Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Kelly Clarkson "Mr Know It All"

OK, so I really like this song.

It occurred to me when listening to it today that if Kelly's personal life is in any way reflected in her music, then she's suffered more heartbreak to last 10 lifetimes. All of her songs are about heartbreak, breaking up, etc etc.

Who's the lucky (or unlucky) object of her inspiration for these songs? She's been singing about this break up for YEARS. My goodness enough Kelly, it's time for her to move on.

She's a cute girl, has a fabulous voice, there must be someone in her life.

So who's she dating?

Last I heard she was taking a dip in the lady pond with Reba McEntire.

Any new gossip on Kelly?

by Anonymousreply 7911/09/2012

What? She doesn't write most of her songs, does she? I know she didn't write this one because I found this: "Kelly Clarkson has chosen the Ester Dean-penned, Brian Kennedy-produced "Mr Know It All" as the official lead single from her fifth studio album "Stronger" so it wasn't written by her.

by Anonymousreply 112/06/2011

I thought she was a lesbian.

by Anonymousreply 312/06/2011

I really don't know if she writes most of her songs, but in the people article she does say that most of the men she sings about in her song aren't recent boyfriends.

OK, so they aren't recent bf's. But has she ever even had a "recent" BF at all? All this "boyfriend" talk in the interviews she gives is confusing to me.

Kelly won American Idol in 2002 when she was 20 years old. So it's like 2011 now and she's 29. Has she had a BF at all in the past 9 years? But all of her songs (like 80%) are about heartbreak.

by Anonymousreply 412/06/2011

She exudes the scent of nutloaf.

by Anonymousreply 512/06/2011

In this town there's only enough room for one big gal. Move it, toots!

by Anonymousreply 612/06/2011

I think she has had one or two boyfriends, but as far as I know they haven't been anything serious. She has said she has never been in love and doesn't date just to date. According to her, most of her songs are about relationships with family and friends.

by Anonymousreply 712/06/2011

She doesn't play the pronoun game or say that she dates in Europe--she flat out denies being a lesbian.

I like her but the song is pretty generic. I'd guess that she recorded it because people like that sound (acoustic yet dancey) and that her female fanbase like songs about empowerment. I really doubt that the subject matter reflects her own feelings.

by Anonymousreply 812/06/2011

"Mr. Know It All" is what she thinks about what the media has to say about her. She didn't write it, but I believe she picks songs based on how she thinks and feels.

She does deny being gay even when not asked about it. Sometimes it is the first thing out of her mouth. I don't know if she is or isn't, but she constantly feels the need to proclaim her heterosexuality.

by Anonymousreply 912/06/2011

Oh, thanks R9 I thought the song was about a boy. I didn't realize it was about the media.

by Anonymousreply 1012/06/2011

WOW What happened to her?

by Anonymousreply 1112/06/2011

She's defensive about it, but everybody thinks she's closeted.

by Anonymousreply 1212/06/2011

I think she is a real talent. American Idol really lucked out with her winning the first season. She has given the whole franchise legitimacy. As long as its possible the show can find another Kelly Clarkson, then the show has potential.

Remember how Justin Guarini almost won? LOL.

by Anonymousreply 1312/06/2011

I heard Kelly Clarkson say in a recent interview that she has been on a good number of bad dates recently.

One of the bad dates said to her "I cannot believe I am on a date with Kelly Clarkson".

Saying that put him in the category of a bad date - Kelly did not characterize why exactly - he saying that seemed to offend Kelly or she thought it was plain dumb or stupid or shallow.

I think Kelly Clarkson's voice is one of the best of all time - she is a fantastic singer and I really like her stage presence, charisma, personality, and persona.

I also love her recent love ballad duet song with Jason Aldean called 'Don't You Want to Stay'. Powerful and moving.

by Anonymousreply 1412/06/2011

Whatever it is, she ain't got it. No spark, her voice is not thrilling, she's fat.. and she's from "AI" so she's not a real star and never will be. None of those fake idiots from that show are.

by Anonymousreply 1512/06/2011

She was at a restaurant I worked in a few months ago. Before she ate, she sat at the bar with a few friends who were obviously lesbians. Despite being with lesbians, however, none of us thought she gave off a gay vibe at all. And we all adored her and were chatting with her. None of us listen to pop music, so we had no idea who she was until she pulled out her credit card to pay. She is a VERY BIG tipper, and completely adorable and sweet and funny, and, I'm willing to bet, STRAIGHT.

by Anonymousreply 1612/06/2011

She's a fat dyke.

by Anonymousreply 1712/06/2011

Her performance of this terrible song on the AMAs was all wrong, badly staged, and she sounded like shit. She has no presence.

by Anonymousreply 1812/06/2011

[quote]she sat at the bar with a few friends who were obviously lesbians ...

[quote]I'm willing to bet, STRAIGHT.

Bless your heart.

by Anonymousreply 1912/06/2011

R15, R18 who is the same person is repetitive and has a deep dislike of Kelly Clarkson.

He can never say enough bad and derogatory things about Kelly Clarkson whenever Kelly's name comes up.

He never misses an opportunity to rip her to shreds.

by Anonymousreply 2012/06/2011

I love R19.

by Anonymousreply 2112/06/2011

She's curvaceous.

And by the way, she said she's straight.

by Anonymousreply 2212/06/2011

Kelly says "I'M NOT GAY"

The outfit isn't helping.

by Anonymousreply 2312/06/2011

[quote]She is a VERY BIG tipper

Not a lesbian.

by Anonymousreply 2412/07/2011

[quote][R15], [R18] who is the same person is repetitive and has a deep dislike of Kelly Clarkson.

R15/R18 is Tamyra Gray.

by Anonymousreply 2512/07/2011

"Before she ate, she sat at the bar with a few friends who were obviously lesbians."

I don't think straight women hang around with friends in multiples who are lesbians. Just sayin...

by Anonymousreply 2612/07/2011

Has she ever denied being bi?

She may not be 100% gay but that girl ain't straight.

by Anonymousreply 2712/07/2011

I actually know that she is a lesbian (or at the very least, hooks up with girls and dates them). So, she could be bi. I run in certain circles with lesbians in LA who vouch for her being gay. One of my good friends also worked with her before she 'got famous'. Love her, BTW. However, she looks a bit rough and depressed. Saw her rehearse at the American Music Awards and she looked very sad and tired. I would still hit that in a hot second! ;-)

by Anonymousreply 2812/07/2011

R13 is correct.

by Anonymousreply 2912/07/2011

LOL, R24

by Anonymousreply 3012/07/2011

IMO, Kelly and Fantasia are far and away the best winners of AI. And along with Carrie Underwood, they appear to be the only winners who can maintain successful careers beyond their first album. I know it's popular to hate Fantasia on DL, but that girl can sang, and clearly she has a solid career in r'n'b that is never going to crossover to the mainstream.

by Anonymousreply 3112/07/2011

she's taking her cues from Wy Judd.

by Anonymousreply 3212/07/2011

She's sounding more Janis Joplin-y these days, not a bad thing at all, just quite different.

by Anonymousreply 3312/07/2011

I thought her performance at the Amas was brilliant...it showed how a good tune with a great melody can transcend genres...though the recording production is straight up r&b pop the performance was a country/swing hybrid that transformed the song and showed that her versatility....and I've never been a huge fan of hers but this raised her in my book and was apparently very well reviewed as well. Whoever dissed it is obviously just a hater.

by Anonymousreply 3412/07/2011

Funny - I always considered her to be completely non-sexual. She just seems very unsure of herself and very uninterested in any kind of sex IMHO.

by Anonymousreply 3612/07/2011

Food, R11.

by Anonymousreply 3712/07/2011

[R28] It is little things like that that make me think she is at the least bi. There are confirmations from people that aren't in the media but behind the scenes so it never really gets out. I agree that she seems depressed/ tired. I only see her in the media, but there is something about her that makes me think she is worn down.

She may not be the greatest singer to ever make music, but I think she has a great voice that is even better live. I haven't stopped listening to Stronger since I bought the cd. Her music isn't earth shattering or life changing so take it for what it is.

by Anonymousreply 3812/07/2011

R35, I don't work for datalounge. This is a gossip site, which means we post about gossip. You should get an ad blocker if you have ads running. I don't have any ads running on datalounge.

She's done well enough to last in the music industry for 9 years. That's not an easy task. She's obviously very talented.

R36, you could be on to something - she doesn't really have that sexual vibe come to think of it. She is very cute though.

by Anonymousreply 3912/07/2011

Well, if she wants four kids, she's gonna have to adopt, or fuck dick, to get them.

by Anonymousreply 4012/07/2011

Baby got back. Mmm.

by Anonymousreply 4112/07/2011

What r36 said.

by Anonymousreply 4212/07/2011

I like the new CD a lot. In fact, I listened to it last night when I was at the gym and was surprised by how many good songs there were.

by Anonymousreply 4312/07/2011

She does sing a song that addresses the rumors:

You can't win.

If you're straight why aren't you with someone?

If you're gay why aren't you waving a flag?

by Anonymousreply 4412/07/2011

R45. You're on the cusp of bringing out your paranoid inner-crazy. I don't think Kelly needs a publicist to promote her "I'M NOT GAY" junket on a gay gossip message board.

by Anonymousreply 4612/07/2011

I'm just saying that it seems weird that pop-up ads for her and no other singer are on this site and then at the same time, we get threads about her. Reeks of payola. Don't buy into it, she's dull and desperate for a hit since she hasn't had one in years!

by Anonymousreply 4712/07/2011

Douchebag alert at r46!

by Anonymousreply 4812/07/2011

R47 you don't know how ads work do you? Google knows that you're reading about Kelly. So they put up ads about her. It happens all the time. It has nothing to do with DL or Kelly Clarkson.

Say you're googling about looking to buy a car. You will then see ads pop up, most likely about the type of car you were looking into.

That's how ads work.

by Anonymousreply 4912/07/2011

Wow, R47's really dumb, isn't he?

by Anonymousreply 5012/07/2011

R50, maybe he's the poster R20 is referring to? Seems like he has a lot of hatred for Kelly Clarkson.

Say what you will R48/R47 etc - but you're the one who has done nothing but put someone down that you don't even know on this thread making fun of her weight. Now that's a generic douchebag move on your part.

So you don't like her music, that's totally cool, we all have our own opinions and taste, but why resort to all the unnecessary bashing of her appearance? I don't get it. Has she personally done anything to you that makes you upset?

by Anonymousreply 5112/07/2011

I think she's hot and I love her voice!

by Anonymousreply 5212/07/2011

You've been hurt, Kelly. This much is clear. Who hurt you?! WHO HURT YOU?!!

by Anonymousreply 5312/07/2011

I love this live version of her singing Mr. Know It All with Tristan & Kym from Dancing with the Stars dancing the rumba to it.

by Anonymousreply 5412/07/2011

I find her very attractive, but I am not sure I would if she was just some random person I saw out and about. I think her background singers are more attractive and they have good voices. Anyone know anything about them?

by Anonymousreply 5512/08/2011

yeah that girl right behind Kelly is beautiful. I'm surprised she'd hire gorgeous back-up singers. Wonder if that proves the Lesbian rumors? I bet Madonna wouldn't let a girl that pretty sing right behind her.

by Anonymousreply 5612/16/2011

WHET Justin Guarini?

Did Kelly eat him?

by Anonymousreply 5712/16/2011

This song is the most horribly overplayed piece of crap on the radio.

by Anonymousreply 5812/16/2011

Do you think Kelly and her back-up singer Kate are an item like Jonathan Jaxson speculates?

by Anonymousreply 5912/28/2011

She's STRAIGHT!!!

STRAIGHT I tell ya'll!!!!

by Anonymousreply 6012/28/2011

How would yo know if someone was straight, you're C. Aiken?? Haha!!

by Anonymousreply 6112/28/2011

She just tweeted "I love Ron Paul."

by Anonymousreply 6212/29/2011

Yep, Ms. Clarkson has created a firestorm on Twitter tonight by sticking her hoof in her big fat mouth. This is her full tweet:

""I love Ron Paul. I liked him a lot during the last republican nomination and no one gave him a chance. If he wins the nomination for the Republican party in 2012 he's got my vote. Too bad he probably won't."

In a follow-up tweet she wrote: "I am a Republican but I actually voted Democrat last election." I figured she's a Republican when she started associating herself with Republicunt Reba.

Clueless Kelly also tweeted: "I have never heard that Ron Paul is a racist or homophobe?" Followed by (re: marriage equality): "Ron Paul is about letting the people decide, not the government. I am for this."

Honestly my opinion of her has completely soured. She's either a bigot or a big idiot who doesn't even know much about the candidate she supports.

by Anonymousreply 6312/29/2011

Wow, I used to like her, but after those tweets I hate that cunt.

by Anonymousreply 6412/29/2011

If Kelly's a lesbian (as has been debated on DL), she must be terribly self-loathing.

by Anonymousreply 6512/29/2011

She's from Texas. I'm sure Kelly supported Bush in his two terms.

by Anonymousreply 6612/29/2011

I'm a pretty big Kelly fan.. okay, I LOVE her; have supported her and think she's down to earth and talented. I know for a FACT that she is likely a lesbian, or bi (she gets with other GIRLS). She must love and appreciate her gay fans...

This news makes me think she's pretty clueless and dumb. Hearing that she's a Republican is a disappointment and I agree with R65, it sounds like she is very troubled. The last time I saw her she looked as if she hadn't slept in several weeks. I have a feeling she will have a public meltdown sooner than later.

by Anonymousreply 6712/29/2011

Same, R67. I'm disappointed. I also agree with this: [quote]I think she is a real talent. American Idol really lucked out with her winning the first season. She has given the whole franchise legitimacy. As long as its possible the show can find another Kelly Clarkson, then the show has potential.

If she is a lesbian she has no support group to speak of.

by Anonymousreply 6812/29/2011

R67, any idea why no former partners/ hookups have come forward? Have you ever met anyone she has been with?

by Anonymousreply 6901/03/2012

Crappy song which never took off, rightfully so.

by Anonymousreply 7001/04/2012

She recently came out...

in support of Obama.

by Anonymousreply 7110/30/2012

Does she have a new single coming out after Darkside?

by Anonymousreply 7210/30/2012

r71, yup she is a Texas Republican and and said she would be voting for Obama - Again. She likes Obama, loves Ron Paul but not so into Mittens.

I can give her a pass on being Republican yet supporting Obama.

by Anonymousreply 7310/30/2012

Her new single came out, Don't Rush. I like it in the elevator-music type of way.

by Anonymousreply 7410/30/2012

She has a new song called "catch my breath" that I swear to god is a coming out song.

[Verse 1] I don't wanna be left behind Distance was a friend of mine Catching breath in a web of lies I've spent most of my life Riding waves, playing acrobat Shadowboxing the other half Learning how to react I've spent most of my time

[Pre-Chorus] Catching my breath, letting it go, turning my cheek for the sake of this show Now that you know, this is my life, I won't be told what's supposed to be right

[Chorus] Catch my breath, no one can hold me back, I ain't got time for that Catch my breath, won't let them let me down, it's all so simple now

[Verse 2] Addicted to the love I found Heavy heart, now a weightless cloud Making time for the ones that count I'll spend the rest of my time Laughing hard with the windows down Leaving footprints all over town Keeping faith when it comes around I will spent the rest of my life

[Pre-Chorus] Catching my breath, letting it go, turning my cheek for the sake of this show Now that you know, this is my life, I won't be told what's supposed to be right

[Chorus] Catch my breath, no one can hold me back, I ain't got time for that Catch my breath, won't let them let me down, it's all so simple now

[Middle] You helped me see The beauty in everything

[Pre-Chorus x2] Catching my breath, letting it go, turning my cheek for the sake of this show Now that you know, this is my life, I won't be told what's supposed to be right

(Catch my breath)

[Chorus] Catch my breath, no one can hold me back, I ain't got time for that Catch my breath, won't let them let me down, it's all so simple now (it's all so simple now)

by Anonymousreply 7510/30/2012

That's a pretty vaque song, r75.

by Anonymousreply 7610/30/2012

R76 . . . not sure if sarcasm . . .

by Anonymousreply 7710/30/2012

Isn't she getting married to Reba's son or something?

by Anonymousreply 7810/30/2012

So, did we decide if this is a coming out song at R75? (I posted it. Still curious.)

by Anonymousreply 7911/09/2012
Need more help? Click Here.