Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Sexual Late Bloomers

I killed time by spending a few years barking up the wrong tree. In retrospect, I should have wondered why sex never seemed like an urgent priority.

Are you, were you, or have you ever known anyone that took a little longer to get laid?

by Anonymousreply 2411/25/2012

Ba bump

by Anonymousreply 111/30/2011

How long counts as a little longer to get laid? What age?

by Anonymousreply 211/30/2011

I am. 31 and waiting. I'm gay in rather conservative place. Hard to come across other gay ppl. But am willing-)

by Anonymousreply 311/30/2011

[quote]conservative place

Oh, honey - all you need to do is hang out at the local park or Sears restroom and you'll get laid in no time.

by Anonymousreply 411/30/2011

I was a virgin until 28 when I finally had sex with a guy. Had done some making out/heavy petting with a couple girls in college but of course it never went anywhere.

I'd been deeply repressed, didn't start to come out until I was 25. Also generally a very shy person, and dealt with a lot of self-image problems from being overweight throughout my teens and 20s. After that experience, over the next 5 years or so I probably had sex with 7-8 men.

I'm 39 now and happily partnered the last 5 years. Now that I'm in much better shape and generally more confident about myself, I sometimes regret that I never got to have a big gay slut phase. But I wouldn't sacrifice my wonderful partner for an experience I think would ultimately be empty.

by Anonymousreply 511/30/2011

I thought I was a late-bloomer because I didn't have sex with a man until I was 19 (except for fooling around, including cocksucking, with a couple of guys when I was about 12).

And I had sex with women a few times between 19 and 22, but didn't much like it.

When I was 27 and became a big slut, I'd only had sex with half a dozen men a few times each, and had had two bfs, neither of which lasted more than a few months.

I still think I was late, compared with the people I knew, who were much more sexually active than I was and much more comfortable with picking up people and with casually having no-strings sex with acquaintances.

I didn't know how to get it started, and always assumed if a guy didn't make the first move on me, he wasn't interested.

Later I was told by two different people they did everything they could to get in my pants and I seemed not interested. The truth was I would have given almost anything to have had sex with either of them, and one of them I was seriously infatuated with, but I just thought he was being a nice guy when he always so friendly to me.

by Anonymousreply 611/30/2011

Nobody waited until 50?

by Anonymousreply 711/30/2011

You ever met a guy in his 30s, 40s, 50s, etc. stil ln the closet? What were they like? Weird?

by Anonymousreply 811/30/2011

I think most of these 'late bloomers' are guys who can't come to grips with their homosexuality. The whole 'waiting' thing is a decoy.

by Anonymousreply 911/30/2011

I don't see anything wrong with being a "late bloomer."

It seems the norm these days for kids to start fucking and sucking when they're only 13 or 14 years old. What person that age can handle the responsibilites of a sex life? What the hell do 13 or 14 year olds know about AIDS or other diseases? What do they know about contraception or how to keep from being taken advantage of by creeps? It's sad to think that kids that age are having sex; they just aren't ready for it psychologically.

by Anonymousreply 1011/30/2011

I didn't have sex with a man until I was 29. I didn't fool around with someone before that either.

I grew up in a religious family in a small town. I was also very shy and reticent. I knew I was gay but I believed I had to be celibate if I wanted to continue practicing my faith.

I eventually moved away from my town and my family to a big city and came to terms with my sexuality. I ditched my religion (which I was never really convinced about anyway), and eventually met a wonderful man. 15 years later and we're still together.

by Anonymousreply 1111/30/2011

didn't fool around with someone before that either = didn't fool around with WOMEN before that either.

by Anonymousreply 1211/30/2011

I didn't enter my first real relationship (1 year) wasn't until I was 28 and I'm now 30! He was younger, but we were equally immature when it came to dating/expectations. Also, my relationships (4 total) have averaged 2 months for the most part.

by Anonymousreply 1311/30/2011

N3 to N4- it's a small county, very Catholic. Other gay people are quiet and low too- the society is homophobic. Now don't get me vrong, I'm very well educated and rather good looking so everybody wants to know when will I find someone and settle down- coz it's time. It's time for kids and blah blah blah. And when the opposite sex is hitting on me it's unwanted so I rather don't go out that much. But that way I can't meet someone gay...see, double edge...

by Anonymousreply 1411/30/2011

My daughter is 19 and never had sex. We have a good relationship and I have always tried to be open with her. My mother was a JW, we had a bad relationship and sex was an awful thing so of course I had to screw around. I am happy that my daughter is totally opposite and concentranting on college. I agree with another poster, the teen years are too early.

by Anonymousreply 1511/30/2011

Hey, i am 36 boy now, and the last year i been thinking and dreaming and have with with the same sex(boy) cant Get it out of my head, thinking all the time on it, Do you think i am turning gay?

by Anonymousreply 1611/25/2012

My parents ruined sex for me (independently of each other), as well as traumatizing childhood events that they allowed to happen.

I've only been able to do it once, while very drunk. It's been a constant source of depression and morbid thoughts, though I've tried all kinds of therapy to get over it. I'm in my late 20s.

by Anonymousreply 1711/25/2012

Lesbian here, 33. I have never technically had sex- well, a few years ago I guess it drunkenly happened with a friend at a club, but I dont count that.

I came out to myself at 19. My problems are fear of intimacy and lack of connection with others. Im not a weirdo and most find me funny and charming. I just hardly ever get close to people. I didnt think much of it in mu youth but, since passing 30, Ive been thinking I should see a therapist.

by Anonymousreply 1811/25/2012

I lost my virginity at 18, but I haven't had real, uninhibited sex with someone I love. I've only gone through the motions and let the other guy get off...

by Anonymousreply 1911/25/2012

We have a lot in common R18 :)

by Anonymousreply 2011/25/2012

[quote]Are you, were you, or have you ever known anyone that took a little longer to get laid?

Yes, my nephew.

by Anonymousreply 2111/25/2012

Yes, didn't get laid til age 35. I just didn't think anybody would ever want to have sex with me but they did.

by Anonymousreply 2211/25/2012

That's cool, R20 ;) Or not. Hahaha.

by Anonymousreply 2311/25/2012

So if you are a Gay male and you have never been penetrated personally, but have done to others are you still a technical virgin?

by Anonymousreply 2411/25/2012
Need more help? Click Here.