Since 1995

Angela Merkel

What say you?

by Anonymousreply 12707/19/2014

Ziggie Heil.

by Anonymousreply 111/29/2011

FRAU!

by Anonymousreply 211/29/2011

Ironic that the pivotal figure poised in a last-ditch effort to save capitalism is an East German.

by Anonymousreply 311/30/2011

Beautiful, like a butterfly.

by Anonymousreply 411/30/2011

Smarter than you will ever be, OP. While you're trying to start shit anonymously on a website, she's busy running Europe. As you were, dummy.

by Anonymousreply 511/30/2011

Wie ein Schmetterling...

by Anonymousreply 611/30/2011

Ich bin ein hausfrau!

by Anonymousreply 711/30/2011

[quote]Ich bin ein hausfrau!

Correct would be "Ich bin eine Hausfrau!". But thanks for playing, even if your joke falls flat.

by Anonymousreply 811/30/2011

I think she's doing quite well and has the right idea about how to sort out the euro mess.

by Anonymousreply 911/30/2011

She's doing a terrible job and history will judge her so.

by Anonymousreply 1011/30/2011

Gay icon!

by Anonymousreply 1111/30/2011

r5 = loon

by Anonymousreply 1311/30/2011

She is doing a good job in a terrible situation.

If Merkel was in power when the Euro was created, Greece and Portugal would be left out until they got their finances in order and Europe would not be in this mess today.

by Anonymousreply 1411/30/2011

You do understand that she's a Right winger, right, hell bent on repealing gay marriage?

by Anonymousreply 1511/30/2011

Repealing?! Gay marriage has yet to be legalized in Germany!

by Anonymousreply 1611/30/2011

R15 Germany, in spite of its history of rounding up thousands of Gay Germans and murdering them in Concentration Camps, still considers Gays second class citizens.

by Anonymousreply 1711/30/2011

Angela Merkel is the antichrist. Seriously.

If you live in Europe you know this.

by Anonymousreply 1811/30/2011

It does not, r17.

Stop imposing what's wrong with America on us.

by Anonymousreply 1911/30/2011

r15, the right-wing in Germany equals the Democratic party of the US.

We don't have something like the Republican party in this country, nor any Christian fundamentalists, nor a society rooted in Puritanism.

What we do have is an openly gay Vice-Chancellor, the second most powerful politician in the country, who speaks with a distinctly gay voice, is married to a man, and works together with Merkel every single day.

Where in US politics (past and present) have you had something comparable to that?

by Anonymousreply 2011/30/2011

It's all about capitalism. Merkel is the messiah of money!

by Anonymousreply 2111/30/2011

What R14 said -- AM doesn't suffer fools or cunning little swarthy types gladly.

by Anonymousreply 2211/30/2011

I believe Mrs Patrick Campbell has some style tips for her.

by Anonymousreply 2311/30/2011

Greedy capitalist who bosses the other EU countries around, but then again. the Germans are good at that! On the other hand she's a success story. She was born and raised in East Germany. I have a soft spot for people who lived in that giant prison known as the Warsaw Pact.

by Anonymousreply 2411/30/2011

Compared to the US Congress, Merkel is a radical left winger.

"U.S. Supports Iran in Rejecting Gay Rights Organizations at the UN" (LINK)

.....release from a few years ago.

by Anonymousreply 2511/30/2011

Hey R8: How many people did *your* family kill in the war?

by Anonymousreply 2611/30/2011

[quote]Where in US politics (past and present) have you had something comparable to that?

You have a lot of nerve, fucking kraut.

by Anonymousreply 2711/30/2011

Germany is light years ahead of the USA politically and socially.

by Anonymousreply 2811/30/2011

I have to agree, R28. And I'm Dutch!

by Anonymousreply 2911/30/2011

r27 is out of arguments, so he's going down with xenophobia. How typical.

For your information, I'm openly gay and would have been in Auschwitz.

I'm entitled to call it as I see it.

Americans have no business whatsoever criticizing liberal Germany when their own society is a pit of homophobia and insanity.

by Anonymousreply 3011/30/2011

Berlin and Hamburg - the two biggest cities in Germany - have had openly gay mayors, each for over a decade.

Munich, our third biggest city, is currently run by a coalition of social democrats and a local gay party ("the pink party", or some such).

Chew on that, r27!

Get back to me when New York, Chicago and Los Angeles serve up something similar.

by Anonymousreply 3111/30/2011

You tell 'em r30!

by Anonymousreply 3211/30/2011

New York City, for all Americans hype it, would be comparable the most anti-gay cities in Western Europe.

It makes it hard to say USA! #1 USA! #1 ....well unless you are a Gun toting, Country Music lovin', heterosexual Republican.

by Anonymousreply 3311/30/2011

This is Germany's next Kanzlerin. She puts Angie, Maggie, Hillary, and all the others to shame.

by Anonymousreply 3411/30/2011

[italic][R15], the right-wing in Germany equals the Democratic party of the US.[/italic]

Does not, and put that stupid meme to rest. European Right wingers are more dangerous than any Republican in the US, and here we're talking about a fucking German! Europeans love Fascism. Germans still believe that Jews control too much in a poll two years ago.

by Anonymousreply 3511/30/2011

Oh dear, somebody forgot to take their meds today...

by Anonymousreply 3711/30/2011

R35 Clearly you have no idea about Germany and its politics.

And R36 is the role model of enlightend tolerance.

You Americans should finally wake up to the important matters on hand. Like the world climate. Your way of using energy will sooner or later kill the whole world population. That's 7 billion right now. But as long as you don't have to air-dry your undies out of fear your neighbours might think you are low class, you're still able to drive your huge cars for 200 yards to go to the gym and use heeps of styrofoam tableware because you've got no culture at all, you choose to ignore it. There is a German saying: Clean in front of your door first.

by Anonymousreply 3811/30/2011

Clitler.

by Anonymousreply 3911/30/2011

"Clean in front of your door first"

What is that saying about 70 years old maximum? At work, unfortunately, I work with quite a few Germans. They are just the most irritating people to be around. They are rude and humorless. Whenever they look you you can just sense they're daydreaming of delousing you.

All of us here now have a complete understanding of how the holocaust could happen in Germany.

by Anonymousreply 4011/30/2011

R40 You live out prejudices. Antisemitism is basically having prejudices, too. So, explain again how are you better than we Germans?

by Anonymousreply 4111/30/2011

"So, explain again how are you better than we Germans?"

Poor Germans still see themselves as the victim yet very much superior. I love the dichotomy of it all.

by Anonymousreply 4211/30/2011

No-one said a word about Germans being victims. I spoke up agains stupid, uneducated prejudices and the need to finally mentally arrive in modern times.

BTW America itself turned under George W. Bush into a fascistic state undetected by most of its population, because a huge entertainmend industry feeds you with distraction. So be careful who judges whom here. When someone lives within a regime, he might not see what the outside sees. It happened to us, but it happened to you, too.

by Anonymousreply 4311/30/2011

So how did this turn into the "American have no fucking clue how the rest of the world works" thread?

by Anonymousreply 4411/30/2011

R44 is stating the obvious.

The majority of Americans, having no clue about the world around them, is a common part of many general conversions. Sort of like talking about the weather.

by Anonymousreply 4511/30/2011

[quote]Get back to me when New York, Chicago and Los Angeles serve up something similar.

Houston, the fourth largest city, has an out lesbian mayor. Dallas County, home to the 9th largest city, has an out lesbian sheriff. And that's just in Texas, which is one of the more reactionary states. It will be a while before we have an out gay serving in a position comparable to vice chancellor, but we're not totally backward here.

by Anonymousreply 4611/30/2011

Does this mean we can blame R42 for the Civil War?

by Anonymousreply 4711/30/2011

r35, r36 and r40 sound far more fascist than the windmills they are railing against.

by Anonymousreply 4811/30/2011

There R47 goes with the predictable false equivalencies again.

Anyone wanna takes bets on how long it is before Germany tries to start another exterminatory war of annihilation?

by Anonymousreply 4911/30/2011

r36/r49 is a Paranoid Schizophrenic. Webbie, delete this lunatic!

by Anonymousreply 5011/30/2011

r49 you've obviously never spent any time in Germany.

FYI, Germany is outlawing the NPD as we speak (NPD = a neo-nazi fringe party in Germany).

Why wasn't the NPD outlawed to begin with? Because after 1945, Germany didn't want to be that same totalitarian state it had been in the 1930s. Anyone should have a right to form a party, even unwelcome (read: undemocratic) elements of society. Quite in contrast to the GDR and Eastern Europe.

HOWEVER, unlike the Weimar Republic, the new German state constituted itself as a 'defensive democracy', meaning it *would* eliminate the enemies of democracy, if those acted up again.

In the last 12 months, the NPD has started terrorising public life in Germany, and consequently they are being dealt with now.

In other words, we have a robust democracy. Something that cannot be said about the US these days.

by Anonymousreply 5111/30/2011

[quote][R35], [R36] and [R40] sound far more fascist than the windmills they are railing against.

Yup. They just can't hear themselves.

After the shame of eight years of GWB, and idiots like Caine and Palin owning the national political scene, really, who are we to bitch about other western countries?

by Anonymousreply 5211/30/2011

SATURDAY NIGHT LIVE a few weeks ago cut out a bit with Emma Stone as Merkel and Jason Sudeikis as Berlusconi. In it Berlusconi sang "To All The Girls I've Loved Before" and Merkel joined him in a duet and she tried to make out with him. It wasn't performed in the live telecast, just the invited dress rehearsal run-through. Emma Stone can sing!

by Anonymousreply 5311/30/2011

R15, you do realize that her party is to the left of her coalition partner, who was headed by an out and proud homosexual, don't you?

by Anonymousreply 5411/30/2011

Why oh why can't we just start to be nicer to each other? Would that be too much to ask in this time of grave incivility? I for one, would welcome a bit of kindness and wit. Charming is in. Bitchiness is OUT!!

by Anonymousreply 5511/30/2011

Dear Gay Germans: please don't misinterpret the truly unhinged rantings of two unmedicated homosexuals with the opinions of us all.

Most Americans realize that 2011 Germans bear no more responsibility for the Nazis than 2011 Americans do for the Spanish-American war.

And we love the fact that Berlin has a gay mayor.

That is all.

by Anonymousreply 5611/30/2011

Germans are "born guilty", as a German acquaintance once told me.

by Anonymousreply 5711/30/2011

[quote]Get back to me when New York, Chicago and Los Angeles serve up something similar.

New York has had two gay mayors: Bloomberg and Koch.

by Anonymousreply 5811/30/2011

In Datalounge 1946 R43 would be typing:

"I swear they were roasting chickens. Nobody knew."

by Anonymousreply 5911/30/2011

No, but you do have Muslim fundies R20.

by Anonymousreply 6011/30/2011

R51, "robust democracies" don't find it necessary to outlaw parties and symbols out of fear that their untrustworthy citizens will get swept into the vortex.

Here in the U. S., we rely on ridicule.

by Anonymousreply 6411/30/2011

POWERFRAU

Anyway, Germany may have bad gay people in positions of power, but it still is a horrible place to be a racial/ethnic minority. They're not as overt as in the NAZI days but it's definitely there.

by Anonymousreply 6511/30/2011

No R63, you're a racist jackass because you're making brainless generalizations about an entire fucking group of people from a country that you've clearly never set foot in. Most of whom were born decades after the Nazis were in power. And you sound crazier than Anders Breivik.

So, yeah, "racist piece of shit" seems self-evident.

by Anonymousreply 6611/30/2011

Looks like I touched a nerve.

I'd apologize... but Eichmann never did. So why should I?

by Anonymousreply 6711/30/2011

No apology necessary, really. One of the definitions of insanity is having no sense of morals.

by Anonymousreply 6811/30/2011

r61 is mentally ill.

by Anonymousreply 7011/30/2011

[italic]Looks like I touched a nerve.[/italic]

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!

[italic]And why would I need to set foot in Germany to know what a fucked up country it is?[/italic]

Okay, now you're getting flagged, loon!

by Anonymousreply 7111/30/2011

[italic]New York has had two gay mayors: Bloomberg and Koch.[/italic]

lol.

by Anonymousreply 7211/30/2011

[italic][R15], you do realize that her party is to the left of her coalition partner,[/italic]

Huh?

She hates gays, and is against abortion. She's a Christian fundie. Get lost!

by Anonymousreply 7311/30/2011

[quote]I've read plenty on the topic. Interested to know what you've read.

Ooooooookay. You've read a dozen books on German history up to 1945, which makes you an self-appointed "expert" on 2011 Germany. Because nothing has really changed in Europe in the last 60+ years. Cold war, Marshall Plan, reunification, collapse of Communism, completely irrelevant. You're still mentally camped out in the Furhrerbunker.

Hope that your SS benefits will someday pay for plane fare so you can travel to Europe, so you can see for your own eyes that it's not 1945 anymore.

by Anonymousreply 7411/30/2011

I think we should think twice before we ever praise any German Administrator.

German efficiency led to WW II

by Anonymousreply 7511/30/2011

I'd move to Germany! I love it there, spent several years there. Any naysayers are just cracked!

by Anonymousreply 7611/30/2011

The Germans have been very smart about the kind of manufacturing they do. They pay good wages to workers and have good benefits by keeping very skilled manufacturing jobs.

That is a strange photo. She was probably just calling on someone at a news conference, but it looks like she is giving the Nazi salute.

by Anonymousreply 7711/30/2011

I find it hysterical that Americans whose country lags on place 17 on The Global Gender Gap 2011 Rankings would make fun of a country that has a female leader who is widely respected for her stable leadership during turbulent times.

Trying to stir up the whole "Germans are Nazis" with the silly photo is childish and tacky; two traits Americans are known for. Being ignorant about its own past is another: don't Americans know how many people they have butchered? Though Americans have been wise enough to shed blood on foreign soil all in "the name of freedom", undoubtedly.

The idiotic comments on this board, which I assume to be somewhat representative of the average American, make me think how doomed the US really is.

t

by Anonymousreply 7812/01/2011

R61 If the 'Herrenvolk' shit is in our blood, so it is in the American blood. 30 percent of the Americans of today are of German descent. Now I'm scared! (And it explains why you obviously believe, that the American way is the only way for the whole world. You need your oil. No matter what. The Nazis 'needed' land. Well, it seems you're right after all. *is shocked* *warning: irony from an, of course, humorless German*)

FYI after WWII the western part of Germany underwent a thorough phase of processing its history. The eastern part never did this. They were immediately forced to live in a communist regime. After the reunification those unsolved matters remained within the society. So certain right tendencies could survive and are dealt with today. Ignorant, uneducated, narrow-minded people tend to pick a weak person that is different by their own definition to bash it to feel superior. A concept you are clearly familiar with!

Many European countries didn't deal with their own Nazi past, because it was so easy to use the Germans as sole scapegoat. Check the election results of The Netherlands, Italy, France etc.

And finally just a few examples of American politics. You were very quick to imprison Americans with Japanese roots during WWII. You never really overcame your racial apartheid till today and you use racial scanners for 'security' reasons. Clearly, every muslim must be a terrorist. It's an ancient concept. The word for this during the Nazi regime was 'Sippenhaft'.

by Anonymousreply 7912/01/2011

R39 wins!! W&W

by Anonymousreply 8012/01/2011

The Americans needed land too, thats why we killed the indians or moved them off their land R79

by Anonymousreply 8112/01/2011

What R79 said. I'd also like to point out that because of their Nazi past, Germany does NOT fuck around with neofascists. In contrast, in the US we ignore extreme rightwing terrorists to an alarming degree.

by Anonymousreply 8212/01/2011

Every country has a lunatic neo-fascist fringe.

Our unhinged poster really makes no sense.

And like the US, Germany also just ridicules them -- as long as they don't go round murdering people. Which is what they do now (in Germany) - and consequently, the "ridiculing phase" is over. Now they will be banned, and jailed. As they should be.

by Anonymousreply 8312/01/2011

[quote]The idiotic comments on this board, which I assume to be somewhat representative of the average American, make me think how doomed the US really is.

Too true, too, too true.

by Anonymousreply 8412/01/2011

Why is it that whenever Germany is mentioned on this board a bunch of idiots (or is it just the same one?) come out screaming about the war, Nazis, genocide. That really has very little to do with today, and Angela Merkel is the Chancellor of today's Germany. The idiots going on about the war and the Nazis are no different from idiots who go on about how the early settlers in the US killed off the native Americans or an idiot who thinks today's US is just like the southern States of the Jim Crow era (although, I admit, there is more of a similarity between today's US and that period than there is between today's Germany and the 1940s - perhaps that's why the idiots are getting confused).

Not to mention, these idiots have a very superficial understanding not just of today's Germany but of the war.

by Anonymousreply 8512/01/2011

Actually, I think the 'idiots' have hit the nail on the head, more or less. Which is why there has been such a defensive reaction to the good points that have been laid down thus far.

Germany remains a scary place today.

And yes, I have visited Germany three times. And no, I have not opined on this subject matter up to this point.

by Anonymousreply 8612/01/2011

The USA is far more scary than Germany, today.

by Anonymousreply 8712/01/2011

r86, please elaborate if you make such a point. What about Germany scared you while visiting here?

I find the hatred of dissent in America very scary. The "you're with us, or against us" mentality. See - I can specify what bugs me about your society.

Your turn.

by Anonymousreply 8812/01/2011

R86 Would you please care to explain why Germany is so 'scary'? It can't be, that we are able to walk our streets without the fear of being shot? We are the no. 1 immigration country in Europe, we allow mosques to be build, the Jewish communities are thriving, so what scared you? Your imagination?

Of course there are always some ignorant hardliners, but even the recent Nazi groups in East Germany R83 was talking about, are approx. 6,000 people. In a country of 82,000,0000. Our politicians, and these are the elected representatives by a vast majority, are lead by a woman (Mrs. Merkel is NOT anti-abortion or anti-gay BTW), a gay foreign minister, an adopted Vietnamese vice-chancellor and a handicapped minister of finance. Sounds tolerant and not terrifying to me, sorry.

by Anonymousreply 8912/01/2011

Germany is a scary place, but nothing nearly as freaky-scary, as the USA is.

by Anonymousreply 9012/01/2011

And why, r90, is Germany a scary place? Because people work hard? Or what? Because we don't drop litter on the streets, and because our infrastructure is well maintained? Yeah, that's scary.

Contrary to popular belief there is no blind following of orders in German society.

We don't drop litter on our streets because we like it clean, not because someone else is telling us to do so.

After WWII, we are very distrustful of authority and pied-piper type leaders. GWB could never have been elected here.

We recently forced our Secretary of Defense out of office, because it was revealed he had plagiarized his PhD. In other words, Germans are vigilant about those passing down laws.

You should do the same with your leaders, instead of perpetuating stereotypes about other nations.

by Anonymousreply 9112/01/2011

Although I agree that that some of the xenophobia is a bit much, I am also sick of the Europe is paradise/USA is a shithole rhetoric. Yes, there are states in this country that are unpleasant to gays. Even the worst of them are light years better than Africa, the Muslim world, and possibly even Eastern Europe.

On the other hand, I can get married in 6 states and DC. How many places in Germany could I get married in? And BTW, Westerwelle is NOT married. It isn't legal in Germany. The last time it came up in your legislature it got shot down.

by Anonymousreply 9212/01/2011

The irony is, Germany is still a Fascist state, locking up anyone with a different point of view. The Fuehrer would be proud.

I don't buy Germany = WWII. That's baloney. It's been sparked by one loon on here who's admittedly never stepped foot in the country. They're unhinged, and actually proclaim that there's no reason to actually go and see it for themselves before trashing it.

The US is not scarier than Germany. What are you basing that on?

Europeans don't get Free Speech. They've been conditioned to go along with the government no matter what. Dissent is next to none in their countries. They have no problem with government spying, or surveillance cameras on every street corner because if you have nothing to hide, you have no reason to worry. These aren't my opinions. Europeans have been polled constantly. You will never have an ACLU in Europe. Europe has always been backwards, which is why America was set up. The US is not perfect, but it has liberties that are light years ahead of Europe and beyond. Europe wishes to live in this PC utopia. Ain't gonna happen. If I want to call the Catholic Church a kiddy fucker organization, I should be allowed to do so without the fear of being prosecuted for hate speech.

by Anonymousreply 9312/01/2011

[italic]30 percent of the Americans of today are of German descent.[/italic]

17%, hon. Stop pulling "facts" out of your prolapsed anus.

by Anonymousreply 9412/01/2011

Legal nitpicking aside, German gays 'feel' married and wear rings (yes, Westerwelle too) after enrolling at the civil registry office.

by Anonymousreply 9512/01/2011

"collapse of Communism"

When did this happen?

by Anonymousreply 9612/01/2011

[italic]I find it hysterical that Americans whose country lags on place 17 on The Global Gender Gap 2011 Rankings would make fun of a country that has a female leader who is widely respected for her stable leadership during turbulent times.[/italic]

Merkel's ratings are in the toilet. She's as popular as George Bush right now.

She's on her "multiculturalism is a failure" tour, and won't speak out against Iran, and it's failure to recognize Israel. She was put on the spot about this, and went around in circles.

by Anonymousreply 9712/01/2011

R93 Please, give me ONE example for German authorities locking up someone, because he expressed his opinion? I dare you. You? Guantanamo. Nuff said.

R94 You should check something else than Wikipedia, hon.

You have clearly no idea what is going on in Europe. Or America FWIW. People from the bible belt calling George W. their - and I quote - 'Leader sent by God'. Lots and lots of crazy people. Oh, and I lived in the States. I am able to compare. Hon.

by Anonymousreply 9912/01/2011

Legal nitpicking aside, California gays have practically all the rights of marriage save the name, thanks to Prop 8. So what's the big deal? If there really isn't a difference, than why is PM Cameron pushing for it in the UK when Sir Elton and other British gays are already "married"?

"Feeling" married isn't being married. German gays aren't willing to fight for complete equality for whatever reason. Maybe the memory of Paragraph 175 still sticks in their minds and they're afraid to try to push for too much. That's certainly their right, but don't try to whitewash it, and don't attack others who aren't willing to settle for less.

by Anonymousreply 10012/01/2011

R98 Yeah, right, an Israeli newspaper is the neutral source we need in this discussion.

To me you are a troll and I won't answer anymore. Hate along, have a good hatefilled life. Hon.

by Anonymousreply 10112/01/2011

[italic][R93] Please, give me ONE example for German authorities locking up someone, because he expressed his opinion?[/italic]

Ernst Zundel

Section 130 Agitation of the People

(1) Whoever, in a manner that is capable of disturbing the public peace:

1. incites hatred against segments of the population or calls for violent or arbitrary measures against them; or

2. assaults the human dignity of others by insulting, maliciously maligning, or defaming segments of the population,

shall be punished with imprisonment from three months to five years.

(2) Whoever:

1. with respect to writings (Section 11 subsection (3)), which incite hatred against segments of the population or a national, racial or religious group, or one characterized by its folk customs, which call for violent or arbitrary measures against them, or which assault the human dignity of others by insulting, maliciously maligning or defaming segments of the population or a previously indicated group:

a) disseminates them;

b) publicly displays, posts, presents, or otherwise makes them accessible;

c) offers, gives or makes accessible to a person under eighteen years; or

(d) produces, obtains, supplies, stocks, offers, announces, commends, undertakes to import or export them, in order to use them or copies obtained from them within the meaning of numbers a through c or facilitate such use by another; or

2. disseminates a presentation of the content indicated in number 1 by radio,

shall be punished with imprisonment for not more than three years or a fine.

(3) Whoever publicly or in a meeting approves of, denies or renders harmless an act committed under the rule of National Socialism of the type indicated in Section 220a subsection (1), in a manner capable of disturbing the public piece shall be punished with imprisonment for not more than five years or a fine.

(4) Subsection (2) shall also apply to writings (Section 11 subsection (3)) with content such as is indicated in subsection (3).

(5) In cases under subsection (2), also in conjunction with subsection (4), and in cases of subsection (3), Section 86 subsection (3), shall apply correspondingly.

by Anonymousreply 10212/01/2011

[italic][R94] You should check something else than Wikipedia, hon.

You have clearly no idea what is going on in Europe. Or America FWIW. People from the bible belt calling George W. their - and I quote - 'Leader sent by God'. Lots and lots of crazy people. Oh, and I lived in the States. I am able to compare. Hon.[/italic]

German-Americans are 17% of the country, you dumbfuck. It's the US Census Bureau.

People from the Bible Belt call George W. Bush their leader sent by god -- So? They're a small minority of the country.

Every country has its morons. How many years did you live in the United States, and what years? Why were you living there?

by Anonymousreply 10312/01/2011

[italic][R98] Yeah, right, an Israeli newspaper is the neutral source we need in this discussion.[/italic]

You're outing yourself, hon. The Israeli newspaper didn't do the poll. Your own country did. Man, you truly are stupid.

by Anonymousreply 10412/01/2011

Funny how the new anti-German troll sounds exactly like the old anti-German troll...

by Anonymousreply 10512/01/2011

...and twice as crazy.

by Anonymousreply 10612/01/2011

If anyone is conditioned to hate dissent, and to blindly agree with their leaders, it's the US public.

How preposterous to suggest Europeans are like that.

We have a discerning press over here, you have corporate-controlled non-news.

by Anonymousreply 10712/01/2011

R98, wonder if there are studies such as this for the USA. It would make an interesting comparative.

by Anonymousreply 10812/01/2011

"[R98] Yeah, right, an Israeli newspaper is the neutral source we need in this discussion. "

Yeah who let those filthy subhumans own a typewriter. I thought we took all of those when we took their gold teeth.

by Anonymousreply 10912/01/2011

R104 OK, against my initial decision I'm going to add one last thing.

What I miss in the Isreali newspaper are the polls from other countries, like R108 said. One poll without any comparing numbers is worthless. Neutral news coverage looks different. Clearly, even a hatefilled mind like yours is able to see it?

The concept of a 'strong leader' is not alien to Americans. You've got your President. And you follow him no matter what. After the lying, manipulative Nixon died your country put the flags on half-mast for four weeks. And people said, they mourned him, because he was a 'patriot'. (I've been there, I saw it myself.) This blind patriotism is nothing you'll find within a majority of the Germans of today. Nationalism was exorcised quiet thoroughly. We don't tend to follow out of masshysteria anymore. I.e. the last Iran war. The US lied about Saddam's supposed massdestruction weapons and suddenly many countries, like the UK, followed blindly into a war based on lies. Our then chancellor Gerhard Schroeder didn't obey and we were put under a lot of pressure from the US. (Remember those ridiculous 'freedom fries', because the French objected too?) This is the German attitude of today. Anyone assuming, that Germany would start another war is deranged.

The Bible Belt a small minority?! Please, your whole country is rooted in puritanism of the fundamentalistic kind combined with blind nationalism. People like this make this stupid Sarah Palin possible. You should realize, that the whole world starts to get affraid of the US seeing such political excrescences.

BTW your argument, that Germany is still a fascitic state, because Zuendel was prosecuted is rich. He denies the Holocaust. The paragraphs you quote is our law against sedition (Volksverhetzung). We installed it, so that people got no chance to repeat Nazi slogans unharmed. So by your logic, locking away a fascist denying the Holocaust is fascistic? You have to decide what you hate.

R109 Oh boy. You're not even worth an answer.

by Anonymousreply 11012/02/2011

Actually, r86, the idiots are talking bollocks, just as you are.

R97, Merkel's ratings aren't in the toilet, she's the second-most popular politicians, on 42%, after opposition leader Steinbrueck on 45%. Considering she's been Chancellor for the past six years and during an extremely difficult period, she's doing very well. And, her party is still the most popular party.

And, she's not complaining about "multiculturalism" but against the particular Green party-leftist version known as "multi kulti".

Funny this board, so many ignorant comments from idiots who know nothing about Europe yet who so vociferously comment on it. On the one hand you trash us for letting the Muslims take over on the other you damn us all as racists who are against "multiculturalism". At least we don't have giant national flags hanging all over the place, even in shopping malls.

by Anonymousreply 11112/02/2011

Merkel is a terrible person, who repeatedly votes against the Gay community.

History is going to fry her!

Her anti-gay political actions will be her legacy.

The German Anne Coulter.

by Anonymousreply 11212/08/2012

Found in Wikipedia:

Merkel's father studied theology in Heidelberg and, afterwards, in Hamburg. In 1954 her father received a pastorate at the church in Quitzow (near Perleberg in Brandenburg), which then was in East Germany, and the family moved to Templin. Thus Merkel grew up in the countryside 80 km (50 mi) north of Berlin. Gerd Langguth, a former senior member of Merkel's Christian Democratic Union, states in his book[11] that the family's ability to travel freely from East to West Germany during the following years, as well as their possession of two automobiles, leads to the conclusion that Merkel's father had a "sympathetic" relationship with the communist regime, since such freedom and perquisites for a Christian pastor and his family would have been otherwise impossible in East Germany.

Like most pupils, Merkel was a member of the official, Socialist-led youth movement Free German Youth (FDJ). However, she did not take part in the secular coming of age ceremony Jugendweihe, which was common in East Germany, and was confirmed instead. Later, at the Academy of Sciences, she became a member of the FDJ district board and secretary for "Agitprop" (Agitation and Propaganda). Merkel herself claimed that she was secretary for culture. When Merkel's onetime FDJ district chairman contradicted her, she insisted that: "According to my memory, I was secretary for culture. But what do I know? I believe I won't know anything when I'm 80."[12] Merkel's progress in the compulsory Marxism-Leninism course was graded only genügend (sufficient, passing grade) in 1983 and 1986.[13]

by Anonymousreply 11312/08/2012

So a former FDJ Secretary, Merkel is trained in using "Agitprop" to get anti-gay Germans to vote for her? How Third Reich like.

by Anonymousreply 11412/08/2012

Mbump

by Anonymousreply 11507/15/2014

I hate that fascist bitch who is ruining Europe single handedly. She's wrong wrong wrong about everything.

by Anonymousreply 11607/16/2014

Happy 60th Birthday, Frau Merkel!

by Anonymousreply 11707/17/2014

R28 is correct.

The USA is in historic decline. Give me Germany any day.

by Anonymousreply 11807/17/2014

I wear a cup !

by Anonymousreply 11907/17/2014

R12

Go back to you trailer park, you hick!

by Anonymousreply 12007/17/2014

Europe gladly accepts domination by the Germans.

by Anonymousreply 12107/17/2014

R12 died in 2012, R120. Spooky, no?

by Anonymousreply 12207/17/2014

Why don't the dumb gay Germans fight and protest to get someone pro-gay elected?

by Anonymousreply 12307/17/2014

Dykier than the Netherlands in spring.

by Anonymousreply 12407/17/2014

[quote]Why don't the dumb gay Germans fight and protest to get someone pro-gay elected?

WHAT?

by Anonymousreply 12507/19/2014

Lesbian icon.

by Anonymousreply 12607/19/2014

Sally Bowles has not aged well.

by Anonymousreply 12707/19/2014
Need more help? Click Here.