Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Do you save your toenail clippings?

I started it years ago as a joke and now I can't stop. Have them in a beautiful box designed by British artist Matthew Rice. Sometimes I take the larger ones out and examine them.

by Anonymousreply 5202/23/2013

This is why you're alone.

by Anonymousreply 112/09/2011

OP is a freeptard trying to have all of you accumulate DNA they can use to make designer poisons to kill you off. Don't save them! Burn them!

by Anonymousreply 212/09/2011

OP, this isn't you, is it?

by Anonymousreply 312/09/2011

Aquinas tells us that even animals have no souls, so what are the odds that toenail clippings can be saved.

I nevertheless retained mine, and, with the aid of a glue gun, was about to create an entire, albeit scratchy replica of myself, when I discovered how much I could get for them on eBay.

by Anonymousreply 412/09/2011

If it's one of our freeptards, they may be collecting them in order to place them at murder scenes.

by Anonymousreply 512/09/2011

Guys and gals, I totally get how odd this is, trust me. But I like doing it. Just wondering if anybody else doing it.

Nope, R3, never called into C2C but I love that show and once I get my speakers fixed I'm going to listen to the call.

by Anonymousreply 612/09/2011

OP After you die, if a space alien needs to get ahold of some DNA so he can assume human form, he can always use your toenail clippings.

by Anonymousreply 712/09/2011

Nice to meet a kindred spirit, OP. Give me a call if you're ever in Vegas!

by Anonymousreply 812/09/2011

You made me laugh, R8, but HH never cut his nails.

See first paragraph.

by Anonymousreply 912/09/2011

OP = Matthew Barney

by Anonymousreply 1012/09/2011

How gross!

by Anonymousreply 1112/09/2011

R3 Got my speakers fixed this afternoon so I listened to the call. That guy's wacky. I would never ever mingle someone else's toenails with mine. My collection is pure. I can't imagine touching somebody else's toenails, yuck oh my god. And a whole coffee can full? That seems exaggerated. I just measured my Matthew Rice box and it's 3"x3" and 1" high and it's not even filled.

by Anonymousreply 1212/09/2011

LOL R11. TY!

by Anonymousreply 1312/09/2011

Op, you are vile! My partner collects our cat's whiskers when he finds them on the floor. That, for me, is freaky enough.

by Anonymousreply 1412/09/2011

I wonder what else OP keeps around the house?

by Anonymousreply 1512/09/2011

No odor at all, R14, I'm very clean. That is so adorable your partner does that. Where does he store them?

by Anonymousreply 1612/09/2011

R10, do you mean the artist Matthew Barney? Why would you think I am he?

by Anonymousreply 1712/09/2011

I wish! Mine turn to powder when I snip them :(

by Anonymousreply 1812/09/2011

My Sicilian friends' mother warned me to keep a close guard on my clippings, because her sister got hold of some of hers in 1946 and hexed her with them and her life was a living hell ever since (Her children appreciated hearing this repeated over and over.).

So maybe OP is on to something.

by Anonymousreply 1912/09/2011

I put mine in my compost.

by Anonymousreply 2012/09/2011

This thread should have ended with R1.

by Anonymousreply 2112/09/2011

Hey 21, do you find Picasso disgusting and disturbed? He saved AND DATED his nail clippings.

I don't date mine.

by Anonymousreply 2212/09/2011

by Anonymousreply 2312/09/2011

I cut my toenails so that they fall onto a towel, and then I go out on my balcony and shake the towel onto my neighbor's balcony below.

by Anonymousreply 2412/09/2011

That's not a very kind thing to do.

by Anonymousreply 2512/09/2011

R25. She's not been kind to me for years. She also gets some of my chest hair trimmings.

by Anonymousreply 2612/09/2011

Dish, R26. What's she done?

by Anonymousreply 2712/09/2011

[quote] Hey 21, do you find Picasso disgusting and disturbed? He saved AND DATED his nail clippings. I don't date mine.

You link to something called Old Wives Tales, and that's supposed to be credible? Even if it were true, Picasso was a brilliant artist, so one can overlook such a peccadillo.

What's your excuse? Are you comparing yourself to Picasso? What brilliance will you leave behind in this world, other than some disgusting toenail clippings?

by Anonymousreply 2812/09/2011

This is one of the more disgusting posts I've read on DL. Even worse than the ones about fisting.

by Anonymousreply 2912/09/2011

I too compost my nail clippings (and the skin dust from my pedi-egg). These are good nitrogen for the compost.

by Anonymousreply 3012/09/2011

I think you're being a big silly, R28. Of course I'm not comparing myself to Picasso. Just saying that geniuses, much to my amazement, collect their clippings also.

by Anonymousreply 3112/10/2011

This OP IS an odd bird.

Already known to post as a lesbian (when in fact he is a he), etc. WEIRD!

by Anonymousreply 3212/12/2011

OP, if that's your weirdest quirk you're harmless. At least you chuckle about it.

by Anonymousreply 3312/12/2011

One day you will meet the man of your dreams, and the first time he is alone in your house he will snoop and find your Matthew Rice box.

When you get home he will have disappeared, taking your toe nail clippings with him.

by Anonymousreply 3412/12/2011

I grossed out when I found an antique tin that my mother had saved all of our baby teeth in. Ewww. Into the fire place they went.

by Anonymousreply 3512/12/2011

How do you know I'm a he, R32? Just because I say so?

by Anonymousreply 3612/12/2011

It's possible, R34, and I'll just have to start all over again.

Oh! R35, I also collect my own teeth. Have all the baby teeth and an adult tooth I had pulled three years ago. They're nestled together in another box (not nearly as nice as the Matthew Rice) but I rarely visit them.

by Anonymousreply 3712/12/2011

Ewwwwwww. Just ewwwwwwww.

by Anonymousreply 3812/12/2011

OP, it's called mental illness. Seek help.

by Anonymousreply 3912/12/2011

Yes I do and have been for years! But I combine my fingernail clippings with my toenail clippings in the same glass jar in my medicine cabinet. And yes, my few freinds who know of my collection are rightfully disgusted by it. You would be surpirsed at how small the collection is; after doing this for at least 15 years, it's less than a cup of clippings, and no they don't smell.

And as a youngster who was once prone to nosebleeds I would collect my dripping blood into a small cub I kept under the sink, dripping another few tablespoons every few weeks over the dried blood that I had previously collected. Now that was rank smelling.

by Anonymousreply 4012/12/2011

What a good idea, OP. You can turn them over to LifeGem, along with a fuck of a lot of cash, and have them turned into diamonds. You could have a Diamond Toe Nail Tiara. Even Liz Taylor didn't have one of those!

by Anonymousreply 4112/12/2011

Blood.. finger and toe nails. What next? Save your cum rags too

by Anonymousreply 4212/12/2011

R37, you rarely visit your baby teeth? Do you have corpses in the basement too? Dude you do realize how weird you are?

by Anonymousreply 4312/12/2011

Someone paid $18 to start this thread. I want you all to think about what that means the next time you're telling me I need to get help for being a misanthrope.

by Anonymousreply 4412/12/2011

I cut my nails in my back yard where I can see ants. I like to watch the ants carry away my clippings to stow them safely underground. You seem quite attached to your clippings, however, OP. Have you thought of having them made into jewellery, cufflinks, or a brooch or something?

by Anonymousreply 4512/12/2011

R43, it's pretty weird to burn baby teeth. Why did you do that as opposed to just throwing them away?

by Anonymousreply 4612/14/2011

haha at the collection of baby teeth. I can do you one better.

I was going through my mother's things recently and discovered what can be only described as a brown film carefully wrapped up in tissue. Turns out I was born with a caul (thin lining of the uterine sac) on my face, and my mother, true to her bog-Irish background, saved it in order to ward off bad luck, together with the dried remnants of my umbilical cord. I was revolted and immediately buried both items in the backyard. I think she was relieved to get rid of them too.

by Anonymousreply 4712/14/2011

I find this thread disgusting... just wanted to share that.... ewww

by Anonymousreply 4812/14/2011

You are not alone. What started as a joke for me has turned into a family quirk. i have two sucrets tins filled with nail clippings. most are mine but my kids have started to contribute to the project. we laugh at it and i tell myself i am not attached and can throw them away anytime i wish. im not sure if i blieve that if for no other reason all the years invested now in this aimless project. I told my girlfriend, after 8 months together. I was afraid she would run but she whipped out the nail clipper and made a wonderful contribution of her own! true love. I found your posting because i am convinced there is a clever way to deploy this treasure.

by Anonymousreply 4902/23/2013

OP is mentally ill. Suicide would be appropriate.

by Anonymousreply 5002/23/2013

I like to sit out back and cut my toenails.

And, one time, I happened to look down and some ants were carting off the clippings.

by Anonymousreply 5102/23/2013

I Dremel my toenails.

For some reason my toenails have curved and the traditional clippers don't work well any longer.

by Anonymousreply 5202/23/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!