Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Alabama Rethuglican gets NZ lezzies preggers

A former top state official in Alabama has been discovered to be leading a secret life in New Zealand as a sperm donor for lesbian couples.

David Fisher of the New Zealand Herald unearthed the story of Bill Johnson, 52, who as recently as 2010, ran in the Republican gubernatorial primary and is the former state director of economic and community affairs.

Johnson has spent most of 2011 in Christchurch, New Zealand, working with the recovery effort following a earthquake that struck the region in February. The paper reported that Johnson has been using an alias to meet with women who were seeking help getting pregnant.

Even though Johnson has been helping lesbian couples become pregnant, one of his main gubernatorial platforms in 2010 was running against gay marriage.

by Anonymousreply 1512/13/2011

Johnson's wife was not aware of his efforts, which have included at least nine recipients, three of whom were or are currently pregnant. Fisher first approached Johnson on Thursday where he was spotted at a restaurant where he had recently finished dining with one of the women he had impregnated.

Johnson told Fisher that he is unable to have children with his wife Kathy and that the becoming a biological father was, "a need that I have."

Johnson said he planned to tell his wife, a former Mrs. Alabama, about his secret life after the children were born. "I've been trying to get my wife over here, my family over here ... so I can be around for these children," Johnson said, according to the Herald.

"This is a really, really difficult time for our family," Kathy Johnson said in an email to the Alabama Press-Register. "I'm still in disbelief and very hurt, and our family has a lot of healing to do."

by Anonymousreply 112/12/2011

If we use terms like "Lizzie's," are we less revolting than he?

by Anonymousreply 212/12/2011

Does the sperm swim counterclockwise?

by Anonymousreply 312/12/2011

""I've been trying to get my wife over here, my family over here ... so I can be around for these children," "

I have to assume that lesbians who get sperm from a foreigner, one who's going home shortly, don't want the bio-father around. I mean, he might turn out to be a psychotic, or worse, a Republican!

He's a worst-case scenario, in so many ways.

by Anonymousreply 412/12/2011

Men like to be of help. It makes them feel good.

by Anonymousreply 512/12/2011

[quote]"I've been trying to get my wife over here, my family over here ... so I can be around for these children."

Can't wait for the "Things that cause tension on Christmas Day" thread.

by Anonymousreply 612/12/2011

Was he getting paid or was his need to be a donor so great that he gave it away for free?

by Anonymousreply 712/12/2011

Seriously? Why would NZ lesbians want the DNA of some redneck, right wing, backwater hick? It's like guaranteeing that your kid is going to grow up with some mental defect.

Geez, I used to have respect for New Zealanders.

by Anonymousreply 812/13/2011

This story confuses me a bit. Why would a Kiwi reporter be interested in the extracuricular activities of an American there to assist in the relief effort? Seems a little out of the blue. What agency was the guy working with? What was his job functon? Did his involvement with the lesbian couples somehow keep him from dispatching his duties?

by Anonymousreply 912/13/2011

What a fucked up dude. Hope his wife leaves him.

by Anonymousreply 1012/13/2011

[quote]If we use terms like "Lizzie's," are we less revolting than he?

Than him.

And using the term "lezzie" is far less revolting than working as a leader to withhold the civil equality of gay and lesbian people. You're welcome.

by Anonymousreply 1112/13/2011

Johnson said he has filed a complaint with police about how the New Zealand Herald obtained the information, but the newspaper says it “did not and would not use information obtained from illegally intercepted communications”.

Fertility experts have raised concerns about the extent of Mr Johnson’s donating. It is recommended that donors help no more than four families to avoid unintentional incest in the future.

by Anonymousreply 1212/13/2011

He's kind of hot in an ex-jock sort of way

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1312/13/2011

R9, of course it's a story specifically due to his political ideology being in direct contrast to what he was doing. It's like a Klansman screaming about race mixin' and handing over his sperm to black women.

This guy's agenda included targeting gay people. You don't see a story in the fact that his public beliefs contradicted his actions?

by Anonymousreply 1412/13/2011

Of course, R17, I see the conflict and the hypocrisy in the man's story. I meant that it seems unusual to me that a NZ newspaper took an interest in someone who had unsuccessfully run in a gubernatorial primary. The guy is hardly a well-known person. Aside froom his run office, he just seems like a Republican apparatchik from Alabama. A nobody, basically.

Doesn't it seem odd that a Christchurch reporter broke this? The story isn't exactly something that the MSM goes after... Or is his paper a gay publication?

by Anonymousreply 1512/13/2011
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Don't you just LOVE clicking on these things on every single site you visit? I know we do! You can thank the EU parliament for making everyone in the world click on these pointless things while changing absolutely nothing. If you are interested you can take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT and we'll set a dreaded cookie to make it go away. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!