Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Hot Recruitment Agent Tells Jobseeker to Fuck Off in Mass Email to 4,000 and Gets Himself Fired

I'd find another way of punishing this stud than firing him.

"A RECRUITMENT executive was looking for fresh work himself last night after he emailed "f*** off" to a job hopeful — and it went out to 4,000 people. Bungling Gary Chaplin was axed from his £200,000-a-year post at a top headhunting firm after his expletive-riddled reply turned him into an industry laughing stock.

In it he let rip at sender Manos Katsampoukas for simultaneously emailing recruitment firms with a polite note and a CV in his search for a finance or marketing job.

The reply — in which Mr Chaplin said he spoke for "all 4,000 people you have emailed" — declared: "Please f*** off — you are too stupid to get a job, even in banking."

He ended it: "Yours hitting the delete button Have a nice day!" The message dropped into the computer inboxes of the SAME 4,000 people Manos had emailed in the first place.

They also read a vicious tirade by Mr Chaplin against one of his rivals — accusing him of fuelling "spam" emails like Manos's.

The sneering reply sparked uproar — and accusations of "mindless unprofessionalism".

Rant ... Gary Chaplin's return message One recipient stormed: "Telling a candidate, however misguided he may be, to f*** off is appalling.

"It displays an unbelievable degree of arrogance."

High-flier Mr Chaplin, in his 40s, ended up being asked to resign after five years at the Manchester office of Stark Brooks, which recruits executives for firms like Heinz, Kellogg's and Bentley.

Last night he confessed: "It was a moment of idiocy."

Speaking at his smart home in Cheshire, he added: "I am now looking for a job just a few days before Christmas.

"If I could turn back the clock I would. I will regret this forever."

He insisted it had never been his intention to demean the writer of the original inquiry.

Mr Chaplin said: "I am mortified by what I did. I meant no offence to this man looking for a job."

But his bizarre rant was not the only blunder in the email.

Mr Chaplin sent the message under a pseudonym — calling himself Richard Vickers. It later turned out that unknown to him a REAL Richard Vickers was working in the same profession, as a recruitment executive.

In the run-up to his resignation, Mr Chaplin, who was traced through his internet service provider, sent an increasingly frantic series of grovelling emails to the 4,000 people who saw his reply.

In one he squirmed: "My sincere apologies to Mr Vickers for any embarrassment and confusion."

The rival he slagged off — London-based Dan McCarthy — said yesterday: "Gary went a bit overboard with what he said about me but I have thick skin.

"I was more concerned with what he said about the jobseeker — as I think this creates a terrible impression of our industry.

"I would like people to know that we are not all like Gary Chaplin."

by Anonymousreply 1301/18/2013

And the Douchebag of the Year Award goes to...

by Anonymousreply 112/12/2011

More of his message:

"If you are not bright enough to learn how to 'bcc' and thus encourage cock-jockey retards to then spam everyone on the list (yes Dan McCarthy from One Search I'm talking about you - you opportunistic thunder— then please fuck off ... you are too stupid to get a job, even in banking.

I get enough retarded spam from idiots - I don't need the Dan 'Fucktard' McCu—hy's of the world thinking they are being smart and original by spamming back to your 4000 best friends.

by Anonymousreply 212/12/2011

Here he is calling everyone stupid and then he goes and does the stupidest thing of all. What a dolt.

by Anonymousreply 312/12/2011

Recruitment/Staffing agencies have some of the biggest assholes I have ever seen. I went to various agencies about a decade ago when I had just gotten out of school, and after less than a year of dealing with that bullshit, I vowed never to go through one again.

by Anonymousreply 412/12/2011

That's true, R4. I think they want you to think like this guy, but to not actually show that you're an asshole.

by Anonymousreply 512/12/2011

I make my living dealing with recruiters, (IT management primarily in banking). I'm a contractor and while I do very well and am thankful for it, recruiters are much like used car salesmen. They're ALL sketchy, skeevy assholes.

Then again, the guy spamming him was a fucking asshole also. You don't continue to spam the people you're seeking work from. Seems like the dumb ass recruiter just snapped and had enough spam emails. I get that, I've been there... But I wouldn't have been stupid enough to CC 4,000 people.

by Anonymousreply 712/12/2011

True dat ^

by Anonymousreply 801/18/2013

Haha, men are so dumb. Cocky and dumb.

by Anonymousreply 901/18/2013

"I'd find another way of punishing this stud than firing him."

What a sad old man you are. Hug your kitty cat for a while, you'll calm down.

by Anonymousreply 1001/18/2013

OP, why the fuck can't you learn to remove all the formatting crap from your post?

The agent is not the only dumbass around here.

by Anonymousreply 1101/18/2013

An idiot and mean - but did you see that crotch shot at the bottom of the article?

by Anonymousreply 1201/18/2013

[quote]The agent is not the only dumbass around here.

Indeed no; the people replying to this thirteen-month-old thread as though the OP was still hanging around waiting to read their opinions are also dumbasses.

by Anonymousreply 1301/18/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!