Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Favorite SNL Clip

I love: Old French Whore.

by Anonymousreply 17904/25/2013

Thank you, OP! "Old French Whore" is one of my all-time favorite SNL sketches and I haven't seen it in many years. Garth Brooks in drag was a riot.

by Anonymousreply 112/15/2011

Mine is Colonel Angus.

by Anonymousreply 212/15/2011

Probably the hardest I've ever laughed at an SNL skit was the "Joyride" skit with Ross Perot (Dana Carvey) and Admiral Stockdale (Phil Hartman) the week after Stockdale first publicly appeared in a vice-presidential debate.

It will never be as funny as it was when it first appeared, but it was so timely and strange it had me howling with laughter.

by Anonymousreply 312/15/2011

My favorite is from long ago....the first season.

I looked for it on-line, but could not find it, even though several sites list it as one of the top 10 moments on TV.....

Gilda Radner and Chevy Chase doing a commercial for "Autumn Fizz...The CARBONATED Douche!"

I LOL just thinking about it!

by Anonymousreply 412/15/2011

Eddie Murphy as Velvet Jones, "So You Want To Be a Ho."

by Anonymousreply 612/15/2011

Also, any of "The View" sketches when Tina Fey used to write them and Cheri Oteri did her uncanny Barbra Walters imitation--she is by far the best Walters imitator ever (funnier than Rachel Dratch or even Gilda Radner).

by Anonymousreply 712/15/2011

Gays in Space, but only for Maya Rudolph's dizzy disco diva.

by Anonymousreply 812/15/2011

John Goodman as Linda Tripp was always a howler--here's the first of them:

by Anonymousreply 912/15/2011

Really, OP? Really?

by Anonymousreply 1012/15/2011

And here's when Goodman had refined his Tripp imitation a bit more, and made her more girlish and coy:

by Anonymousreply 1112/15/2011

"Bad Clams":

by Anonymousreply 1212/15/2011

Just the sight of John Goodman in Linda Tripp drag was enough to make me laugh out loud. It was so funny because he looked uncannily like her, and there was no makeup or prosthetics involved - it was just John Goodman in a wig and a dress.

by Anonymousreply 1312/15/2011

Alec Baldwin's Schweddy Balls.

by Anonymousreply 1412/16/2011

Any episode of Matt Foley - motivational speaker.

by Anonymousreply 1512/16/2011

COLLETTE REARDON

by Anonymousreply 1612/16/2011

SIMMAH DAHN NAH!

by Anonymousreply 1712/16/2011

Gilda Radner - "Hey You" perfume

by Anonymousreply 1912/16/2011

Love jan hooks..

There was also a really funny sketch I vaguely remember where Phil Hartman & Jan played Jim and Tammy Faye Bakker Nora Dunn as Leona Helmsley. They all escaped prison together

by Anonymousreply 2012/16/2011

Alec Baldwin and his absurdly sexy hairy chest hitting on Canteen Boy. I still get hard during the finger sucking part.

by Anonymousreply 2212/16/2011

One of my favorite clips - Cameron Diaz in Jingleheimer Junction. It's ridiculous and obvious, but cracks me up every time.

by Anonymousreply 2312/16/2011

I loved Martin Short as Jackie Rodgers, Jr., in any of those sketches he did back in 1982 or so.

In particular, Jackpot Wad. I can't find that online at all, ever.

by Anonymousreply 2412/16/2011

Love this one:

by Anonymousreply 2512/16/2011

Brenda the Waitress

With Alec Baldwin "Sitting on that stool like he's doing it a favor"

by Anonymousreply 2612/16/2011

"lay off I'm starving!"

by Anonymousreply 2712/16/2011

Debbie Downer = lame

Debbie Downer skit where they players can't keep from breaking up = hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 2812/16/2011

[quote]There was also a really funny sketch I vaguely remember where Phil Hartman & Jan played Jim and Tammy Faye Bakker Nora Dunn as Leona Helmsley. They all escaped prison together

It was called something like "Big Bitch Bulldyke Breakout of 1989" or such. And unfortunately, we also had to put up with Victoria Jackson as Zsa Zsa Gabor.

by Anonymousreply 2912/16/2011

Lord and Lady Douchebag.

by Anonymousreply 3012/16/2011

Ana Gasteyer in the Martha Stewart Holiday Special. When they pan out at the end to show Martha shimmying topless, I just about pee my pants laughing.

by Anonymousreply 3112/16/2011

My favorite character is, was, and always will be Will Ferell's Janet Reno. That shit cracked me up.

by Anonymousreply 3212/16/2011

Another Janet Reno by Will Ferrell. Only Will could do a skit that is so completely and hilariously fucked up.

by Anonymousreply 3312/16/2011

Loved anything the Sweeney Sisters did – esp. when one was engaged to a slimy Wm. Shatner. Can't find good quality clips anywhere.

by Anonymousreply 3412/16/2011

Mary Tyler Moore as the third Sweeney Sister

Miss Self-Esteem U.S.A., featuring Jan Hooks as Miss Self-Esteem Georgia

Stefon

The Infamous episode of Coffee Talk featuring Madonna and Roseanne with a surprise cameo by Barbra (at the time the three most powerful women in front of a camera).

The Young Caucasians singing "What Did I Say" with Ray Charles

The Brady's vs. The Partridges sing-off - "We got choreography"

In the category of "same shit all the time but I can't stop laughing all the time":

Secret Word - The Game That Staaaars Play!

Toonces The Driving Cat - The Cat Who Could Drive A Car

The couple (Oteri and Kattan) that got hot and heavy in front of company, in airplanes, etc.

Lyle The Effeminate Heterosexual

Best Monologues:

Kate Hudson and the kids of Laugh-In

Steve Buscemi and the cliche movie characters

Amy Poehler's nightmare

Best ads:

Homocil

Sugar Smacks "now with Ecstasy!"

Gay Beer

by Anonymousreply 3512/16/2011

Gilda Radner and Steve Martin putting Fred and Ginger to shame...

by Anonymousreply 3712/16/2011

[quote]There was also a really funny sketch I vaguely remember where Phil Hartman & Jan played Jim and Tammy Faye Bakker Nora Dunn as Leona Helmsley. They all escaped prison together

I remember that! And Victoria Jackson was Zsa Zsa Gabor.

by Anonymousreply 3812/16/2011

Thanks so much [36]! but I'm outside the US and can't see HULU :

by Anonymousreply 3912/16/2011

Second R15, but I put in some effort.

by Anonymousreply 4012/16/2011

Kill My Landlord--Eddie Murphy

by Anonymousreply 4112/16/2011

When Heather Locklear hosted in the 90s at the height of Melrose Place, she did a skit as a racist Home Shopping Club-type hostess.

"Some people say this is not a good deal. But that's a lie. Like the Holocaust!"

by Anonymousreply 4212/16/2011

Lucy Lawless, "Steve Nicks' Fajita Roundup"

by Anonymousreply 4312/16/2011

When Lorne Michaels offered The Beatles $3000 to appear on the show.

"you divide it up any way you want. If you want to give less to Ringo, that's up to you - I'd rather not get involved."

by Anonymousreply 4412/16/2011

Jewess Jeans.

You don't have to be Jewish...but it wouldn't hurt.

by Anonymousreply 4512/16/2011

The Me-Heh-rill Sisters

by Anonymousreply 4612/16/2011

Too many early ones to list. My most recent gave is BRIDE OF BLACKENSTEIN as portayed by Nicki Minaj with Jesse Eisenberg as Igor.

by Anonymousreply 4712/16/2011

Can you watch the NBC site, R39?

by Anonymousreply 4812/16/2011

Dana Carvey in Massive Headwound Harry.

Brilliant acting by the golden retreiver

by Anonymousreply 4912/16/2011

[39] No but thanks anyway all NBC content is blocked here. France sucks!

by Anonymousreply 5012/16/2011

Jane Curtin as Joan Crawford; Ackroyd as Gable.

Larraine N. as Kate Hepburn.

Gilda as a hybrid between Christina and Colleen, a character she played in other sketches.

by Anonymousreply 5112/16/2011

More Cowbell and Linda Tripp skits are the most memorable.

by Anonymousreply 5212/16/2011

Men's synchronized swimming. Still cracks me up 30+ years later.

by Anonymousreply 5312/16/2011

Sabra Shopping Network was a favorite of mine, as I lived in NYC at the time and those Israeli guys outside of the many (now defunct)electronics stores were such a pain in the ass! "What you looking at? You looking at camera? You like camera? Come inside, I show you cameras, real good ones, best price!"

by Anonymousreply 5412/16/2011

Bass-o-Matic reigns supreme.

by Anonymousreply 5512/16/2011

"The Celine Dion Show"

by Anonymousreply 5612/16/2011

Thanks, R5. I love that.

by Anonymousreply 5712/16/2011

As far as ad parodies go, my favorite is "Oops I Crapped My Pants". I love when the grandma and grandpa pour a gallon of iced tea into the diaper.

by Anonymousreply 5812/16/2011

From the 80's, those two talk show hostesses. Can't remember their names.

I'm sure someone knows what I'm talking about.

by Anonymousreply 5912/16/2011

I loved the McDonalds - Bill Clinton sketch with Phil Hartman. Since I wasn't able to find it, I'm posting my second fave. Hartman as the REAL Ronald Reagan.

He was one of the best:

by Anonymousreply 6012/16/2011

Gilda and Candy Bergin for the society for the extremely stupid.

by Anonymousreply 6112/16/2011

^ Nora Dunn and Jan Hooks as Linda Dano and Nancy Glass?

by Anonymousreply 6212/16/2011

We all can't be brainy like Fern here...

by Anonymousreply 6312/16/2011

"Extremely Stupid":

by Anonymousreply 6412/16/2011

Annuale: hang on to your fucking hat.

by Anonymousreply 6512/16/2011

Lorne Michaels is such a cock about copyrights and giving money to the writers, creators and actors. There's a reason that the evil drug company head in Brain Candy and Doctor Evil are pitch perfect imitations of Lorne Michaels.

by Anonymousreply 6612/16/2011

And then it was Linda Dano and Dee Kelly

by Anonymousreply 6712/16/2011

"The Pat Stevens Show":

by Anonymousreply 6812/16/2011

R20, here's the transcript for "The Big Bitch Bull Dyke Bust Out of '89". I couldn't find clip.

by Anonymousreply 6912/16/2011

I think I say this every time there's an SNL thread but, my god, the show was shit in the mid-90s. This was the era of Norm McDonald Weekend Update, Collin Quin, David Koechner, Chris Kattan's coach that no one could understand, Chris Kattan's Mr. Peepers, Chris Kattan's Mango, Jim Brewer (Goat Boy)...Even some of WIll Ferrel's stuff was bad during this period.

Damn that was a horrible era. I don't know what was different but clearly all of these missteps could probably be laid with one person. All of the humor of that time was all middle age, angry white guy, deadpan humor that no one else found funny.

by Anonymousreply 7012/16/2011

[R69]Thanks!! how sweet :).. Rick Moranis was Jim Bakker?? Had it a little confused in my head.

by Anonymousreply 7112/16/2011

Thanks, R62, yes that's it!

Love them!!

by Anonymousreply 7212/16/2011

OK and then "Coffee Talk" series.

by Anonymousreply 7312/16/2011

Oh man, r49 - I've never seen that before. It's great!

Loving this thread!

by Anonymousreply 7412/16/2011

A send-up in the early years of "Mutiny on the Bounty" and the captain (Belushi doing Brando) and all the shipmates were gay. The Bounty was called The Raging Queen or The Flaming Queen, I can't remember which.

Belushi doing that commentator on Weekend Update who used to get him self to riled up he'd flip off of his chair. The St. Patrick's Day rant was a classic.

Another one from the early years where Garrett Morris and Cicely Tyson sang "Bess, You is My Woman Now" from "Porky and Bess" and of course "Porky" stuttered.

I can't find any of these clips online.

by Anonymousreply 7512/16/2011

The ship was called The Raging Queen, r75. They used to play that sketch all the time at Uncle Charlie's, NYC's quintessential 80's video bar.

by Anonymousreply 7612/16/2011

There was one from the early years. Something along the lines of one of those teeny tiny restaurants popular at the time.

I think it was Dan Ackroyd, Gilda, and Larraine Newman.

There would be screaming and fighting in the kitchen, and then Ackroyd and announce to the diners, "And now our daughter Connie will play for you upon the recorder."

Or something to that effect.

by Anonymousreply 7712/16/2011

Back when Amy Fisher shot Mary Jo Buttafuoco, SNL parodied the fact that all the networks were doing made-for-TV movies on the event.

I remember them doing skits for PBS (The House of Buttafu-o-co), FOX (Tori Spelling as Amy Fisher), and BET (Amy Fisher: One F-ed Up Bitch). I think it was Ellen Cleghorne as Mary Jo, yelling "Bitch, get off mah porch!"

by Anonymousreply 7812/16/2011

The sorority sisters are hilarious, but I can't find the clip.

Delta Delta Delta, can I help ya, help ya, help ya?

by Anonymousreply 7912/16/2011

Brian Fellow is not an accredited zoologist nor does he hold an advanced degree in any of the environmental sciences. He is simply an enthusiastic young man with a sixth grade education and an abiding love for all God's creatures. Share his love tonight on...

Brian Fellow's Safari Planet.

"Our first guest enjoys singing and being in a cage. Please welcome a PARROT!"

by Anonymousreply 8012/16/2011

r78, I remember Jan Hooks as the host of that sketch (Diane Sawyer maybe?) who kept over-pronouncing it "Butta-foo-oco." I still say it that way if it ever comes up.

by Anonymousreply 8112/16/2011

Kyle MacLachlan as K.D. Lang circa 1990

by Anonymousreply 8212/16/2011

"Butta-Fu-OH-co"...that was when they did the Amy Fisher story in several different styles of skits That pronunciation was from the "Masterpiece Theatre" version. And I still do the same exact thing as you, I always pronounce it that way!

by Anonymousreply 8312/16/2011

I should've read R78. Didn't mean to repeat info.

Sorry!

by Anonymousreply 8412/16/2011

R53 I LOVE the men's synchro. There is actually a much longer version of it...delves more into the swimmer's backrounds. I haven't seen it in years and wish I could find it.

by Anonymousreply 8512/16/2011

Thanks, r83. Your memory that it was a Masterpiece Theatre piece was much better than mine. And your pronunciation breakdown is better too. Jan Hooks was hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 8612/16/2011

I was drunk when I saw this, so my memory is imperfect, but: they did a commercial parody for (I think) a fertility drug, and the jingle went something like "...even if they come out... messed up!" It was the greatest fucking thing I'd ever seen, and it frustrates me that I can't remember what the actual premise was.

Aha! Glad I Googled before posting: I found a transcript. It was for Teeny Weenies:

by Anonymousreply 8712/16/2011

Jan Hooks as the elderly Bette Davis.

by Anonymousreply 8812/16/2011

"Raymond!"

by Anonymousreply 8912/16/2011

the Lisa/Fern sketch with Candy Bergen and Gilda Radner was pretty great.

Susan Dey in the Partridge Family/Brady Bunch music face-off sketch was great, too.

by Anonymousreply 9012/16/2011

Delta Delta Delta with Roseanne and Tom Arnold

I almost memorized this entire dialogue in the 90's

by Anonymousreply 9112/16/2011

R82, that reminds me of a sketch in the early 1990s when the Natalie/Nat King Cole duet "Unforgettable" came out. It featured Ellen Cleghorne as Natalie and then among others Judy Garland, Mama Cass (Chris Farley), and Elvis. Every time they'd announce a new album it would be a riff on "Unforgettable." I think one of them was "Unrevivable" but I don't remember which. I think that was Judy's. Another one not available online except in transcript, where they fail to announce (transcribe) the theme for each performance cameo, which was the funniest part of the sketch.

by Anonymousreply 9212/16/2011

John Belushi did a commentary on Weekend Update about March coming in like a lion and out like a lamb, talking about other ways for March to come in and out - ending up ranting and raving about the Irish and their mothers. It was hysterical and I can't find it anywhere.

Also - Anna Gasteyer did a Thanksgiving parody song with someone called "Basted in Blood". Also hysterical and also unable to be found out there in cyberspace.

by Anonymousreply 9312/16/2011

[quote]Anna Gasteyer did a Thanksgiving parody song with someone called "Basted in Blood". Also hysterical and also unable to be found out there in cyberspace.

It was with Sarah McLachlan - here's an upload, it probably won't last long.

by Anonymousreply 9412/16/2011

[quote] John Belushi did a commentary on Weekend Update ... ending up ranting and raving about the Irish and their mothers. It was hysterical and I can't find it anywhere.

You're telling me, R93. That's the St. Paddy's Day rant that I referred to in my post.

by Anonymousreply 9512/16/2011

MOM JEANS

by Anonymousreply 9612/16/2011

Thanks for trying R94 - but it's gone already. Cinder Calhoun - that was it!

I can find the transcript, R75 but I'd do anything to find the clip. Anything but buy the SNL box set, however...

by Anonymousreply 9712/16/2011

I just tested the link and it worked!?

by Anonymousreply 9812/16/2011

I can never find the East Germany Squares sketch with Kathleen Turner. It was a spoof of Hollywood Squares with local East German celebrities literally sneaking out of the show to "defecten to the West." In reruns of the Kathleen Turner show that sketch has been left out.

by Anonymousreply 9912/16/2011

Not working for me either, r98.

[quote]This video contains content from NBC Universal, who has blocked it on copyright grounds.

by Anonymousreply 10012/17/2011

Can you link the transcript, R97? I know I would at least appreciate that much, and I'm pretty sure R93 would, too.

Too bad about no clip being available.

by Anonymousreply 10112/17/2011

R92, I have an old clip of that "Unforgettable" bit, and it was great - Tammy Wynette protests when she's featured on the "Unrevivable" album ("I am not dead, you bitch" to the tune of "Stand By Your Man"). Ellen Cleghorne and Jan Hooks were my favorites in that period, I think - especially Jan Hooks as Jan Brady.

I kinda loved Molly Shannon as Mary Katherine Gallagher doing a high school production of "West Side Story", with Teri Hatcher as Maria - Molly did a great "now I can kill, Chino!" that had me in tears.

by Anonymousreply 10212/17/2011

OMG r99. Berlinen Squares is a sketch I've been trying to capture since the 1990's when I first started recording SNL skits on a VCR and making compilations.

I have many of the ones mentioned here ("Basted In Blood", "Unforgivable" (("TAMMY WYNETTE! I am not dead, that's just how rumors get started...cut it out bitch!!!")), "Attitudes" with Rainbow Head, "The Bradys vs The Partridge Family", "Big Bull Dyke Bustout", "Gay Beer", "Toonces", "Massive Headwound Harry", etc etc), but have never been able to find that one, featuring a very agitated Jan Hooks, bags packed, trying to rush through her answers.The whole thing was done in fake German. I even remember sitting through SNL marathons on E! and Comedy Central to no avail.

I did not know it was part of the Kathleen Turner-hosted episode. But thanks for your explanation that it's not included in the reruns, as it gives some closure to my search. :(

by Anonymousreply 10312/17/2011

Jan Hooks as Tammy Faye Bakker with Dana Carvey as the Church Lady. This was when the big PTL scandal was all over the news in the late 80s and the sketch was hilarious. I would love to see that one again.

by Anonymousreply 10412/17/2011

Wow. Reading these posts made me realize that the overwhelming majority of DL posters are not just old, but OLD!

by Anonymousreply 10512/17/2011

[quote]I think - especially Jan Hooks as Jan Brady.

I don't think Hooks ever played Jan Brady. That was Melanie Hutsell. The SNL producers saw her in a production of "The Real Live Brady Bunch" playing Jan and that's how she got the job on the show. She now plays Paula Deen a lot and was even on Deen's show recently.

by Anonymousreply 10612/17/2011

Chris Farley was a comic gem!

by Anonymousreply 10712/17/2011

You're right, R106 - I think it was Melanie Hutsell who played Jan Brady and Tammy Wynette (in the "Unforgettable" bit). She also made a hilarious Tori Spelling.

by Anonymousreply 10812/17/2011

Is it wrong for me to find Garth Brooks strangely hot as a French Whore?

by Anonymousreply 10912/17/2011

Quarry...the cereal that's mined.

"I SAID... I LIKE IT 'CUZ IT'S CRUNCHY!!!"

by Anonymousreply 11012/17/2011

info on SNL from the late 80's

by Anonymousreply 11112/17/2011

Ha! I forgot about that Jan Hooks/Bette davis skit! it's her will reading and she's making the fast forward noises

by Anonymousreply 11212/17/2011

Hilarious

by Anonymousreply 11312/17/2011

Helen Madden: Licensed Joyologist

by Anonymousreply 11412/17/2011

Here's a clip of "Basted in Blood" -- just the audio, though:

by Anonymousreply 11512/17/2011

Melanie Hutsell's Paula Deen is brilliant.

by Anonymousreply 11612/17/2011

Autumn Fizz, the Carbonated Douche

Belushi at Elizabeth Taylor

Ackroyd as Julia Child

Chico Escuela

Point/Counterpoint on Abortion

Gilda as Christina Crawford

Find the Pope in the Pizza

by Anonymousreply 11712/17/2011

Jim & Tammy Faye Bakker on Church Chat

by Anonymousreply 11812/17/2011

This one nearly flippin killed me when I first saw it!

Dan Aykroyd as Julia Child:

by Anonymousreply 11912/17/2011

The Sally O'Malley character is hilarious. "I'm 50 Years Old!"

by Anonymousreply 12012/17/2011

r117 - Almost all your selections were nightly staples at Uncle Charlie's, NYC

by Anonymousreply 12112/17/2011

R120 - I directed and choreographed a gala benefit musical review last October, 4 days short of my 51st birthday. I did include a song and dance number where I had to do some mighty kicks. I kept thinking about that character.

Bottom line, even if you can still do the kicks, a 50 year old, male or female, has no business doing sexy/leggy/jazzy kicks. Thankfully, I had a very supportive audience because it was for a good cause. So have Chita, Cyd, Ann, Donald, Fred, Liza, Mitzi, Mikhail, etc etc.

Four big exceptions - Shirley, Juliet, Gwen, and Tommy. Those ladies' training and genetics took them beyond what was acceptable.

by Anonymousreply 12212/17/2011

Eddie's Mr. Robinson's Neighborhood.

by Anonymousreply 12312/17/2011

One of the best!

by Anonymousreply 12412/17/2011

We just don't think Horatio and Jimmy had enough laurels to give them the right to be cracking up gratuitously.

by Anonymousreply 12512/17/2011

What do you have against New Jersey?

by Anonymousreply 12612/17/2011

Nothing Dana Carvey ever did was as good as Jan Hooks on Tush. Tammy Jean was and will always be the true Church Lady.

by Anonymousreply 12712/17/2011

Sweeney Sisters at Emmy Awards.

by Anonymousreply 12812/17/2011

Cheri Oteri as the office slut who wants to get gangbanged by her male co-workers.

by Anonymousreply 12912/17/2011

2 church ladies.

by Anonymousreply 13012/17/2011

I found them - The Zimmermans!

by Anonymousreply 13112/17/2011

In a fan down by the river.

by Anonymousreply 13212/17/2011

The Beaver

by Anonymousreply 13312/17/2011

Mama likes it

by Anonymousreply 13412/17/2011

Hot Tub Lovers

by Anonymousreply 13512/17/2011

Noonie and Nnoonnie

I always ROFLMAO with them.

by Anonymousreply 13612/18/2011

From one of the more recent episodes:

by Anonymousreply 13712/18/2011

Actually, R78 Chris Rock played Mary-Jo and Ellen Cleghorne was Amy Fisher. It was so surprising to see Chris Rock in drag that it made it even funnier. My brother and I howled at that one.

by Anonymousreply 13812/18/2011

Staten Island Nurses with DL Darling Gwyneth Paltrow and Cheri Oteri was classic!!! "Thank you, Connie. You're my mother, my angel, and the ass-kicka? You're a keeper!"

by Anonymousreply 13912/18/2011

Another recent one...we all know people who are like this.

"...and I am from Dayton Beach-rduh!"

by Anonymousreply 14012/18/2011

Got so excited I forgot the link!

Jennifer-san: "It is an honor to be here, or as they say in Japan, 'Koragu chuma chikee tura'."

Professor Mark: "No..no, no one says that. None of those are words!"

by Anonymousreply 14112/18/2011

From the early days - A.M.I.S.H. police ala the Mod Squad. They arrive days late to the crime scene because they took their buggy and the crime is solved. Chevy, Jane Curtin and Dan Ackroyd were in this I believe.

And I can't stop watching the Debbie Downer Disney clip. Hilarious. I think everyone knows a DD or has one in their family.

by Anonymousreply 14212/18/2011

R142, Jimmy Fallon mentioned the Debbie Downer skit last night when he hosted the new episode of SNL. He mentioned it along with 2 other skits that I can't remember as bits that he ruined by starting laughing.

It's hard to tell who breaks up first in the Debbie sketch, but it looks like it might be Fallon that starts the laughter.

by Anonymousreply 14312/18/2011

This is it R143:

by Anonymousreply 14412/18/2011

The fake ad for United Way with Peyton Manning.

"I'll kill a snitch. I'm not saying I have, I'm not saying I haven't. you know what I mean. Whatever."

One of the funniest times a celebrity, especially an athlete, played against his image.

by Anonymousreply 14512/18/2011

The Mr. Robinson's Neighborhood sketches were hilarious r123. I wouldn't even begin to know where to find this one but one of the earliest had Eddie Murphy singing the Mr. Rogers theme song as

"I've always wanted to live in a beautiful house

Like you live in.

Maybe someday when you're not at home

I'll break in"

And my friends and I still joke about James Brown's Celebrity Hot Tub every time we're on vacation.

"I'm gettin' in the hot tub...OW"

Too funny.

by Anonymousreply 14612/18/2011

I loved the commercial Tina Fey and Maya Rudolph made for a device called a woomba. Sometimes thinking about Maya running across that field in a flowing nightgown being chased by the woomba makes me laugh.

by Anonymousreply 14712/19/2011

Funny thing about that seeing that Debbie Downer clip is that both Horatio Sanz and Jimmy Fallon were both in it, and they were both on the new SNL this weekend. Jimmy looks almost the same, and Horatio is unrecognizable.

by Anonymousreply 14812/19/2011

Molly Shannon as Elizabeth Taylor picking the winning lottery numbers.

"What? Glaaaaadiator!"

by Anonymousreply 14912/19/2011

Journey to the Disney Vault

by Anonymousreply 15012/28/2011

I think what set of Rachel Dratch in R144's clip, is towards the beginning the trumpet player blew an out of sequence "whah." From there it was all down hill.

by Anonymousreply 15112/28/2011

Little Lohan used to be so cute and showed such potential.

by Anonymousreply 15212/29/2011

Disney School of Acting

"The funeral is Monday!"

by Anonymousreply 15303/03/2012

Sam Waterston for Old Glory Robot Insurance

by Anonymousreply 15403/03/2012

Gemini's Twin MTV Cribs

by Anonymousreply 15503/04/2012

There was skit a few years ago with Rachel Dratch and the guest ( Catherine Zeta Jones maybe?) playing proper Bostonian ladies in the early 1900's. All I remember is dratch saying nonsensical retorts like "Scandlamity", but it was funny as hell.

Anyone know where to find that clip?

by Anonymousreply 15603/04/2012

Chris Farley and French Fries...

by Anonymousreply 15703/04/2012

Does anyone remember Anthony Edwards doing Princess Di?

by Anonymousreply 15803/04/2012

Velvet Jones on "The People's Court".

I think I can clear this up in just three words: "The bitch ugly." I rest my case.

by Anonymousreply 15903/04/2012

LOVEd "Celebrity Jeopardy" especially the ones with Sean Connery !

by Anonymousreply 16003/04/2012

[quote]Does anyone remember Anthony Edwards doing Princess Di?

I remember that, and it was very funny. Edwards really did look like her, believe it or not.

by Anonymousreply 16103/04/2012

Nora Dunn as Pat Stevens

Sally O'Malley (I'm 50!)

John Goodman @ Tripp

Terry Sweeney doing Nancy Reagan

Anything Danitra Vance did

Taco or burrito, what's that in your speedo?

by Anonymousreply 16203/04/2012

Just read EW interview with Tina Fey and she singled out OLD FRENCH WHORES. I'd never seen it

Hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 16309/30/2012

Here's a transcript from "Dog Restaurant" The cast is all dressed up as dogs.

by Anonymousreply 16409/30/2012

R147 - Woomba commercial

by Anonymousreply 16509/30/2012

"Club Doolittle":

by Anonymousreply 16610/05/2012

Another Gemini's Twin-

by Anonymousreply 16710/06/2012

One skit that totally cracked me up was Mike Meyers as Queen Elizabeth II discussing the settlement between Charles and Diana. I can't remember all of it but some of it was:

Charles shall retain the Bentley, Rolls and Jaguar. Diana shall retain the Toyota Tercel...

by Anonymousreply 16810/06/2012

Did they ever do a Celebrity Jeopardy without Sean Connery?

by Anonymousreply 16910/06/2012

I just can't get over how beautiful Garth Brooks is as a woman.

If he has any daughters, I bet they will be fucking gorgeous!

by Anonymousreply 17010/06/2012

Tales of Ribaldry with Jon Lovitz.

by Anonymousreply 17110/06/2012

Mom Jeans - the tragic thing is that you still see women in these awful jeans all the time.

by Anonymousreply 17210/06/2012

Mya

by Anonymousreply 17310/06/2012

Gwyneth is actually really hilarious in that skit R167.

by Anonymousreply 17410/06/2012

Chris Farley's and Patrick Swayze's Chippendale audition.

by Anonymousreply 17510/06/2012

ME TOO!

by Anonymousreply 17601/24/2013

Yahoo has snagged exclusive rights to the entire 38-year clip library of “Saturday Night Live” from Broadway Video, the company announced in a blog post Wednesday.

Those archives will move from their current home on Hulu and NBC.com in September to Yahoo, which made the unexpected deal days ahead of its April 29th NewFront, where it will likely emphasize its growth as an online source for comedy programming.

Securing “SNL” should work well as a complement to Yahoo’s comedy holdings, which include dating-show satire “Burning Love.”

With its skit-based format, “SNL” translates well to digital platforms, which are more conducive to short-form “snacking” in terms of consumption habits. And given the sheer depth of that library, it’s not a small loss for either Hulu or NBC.com though it is only a one-year deal.

However, full-length episodes from the “SNL” archives will remain on Hulu’s subscription arm, Hulu Plus, as well as Netflix.

Financial terms of the deal were not disclosed.

by Anonymousreply 17704/25/2013

MORE COW BELL!

by Anonymousreply 17804/25/2013

The Mr Belvedere (aka "Brocktoon") Fan Club where club president Tom Hanks deals with people who have varying degrees of mental illness manifesting as an obsession with Mr Belvedere.

by Anonymousreply 17904/25/2013
Need more help? Click Here.