Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

How do you hide apps on an iPad?

My nieces and nephews will want to play with my iPad on Thanksgiving. I would rather them not see all the apps I have on there like ManHunt, Grindr, Scruff, Growlr. I don't want to just delete the apps since I would lose my profiles, all my contacts, chat histories, not to mention all the pictures I uploaded, which in itself is another problem. The last thing I need is for them to see a pic of their uncle's erect cock when they click on an app. Is there a way to rename the apps and change the icons? Or put them in a password-protected folder? I looked at all the settings and can't find a way to create folders. A little help, please.

by Uncle Daveyreply 5905/20/2014

just back it up on computer...sync apps.

then unplug/disconnect and delete apps by hand on iPad. then when, they the kids are gone, sync again, and make sure apps are checked.

by Uncle Daveyreply 111/24/2011

Be proud of your slutiness. Wear it like a badge of honor. You've earned it.

by Uncle Daveyreply 311/24/2011

[quote]The last thing I need is for them to see a pic of their uncle's erect cock

Hmm, maybe the second to last thing you need.

by Uncle Daveyreply 511/24/2011

[quote]just back it up on computer...sync apps. then unplug/disconnect and delete apps by hand on iPad. then when, they the kids are gone, sync again, and make sure apps are checked.

It doesn't work like that, R1. The info is specific to the device. That's why people could have one account on the iPad and one on the iPhone. That's why you see so many duplicate pictures on Grindr because these greedy motherfuckers have to be signed on on all devices and take up valuable real estate in the grid.

by Uncle Daveyreply 611/24/2011

Are you going to their house? Don't bring your iPad with you and tell them you forgot it.

Are they coming to your house? Hide it and say it's in the shop.

PROBLEM SOLVED!

by Uncle Daveyreply 811/24/2011

[quote]Hmm, maybe the second to last thing you need.

I don't get it. What am I missing?

by Uncle Daveyreply 911/24/2011

R9, I think R5 is insinuating that OP should have sex with his nieces and nephews.

MOVING ON...

OP, I don't think you can hide your apps per se, but you can download GoodReader for iPad to password encrypt certain files. It only costs $5 FWIW....

by Uncle Daveyreply 1011/24/2011

Why the hell would you let your nieces and nephews play with your iPad??

Jesus, kids don't have to know everything about technology. That's what's wrong with this fucking world.

by Uncle Daveyreply 1111/24/2011

Next time you sync to your computer.

1) select your iPad when it shows up in iTunes.

2) uncheck all the offending apps.

3) make sure "sync selected items" is checked.

3) Sync.

When the rug rats have left, go back an re-check your perky apps and sync again.

by Uncle Daveyreply 1311/24/2011

Perhaps, Davey Wavey, it's time to delete Grindr, put the shirt back on, and move on. You looked so needy in those leaked cock shots. We always knew you were a terrible flake, but they sealed it!

by Uncle Daveyreply 1411/24/2011

Fucking tell them no when they ask for the iPad. Problem solved.

by Uncle Daveyreply 1511/24/2011

Grow some balls and tell them no. Take them outside and show them what a ball is. Or give them a towel and have them polish the china before dinner.

by Uncle Daveyreply 1711/24/2011

Sweetie, they already know you are a whore. Their parents told them to stay in little groups when around you and to scream if you start to touch yourself.

by Uncle Daveyreply 1911/24/2011

Hide the iPad that the apps are on.

by Uncle Daveyreply 2111/24/2011

Tell your nephew to get his own Grindr account.

by Uncle Daveyreply 2211/24/2011

LMAO at "Uncle Bottom".

by Uncle Daveyreply 2311/24/2011

What R1 and R13 said. You can temporarily remove whatever apps you want by unchecking them during a sync process. Then stick them back on by rechecking them and syncing.

by Uncle Daveyreply 2411/24/2011

Again. Fuck the what the kids want. They don't call the shots, it's your goddamn iPad, grow a pair and tell them no.

by Uncle Daveyreply 2511/24/2011

R24, as has been said before in this thread, that does not transfer the info within the app. When you sync the apps back up, you lose all your chat info, contacts, etc and have to start over.

by Uncle Daveyreply 2611/25/2011

J'adore "Uncle Bottom"

by Uncle Daveyreply 2711/25/2011

Kids shouldn't be within a million miles of an iPad. They abuse the thing and poke around in your folders. And that goes for laptops, iPhones, dvd players etc. Don't take it with you and spend your time with them playing good old fashioned board games. There's plenty of time for them to grow up and wreck their own gadgets.

My 40 year old niece made the mistake of showing Angry Birds to her 5 year old nephew. Big mistake. He battered the fuck out of the screen. I wanted to kick the shit out of the little turd.

by Uncle Daveyreply 2811/25/2011

[quote]My 40 year old niece made the mistake of showing Angry Birds to her 5 year old nephew. Big mistake. He battered the fuck out of the screen. I wanted to kick the shit out of the little turd.

A 40 year-old niece? How old does that make you, Gramps?

Simmer down... you'll give yourself a stroke.

by Uncle Daveyreply 2911/25/2011

The answer is easier than anyone has suggested: simply give them a list of the apps that they are not to open.

OR

Leave your iPad somewhere easily accesible by them and tell them they can't play with it. If they insist, scream, "I hope a monster eats your pussy!"

by Uncle Daveyreply 3011/25/2011

R28, in your blind hate of anything under 16, (which I share) you forgot the main premise of your hatred: the little fuckers are completely out of control.

Telling them no is fine, but in practice, good luck with that. The OP has probably considered that 'no' isn't an option, so he might as well let them play with it.

That said, I agree with the sync advice.

by Uncle Daveyreply 3111/25/2011

[quote]You can temporarily remove whatever apps you want by unchecking them during a sync process. Then stick them back on by rechecking them and syncing.

I thought removing the app from the phone or iPad would remove any personalizations you'd made to it, such as a login or profile. I'm going to test it with an app I don't care about and see if restoring the app from iTunes will restore personalizations.

by Uncle Daveyreply 3211/25/2011

Go to settings and enable restrictions and then go to apps and set it for 12+

Grinder, et al will be gone. Then when those pesky kids are gone, just go back and set it to allow all aps and all your stuff will be back.

by Uncle Daveyreply 3311/25/2011

[quote]That said, I agree with the sync advice.

That's because you're an idiot.

by Uncle Daveyreply 3411/25/2011

A lot of angry eldergays on here who clearly haven't dealt with a little kid since the 1940s.

by Uncle Daveyreply 3511/25/2011

R6 ,9,26,34...You are the idiot and wrong. It works exactly as described in the sync advice. Stop pretending you know what you are talking about.

by Uncle Daveyreply 3611/25/2011

Or tell them (as I do - I'm a lawyer) that I have private client information on mine and can't allow anyone else to use or see it. It's a matter of legal ethics.

by Uncle Daveyreply 3711/25/2011

You're a whore, darlin'.

by Uncle Daveyreply 3811/25/2011

Uhm, you could always tell them "No!"

by Uncle Daveyreply 3911/25/2011

Tell them that Thanksgiving is a technology free day.

by Uncle Daveyreply 4011/25/2011

I think there should be a reality show on Logo called UNCLE BOTTOM.

by Uncle Daveyreply 4111/25/2011

Make sure you clean off the jizz before they use it.

by Uncle Daveyreply 4211/25/2011

[quote][R6] ,9,26,34...You are the idiot and wrong. It works exactly as described in the sync advice. Stop pretending you know what you are talking about.

Fuck you, R36. I just followed your stupid sync advice and guess what? Grindr is now asking me to upload a profile pic. All the starred favorite profiles are GONE. I don't know how to get in touch with these people again. All my chat histories are gone. So you should stop pretending you even know what the hell you are talking about.

by Uncle Daveyreply 4311/26/2011

You know they're going to break it, right?

by Uncle Daveyreply 4411/26/2011

Laughing at R43. You dope.

by Uncle Daveyreply 4606/01/2012

People claim that Mac stuff is so much more intuitive, but why do they make it so hard to hide Apps when Windows makes it as easily as clicking one simple "hide" button? Likewise, Ipad makes it hard to even move Apps on your desktop.

by Uncle Daveyreply 4706/01/2012

Go to App Store. Find "My Secret Apps"

Put all your private stuff in this folder, which is password-accessable.

by Uncle Daveyreply 4806/01/2012

Oh dear, R43. Next time, hide the iPad and buy a Kindle for the youngsters to trash.

by Uncle Daveyreply 4906/01/2012

d

by Uncle Daveyreply 5006/06/2012

You have completely fake problems.

by Uncle Daveyreply 5206/06/2012

Jailbreak your iPad. Download sbsettings. Go to more options and hide the icons of the app. Turn of all notifications

by Uncle Daveyreply 5307/13/2012

didn't read all the answers but for people reading this because they're searching there is an app called poof that you can only get through jail braking that lets you hide any app you want.

by Uncle Daveyreply 5408/18/2012

An app called "poof" to hide your slutty gay shame, you say? How appropriate.

by Uncle Daveyreply 5508/18/2012

Wow, there really is such an app as My Secret Apps. I just downloaded the free lite version. Claims to snap a photo of whomever tries to pry into your private files, including browsing history.

by Uncle Daveyreply 5608/18/2012

go in general> restrictions (you will have to set up a password) > apps > select "Allow apps rated 12+" . This can be done on an iPhone and on the iPad in order to hide grindr which is rated a 17+ ap. the icon will disappear from the screen. To unhide it just go in restrictions again and undo what you just did.

by Uncle Daveyreply 5701/08/2013

One common thing often obseved at all such apple help blogs, is the amount of beating around the bush, and non sense advices these any apple users dish out. I v seen often that instead of giving the poor user a real solution they ll do everything, but not dare question Apple,s agenda or their disregard for their customers.

by Uncle Daveyreply 5803/10/2013

Pls Isuggest me how to Hide apps on my iPad .......

by Uncle Daveyreply 5905/20/2014
Need more help? Click Here.