Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

African-American Dataloungers V

Is Shaunie O'Neal involved with Baseball Wives, the Basketball Wives spinoff?

What do we think of Shaunie, anyway?

by Anonymousreply 60105/25/2012

Does anyone know if Angela Bofill was released from her rehab? Has she recovered from those two bad strokes?

by Anonymousreply 112/10/2011

by Anonymousreply 212/10/2011

Anyone heard anything about Janet Jackson lately?

by Anonymousreply 312/10/2011

Shaunie allegedly met Shaq while she was married to a church official. Shaunie was married and a mother when she began to "date" Shaq.

There were allegations about Shaunie and her personal trainer while she was married to Shaq.

by Anonymousreply 412/10/2011

Anybody have any behind the scenes dish about Soul Train back in the day? I saw an episode earlier today from the early 80's with Patti and probably the first tv appearence of The Time. By this time on Soul Train the tv studio could have caught on fire because all the guys were so flaming!

by Anonymousreply 512/10/2011

I thought all of Shaunie's village of kids were also biologically Shaq's.

I like watching YouTube clips of Soul Train from the 70s. I like the tight, colorful clothes and Afros.

by Anonymousreply 612/11/2011

Who might be leaving the Real Housewives of Atlanta?

by Anonymousreply 712/11/2011

Don Cornelius, I think it was mentioned here before, is allegedly into boys. White ones.

by Anonymousreply 812/11/2011

by Anonymousreply 912/11/2011

I had heard that Shaunie had a child before Shaq, but don't think she was married.

by Anonymousreply 1012/11/2011

What if she did have an affair with her trainer? He was cheating during the whole marriage.

by Anonymousreply 1112/11/2011

They have show? Or are you referring to Tiny & Toya?

by Anonymousreply 1312/11/2011

TI is so damn fine.

I'm surprised he is with that little troll when he could have anyone, even if he was broke.

I guess that says good things about him, though.

by Anonymousreply 1412/11/2011

good things r14? He's a saint!

by Anonymousreply 1512/11/2011

I won't watch another TI reality show. He's full of it and dumb.

by Anonymousreply 1612/11/2011

Shaunie has a stake in everything "wives" on vh1. I read somewhere that she trademarked every possible combination of various "sports" and "wives" just in case. I'm not much for her but she's made some brilliant moves.

BBWives is definitely entertainment, she's branded herself outside of Shaq, and the offshoot possibilities are limited, even maybe eventually taking the concept into scripted television.

Reminds me of the Football Wives scripted pilot abc did that was a takeoff of the British version. It had Gabby Union, Brian White, Holly Robinson and a lot of other people but it got killed because the nfl thought it would show them in a bad light.

by Anonymousreply 1712/11/2011

Tiny & Toya was cancelled, r13.

by Anonymousreply 1812/11/2011

Great article about online dating from this black writer's perspective (he's rethinking the whole thing):

by Anonymousreply 1912/11/2011

I am bored with Love & Hip Hop because it reinforces stereotypes about black people.

by Anonymousreply 2012/12/2011

R18, it was not. T.I. told Tiny she needed to focus on their children the last time he was sent to prison. Toya now does the show solo.

by Anonymousreply 2112/12/2011

Good point, r21.

by Anonymousreply 2212/13/2011

Anthing new on Boris Kudjoe and Nicole Ari Parker?

by Anonymousreply 2312/13/2011

by Anonymousreply 2412/13/2011

In another thread, I think it was famous people you had sex with or famous people who hit on you, somebody mentioned Babyface's brother from After 7. Anybody know anything about him?

by Anonymousreply 2612/14/2011

Gurl BYE!

by Anonymousreply 2712/14/2011

What happened to the Janet v Madonna thread? I was having a lot of fun on that thread!

by Anonymousreply 2812/14/2011

bump. C'mon people!

by Anonymousreply 3012/15/2011

Janet Jackson is the new Nutrisystem spokesperson, honey!

by Anonymousreply 3112/15/2011

Why the FUCK aren't you people talking about me??? Do I need to get my dildo out?

by Anonymousreply 3212/16/2011

What's the word on Rhianna? Did her manager tell her to take some time off?

by Anonymousreply 3312/16/2011

Is Godfrey gay? He's got a great ass!

by Anonymousreply 3412/16/2011

you mean the comedian r34? He's sexy....

by Anonymousreply 3512/16/2011

Is Diggy Simmons doing alright in in the midst of his bit of hip hop fame?

Also, where is Russy? He was soo cute on Run's House.

by Anonymousreply 3612/16/2011

Too many questions, not enough gossip.

by Anonymousreply 3712/16/2011

Evelyn Braxton (the mom) is an obvious alcoholic.

by Anonymousreply 3812/17/2011

Where is the gossip? This site is so lame. Ugh!!!

by Anonymousreply 3912/17/2011

Trina Braxton's dusty husband has been exposed:

by Anonymousreply 4012/17/2011

Toni Braxton needs a reality check. She wants to put out a hit record by herself now when everyone is interested in her sisters. Um, your last solo album was barely a blip on the radar! Toni, you are not Beyonce gurl, so stop acting like it.

by Anonymousreply 4112/17/2011

Tamar is getting her own show.

by Anonymousreply 4212/17/2011

So disappointed in what Toni has become. Can't stand to watch her anymore.

by Anonymousreply 4312/17/2011

R39, I go to YBF and a few other sites for gossip. You get plenty of gossip without all of the racism you get here.

I'm trying to find a black gay forum where I can relax, and not feel like I have to avoid threads about black people. Something like a black gay version of the DL. Does it exist? If it does I wonder if it should even be posted here.

by Anonymousreply 4412/17/2011

You could always start one on zetaboards. Lchat is there, Datalounge Refugees is there.

Lchat is for the LADIES but heavily moderated.

Datalounge Refugees is for everyone, I'm sure they'd welcome you but maybe starting your board there would be cool, a gay black gossip board?

by Anonymousreply 4512/17/2011

Is everyone proud of the Pig today?

by Anonymousreply 4612/17/2011

[quote]So disappointed in what Toni has become. Can't stand to watch her anymore.

I dont think Toni knows how badly she comes off on the show. If I was Tamar I would probably not speak to Toni, but apparently they were a lot closer at one time.

r42 Sandra Rose said Vince and Tamar arent doing the show now because Vince is still in a fragile state health wise. He's lost 50 pounds and is still in and out of the hospital.

by Anonymousreply 4712/17/2011

[quote]I dont think Toni knows how badly she comes off on the show. If I was Tamar I would probably not speak to Toni, but apparently they were a lot closer at one time.

How does the show explain Toni's alleged bankruptcy?

by Anonymousreply 4812/17/2011

How does Toni afford that house?

by Anonymousreply 4912/17/2011

by Anonymousreply 5012/18/2011

Tyler Perry has a new movie. And to those engagement rumors I say, "gurrl please".

by Anonymousreply 5112/18/2011

Timbaland was in love with Aaliyah and had manboobs:

by Anonymousreply 5212/18/2011

Good Idea, R45.

This marine who asked Mrs. Obama to attend the marine corps ball with him is such a cutie!

by Anonymousreply 5312/18/2011

Who wore it best, Rihanna,Keri Hilson or Kourtney Kardashian?

by Anonymousreply 5412/18/2011

Etta James is terminally ill with chronic leukemia.

by Anonymousreply 5512/19/2011

I was watching the Shalamar episode of Unsung last night. Swiss cheese. So many holes in that story. The biggest question: who was the father of Jody Watley's first child?

by Anonymousreply 5612/19/2011

R56, for years I had heard it was this guy named Antoine something or other. I think he was supposed to be a record producer.

by Anonymousreply 5712/19/2011

For some reason, Howard Hewitt always pinged for me. Don't know why.

by Anonymousreply 5812/19/2011

Howard Hewett was an interesting guy. I wonder why he divorced Nia Peeples?

by Anonymousreply 5912/19/2011

Kobe Bryant Busted by Basketball Wives

A secret underground society of trained spies is responsible for feeding intel to Vanessa Bryant that eventually led to her filing for divorce from hubby Kobe Bryant -- not the CIA or FBI ... but the basketball wives of the NBA.

Our sources says Kobe's teammates were blabbing to their women about the superstar's exploits ... and those women in turn gave Vanessa the heads up. We're told talk of Kobe's exploits lately increased in frequency.

According to our sources, the players often swear their wives to secrecy before dishing on their fellow ballers ... but that secrecy is rarely kept. We're told the women all share information about other guys around the league ... in part to ensure word will get back to them if their man ever steps out.

As TMZ first reported, Vanessa filed divorce papers on Friday, after Vanessa learned of what she says is an act of infidelity that became the proverbial straw that broke the camel's back.

by Anonymousreply 6012/19/2011

Keenen Ivory Wayans will give NFL players Hollywood boot camp.

by Anonymousreply 6112/20/2011

r57: You might be refering to Andre Cymone. He produced herfirst couple of solo albums and had her other children with him. They had a Janet Jackson "oh yeah we were married, now we're divorced" type of thing. The father of her first daughter was rumoured to be either Dick Griffey, Leon Sylvers or......Howard Hewitt?

by Anonymousreply 6212/20/2011

Magazine Editor Resigns After Calling Rihanna A N-Word “B***h”

by Anonymousreply 6312/21/2011

by Anonymousreply 6412/22/2011

Jim Sensenbrenner, Wisconsin Congressman, Says Michelle Obama Has A 'Large Posterior'

n today's edition of Outrageous And Unfounded Insults, Rep. Jim Sensenbrenner (R-WI) has decided to question Michelle Obama's body shape.

MediaBistro reports that Sensenbrenner was overheard talking on the phone, retelling an incident in which he said about Michelle Obama:

"She lectures us on eating right while she has a large posterior herself."

The most bothersome issue here is the conflation of two entirely separate matters: the First Lady's (natural) physique and her campaign for healthy eating and physical fitness.

Michelle has traveled the country for her "Let's Move!" campaign for over a year, talking about healthy eating, promoting a more user-friendly pyramid graphic, getting stores like Walmart to stock their shelves with nutritious items and playing sports with kids.

Although she has been called out for indulging in the occasional hamburger and fries, Michelle Obama has practiced what she preaches: she stays fit (those arms are still toned after all these years) and maintains an enviably healthy body, both inside and out.

Yet some conservative critics don't see it that way. Before Representative Sensenbrenner spoke out, Rush Limbaugh was on the case, disparaging Michelle Obama's body as a way to critique her healthy eating campaign. The radio host said in February:

"The problem is, and dare I say this, it doesn't look like Michelle Obama follows her own nutritionary, dietary advice...I'm trying to say that our First Lady does not project the image of women that you might see on the cover of the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue or of a woman Alex Rodriguez might date every six months or what have you."

With comments like these, Limbaugh and Sensenbrenner not only blatantly insult the first lady. They also invoke the specious notion that skinny equals healthy, that women with shapely curves can't possibly lead active, mindful lifestyles.

In fact, Michelle Obama and her fabulous physique are an ideal example for women -- and men -- of what an active, balanced, healthy lifestyle looks like. Posterior and all.

Read more about Rep. Sensenbrenner's comments at

UPDATE: Rep. Sensenbrenner's spokesperson has responded to the Daily Mail's report on the subject, saying:

"Mr. Sensenbrenner was referring to the First Lady’s healthy food initiative. He doesn’t think the government should be telling Americans what to eat. While he may not agree with all of her initiatives, he plans to contact the First Lady’s office to apologize for his comments."

by Anonymousreply 6512/22/2011

by Anonymousreply 6612/23/2011

The Shalamar episode really turned me off to Unsung. I was so disappointed by the lack of depth and insight into the group.

by Anonymousreply 6712/23/2011

One of the things I've noticed about Unsung, is that when the subject(s) are still alive, they tend to sugarcoat/cover-up a lot of the negative info. I think it's easier to get them to appear.

by Anonymousreply 6812/23/2011

I agree r67 and 68. The Shalamar episode you could tell there was definitely something more nobody is telling. But there were other episodes that were very informative, epecially on groups people didn't know much about like Rose Royce, Heatwave and The Sylvers. I expect Bobby Womack and Millie Jackson not to hold back on anything.

by Anonymousreply 6912/24/2011

Roland Martin

by Anonymousreply 7012/24/2011

How is Lisa Nicole Carson? Is she really bipolar or schizophrenic? She was so lovely...

by Anonymousreply 7112/24/2011

It's going to be interesting seeing the Millie Jackson episode on Unsung in January.

by Anonymousreply 7212/24/2011

Unsung can be a hit or miss at times. But I liked the Billy Preston one. I had no idea Billy Preston was gay until I watched the Unsung episode about him.

by Anonymousreply 7312/24/2011

Was he out R73? I remember a story about him and in some sex/drug scandal.

by Anonymousreply 7412/24/2011

R71- I read sometime last year that Lisa is actually doing better and trying to get back into Hollywood. There were updated pics of her she looks like she ok.

by Anonymousreply 7512/24/2011

Sophina Brown from Shark and NUMB3RS should do more stuff. I know she does plays and musicals sometimes. It would be nice to see more of her.

by Anonymousreply 7612/25/2011

R74, he was out to everyone that worked with him and his family, but not out publicly. Many of his friends that were interviewed said you would never have known he was a gay man because he was very masculine and didn't act like a gay stereotype. One musician who worked with him that's straight said he had to question his own masculinity at times because Billy could be more manly than all the straight guys working with him.

The Unsung episode about Deniece Williams was good too. Deniece is up there with the likes of Minnie Riperton, but she doesn't get a lot of credit on how she influenced so many singers who came after her.

by Anonymousreply 7712/25/2011

My favorite Unsung episode was the one about Phyllis Hyman. It was pretty sad. I wish she was still here. She could sing her heart out.

by Anonymousreply 7812/25/2011

I saw that one too. She was so beautiful and talented. But she was fighting many personal demons. Pretty sad.

by Anonymousreply 7912/25/2011

TV One should do an Unsung on Stanley Jordan as well. He was very popular in the 1980's as a jazz guitarist.

by Anonymousreply 8012/25/2011

Merry Christmas from Rahsaan

by Anonymousreply 8112/25/2011

Bill Cosby's "Merry Christmas, Mama" on here.

by Anonymousreply 8212/25/2011

I wonder how TVone is gonna handle the Freddie Jackson Unsung. In the press release they did say he had to handle the media rumours of his sexuality which leads one to believe he's gonna say he's straight, which will be a WTF moment.

by Anonymousreply 8312/26/2011

What about Cynda Williams? We haven't heard much from her lately.

by Anonymousreply 8412/27/2011

Freddie Jackson - I knew he was gay before I knew that I was gay.

by Anonymousreply 8512/27/2011

Terrence Howard Says Wife Called Him "Monkey N-Word."

by Anonymousreply 8612/27/2011

[quote]My favorite Unsung episode was the one about Phyllis Hyman. It was pretty sad.

Gurl, I could have used a therapist after watching that episode of Unsung. More depressing than a Scary J Blige song.

by Anonymousreply 8712/27/2011

John Legend is engaged:

We're just thrilled to hear that singer John Legend has popped the question to his longtime girlfriend Christine Teigen.

People confirmed the news via Legend's agent Cindi Berger:

"John Legend and his girlfriend, model Chrissy Teigen, got engaged over the holidays while vacationing in the Maldives."

The Grammy Award winning singer, who turns 33 years old tomorrow, has been dating the 26-year-old Thai and Norwegian beauty since 2007. The adorable couple aren't shy about their affection for one another--always appearing hand-in-hand on the red carpet and around town. Too cute!

The twosome will move their celebrating from the islands to Las Vegas this weekend. Legend is set to perform at the Pearl at the Palms on New Year's Eve.

We can't wait to see what Teigen's wedding dress will look like. Here's a look at the stunning Victoria's Secret model and her handsome hubby-to-be throughout the years. Congrats!

by Anonymousreply 8812/27/2011

Don't do it John! Don't do it!

by Anonymousreply 8912/27/2011

I don't get the fascination with him or his music. I think his voice is mediocre.

by Anonymousreply 9012/27/2011

Is Freddie Jackson OK? Does he have any health problems?

by Anonymousreply 9112/27/2011

Didnt John Legend get his foot in the door by working with Lauryn Hill? Hes only 33 he must have been very young if he did stuff on Miseducation in the 90s. That must have gone to his head.

If he wasn't so uppity and didn't wear tight pants that show off his big booty all the time I wouldn't think he was gay at all.

by Anonymousreply 9212/27/2011

LOL, R85.

by Anonymousreply 9312/27/2011

by Anonymousreply 9412/27/2011

How is John Legend uppity?

by Anonymousreply 9512/27/2011

Anyone watch Reed Between The Lines? That Malcom Jamal Warner has a big ole, phat ass! He's so handsome too.

Gay? Married?

by Anonymousreply 9612/27/2011

Any info on Sharif Atkins? I love him on White Collar even though it's a small role.

by Anonymousreply 9712/27/2011

Most likely, R94. It was a pretty obscure casting choice on Perry's behalf, so I'm guessing got the business from Mustafa.

by Anonymousreply 9812/27/2011

Does anyone know or have any info on Mathew St Patrick? He played 'Keith Charles' on Six Feet Under.

by Anonymousreply 9912/27/2011

Nicole Ari Parker

by Anonymousreply 10012/28/2011

r96, Malcolm Jamal Warner just married Regina King not too long ago.

by Anonymousreply 10112/28/2011

Lenny Kravitz opens up about his father walking out on him.

by Anonymousreply 10212/28/2011

Tamara Tunie has two movies coming up. They are mostly supporting roles in the two movies. "Missed Connections," and "Flight."

by Anonymousreply 10312/28/2011

Im a little upset that Don Lemon's partner is a white guy.

by Anonymousreply 10412/28/2011

Bill Bellamy is filming a comedy film called "Sleeping Around."

by Anonymousreply 10512/28/2011

Will someone in Black Hollywood produce another Oscar-caliber film? Or at least something with decent directing, acting, screenwriting. And something that doesn't have Tyler Perry's name or Beyonce's name on it?

by Anonymousreply 10612/28/2011

Why is this thread only for Americans?

by Anonymousreply 10712/28/2011

What happened between Marla Gibbs and Jackee on 227?

by Anonymousreply 10812/28/2011

To #108 -

Jackee spoke about it on UNSUNG. Very common story of the lead being overshadowed by a secondary character. From IMDb:

[on her departure from "227" (1985), who also said of her on- and off-screen relationship with comedienne, actress and singer, Marla Gibbs, who played Mary Jenkins]: When Sandra took off and I took off with her, the truth is it did indeed create a lot of tension. There were problems on Marla's part, which was truly ridiculous because she had all the power. It was her show. Maybe the problem stemmed from the fact that from the beginning Marla wanted someone else for the part, but the network insisted on me. They were all pushing Sandra, and they were pushing me. That changed when I got big, maybe too big, in Marla's eyes. Not that Marla and I ever had any arguments. She was never rude to me, and we always remained cordial. But on the biggest night of my life, when I won my Emmy, not only wasn't there a party given for me, but there was also not a flower or a word of congratulations. Ever. There was nothing, and that hurt. Afterward, my part got less and less each week, and it became clear to me that it was time to leave and I did.

[When she wanted to know if she was feuding with series' star Marla Gibbs, who played Mary Jenkins]: That was true at the time, she and I sensed we have the greatest friends. We've come full circle, and by that I mean, I talked about it honestly and woman-to-woman, and she didn't have to but she said, 'People putting things to her heads and telling her things that, she was believing in them,' and she said, 'She finally come to me, to talk to me, and we got it all straight.' We are the best buds, me, her and Alaina Reed [who recently passed away] and the fabulous Regina King.

by Anonymousreply 10912/28/2011

Just wanted to post the new Jennifer Hudson WEIGHT WATCHERS commercial. She performs a duet with her 'former' self (scroll down for video):

by Anonymousreply 11012/28/2011

Has anyone seen THE HELP? I love Viola Davis but the previews were nauseating and I couldn't bring myself to pay for it. I don't want her to win an Oscar for playing a maid.

by Anonymousreply 11112/28/2011

Once again, why are maids the most shameful thing black people can be?

by Anonymousreply 11212/29/2011

Reed Between The Lines ended boring. But my God Malcolm Jamal Warner looks good, that body!

by Anonymousreply 11312/29/2011

Lenny Kravtiz is so fine :)

by Anonymousreply 11412/29/2011

Mc Hammer Vs. Uncle Sam!

by Anonymousreply 11512/29/2011

To #111:

I enjoyed THE HELP, but I'm a HUGE fan of Viola Davis. The subject of the film focuses on how poorly these women were treated (while pretty much raising the children of their employers). I had read the book, so I was prepared to see worse. If you look at it from the aspect of good acting all around (Bryce Dallas Howard, Ron's daughter, plays a horrid woman and gives an amazing performance and Octavia Spencer will definitely get a Supporting Oscar nomination as Viola's best friend Minny) you'll enjoy it, I assure you.

by Anonymousreply 11612/29/2011

Zoe Saldana and Bradley Cooper seem to be dating:

by Anonymousreply 11712/29/2011

I think Saldana can do much better than Cooper. I just don't get all this excitement about Bradley Cooper. In some photos he appears somewhat decent, but other times he looks unkempt.

by Anonymousreply 11812/29/2011

R112, it's not the most shameful but it just seems like a reinforcement of a Hollywood stereotype that should have died 30 or 40 years ago. In 2011 the best role for one of the most talented actresses out there is still a maid.

Thanks R116 for your thoughtful response.

by Anonymousreply 11912/29/2011

To #118:

I didn't get the appeal until I saw LIMITLESS. Excellent film and he gives an excellent performance.

by Anonymousreply 12012/29/2011

I have Limitless saved in my queue on Netflix and been meaning to watch it. I'll probably check it out tonight as I do like the whole concept of the movie. Thanks, Mia.

by Anonymousreply 12112/29/2011

r119: what stereotype? Its a historical drama. Do I have to tell you again that maids were the backbone of the Civil Rights movement? They were the ones participating in the Montegomery bus boycott. Maids were the ones who brought information about what was going on with their white employers and told leaders like MLK. Black maids were the ones who got the more sypathetic white employers (especially Jewish ones) to help with voter registration and Civil Rights issues. And finally it was black maids who helped put children and grandchildren through school so we can be middle class and look down our noses at them.

by Anonymousreply 12212/29/2011

Ruben Santiago-Hudson recently appeared in an episode of "Person of Interest" after he left Castle.

Tamala Jones just finished a movie called "Things Never Said" coming out next year. She is still on Castle.

by Anonymousreply 12312/29/2011

R118, I don't see what others see in Cooper either. He looks like a foul-smelling rodent.

by Anonymousreply 12412/29/2011

Anybody a fan of Anthony Hamilton? How's his new CD?

by Anonymousreply 12512/30/2011

TV One's Unsung should do one on Linda Clifford.

by Anonymousreply 12612/30/2011

Preston was arrested for propositioning a minor. This was in England so the kid had to have been really young. Of course, this could've happened before they equalized the age of consent, but I still seem to remember the guy was young. I have no idea how this turned out for him, but I wonder if he gave state's evidence on other celebrity pedos since IIRC, all that Pete Townsend, et. al. stuff happened afterward. (Or maybe not).

by Anonymousreply 12712/30/2011

In case you missed VH1 Soul Divas:

by Anonymousreply 12812/30/2011

Rocky Carroll must be lucky to have a job on NCIS. He's been on there for several years now.

by Anonymousreply 12912/30/2011

I used to have the biggest crush on Rocky. When he was on 'Roc'.

by Anonymousreply 13012/30/2011

Anybody catch the Braxtons last night?

I wish Tamar and Traci would decide on a wig style and keep it. There have been more wig tragedies on this show than I can count.

Its interesting that Traci still feels like her sisters have left her for dead after having her son a long ass time ago. I think most of their family drama stems from their parents, especially Mother Evelyn. They are typical preacher's kids, with the exception of Toni, who thinks she is God's gift to the universe.

by Anonymousreply 13112/30/2011

Kathleen Bradley is writing her memoir. She was one of the Barker's Beauties from The Price Is Right for ten years. She was also Mrs. Parker from Friday.

by Anonymousreply 13201/01/2012

The cast members from Love & Hip Hop reality show on VH-1.

by Anonymousreply 13301/01/2012

Yay or nay

by Anonymousreply 13401/02/2012

Terrence Howard seems to be recovering from his humiliatingly public divorce just fine, thank you very much:

by Anonymousreply 13501/03/2012

He's cute, R134. Who is he?

by Anonymousreply 13601/03/2012

Another r136. Does he look ghey? Nice smile

by Anonymousreply 13701/03/2012

Yes, he looks gay in that pic, R137. Very cute!

by Anonymousreply 13801/03/2012

Nick Cannon is sick

by Anonymousreply 13901/04/2012

Have anyone seen this?

"Sh*t White Girls Say To Black Girls':

by Anonymousreply 14001/04/2012

Uh-oh...this may get ugly.

Apparetly, Jada has lawyered up:

by Anonymousreply 14101/04/2012

Thanks Mia at R140, that was so funny and so true.

by Anonymousreply 14201/04/2012

I thought so, too, #142.

Sadly, I've heard just about all of them at one time or another.

by Anonymousreply 14301/04/2012

So have I.

by Anonymousreply 14401/04/2012

WEHT all those fierce black actors from the Wire.. What an excellent show... It created the format for so many current cable shows. It wasn't gruesome or overly violent but yet still gritty and real. It was the acting that made that show.

by Anonymousreply 14501/04/2012

Well, Snoop's in jail.

by Anonymousreply 14601/04/2012

I've definitely gotten 'Can I touch it','Is it real' ( I have long dreadlocks). I've also gotten 'I don't really think of you as black' as well as 'You don't look like the typical black guy.' Oddly enough, I've had other black people say the last line too. The 'typical' black guy? Really?

I've also gotten some very nice compliments from white people.So all of them aren't insensitive. It's just the sheltered ones I guess.

by Anonymousreply 14701/04/2012

How the hell did Nick Canon get kidney failure?

by Anonymousreply 14801/04/2012

That's interesting , R146. I remember watching some documentary about the music label Death Row Records in which Suge Knight (sp?) insinuated that Snoop was a police informant. He said this because Snoop, up until that point had never done time for his criminal activity. So it's interesting to hear that he is now in jail.

by Anonymousreply 14901/04/2012

"I've also gotten some very nice compliments from white people.So all of them aren't insensitive. It's just the sheltered ones I guess."

I'm in total agreement.

by Anonymousreply 15001/04/2012

What the hell happened to Nick Cannon? Kidney failure?!

by Anonymousreply 15101/04/2012

r149, r146 is referring to a character on 'The Wire' named Snoop

by Anonymousreply 15201/04/2012

Oh, LOL thanks, R152.

by Anonymousreply 15301/04/2012

Mia, gurl I can't wait until Will and Jada's divorce is in the headlines! There must be some scandalous stuff going on in the Smith household for Jada to finally be getting her ducks in line.

by Anonymousreply 15401/04/2012

One more r138. I would love to top him! These yt queens here dont think he is that cute

by Anonymousreply 15501/04/2012

[quote]I've definitely gotten 'Can I touch it','Is it real' ( I have long dreadlocks). I've also gotten 'I don't really think of you as black' as well as 'You don't look like the typical black guy.' Oddly enough, I've had other black people say the last line too. The 'typical' black guy? Really?

I've also gotten some very nice compliments from white people.So all of them aren't insensitive. It's just the sheltered ones I guess.

Sheltered is a kinder word I guess. My favorite "meeting white people who had limited contact with black people" was having dinner with a white friend of mine in the Navy and his family. His parents were the nicest people, from Oregon, and in the middle of dinner, the father said to me, "Wow, you speak so well, are you a biracial?". Well, he did pay for dinner LOL. I was only 21 and kind of naive myself to the ways of white folk, so I didn't know what to say. My shipmate rolled his eyes and said, "Dad, he's black, stop being a jerk!". The mom apologized, and the dinner went on without a hitch. Nice Italian restaurant in San Diego.

by Anonymousreply 15601/05/2012

Will fucked a dude so hard that he ended up being hospitalized. The bottom demanded 500k for it. No doubt this was a contributing factor in Jada's decision. She is probably abandoning ship so she can look like the hero going out. I know she likes the snatch!

by Anonymousreply 15701/05/2012

oh dear....

by Anonymousreply 15801/05/2012

What kind of men does Will like?

by Anonymousreply 15901/05/2012

I'd hit it too, R155. A lot of the queens here like bulky, thick guys. I'm more into lean guys so he's my type for sure.

by Anonymousreply 16001/06/2012

I don't like, never liked, "The Game" There I said it.....

by Anonymousreply 16101/06/2012

I don't care for the "The Game," either, R161, but Pooch Hall is so delicious to gaze at I can make an exception and ignore the mediocre plots.

by Anonymousreply 16201/06/2012

Entertainment Weekly's OSCAR RACE cover - Viola made the cover alongside George Clooney and she looks beautiful.

What a fantastic year she's having. A Tony Award last year and an Oscar front-runner this year.

by Anonymousreply 16301/06/2012

by Anonymousreply 16401/06/2012

Keenen Ivory Wayans will give NFL players Hollywood boot camp.

[see offsite link on]

Keenen looks baaaad. Like he's sick or something. Anyone know anything?

by Anonymousreply 16501/07/2012

Zoe Saldana has a long-time white live in boyfriend. She is not dating Bradley Cooper.

In fact...I think Bradley is gay and these "dates" are bearding for him.

by Anonymousreply 16601/07/2012

Carrying this over from the Vh1 divas show thread, apparently Raphael Saadiq is hooking up with Rocsi from 106 and Park. I think she has been with every black celebrity with a dick!

by Anonymousreply 16701/07/2012

Zoe Saldana dumped the Fiancé and is now bearing for Bradley Cooper. I hear she's bi as well, so this is gonna work out for the both of them.

Who the fuck actually believes these fake ass relationships?

by Anonymousreply 16801/07/2012

I wish some of you would stop fighting in the "What is the psychology behind people who constantly correct others about the president only being 'half' African American?" thread.

by Anonymousreply 16901/07/2012

This Means War!!! Jennifer Williams And Evelyn Lozada Scrap It Up At Shaunie’s Bday Party

by Anonymousreply 17001/07/2012

Amber Rose: Kim Kardashian’s A Homewrecker!

by Anonymousreply 17101/07/2012

How come you bitches never mentioned the nude pic of Hosea Sanchez that was leaked? And he said he doesn't know if the groupie who took the pic of him was male or female...

by Anonymousreply 17201/07/2012

Not sure r172, blatino dick sighting should have set off all the alarms! Damn, he has some big titties too.

by Anonymousreply 17301/07/2012

Yes, R173, always liked him from the Game, wish he'd fuck me with that big dick

by Anonymousreply 17401/07/2012

Beyonce had a baby girl.

by Anonymousreply 17501/08/2012

more old school gossip please. Who was secretly gay and on the DL back in the day?

by Anonymousreply 17601/09/2012

I'm staying in this thread for now on......

by Anonymousreply 17701/09/2012

Beyonce's entire pregnancy has been a PR nightmare. If the Destiny's Child drama made her depressed, than she is probably going to go through profound postpartum depression (If she did indeed push a baby from her cootchie)

Unfortunately, she deals with everything by working herself into the ground. So expect more bad albums and fame whoring!

by Anonymousreply 17801/09/2012

When did Raphael Saddiq break up with Joss Stone?

The Rocsi/Raphael pairing is the strangest thing ever.

by Anonymousreply 17901/09/2012

"In fact...I think Bradley is gay and these "dates" are bearding for him."

Gee, ya think?

So is Raphael Saddiq; I don't even know why he bothers. And I the Game is poorly acted, poorly written, and dull except for Wendy Raquel Robinson.

by Anonymousreply 18001/10/2012

Unfortunately, she deals with everything by working herself into the ground. So expect more bad albums and fame whoring!

Beyounce is afamewhore worst than the whole Kardashian family put together.

After the destiny Child breakout I couldn't stand her shes just so patetic and desperate.

I guess thats what happens when your only talent is ripping off Dianna Ross, Donna Summers,and all the countless other geniunely talented artist.

Beyounce was born lucky shes only she should be playing banquet halls.

Shes mediocre but looks, ass, and a pimp like daddy will get you places.

by Anonymousreply 18101/10/2012

Michael Beach is filming Sparkle and Broken City.

by Anonymousreply 18201/10/2012

God, I've always tought Michael Beach is so hot. Even playing a major dick in 'Waiting To Exhale'. Anyone know his story ?

by Anonymousreply 18301/10/2012

Eriq La Salle is working on two tv series. Blackout and A Gifted Man.

Coby Bell is still in The Game and Burn Notice.

Vivica A. Fox is working on three films.

by Anonymousreply 18401/11/2012

Lonette McKee is working on a film called Deauville.

by Anonymousreply 18501/13/2012

r160, here's Halle Berry with my man. Unhand him, you crazy bish!

by Anonymousreply 18601/13/2012

Shirley Jones from the Jones Girls is still singing but in England doing jazz clubs.

by Anonymousreply 18701/13/2012

Toni Braxton was in the hospital this week.

Tamar probably caused her lupus to flare up lol. I really think Tamar is misunderstood. Her family needs to listen to her more.

by Anonymousreply 18801/13/2012

I can't really get into the Braxton's show. It all seems for fake and forced.

by Anonymousreply 18901/13/2012

The Beyonce hate is actually funny. No matter how much you hate her, the girl has worked for everything she has from a very young age.

by Anonymousreply 19001/13/2012

I like the Braxtons show. Tamar is the smartest.

by Anonymousreply 19101/13/2012

Am I the only one that didn't know that comedienne Sommore and Nia Long are half sisters?

by Anonymousreply 19201/13/2012

Meagan Good is filming "Think Like A Man" and "Resident Evil: Retribution."

by Anonymousreply 19301/14/2012

Tamar is looking for any inkling that Toni might be jealous and she got it! Toni told her she was dealing with a "heavyweight". Toni please, the only thing you are heavy with is bankruptcy.

Evelyn is like every sanctimonious black mother that ever lived!

by Anonymousreply 19401/14/2012

R192, I never heard that. I just learned The Brat and Lisa Ray are sisters.

by Anonymousreply 19501/14/2012

Tavis Smiley and Dr. Cornel West were on MSNBC bashing the president again.

by Anonymousreply 19601/14/2012

I can't stand Tavis. He is a whiny bitch.

by Anonymousreply 19701/14/2012

Love and Hip Hop anyone?

R196-Again? They need to stop that.

by Anonymousreply 19801/14/2012

Love and Hip Hop is too crazy for me. Those women are awful.

by Anonymousreply 19901/14/2012

TV One's Unsung needs to do one on the group from the 1980's called Dynasty. That would be a great one. They had songs like "Groove Control," "I've Just Begun To Love You," "Here I Am," "Love In The Fast Lane," and "Something To Remember."

by Anonymousreply 20001/15/2012

Hell has officially frozen over: Queen Latifah was on the Wendy Show today. And she talked about finding a woman to have children with.

by Anonymousreply 20101/18/2012

Taye Diggs has a book out. He says Tyson Beckford made him feel pretty.

by Anonymousreply 20201/21/2012

Terrence Howard and Cuba Gooding Jr. are in the new movie called "Red Tails."

by Anonymousreply 20301/21/2012

R180 you are so right. The Game is painfully mediocre and they need to get rid of that laugh track, but Wendy Raquel and the Tasha Mack character are gold and really the only reason to watch. Brandy wasn't half bad either.

by Anonymousreply 20401/21/2012

by Anonymousreply 20501/21/2012

Anybody still watching the Braxtons? It is now clear that Tamar has some mental issues going on! I think its great that they show a black family seeking therapy for their issues though.

by Anonymousreply 20601/21/2012

Does anybody here post at LipstickAlley? It seems like all the people on there have been there for a long time.

I need somewhere else to post since there are only two and a half black people left here.

by Anonymousreply 20701/21/2012

What mental issues does Tamar have? She has the most sense.

by Anonymousreply 20801/21/2012

r208 she has inferiority issues when she is working with her sisters. Tamar doesnt like Toni because Towanda is now closer to her. So she purposely sabotages everything they try to do just to piss Toni off.

I do think Tamar has good sense, she is just cant show it without being loud, demanding, and hood like. I wouldn't like Toni either. Everyone in the family thinks her approval is necessary for everything. That would get annoying.

by Anonymousreply 20901/21/2012

Toni is jealous of Tamar.

by Anonymousreply 21001/21/2012

They look like drugs made them unsung r200

by Anonymousreply 21101/21/2012

Tamar who can't seem to get along with anyone has the most sense? If you mean she knows how to cater to her audience and give them the loud, ghetto, black woman schtick that so many love to see, then I would agree with you. She knows how to give the audience what they want, which is a living breathing stereotype. But that ain't sense. That's a Stepin Fetchit famewhore. A person with good sense would have some iota of dignity.

by Anonymousreply 21201/21/2012

Toni admitted that Tamar has the best voice out of all of them including herself. How is that jealousy? Tamar is loud and obnoxious.

by Anonymousreply 21301/21/2012

Tamar is also a disaster to look at. What a tragedy.

by Anonymousreply 21401/21/2012

r214, I dont think Toni is jealous of Tamar either. But Toni still thinks everyone is supposed to kiss her ass. That's why Tamar acts like that. That's also why Traci went ballistic on her in the previews for next week when she told her to lose weight. Who died and made her queen?

And you'll notice their mom Evelyn talks to all her daughters in that condescending tone except Toni.

by Anonymousreply 21501/21/2012

well 215, Toni pays the bills for mama Evelyn's bikini waxes...

by Anonymousreply 21601/21/2012

Tamar is obnoxious but she was the only one smart enough not to marry a broke, lazy, trifling man. I call that sense. Toni doesn't pay Evelyn's bills. Tamar does. Toni is broke.

by Anonymousreply 21701/21/2012

so why does Evelyn threaten to slap the PISS out of Tamar and says nothing to Toni? Hrrrmmmmm?

by Anonymousreply 21801/21/2012

Mother Braxton is trifling. She's used to kissing Toni's behind.

by Anonymousreply 21901/21/2012

R217, I call that gold-digging. Using a man because of his money and because he might be able to help you put out a record that doesn't bomb again, aren't positive qualities.

by Anonymousreply 22001/21/2012

What do you call Towanda's idiocy? Married to a 50 year old who refuses to work. It's the height of stupidity.

by Anonymousreply 22101/21/2012

I call that a complicated relationship. And on his end, baby boy syndrome. But at least she's not a user and a gold-digger. And she's not cooning on TV for a come up the way Tamar is.

Tamar should stop the cooning and be herself. Like someone else said people love to see black people act like that (Flavor of Love was a big hit). Before all the skin bleaching, plastic surgery and gold-digging she seemed like a likable person.

Tamar 1999

by Anonymousreply 22201/21/2012

Even Tamar's husband gets fed up with her. She is too much but when she gets called out for being extra she acts like everyone is ganging up on her. She does not get it. She's obviously hiding some insecurity.

by Anonymousreply 22301/21/2012

Complicated relationship? Whatever. Who wants a 50 year old deadbeat?

by Anonymousreply 22401/22/2012

What did you all think of the Unsung on Atlantic Starr? Some might think on the surface it was boring but was a good document on what happened to a lot of large funk bands that transitioned from the 70's to the 80's.

by Anonymousreply 22501/22/2012

The Atlantic Starr lead singer seemed gay. He's a married preacher now.

by Anonymousreply 22601/22/2012

All three of the brothers in that group seemed gay. That was probably a subtext they weren't gonna get into.

by Anonymousreply 22701/22/2012

Good point, r227.

by Anonymousreply 22801/22/2012

I can't wait to see the episode of Unsung about Millie Jackson. That will be a great one.

by Anonymousreply 22901/22/2012

All three brothers did seem gay. What will they say about Freddie Jackson in his Unsung?

by Anonymousreply 23001/22/2012

r230: Since he's very much alive, its what will Freddie say about himself. And if its anything other than "yes I'm a big old queen, so what" the show is not getting saved!

by Anonymousreply 23101/22/2012

by Anonymousreply 23201/22/2012

Anyone care to share info on which gay celebrities are in interracial relationships?

I know Wandy Sykes'wife is French but I had no idea that the late Dick Sargent's(Darren#2 from Bewitched)partner is black!

Also Sam Champion's partner(husband?)is also black,as is the guy Sam dated previously.

Any others?

by Anonymousreply 23301/22/2012

There has been talk on here that John Amos likes White twinks. Does that count?

by Anonymousreply 23401/22/2012

Mario Cantone from Sex in the City's partner of umpteen years is black.

Don Lemon's boyfriend is white.

by Anonymousreply 23501/22/2012

Marcus Collins,runnerup in this year's British X Factor,and his boyfriend:

by Anonymousreply 23601/22/2012

Another British X Factor finalist,Craig Colton,and his boyfriend Danyl Johnson.

(Yes,I know the use of the word 'celebrity'is tenious for these people,but they are in the public eye)

by Anonymousreply 23701/22/2012

Does Marlon McKenzie from British X Factor have a boyfriend yet?

by Anonymousreply 23801/22/2012

R232--I thought Marlon was straight. Here's his long time babymama:

by Anonymousreply 23901/22/2012

r239 he got with her when he was VERY young, and they arent together anymore. And all the footage I have seen of him leads me to believe that he was only heterosexual during the conception of his two kids lol

by Anonymousreply 24001/22/2012

really? he got involved with that Cleopatra girl? What happened with that group; I thought they were getting big in the US after the success of the Spice Girls British invasion, and then... poof - nada. I guess she got preggers huh

by Anonymousreply 24101/22/2012

I would get pregnant by him too! How Marlon's singing voice, I haven't heard it in awhile.

Cleo should have worked her connections in the biz more to get Marlon some kind of deal. He is pretty so people really wouldn't focus on his talent that much. He does seem gay gay gay

by Anonymousreply 24201/22/2012

TRUE BLOOD's Denis O'Hare and his husband Hugo Redwood:

by Anonymousreply 24301/22/2012

by Anonymousreply 24401/23/2012

Surely you UK negroes have more tea to spill on Marlon.

by Anonymousreply 24501/23/2012

Rihanna & Chris Brown’s Girlfriend Karrueche Almost Fight?

by Anonymousreply 24601/24/2012

Anybody see the Unsung on Freddie Jackson last night? He chickened out.

by Anonymousreply 24701/24/2012

I wish TV One would hire Bev Smith. I miss seeing her on the tube. This is a lady who handled herself with class when she had Our Voices on BET many moons ago.

by Anonymousreply 24801/26/2012

r248: They would say she's too old. Not the right demographic.

by Anonymousreply 24901/26/2012

Good point, r249.

by Anonymousreply 25001/26/2012

More Marlon Mckenzie gossip.

by Anonymousreply 25101/26/2012

I dig the Tonight Show band leader Ricky Minor. What do we know about him?

by Anonymousreply 25201/26/2012

Ice-T on the state of rap.

by Anonymousreply 25301/28/2012

[quote][R180] you are so right. The Game is painfully mediocre and they need to get rid of that laugh track, but Wendy Raquel and the Tasha Mack character are gold and really the only reason to watch. Brandy wasn't half bad either.

I dont watch The Game either, but it is now the #1 show for black TV viewers.

by Anonymousreply 25401/28/2012

I saw Freddy and was really disappointed he did not come out. He didn't say he's straight, but his answer seemed so strange. He's still a talented singer, and very pleasant, but he looks really bad so thin. Does he have "the flu"?

by Anonymousreply 25501/28/2012

Can someone start a thread on this?

by Anonymousreply 25601/28/2012

Part two

by Anonymousreply 25701/28/2012

Whatever happened to Sherry Carter from Video LP and Video Soul?

by Anonymousreply 25801/28/2012

LOL@ Richard Pryor outing Paul Mooney at R256! Only Richard could get away with doing that without Mooney throwing a hissy fit.

by Anonymousreply 25901/28/2012

But 259 I wonder if there's any truth to Richard "admitting" he had fucked a "faggot" before...

by Anonymousreply 26001/28/2012

Did Bow Wow Sleep With Kim Kardashian?

by Anonymousreply 26101/28/2012

Bow Wow should except his fate as a power bottom for Chris Brown when he is in between girlfriends.

by Anonymousreply 26201/28/2012

After this week's Braxton therapy session, it is clear that Toni is the center of all the family drama. She also has delusions of grandeur and needs to realize her rockstar days are over.

by Anonymousreply 26301/28/2012

TV One should do an Unsung episode on Carrie Lucas. She was an R&B singer on the Solar label who was married to Dick Griffey. Carrie Lucas retired from the music business in the mid 1980's to raise a family and raise horses.

by Anonymousreply 26401/29/2012

[quote]Bow Wow should except his fate....

by Anonymousreply 26501/29/2012

What's the latest on Trey Songz? I hope Trey doesn't think we forgot about he and Will Smith spending time alone together in Miami, and his publicist saying he could not comment on the nature of their relationship. He also has that twinkle in his eyes!

by Anonymousreply 26601/29/2012

by Anonymousreply 26701/29/2012

Toni is definitely a diva and doesn't realize that her career is over.

by Anonymousreply 26801/29/2012

At their peak, who was more attractive Denzel Washington or Billy Dee Williams? And who was the bigger sex symbol in the black community?

by Anonymousreply 26901/29/2012

I'd say Billy Dee. Denzel was a reluctant sex symbol but Billy relished it so it was more enjoyable for the audience.

by Anonymousreply 27001/29/2012

I never understood Billy Dee's appeal.

by Anonymousreply 27101/29/2012

What is going on behind the scenes at the TV One network? Who hates who?

Cathy Hughes?

Roland Martin?

Johnathan Rodgers?

by Anonymousreply 27201/30/2012

Hello! Anybody home?

by Anonymousreply 27301/30/2012

Well r272: I hate Roland Martin. And what happened to G. Garvin?

by Anonymousreply 27401/30/2012

I don't think G.Garvin doesn't have a show on TV One no more, r274.

by Anonymousreply 27501/31/2012

Thats stupid. He was great. Hopefully The Food channel or The Cooking channel will snatch him up

by Anonymousreply 27601/31/2012

Ice-T has a lot of nerve commenting on the "state of rap music" like some kind of elder statesman--he's one of the worst rappers in the history of mankind (as well as acknowkedging he can't act his way out of a paper bag), and has admitted has much.

Does Billy Dee have a conk? I find that a turn-off.

by Anonymousreply 27701/31/2012

Cathy Hughes used to do one hour specials when she interviewed people like Dick Gregory, Spike Lee, Tavis Smiley, and the list goes on and on.

by Anonymousreply 27801/31/2012

[quote] never understood Billy Dee's appeal.

I never understood Denzel's appeal. Dude looks like he's been munching on feet.

by Anonymousreply 27901/31/2012

Don Cornelius' Dead Of Apparent Suicide: LAPD

by Anonymousreply 28002/01/2012

OMG! Now that came out of nowhere.

by Anonymousreply 28102/01/2012

by Anonymousreply 28202/02/2012

Anyone a fan of Dance Hall Queen Shisha?

by Anonymousreply 28302/02/2012

One more.

by Anonymousreply 28402/02/2012

R&B Singer David Peaston died yesterday:

I remember him well from [italic]Showtime at the Apollo[/italic]. His version of [italic]God Bless The Child[/italic] was supernatrual. So talented. He had a serious weight problem and lost his legs to diabetes, poor guy.

by Anonymousreply 28502/03/2012

What yo grandpa don't want you to know...

by Anonymousreply 28602/04/2012

How do they know all the men are couples in the photos?

by Anonymousreply 28702/04/2012

Do you bitches remember this? Lets settle this once and for all: Who won - The Crackhead or the Cunt?

by Anonymousreply 28802/04/2012

In her prime Whitney Houston had the better voice (even in that video where she clearly isn't in her prime, she trounces Mariah). I'm sure Mariah would admit Whitney's voice during her prime could not be fucked with. Whitney is a better live performer. Whitney's more confident on stage than Mariah. I can't watch Mariah perform live nowadays because she is too nervous and self-conscious of herself to really give it to you live. Whitney grew up in the church where she perfected her craft at live performing; whereas Mariah was taught by her opera singing mother and got her gospel training solely through listening to albums.

Having said that: I like Mariah's music more. I think out the two I can listen to Mariah's before Whitney's because Mariah experimented with different genres, whereas Whitney kept it strictly Pop/R&B (with a little watered down Gospel thrown in occasionally). Whitney has always been more of a singles-artist with the other songs being fillers; with Mariah all the songs on her albums could be singles (particularly if we're talking about her albums in the 90s). Mariah's more the artist than Whitney.

But if we're asking who ultimately won the battle between the two: Mariah. Mariah's voice, while diminished a bit due to age, still can sing in her full range. She's happy in life with a stable husband and kids. Whitney has all but destroyed her glorious voice and close to facing bankruptcy. Whitney hasn't made a good album since My Love is Your Love and her live performances are just painful to watch now.

by Anonymousreply 28902/05/2012

That is so true, r289.

by Anonymousreply 29002/05/2012

Was watching Soul Train marathon all weekend. Was anybody a dancer or have any behind the scenes stories? It seems the late 70's early 80's episodes were very gay.

by Anonymousreply 29102/06/2012

And for you Caucasian American Dataloungers, be sure to catch Meg Hilty tonight on SMASH!

or, to put it differently.... what the fuck OP??

by Anonymousreply 29202/06/2012

What about the 1970's and 1980's funk group Cameo?

by Anonymousreply 29302/07/2012

Where my Yardies at!!! Which one of yall aunty is she?

by Anonymousreply 29402/07/2012

lmao r294

by Anonymousreply 29502/07/2012

What did anyone thought of Millie Jackson's Unsung episode? I loved it. Anyone else?

by Anonymousreply 29602/09/2012

weht angela basset?

Has Viola Davis taken her palce?

What about Vivica Fox?? She was the ish back in the day. Is she even alive???

Why is Tina Turner all the way up in Switzerland?? Does she have family in the US?

by Anonymousreply 29702/09/2012

Vivica Fox ruined her career by choosing substandard films and getting bad PS.

by Anonymousreply 29802/09/2012

Angela Bassett is not interested in playing a maid or a role that presents a black female in a negative light.

by Anonymousreply 29902/09/2012

Thank you, r299.

by Anonymousreply 30002/10/2012

here we go again, a maid is the worst thing a black woman can be? Are we that snobbish now?

by Anonymousreply 30102/10/2012

by Anonymousreply 30202/11/2012

I get Vivica and Tamar mixed up. They must have the same plastic surgeon.

r297 I thought Tina's boyfriend is German. Didnt Diana Ross live in Europe too when she married her last husband? I would certainly buy some houses in Europe if had a rich man over there!

by Anonymousreply 30302/11/2012

RazB update:

Still trying to prove he is straight

by Anonymousreply 30402/11/2012

Judge: Chris Brown To Remain On Probation

by Anonymousreply 30502/11/2012

Chris should stay on probation for at least a year or two. I still dont think he's a mentally sound person.

Rihanna is going to end up just like Whitney Houston (less talented though) if she stays anything more than friends with him. They have been alone together at the Staples Center this week getting ready for the Grammys tomorrow.

by Anonymousreply 30602/11/2012

I love Stephanie Mills. I never get tired of listening to her old stuff.

I know that she's been touring with a new album released - is it any good?

by Anonymousreply 30702/11/2012

R306, What happened to Whitney really had nothing to do with a man. It was her drug use.

by Anonymousreply 30802/11/2012

R301, no it isn't. But I think she is tired of that still being a role that is sat aside for black actresses. Even though Halle won an Oscar for Monsters Ball many straight black men I know state they would never support her in another film. They were really turned off by her portraying a black woman that let a white man treat her that way.

by Anonymousreply 30902/11/2012

r308, even if Whitney's drug use caused her demise, Bobby was not helping that situation. I can do bad all by myself?

by Anonymousreply 31002/11/2012

Anybody watch Gayle King on the Early Show? She was flirting with Dwayne Johnson this week.

by Anonymousreply 31102/11/2012

Damn, Damn, Damn!

by Anonymousreply 31202/11/2012

r306/r310 here. I posted those comments right before Whitney's died. That Rihanna better get her life right!

by Anonymousreply 31302/14/2012

R310, Bobby did not pursue Whitney, she pursued him. Perhaps she chose him because she knew he would not challenge her drug use.

Prior to her relationship with Bobby she attempted relationships with Randall Cunningham (then quarterback for the Philadelphia Eagles) and Eddie Murphy. I think quite frankly neither wanted to deal with her drug use and wild ways.

by Anonymousreply 31402/14/2012

Anyone else still depressed about Whitney?

by Anonymousreply 31502/16/2012

I am. Ive been down all week. I havent listened to my favorite song of hers yet. I cant believe she is really gone. No more snippy interviews or comebacks. No more sweaty performances. No Waiting to Exhale II.

I have addicts in my family so I understand how much she was fighting. At least she went out in a grand way, with a party downstairs.

by Anonymousreply 31602/16/2012

I have come to the conclusion that there really were 2 Whitney's - the one who was first presented in the early 80's, by Clive Davis, the ' How Will I know' / 'I Just Wanna Dance With Somebody' adorable girl, and the tough rebellious , dirty Whitney, that came later. I do believe the latter was the real Whitney - because of where she came from, and how she behaved. It was probably all manufactured, but I prefer to remember the beautiful 'Saving All My Love For You' girl, as it takes me back to a pure, simple time. Its kind of like the MJ dillmema - how do you reconcile the sweet,amazing little boy, fronting the Jacksons, to the last days of an MJ, being pumped full of Propophal, by his own request - and the beautiful, young, unbelievably talented Whitney, in those first videos, and the drunk, voice gone, Whitney, looking a mess, on that last night out. The pictures in my mind, of the differences, make me feel so sad, for both of them.

by Anonymousreply 31702/16/2012

Several people have said she looked disheveled at that last party because the club she was in was packed out. There were some outstanding R&B acts there that night, the videos are on YT. They brought the house down. Whitney was just having a good time.

Here she is a couple of months ago. She seemed really comfortable in her skin. I totally believe was just overdoing it for a woman with her history and age. She took the wrong prescriptions together and her body couldn't take it. Its frustrating that her death will likely forever be associated with her use of illegal drugs in the past, and not the real circumstances that caused it.

by Anonymousreply 31802/16/2012

Hell yes, R315. I've tried to listen to my favorite Whitney song, "You Give Good Love", but each time I've tried I got choked up. And it's even worse when I try to watch one of her videos. Yes, Mary I know.

by Anonymousreply 31902/16/2012

It's going to take me a while before I can listen to Whitney and celebrate the good about her life. I'm just too damned heartbroken.

I miss you, Whitney. Thanks for the good times.

by Anonymousreply 32002/16/2012

Same here. Just like with MJ, it will likely be a long while before I can listen to any of Whitney's songs again. (For me this kind of reaction isn't just limited to music; it was a long time after Bea Arthur and Rue McClanahan both died that I could bring myself to watch "Golden Girls" reruns again.)

by Anonymousreply 32102/16/2012

thanks everybody for coming in here and giving Whitney the props she deserves. Unlike the disrespect in some threads on this board and elsewhere.

by Anonymousreply 32202/16/2012

Yeah it's terrible how people only focus on the mistakes she made and forget what an amazing woman Whitney Houston was. I miss her so much and I'm so sad for Bobbi Chris.

And she did have emotion in her songs.

by Anonymousreply 32302/17/2012

Her voice was inimitable, even by her in her last days... and fuck those snobish queens who said she really wasn't a singer but a vocalist, that singing actually has real emotion behind and that she was just showing off. If her songs didn't have emotion behind why was she so adored and beloved by the entire world?

by Anonymousreply 32402/17/2012

Thank you R324!

by Anonymousreply 32502/17/2012

Its getting real ugly on other threads here and I'm sick of fighting.

by Anonymousreply 32602/17/2012

I see what you mean, R226. I remember reading in one of these threads ( there are so many) about Whitney,a poster said that most of the people on this site think that black people can't do anything. After reading through these threads about Whitney I think that poster was correct. They say she had a disgusting voice and was a screecher. But I bet they wouldn't say that about Adam Lambert who is the biggest screecher of all. I guess we suck and everything and white people are better than us in everything. They are better soul singers than us, better blues singers than us, and better R&B singers than us. White supremacy is alive and well and clearly gay men are not immune.

by Anonymousreply 32702/17/2012

I guess we have to watch what we say here. Because it will be copied and pasted in another thread. Entitled people have no boundaries. How dare we ask them to respect boundaries.

by Anonymousreply 32802/17/2012

Ignore R328. It was a simple misunderstanding.

by Anonymousreply 32902/17/2012

R327, don't forget they're also better actors than we are. Blacks never actually deserve Oscars or Emmys or Tonys. Anytime we win, it's due entirely to white guilt, not because we delivered a great performance on the level of our far more talented white counterparts.

In fact, according to white gays, the only thing blacks do better than anyone is stand in the way of (white) gays getting all of their rights. If it weren't for blacks, (white) gay men would be free to marry each other all across America. Straight whites have never, ever stood in the way of this personal liberty, only the blacks.

by Anonymousreply 33002/17/2012

Nick Cannon is not doing well :(

by Anonymousreply 33102/17/2012

I don't know how I forgot that R330. We are terrible actors too. Next we'll be awful in the 100 meter dash in track and field. I came across a thread just yesterday in which the OP flat out stated that blacks are the enemy and Virginians need to fight us back. It was clear that the OP didn't even bother to read the article. Another poster told me that in Virginia blacks are 'massively' against gay marriage.

I looked for the pre-election poll to see if that was the case. Well, what I found was that blacks opposed gay marriage around 53 percent while 41 percent approved with 6 percent undecided. So that's massively opposed? There was also a poll done in California which showed that the majority of blacks approved of gay marriage. You should have seen how these white queens flipped out. They ranted and ranted about blacks. And another one said that they don't need our support. I'm like if you don't need it you don't have it.

I would also like to know where did the 70 percent go? I haven't seen it in any other polls so what happened to it? Don't blacks vote 70 percent against gay rights? In reality the 70 percent never existed. Blacks have always been split about gay marriage. But these white queens don't want to hear that because it takes away their excuse to hate us.

by Anonymousreply 33202/17/2012

Re negative stuff about Whitney elsewhere on the site. Because she was such a huge, worldwide superstar, people forget she was human and loved her friends and family.

This short clip, in that packed club from that last night out, of her meeting El Debarge (another talented singer who's had his own strugles with addiction) whom she hadn't seen in nearly 20 years was a very touching moment. The emotion and tears are clearly genuine as they don't know they're being filmed.

by Anonymousreply 33302/18/2012

What did yall think of Nippy's home going extravaganza?

Alicia Keys needs not to sing that song live ever again. I would have preferred a lovely gospel tribute by Kelly Price or Newark's own Faith Evans. I was also disappointed that no one threw themselves at the casket or fell out in in grief or the holy spirit. But otherwise it was quite moving.

r333, I bet Eldra DeBarge never thought he would outlive Whitney Houston. I bet James thinks that too. And Bunny. And Chico. And all of them DeBarges.

by Anonymousreply 33402/19/2012

by Anonymousreply 33502/19/2012

RE 1 - I loved Angela Bofill, and just found out about her strokes. Terrible. I send my prayers to her. In the late 70's , my 2 favorite singers were Angela, and Phyllis Hyman. Angela's 'Tonight I Give In' was amazing, and still play Phyllis' 'You Know How To Love Me' all the time. Sadly, like Whitney, Phyllis is gone, and Angela is ailing. Sad - all beautiful, wonderfully talented ladies.

by Anonymousreply 33602/20/2012

Whats going on with Donnie McClurkin? He looking kind of frail these days.

by Anonymousreply 33702/20/2012

From what I hear, being on the DL is taking it's toll on him. Come out Donnie - it'll be hard, but at least you'll be more comfortable.

by Anonymousreply 33802/21/2012

I expected better from the choir. I was looking for some really good gospel going home to meet my God kind of music. Instead it was repeating the same verse over and over and over again. I don't mean any disrespect. Just my opinion.

by Anonymousreply 33902/21/2012

KELIS is the sexiest, most gorgeous woman in music. Too bad DLers never seem to discuss her.

by Anonymousreply 34002/21/2012

Is Keri Hilson gay? She sets off my lesbar no end!

by Anonymousreply 34102/21/2012

R318... my sentiments exactly. She was cleaned up, but her body could probably not take 10 "aspirins" if she took them all at once, much less the scripts in her room. Her doctor should be handled for giving her all the different scrips simultaneously.

She had a naturally bubbly and audacious personality...some people mistook that for being under the influence of drugs.

I wonder if Whitney did not grow up in Newark NJ, but instead grew up in a "less gritty area" would she have been exposed to drugs?

Did Robyn introduce her to drugs?

by Anonymousreply 34202/21/2012

[quote]RE 1 - I loved Angela Bofill, and just found out about her strokes. Terrible. I send my prayers to her. In the late 70's , my 2 favorite singers were Angela, and Phyllis Hyman. Angela's 'Tonight I Give In' was amazing, and still play Phyllis' 'You Know How To Love Me' all the time. Sadly, like Whitney, Phyllis is gone, and Angela is ailing. Sad - all beautiful, wonderfully talented ladies.

So true, r336. All the great voices are gone. I adored both Angela and Phyllis. And WTF is Anita Baker doing? She has all but disappeared. Her most recent album was not so great, though.

by Anonymousreply 34302/21/2012

"How Will I Know" with Whitney's voice and no music...STUNNING

by Anonymousreply 34402/21/2012

Just read the list of winners for this year's NAACP Image Awards. "House of Payne" best comedy series? Really?? LL Cool J over Andre Braugher for lead actor in a drama series? Seriously??

I realize there isn't much out there to choose from as far as projects starring people of color in leading roles, but when you're reduced to rewarding shows of such highly questionable quality (that's the most diplomatic phrasing I could come up with) as the so-called "best," then maybe it's time to hang it up. Otherwise, all you end up doing is cheapening the award and chipping away at any respectability it has left (if it had any to begin with).

I'm sure if it'd lasted only a few more episodes, they would've nominated the redo of "Charlie's Angels" for best drama series.

by Anonymousreply 34502/21/2012

Am I the only one who think BeBe Winans is gay? What's his story?

by Anonymousreply 34602/22/2012

I thought it was very moving, R334. There is a soloist in that choir that sounds very similar to (but not quite there) Whitney. For a second I thought they were playing one of Whitney's recordings. Whoever she was she was great. I thought Tyler Perry was great even though he let a little bit of Madea slip in there. CeCe and R Kelly were both great. But I'll tell you, when the pallbearers were carrying the casket out of the church while IWALY was playing, I got really choked up, I mean REALLY choked up. Seeing the casket being carried out of the church meant that it was real, it meant that she really is gone forever.

by Anonymousreply 34702/22/2012

r346 & 347: As great and touching as that memorial was, I guess I wasn't the only one that noticed it was a huge Down Low, black Queen extravaganza. From the choir in the backround, the funeral staff in the gold and white, to the aftermentioned speakers and singers. All taking place in Newark NJ, the DL capital of America. Even R-Jay queened out touching the casket. All fitting for Whitney, who would have loved it all, cause she loved the children.

by Anonymousreply 34802/22/2012

Isn't Atlanta the DL capital of America?

by Anonymousreply 34902/22/2012

r349: I would say Atlanta is the black gay capital of America. Big difference.

by Anonymousreply 35002/22/2012

I'm sure there's plenty of DL guys in Atlanta but ATL still has a large black gay presence, Pride events, etc. Newark has no gay organizations, no events that are publicized that aren't just about sex. But if you go to websites like Adam4Adam and type in Newark, millions of profiles pop up, half of them without face pics. And Newark has one of the largest amount of AIDS/HIV cases in the country. To me thats the very definition of Down Low.......

by Anonymousreply 35102/22/2012

This is unbelievable. This deserves it's own thread. Can one of you make it please? Here's the link:

by Anonymousreply 35202/22/2012

RE 346,347,348 - Was thinking exactly the same thing. Bebe has always pinged for me, as well as Tyler, of course- and Bebe's brother, the pastor who led the service (with the red sash), did the same, as well as the singer before Bebe. They all screamed down low. What is it ? I still love Bebe's voice - but now i'm wondering about them all.

by Anonymousreply 35302/22/2012

by Anonymousreply 35402/23/2012

Who else noticed during Whitney's funeral that during Tyler Perry's eulogy, the main pastor (in the red sash) wasn't having ANY of it?

It was clear that he was not feeling Tyler's performance.

by Anonymousreply 35502/23/2012

or even Pat Houston's r355.

Is there bad blood between Pat and WH family?

by Anonymousreply 35602/23/2012

I just want to coe on here and say Thank You Whitney for allthe good memories.

WH was like the soundtrack to my teenage life. I rememebr goign over to y friends house to watch WH videos because my mom wouldn't all us to watch tv.

I don't know how long it's going to take me to overcoe her death, I still can't believe she's gone. No other celeb death has affected me this much

by Anonymousreply 35702/23/2012

[quote]Am I the only one who think BeBe Winans is gay? What's his story?

You know I dont think Bebe is gay, but Marvin (Bishop in the red sash) seems like he might have some gay history. I wonder why Vickie Winans divorced him after 16 years.

by Anonymousreply 35902/23/2012

Hopefully it goes without saying that before you respond to R358, please trolldar same, know that that is his first post in this thread, and recognize that it is just some troll trying to stir up a race flame war.

by Anonymousreply 36002/23/2012

[quote]I expected better from the choir. I was looking for some really good gospel going home to meet my God kind of music.

Me too. They should have had the Clark Sisters do a homegoing rendition of Hallejulah to wake up the congregation after the second hour.

by Anonymousreply 36102/23/2012

[quote]And now do you see the thread of these stupid white queens saying how Judy Garland was larger than Whitney?

What thread is this, r358?

by Anonymousreply 36202/23/2012

Chris Brown really has some screws loose doesnt he. If he goes to jail I hope is prepared to get passed around

by Anonymousreply 36302/23/2012

Not this shit again... I thought Mandela had taken care of these racist fucks

by Anonymousreply 36402/23/2012

r360 you're a jack-/jenny-ass

by Anonymousreply 36502/23/2012

How old is Whitney in this video? Wouldn't she be around 18 or 19? I was born the year this took place so I never saw this Grammy performance. It was her first Grammy performance, right? God, I love it so much. She's so beautiful and incredibly confident standing up there in a room full of seasoned artists. She knew she had the goods and she delivered. I love seeing her so happy and full of joy. Just beautiful.

by Anonymousreply 36602/23/2012

she was 23 or 24 there

by Anonymousreply 36702/23/2012

I was a baby when this originally aired as well, so I've never seen it. Thanks for posting.

by Anonymousreply 36802/23/2012

I was in high school when that aired. Thanks R366, for making me feel old.

by Anonymousreply 36902/23/2012

Thanks R367. Someone told me that she was 18 when she made her first album in 1985. So I wasn't sure. I suppose I could have just counted back from 48, but I forgot that she was 48 when she passed. You're welcome R368. LOL sorry R369.

by Anonymousreply 37002/23/2012

by Anonymousreply 37102/24/2012

I dislike modern gospel music, but love the newer gospel artists who make old style traditional gospel music e.g, Hezekiah Walker's "Grateful".

Are there other great traditional gospel songs out there by newer gospel artists? Thanks

by Anonymousreply 37202/24/2012

I don't like modern gospel music either. I find it to be incredibly boring. If I'm going to listen to gospel music I want to hear the real thing. And for me that is traditional gospel music.

by Anonymousreply 37302/24/2012

Speaking of Hezekiah Walker, whats his story? I heard he got caught up in some downlow drama too.

by Anonymousreply 37402/24/2012

Agree or disagree: Most thugs and prisoners are into downlow sex.

Also, do they always try to hide it or deny it when they get out?

by Anonymousreply 37502/24/2012

I think the Winans each all have had some sort of interesting story in their lives.

by Anonymousreply 37602/25/2012

[quote]I think the Winans each all have had some sort of interesting story in their lives.

Id like to know the story behind this commercial

by Anonymousreply 37702/25/2012

WEHT Mario Winans? And the gay hating sisters Angie and Debbie?

by Anonymousreply 37802/25/2012

[quote] I realize there isn't much out there to choose from as far as projects starring people of color in leading roles, but when you're reduced to rewarding shows of such highly questionable quality (that's the most diplomatic phrasing I could come up with) as the so-called "best," then maybe it's time to hang it up.

I'm doing a degree in media studies and just read a book that touched on this w/reality shows. As horrifyingly bad as some of the representations of people of color (and frankly of ANYONE) in reality TV, there's part of the audience who still says "Hey, at least that looks like me."

by Anonymousreply 37902/25/2012

I wonder which of the dataloungers filed this suit stating that Obama can't run in Alaska because he is a Mulatto.

Can someone start a thread on this?

by Anonymousreply 38002/25/2012

OK, I thought Marvin always pinged but didn't think a woman like Vickie would've stood for it. Now I found out that she has divorced him? Wow.

I remember Donnie McClurkin saying, on an interview bout his life on BET, that during a hard time in his life when he was struggling with his sexuality (as if he isn't struggling now, come out you faggot) he was a member of Marvin and Vickie's church. He said that he even stayed in their house for a while. Then he and Marvin and Vickie were interviewed and no particular reason was given why, but Marvin in particular stated that he felt it was time for Donnie to just go. Do you guys think something happened and Vickie got concerned about those two (Marvin and Donnie, of course)?

by Anonymousreply 38102/25/2012

Whaaat r381???? This is new information!!!!

Here is Vickie at Marvin's church, they seem to still be friendly even though they are divorced

by Anonymousreply 38202/25/2012

Marvin's eulogy made zero sense.

by Anonymousreply 38302/25/2012

383..Marvin's eulogy sucked!!! Thought I was the only one who thought he disgraced himself and Whitney. However, he sang fantastically.

by Anonymousreply 38402/25/2012

Who else wants to fuck the living shit out of T.I.? I just want to see my dick in between his amazing lips.

by Anonymousreply 38502/26/2012

I've searched for postings about the funeral home owner Carolyn Whigham, who funeralized Whitney. and there are none.

What's her deal?

by Anonymousreply 38602/26/2012

BeBe Winans PINGS. Sorry. Had to say it.

by Anonymousreply 38702/26/2012

You're not the only one who hated Marvin's eulogy. Others commented on how awful he was. He was a bad selection. Yes, BeBe screams gay!

by Anonymousreply 38802/26/2012

Anyone know of any message boards or forums for black gay men.

by Anonymousreply 38902/26/2012

I think Fantasia should have given the eulogy!

by Anonymousreply 39002/26/2012

r385 he looked really good on one of the latest episodes of TIP & Tiny. He was wearing a black sweatsuit, very very sexy! And he seems like a sweet guy

by Anonymousreply 39102/26/2012

TI is annoying. I can't watch their show.

by Anonymousreply 39202/26/2012

LOL, they were probably trying to start shit:

by Anonymousreply 39302/26/2012

They always are, R393.

by Anonymousreply 39402/26/2012

These two threads are unbelievable. I can't forgive this bitch. Not like I'm surprised though, seen it a million times:

by Anonymousreply 39502/26/2012

And here is the second thread I was talking about:

by Anonymousreply 39602/26/2012

I'm not even interested in discussing it. What is the point?

Let's stay positive on this thread please.

by Anonymousreply 39702/27/2012

When will Basketball Wives go off the air?

by Anonymousreply 39802/27/2012

Don't forget this thread either about San Francisco and asians:

by Anonymousreply 39902/27/2012

We had something similar happen in Philly between blacks and Asians at a local high school. The teachers' aides were held accountable because they encouraged the black students to mess with the Asian students and give them a hard time. I hated that shit - and I am black.

by Anonymousreply 40002/27/2012

If Viola is sad for not winning the Oscar last night, she can go home and console in the arms of her hot, sexy, chocolate, mature catt daddy husband of hers!

by Anonymousreply 40102/27/2012

R400, their gangs usually are the ones to start the problems in the first place.

by Anonymousreply 40202/27/2012

r402, you mean the Asian gangs? Explain.

Here in Philly, it was individual students.

by Anonymousreply 40302/27/2012

by Anonymousreply 40502/28/2012

When it came to female R&B/Soul singers? Who was the favorite one? Millie Jackson or Denise La Salle.

by Anonymousreply 40602/29/2012

by Anonymousreply 40703/01/2012

The lady named Sophina Brown who married Henry Simmons has fallen off the radar after appearing on "Shark" and "NUMB3RS." Her acting career has either been put on hold or she left the business because of her faith in God.

by Anonymousreply 40803/03/2012

Nick Cannon has an autoimmune disease

by Anonymousreply 40903/03/2012

And Queen Latifah has a new lady friend

by Anonymousreply 41003/03/2012

Queen Latifah can afford a personal trainer to get her rich arse in better shape...WTF?

by Anonymousreply 41103/05/2012

Im really upset that Iyanla Vanzant doesnt have a show on OWN yet.

by Anonymousreply 41203/07/2012

by Anonymousreply 41303/07/2012

At one point she was dating a trainer, and still no real results. She just does not care about her health. She's a pretty girl, but will be as big as Aretha in a few years.

by Anonymousreply 41403/07/2012

I really dont like when people talk about Queen Latifah's weight. I watched that movie she did with Common with one of my friends and she did was talk about her like she was a whale! I think she looks good. She has always been a larger woman, mostly because of her breasts. Queen Latifah looks like a lot of regular black women who are over 40. She was never obese like Star Jones was or how Gabourey Sidibe is. And she will never get to Aretha pre-bypass levels.

Every minute we are critizing the white media and ourselves for rejecting real images of how real black people look. Well Queen Latifah is the real deal. Yeah she could probably lose some weight, but she is not obese.

by Anonymousreply 41503/07/2012

And what do you look like, Miss r416??

by Anonymousreply 41703/07/2012

We need more Viola's and fewer Queens.

by Anonymousreply 41803/07/2012

Tell me y'all are up on the Robert Glasper Experiment!

by Anonymousreply 41903/07/2012

Queen is playa

by Anonymousreply 42003/07/2012

Yall gotta admit that Asian cunt kicked that old Black bitch's ass

by Anonymousreply 42103/08/2012

thank u r419... I miss music like this being on the mainstream instead of cRAP

by Anonymousreply 42203/08/2012

r419: I been reading about that album. Gonna get it.......

by Anonymousreply 42303/08/2012

um, no one...???

by Anonymousreply 42403/08/2012

Ha! And they dogged me all these years about being gay, when I told and told them about Will. Not that it's a bad thing, but I'm just saying.

by Anonymousreply 42503/08/2012

OMG! Chile what is Tisha gonna say?

by Anonymousreply 42603/08/2012

I used to have a huge crush on Duane.

by Anonymousreply 42703/08/2012

Im envious of all the ass in this downlow relationship.

by Anonymousreply 42803/08/2012

Damn Damn Damn! All of that ass and those thick thighs. That ass is one of the reasons I crushed on him so hard.

by Anonymousreply 42903/08/2012

Wll's been there......alot !

by Anonymousreply 43003/08/2012

by Anonymousreply 43103/10/2012

Rihanna's dad has publicly called her fat. WTF?!

by Anonymousreply 43203/10/2012

womanly butt

by Anonymousreply 43303/10/2012

Wow that's some ass!

by Anonymousreply 43403/11/2012

Im reading the Aaliyah thread, it seems like people have a lot of contempt for Beyonce. I honestly think people wouldnt go out of their way to diss her if Aaliyah was still around to compete with her. Im not a fan of Beyonce's albums or the way she handled the alleged delivery of her child, but to say she is untalented is just messy.

by Anonymousreply 43503/12/2012

Anyone notice the trailer for "21 Jump Street" where Channing Tatum slaps the black kid...

Whenever regular blacks kids are murdered in the streets like dogs (and the killer gets away scott far)...shyt like that is not "funny"...

by Anonymousreply 43603/15/2012

Taye Diggs?

Omar Epps?

Boris Kudjoe?

D.L. Hughley?

by Anonymousreply 43803/16/2012

R437...actually I did not make myself clear...I was more concerned that the unprovoked violence of a bigger white guy punching a smaller black kid in the face, was broadcast in the movie's national trailer, as the MAIN JOKE in the trailer...

I know it's not reflecting the racist killing that recently happened. However, in small town schools, main streets, etc...across America, do we really need to "encourage" violence like that.

by Anonymousreply 43903/16/2012

RE 439 Stop being so PC . I love this stuff. As long as the kid isn't wearing a yarmulke !

by Anonymousreply 44003/16/2012

I cringe at the commercial for Eddie Murphy's new movie when the blind man mutters "white folks sho is nice". Yeesh.

by Anonymousreply 44103/16/2012

Whitney Houston's teenage daughter, Bobbi Kristina, has told her grandmother, Cissy Houston, she will marry Nick Gordon, a longtime friend who's known as her 'adopted' brother, even though the matriarch of the family is vehemently opposed to the relationship, is exclusively reporting.

As Star magazine exclusively reported in this week's issue, just one month after Whitney's death, Bobbi Kristina, 19, secretly got engaged to Nick, 22, and she's recently been spotted wearing a diamond engagement ring.

PHOTOS: Whitney Houston's Mendham Home

Cissy Houston is "absolutely heartsick that Bobbi Kristina has gotten engaged. This reminds her of when Whitney married Bobby Brown, whom Cissy has never approved of. Cissy has conveyed to Krissy how upset she is, and has urged her to have a prolonged engagement. Krissy has told her grandmother that she doesn't need her blessing to marry Nick, and the more Cissy objects to the relationship, well that only cements Krissy's decision. It's just a very sad situation. Clearly, Krissy loves Nick, but she has just lost her mother, and her entire world has been turned upside down. Krissy doesn't think she needs to wait, and points to her mom's sudden death as the reason to marry Nick," a source close to the situation tells us.

PHOTOS: Last Pictures Taken Of Whitney Houston Alive

"Nick proposed to Krissy on March 10, and she said yes," a family friend told Star. "Krissy said Nick is the only person she trusts in the world. They have a very deep connection," a family insider told Star via

Bobbi Kristina lives with Nick in Whitney's $1.2 million Atlanta townhouse, and they call each other "brother" and "sister," says the source.

by Anonymousreply 44403/17/2012

Bobbi Kristina must be pregnant.

by Anonymousreply 44503/17/2012

Did you guys know rapper Mystikal was out of jail? He is about to put out new music via Lil Wayne's Young Money label.

For some reason he has gotten really sexy since being locked up! I never realized that he was really handsome

by Anonymousreply 44603/17/2012

by Anonymousreply 44703/17/2012

437, laughed hardest when they hit a bump and blew the black mans head off in pulp fiction.

by Anonymousreply 44803/18/2012

by Anonymousreply 44903/18/2012

WEHT - Melba Moore

Lola Falana

Fred Williamson

Lloyd Haynes (Room 222)

Williamson & Haynes were my 70's sex on a stick- 2 best looking men ever.

by Anonymousreply 45003/18/2012

I agree r450 on Williamson and Hayes. What was the deal with Melba Moore and Clfton Davis?

by Anonymousreply 45103/19/2012

by Anonymousreply 45203/19/2012

c'mon people!

by Anonymousreply 45303/21/2012

El Debarge got arrested AGAIN for drug possession. You would think after embracing Whitney on the eve of her death he would stay off the stuff.

by Anonymousreply 45403/21/2012

that poor family is really troubled

by Anonymousreply 45503/22/2012

by Anonymousreply 45603/23/2012

El DeBarge will be dead soon.

by Anonymousreply 45703/23/2012

Bunny has been in rehab for a long while. Here she is on Dr. Drew. Its hard to believe she is 57 years old.

by Anonymousreply 45803/23/2012

Where have you been hearing that , R458? Yes, I think there are quite a few gangs in Florida.

by Anonymousreply 46103/23/2012

The police department in Florida need to arrest George Zinnerman.

by Anonymousreply 46203/24/2012

So Lenny Kravitz likes Latino twinks? Surprise surprise!

by Anonymousreply 46303/24/2012

What's going on with Alicia Keys? It seems like she has dropped off the face of the earth since she had Swizz Beaks son. Does she still like women? Are her fans still angry about her breaking up a household?

by Anonymousreply 46403/25/2012

Shaunie is a business woman and I applaud her and all her efforts. I think she is a really beautiful, classy-looking woman and I love the way she rocks that hair. Aside from that, I feel that she is a pot stirrer and can't believe noone has ever called her out on it. I suppose it's because she's the Executive Producer so she signs their paychecks. In one season where Evelyn and Tammi fought at the restaurant when Ev told Tammi she used to date her man, it was Shaunie who told Evelyn that she should bring it up. I always thought that was wrong. In this season, she invited Jennifer to her birthday party knowing that Evelyn would try to beat her a**. Shaunie looks like she's innocent and diplomatic, but in another season, she ganged up on Gloria at the restaurant where Shaunie and the other women had ambushed Gloria - and Shaunie actually followed Gloria out of the restaurant and wanted to harm that girl. in reality she's making sure she keeps the drama going. I guess that's why she's the boss. Still, she's not classy at all and has a mean, vindictive side to her. They're all like mean girls in high school. And I find it riveting.

by Anonymousreply 46503/25/2012

VH-1 should just get rid of Basketball Wives for good.

by Anonymousreply 46703/26/2012

I agree. I think there are some people on that show who are actually decent people but they are so desperate for money that they are willing to make themselves look gutter as hell. I'm so over all of the fist fighting and drink throwing. These women need to learn some class and at least try to have even a little bit of dignity. I don't know why any men are interested in them after seeing how they act on the show.

I will admit that the "non motherfucking factabitch" thing was kind of funny when she first said it , though.

by Anonymousreply 46803/26/2012

These are women who were never taught the value of themselves as human beings, only what's between there legs and having babies by athletes is the only way to live. And if they have daughters they pass that ideology down to them and the cycle continues.

by Anonymousreply 46903/26/2012

Anyone else think Michael Ealy is the best lookin dude ever put onscreen ? Those eyes are as blue as the Mediterrainian Sea !

by Anonymousreply 47003/26/2012

Dennis Rodman is broke and extremely sick.

by Anonymousreply 47103/28/2012

Im probably way late, but I didnt know Tami from Basketball Wives was on the Real World Los Angeles! Wow, her life has certainly come full circle. She is the same bitch on reality TV that she was 20 years ago.

Tami had a mild heart attack yesterday.

by Anonymousreply 47203/28/2012

This is also pretty late, but a lot black women did not take kindly to actor Brian White's comments on black women on reality TV like BB Wives & RHOA. And he is married to a woman who is not black.

I watched part of the reunion of Love & Hip Hop, I never watched the show before. There was some behind the scenes footage, the producers were mostly middle aged white guys that look like Andy Cohen. Casting the "angry black woman" in a group with multiple races is now boring. They just hire and group all the angry black women together.

Im not a fan of BBW, but I think Mr. White needs to remember that these shows are about as fictional as any movie he has done. And as long as white people make fools of themselves on TV, you cant really single out black women for doing it to.

by Anonymousreply 47403/28/2012

The thing is I'm willing to bet that black women makeup the overwhelming majority of his fan-base. In other words, career suicide.

Tyler Perry must be fuming.

by Anonymousreply 47503/28/2012

I just randomly stumbled upon this unique couple. Very cool! I don't think I've ever met a gay Sikh before.

by Anonymousreply 47603/28/2012

Shaunie isn't doing anything to uplift other black women and I hate her for that. She has money and she can afford to take a hit in public opinion, but the others do not and she exploits that. Fuck her. Team Shaq!!

by Anonymousreply 47703/28/2012

I know people will disagree, but the new show Scandal with Kerry Washington I'm not feeling judging by the commercials. And Kerry's character seems annoying. I'll watch though

by Anonymousreply 47803/29/2012

Thanks for that R476, nor have I!

by Anonymousreply 47903/29/2012

OK video shows that Joe Oliver, George Zimmerman's supposed friend is a FRAUD... he also claims he left his job to go on this media tour to support Zimmerman... I wonder who is paying the fucking motherfucker

by Anonymousreply 48003/30/2012

Somebody please get Toure some dick so he can stop being so obnoxious!

by Anonymousreply 48103/31/2012

Gurl, Mizz Toure was ready to pull those earrings off and grab her Vaseline in that clip!!

by Anonymousreply 48203/31/2012

Toure acts like he is the height of journalism!! Piers Morgan should have aired that LEGENDARY interview he did with Bow Wow and Omarion where Bow Wow queened out and threatened him ass for dissing his boyfriend. Of course this makes him more qualified to comment on the Trayvon Martin case ((rolls eyes))

by Anonymousreply 48303/31/2012

I always thought he was gay (and still do after watching him on Piers last night) but isn't he married?

by Anonymousreply 48403/31/2012

Can somebody start a thread on Obama being sexy and he knows it?

by Anonymousreply 48503/31/2012

Toni Braxton's new video. Her nose is smaller than Janet's now!

by Anonymousreply 48604/02/2012

r478 I'm kind of ambivalent about Scandal as well. It's not really my type of show, but I LOVE and I mean LOVE Kerry Wahington and I'd watch her do anything. She's said in interviews that this is the most fulfilling role of her career and she really wants to make another season. I hope it is successful, I really truly do. I'm gonna give it a real shot.

I mean it is a one hour network drama with a BLACK FEMALE LEAD. I wonder if Taraji was up for this or maybe she got Person of Interest before.

Speaking of blacks on tv I don't know if you all follow the trades like I do but Meagan Good and Laz Alonzo were cast as the leads of a nighttime soap pilot for NBC. It's called Notorious and reads like a total Revenge ripoff but it doesn't get much sexier than those two so I hope it moves forward.

by Anonymousreply 48704/02/2012

Not to criticise r470, but are white features on black people still considered attractive and preferable to black Americans?

by Anonymousreply 48804/03/2012

I am sick and tired of this shit. How much more of this abuse will we take by the corrupt police and their racist White counterparts? I REAL racial revolutions needs to be done in this country

by Anonymousreply 48904/07/2012

That Toure is one hot mess. He needed to sit his ass down!

In bigger and better news....*drumroll*

Raz B got a new singe out y'all!!!

by Anonymousreply 49004/11/2012

I would watch Laz Alonzo in ANYTHING. When is this pilot airing r487?

by Anonymousreply 49104/11/2012

I would rather ________ than see that Steve Harvey movie.

by Anonymousreply 49204/12/2012

lol r492.

Are we still fans of Nicki Minaj? I heard that the Roman Reloaded album is garbage. It seems like everyone has turned on her. I like her personality a lot.

But I think people like Nicki and Lady Gaga and Beyonce need to bring it in some. I miss the days when artists actually went away after promoting an album so you would miss them, and then they came back better than ever. These ladies just overexpose themselves until people hate them.

by Anonymousreply 49304/14/2012

Nicki Minaj had mobs of people who didn't like her when her career began. Tons of people were calling her fake and saying that she can't rap. I think that many of her fans have become disillusioned. She doesn't seem to know who she is or what kind of artist she wants to be. Many people have claimed that she modeled herself after Kim and now GaGa and there appears to be some truth in those observations.

I also think that many people are tired of the gimmicks and I think that Adele owes her tremendous success to that. People just want singers to sing well. They are over the crazy fashions and split personalities. It has been overdone and it's boring now. Minaj has set herself up to have a short career.

by Anonymousreply 49404/16/2012

[quote]She doesn't seem to know who she is or what kind of artist she wants to be.

That's the thing though. All of the other female rappers that have come before her who knew "what kind of artist they wanted to be" pretty much fell off after a couple of good years. Queen Latifah is the only exception to that. I have never seen people have such strong opinions on a woman mc before; Lil Kim wishes she had the following that Nicki does. I think as long as Nicki has no real competition she is going to have a huge career.

She deleted her Twitter account last night after a huge fight with her "fans"

by Anonymousreply 49504/16/2012

Miss Nikki must be looking into he rear-view mirror at the up-and-coming female competition like Iggy Azalea, Reema Major and especially Azealia Banks. They seem to be getting by on talent alone as opposed to relying on staged exorcisms, Sigmund and The Sea Monster colored weaves and Barbie Dream House themes. Lil' Kim may just have been right about her after all.

by Anonymousreply 49604/16/2012

r496, all long as Nicki has Lil Wayne in her corner, she really doesnt have any competition. As soon as she leaves Young Money, she is over. Just like Lil Kim and Biggie. Nicki is part of a larger brand that is headed by Lil Wayne.

by Anonymousreply 49704/16/2012

Will Shaunice O'Neal end her Basketball Wives reality tv show one day?

by Anonymousreply 49804/16/2012

Well, I've never seen this kind of hate and backlash before either. And I didn't understand why so many people called her talentless, fake, and a bad rapper when she first came out and started getting tons of features. People say that she is self-hating a lot too.

I assumed it was envy. I assumed that Kim was envious. I assumed that male Hip Hop fans didn't like the fact that she outsells their Hip Hop heroes. But I really don't know.

She seems so polarizing. People either love her or hate her like she slapped their mothers. And they hated her before the crazy gimmicks. But I think the gimmicks have made it worse for her. I'm not surprised that her fans have turned on her but deleting her tweeter over it is a bit silly and dramatic.

by Anonymousreply 49904/16/2012

Are any of you planning to watch "THINK LIKE A MAN" this weekend? It is based on the Steve Harvey relationship advice book that has sold over 3 million copies.

by Anonymousreply 50004/18/2012

by Anonymousreply 50104/18/2012

I don't see Nicki Minaj as polarizing. She's just another mediocre rapper.

by Anonymousreply 50204/18/2012

R498, only when the ratings tank and she has no choice. I don't know why I thought Shaunie had any dignity. We had to live through Flavor of Love and now we have another show about desperate gold diggers. I read something today about one of the cast members suing another for hitting her.

by Anonymousreply 50304/18/2012

Speaking of Basketball Wives...

What do you guys think of Royce's fiance? I didnt know he was so young.

Is this real?

by Anonymousreply 50404/18/2012

He has quite a nice shape...

by Anonymousreply 50504/18/2012

^^^^^^^^^^^ M.A.R.Y!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 50604/19/2012

his ball sack is really long... looks photoshopped

by Anonymousreply 50704/19/2012

also, look at his left hand in the last pick, it looks stretched or skewed... it's 'shopped

by Anonymousreply 50804/19/2012

That is so true r503.

by Anonymousreply 50904/19/2012

Scandal is on today! I really like the show. It's clever, quick and smart.

I do miss 'Find Our Missing' w/ S. Epatha Merkerson. I hope they renew it for another season.

How do all like this Elle Varner chick? I want to like her more because she has a different sound and a great voice. But so far she's been, 'meh'

by Anonymousreply 51004/19/2012

Would someone please either make a thread about the story I am linking to or just read it and pass it along amongst your friends? Thank you.

A film crew from Los Angeles has launched a Kickstarter campaign to fund a film about Ms. Venus, a 53-year-old Mobile, Alabama drag queen with Memphis roots.

While in her 20s, Mobile resident Devin Ford met Ms. Venus, and the charismatic queen helped re-shape Ford's worldview. A self-professed "white, straight, Southern, former Evangelical," Ford says she was amazed to see someone as comfortable in her own skin as Ms. Venus. The film will chronicle the pair's relationship and Ms. Venus' life journey.

Ms. Venus relocated to Mobile from Memphis, where she was the only African-American man working the on the Memphis Queen riverboat. Parts of the documentary will be filmed in Memphis as Ms. Venus discusses that part of her life.

The crew hopes to raise $50,000 by Tuesday, May 15th to move further with the project. Currently, they've only shot a trailer for the Kickstarter page.

by Anonymousreply 51104/19/2012

What about Washington Watch with Roland Martin on TV One?

by Anonymousreply 51304/21/2012

by Anonymousreply 51404/21/2012

Nia Brooks Charged With Battery For Slapping Jennifer Williams.

by Anonymousreply 51504/22/2012

“Basketball Wives” Boycott Their Reunion Show Over Jennifer Williams’ Face-Slap Lawsuit.

by Anonymousreply 51604/22/2012

I'm seeing Think Like a Man in a few hours with a friend. I'm happy that it's successful. Black film needs so desperately to move out of the Tyler Perry ghetto and a few successful movies that he has nothing to do with may just do the trick. I hope it's not overtly homophobic like that gawker article says, but then again I think white gay guys (and Brian Moylan at gawker is) try very, very hard to find and/or point out homophobia in anything with black people.

by Anonymousreply 51704/22/2012

So over Tyler Perry haters^^

by Anonymousreply 51804/22/2012

quoted for truth r517.

by Anonymousreply 51904/22/2012

What do we think of the charges that Think Like a Man is homophobic? I haven't seen it yet.

by Anonymousreply 52004/25/2012

Anybody watch Sweetie Pies on OWN? Miss Robbie's son Tim is built like hell and I just know he has a big ole booty from how he walks. I would love too see him fuck the hell out of his bitchy little fem cousin!

by Anonymousreply 52104/28/2012

by Anonymousreply 52204/28/2012

TLAM isn't overtly homophobic so much as filled with a sophomoric sense of gay panic played for cheap laughs.

Most of the jokes were funny enough but really unneccesary. Most were hetero panic jokes about being around another lightly clothed man which were funny, and there was nothing nearly as nasty as "paging dr. Faggot" from Hangover or the drag queen in a cake from Why did I get married 2.

by Anonymousreply 52304/28/2012

Tamera Mowry-Housley Is Pregnant!

by Anonymousreply 52404/28/2012

"Brian McKnight Gets Explicit With His Latest Release"

by Anonymousreply 52504/28/2012

"Shaunie O’Neal Admits Obvious: Evelyn Lozada And Tami Roman Are Bullies"

by Anonymousreply 52604/28/2012

r521 that Charles needs a big dyck up his ass

by Anonymousreply 52704/28/2012

Chris Brown is not eating, suffering from some mental issues

by Anonymousreply 52804/28/2012

Usher Debuts New Song During Off-Broadway Play

by Anonymousreply 52904/28/2012

Remember The Time, Deion and Pilar Primetime Love [Reality Round-Up]

by Anonymousreply 53004/28/2012

I am so sick of the Deion and Pilar drama clogging up all the blogs this week. Professional athlete drama with his wife. Why does everyone care so much? This stuff is expected.

by Anonymousreply 53104/28/2012

Brandy has a new song with manorexic singer Chris Brown

by Anonymousreply 53204/28/2012

That Brian McKnight song was a travesty @ R525

I weep for the future of our music

by Anonymousreply 53304/29/2012

That is so true r533.

by Anonymousreply 53404/29/2012

R526,Shaunie, with her perpetually flared nostrils, is nothing but a fraud. She instigates and orchestrates all of that depravity while sitting back trying to play the innocent role. I watched a clip of the slapping on another blog and all Shaunie did was call out someone's name while some Girl Friday was charging the other girl. "Ev ev ev ev." What a treacherous witch. It makes me believe all of those rumors about her.

by Anonymousreply 53504/29/2012

[quote]Shaunie, with her perpetually flared nostrils

by Anonymousreply 53604/29/2012

yes, 537.

by Anonymousreply 53804/29/2012

What do yall think about this guy?

by Anonymousreply 53904/29/2012

by Anonymousreply 54004/29/2012

Ice Cube Reflects On Hip Hop’s Influence On The L.A. Riots

by Anonymousreply 54104/29/2012

Mariah Carey & Nick Cannon Renew Wedding Vows

by Anonymousreply 54204/29/2012

Good for Mariah & Nick.

by Anonymousreply 54304/29/2012

Yes, R521! That man is really sexy. I try to watch just for him but I have no idea when it comes on. He's hot!

I was wondering something. There are a few black gay folks here who seem to think that they can't post in this thread because they aren't American. Should we change the name to something like gay people of African descent thread or something? Or just keep it as is?

by Anonymousreply 54405/03/2012

This Tyler Perry fire is starting to become suspicious. He hasn't commented on it yet and it's been two days.

by Anonymousreply 54505/03/2012

Anybody been following Usher and Tameka's custody trial? It has gotten pretty ugly this week.

I really dont know what to think of Usher's personal life. There was some stuff he did not want go on the record in the trial, which raised some eyebrows. But a lot of that had to deal with Tameka. I do believe he had a relationship with that student from New Jersey that tried to out him, but I dont think Tameka cares.

His new song Climax is gorgeous. The best song I have heard in a long while.

by Anonymousreply 54605/06/2012

I just watched my first full episode of Basketball Wives. Now I see why I've been so hesitant about watching this show. Tami made my blood pressure go up, and this is just a reality show.

I really hope she gets the wind knocked out her one day soon. If she took anything that belonged to me, I would give her a good fist in the jaw, prior to pulling her extensions out from the root!

And I cannot believe how low Shaunie O'neal has stooped. She should have just sticked to making a shoe line. Her name is tarnished forever.

by Anonymousreply 54705/09/2012

by Anonymousreply 54805/10/2012

I found the fire suspicious as well.

by Anonymousreply 54905/10/2012

Is Rihanna fucking him now?

Terry the creepy photographer, that is

by Anonymousreply 55005/13/2012

Tami Roman may be leaving Basketball Wives.

by Anonymousreply 55105/13/2012

Thank God r551. Im all for the entertainment factor, but Tami just does not need to be on television. She has mental problems and she is a bully.

I heard Nivea turned down Love and Hip Hop ATL. I would watch her ghetto self over Tami Roman.

Tamar Braxton and Jill Scott also got into it on twitter over the reality shows on WE. I cant believe Tamar would come for Jill like that. Tamar, enough. Jill has so many enemies to be an innocuous R&B Soul artist. The Grammys, Anita Baker, people in interracial relationships, the Braxtons. Who's next?

by Anonymousreply 55205/13/2012

Whoa! r552, details please! What is Jill getting into it with anyone for? Twitter must be a nightmare for publicists

by Anonymousreply 55305/13/2012

r553 here's a rundown of what happened. Tamar was starting something out of nothing (as per usual!)

by Anonymousreply 55405/13/2012

Can somebody start a thread on this video? It is important to address the perception by WHITE gays that the Black community is so anti-gay

by Anonymousreply 55505/14/2012

Beautiful, R555. Thank you so much for that link.

I think the problem is that many white gays (not all but many) secretly love the fact that blacks are traditionally anti-gay because it gives them a built-in cover for their racism. If every black in America was to suddenly stand up and say "Yes, I wholeheartedly support gays and gay rights, including the right to get married," the racist queens' heads would explode because they'd then have to scramble to come up with some other convenient excuse for still hating blacks.

by Anonymousreply 55605/14/2012

Started a new thread.

by Anonymousreply 55705/15/2012

It was so hard watching the BW show tonight. I wanted to cry watching Tami bully that poor girl, and laugh while the other "women" just sat there.

by Anonymousreply 55805/15/2012

Evelyn Shaunie and Suzie should be ashamed for letting Tami get away with that. I wish Kesha stuck to her guns and got Tami arrested. And Evelyn's tears after the fact was just stupid. She should have done something.

I wont be watching BBW or anything else involving Tami unless its her getting her ass beat.

by Anonymousreply 55905/15/2012

Jill Scott would not approve!

by Anonymousreply 56005/15/2012

Tami is a bully and a rude cunt. I would love to see that bitch get the shit beat out of her.

by Anonymousreply 56105/15/2012

Rohan is a dog!

by Anonymousreply 56205/15/2012

Marvin Winans got carjacked!

by Anonymousreply 56305/16/2012

I think there is way more to that Winans' story. He may have known those guys, or set up the whole thing for insurance purposes, but it sounds fishy.

Bump this thread when the truth comes out.

by Anonymousreply 56405/16/2012

r564, you are sooo shady.

by Anonymousreply 56505/16/2012

Huey Newton speech in defense of gay rights gains new relevance after Obama about-face

Huey P. Newton, one of the most infamous leaders of the Black Panthers, has for decades represented a hyper-masculine perspective on the struggle for African-American equality and righteousness. So it may come as a surprise to some of his admirers that he also articulated a compelling case for the rights of the gay community. A 1970 speech he gave on this very subject has resurfaced and been re-posted in light of President Obama's about-face on the issue of same-sex marriage. Here are some highlights:

Remember, we have not established a revolutionary value system; we are only in the process of establishing it. I do not remember our ever constituting any value that said that a revolutionary must say offensive things towards homosexuals, or that a revolutionary should make sure that women do not speak out about their own particular kind of oppression. As a matter of fact, it is just the opposite: we say that we recognize the women's right to be free. We have not said much about the homosexual at all, but we must relate to the homosexual movement because it is a real thing. And I know through reading, and through my life experience and observations that homosexuals are not given freedom and liberty by anyone in the society. They might be the most oppressed people in the society.

And what made them homosexual? Perhaps it's a phenomenon that I don't understand entirely. Some people say that it is the decadence of capitalism. I don't know if that is the case; I rather doubt it. But whatever the case is, we know that homosexuality is a fact that exists, and we must understand it in its purest form: that is, a person should have the freedom to use his body in whatever way he wants.

That is not endorsing things in homosexuality that we wouldn't view as revolutionary. But there is nothing to say that a homosexual cannot also be a revolutionary. And maybe I'm now injecting some of my prejudice by saying that "even a homosexual can be a revolutionary." Quite the contrary, maybe a homosexual could be the most revolutionary.

Later on in his remarks, Newton asserts:

We should be willing to discuss the insecurities that many people have about homosexuality. When I say "insecurities," I mean the fear that they are some kind of threat to our manhood. I can understand this fear. Because of the long conditioning process which builds insecurity in the American male, homosexuality might produce certain hang-ups in us. I have hang-ups myself about male homosexuality. But on the other hand, I have no hang-up about female homosexuality. And that is a phenomenon in itself. I think it is probably because male homosexuality is a threat to men and female homosexuality is not.

We should be careful about using those terms that might turn our friends off. The terms "fa**ot" and "punk" should be deleted from our vocabulary, and especially we should not attach names normally designed for homosexuals to men who are enemies of the people, such as [Richard] Nixon or [Attorney General John] Mitchell. Homosexuals are not enemies of the people.

by Anonymousreply 56605/16/2012

After hearing the sad and shocking news about Donna Summer today, Im wondering why black women usually keep their health issues so secretive.

by Anonymousreply 56705/17/2012

If you're not familiar with NBJC, is a national organization that gives voice to OUR (Blacks who are gay) issues and fights on our behalf. Please look it over and donate if you can. There is also some information about the Bayard Rustin Centennial Celebration on the site. Pass it along.

by Anonymousreply 56805/18/2012

I'm sure that most of you are familiar with the YouTube channel NoMoreDownLowTV, but for those who aren't, it's a channel dedicated to SGL (Black gay) issues. Check it out.

by Anonymousreply 56905/18/2012

I wanted to post this video to give you guys a sense of what Black SGL and transgender activist are doing for US. You can find this video on the NoMoreDownLowTV channel.

Black LGBT Activists Lobby Congress & White House

by Anonymousreply 57005/18/2012

And NBJC has a YouTube channel as well. It's great, check it out and subscribe. I wish I could put all of the links in the same post.

by Anonymousreply 57105/18/2012

Real racist freak(s) posting in the "NAACP backs gay marriage" thread. Check it out if you've got the stomach.

by Anonymousreply 57205/20/2012

Sorry, meant to say DON'T check it out unless you've got the stomach.

by Anonymousreply 57305/20/2012

No surprise, R573. It seems that there are many good-natured white gays here and on other sites who don't seem to realize that there MANY white gays who do not want black support and reject black support, the same way that they reject and discriminate against black gays. Support from blacks is not a plus for them. Many supportive blacks don't seem to realize that either. But as black SGL men and women, we are well aware of it and the election will prove it to be true.

by Anonymousreply 57405/20/2012

This is a very interesting article about black gays during the Harlem Renaissance. Note the very tolerant attitudes toward homosexuality in the black community. And Madam C.J. Walker's daughter A'Lelia was a huge fag-hag.

by Anonymousreply 57505/20/2012

Is anyone watching Common Law? I'm really enjoying it so far.

Also, any SCANDAL fans? What a finale. So glad that the show was renewed or I would have been SO pissed.

Hope everyone is well. I'm in Chicago and the NATO protests are just down the street from me. Absolutely amazing.

by Anonymousreply 57605/20/2012

It's really interesting watching the narrative shift after Obama's announcement in support of gay marriage. Great that so many prominent blacks have stepped up as well. For 4 LONG years since prop 8 the narrative has been "blacks hate gays, etc." and now that narrative is starting to crack a bit. Add to that the fact that black LGBT people are more visible than ever before and I think things are changing. It's nice to see. I think in 50 years it will be such a different world in how race is played out in the gay community.

Anyways, I LOVED the Scandal finale. I'm such a fan. That Shonda Rimes is a great writer. And are you all aware of the fact that there are or will be 4 network dramas on broadcast tv with black female leads? Person of Interest, Scandal, and the upcoming Infamous and Cult. That is exciting and progressive.

And as far as Tami goes, I feel sorry for her. This is a woman of a certain age with a very limited skill set and she thought she was giving the viewers what they wanted. She's basically whoring herself out for $$. She admitted in s2s magazine that she does pretty much whatever the producers tell her to do

by Anonymousreply 57705/21/2012

by Anonymousreply 57805/21/2012

OK, maybe I should watch Scandal. Everyone keeps saying how good it is.

by Anonymousreply 57905/21/2012

So have you guys heard about Raven being one of the children? She's dating some girl from Top Model. This is the girl.

by Anonymousreply 58005/21/2012

I've gotten that vibe from her for years, but I prefer when people come out at their own time. Outing should be saved for closet cases preachers and politicians, if you ask me.

by Anonymousreply 58105/21/2012

Yikes! Rapper Young Buck Evicted from His Home!

by Anonymousreply 58205/22/2012

Usher Sheds Tears In Court Over Tameka’s Bad Dad Allegations!

by Anonymousreply 58305/22/2012

Ray J Hospitalized After Billboard Awards

by Anonymousreply 58405/22/2012

Can somebody start a new thread?

by Anonymousreply 58505/22/2012

I think Usher and Tameka's relationship is a big LIE!

by Anonymousreply 58605/22/2012

You guys are late to the party...

We have a DL Scandal thread up and poppin. Scandal is the truth! Post all your predictions for season 2. Come on and join us!

by Anonymousreply 58705/22/2012

When I thought about it I could see why so many people are saying that they aren't surprised that little Olivia is a lesbian. I agree that it was wrong to just out her like that, though.

by Anonymousreply 58805/23/2012

Does anyone else remember Tami when she was on REAL WORLD? Drama queen, times 100. I have to admit that this was when the show was good (second season, I think), but you could see the seeds of what was to come twenty years ago. From getting her jaw wired to lose weight to having an abortion while on the show. The classic Tami/Kevin argument. That God Awful rip-off En Vogue group she was in ("I'm a slave, I'm a slave, I'm a slave to your lovin'")

I also remember when she was on a reunion of the show, along with the first NY cast and the SF cast, that she got into it with Heather for calling her the "Ghetto chick" of the cast.

by Anonymousreply 58905/23/2012

I'm A Slave To Your Loving

by Anonymousreply 59005/23/2012

It wasn't not funny!

by Anonymousreply 59105/23/2012

by Anonymousreply 59205/24/2012

Tameka Usher is one homely broad.

by Anonymousreply 59305/24/2012

Didn't Tami get someone thrown off Real World for sexual attack? That season was awesome.

by Anonymousreply 59405/24/2012

Yep r594.

by Anonymousreply 59505/24/2012

Have one of you nigresses started part 6 yet?

Please dedicate it to the beating of Tami Roman's ass.

by Anonymousreply 59605/24/2012

When someone sets up the new thread can you post the link in this thread so that we can easily find it?

by Anonymousreply 59705/24/2012

I'll start a new one, but would like a snappy opening line. Suggestions?

by Anonymousreply 59805/24/2012

I love this thread.

by Anonymousreply 59905/25/2012

New thread!

by Anonymousreply 60005/25/2012
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!