mr. Colorado trash.

by Anonymousreply 3011/19/2012

I know chiropractors advise not carrying a wallet in your back pocket and occasionally I don't, especially in crowds of people I can't trust it is carried in the front pocket. But in the morning when I get dressed and grab my wallet, old habits die hard and I always put it in my back pocket.

by Anonymousreply 3111/19/2012

Working at a desk all day with a wallet in your back pocket will eventually be the cause of back pain. My doctor advised me to remove the wallet and my back pain is gone.

by Anonymousreply 3211/19/2012

Back pocket = sucker pockwet

by Anonymousreply 3311/19/2012

I have a nice color coordinated fanny pack!

by Anonymousreply 3411/19/2012

Men used to wear tighter pants in the 70's, 80's, etc. and it was hard to pick the pocket back then. Now men wear baggy pants because they are afraid of being sexualized and so the wallet has to go in the front pocket because all sorts of shit can be going on back there and you'd never know it.

Plus it's been proven that thick wallets in the back pocket cause spinal problems while sitting.

by Anonymousreply 3511/19/2012

For the LAST TIME: If a princess can feel a pea through countless mattresses, your spine can feel your wallet through soem flehsy ass padding.

by Anonymousreply 3611/19/2012

Because a gentleman only showcases ONE prominent bulge in the front of his pants.

by Anonymousreply 3711/19/2012

You're talking about a "gentleman" r37? Sounds more like a prostitute/hustler to me.

by Anonymousreply 3811/19/2012

Yeah it's so uncomfortable and stupid to put it in the back pocket. I always put it in a different pocket-front pants pocket, if I'm wearing pants that have pockets on the side maybe in there, maybe if my shirt or jacket has a's just not good for you and easy to be stolen if it's behind your ass.

by Anonymousreply 3911/19/2012

If you're wearing a jacket or blazer with a breast pocket that's the best place for it. If you're a man.

by Anonymousreply 4011/19/2012

[quote]I've always put my wallet in my front pocket.

That poster is a girl

by Anonymousreply 4111/20/2012

If my wallet is full, I put it in my breast pocket sideways so it doesn't bulge.

by Anonymousreply 4211/20/2012

Thank goodness for Cargo pants!

Used to wear wallet in back pocket. Developed back problems a few years ago, so back pocket is no longer an option.

Front pocket is also uncomfortable, but tolerable in a pinch.

If I going dressier, the wallet goes in the breast pocket of the jacket.

by Anonymousreply 4311/20/2012

Hi, it's me. Consider how sexy you look to the ladies with a man purse.

by Anonymousreply 4411/20/2012

Because its more comfortable there. I've never been pick pocketed.

by Anonymousreply 4511/20/2012

You guys are nuts. I live in San Francisco and keep my wallet in my back pocket. Horrors. And when I get to work, you know what? I take my wallet out of my pocket and put it on the desk.

by Anonymousreply 4611/20/2012

There is a reason why Europeans wear money belts.

by Anonymousreply 4711/20/2012

I carry mine in my manny pack

by Anonymousreply 4811/20/2012

R46 will have a fabulous time in Europe.

by Anonymousreply 4911/20/2012

Not really related to the thread, but I am reminded of the guy I was walking down the street behind a few weeks ago. He was a little shorter than me, quite muscular and cut, and wore very tight gray cords. In his back pocket was his iphone and i could make out the camera lens the way those pants clung to his ass.

Excuse me, gotta go now...

by Anonymousreply 5011/20/2012

I put mine in my back pocket. Live in NYC my entire adult life (nearly 40 years). Use public transportation every day- never been pick pocketed. On crowded trains and such I often put my hand over the pocket.

by Anonymousreply 5111/20/2012

[R16] i'm not stupid, i made it through 16 countries in europe without being robbed, thanks

by Anonymousreply 5211/20/2012

... although i'm apparently not very good at using the right reply # in my responses :(

by Anonymousreply 5311/20/2012

Grow some breasts, seriously.

I'm a woman and usually don't like to carry too much on me when I go out. So I have a small billfold that I put a few bills and my bank card and ID in, and then I tuck it inside the top part of my bra, near the shoulder.

Dont like too many bulky things in my pocket, as I already carry my eyeliner and chapstick/lipgloss there.

Breasts are like useful shelves on top of your body. When I'm hiking I even tuck my phone into my bra.

by Anonymousreply 5411/20/2012

I never use pockets at all. I hate things crammed in pockets. I put it directly down my trousers or shorts. It's much more comfortable, as well as safer. In addition (especially if you have a nicer wallet) it looks much better with just the top of your wallet sticking out of your pants or belt rather than giant bulge in your pocket. And it doesn't cause damage to the fabric of your good clothes, AND finally you can't accidentally put it through the wash! No contest.

by Anonymousreply 5501/25/2013

r55 is gonna get arrested. Clerks all over town think he's fondling his Trouser Trout while searching for the wallet in his front pants.

by Anonymousreply 5601/25/2013

I've never ever had pants with front pockets so I put it in my SIDE pockets. The bulge from the wallet is on my side. I have no clue how you could carry a wallet in your back pocket, that pocket is too small and you couldn't sit comfortably.

by Anonymousreply 5703/24/2013

Front pocket, always. It's much more comfortable.

by Anonymousreply 5803/24/2013

Have lived in NYC all my life, crowded subways, platforms, grimy hoods....always back pocket, never pick pocketed once.

Did drop my wallet on Astor Place once (was putting stuff on a friend's car roof). I had it back with everything in it including the cash the next day.

by Anonymousreply 5903/24/2013

My pocket was picked from a front pocket on the stairs.

by Anonymousreply 6003/24/2013

[quote] There is a reason why Europeans wear money belts.

I think you meant to say "American tourists in Europe".

by Anonymousreply 6103/24/2013

I deal with people everyday who have to show me a photo ID. I can't believe how many say, "Oh I left it in my car- I'll be right back". I can't imagine ever leaving my freaking wallet in a vehicle.

by Anonymousreply 6203/24/2013

Haven't bulky wallets in back pockets been associated with back pain?

by Anonymousreply 6303/24/2013

Back pocket. Always -- since I was a teenager.

Purses are a pain in the ass and I was always losing mine.

The only time my wallet was stolen was when I had it in a purse.

by Anonymousreply 6403/24/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!