Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Why are Dutch women so dykey?

Even the feminine ones have this aggressive brusque manner about them. They look like they could cheerfully rip your balls off and wash them down with a bottle of beer.

by Anonymousreply 4105/04/2013

Dey putz der vingers in de dykes...

by Anonymousreply 112/09/2011

Tall and big boned, with well-developed calves from all that biking. All that milk they consume as kids (and well beyond adolescence.)

My question is: how can a people that eats so poorly be the tallest in the world?

Pic of quintessential Dutch woman at link (scroll down).

by Anonymousreply 212/09/2011

by Anonymousreply 312/09/2011

OP, why are you so interested in women?

by Anonymousreply 412/09/2011

[quote]OP, why are you so interested in women?

I'm a curious person who's interested in everyone and everything.

Today my fascination is with Dutch women. I grew up with a bunch of them and they were all so mannish and aggressive.

Is that OK with you, doll?

by Anonymousreply 512/09/2011

Is their diet really so poor, R2? I'm not at all familiar with it, but I assumed it was similar to a German diet.

by Anonymousreply 612/09/2011

First, they are really HUGE

Second, the Dutch culture isn't oriented towards the prissiness or delicateness that many others do when thinking of things feminine. They value self-reliance and stength, not vulnerability.

by Anonymousreply 712/09/2011

Germans eat better, R6. I think they have more of a sense of quality. The Dutch idea of a "business lunch" is a bunch of ham/cheese rolls, a couple of pitchers of milk and butter milk, and maybe some fruit.

I grew up in the Netherlands, and I always thought the food in almost any other country was a lot better.

by Anonymousreply 812/09/2011

I've wondered the same thing OP. I worked with a Dutch woman and she was bossy and brusque and everyone at the office thought she was annoying. Very pushy and rude and seemed to lack any consideration for others. Their food is disgusting too.

by Anonymousreply 912/09/2011

What r9 said.

I worked with some and they had major attitudes like their shit didn't stink.

Their kids didn't wash their hands after they went to the bathroom, either.

by Anonymousreply 1012/09/2011

aren't they actually dike-y?

by Anonymousreply 1112/09/2011

[quote]I grew up in the Netherlands, and I always thought the food in almost any other country was a lot better.

Alas *sigh*, this is too true

by Anonymousreply 1212/09/2011

A Viennese-born woman who married a Dutchman was the woman who tried to hide the Frank family and others. Her resourcefulness kept them alive in the midst of food shortages, i.e. not enough milk. But they did bike a lot to the countryside to try and get food.

If the country produces or encourages such toughness in women that they can do such things (as many other men and women did in World War II, not just her), then they can be as dykey as they want or need to be.

by Anonymousreply 1312/09/2011

R13, indeed, I've always found the "Rosie the riveter" archetype to be pretty much what most Dutch women admire. Recall, nearly all Dutch women give birth without any pain meds

by Anonymousreply 1412/09/2011

Dutch women have been instrumental in teaching other women how to pee standing up. Admirable.

It's not dykey to be strong and no-nonsense.

by Anonymousreply 1512/09/2011

Without the dykes there would only be water!

by Anonymousreply 1612/09/2011

A waterlogged country needs dykes.

by Anonymousreply 1712/09/2011

by Anonymousreply 1805/02/2013

Love Lucy Lawless's impression of a Dutch woman

by Anonymousreply 1905/02/2013

Because masculinity and femininity are social constructs, OP. And I find it hilarious that gay men are the ones who define what "feminine" is.

by Anonymousreply 2005/02/2013

We are not. We are lovely, gorgeous, beautiful flowres.

Why are you all poor and have no class?

by Anonymousreply 2105/02/2013

You are classless and have obviously never had my tomatoes or lemon cleanse.

by Anonymousreply 2205/02/2013

Dutch women are indeed very tough, you often get the impression that Dutch men have decided it better to let them fight it out and just hang back and watch. Many are very broadly built and the women are the reason the Netherlands is the tallest nation in the world.

by Anonymousreply 2305/02/2013

(quote)Today my fascination is with Dutch women. I grew up with a bunch of them and they were all so mannish and aggressive.

Is that OK with you, doll?

Nelly-assed queen who can only WISH for mannishness and aggression.

by Anonymousreply 2405/02/2013

excellent article on Dutch women.

Strong, honest, grounded.

All that intimidates American men.

by Anonymousreply 2505/02/2013

I have always felt the people of the Netherlands are the prototype for perfected humans. Lord knows they are the most beautiful. I find the women of the netherlands the most attractive both physically and mentally. Netherlanders have their heads screwed on correctly. Frail flower types of women are no more attractive personalities than males with nothing but strength and roughness.

by Anonymousreply 2605/02/2013

Swedish women are magnificent. They are so healthy, confident, athletic and stand straight as an arrow.

I am small, was browbeaten at home by my mother in all my waking moments and sent to catholic school where we did not have gym or female sports. We had "recess" where we were not even allowed to jump rope. So we all sort of milled about. In winter, we huddled in our coats with our teeth chattering, trying to stay warm. It was like a prison yard.

I feel like a twisted dwarf around Swedish women.

by Anonymousreply 2705/02/2013

Swedish women are entirely different from Dutch women.

Dutch women tend to be pushy and rude. Their way or nothing.

Swedes are much more graceful & kind.

by Anonymousreply 2805/02/2013

R9, at first I thought I had written your comment. I worked with someone exactly like that. She was the IT person, so she was always in everyone's business and management was afraid of her. We were all so thrilled when she left.

by Anonymousreply 2905/02/2013

Why are the Dutch so in love with milk?

by Anonymousreply 3005/03/2013

[quote]aggressive brusque manner

yes, I don't like it. And very arrogant like the Germans.

by Anonymousreply 3105/03/2013

Granted, the Dutch value being down to earth and in daily life anything overly polished is seen as ostentatious, but OP and most other posters have clearly never been to the Netherlands. (former dutchies my arse)

The plastic fantastic beauty standard you overcompensating queens adhere to may not be as prevalent here but OP's claim is not only generalising but utter BS.

by Anonymousreply 3205/03/2013

OP you are so silly and stupid- everyonne knows it's because there are so many dikes in the Neatherlands and idiots (like those on DL) get confused and well... posts like yours start!

Agree with R32.

by Anonymousreply 3305/03/2013

I resent that remark!

by Anonymousreply 3405/03/2013

The drunk who disrupted the men's 100m at the London Olympics by throwing a beer bottle on the track behind Usain Bolt, picked the wrong day because he got his ass kicked by Edith Bosch, a dutch woman who was sitting beside him who also happened to be the world women's judo champion.

She tweeted (in Dutch): "A drunken spectator threw a bottle onto the track! I HAVE BEATEN HIM .... unbelievable."

See link for picture of unfortunate yob looking worse for wear after that dutch beatdown.

by Anonymousreply 3505/03/2013

Love her.

by Anonymousreply 3605/03/2013

Nothing Dykey about Dorothy Straaten,in fact she seems to me, although i am no expert on the matter, the most femininie acting Playboy Centrefold in history.It is all about being nice and graceful even in circumstances that do not make it easy to be so.

by Anonymousreply 3705/03/2013

French and Italian women are the most attractive and feminine Europeans.

by Anonymousreply 3805/03/2013

Better question: Why are Dutch people in general such assholes and racist?

by Anonymousreply 3905/04/2013

Another thing I can assure you, the Dutch , like the Germans, have no sense of humor. Generally unfunny.

by Anonymousreply 4005/04/2013

I can't believe nobody got OP's joke: using 'dykey' to describe 'dutch'. C'mon. It's funny.

by Anonymousreply 4105/04/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!